New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Faerie Affair - IC IV: Dragon with Butterfly Wings

"Oh, you stayed up all night working on it! You shouldn't have!" Astra says, rather concerned for the gnome's well-being. "I mean, it's very nice, though.. thank you! I've been so excited to try on something new, light, and colorful... something we created together!"

She flies behind the screen and gets to work, first removing her old dress. If not for Astra constantly maintaining it with mending and cleaning it with prestidigitation, it would be a pile of filthy, shredded up rags! Or worse, maybe even completely disintegrated seeing as how long she's had the dress. It's no wonder she was dying to try something new for a change.

The bottom layer was the simplest. It was only a matter of tying the small strips of azure silk around her hips and breasts. After that, there was the orange silk which was significantly more sheer. They were put on about the same way, and the portions of cloth were a bit bigger. Last there was the gossamer silk yellow on top, lightest and thinnest of them all. The lower part hung just below her waist as a nice short skirt and the upper part draped over her shoulders like a shawl she could hardly even feel. Her entire belly was exposed.

She comes out from behind the screen to show off. "I think it looks cute! You said something about wing holes.. are you sure we needed that?"

The yellow part simply hung above her wings, and the lower parts were tied below (albeit that was quite difficult). Was she putting this thing on right?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kor tried to look nonchalant as the faerie spots him. "Uh, yeah... Um, I got lost? Better get back to work!" Before the fey had time for any more questions, Kor flew out. He supposed he could have asked for food, but he'd failed in the hunt, so he'd have to face the consequences. He hoped Violet had done better (and that she was willing to share!). Kor thought he'd seen her flying out of the room, and goes to rendezvous with her.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

A cheerful grin greets Kor as he finds Violet, before she hugs him. "Yaay! That was lots of fun, and the jellies look really yummy, and you did a really good job distracting them too!" Her excitment dimming slightly as she releases Korand pulls out the seven jellies she acquired. "I got lots of them! Some of each of us, and maybe one for Astra, so she knows what she missed out on?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Oh yeah, the distraction! Glad you got what I was planning!" Yeah, Kor totally hadn't gotten caught accidentally. The sash looked nice, but maybe it wasn't that good for sneaking.

"Ooh, jelly!" Kor exclaimed, and immediately snapped one of the treats from Violet. "Thath's a ghood idea, I bet she'll regret not coming with ush!" Kor replied, mouth full. He himself wouldn't have shared, but he supposed Violet could decide what to do with the extra treat.

5. - Top - End - #395

GreenSorcererElf

With Kor snagging one of his treats, Violet carefully takes a bite from one of hers, and her face lights up with joy as the taste of strawberries fills her mouth. A few bites later, and her mouth cleared, her voice filled with happiness and joy. "They're really yummy! Your idea was a really good one! And lots of fun!" After she finishes speaking, she munches on her strawberry treat, even as she holds two of the others out to Kor.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Astra
    Show
    "Glad you like it," he says, "but it does need a bit of tightening up at the back, and proper hems so it doesn't come apart. Maybe 'wing holes' was the wrong phrase - it's pretty much more hole than cloth, eh?! But, well, hang on..." He scurries behind you and starts pinning the edges of the yellow silk together. "This won't take long. Is there anything else you want to change? Neckline sitting okay? I was thinking maybe a longer tail just around the back of the skirt?"
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Oooh. You mean we wouldn't just want to tie the pieces together?" Astra asks. "I kind of like the look and feel. Maybe you could even have a catch phrase: one size fits all!" she giggles.

"Hm.. you know, I was thinking maybe I'd want this yellow bit to go under my arms and shoulders, not over them.. It's more what I'm used to like with my old dress, and I think it would actually match the bottom part more.." Though this likely meant needing to redo the top part a bit has the "neckline" certainly wasn't the same size as her.. uh.. "chestline"? And it would certainly conflict with her wings in that case.

"Hm, a tail? I'm not sure. Can you even really see it? Sorry," she says, trying to collect her hair and keep it out of the gnome's way.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-11-24 at 09:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Yes, certainly, I can do that," he says, fiddling with the yellow straps, "just a few minutes' work."

Firecracker acquiesces to Astra's other points, despite his clear desire to overcomplicate the garment, and goes back to work. Not long after, the dress is ready. "There we go, I think that's finished, don't you? Will you take it away now, or do you want it delivered to your lodgings?"

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Oh, are you kidding?? I'd love to wear it out! I'm so excited to show everyone and my friends!" Astra says, beaming at him.

"By the way Mr. Firecracker, I didn't really get your whole name. There was Fizz somewhere in there, right?"

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kor grabs both of the treats from Violet, not wasting any time munching them down. "Yup, never a bad time to go find some yummies!" Kor said, nodding in agreement.

"Hmm, I guess I should go find Bumblegrove's people, in case we need to do some testing on the warbear idea..." Kor said, licking his mouth clean of the strawberry treat.

11. - Top - End - #401

GreenSorcererElf

Happy to give Kor his share, the cheerful petal nods as Kor plans. "Maybe I could meet Bumblegrove? But I need to thank Misty, and maybe find some music, and help with gardening, and say Hi to Astra? Maybe when I find them?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Yeah, that could be fun! I'm sure he'd welcome you... I don't think he's as uptight as lot of the folks here. Find them and then meet at Bumblegrove's place. Ooh, if you do find some good music, maybe you can play to him?" Kor quickly gave him instructions, and then took off.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Glad you like it!" Regarding his name, he says: "no, there's no Fizz in there. Not yet anyway! Knew a Fizzog once, and a pair of twins called Izzy and Lizzy, but the only names I've ever gone by are Lindenwood, Firecracker, Two Dogs, Oblong, and Zobmoboggle. Last one's the 'family name' as they call it, but I mostly use Firecracker with the Faeries. Just fells like the best fit around here."

Spoiler: Kor & Violet
    Show
    Kor finds Lord Bumblegrove and his retinue languishing around the mustering field. They've got a lot of unconventional equipment and no system for organising anything, so they're not yet ready to get underway. Grand Marshall Bronzeshield is on the scene, trying to hustle them along, but you get the impression it'll be at least an hour or so before they can get everything into order.

Meanwhile, where is Violet off to?

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

14. - Top - End - #404

GreenSorcererElf

Violet smiles cheerfully at Kor's words, listening intently. "I'll try!"

After Kor departs, Violet hovers for a few moments, trying to decide where to go. Luckily, the first idea to pop into her head was to visit Misty, to thank her for the wonderful garland, so Violet quickly flies off, to find her friend.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Astra thanks the gnome again and happily flies off. Where to now? She flew a bit erratically around trying to remember what she should be doing.

Let's see there was the whole spy business she was giving up on. She'd never find Rona Rainbow herself. The children were retrieved and Juniper was alive! She still had tons of scrolls and alchemical recipes to go through.. ah, scrolls!

Didn't Astra say she might have some made for the Miscellaneous Department team? Well that was a bust. Maybe she'd better go try to find them? Astra does just that. She'll see if she can locate that team that was meant to go out on the hunt. Maybe she'll hear some news on the hunt's status too!

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Can I choose a later time to prepare spells for today, or do I need to have this list set after taking the long rest?

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Kor
    Show
    Kor waves to Bumblegrove, but goes to meet Bronzeshield. "Looks like... stuff is happening. Anything I can help you guys with? Any snacks around?" Kor had just eaten some delicious stuff, but it was never not time for snacks. He also eyed if those fey who had the human weapon were around.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Violet
    Show
    The children, of course, are among the few inhabitants of the enclave who are not doing anything special today. This morning, they are taking lessons with Lionstar... Sylvan Literature, by the looks of things. When you arrive in the children's wing of the Palace, they're reading lines from a play about the archfey Titania and Oberon.

"Miss Violet!" They all say in chorus.

Lionstar pinches his nose. "I don't suppose you're here to refresh your knowledge of the classics, by any chance?"

Show
    The Miscellaneous Department's team of 'hunters' is just on their way to the mustering field when you find them. They seem to be dragging their heels a little... maybe they were waiting for you?

Archibald strides forward and claps you on the shoulder. "If it isn't Astra Glitterwing!" He roars, loud enough for the whole street to hear. "Ready to see what this old boy looks like in action! Eh?"

You're supposed to prepare your spells for the day during the long rest, but while you're in the enclave with ample access to study space etc., I'll allow you to delay it for now.

Show
    "Snacks?!" Bronzeshield smiles. "Ah, well, to be fair there probably are some rations you could munch on somewhere around here. It's up to Lord Bumblegrove to feed you as long as you're embedded with his troops, though."

Overhearing this, he says "Yes, yes, indeed! We've got plenty of victuals in that wagon over there. And on that cart over there... and also some still in the supply tent... I think some were already sent on ahead already...?" He scratches his chin. "Well anyway, we won't let you starve. You're our secret weapon!"

Bronzeshiled cuts in while Bumblegrove hares off in search of his quartermaster. "I don't think there's anything else I need you to do right now. Your real task starts when the hunt kicks off, after all, so you may as well save your energy for that."

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Show
    okay, I saw exactly where it says how that works. I really appreciate being able to choose a bit later after we actually have some idea of what we are doing today though!

"Oh! Hey!" Astra says, raising a hand in greeting with a timid smile. But she backs up a bit. That clap kind of stung!

"What old boy?" she asks, looking for a particularly elderly-looking midget of sorts before coming to a realization.

"Oh! You mean you! Ah, I guess..... is everyone still going? When?"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-12-15 at 06:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409

GreenSorcererElf

Show

Smiling happily as she flits through the palace in search of giant children, Violet's smile transforms into a cheerful grin when she finally finds them, and Lionstar. She, of course, waves. "Hi!" Just as she starts to look towards Missy, Lionstar's words reach her, and she, perhaps predictably, looks a little confused as she spins to look at him.
    "What are classics?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Show
    "Gotcha! I'm gonna go grab some energy, and go find your wizards! I wanna see what they've got planned for our surprise!" Kor flits to the wagon, grabbing as much food as he can carry with all his four limbs and mouth. Hopefully encumbered with food, he goes to find Bumblegrove's people who had that human weapon.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Soon!" Says Archibald. "I'm ready to go right now, in fact, but these laggards keep slowing me down."

The others look at each other, bemused but apparently not insulted. Mimsie speaks first: "we're just making sure we've got everything ready. Don't want to go into this unprepared and end up embarrassing ourselves. I figure we've got another hour or so before we really need to move." You see that they've loaded up a cart with a collection of arms and armour, and Bruno is going over some basic combat drills with Tuck.

Keit floats over to you and asks "so, you were going to, like, get hold of some magic scrolls, right? Are they ready?"

Show
    The chest with the human weapon is in the stewadrship of a faerie alchemist named Hans. He's keeping a careful watch over the smokepowder, while a team of gunners goofs off nearby. "Ho there, Sir Korialstrasz. Come to check on the equipment? It's ready for deployment whenever you are."

Show
    "Classics of literature, my dear." The way he says 'literature' makes it sound like a loanword from another language. "Today we're studying some poems by Aoibie, the Shining Princess."

"They're boooooring," says Tadd.
    "You're just too stupid to understand them," Raven retorts.
    "Well, I dunno. That last one was pretty... abstract." Mutters Jack...
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2020-12-30 at 07:14 PM.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

22. - Top - End - #412

GreenSorcererElf

Show

Looking slightly confused by Lionstar's explanation, but as he mentions a Shining Princess, Violet smiles once more. "A Shining Princess? Was she really nice, AND sparkly? And she made poems? Are they nice poems?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Oh! Uh.. well you see, I really just didn't have time. The whole day I was busy and.. well, unfortunately it does take quite some time to create scrolls like that... Sorry."

"I guess I'll really go with you all for now. But I'll need some time to prepare my own spells. Hopefully it won't hold you all up any more than you already are."

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Show
    Kor grinned at that "sir". He wondered if either monarch had knights, he should probably ask after all this was done... Well, and try to do something cool and heroic to earn the title too.

"Yup, yup, ready enough. Full of snacks and fighting spirit!" Kor said, spreading his wings, his tail flapping eagerly.

He sniffed at the explosive concoction. It smelled dangerous. "So... I'll be carrying this stuff around? It's not too explosive?" Kor asked. "Not that I'm afraid or anything!"

25. - Top - End - #415

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: Violet, pt 2
    Show

Taking advantage of the distraction, as everyone imagined a shining princess, Violet quickly flits down, and hugs Misty. "Thank you for the really nice and pretty garland! It was a really wonderful surprise!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Well if you're coming, that's even better," she says. "I'm sure we can wait for you to prepare your spells. What sorts of magic do you know, anyway?"

Show
    "Well, that's a good question. It certainly can be explosive, in the right (or, uh, wrong) circumstances. Ideally, I'd like to split it up and have multiple people carry it to minimize the risk, but... us tiny folk can only carry a couple of charges each. Unless you can think of some other way, it looks like you'll end up having to bear most of the burden." It occurs to you that he probably intended that as a pun.

Show
    Misty hugs you back and says "glad you liked it!"

Meanwhile, Lionstar rolls his eyes, muttering something about "whoever was responsible for your education really dropped the ball." In condescending tones, he explains "hm, well, the 'shining' part is meant in more of a figurative sense. As is the 'princess' part, I suppose. But yes, some of her poems are 'nice'... she is by all accounts a kind-hearted faerie. Here:" he hands you a book of poetry.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Astra brushes her fingers through the hair behind her head nervously. "Oh, you know... magic. Helpful magic..." She clears her throat and says, "Um, let's just leave it at that. Protective and helpful magics. It's not good trying to categorize it in a box, when it won't even fit in said box." She just shrugs after that, and goes off somewhere somewhat quiet so she can concentrate and actually prepare spells for the day.

Show
    spells chosen: comprehend languages, shield, protection from good and evil, faerie ward, detect magic, dark vision

28. - Top - End - #418

GreenSorcererElf

Show

Violet smiles happily at the returned hug, but she lets go before it gets awkward, and turns her beaming smile on Lionstar, listening to his explanation, but as she accepts the book, she looks at it, momentarily confused. "Thank you!"
    Not missing a beat, she quickly opens the book to a random page, and recites a poem, with a smile.

"Throughout the afternoon I watched them there,
    Snow-fairies falling, falling from the sky,
    Whirling fantastic in the misty air,
    Contending fierce for space supremacy.
    And they flew down a mightier force at night,
    As though in heaven there was revolt and riot,
    And they, frail things had taken panic flight
    Down to the calm earth seeking peace and quiet.
    I went to bed and rose at early dawn
    To see them huddled together in a heap,
    Each merged into the other upon the lawn,
    Worn out by the sharp struggle, fast asleep.
    The sun shone brightly on them half the day,
    By night they stealthily had stol'n away.

And suddenly my thoughts then turned to you
    Who came to me upon a winter's night,
    When snow-sprites round my attic window flew,
    Your hair disheveled, eyes aglow with light.
    My heart was like the weather when you came,
    The wanton winds were blowing loud and long;
    But you, with joy and passion all aflame,
    You danced and sang a lilting summer song.
    I made room for you in my little bed,
    Took covers from the closet fresh and warm,
    A downful pillow for your scented head,
    And lay down with you resting in my arm.
    You went with Dawn. You left me ere the day,
    The lonely actor of a dreamy play.
    "

After she finishes, her smile practically radiating happiness, she hugs Lionstar too. "They are really nice!"

Spoiler: Performance check, if needed
    Show

(1d20+9)[27] Performance!

Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Show
    Kor let out an amused snort in response to the pun. He'd heard puns were something called "low-brow" humor, but then again he didn't have eyebrows, so it was probably all right. "Well as long as I don't lose my bearings, it should be okay."

"Can't stay fuzzy all day anyway, so not like you guys need to bring every pinch of this stuff..." He frowned, looking at the powder. "Oh! I haven't seen the weapon in action. Can you show me what it does?"

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    The children applaud your recital. Petey says "wow, that was beautiful!" and Juniper compliments you on your choice of poem. Raven, who had been blushing throughout the second stanza, covers her face with her hands.

Lionstar's face softens, too. "Well I must admit, you have a fine voice. Very appropriate for reading Aoibie's elegant words. You can keep that book, if you like."

Show
    Hans nods. "Yes, absolutely. Let's do a practice shot." He calls the gunners to attention and issues instructions. They have made up a bear-sized saddle with a tripod fixed to it, which they place on the ground in an empty 'lot', away from the few remaining tents. Three gunners don heavy leather gloves and load the blunderbuss with a charge of smokepowder and an armful of lead balls. They move carefully and precisely, as if they know what to do, but haven't had much chance to practise: the whole process takes them about 6 seconds. The gunners then work together to lift the gun onto the tripod. Once mounted, one of them stands below the barrel; propping it up, one flies behind the stock; to 'steer' it, and one positions himself on the trigger.

Meanwhile, Hans has set up an archery target about 60 feet away. "Is everyone ready? Sir Korialstrasz, I should warn you, the weapon is quite loud." The gunners all have tiny mufflers over their ears - one of them tosses a pair to you.

Show
    As you finish up with your spells, a courier knocks on your door. "Message from Chairman Sandyshore. For you, miss." She hands you an envelope.

Inside, a short note reads: Astra, I wanted to thank you again for your help with the hunt. Enclosed is a small gift. I hope you find it useful. J

The envelope also contains a tiny, gold ring, set with a purple gemstone.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair