New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Pathfinder 2e: Legacy of Nex (IC)

Zarrachia

"We can't count of those bars holding him. We need to get out of here," whispers Zarra sharply.

Zarra tugs on Adria and Nihnin, trying to guide them farther down the tunnel.

Spoiler
    Show

She's running.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Sachni returned, laden with supplies. There were weapons, torches, climbing tools, and more. Preparation paid off; Unfortunately. So much for a peaceful trip. She hadn't even gotten the chance to buy souvenirs. Her best friend Maita would be so disappointed! Even monks weren't immune to the siren song of tourism. Sachni hoped things would calm down after this goblin incident. Maybe she could still enjoy the festival later.

She reported promptly to the Grand Alchemist. Beside her stood the gnome from before, and a...goblin? Sachni tried to hide her surprise. This woman would apparently be her team-mate. Best not to be rude. Sachni accepted Borume's religious blessings. The deities he mentioned weren't her own. But Sachni came from a place with over 10,000 gods. Accepting new ones came naturally to her. She bowed her head.

"Thank you, sir. I am ready to proceed."

Her new comrades also received a respectful bow.

"I am Sachni Mittacharikh. I look forward to working with both of you. May we be united in purpose and spirit."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Belginabo respectfully accepts his mission from Borume, with a bow that includes just a little bit of flourish, before he greets his new comrades.

"My name is Belginabo, at your service." He's already met his compatriot, Sachni, but the goblin is new. No, actually, he's seen her before. "Hey, you're the one who bumped the leader off his ape! And the woman, too. That was impressive! I am most honored to be on this mission with both of you."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Adria's eyes go wide at the sight of the monstrosity. Zarrachia has the right idea- fleeing is smart here. Adria scoops up Peridora and starts carrying her- longer legs matter at this point- and darts ahead, possibly even leaving her two shorter companions behind.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Making a Geb Lore roll in case these things exist there:

Geb Lore- (1d20+4)[5]

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Ellie
    Ellie's memory serves her well. In a second, she's retrieved the Elixir and she's administered to her new patient. Koma's eyes widen as his fellow Cindersnout's wounds begin to clear, grinning wide at his human friend, and patting her on the shoulder. "Ody! Thank you, Ellie! You best Longshanks ever!"

The little 'Ody' looks up at her too. He doesn't say anything just yet, his eyes still a touch misty, half open. Frowning, Koma glances around the room. Once again, the ceiling is still intact. "Ody, what happened? You no fall here. Something hurt you. What?"

"It... it..." Ody shivers, having trouble getting his words out. Something has spooked the little goblin badly

Adria & Zarrachia
    The group are on their heels in an instant, sprinting deeper into the caves as the nameless monster charges towards the portcullis. Behind you, you hear an ear splitting screech of metal as the old gate holds as firm as it can against the onslaught of furious anger. Clang after clang rings out as the monster wails upon the door, with fists as strong as sledgehammers, until finally you hear the defeated portcullis clatter to the floor in a shower of clinking splinters, as the creature's cry of triumph roars out behind you.

At least you've gained some ground, as you run swiftly through tunnel after tunnel, scrambling up and down as you go. Peridora is shivering in Adria's arms. Nihnin is praying. "Mother of monsters, make stupid big thing go away, pretty pretty pretty please..." None of you stop. The pounding of the creature's steps has resumed, and you'd all rather be pretty much any place but here right now

Spoiler: Adria
    Show
    You've seen a ton of monstrosities in Geb, mostly on holidays when the Blood Lords felt like hosting a military parade, but nothing quite like this. The legs bend back, the arms and torso are missized, it's nuts. Geb has issues making towering undead monstrosities these days - that sort of thing takes talent and skill that can be invested making Yet More Zombies to till the fields and haul goods. If a necromancer made this thing, they would probably need a laboratory. Or to have found an already existing hellbeast and just reanimated it.

Zarrachia, Adria & Ellie
    As Ody is stammering, four new figures charge into the cavern, entering on the other side of the river. This new quartet stop, finally catching their breaths after an excruciatingly long run. At least your paniced flight from danger has brought you to a jarringly beautiful part of the caves? A faint blue light plays across the cave, courtesy of the waterfall and river that cut it in two.

"Ody? Boss?" Nihnin can't quite help her incredulity as she gazes to the figures standing opposite her group, calling out to them. "How you two still alive?!" Koma seems about as surprised, not able to come up with an answer swiftly. Glancing about, Nihnin notes Ellie's facepaint, and grins, waving a hand at the alchemist "She save your butts, huh?"

Meanwhile Peridora has descended from Adria's arms, distracted from their recent encounter by the placid scene before them. "Where are we?" The question was mostly metaphorical. The little wizardess walks over to the rockface by the waterfall, placing her hand upon it as she looks up at the glowing rapids. "This is beautiful. You really do make the best discoveries when you don't plan on looking for them. Oh, I wish I wish I had my scrapbook."

Strangely, you can't hear the sound of Thumper's footsteps any more. Maybe you've managed to outrun the beast? Or maybe the sound of rushing water's made him harder to hear.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Zarrachia

Getting her breath partially back, Zarra waves to get the attention of the folks in the room. "Hi! Not to be a pest, but we're here because we were running away from something really big and angry and I'm not entirely sure we lost it so if maybe everybody wants to just keep moving that might be the best options all right thanks *pantgasp*"

Spoiler
    Show

Zarra's looking for an exit. Any chance she could swim from here?
    Last edited by Xacha; 2019-10-24 at 12:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Spamalot in the Playground

Ellie studies the new group in the cavern. She waves back to the third goblin.

"We saved each other and came to an understanding," she answers. "So... I can follow who here is with Koma, but who are the rest of you doing here... err, why are the rest of you doing... you know what I mean."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-24 at 04:59 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

8. - Top - End - #218

"Saving a lost little girl, running from monsters, the usual." She sets Peridora down for a second, hoping the monster has slowed down, then casts a spell, firing a lance of light at the ceiling a good distance away to try and block the path.

Show
    Casting Divine Lance on the ceiling 30 feet back.

Spell Attack- (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage- (1d4+4)[5] Good damage

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Despite the potential danger of the expedition, Raka couldn't surpress a grin on her face. This was what she was meant to do, not selling things out of a stall. Protecting innocents, slaying evil, and everything. And maybe if she proved her worth here, she could spin this off into more of the same! Show them what a goblin warrior could do, no matter her size!

"So we're going to go down there? How? I'm Raka, by the way."
    Last edited by Estralita; 2019-10-24 at 04:33 PM.
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Adria, Ellie & Zarrachia
    Koma nods, grateful for the backup. "We partners, Nihnin! Escape tricky dungeon and fought big scary metal man together!" Nihnin's eyes widen. She looks skeptically at Ellie, with a 'really?' evident on her eyes if not her lips, but doesn't press the matter further. She bobs her head to Zarrachia and Adria, muttering to her companions. "Koma idiot, but good fighter. Ody too. We should stick together. Safer that way."

Meanwhile, Peridora waves to Ellie, taking it upon herself to help answer the question. "It's my fault. And kinda a long story." She's about to go back to the wall, a trace of magical energy flicking by her fingers when the little wizardess realizes something. She turns back to Ellie on the other side of the river. "Weren't you the lady on the gorilla? What happened to your face, with the paint?"

Meanwhile, Adria's spell is cast with a little haste, her hands trembling slightly, but it's enough for what she needs. The rock crumbles, light debris starting to fall before heavier rocks come down, sealing the passage the four just entered from. Zarrachia, casting her eyes about the room, is able to reach some conclusions swiftly. The river is wide, but the current isn't too fast and there's stone outcroppings across its run. They can either ford it, or try to make a few simple jumps across if they're worried about getting wet.

Unfortunately, their options for exit points are not looking promising. She sees three additional tunnel mouths on the ground level with them, one on their side and two with the goblins and lady in the dress, but each of the three seem to slant downwards. She's fairly sure all of them will take them further away from the surface still. And they're deep now. Glancing up, she can make out a small opening in the wall on their side, close to the top of the cave, just to the right of the waterfall. That would lead them upwards, and fairly quickly too since it looks steep, but it's going to be a challenge to get this rag tag group to climb high enough to get in there. It's got to be more than fifty foot up there, although thankfully the face is rough and has a good amount of moss for hand holds

The immediate options all seem... less than ideal. At least she's fairly sure the monster won't be able to reach them with the tunnel blocked. Hopefully. The hole in the ceiling seems too small for the brute to make it through.

Spoiler
    Show
    To avoid second guessing, Xacha, this is me putting on my DM hat to say 'this information is accurate'. You had a bad survival roll prior to your encounter with Thumper, this is the result. I won't ask you to roll survival again after leaving this room, but getting back on the right path may prove a challenge.

Well, unless you're willing to consider leaving a few of the less nimble folks behind.

Raka, Belginabo & Sachni
    Borume bows to the three adventurers as they return. At Raka's question, the old man's eyes twinkle. "Fairly easily. All the three of you have to do is stand upon this platform. And hold on tightly to the railing."

Assuming the three of you do so, the Grand Alchemist claps his hands. With this simple movement, the drone starts to slowly fly out, away from the side of the pit. Mercifully, its motion is slow and steady, and the cables hold your footing in place, but holding onto the handrail is frankly a wise move. Borume tips the little group a salute as they are slowly lowered into the darkness

The oozes have lost their glow now. Soon enough, you are past the point of natural light, as the rotordrone slowly shifts its approach, looking for a flat area to dock with. A light attacked to its top half slowly flickers into life, providing you with not quite enough illumination to make out the chambers you are passing through. Finally the platform comes to a halt by an old rickety scaffolding tower, bringing you level with its top section. Iron tracks leading off onto the moist ground before you suggest that you're in a part of the Ooze Pits that was never converted back from its origins as a mine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hoookay, you three are now at the bottom of the pit, at the entry point of where the group likely fell! You guys are in Exploration Mode. How do you go about trying to track the group down? You've a lot of ground to cover, no clear starting point. Borume provided a map, so if you take it slow you won't get lost, but the tunnels are sprawling and odds are pretty good if they tried to get out, they got lost. The rotordrone will remain and can disengage if hostile monsters approach, so don't worry about protecting it. You've got an escape route covered
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-10-24 at 05:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Zarrachia

"So ... it looks like we're safe enough here for a moment - thanks, Adria. Seems like a good time to ask ... where exactly are we? Anybody have a guess?"

12. - Top - End - #222

Ellie Sprocket

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "Weren't you the lady on the gorilla? What happened to your face, with the paint?"
    "Yes, and I'm an honorary Cindersnout. For the day."

Quote Originally Posted by Xacha View Post
    "So ... it looks like we're safe enough here for a moment - thanks, Adria. Seems like a good time to ask ... where exactly are we? Anybody have a guess?"
    "Not to be rude, but... nah, I'll be rude. Who are you people?" Ellie asks. The short, young woman with the long green hair puts her hands on her hips and leans a bit to the left side. "Hmm, I'll start then, to be fair. I'm Elizabeth Marie Sprocket, or just Ellie for short. I'm one of the alchemist students over at the guild. This little scamp on my shoulder is my lab assistant, Widget." She scratches Widget affectionately under the chin.

"As to where we are, somewhere under the slime pits is all I know. Back this way leads to part of some kind of buried complex, and I think some of these other tunnels might take us to other parts of it It's quite the find." Ellie stops and awaits their introductions.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-24 at 08:39 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Zarrachia, Adria & Ellie
    Koma nods, seized of the need for introductions. The little goblin steps forward, so he's just on the edge of the riverbank on their side of the cavern. He's a short, grey skinned creature - with red swirls painted on his face, long ears that end in points, and wearing a fancy looking blue coat with golden trim. "Koma, hero of goblins, Chief Hunter of Cindersnouts!" Behind him, Koma hears a groan. "Uuuugh." Trying to force a smile, Koma waves at the still groggy looking goblin on the ground beneath him. "This Ody the Bold. Also Cindersnout!"

Nihnin sighs. She wears the same blue coat as her counterparts, but hers has been coated in a thin layer of grime, designed to help it blend into the darkness of Oenopion's backstreets a little better, and her version of the face paint seems less elaborate. "Nihnin. Also Cindersnout."

The little girl on the right hand side of the cavern chimes in. She's almost as well dressed as Ellie for this occasion, wearing a black tunic with silver trim. Her hair is also a humble black, running to her shoulders, and she wears a pair of circular horn rimmed glasses. She bows politely to first Ellie's group, then to her own friends. "Peridora Komachi Naraba. At your service."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Sachni stepped cautiously onto the platform. She could admit to some trepidation here. Her hands tightly gripped the guardrail. Soon, the suspect device descended into darkness. Sachni prepared herself for whatever lay below. Once the platform stopped, she disembarked quickly. Solid ground was better than floating magitech. She glanced back at her companions.

"Well, here we are. Let's be careful. There's no telling what could be down here."

The monk extracted and lit a torch from her backpack. Then she advanced, step by step.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Zarrachia

Zarra waves tiredly, "Zarrachia Marns, Customs Officer First Class, hot on the trail of some ... borrowed apes. We tangled with some ghouls back there, and then something even bigger and deader chased us here."
    Last edited by Xacha; 2019-10-25 at 07:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Belginabo's excitation is obvious to all as the drone takes him and his new comrades down the unfathomable depths of darkness!

Even more exciting, this is an opportunity to try his newfound power from the Riddler's book! He instinctively puts a hand in his backpack, but realizes this is not necessary - the heft of the tome is enough to confirm that it is indeed here, supporting his confidence in his abilities. He clears his throat, and utters a few words of arcane magic:

"C'est dans les profondeurs
    Que lumière nous guide
    Elle disperse la noirceur
    Pour nous, les intrépides!"

A globe of light appears from the tip of his fingers, and starts to float around, following the platform in its descent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Dancing Lights.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Ellie, Zarrachia & Adria
    Zarrachia's introduction makes all three goblins squirm. None of them have a poker face worth a damn, especially after everything they've gone through today. Eventually, Koma coughs. "Well, you find monkeys, you keep monkeys. Not steal them, just borrow so we get out of city okay! Then we'd let them go."

Ody shifts uncomfortably - the subject of the gorillas reminds her of the one that'd thrown her and Peridora from its back. Though Koma's brought up a good point. "How we get out of city now anyway, boss?"

The Cindersnout Leader hums, glancing at the cavernous cavern they've found themselves in. "Tunnels pretty big. Like Wastes-Warren. Way bigger than Ooze Pit. Find different way up, then blend into crowd. Get out past gate with old tricksy..."

It's at that point Koma remembers Zarrachia's uniform and profession. He raises his hands, starting to sputter quickly. "Pass! Pass! Gate pass! Because we very legal, very cool goblins with nothing to do with crime, or stealing or blowing things up!" Damn it, a few seconds longer and he'd have actually said the whole plan in front of a custom's officer! Nihnin holds a hand to her head, not quite able to believe what she'd just heard.

Meanwhile, Peridora's inspecting the waterfall wall, following Zarrachia's earlier line of reasoning. She huffs, looking up at the height of their most promising exit. "If I'd memorized the spell, I could've confured a spirit to fly up there with a rope for us. They could pull us out." Apparently unwilling to give up she kneels down beside the waterfall and starts to chant. Goopy meanwhile is clinging closely to Zarrachia. The little ooze is shifting about in her grip, trying to keep Zarra between him and... Peridora?

Show
    Just a reminder, there's still the glowing blue river and waterfall between Ellie, Koma and Ody and Adri/Peri/Zarra/Nihn/Goop. There's been lots of talking, which I'm fine with, it's not that high so the sound of water is quite quiet, but if it matters you're gonna have to cross (either by jumping on larger stepping stones that span the river, or just... you know, swimming.)

18. - Top - End - #228

Ellie Sprocket

"Oh, and that reminds me, I have given Koma a wand as part of our agreement working together, since he helped me recover some other items," Ellie explains with not much context. "I do want to help them leave the city peacefully, but first we do need to find our way out of these pits. Anyone have ideas?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Zarrachia

Zarra waves dismissively towards the Goblins, "Custom's agent, not guard. I just needed to know what happened to the bog monkies. Making arrests is out of my range."

"Speaking of range ... " She cranes her neck at looks at the opening high on the wall, "... our best way out of here may up there, but I've only got the one rope. Anybody got an extra rope handy?"

20. - Top - End - #230

Adria realizes she hasn't introduced herself. "I'm Adria Mullheim. And getting up there does seem nice, if we have a way..." She reaches into her satchel and pulls out her own length of rope. "Will this do?"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Raka gripped the railing hard, until she was completely certain the thing had stopped. Slow or not, this was not the kind of travel she was used to.

Once they were halted, Raka checked her weapons, making sure she could pull either her sword or flail at a moment's. Then she headed off with the others, moving towards the front in case something jumped out.

For the moment though, things seemed safe. Safe enough to start making conversation, and getting to know her ally's capabilities. "Magic, huh? Are you a wizard of some sort?"

22. - Top - End - #232

Ellie Sprocket

"Well, it is good to see all of you. Seriously, that complex down there is a death trap." Ellie motions to the large blood stain on her dress. "I guess we'll have to cross this bio-luminescent river to get to your side if we're doing the rope escape."

Ellie studies the water a bit to ensure it isn't liker, actually acid or full of... like, slaughter fish or something.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    What roll would that be? Nature? Society (scum)?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Zarrachia

Zarra ties Adria's rope to her own, then loops one end around her belt.

"This could take a minute. I'm out of practice."

Zarra digs her toes into the mossy wall and starts to climb.

Spoiler
    Show

Let's see how hilarious this is going to be.
    Athletics: (1d20+2)[20]
    Athletics: (1d20+2)[15]
    Athletics: (1d20+2)[18]
    If she rolls a critical failure, I'm invoking "halfling luck"
    Athletics: (1d20+2)[7]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Belginabo, Sachni & Raka
    With Belginabo's bright light to guide their way, the trio sets off deeper into the mine, planning to circle the upper levels to try and find some sign of the souls who've fallen down here. It's strange, you don't see or hear anyone around, but can make out the faint gloop of the oozes meandering about above you. There's a few areas where tracks of slime suggest larger plasm-formes have wandered down here, but none of them are apparent.

It takes you about a third of the circuit to find something unusual. You've reached what was once the base station of the mine's primary shaft - a nexus of crossing tracks and dismantled pulleys, with old rusted carts lying forgotten beside an abandoned lift. A slime has made a nest in one, and burbles softly as you pass, watching you. There are a few old buildings carved into the side of the wall, and rising across the side of the rockface: a supply depot, an old mess hall, and above them what'd once been the foreman's office, a building overlooking the rest of the station at the base of the shaft, ensuring that the official could keep a close eye on the coming and going of ore.

At a glance, the whole enterprise looks long deserted, doors swinging in the breeze, but drawing closer, you can just make out a faint light in the window of the foreman's office. A solitary candle flame. If the survivors of the fall had wanted a spot to hold up and wait for you in, they couldn't have found a better one. You hear a faint sound, someone tapping metal against wood, the rustle of cloth.

What do you do?

Show
    Feel free to roll whatever checks you like! And Bel, feel free to provide Raka with an answer - I'm keeping this moving, but don't want to shut down conversation.

Adria, Ellie & Zarrachia
    Thankfully, the water is as safe as it'd looked at a glance. Koma nods, and is about to follow Ellie across the water... when he remembers his charge. He glances down at the treasure tied to his belt, frowning. "Prooobably shouldn't get wand wet. It might go off or something. Ody, we take rock bridge!"

Ody groans a little, but nods, moving to follow the more enthusiastic Koma. The two goblins are soon at the handful of rock placements that span the river, and begin to cross together, Koma taking the first jump each time then waiting for his subordinate to join him. They make the first jump. And then the second. Koma however has some difficulty with the third, slipping as his feet come down, and bending to his knees to retain his balance. With a triumphant cry, the Cindersnout Leader rises to his feet... only to be knocked back into the water by Ody landing nearly atop him gracelessly.

And in that instant, the room itself changes.

The water pulses, the faint blue light growing rapidly brighter. Then in an instant it vanishes, leaving Ellie's lantern and Adria's spell the sole remaining light left in the room. The sound of rushing water fades away, the current itself starting to recede as the rock itself begins to rumble. You hear the clang of metal shifting, strange horns echoing in the distance behind the wall you stand next to. Ellie can make out the familiar hiss of vents and the clack of gears, as if some great mechanism has been started.Before your started eyes, over a hundred tons of rock wall starts to retract - like two curtains being pulled aside to greet the morning sun. Zarrachia just barely has time to jump away from her suddenly unstable perch once she realizes what's begun - from the ground, she can only watch as the hole she'd been banking on as a path back to the surface rumbles and trundles away into the rock.

Now the outer layer is gone, the group can see that this cavern is significantly larger than they'd realized. It equals Oenopion's town square in size quite easily, with a smooth plain of rock set out before you. In the walls lie the collection of gears and enchanted vents that control the now withdrawn facade. But dominating this greater chamber stands a massive gate that glints like copper in the light of lantern and spell. It looms above you, a mighty fifty feet tall with the three Rings of Nex emblazoned proudly upon its centre, and a chorus angels, demons, dragons and shadows encircling it all. As the seven of you watch, the rings light up blue, and then the Sanctuary Gate too begins to slowly rumble open, its elaborate carvings splitting in twain as it divides into its two component doors. A great chill gust rushes over your group, as long sealed air bursts forth into the confines of the Ooze Pit of Oenopion.

And then, with a final rumble of machinery, the true gate stops. A vast expanse of blackness lies before you. Peridora blinks. All three Cindersnouts just stand there, mouths agape. None of the four have the nerve to break the silence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception checks, and reactions, if you please. And hey Xacha - that 20 was useful! If you hadn't rolled that, I'd have called for a tumble roll to avoid damage.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2019-10-25 at 05:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Zarrachia

Silence. Zarra drops back to the floor and blinks at the door. And blinks again. Yup, the door is still there. The silence stretches on ...

"Blorp!"

She sighs. "Well, Goopy, that's it. You know there's no way I can NOT explore that, don't you? Cayden Cailean would never answer a prayer for me again if I just walked away."

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+6)[18]

If nothing else happens, Zarra is going to pull out her bullseye lantern and light it up, then examine the open door. She's got Nexian History, so maybe the symbols and iconography might give her a hint as to who made it and why.
    Lore: (1d20+4)[8]

26. - Top - End - #236

Ellie Sprocket, gobsmacked, part II

"I did't touch anything," Ellie suddenly says. She looks around and her eyes set on the symbol of Nex. The face Ellie makes is the kind of face you make when you see a friend you haven't talked too in weeks. and they owe you money. Then the door opens and her face changes to one of worry. Then-- "Oh yeah... the light-map I had found said that sanctuary was compromised by something in the element of water. Of course! This river was leaking inside the place. Remember when I said that there was a labyrinth down here to Nex and some of these tunnels may lead to other sections? Well my hypothesis seems proven correct and if I'm not mistaken, this may be the entrance to the main Nex complex. The Nexplex, if you will." Ellie is proud of her terrible name for this place.

Perception (1d20+5)[16]

She looks specifically at Zarrachia. "I advise against going inside on account that this complex likely holds many more dangerous traps meant to keep out explorers like us. And by explorers, I mean intruders. And by us... no that part is literal. On the other hand, any of these tunnels could just lead us to other parts of the complex anyway, so might as well stick together through this. Sigh. At least together our chances of survival are much higher.."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-10-25 at 07:33 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #237

Quote Originally Posted by Estralita View Post
    For the moment though, things seemed safe. Safe enough to start making conversation, and getting to know her ally's capabilities. "Magic, huh? Are you a wizard of some sort?"
    The gnome's pleasure is visible at this question. "Well yes I dabble in magic... I am actually only an apprentice at this time, although I already have a few accomplishments to my name..." He lowers his eyes in a rather unconvincing attempt at humility. It doesn't take great psychology skill to see that he's dying to be asked for details of what those accomplishments might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    At a glance, the whole enterprise looks long deserted, doors swinging in the breeze, but drawing closer, you can just make out a faint light in the window of the foreman's office. A solitary candle flame. If the survivors of the fall had wanted a spot to hold up and wait for you in, they couldn't have found a better one. You hear a faint sound, someone tapping metal against wood, the rustle of cloth.
    Belginabo's instinct would be to call out to whoever is in here, but something in the scene strikes him as odd. He softly asks his companions, "do you think it could be those we're looking for?"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Sachni advanced through the mine. It was eerily deserted. She imagined the place in its heyday: A bustling hive of activity. Now the only people here were Sachni's trio, and the lost souls they'd come to rescue. At least, that's what Sachni hoped. These shadowy caverns could conceal a whole smuggling ring; Or worse.

The monk kept a watchful eye for signs of life. She eventually found it. A single flame stood out from the darkness. Encouraging. Slimes didn't light candles. And it was in the right place, too. Belginabo asked the natural question. Sachni gave the natural answer.

"I suppose it must be. Who else would be down here?"

29. - Top - End - #239

Adria stares in awe as the mysterious chamber opens up, and looks between the split opinions of her group. "I'm... staying with Peridora." She looks to the young girl. "Elizabeth has the right idea, it's probably not safe in there... but it's up to you. You have the right to make your own decisions."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Raka raised an eyebrow at the gnome's answer. but did not question his claims. "So, what kind of spells do you know, then?"

In the present, Raka frowned. "I don't know, but we need to find out. Should I knock?"