New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Faerie Affair - IC IV: Dragon with Butterfly Wings

Astra smiles at Violet and muses, "Bright colors would be nice. Sparkles, too! I'd love something pastel green. Or deep red, like my wings. Or light purple, muave, another pastel... Or bright yellow! Or
    ......"

Astra ends up naming a whole bunch of colors. It's probably clear by now she cares more about the type and quality of fabric than the actual color, but she at least wants the top and bottom to match.

She does say to Violet, "Well, I'm trying to design my own thing, but I am sure Mr. Firecracker could help you with a dress for you!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Violet listens to Astra's color commentary with a smile, clearly glad that someone else knew how to appreciate the wonderful world of colors too. "Maybe a really nice azure? It'd go really well with your wings!"

But as the conversation continues, and Astra replies, Violet frowns, thoughtfully, at Astra's suggestion. It takes a few moments before she replies. "But... I really like my dress? It helps remind me that my garden's ok, and it's really nice."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

As the others spoke to the shopkeeper, Kyu was investigating their assortment of ribbons. She was hung up on colors, but she overheard Astra's conversation about color. An idea showed up in her head. She flew as fast as she could over to Astra and the designer. "Hey Mister Mister, I've got an idea. Could you make a dress that changes colors based on what other people like? I can choose my colors all I want, but if someone doesn't like pink I'll never look cute to them. But if other people can choose the color of my dress that will never be a problem!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Kor
    Show
    "Hah, very good." Grand Marshall Bronzeshield gives you dark green sash that marks you out as a royal appointee and tells you where you can find the three nobles, Foxcomet, Maplehall and Bumblegrove. She also says that you and your friends are welcome to take any basic equipment that you need (weapons, armour, rations, etc.) from her field armoury, which is in a separate tent nearby.

Spoiler: Astra, Kyu, Violet
    Show
    Firecracker writes down all of your ideas, instructions and assorted whims in his illegible handwriting, never asking you to slow down or go one at a time.

He's quite on board with Astra's plan for silky, wrap-like garment. He considers a few different colour options - he's remarkably quick at sketching out designs in chalk and charcoal - before settling on a fiery scheme of bright yellows, oranges and deep reds. "No patterns, I think, but lots of layers. A bit of gold around the neckline... something like this?" It looks like it would be very bright! "Does that work for you?"

As for Kyu's request, he thinks hard, while flipping through what looks like a spellbook. "What you want is an illusion that appears different to different people... so the dress changes to be whatever their favourite colour is. That's pretty advanced stuff; I don't think I've heard of it before. We'd probably have to get a mage to help enchant the fabric... but I expect it's doable. Just needs a bit of research!"
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, wow! It kind of looks like candle flame! Hm, wait. Let's change the very bottom layer to azure..."

The resulting garment they came up with looked to be beautiful, at least on paper.

It amounted to an azure silk bandeau bra and mini sarong on the bottom. Above that were a couple layers of orange gossamer wrapped around her breasts and around her waist. Finally there were several more layers of bright yellow gauze silk which were a little wider and provided a bit more coverage. The bottom part still only came down to about half to her knee, and the top part draped to the sides of her shoulders regally. Overall, it probably wouldn't seem too risque, if not for the fact that the top two layers were translucent.

"I can't wait to see how it looks!" Astra beams.

Looking over at Kyu, she sadly says, agreeing with the gnome, "Yes, I think that would definitely be magic.. I'm sure it's possible, but I am not sure where to begin off the top of my head. It would definitely take lots of time to research... I dunno, I guess you should start with the base, how you want it to look first."
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-10-26 at 01:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

GreenSorcererElf

Violet cheerily chimes in with color suggestions as Astra discusses her would be dress, not so subtly guiding it towards bright colors as she goes. When, at last, the finished sketch is ready, Violet smiles cheerily at the hard working pair. "It'll be really pretty!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well cute of course!"*Kyu opens her palm and lists things of counting them on her fingers. "You know like a frilly skirt, maybe shoulder less, sleeveless. It has to have a ribbon of course, either on the back or the front whatever looks better."
    Last edited by Pyon; 2019-10-28 at 02:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

GreenSorcererElf

Violet chimes in as Kyu mentions ribbons, with a broad smile. "Really sparkly ones? The sparrows would probably love to chase them!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Clothes shopping
    Show
    "Right, big sparkly ribbon, frilly skirt, no sleeves... shouldn't be too hard. I'll see what I can dig up, enchantment-wise. And for yours," he turns back to Astra, "I can get onto it right away if you like. Come back in two days for fitting, then I'll have it done by the evening of the twelfth. It'll be fifteen* credits, but you don't have to pay until you take delivery."

*You have 59 right now.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Astra says, "Umm.. ok.." a little disappointed. Two days! Well, at least she visited now rather than later!

Astra won't mind paying him now for designing and creating the outfit.

11. - Top - End - #41

GreenSorcererElf

Violet seems a little confused at the mention of credits, but she seems to move past that as she smiles cheerily. "They're going to be so wonderful!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #42

GreenSorcererElf

After a few moments of silence, and everyone just sort of standing there, awkwardly, Violet chimes in again. "Maybe if we go, and explore, and find the giant children, they'll get done sooner?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Astra gives Violet a look. "Sadly no. But it might seem shorter."

"I'd love to try the outfit before that hunt, or before I have to randomly leave without it..."

14. - Top - End - #44

GreenSorcererElf

Violet looks a little confused. "But... if it seems shorter, it is shorter, right? Because we're not waiting, we're having fun instead? And Firecracker can have fun making them, so everyone's having fun?"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kor looked at the sash uncertainly, then just took it in his teeth. "Ihl shee what I chan dho!" Kor said and took off. He thought he might as well go visit one of these nobles, maybe Foxcomet. At least, he couldn't make things worse.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Dress shop
    Show
    Firecracker scratches his head. "The hunt... Isn't that starting, er, tomorrow?" Clearly the news has spread throughout the entire enclave. "I certainly can't get this made before then. Maybe if I start with just the under layer we could get that fitted and finished tomorrow?

And don't worry if you're not going to be around. We can make arrangements to have it delivered elsewhere. Even into the Feywild if you like!"

By this point he is well into the task of measuring out and cutting up azure fabric. "You know, lurking here won't make this go any quicker. Unless there's anything else you need, I'm happy to get cracking."

Show
    You find Lord and Lady Foxcomet doing some last-minute drills with their faeries-at-arms. They seem young, and their troops are well equipped for the hunt. A pair of towering hounds bounce playfully around the campground, full of energy.

When they notice you, the nobles and a few others flit over. They clock your sash. "Ho there! What news, sir?"

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, no, I guess we'd better go... unless you'd want a bit of help fixing up your shop? You seem to have interesting things here and all, it's just the outside looks.. bad. I mean, fashion is all about looks and outer appearances! How are you going to run a successful clothing shop if your shop looks abandoned from the outside?"

18. - Top - End - #48

GreenSorcererElf

Violet looks a little confused by this. "Hunt? Like a scavenger hunt? Those can be lots of fun, especially if you don't know where everything is! It's really fun to find things!" Talking seems to be cheering her up, but another small frown soon appears. "But if there's going to be a scavanger hunt, we should find the giant children, so we can make sure that they can have fun too, and everything's ok!"
    With that, she starts to fly towards the door, but she pauses as she looks at the loud thing, and remembers its dislike of her.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kor stopped to pet one of the dogs before going to speak with the lord and lady, finally being able to drop the sash. "Hiya, I'm Korialstrasz! I'll be in the hunt too, and I'm just sorta... checking everything's going well. You guys were going to be in the east part, right?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Fashion
    Show
    The gnome pauses at Astra's suggestion. "Oh, are you in the advertising business? I've never had much flair for that - clothes are more my speed. If you've got ideas for fixing up the shop, I'm happy to listen... Though I don't have much credit to spare for that sort of project."

And when he sees Violet stop before the door, he says (to Astra) "should I disengage the buzzer? And uh, I mean, I don't know much about the hunt myself, but maybe you should explain to her that it's not a scavenger hunt. I get the feeling it needs to be broken to her gently..."

Show
    "East? Psh. We could cover every point of the compass if Bronzeshield would let us." Says Lord Foxcomet.

"It's an insult, is what it is," growls Lady Foxcomet. "As if we're not good enough lead the line, just because Rupert's only a Baron."

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I wasn't thinking of anything too fancy. It's just the walls outside are cracked, and the display is dusty and barren. I could probably at least fix that up with some use of Mending and Prestidigitation."

Turning to Violet she sadly nods and says, "Yeah, I'll have to tell her..."

22. - Top - End - #52

GreenSorcererElf

Violet, currently trying to carefully sneak past the door, so she doesn't disturb it, doesn't seem to notice the conversation.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Uhh... Well I don't they'd have put you there if the didn't trust you..." Kor said, a little unsure what to say.

"But you know... I heard there's another secret mission that Bronzeshield needs hunters for. And I think she only picks people who she can trust... But I'm not sure if you'd be interested in that..." Kor said, hoping he came across as conspiratorial. He bet secrets was something these nobles would be interested in, and hoped Bronzeshield hadn't already told about needing trackers for Reena's troops.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Persuasion roll, I suppose? (d20+1)[18]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Astra, Kyu, Violet
    Show
    Regarding the mending & prestidigitation, "oh I get it, just a bit of maintenance. I could see how that'd be a good place to start though. How long do you think you'd need for something like that?"

If and when Violet opens the door, it buzzes, just like before. It can't be snuck past unless you can get outside without opening the door.

Show
    Yeah, Kor bets right. As soon as he says "secret mission," he immediately has their undivided attention. Lord Rupert is the first to catch himself and regain some composure: he tries to act nonchalant as he says "well, you know, I happen to have some experience with secret missions. There's no one better than me when it comes to special operations! So it would certainly be a wise decision to share whatever it is you've heard with us..." You get the sense he's exaggerating his skills a bit, but he certainly wants to hear whatever you have to say.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh... it would probably only take five minutes," Astra says with a smile. "I could do that now and then, see you tomorrow? Hopefully..."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Show
    Yeah, Kor bets right. As soon as he says "secret mission," he immediately has their undivided attention. Lord Rupert is the first to catch himself and regain some composure: he tries to act nonchalant as he says "well, you know, I happen to have some experience with secret missions. There's no one better than me when it comes to special operations! So it would certainly be a wise decision to share whatever it is you've heard with us..." You get the sense he's exaggerating his skills a bit, but he certainly wants to hear whatever you have to say.
    "Well I dunno..." Kor says, trying to make it seem like he was suddenly hesitant about talking anymore. "I mean, I think Bronzeshield is still in the middle of organizing the normal operations... And that you guys were the only ones qualified enough for that eastern section, but I guess I need to take cafe of that first before I can talk about that other mission. Maybe I'll go talk around a bit more..."

27. - Top - End - #57

GreenSorcererElf

As she tries ever so carefully to open the door just enough to slip through, Violet winces as the door buzzes at her, even when she was trying to not disturb it. "Sorry!" With that, she quickly slips through, and closes the door, so it could stop buzzing.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Clothes shops
    Show
    The gnome agrees to let you work on his shop. "Okay, see you tomorrow then."

In the street, things are much as you left them. It's not busy, probably because a lot of people are elsewhere, getting ready for the hunt.

Spoiler: Camp Foxcomet
    Show
    Lord Foxcomet is savvy enough to recognise that you're trying to break off the conversation, but Lady Foxcomet is clearly not happy with the idea that you might offer the 'secret mission' to someone else. She zips up to you, uncomfortably close. "And what would you want to do that for? The Maplehall sisters may come from a good family, but they're far too soft to be in charge of anything important. Look at the way they've arranged their tents!" She waves towards a cluster of deep green tents a short ways away. "No discipline! I've told them a thousand times to get proper drill sergeants, but will they listen? No! And the less said about Lord Bumblegrove, the better. I swear that faerie is a few flowers short of a bouquet..."

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

29. - Top - End - #59

GreenSorcererElf

Outside, Violet looks around, hoping to see some hint of the children, or at least something interesting, while she waited for Astra and Kyu to come too.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kor tenses as the faerie comes very close, but doesn't flee or bite her, which just shows what a good diplomat the dragon's become.

"Umm, yes, but what're you gonna do? I mean, if you wanna take that eastern front, maybe I'll have time to talk..." Kor hoped that wasn't too on the nose, but then again Lady Foxcomet seemed really agitated.