New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

Powerline thinks for a moment. "Come to think of it," she says, "She did mention something about robots and not having enough bullets to take them all on. She mostly bought our weapons because they shot the ammo we had in stock, not because she needed more."

"Did she say where?" Golden asks.

"Somewhere north of the Falls," Powerline replies.

Golden's mouth presses into a fine line. "I see." She nods to the others and steps away for a moment, intending for them to follow.

====

Roxy, it seems, is still around! A crystal pony mare's eyes flick between Rime and Quoth. "That ghoul," she whispers, "Killed a pony in the middle of the station! That's what. And the sand dog helped!"

Meanwhile, Quoth gives Roxy a nod and points off down one wide hallway/narrow street of the underground city. "Down there, take a left, go to the end of the street. Bounty offices are pretty near the train for a reason."

2. - Top - End - #482
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    "She did mention something about robots and not having enough bullets to take them all on."
    "Somewhere north of the Falls,"
    "I see." She nods to the others and steps away for a moment, intending for them to follow.
    Oh. OH. Oooohhhh... Kind of funny really, because Doc had mentioned robots being a possible defense thing in the depot. Dang. Well, anyway, Doc follows Golden and catches up alongside her.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, no. Oh, no. Rime is not getting anywhere near that mess. Is that why Quoth and Roxy were spending time together? They were planning a job together? Is Roxy able to join them on their job anymore? Rime will not approach Quoth until the heat dies down. She only wants her map signed. She did not make a deal to get involved with anypony dying. "How? Why did he kill them?" Can Rime see the body?

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy laughed at Powerline's antics. It was cute.

Oddy snicker, and sound like bells.
    "I thought you were the gentle kind, Doc. Ropes? I'll take this note."
    Inside herself, the teen idealistic herself wanted to jump and pour everything she knew about Sacrafice Eve.
    But dorking around about what YOU are passionate about, usually wasn't attractive. Somedeer can sport attractive dorkiness- like Doc.
    But not Oddy, or so she believed. She hang out a lot with ponies who don't give a damn.
    Maybe later. She pushed inside the eager teen Oddy.

Oddy gave a kiss on Powerline's cheek.
    "Don't get any prettier in my absence!" she winked and hopped after Golden without touching the ground.
    "Soooo... robots?'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #485

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "I thought you were the gentle kind, Doc. Ropes? I'll take this note."
    Doc regretted making that earlier joke about typing up ponies being two uses of rope.

and hopped after Golden without touching the ground. "Soooo... robots?'
    Doc leaned closer to whisper, "Yeah. You know that depot we're going to explore? Places like that usually have things guarding it--like robots. Glint and Golden figured out that the mare who bought all the bullets two days ago might be after the same place we are."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc regretted making that earlier joke about typing up ponies being two uses of rope.

Doc leaned closer to whisper, "Yeah. You know that depot we're going to explore? Places like that usually have things guarding it--like robots. Glint and Golden figured out that the mare who bought all the bullets two days ago might be after the same place we are."
    "Well, the more the merrier I say. Or at worsr case, we k'have challenge!"

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #487

"Well, the more the merrier I say. Or at worse case, we k'have challenge!"
    Doc whispers, "I reckon it's going to be a challenge. Ponies don't like sharing when they find places like depots full of pre-war stuff."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't you worry, with me around, everydeer learn to share." Oddy winked.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #489

Golden clears her throat. "Regardless of whether or not this mare headed towards our find, it's not like a single pony or even a group of ponies like ourselves can clear out everything. Scavengers are still stripping ruins that have been around for years. This isn't the end. It's just...a setback. Not even that, a potential setback."

=====

Rime can see the body. Roxy is, in fact, picking it up. A decapitated stallion, the one Quoth was speaking with earlier, lies very, very dead. The mare points to it. "He cut the pony's head off with a scythe," she whispers.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Rime covers her mouth and goes green around the gills. She gags in her throat but holds onto her breakfast. Her face turns sideways until she can barely see Guoth out of the corner of her eye. A cold sweat builds on her skin. She waves away to stop the pony from whispering anymore.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

"Pfff... Goldie...' Oddy waved it off.
    "Who are you trying to convince? Life is short and crazy, just enjoy the ride. TADA!' and pull a plastic rose.
    "Smile, leap forward, trust your instincts, and the win is your! Or fail. But you will fail epicly! It doesn't matter! SMILE GOLDIE! SMILE!" she hopped around her.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #492

The mare, thankfully, shuts up about it and pats Rime on the back. A trash bag appears in front of her face, just in case she needs to use it.

======

Powerline watches Oddy's energy with unease. "Ooooh buck. What have I got myself into?" she says quietly to herself.

Golden sighs for a moment, but only a moment, and puts a determined smile on her face. "You're right, Oddy. We're in too deep to pull out now. Or I am anyway. Best to make a go at it and see what fate has in store."

13. - Top - End - #493

"Uh, phrasing," Doc muttered to Golden, because such words will always get used against you by Oddy.

"I'm less concerned about the loot and more about how much of a fight that mare is gonna put up with us. So, we best be prepared to defend ourselves."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Rime gags. She levitates the trash bag around her mouth.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

'Pff.. you two. So dramatic and seriouse..." Oddy waved.
    "I guess soon, you two will kiss! Eheh! Seriouse, kiss... it sort of rhyme..'

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Midway through picking up the body Roxy pauses and considers the decapitated body. Leaving a blood trail through the station would be rather tackey... The scythe must have been something Quoth's agent had suggested. She pulls out a blanket, rolls up the body (frisking any pouches/bags) and head in it, and hefts that up. Much better. "Well have fun dealing with the kid and keep your eyes peeled. There's at least one other ganger running around." Roxy waves and starts heading for the office.

17. - Top - End - #497

Golden's face turns grim. "If a pony in...wait." She pokes her head up from the huddle. "Powerline! What sort of power armor was it?"

"Uh," Powerline hems and haws for a long moment. She twiddles her forehooves and gives the party an apologetic grin. "Weeeell, it may have been a pegasus in one of those super-advanced Enclave sets, but she had a sun painted over the Enclave emblems and, hoo boy, was that thing beat up! Paint all scratched, a few dents here and there..." She shakes her head. "Looks like it was put back together with whatever she had on hoof."

Golden sighs in relief. "Alright. So one pony with power armor that's falling apart. Got it." She turns to Oddy. "Oddy, I, um, can't believe I'm asking this, but if it comes to it, how quickly can you seduce a mare in a walking tank with more weapons than all of us put together?"

=====

With the situation...wrapping up, ponies begin to disperse. The rest quickly do when Quoth glowers at them and says, "Regulator business. Be on your way." He calls Two Bit over and approaches Rime. "You came back at an awkward time," he states.

=====

Meanwhile, Roxy quickly follows Quoth's directions to the bounty office. A bored stallion sits behind the desk and he looks up when Roxy comes in. "Not seen you before," he says.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy's ears perk up with pride.
    "Well, seudction isn't an industry, it's an art. It's about context. For example, Powerline is an amazing pony, who understand fun. So I am quite sure, we will k'have a great and active night.' she winked at Powerline.
    "It also about the scenery. Bar is an easy scend, the middle of a combat.. emmm.. you need some a build up." she thought aloud.
    'As for the mare k'herself, if may I guess, she either one of those brutes, that if I squeak about how strong they are, and k'how weak, k'helpless and cute I am- in this case, it's not even fair. Instant "feed ego" kind of seduction. She might be a g'heoric kind, who is deep and sooo depsrate to get those killing toys for some exalted cause. Bonus if she edgy." she stopped and mimiced sore throat of what sounded like Batmane. "You can't understand the pain. My mommy slipped on a banana when I was little. The scars.. they will never k'heal- but I'll fight for a better tommorow!'
    She laughed at the mimic. Iremia was sort of like that.
    'Then I mostly nod, and coe like a lil' mommy, and say "I don't care, that you are emotionaly scarred from seeing your banana slipping on a banana! I want YOU!' her tone was enthuastic, dramatic- she was quite the aritst.
    "I don't care being k'hurt! Life without you isn't worth living! Kiss me, you bananaphobic fool!' and imitiate passionate kissing, toward Powerline.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-11-18 at 01:44 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #499

"I guess soon, you two will kiss! Eheh! Seriouse, kiss... it sort of rhyme..'
    Doc tries to ignore that like Golden did, but he's still slightly blushing under his cheeks. This reindeer just knew how to get under his fur and make him fluster; she knew that Doc--
    'ahem, focus on the Depot job.'

Golden sighs in relief. "Alright. So one pony with power armor that's falling apart. Got it." She turns to Oddy. "Oddy, I, um, can't believe I'm asking this, but if it comes to it, how quickly can you seduce a mare in a walking tank with more weapons than all of us put together?"
    "Well, seduction isn't an industry, it's an art. It's about context. For example, Powerline is an amazing pony, who understand fun. So I am quite sure, we will k'have a great and active night.' she winked at Powerline.
    [...]
    "I don't care being k'hurt! Life without you isn't worth living! Kiss me, you bananaphobic fool!' and imitiate passionate kissing, toward Powerline.
    "Not sure if I should feel pity for the victim-to-be," Doc comments to Golden, "But rather glad she's on our side."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Hah. Wrapping puns.

Rime grabs the bag off her snout as Quoth approaches and dons her a proper upright posture. The bag floats back to the kind pony. She says to the griffon, "The Frozen North never gives pause or a second. I do not see why I should wait." The kid does not go unnoticed and Rime curves her language to be more bounty hunter friendly. She will try to keep Quoth's job easier so she can have an easier time with him. The shorty looks up to the tall griffon. "Do you have a long blade on your person?" She looks at the griffon's claws for blood. "I did not see Roxy with one." The only magical item she can see on his person is his cloak? She wonders...

She shows off a big bouncy map. The entire Frozen North at her hoofs. "I kept my word. You are paid, and I brought back a map in a timely manner. You are still here." Rime looks pretty pleased with how everything is turning out. "Do you need a writing instrument?" Rime's magic readies at her bag to pull out a pen for him. She can hold the map for him and add a book for back support. Unless, he wants to go somewhere private? "My luck has not quite worn off yet." A book map. What a wondrous thing to possess.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-11-18 at 02:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, Roxy quickly follows Quoth's directions to the bounty office. A bored stallion sits behind the desk and he looks up when Roxy comes in. "Not seen you before," he says.
    "Haven't seen you before either so we're even." The truth, and maybe just a sprinkling of sarcasm. Don't want to piss off the ponies who provide the pay out after all. "Got a little something to turn in here. One fellow of Hearts and Spades Gang or so Quoth says." Roxy pulls out the head and holds it up so the stallion can see.
    Last edited by userpay; 2019-11-18 at 09:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502

Golden raises an eyebrow and smirks. "Impressive," she says, "And now I know what to watch out for. Or some of it, anyway." She whispers to Doc. "Me too."

"Alright! So operation 'Bed the Iron Pony' will be out first plan. We'll come up with plan B if and when we need it. For now, it's probably 'run and hide'."

=======

There is no blood on Quoth's claws, but there is a spot of it on his beak. He wipes it away with the back of one claw. However, Rime can now sense a bit more magic on him. Much more powerful magic. Maybe he had it stored in the train car during the ride.

He nods. "I could use a pencil." Once given, he begins scribbling out a few notes on Rime's map. In short order, all the requested information is filled in and he hands it back to her. "There you are," he says with a smile.

=======

The stallion does not look at all perturbed by the dead body. He looks it over, checks his notes, and says, "Ah. Very good. If you'll just sign a few forms..."

To Roxy's horror, he plops down a sizable stack of, shudder, paperwork in front of her. But if she wants her caps, she'll have to fill it all out.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

"Just, because you know the recipe, doesn't mean, you won't enjoy it. Or maybe I give you false expecations?" she look into Golden's eyes, with an amuse and glint.
    "Maybe, with you, I am playing a longer game. Who knows?' she look at Doc.
    "When your number is up, I guess I'l just tie you." she laugh.
    She bounce.
    "So, do we know where is my new plaything reside?'

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #504

"Alright! So operation 'Bed the Iron Pony' will be out first plan. We'll come up with plan B if and when we need it. For now, it's probably 'run and hide'."
    Not the best named plans, but at least they communicate intentions clearly. "Alright, we'll fill in the others whenever they catch up. We'll just keep in mind the possibility that our armored pony ain't working alone."

"Maybe, with you, I am playing a longer game. Who knows?' she look at Doc.
    "When your number is up, I guess I'll just tie you." she laugh.
    She bounce. "So, do we know where is my new plaything reside?'
    "Uh... I really don't think you're my type, Oddy. A bit too much energy there," Doc tells her, "But, thanks for the warning I guess? As to where your plaything is, likely we'll find her where we're going, so it's just a matter of time until we cross paths."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-19 at 06:39 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

"I can be any type.' Oddy smile, and put glasses (from where?)
    Her smile shrink a bit.
    "...Do.. you really think I can pull it off?' she has asked shyly and blushed a bit

"I am.. unsecure... and.. co-could use some com..comfort. am I being akward? I am so sorry..' even her tone became smalper and more gentle.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #506

Doc removed his glasses to make sure they were clean. He wiped his eyes, then put the glasses back on. "That... You are a frighteningly good actress. Plan A is gonna succeed."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Rime lends him a pen. "I have a pen." Before he can tell her why that is a bad idea she says, "A pen is fine." The pen is very fancy. It looks like something a pony would pick up at a specialty shop for 25 caps or find in a collection. It is a well designed pen. While he is scribbling some notes she looks directly at the new magic aura.

Her eyes excited to find a new target. She studies the magic while she waits and talks. "How do you know all these locations? Did you go to them before the war?" She asks as if the war was only a decade ago.

Rime is happy to have her big map back. She holds it in front of her and enjoys a moment to examine it. "Excellent. The ones worth looting may cause trouble. I may call on your aid. Do you have a starting rate?" She chuckles. He does so many different type of jobs he may not.

When Rime gets a chance she sends Golden a message, "My map is updated. I will meander my way to you. I found Roxy with Quoth. They were doing a job together. They took somepony's head off. Roxy left to turn in the bounty. They drew a crowd, but Quoth dispersed everypony by saying the killing was regulator business. I have sent a potential wilderness guide your way."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Quoth has more magic?
    (3d6)[14] vs 14 (Thaumatology)

Examining magic (repeat every 2 seconds)
    (3d6)[12] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[10] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[15] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[13] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[8] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[11] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[6] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[6] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[8] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    (3d6)[13] vs 15 (Detect Magic)
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-11-19 at 11:48 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508

Golden takes a step back and chuckles nervously, cheeks heating up. "You are...very good at that. Do you want some armor, though? The rest of us will probably be able to cover you, but armor might help keep bullets out of you."

She tilts her head to the side. "Message from Rime," she says, "Apparently she found a wilderness guide for us and sent them our way. We should be seeing them here..."

The door opens and a brown crystal pony stallion enters, broad-shouldered, smiling, with only a day or two's worth of beard, and sporting a broad-brimmed hat. He scans the shop and his eyes settle on Golden. As he trots over, each step makes hardly a whisper on the floor though he seems to be making little effort to conceal the sound. "Howdy," he says, "Ms. Golden Opportun'ty an' party, I presume?"

======

"Yeah. Before the war," Quoth says, "Had quite the collection back in the day. Visited the stores regularly to add to it." His face falls. "Went back there not too long ago. Someone had found it and trashed them all. Took the alcohol, burned the books. Thought I'd hidden it better than that." He sighs.

"Sure. 300 caps a day and 50 per kill," he says, "Pretty cheap for a person of my caliber, but hazard pay and everything tends to jack up the price a bit."

29. - Top - End - #509

Golden takes a step back and chuckles nervously, cheeks heating up. "You are...very good at that. Do you want some armor, though? The rest of us will probably be able to cover you, but armor might help keep bullets out of you."
    "I second that suggestion," Doc adds. The fewer bullets I'm pulling out of you, the better your chances of keeping your beauty untarnished."

Doc said it that way in order to appeal to her ego and agree to the idea. "I can help pick out something if you aren't sure what you'd be comfortable in."

"Howdy," he says, "Ms. Golden Opportun'ty an' party, I presume?"
    Doc takes half a step forward, in some way a bit protective of Golden since she is the linchpin of this operation if nothing else. "You presume correctly. You are?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

"Burned? Pony. The more damaged an item the harder it is to restore with magic. Repairing an object with small pieces missing is already a difficult task. Rebuilding an object that is mostly or completely destroyed is extremely difficult. Whoever burned those books should pay for what they did. Burning a book is unforgivable." She looks more upset in an angry sort of way than sad. "Well, if you ever get a drink that you want to share look around for me. I would be interested in hearing more about the past."

She lightly smiles at his price. "I will keep you in mind if I ever need someone of your caliber. Sounds all standard." Quoth does seem well off. She nods like she is agreeing with his price, but she has no job for him now.

"I better be off. I have ponies waiting on me. I imagine you have your own business to attend to. Goodbye, Two Bit. I will see you later, Quoth. Until fate reunites us." If there is nothing else needing said Rime will pack away her map then leave. She will explore the city a little, window shopping or looking over any stalls, while heading to Powerline's store.