New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: A Faerie Affair - IC IV: Dragon with Butterfly Wings

Spoiler: Violet
    Show

Violet's cheerful smile continues to light up the room, and her violet eyes drift from child to child as she waits for them to calm down, so she can understand them. However, as Jack speaks, she looks a little sad. "It was? What was it like? And speeches? I'm... I'm not sure if I'm the right person? I... we played eye spy, and riddled, but... I don't know if I'm really the right person? I'd be happy to, but maybe not first?" Discussing giving a speech, she looks somewhat nervous, unsure of herself, and her speechmaking abilities.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Astra & Violet
    Show
    As Astra leaves, the guild faeries tell you to meet them at the main war camp. They'll have a grey-and-black tent someone on the outskirts.

At the Palace, Lucinda says to Violet: "well, it's not like we're forcing you, but I actually think that (against all odds) Jack's had a bright idea there. The King will be at the reincarnation, so drawing some attention to yourself might be a good way to win some favour..."

"If not," offers Misty, "you could help out with the flower arranging. I know you're good at that sort of thing."

"Or we could do the kids' hair!" Chirps Kyu.

While you discuss, Astra arrives! Petey fills her in on what's been happening up to now, explaining that there's still an hour or so until the ceremony begins.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

3. - Top - End - #123

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: Violet and Astra!(And Kyu)
    Show

Listening to Lucinda, Violet frowns, clearly thinking. "Um... would it be before Jurgen is made better, or after? Or both?" As she speaks, her frown slowly seems to turn into a smile as ideas start rattling around in her head. "Maybe both? One thanking the king for being really nice, and maybe condemning the meanies, and then one saying hi to Jurgen, and some other things? And I would love to help with the flower arranging! With the right flowers, everything'll be much nicer! Maybe flowers in everyone's hair? They'd look really nice!"

Just as she finished, Astra flies in, prompting an immediate smile and wave from Violet, along with a cheery "Hi Astra!"
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2020-03-09 at 05:37 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kor couldn't call himself much of a summoner, or anything like that, but he was still pretty sure that was the ritual he'd just interrupted.

"Look, even if you were right, I don't think using demonic powers would be the right thing to do here... I guess using demon powers sounds kinda cool, but something devious could slip through when you're tapping to that plane, and I think we have our claws full with these drow already... So not really worth it."

"I'm also pretty sure that if you try something like this again, you'll just be left out of the hunt. But to compensate for your losses..." Kor grinned, taking on a more cheerful tone. "I'll be joining you guys for the hunt. You saw what I can do, so I hope it'll help a bit, right?" Of course it'd be good to keep an eye on Bumblegrove, in case he'd other crazy plans in mind.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Astra beams and waves energetically. "Oh, hello everyone! I'm not late am I?"

"Ah.." she says with a bit of disappointment. It sounded like this ceremony was about to happen now!

"So you wanted us to make a speech? ..I suppose I could do that. You mean a speech about your captivity and wild adventure? Or.. being happy to have Jurgen back?"

Astra was trying to be accommodating but she was still no mind reader. "Um, Is this supposed to happen before or after it happens?"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Palace
    Show
    "Before," confirms Lucinda. "And I guess the idea is to speak about Jurgen. Honour him as he was..."

"Yeah. I know you folks didn't know him for very long, but he was a pretty cool guy." Jack says. "I'll be speaking too, so don't worry if you can't think of anything. I'm sure he'll be happy just seeing that you're here."

Spoiler: Bumblegrove's Camp
    Show
    "Hmm yes, I suppose you have a point there. All's well that ends well though. Got to take a few risks in life, eh old chap! It'll be a pleasure having you join us though: I just had a brilliant idea. Come, look at this..." He and a few others work together to drag a chest out from the smouldering remains of the tent. Bumblegrove then opens it up to reveal an ornate blunderbuss (human-sized), some lead shot and several canisters of smokepowder. "I snagged this off a human who was hunting near the enclave last year. Told her she'd 'incur the wrath of the forest' if she didn't make an offering. Hah! So anyway, what I was thinking is, you could do your bear thing, we strap this to your back, and then a couple of my boys hitch a ride so they can fire it. You'd be unstoppable!"

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

7. - Top - End - #127

GreenSorcererElf

Show

After a few moments of thought, Violet nods. "Ok! I can do that!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Astra smiles, perhaps a bit sadly. "Of course! I can do that. I guess I didn't really know him all that well, but I could definitely talk about how brave he was... What other things did you all like about him?"

Turning to Jack, she asks, "Or was that going to be what your speech was?"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Bumblegroves' camp
    Show
    Kor is glad Bumblegrove seems to give up on the demon scheme quickly, though he does hope he won't just change his mind back.

Kor's eyes light up when he hears the fey lord's idea. Technically using a weapon like that wasn't very fitting for a druid, but technically Kor would just be carrying it and some other fey who'd be riding on his back. And besides, the members of his circle were very far away. Much better than using demon powers in any case.

"Ooh, that's a good line, should use it sometime... Except my Common's pretty rusty. But I really like this idea! I bet those Drow will be really surprised!" Kor leans towards the gun and sniffs it. There was a scent of sulfur lingering around the thing, and it made Kor think of explosions and fire. He'd never seen a thing like this before, but it did seem powerful. "Maybe some archers could ride too..." Kor mutters as he stares at the gun, imaging himself as a bear with the weapon shooting blasts of fire at his enemies.
    Last edited by Majin; 2020-03-15 at 03:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "You've got to respect his bravery," Jack begins, "the way he took on that drow."

"A real team player," says Mitch.

And Misty adds: "I always liked his hair... so shiny and tousled."

Spoiler: Camp
    Show
    "Sure, as many as you can carry."

Meanwhile, Bumblegrove's hunters have mostly recovered from the recent chaos. They're milling around trying to restore some order to the camp, but it looks like they want for some leadership. "Well, master Kor, I think we're all set here. If you'll excuse me, I need to see to my troops."

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

11. - Top - End - #131

GreenSorcererElf

Show

Not missing a beat, Violet chimes in as well. "And he loved playing the Lute, and loved music!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Yeah, that boy could play," says Jack. "Hey that reminds me: you all should sign his old lute!" He produces a black velvet box containing a battered, child-size lute, which has been scrawled on by all the other children. Raven offers you a box of wax crayons.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

13. - Top - End - #133

GreenSorcererElf

Show

When Jack holds out the black velvet box and the lute, Violet looks it over, with a smile. It's been used, but taken care of. A little out of tune, but it's stored, so that's ok. Maybe a little battered, but a bit of care will fix that. "It's a good lute, and clearly loved, and I'd be happy to!"
    Without further ado, Violet carefully lifts crayons out of Raven's proffered box until she finds a stubby violet crayon. With her prize in hand, she flits back over to the Lute, carefully examining it for a good spot, where the crayon wasn't going to be rubbed off if the lute was played, before signing it, the flowing characters of her name circled around a smiling face, with a stem sticking out, a couple of triangular, but rounded leaves helpfully making it clear that it was a flower(Violet leaves, even.)
    With that done, she zooms back to Raven, and returns the crayon. "Thank you! I'm sure he'll be glad to see it!"
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2020-03-17 at 06:14 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Sure, I'll see you later!" Kor was pretty happy with how things had gone. He'd prevented a demon incursion, and managed to do politics with a bunch of fey nobility.

Kor figures he might now go to the sisters they won't have to worry about Bumblegrove's mad plan anymore, and then to Bronzeshield to report that the nobles were now going to play nice, and that she'd some scouts to use. Then Kor thinks it might be a good time to see what the rest of the gang was up to.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Hey, great idea!" Astra exclaims. She picks out a vivid red crayon, grasping it awkwardly with two hands, and barely manages to scrawl her name on the back of the lute, circling it.

As the other children rush in to find a spot to sign on the lute, she says, "Can't wait to start the ceremony! Ready when you are."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Kor
    Show
    The Maplehall sisters are (unsurprisingly) pleased that you managed to stop a demon incursion. They agree to follow Bronzeshield's strategy, with you supervising Lord Bumblegrove.

Likewise, the general is very happy. "Ah, I'm so glad I trusted you, young one. If only these damned nobles could learn from your example..." You gain 1,000XP for your successful politicking!

"We had a messenger come for you a little while ago. Apparently your friends are at the Palace, with the human children, and they'd like to see you."

At the Palace, the rest of the preparations keep you busy enough until Korialstrasz arrives, looking like he's had... a day.

Cloverfield calls you through to a special room underneath the children's wing, called the 'Forever Chamber'. It's dark, lit only by fireflies and shimmerlings, with a bare soil floor and walls made of tangled roots. There's a sculpted stone in the middle of the chamber, where King Soren, the wizard Goldfeather and another feaerie you've not seen before stand over Jurgen's body, which is laid on a bed of flowers.

The children file in and sit in a circle; you should probably join them.

The King smiles and says "thank you all for coming, my beloved children, and of course my brave ambassadors as well. As you know, we are here to celebrate the life of this boy, Jurgen Blumenthal, and see him reborn that he might live and laugh and sing again." With a slightly reluctant intake of breath, he says to Goldfeather: "send my thanks to the Queen as well, for so graciously releasing them."

"Now, would anyone like to say a few words?"

Jack gets up and says his piece: "you know, in all the years I've lived here, I don't think I met anyone who didn't like Jurgen. He just had that easygoing style that you couldn't help but love, and he was always there when you needed him. Remember that time we put on a play for Highharvestide? No one wanted to sit backstage and do all the boring work, but Jurgen stepped up and let the rest of us stand on stage. It's only been a couple of days without him, but it's like the heart's been ripped out of our little gang. We'll be so glad to have him back."

Over to you, if you want to jump in...?
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2020-03-21 at 10:30 AM.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

17. - Top - End - #137

GreenSorcererElf

Helping with the preparations(A wonderful set of White heather and Palm leaves for the flower bed, ringed by a collection of more colorful flowers) and doing her best to keep the children happy and excited while they got ready help Violet conceal her own worries, that her speech would be horrible, that Jurgen would hate his gift, that the other children might not like their flowers... It's almost a surprise when Kor arrives, but before she can ask what happened(But after she sings him a quick song, to help him clean up, and be presentable), Cloverfield's call comes, and, time runs out.

Violet's somewhat nervous smile continues to be strained as she sees the flowers she'd so carefully arranged, the king, and some other faeries, and Jurgen, just... lying there. But before she can dwell on it, she takes a spot between Raven and Lucinda, just as the speeches begin. She listens, still smiling, as the king speaks, and then Jack speaks, even as her own nervousness grows, and grows, because then... then it's her turn.

Not wanting to be outdone, she flies up, with a smile, and takes a deep breath, before she starts to speak.
    "I... I'd only just met Jurgen, before I lost him, but his love of music, and his kindness... it was wonderful to see. His love for all of you" At this point, she looks around the circle, meeting the eyes of each of the children, and offering a small, comforting smile. "Was undeniable, as was your love for him. When he died... he could have fled, you know? But he chose to stay, to help, to do his best to make the world a nicer place, to protect his friends, his family. And it cost him his life, and it wasn't fair at all. But death doesn't have to be the end. And for every ending, there can be a new beginning. And this... this is Jurgen's." At that, with tears in her eyes, Violet's fingers start flitting across her cittern, the music, starting out slow, and ominous, before she starts to sing, her voice almost dull, sad, and hopeless.
    "In our most painful moments, lost in the cloak of despair, saddened, hurt, grieving, hopeless..."
    Her voice trails off, becoming almost quiet, difficult to hear.
    "No future in sight, with no one caring, no purpose remaining..."
    As she continues, her voice starts raising, the shadows and sadness slowly fading from it, even as the music starts to gain hope, and build in speed.
    "A cycle of despair, a constant, crushing force, but then..."
    At this point, her voice clears, and rather than being full of sadness, it conveys hope. The music dances, flickering, no longer ominous, but excited, looking to the future.
    "What is lost is found again, and so our friends can help. What was lost is found again, the future, bright once more. What was lost is found again, bringing hope to all. What with lost is found again, and with it, life goes on."
    At that, her voice holds on on for a few moments, as her fingers stop their dancing, and her song comes to an end, and she looks to the king, with a smile. "Thank you. Without you... this would be a time of sadness, not of joy, and that? That's what makes things better."
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2020-03-21 at 10:31 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Astra was glad to see Kor again, though a bit concerned about his apparent state. As the ceremony begins and Jack speaks, she nods to the boy, and then Violet greatly impresses her. It was far more poetic than she could have imagined.

With it being her turn, she flits a bit forward, looking to everyone a bit awkwardly at first before beginning:

"Jurgen was a very special boy. Like Violet, I didn't know him for too long. Just a day longer. You all are very fortunate to have been his friend..."

"As every one of you can attest, he was very brave. Even you all were too. I remember Tadd stealing things from that one Drow, Jack and him were nearly killed too! Every one of you were brave, and I am sure, would have likely traded places with Jurgen if given the choice. That is why we are here now..."

"Um. Not to die and take his place or anything. But to be here to show him how much he is admired and loved."

That was probably about all Astra thought she could muster without personally knowing the boy well. She nodded to the other children, who undoubtedly had more personal things they would wish to share.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Hi guys", Kor whispered to Astra and Violet. "I stopped a demon invasion!"

Kor watched the proceedings, but stayed back, letting others speak. For one, he wasn't really presentable, his nice shiny scales dirty from the rumble with the tent. Violet's spell did help, but some feeling of dirtiness still lingered, maybe related to the nasty demon energy. Maybe a cold bath would help... Also he wasn't sure what to say, especially since he still had mixed feelings about the resurrection. The druids he knew at least wouldn't have wanted to be raised. But objecting to it seemed harsh, especially after he listened to the other kids speak.
    Last edited by Majin; 2020-03-22 at 03:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Soren thanks Violet and Astra for their contributions. Some of the other children speak, some don't, and then soon enough it's time for the magic to happen.

The strange faerie standing to the King's right steps forward and holds up a hand to quiet any whispering. He's dressed in long robes, many layered but drab in colour, and his hair is a mess of dreadlocks, dirt and leaves. An archetypal druid, you would assume, and presumably the person who will be bringing Jurgen back to life.

He draws a long, deep breath, then sighs. "Good afternoon, everyone. For those who don't know me -" he looks at the four outsiders - "I am the children's caretaker, teacher and guardian. They call me Master Lionstar, or just Sir."

He floats over to Jurgen and unties one of several potion bottles tied to his gnarled staff. "Now, it is no small thing to pervert the cycle of life in this way, but, given the exceptional circumstances of Jurgen's killing, I have agreed to an exception. Do not be expecting the same if anyone else goes and gets themselves stabbed by marauding elves!" Lionstar quaffs the potion and twitches at its bitterness. He then proceeds to inscribe a circle of sigils in the mud with the tip of his staff before pouring another bottle of oil onto Jurgen. There's a lot of chanting and at one point he gets Lucinda to help with daubing symbols onto the body. The whole process takes a good hour and it's pretty messy to be honest. By the end of it, Lionstar is half naked, the chamber reeks of musk and Goldfeather is beginning to fall asleep.

But! With a thunderous crack, the spell is completed! In the middle of the circle, a new body forms, at first clay-like and indistinct, but then gradually gaining features: a little chubby, homely in the face, curly ginger hair... a halfling body, you realise. To begin with it's the same height as the other children, but then just as it finishes forming, a zing of magical energy snaps through the air and the new body suddenly shrinks down into that of a halfling child.

Jurgen opens his brand new eyes, stumbles slightly, and croaks: "huh? What? Am I.. back? Hey, why am I so short?"

And then, "and where are my clothes?!"

Lionstar hands him a dressing gown, then puts a hand on Jurgen's shoulder and says "welcome back home. Thanks to the pleas of your friends and these... adventurers, you have been reborn. How do you feel?"

"...Different."

"Well, in many ways you are different. In fact, it is customary on occasions such as this for a person to choose a new name."

The boy who was Jurgen ponders this, then asks the room: "any ideas? What's a cool name these days?"

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

21. - Top - End - #141

GreenSorcererElf

Violet patiently(Well, ok, she's fidgeting a fair bit by the end) listens to the many speeches, but then things started to happen! The strange faerie, Master Lionstar introduces himself, and as he does, Violet waves cheerfully, before stilling, remembering where she was, and what was happening. She leans forward, her eyes going wide as Master Lionstar approaches Jurgen, and drinks a potion, and then makes a circle around the body, Oh, why couldn't we have done that before! This is taking forever!, before chanting, drawing symbols... for want of something to do, Violet's fingers start dancing on her cittern once more, setting up for some low, slow mood music while Lionstar does his thing.

She's sort of swaying, eyes closed, still playing the music when the crack sounds, she starts, and looks up, just in time to see Jurgen... shrink, and stand up. She sits there, stunned for a few moments, while Master Lionstar gives him some robes, and talks... about a new name? Clearly excited by the prospect of naming Not Jurgen, Violet starts quickly spouting off names. "You could be Briar, or Dogwood, or maybe Kudzu? Or Fern? Or maybe Arrowwood? Boxwood? Or... Juniper? That's a good name!"
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2020-03-23 at 06:52 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Astra tells the druidic Faerie, "Ah, thank you, Mr. Lionstar. These children, they never should have been put in such terrible danger in the first place. I'm glad you decided to give Jurgen another chance..."

Astra probably isn't able to help with the ritual but she does say, after it is all concluded, "Ugh, for the last time, we're ambassadors! Um. Except Violet, I guess..."

Turning to Jurgen.. or Not Jurgen, she says, "I'm glad you're back! Umm.. well, considering the circumstances, you could call yourself Lucky! Or Shorty. Well you'd probably get tired of hearing that. Hm, you were very brave.. the way you died, would braveheart be ... maybe a little much??"

The other kids begin shouting their suggestions and drown each other out. When it quiets down again she says, "It's really up to you! You could even keep your old name, I guess. But... it's what you'll be called by everyone from now on."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kor did perk up once he figured the fey leading the ceremony was a druid. Kor had never witnessed reincarnation himself, and watched the whole ritual in fascinated silence. Even if this spell was more balanced than what some of the clerics could do, it still felt just weird. Kor himself would never want to be resurrected, he wouldn't want to risk not being a dragon for the rest of his life.

"Well I don't mind being called an adventurer! Maybe they could call us... adbassadors?"

Kor flies closer to the human child formerly known as Jurgen. "A halfling name? How about... Uhh.. D-Dar... No, never mind, I think Juniper sounds pretty cool, but it's up to you kid. At least you're a more compact size now! Humans just get so tall I'd think it's unwieldy. Oh, and they probably threw your clothes away, I think they were pretty bloody after you were killed. But everyone pays too much attention to those things anyway."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

He picks up on something Kor says: "right, halfling names... Dar... Da... I knew a halfling called Dalfred once. Nah, that's boring. Deder? Darroch? Hmm. On the other hand, Juniper is very good. I like how it keeps the same first initial. 'Juniper Braveheart' works pretty well I think. Let's go with that."

"Very well," says Lionstar, "I hereby name you Juniper Braveheart and bestow upon you this gift." It's a wand made out of a sprig of oak, with the leaves and acorns still attached.

"Thank you, master. Does this mean you're going to start teaching us magic now?"

"If you are capable of learning it, yes, I think I shall have to. Perhaps it will help you defend yourselves in the future."

While they're talking to each other, Jack motions you over. "Do you guys want to give him the lute? Now's the time."
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2020-03-27 at 05:59 PM.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Astra flies over, nodding her head enthusiastically and beaming. She quietly says, "Yes! Now's a good time! ...I just hope it isn't too big for him."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Darn, if only there was a spell that could make objects smaller...

26. - Top - End - #146

GreenSorcererElf

Violet's cheerful smile grows far broader as Juniper picks his new name, as she practically vibrates with excitement. Sadly, she doesn't hear Jack's quiet words, as she darts over to Juniper, and hugs him. "You're ok!"
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Well, it all worked out pretty well in the end, huh?" Kor says as he flutters around the newly-made halfling. "I can help you practice. And if you meet other novices, don't eat everything they hand out even if they say it's a part of the training. I did and I guess it was a fun afternoon, but afterwards I was really sick!"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Juniper puts a hand on Violet's head to 'hug' her back, saying "yeah, I guess I am okay. It'd be great if you could visit sometimes - maybe master Kor could teach us how to summon dinosaurs!"

Naturally, he's thrilled to be presented with his lute, now signed with messages of well-wishing. But Astra is right: it is too big for him to comfortably play now. His halfling fingers can't quite span the neck and he makes an exaggerated frown at being unable to produce a chord. "Aw, this is no good at all..."

Meanwhile, Lionstar averts his gaze when Kor mentions the dangerous edibles. He certainly seems like the kind of faerie who would do something like that...

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

"Aww, I'm sorry, Jur- ..er, Juniper... I guess you'll need to get a new one that better fits you, and keep it as a memento. But for now..."

Astra flits forward and touches the lute, sprinkling it with her pixie dust. After incanting a spell, it begins to shrink.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Astra will cast Shrink Object on the lute, but she only really wants to use a fraction of its power. The goal is to shrink its size just until Juniper can use it, but not so much that it becomes a prop for a doll. I hope that's ok!

30. - Top - End - #150

GreenSorcererElf

Violet's cheery smile meets Juniper's as he returns her hug, but she moves out of the way once the lute is to be presented, with a smile. One that quickly falls into a frown as she realizes he can't quite play it. Then, she has an idea.
    "Maybe I can help? Do you think you can get a feel for my cittern? You sort of have to focus on it a bit, and if you don't treat it properly, it can give you a really bad headache, but once you do, it won't?"
    As she speaks, she pulls out her Mac-Fuirmidh cittern, and offers it to him.

Spoiler: Note
    Show

The cittern is magical, so it should resize, but it requires attunement by a bard, and playing it when not attuned requires a DC 15 wisdom save, or take 2d4 damage. Needless to say, Violet isn't going to let him play before it is attuned.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss