Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 267
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    "huh? A cat chef? Well at least you are a craftsman. Much better company then the rest of them to be sure. Names Bob, pleasure to make your acquaintance."

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    They said the last member of this group was a "pair of cats." Somehow, I did not expect them to be so... literal. Regardless, we are to be allies in this endeavor, so you have my full support.

    Nabaru again lifts a clawed hand, giving his protective aura to the rest of Team Heroes as well.

    Now then, I suppose we should begin our descent, unless anyone has any remaining business on the surface.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    "Yep! One of the best chefs in all of the cat kingdom. Got my trusty non-stick frying pan and spacula to brave the evils down there. Hopefully some good eating.."

    "Meow"

    "Murrlin told me, if you get lost, seek the dungeon."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Esprit15's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    ”Nope, seems everyone is patching onto their own groups.” The woman give another look to her party. This would be interesting...
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

    Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show


    By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Serafino squints in the sunlight as he watches the others bandy their words about. This dungeon raid was going to play hell on his clothes. He sets aside the bother of his own silks, and does his best to dismiss the bickering.

    His fellow runners aren't the powerbrokers in this world. Perhaps they will be someday, and he'll be watching them, but other powers have been established here already, well beyond his own capabilities. They're the ones that he will need to watch for.

    King Talthan in particular gets a few extra words. They are running a dangerous game, but as a kingdom with fewer resources than others, it seems to be a necessary one, and one they're doing well at so far. Seraphino might not mind working with such a kingdom for his own purposes.

    And then the tiny Death Fairy and the nation he represents - he certainly gets a few more words than most of the others. Now that is the sort of country that Seraphino is familiar with - trade, money, treaties, alliances, and a stable nation state. Certainly still more primitive than the corporate states of his own time, but they will be an excellent base of operations for him to work on.

    With an eternity to plan ahead on, Seraphino wants a good place to begin. But before he works them over, he needs to survive and thrive with his fellow dungeon divers.

    "Anyone need a last bit of prep? If not, I'm ready to dive right in."

    He flips an expensive-looking dagger around. "I'm ready to shove this where the sun don't shine, and the sun ain't shining down there."

    Anything to get out of the sunlight. It's not a deadly danger for him, but it's still uncomfortable and irritating.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Towards the back stands small creature, halfling sized, and beardless, but built more like a minature muscular dwarf. Judging from the cheap clothes, lack of weapons or armour, and the backpack larger than he is, he may be a henchman or hireling of some kind.

    He finishes adjusting his straps and looks around, craning his neck to see around all the larger adventurers.

    Ah.. Left. So is that our left or...

    He start trying edge his way through the crowd, which unfortunately doesn't work, party because his freight makes him larger when presented side on, and partly because he seems reluctant to just push through. Eventually he tries asking people at random

    Hi, sorry, can't actually see through the crowd, is left *this* way? Does anyone know?
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-10-05 at 08:50 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Livia shakes her head at Tara's comment. "No, I didn't die. I was taking a nap in the break room and woke up here. I mean, maybe there was a carbon monoxide leak, but they just checked the detectors last month. And I work in a hospital, surely someone would have found me before things got lethal...

    Well, it was nice to meet you, I'm Livia by the way. Good luck on your spelunking or dungeoneering or whatever, and hopefully we can chat later, once we're out of this dungeon.
    "

    As Team Hero begins to get situated, she turns to Cecie. "I can be ready for dungeon delving whenever, so don't let me keep you from doing your thing if everyone else on our team is ready for this. Whatever this is."



    A look of puzzlement briefly crosses her face. Did — did that man just... threaten to stab a dungeon?

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    "I have never been to Congo. I was born in Texas. I believe that is why I am so big. What is a Bongo?" the gorilla replies to Malog.

    Marambe gives Seraphino a welcoming nod, followed by a mechanical shudder at the mention of diving. "There's no.. water in there. Is there?" Nervously eyeing the dark hole.

    Extending an open palm to Tsu-Tse Qu as an offer to put the little not-quite-halfling on his shoulder and raise him above the crowd, Marambe says, "Hello friend. I am supposed to go left as well. But I am not sure which path that is. I cannot see through the dark."

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    ”Yeah. Isn’t that what happened to you? Died back home, got yoinked here rather than passing onto whatever afterlife you were destined for?”

    "N...no, not exactly. I was yoinked, maybe even yitten, over here, but I was very much still alive. And I'm not sure about the "Whatever afterlife you were destined for" thing either." I resolved not to get any further into such a contentious subject, mind. "I was initially half-tempted to believe that this was all a drunken dream, but I haven't had a drop since the Seder. But whatever, I was here for a while and then some goons told me I was a hero and to get myself over here, so... I did that."

    "Now then, I suppose we should begin our descent, unless anyone has any remaining business on the surface."

    "Don't look at me, I've been good to go since I got here. Shall we?"

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Serafino is glad to see his own group congregating and preparing to go. He shakes the hand of the large, mechanical gorilla.

    "Marambe? Good to meet you. I'll be glad to take the front and scout. In my world, water was the bane of chrome, too. A group of runners tried to hit my ship's hoop, and frag me if their booster didn't buy it trying to drink the ocean. Sank right to the bottom when he slipped off the side."

    He looks at Malog - heavily armored.

    He checks the small dwarf-like being - piled high with gear.

    "In fact, water might be the bane of all of you. Let's hope there's no flooded passages."

    'And having teammates drowning would be a bad look for me,' Serafino thinks.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Tzu-Tse hesitates for only a moment, a little apprehensive at the metal behemoth before him, before giving a shrug. He springs lightly onto Marambe's palm, and then again onto his back, before strolling up to one shoulder. The sensation is a little strange, Tzu-Tse' weight being negligible compared to the that of his backpack.

    He remains on the shoulder, still standing, shifting slightly to Marambe's movements. It feels like he's stood on a shoulder before. Hm. Actually, this is a lot better. Thanks.

    He looks around, then points.

    Ha. This way, I think? Where those torches are? You know, we might be able take one of those with us, if you can't see in the dark. They don't look like they're bolted down or anything...

    A shrug.

    ...and I'm not sure it would matter if they were. I brought a lamp, but they're so fragile.

    Tzu-Tse starts to lean one elbow on Marambe's head, and then stops, instead prodding it with a slight 'bonging' sound.

    You know, this is good construction. Not bad at all. You do this?

    He turns back to surveying the scene.

    Any preference for overseer? And is there anyone else on the team? It can't just be us, surely?
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-10-06 at 07:31 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ruins of Toronto
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Malog as he looks at the robotic gorilla, now with a dwarf in its shoulder even as he wonders.... "Congo big jungle and bongo is a type of drum." He would seem confused, as his eyes would be on the dwarf. "Why there Lannister on your shoulder? He like parrot?" Yet he would continue after just a moment or two, as he would point at some of the possible overseers.

    "Smart one (Socrates), Uchia (Nightpain), Pretty one (Ilmadia)."
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Tzu-Tse greets Seraphino and Malog with raised eyebrows at the contrast between them, but little more.

    You two have any ideas on overseer, or should we just see who we get?

    He waves an arm back over at the delegates.

    Thematically, I like the look of Death Fairy... says the tiny dwarf perched on the shoulder of the gigantic metal beast. They suit us. And would probably appreciate what we can do more than, say, a mage or priest. But politically we may be better off with that king you two were talking to. Exploit rather than just contain is probably where we want to be if we're going to get rich. I like idea of the elves, particularly just choosing our own targets, but I don't think the leadership will know what to make of us.

    He looks over the others hopefully.

    Or we could just take pot luck.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    "Well I've got one thing here.." Ted says moving closer to the congergation of rulers of the world. "Ladies and gentlemen and whatever other honorifics you might be refereed as, I am Ted. A humble but great chef from The Cat Kingdom, and I beseech you today for the possibility of starting a buiness in the world as well, after running through the trial of course."
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Vhaak, wearing the illusory form of his old body, with a few minor cosmetic improvements, shinier scales, pointier claws and the like, approaches the gathering "Hello my comrades, firstly I shall clear up a small misunderstanding, I am an arctic kobold not a Foil, still I'm sure such misunderstanding are common in this place, so I shall not hold it against you. You may call me Vhaak and, as my attire no doubt gives away, a sorcerer. If you're Livia, congratulations on the species upgrade by the way, then would you, my draconic friend, be Cecie or Sundrop?" he says, with a nod to Livia and Cecie at the appropriate times and a particular smile at the word draconic.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    "You scout, I smash." The giant ape nods happily at Seraphino, but looks deeply confused when the vampire goes on to mention 'runners' and 'boosters'. "Yes, flooded passages would be bad. I sink."

    "I have never drummed." Marambe answers Malog. "And I don't think he is a parrot. He does not have any feathers."

    Marambe gives Tsu-Tse a second look, just to make sure no feathers were missed, but otherwise doesn't react much to the dwarf climbing about, happy that his new friend can now see. "That is a good idea. We should take some torches."

    At the boing to the head, he replies "No, I did not make myself. I used to have fur. But then I got a headache. And then a voice lady made me Mecha-Rambe. Or Marambe for short." He does a half-shrug, careful not to throw the dwarf off.

    "If I had to choose, I do like Titan (the brute with Death Fairy). He looks strong. Or the King." the gorilla pauses a moment and then adds "But I am not so good at picking humans. It might be better if one of you decides."
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-10-06 at 11:51 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Serafino sighs. A new world and language to get used to. He'd just gotten used to the 21st century Earth lingo.

    "I cannot say that I have been especially drawn to any of them, though the country represented by Death Fairy and his massive companion seems to be a stable, strong, and growing country. I've found those to be valuable aspects for a healthy society.

    "Eashen and Ilmadia seem likely locations for progressive efforts. A country on the edge of survival seems to be a place rife with possibility."

    With a quick glance over the various judges, Serafino shrugs.

    "None of the individuals truly inspire me. I've had poor relationships with established religious groups in my previous world. That is perhaps coloring my impression of some of them here, but I would still prefer to avoid the various religiously oriented individuals."
    Last edited by Anomander; 2019-10-06 at 01:32 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Sundrop Snapdragon
    The petal looks a bit indignant, or as indignant as a three inch ball of light with wings can look. There is at least a tremble.
    "Hey, listen, lady! I'm not a brute! I'm elegant and refined! Hrmph."
    The ball zips around the group in the blink of an eye, taking them all in.
    "Also, what's coffee?"
    Sundrop zips away almost too fast to see. It seems she's trying to be part of every conversation at once.
    "Hello cat. You're also a chef? That's amazing!"
    "I didn't see any carbon monoxide. Just some guy in a green tunic breaking pots to catch faeries. Also, I don't think I'm dead."
    She flies back to her own group.
    "I'm Sundrop. Nice to meet you, big fellow. Are you a dragon?"
    "Après la vie - le mort, après le mort, la vie de noveau.
    Après le monde - le gris; après le gris - le monde de nouveau.
    "

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    "Hello Sundrop, that's certainly an interesting name, no true dragons here, though Cecie clearly has some dragon blood and I, like all kobolds, am descended from them, albeit not so closely. Why would someone break perfectly good pottery in search of the fey. Oh and we're all definitely alive here, no dead people at all"

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Livia tries to follow Sundrop with her eyes, but quickly stops, as the effort starts giving her a headache. Once the tiny fey returns to their group, Livia gives it a smile. "It is lovely to meet you Sundrop. In case you didn't catch it earlier, my name is Livia, and I'm our team Band-Aid. I'll keep you all hale and hearty so you all can keep on doing your thing. I can also create a sort of simple psychic link between all of us that will help me monitor your vitals, and I can provide some measure of advance protection as well, which is good. 'To prevent is preferable to curing' and all that."

    At Vhaak's comment Livia's eyes narrow. "Is this one of those things where you're claiming you somehow accidentally dropped an active drill on your arm or something when you obviously have a GSW?"

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Cecie waves a hand dismissively. "Yeah, great-great-great-granny Ava boinked a prismatic dragon something like a thousand years ago, got married, had a couple kids, took his hoard in the divorce, blew it all on a backdoor draw in Veygus. Now pretty much the entire family's scaly in one way or another. And yeah, I'm Cecie." At this, she studies Vhaak for a moment, then shrugs.

    "This is turning into a crazy party. Two mages, a healer, and a frontliner? Well, can't be any crazier than a party of four healers, and a group like that thwarted some of the first threats to our realm, so the story goes." She shakes her head, casting a longing look towards the dungeon entrance again, her fingers itching to do their waggling so she can rain status effects and damage on enemies. And here, her new companions might notice that Cecie is never really still; she bounces on the balls of her feet, or shifts continuously in small, sinuous movements, or her hands are playing with her hair, something to keep the hyperactive energy bottled up inside of her diverted from potentially making her explode if she were ever fully at rest. Her eyes go back to Sundrop after a moment, and then go distant - fond memories.

    "Coffee is... this wonderful thing. Beans that grow on trees that are harvested, roasted, ground, and then percolated with superhot water, forcing out a lovely dark brown or black, depending on roasting, drink that, when done correctly, tastes like chocolate and fills you with energy and makes you ready to take on the world. And then there's espresso, which is really tightly-packed bean powder that you force lots of water through and get very little, but it's packed with sooooooooo much energy! Aagh. You're making me homesick! I've been caffeine-deprived for so long!" Her full lips form a pout, and she crosses her arms over her chest, exhaling sharply to blow strands of that gradient hair out of her face.

    To distract herself from her lamentations, she points at each of them in turn. "Livia, Sundrop, Vhaak. Livia, Sundrop, Vhaak," she mumbles to herself, committing the names to memory, along with their abilities - at least, the ones they've stated.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Tsu-Tze nods.

    Ok, so Death Fairy, and if not him then King Talthan. I'll start with the kallidascopic cabbage patch doll and his Zoid companion. Anyone want to come with me? Might be a good idea.

    He looks down at the steely warforged he is standing on.

    And if you're not coming, could you possibly pitch me over in his direction, that is, over in that direction? Might be a useful trick if we practice it...

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Tsu-Tze nods.

    Ok, so Death Fairy, and if not him then King Talthan. I'll start with the kallidascopic cabbage patch doll and his Zoid companion. Anyone want to come with me? Might be a good idea.

    He looks down at the steely warforged he is standing on.

    And if you're not coming, could you possibly pitch me over in his direction, that is, over in that direction? Might be a useful trick if we practice it...
    "I agree with your estimates on potential judges and their represented countries. I shall speak with the king and anyone is welcome to join me. I am not yet familiar with this world's political pitfalls and wouldn't mind others' expertise."

    Serafino keeps an eye on any flying dwarfs, ready to use a nudge of telekinesis to redirect any mishaps. Having a goof before even entering the dungeon would be bad, but a fancy trick might catch the right eye.

    "Your majesty," Serafino says with a bow when he reaches the king of Eashen.

    "May I introduce myself on behalf of my fellow group of dungeon delvers? I am Serafino de la Cosa, recently of a world advanced in technology and delving the depths of magic. As we await the beginning of our run, we wish to introduce ourselves to some of the esteemed beings gathered here. Your kingdom's wise approach to these dungeons has spread at least to our ears."

    Spoiler: Diplomacy Roll
    Show
    (1d20+28)[45]

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    GMT+1

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    "All right." Marambe shrugs and tosses the small dwarf towards Death Fairy and Titan.

    Spoiler: mechanics
    Show

    No idea how this would work, but I assume dwarfs can be improvised thrown weapons? So AC 5 to hit a square and max 4 range increments of 5' each, for a total of 13 needed to throw Tsu-Tze 20 feet?

    ranged attack dwarf toss - (1d20+11)[28]


    Marambe himself stays put. He figures it might look bad if all his party is talking to different overseers.
    Last edited by Tyrann; 2019-10-07 at 03:48 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Tsu-Tze arcs neatly through the air to land on his feet. At least that's the plan. The momentum makes him bounce a couple of times. before he comes to a stop....

    Spoiler: Bounce bounce
    Show
    Acrobatics(1d20+12)[21]


    ...more or less on his feet. He then move over towards Death Fairy.

    Umm... We were talking about who we should ask to be our overseer. Do you have any advice? Would you be a good choice, assuming you're willing?
    Last edited by Togo; 2019-10-07 at 05:22 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    It's obvious that Tzu-Tse is trying to make a good impression.

    It's equally obvious that he's had at least some training.

    But not enough training.

    Spoiler: Diplomacy!
    Show
    Diplomacy check (1d20+4)[6]

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    "I agree with your estimates on potential judges and their represented countries. I shall speak with the king and anyone is welcome to join me. I am not yet familiar with this world's political pitfalls and wouldn't mind others' expertise."

    Serafino keeps an eye on any flying dwarfs, ready to use a nudge of telekinesis to redirect any mishaps. Having a goof before even entering the dungeon would be bad, but a fancy trick might catch the right eye.

    "Your majesty," Serafino says with a bow when he reaches the king of Eashen.

    "May I introduce myself on behalf of my fellow group of dungeon delvers? I am Serafino de la Cosa, recently of a world advanced in technology and delving the depths of magic. As we await the beginning of our run, we wish to introduce ourselves to some of the esteemed beings gathered here. Your kingdom's wise approach to these dungeons has spread at least to our ears."

    Spoiler: Diplomacy Roll
    Show
    [roll0]
    The king smiles at Serafino's words. "The pleasure is mine, I am sure. As a native of a world of both magic and technology it may take a while to get used to the many subtle ways in which the laws of nature are broken differently here. Still, we may have the opportunity perhaps to hear about your home at some point. There are so many very different worlds out there." Talthan gestures vaguely toward the many candidates. "Even so this is an exotic crop." His smile widens. "We are pleased to see so many strong candidates, naturally. Should any of you do well today, you will be more than welcome to join our operations here. In Teya they close every dungeon they can, but... the world is not always so simple. We are always happy to welcome new blood into our old order."


    Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Tsu-Tze arcs neatly through the air to land on his feet. At least that's the plan. The momentum makes him bounce a couple of times. before he comes to a stop....

    Spoiler: Bounce bounce
    Show
    Acrobatics[roll0]


    ...more or less on his feet. He then move over towards Death Fairy.

    Umm... We were talking about who we should ask to be our overseer. Do you have any advice? Would you be a good choice, assuming you're willing?
    As Tsu-Tze lands he feels something very slightly different about the air. It's not painful, in fact... He feels a little better than usual. As he steps up to Death Fairy however there is a faint sense of discomfort. Titan is undeniably monstrously strong, and if there had been a trace of hostility in her demeanor she might have been quite intimidating. But Tsu-Tze's keen senses tell him that it is the little fey creature who is the greater threat.

    Death Fairy glitters and glimmers. His form is slightly translucent, and it seems to shift in colour from one second to the next. When he speaks, however, he sounds carefree and relaxed.
    "Whom to choose, hm?" He looks around at the other overseers. "Well personally I would love it if you asked for Nightpain." His grin widens and his eyes... sparkle... literally... The air around him glitters like undisturbed snow in the sunlight."Well that might not be very fun for you. For such a gloomy guy he doesn't shut up much when it's not him fighting. Still, if you decide to sneak past anything he won't be in your way. I myself am always happy to go dungeon diving, but I don't exactly... blend in." He throws his hair back and it glimmers like gems and precious metals. "Really we all don't mind going. Just choose whoever you like. Well, the Dragon's Jaw crowd might not like to. They're... political appointees. Everyone else is fine, though. Even the king is strong enough. Or Titan, she would be very happy to go. This seems to be a pretty trap happy one."

    While he's friendly enough, there is... just the faintest hint of a feeling Tsu-Tze can't shake that he should not be standing so close to the sparkling creature. Like something bad is building up, ever so slowly.

    "Oh. Dude. By the way. Not Socrates. Seriously. The man has no filter. He'll spend the whole test asking questions and being thoroughly unimpressed with anything you say. It might be a hidden test you have to pass to join a secret church or something. That man can smell an insecurity five miles away, and he doesn't let anyone off the hook. He's pissed off so many angels."
    Throw the dice high.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Anomander's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessGnome View Post
    The king smiles at Serafino's words. "The pleasure is mine, I am sure. As a native of a world of both magic and technology it may take a while to get used to the many subtle ways in which the laws of nature are broken differently here. Still, we may have the opportunity perhaps to hear about your home at some point. There are so many very different worlds out there." Talthan gestures vaguely toward the many candidates. "Even so this is an exotic crop." His smile widens. "We are pleased to see so many strong candidates, naturally. Should any of you do well today, you will be more than welcome to join our operations here. In Teya they close every dungeon they can, but... the world is not always so simple. We are always happy to welcome new blood into our old order."
    "'New blood into our old order'," Serafino quotes the king with raised eyebrow. "Hmmm."

    "Well, if I may ask, what sort of skills or resources are you looking for in particular among the gathered candidates? Certainly the ability to overcome the challenges of the deeps, but I imagine you might have particular areas in your kingdom which might be filled with certain sets of skills.

    "And, if I may be so bold to be blunt, what might be the attractions to your particular kingdom over others?"

    Serafino isn't worried about letting the king see he is prying for information, but he's doing his best to make it polite and seem genuinely interested. However, that crack about getting 'new blood' in might have been a hint at certain leanings.

    'I've dealt with enough unreasonable hatred back on Earth that I'd rather not have to drain half the population here before they figure out not to cross me.'

    Spoiler: Sense Motive roll
    Show
    Looking for:
    hints on how much they want candidates to join them.
    hints on how much they might be willing to offer as incentives.
    hints on whether they have pro- or anti- vampire leanings.
    (1d20+33)[44]

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    FearlessGnome's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Forests of Sweden
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    "'New blood into our old order'," Serafino quotes the king with raised eyebrow. "Hmmm."

    "Well, if I may ask, what sort of skills or resources are you looking for in particular among the gathered candidates? Certainly the ability to overcome the challenges of the deeps, but I imagine you might have particular areas in your kingdom which might be filled with certain sets of skills.

    "And, if I may be so bold to be blunt, what might be the attractions to your particular kingdom over others?"

    Serafino isn't worried about letting the king see he is prying for information, but he's doing his best to make it polite and seem genuinely interested. However, that crack about getting 'new blood' in might have been a hint at certain leanings.

    'I've dealt with enough unreasonable hatred back on Earth that I'd rather not have to drain half the population here before they figure out not to cross me.'

    Spoiler: Sense Motive roll
    Show
    Looking for:
    hints on how much they want candidates to join them.
    hints on how much they might be willing to offer as incentives.
    hints on whether they have pro- or anti- vampire leanings.
    [roll0]
    Talthan laughs charitably. "Our kingdom is not vast, but it is large enough that we are able quite happy to attract a wide variety of talents. Naturally, at the end of the day the resource that is most precious is the ability to contain the threat of a dungeon. However... in the extreme, we can always call in mercenaries for a week or two. No, I should say, what I value most is people who don't let things get to that point. If you want to impress me, show me that you have the guile to exploit a dungeon without overreaching. And loyalty, of course, although that can only be showed and earned over time."

    The king shrugs. "As to what we can offer... Haha, you must impress us before we can speak in tangibles, but shall we say... Eashen, as a result of our policies, is resource rich, if poorer in manpower. We do attract champions from elsewhere, of course, but it seems to me... For all that Teya has strong magic due to its geography, gold and curious artifacts are more plentiful here." Talthan looks over at the ruler of Teya, the elf lord Ilmadia. "Wouldn't you agree?"

    The archmage opens his arms in a soothing gesture. "I would certainly agree you have a greater number of those things." He smiles, but says no more.

    Talthan chuckles. "My old friend is half expecting us to be overrun by a triple S dungeon any day now. This has been his position for decades. Never mind that we break any dungeon that threatens to grow beyond A level."

    The smile disappears for a brief second and he meets your eyes. "If you are useful to me and I can trust you, you will have more toys and freer reign here than anywhere outside the Deadlands."

    Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    King Talthan is looking for leaders. He is quite confident in the security of his kingdom. While he does not seem content, it is hunger and not desperation that moves him.
    The last thing he said was crystal clear. If you are useful and as long as you're useful, "toys and free reign" can be interpreted as broadly as you like.
    If he knows that you are a vampire he doesn't care.
    Throw the dice high.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Default Re: Another Bloody Isekai IC: Team Heroes

    Livia chuckles a little at the mention of coffee. "I definitely drank too much coffee back home. I know how much caffeine it takes to be dangerous, and I got to that point more than once. I never really developed a taste for it though, mostly I just drank the cheap stuff for the kick."

    She gives a brief glance around at her assigned teammates, then gives an odd, non-committal shrug. "Well, may as well get my limited prep out of the way. Here we go." She closes her eyes for a moment, concentrating, then snaps them open quickly.
    Spoiler: OoC/Telepathy
    Show
    The Collective only brings in willing members so the following is only relevant to willing members of Team Too Strong.

    [So, welcome to the Collective. First off, don't blame me, I didn't name it that, apparently that's just what these mind meld things are called. Second, I can create some nifty armor for anyone before we go in, it's not restrictive at all, and it'll last quite a while. And lastly, I'm planning giving you guys a sort of buffer in the likely even we get hit by things while we're in there, if that's okay with you all.]


    She touches her chest briefly and a faint blue field shimmers around her for an instant before fading away.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    In the telepathy she's offering (non-augmented) Inertial Armor, the psionic equivalent to Mage Armor. I imagine only Sundrop is interested, but she's offering to everyone. She'll also give everyone some hefty Temp HP with Vigor, assuming no one objects.

    Additionally, she manifests a fully augmented Overchanneled Inertial Armor on herself for 7pp. Her fast healing will take care of the damage, so I'll only roll for Overchannel damage in combat.

    And finally, her Concentration modifier is high enough that she auto-passes all checks to suppress manifestation displays. She still provokes AoOs, her powers just aren't accompanied by weird smells, flashing lights, ectoplasmic disturbances, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •