New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

To Doc and Golden, Oddy change to shades.
    "I dunno, mah mane. Armors is quite the luggage, and this swag flank like to hang wild, y'know? Though, I don't want it penerated from the wrong side...' she pause.
    "Maybe if there is something nice, small weight thing, y'know what I mean?'

To the crytsal stallion she switch to a cowboy hat, and even stick few freckle stickers.
    'K'howdy yourself partner!' she immitate his tone and speaking pattern to her best ability.
    'And you got it right as cyder on chilly day inside with a cup of chillie!' she add. 'Where ever Goldie reside, the party go on!'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

While Pepper doesn't have alot of objections to seeing the reindeer get shot at, she apparently does have at least a small modicum of reticence to let Oddy actually be killed.

...good for her?

"We're seriously going to let Ms. Horny Horns here try to seduce an armored gunpony as our Plan A?" she lets out an "ugh" noise without changing tone. " What happens if that mare just decides to blow her away or start shooting? I have armor piercing slugs for my shotgun, real good ones. But like a single bandoleer of them and this witch bought out your cousin's bullet inventory. And she can fly like I can. Not the best odds for our safety to bet on her being lusty for ladies. She has been busy loading all ten of her bullets into the carbine's magazine before carefully storing it into her gun case.

"I have't really been in a lot of situations where the other team has the superior fire power, but getting the drop on them and hitting hard and fast seems like our safest option. And to do that we'll need cover and a bottleneck position, which is risky since she can fly. I'd rather not have a new co-worker get splattered all over a wall on my first day on the job. Again. But they don't need to know that. S"ure we might need something or some pony to get her into positio--NOT THAT-- she preemptively shoots Oddy a glance-- no innuendos, "We might need a volunteer to help get her into our line of fire, but You're gonna need real armor, that can at least keep some of your innards safe if you get hit with a shotgun slug or a magnum or something..."

She stops as the newcomer arrives.

"Who the hell wants to know?"
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy can't help but laugh at Pepper saying position

------
    My previouse Avater

4. - Top - End - #514
    Spamalot in the Playground

Doc reads the room and decides to space out the tension a bit.

"Oddy, why don't you come with me and help pick out some armor?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #515
    Firbolg in the Playground

The stallion doffs his hat and holds it in one hoof. "Name's Compass Needle, "he says with a nod to Pepper. "Ms. Rime Verse sent me over here. Said I'd find y'all and that y'all were lookin' for a guide of some kind?"

Golden looks dour. "Depends. What are you charging?"

"Flat fee," Compass says, eyes flicking towards Oddy, "And nothin' more." He grins. "If y'all are explorin' someplace, that's your concern. I just guide ponies places. I don't go salvagin'. Less ponies shoot at me that way." He nods to Oddy. "Ma'am."

Unimpressed, Golden counters, "And what's the fee?"

"Ms. Rime offered to help take care of that," he says, "But it'll run ya three hundred caps, plus food."

Golden's lips press together. "One moment." She turns to the others and steps away, whispering. "Can we do without a navigator? Assuming Oddy gets armor."

=====

Two Bit grins and waves, licking a cone of ice cream. "Bye, Ms. Rime. Thanks for dancing with me last night!"

"Calm skies and easy roads," Quoth says, giving her a jaunty salute. He puts a claw on Two Bit's shoulder. "Come on, kid. Your parents are gonna be waiting for us."

And so, after a little windowshopping, Rime arrives at the store just as the guide she hired is being interrogated.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-11-19 at 11:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    The stallion does not look at all perturbed by the dead body. He looks it over, checks his notes, and says, "Ah. Very good. If you'll just sign a few forms..."

To Roxy's horror, he plops down a sizable stack of, shudder, paperwork in front of her. But if she wants her caps, she'll have to fill it all out.
    Roxy's jaw drops. That no good two timing... If Roxy had known what she was getting into she probably would have told Quoth to clean up his own mess! "What happened to the good ol days of a normal transaction..." She grumbles as she takes the paperwork and starts filling it out. This payout better be good...

7. - Top - End - #517

Golden's lips press together. "One moment." She turns to the others and steps away, whispering. "Can we do without a navigator? Assuming Oddy gets armor."
    Doc shakes his head. He whispers, "I'm a doctor, not a surveyor. Only have a general direction of where we're heading. 300 sounds like a lot, but it's a flat fee. So as long as we find a lot of sellable loot, we should be able to recover that without splitting another share of the total, you know?"

He glances to Oddy, then adds, "Yeah, I'll help Oddy get some armor. She really needs some protection." Doc immediatelly adds, "From bullets."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

"Goldie, as mah auntie Potatia say: new ponies in your life, are like another lottery card- who knows, maybe this one, will bring the win.' she say to Golden.

She nod to Doc.
    'Sure thing, pal. I guess you don't view me as the mommy kind. Ah get it.'
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-11-20 at 01:44 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Rime looks at the store's name in neon lights for the first time. Powerline Supply. The place looks busy as ponies come and go. Rime smirks to herself and heads inside. She has her winter clothes on with her staff in hoof. She isn't in such a ponyhunt that she goes looking for her group. She keeps an eye out for anyone important while she browses.

Spoiler: Rime
    Show
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-11-20 at 12:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    She nod to Doc. 'Sure thing, pal. I guess you don't view me as the mommy kind. Ah get it.'
    "Don't take it personally," Doc whispers to Oddy in confidence. "For one thing, you're young. For a second thing, you're not a mountain-sized mare in combat armor wanting to know when I'm bringing her grandkids." He chuckles softly.

He takes a look at what Oddy is wearing. "So, any of this protective? Anything concealed like an armored vest under there? Trying to think what you'd be okay wearing for armor. I reckon something light and flexible, but you'd know that better than anyone."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy actually wear long striped socks, and whatever accesory.
    Reindeers seemed to have natural resistance to the cold.
    "Mountain sized mare? Wow. You apear to be more and more deviant.' she chuckle.
    "I guess some stylish vest... Oooo!' she jump revreting to her prime personality.
    'I k'have bullet resistsnt silk vest! I k'have completly forgotten!'

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #522

Oddy actually wear long striped socks, and whatever accesory.
    Reindeers seemed to have natural resistance to the cold.
    "Mountain sized mare? Wow. You apear to be more and more deviant.' she chuckle.
    "Says the reindeer wearing long stripped socks out in public," Doc debates with a smirk, pointing to her choice of accessories. "Us Earth ponies are just naturally bigger equines."

"I guess some stylish vest... Oooo!' she jump revreting to her prime personality.
    'I k'have bullet resistsnt silk vest! I k'have completly forgotten!'
    Doc watches the prancing reindeer, then nods. "I see. Well then I reckon you are already prepared. Good on you to remember it now," he approves.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-20 at 09:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

'Ponies's obession with socks is g'hillariouse.' she chuckled.
    'Well, if we are already alone..' her tone became more sultry and she leaned forward.
    'You could k'elp me wearing the vest." she summon a blue fashinable silk vest, with furry rims. Seems as part of a fancy costume for high society parties.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #524

'Ponies's obession with socks is g'hillariouse.' she chuckled.
    "Well, maybe socks don't mean much to reindeer, but back home socks are kind of intimate in certain context," Doc explains. "Different cultures I reckon "

'Well, if we are already alone..' her tone became more sultry and she leaned forward.
    'You could k'elp me wearing the vest." she summon a blue fashinable silk vest, with furry rims. Seems as part of a fancy costume for high society parties.
    Doc blinks. Where did she pull that vest from? "Well, I suppose I can help you put it on. No harm in that?" He wasn't sure if there was no harm. He wasn't sure about a lot of things, but he would feel better if Oddy had some armor on. At least this vest looks nice?

He takes the vest and holds it out for Oddy?
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-20 at 09:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

"I know, it, docky silly. That why I wear them. I k'hope you like them!' her smile was almost feline.

She slipped her neck with a grace of a swan into the vest and sneak attacked a nuzzle.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #526

"I know, it, docky silly. That why I wear them. I k'hope you like them!' her smile was almost feline.

She slipped her neck with a grace of a swan into the vest and sneak attacked a nuzzle.
    Docky? He blushes when he gets the nuzzle, pulling away from Oddy a little. "I uh, I don't think this is the appropriate place to talk about socks. Let's focus on getting prepared for our trip? We will need extra food to feed ourselves and possibly a guide."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

'Eh. Goldie already found the cowboy one.' Oddy shrugged.
    'Oh? So where is "aproriate" to talk about socks, Docky deer?'

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #528

As the pony sits there, glassy-eyed and wearing a vacant expression, Roxy works her way through the forms. When she is done, he whisks them away and sets them somewhere behind the desk. "Thank you," he says, "I am authorized to pay 75 caps for the kill, 25 for bringing the body, and another 100 for not mutilating it and making it difficult to identify. No deductions for collateral damage, and a x2 bonus because of known Raider associations." He blinks owlishly. "Totally 400 caps. Minus tax of seven percent, so three hundred and seventy two caps."

He slides across a small sack of caps. "I presume you'll want to count them?" he asks, sounding bored and resigned to the prospect, as if she would be putting a great burden on him by doing so.

=====

He glances to Oddy, then adds, "Yeah, I'll help Oddy get some armor. She really needs some protection." Doc immediatelly adds, "From bullets."
    "Be sure to pick up the other kind too," Powerline quips from the counter. She leans forward on it, chin propped up on one hoof, and grins, and holds that posture as Rime enters.

One of the clerks trots up to her, a short unicorn stallion with a bright-eyed expression on his face. "Hello!" he says, "How can I help you?"

At the moment, it seems that Golden is holding a conference with Compass Needle, whispering to each other and seeming to have a bit of a haggling session. Golden isn't negotiating the price, but rather trying to raise what the price will bring. At the moment, she is trying to get him to agree to watch the camp while they explore.

=

A colt, no older than twelve, rounds the corner right as Oddy nuzzles Doc and freezes. Eyes wide, he turns around and gallops the other way.

19. - Top - End - #529

"Be sure to pick up the other kind too," Powerline quips from the counter. She leans forward on it, chin propped up on one hoof, and grins, and holds that posture as Rime enters.

A colt, no older than twelve, rounds the corner right as Oddy nuzzles Doc and freezes. Eyes wide, he turns around and gallops the other way.
    Doc gives Powerline an embarrassed look. "Hey, you're the one with the reindeer date tonight. I don't do cuddle piles," he says. Still, he is feeling a bit ganged up on right now. It shows in his cheeks. After the colt runs off though?

Ugh. Doc needs a freakin' drink. "Where do you keep the liquor?" he inquired.

'Oh? So where is "aproriate" to talk about socks, Docky deer?'
    Doc shakes his head. "Bedrooms," he whispers, "Maybe you should ask Powerline what her favorite stripe colors are on your date. Use your imagination for the rest of it."

And with that Doc is off to the food and booze supply to stock up, cause it's gonna be a looooong trip.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy laugh and jump at Powerline to share a hoof bump.
    Her eyes follow the colt.
    She wishper.
    "I gotta do a .. mysteriouse thing. So... mmm.. say I got locked myself in the bathroom or something'
    And then dissapear into mist and try to follow the colt.
    "If deer mother was k'here..' she think and frown

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

A fellow shorty! Rime is at eye level with an pony for a change. "Hello." She gives a short greeting. "You could literally point towards any candies or books." She notices the conversation going on between Powerline and her group. After the clerk helps Rime or when the clerk fails to meet her demands she will say, "That is all." She starts walking over to Powerline.

Rime says to Oddy and Doc, "You have another date, Oddy? You do move fast. Doc, try to get something tasty or with a bit of flavor."

Rime walks over to Powerline. "Hello." She watches that happy grin. "I am Rime Verse. Rainbow Falls School of Arcane Sciences alumnus." Rime does introduce herself first on rare occasion. "I see you know my friend Oddy and Doc. They are traveling with me."

22. - Top - End - #532

"I promise nothing," Doc says to Rime.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #533

Powerline smirks. "Over by the chems, of course," she says, sticking out her tongue a little. She gestures in a vague direction. "That way." In the corner of the shop stands a shelf crammed with alcohol, mostly cheap beers and much more expensive homemade whiskey. However, a few boxes of ment-als, mostly-worthless painkillers, and a single vial labeled 'Daytrip to the Beach' rest at the bottom shelf.

Oddy turns into mist and follows along behind the colt, who has run outside of the store with a dazed expression on his face. He takes a few deep breaths and calms himself, but his mind is clearly still back there. "Kissy stuff in public," he mutters with a hint of childish disgust.

The attendant nods to Rime. "We do have a small selection of books, but I think the one that would most interest you is the leftmost one on the bottom shelf. It presents a puzzle, and I am sure you will be able to figure it out." He steps away, going about his business and leaving her to browse in peace.

Once she is over to Powerline, the mare has shifted to hunching over the counter and propping her head up with both hooves instead of just one. She raises an eyebrow. "Sup," she says, "Name's Powerline. This is my shop. We got neat stuff." She grins. "You can buy it all. Even me! That's a joke! I'm taken tonight."

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

Pepper gives Golden a rather flat look.

"I can take care of him if he leads us to a dead end or tries to bilk us, but he seems legit. Problem is, none of us know the area and time's too precious to waste getting lost. As long as somepony keeps an eye on him, not let him out of sight we should be fine. It's only 300 caps."

Pepper spends this quick talk looking at Compass whenever the Stallion looks away from their direction, trying to get a feel for his character. She hopes taking this gamble won't make her look bad...

Spoiler: ooc/roll
    Show

I forget what sense motive is called in this game but you get the idea:

(1d6)[6] (1d6)[5](1d6)[3]

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

25. - Top - End - #535

"Day trip to the beach?" Doc mutters to himself. "So like, the sense of polluted brine and rotten fish scent I wonder?" Well, he doesn't wonder too much on it.

He does check the 'mostly useless' painkillers. Can he think of a way to reformulate them to be effective?

((3d6)[9] v. Pharmacy check of...an integer)?

Edit--
    Pharmacy skill is 11, so made by 2, barring any modifiers.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-11-20 at 06:49 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy breath with a relief.
    But while at it... she want to surprise the colt with a gift.
    She study him.
    Spoiler: meta
    Show

Roll empathy please!

Body Launguage 13
    (3d6)[6][2][2](10)

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

She makes sure Doc can hear her, "Get something sweet if you can!"

She says to the attendant, "I will check out your suggestion," before they part.

Rime shifts her focus from that grin to the raised eyebrow. The introduction is wrong. Golden must not have told Powerline about Rime. "Pleasure to meet you, Powerline." She offers her a hoof. Rime is being nice? "Powerline Supply is a neat shop. I see why Golden wanted to come here specifically." She chuckles at her suggestion to buy everything. Her eyes widening whenever Powerline says she can be bought. So, that is how Powerline and Oddy happened. Give the reindeer a breath... "Yes, I heard Doc say you were going on a date with my friend Oddy."

28. - Top - End - #538

"Never let an opportunity pass by," Golden says with a wry chuckle, but she does leave off Compass.

Pepper, however, takes a closer look at the stallion, peering deep as she can into his soul. Whether he notices or not, she deduces that he is probably not someone to rely on for more than you are paying. Oddy gets a similar idea about him. He strikes them both as someone loyal to caps, not people.

Meanwhile, Doc is confident that he is holding a bottle of sugar pills. Good for the placebo effect only.

In her own little corner outside the store, Oddy studies the colt. She senses that he's a bit of a punk, not much respect for his elders or authority in general.

Powerline's grin widens and she goes along with Rime's compliment, right until she mentions Oddy. A distinct blush crosses her face. "Eh-heh, yeaaaaah. She asked and...well, who am I to turn THAT flank down?"
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-11-20 at 10:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539

Meanwhile, Doc is confident that he is holding a bottle of sugar pills. Good for the placebo effect only.
    Ah, pretty useless. Doc takes a bottle of the homemade whisky and then checks on the food supplies for sale. And yes, he'll also look at sweets since Rime mentioned it. Maybe some hard candy for a victory treat when they finish the mission successfully?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Roxy squints at the stallion. "I'm expected to trust a preloaded bag?" Or at least Roxy assumes she hadn't seen the stallion loading up the bag while she was working on the paperwork. Paperwork was rather mind numbing. "I'm going to count it but I'll do it in the corner if it won't be a bother. Probably would have gotten more if Quoth hadn't popped his head..." She goes to crouch in the corner keeping the coin counting visible so the stallion can't claim she tried to short the bag... Well at least she managed to get a bonus despite Quoth's interference. And she'd get to watch Mr. Glassy stare struggle with the body.