New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: The Frozen North: All Aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeyon View Post
    When Pepper says not to drink any alcohol, Rime looks toward Doc. Didn't they buy some booze for the trip? Rime did plan on drinking. Pepper does have a lot of guns and fancy bullets. Is she serious about not drinking?
    "See, alcohol dilates your blood vessels, which causes your body to expel heat faster. That's why when you drink booze in the cold you feel a moment of warmth as the heat rushes out. But that's dangerous because your core body temperature drops, so... don't drink booze outside." Doc catches himself from going off on a medical knowledge nerd spree.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

"Roxy k'have my keys.' Oddy say to glint and an a wink.
    "I guess she can share them with you, if this is your thing."
    Heh. Glint was cute in a cranky way. Teasing such ponies were so amusing.
    Oddy giggle at Rime.
    "Oddy k'has learned long time ago, that Oddy can only count on Oddy. Don'tchyou worry!"

Still waiting for Roxy or Powerline to "rescue her" she laugh at Doc.
    "NERD!' She call in teen-ish tone.
    "Go.. on.' She add sheepishly.
    "I like it.'
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    she laugh at Doc.
    "NERD!' She call in teen-ish tone.
    "Go.. on.' She add sheepishly.
    "I like it.'
    Doc seemed a little confused by that, but smiled as a response. He adjusted his glasses. "Well, maybe later. Let's get packing and moving. We've got an armored mare to catch up with, and she might have friends of her own in the wings."

...yes, he meant that pun.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-12-17 at 08:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

A merry whistle comes from the front door as Compass Needle, their hired guide, strides in, looking bright and cheery and well-rested. "Good morning, everypony," he says merrily, "Ready for a long day out in the cold?"

His eyes fall on Oddy and his eyebrows shoot upwards. "Or maybe I should come back in a few minutes?"

5. - Top - End - #755

Doc tosses the guide a can of fud. "Neigh, that's just her parking brake. We're packing up now to take this show on the ice road."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't be silly deer. You can always join in. And yes, this is what you think it is." she cover herself in mist, picking the lock of the hoofcuffs, and then trot around the guide, and hoofcuffing herself to him, before letting the mist to expose her again.
    "Oh, I didn't knew you were into THIS kind of games. Tehihi. But I afraid, I need to freshen up, quickly, if you don't mind. But I ak sure, that later we can find time for your crazy wacky games.."

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #757

The stallion was looking elsewhere when Oddy hoofcuffed herself to him, looking at the can of 'fud' to be precise. However, he does not react particularly well to it. His kindly expression turns blank and he makes as much room between him and Oddy as possible. "Ma'am," he says, "I am aware that THIS is how ponies get pickpocketed. Please have a little higher of an opinion of me and keep such tricks to yourself."

8. - Top - End - #758

"Oddy, please uncuff him and be nice," Doc asked the reindeer. "He's our guide, not your play thing. There will be plenty of ponies to tempt with your wiles AFTER we're done with our mission."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

"It's all Roxy's fault she k'has a key." Oddy kept her smile

"And pick pocketing isn't really my thing. No need to be so uptight,.on the morning. Did you k'had your coffee this morning deer?'

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Rime looks at Doc like he just spoke crazy. "I am well versed with alcohol."

She says to Oddy, "This time I will be beside you so remember not to get me shot either."

She says to Compass Needle, "Yes. We are prepared." She asks, "Would you like some coffee? Powerline has prepared some." Rime says as she is on her second cup.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Troll in the Playground

Roxy lets out a chuckle at all the ruckus as her brain finally starts to wake up thanks to the coffee. "I don't think pickpocketing is what's on her mind right now. You really are insatiable aren't you?" It takes a few moments for Roxy to pat herself down and go through her pouches for the key, finally finding it attached to the inside of her collar somehow. She moves over to the chained duo to get them separated before Oddy spooked their guide to much.

12. - Top - End - #762

"Thank you, Roxy," Doc said.

He pockets his traveling cup. "So if we're done with distractions, shall we get marching order established and start this adventure?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #763

Compass Needle doesn't directly respond to Oddy, but he does turn to Golden and flatly say, "I'm increasing my prices by ten percent."

She opens her mouth as if to protest, but reconsiders. With a nod, she says, "That sounds fair."

And with that, they turn to address Doc's question. "Right," Golden says, "Obviously Glint will be our forward scout, but she can't be too far forward because Compass is going to have to show us the way. I vote we keep the wagon in the middle, and I think Rime and Oddy should stay there too. That leaves Roxy to guard the rear."

Compass smirks and eyes Roxy. "Yeah, no one's attacking from behind with a Sand Dog on the prowl."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

"Awww, Roxy, they didn't believed! But I knew you will come! I knew!"
    She gave a thankfull nuzzle.
    "I understand, that my usually joyfullness and shengians won't be apreciated today. For some, death and risk aren't a laughing matter. I k'have no choice." she close her eyes dramaticly and turn into a silvery mist.
    (And also retaking the hoofcuffs)
    Oddy has returned after a minute. Her mane dyed in red and black, gothic makeup, alongside an X shaped scar on the forehead. (Done by crafty make up, if you look into it enough)
    Hooves painted black, the tips of her antlers as well.
    She wear a silk vest which push her chest fluff up, which go a bit against her current charwcter- but she did mentioned this is her mean of defence, so it make sense to use it, even if it was desgined to fit the regular Oddy's style. This Oddy didn't seemed to care!
    Instead of her stripey socks she has now black boots, nit collar on her neck and a nit bracelet complete the looks.
    "Sorry for the wai-" her throat rebelled against the ruff voice she forced it into.
    "The wait. I am always ready, but I need to let you know few things about me." he face is now frowning, as if she is on the edge of going berserk.
    "I never smile. It make me feel emotionaly exposed and feel weak. Also, I preffer to communicate with growls and if I k'have to, short to the point sentences." she step forward.
    "One last thing. The name." she levitate a knife.
    "Oddy is just my middle name, and my father k'had a diffrent name. So I need you to know, that my real name is, Bell Oddy Merry." she stomp.
    "You can call me.. Bloody Marry."

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #765

Now it was Doc's turn to open his mouth to protest Oddy, but like Golden and that one catchy Whinny song, he just lets it go. Seems earthponies are quite done with this.

"Alright, let's get the wagon saddled up with us earth ponies."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #766

Compass Needle stares at Oddy. A look of dull incomprehension slowly turns into defeat. "I suppose I couldn't trouble you for yet another ten percent?" he asks Golden.

"No," Golden says flatly.

"Fair enough," he mutters.

Golden nods to Doc. "Yes. Let's get saddled up and then get a move on."

And assuming no one has any other things they would like to do at this juncture, that is exactly what will happen.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Pepper doesn't change expressions, but she just looks hard at Oddy's descent into Bloody Mary for a moment, her coffee cup glued to her lip. Slowly, she blinks, sniffs the coffee suspiciously before looking around to see if anybody else just saw that.

Oh good, they did. Flicking the now empty cup down onto the nearest counter with a dull wobble, she flaps her wings a bit to get them loose before just heading for the door.

"...so there's at least two of you in there. That somehow makes a lot more sense and is still far worse than I imagined." she drawls, "Now if you're all done putting your faces on, lets get hitched up and go. We ain't got all day..."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    And assuming no one has any other things they would like to do at this juncture, that is exactly what will happen.
    Doc eats his quick breakfast, does his business, and then gets himself harnessed to the wagon/sled thing. 'A Wagon pulling a wagon'. Heh heh, mind readers would be groaning all day at the bad jokes he came up with, though this one was a bit old.

He does a little stretching exercise to warm up. "If at all possible, try not to ask us to stop suddenly. On snow this contraption is gonna have all the grace and control of a pregnant Brahmin on skates."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2019-12-19 at 03:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy is hyper today. She must have had a good night. She doesn't seem tired which is all Golden and Rime asked of her.

Rime doesn't so much agree with Golden suggestion as accept her plan as their course of action, "No pony needs worry about the wagon with me on guard." She sips the last of her second cup and puts it to rest near the coffee pot.

Pepper is scouting the entire way though? She supposes a scouting is a good plan even if that wasn't how she envisioned them traveling. She tells Pepper, "When we leave the city boundaries I will cast my spells on you there."

Rime watches Oddy play up a part. Did Oddy suddenly become more attractive in a punk costume? Rime didn't think that such a feat was possible. She pushes her goggles down to cover her eyes.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2019-12-19 at 06:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Bloody nod silently.
    "Powerline... you better don't think of me. It's dangerous.' she gave her a kiss, sort of cold, but more dominante.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #771

For the love of Luna's left hoof Doc thinks to himself. Hopefully Oddy doesn't go flirting with the party on this trip. He tests the harness once he is strapped in, make sure it is secure.

Hopefully a fight doesn't happen while he and Golden are attached to this thing. It's nice to be working along side a good mare, but not when under fire.

Speaking of fire, she has a flamethrower, doesn't she? Ugh, Doc hated flamethrowers. Whoever invented them was a lazy mule who wanted to set ponies hideously on fire, but without walking over to them.

That's just wrong.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #772

Powerline looks up from nursing her coffee long enough to be surprise-kissed. "Uh, okay, sure," she says, unsure of what to make of that but going along with it anyway. Last night was fun. She'd like to repeat it.

The party hitches Doc and Golden up to the wagon and moves towards the gates of the city, which already have some ponies flowing in and out as the dawn approaches. Not that the sun will ever be visible, but it will get a little brighter outside.

The guards give them a nod, check through the luggage to make sure they aren't smuggling kidnapped ponies out, and let them go on their way. They join the press of ponies moving out and in to the city. A few merchants have set up just outside the city, hawking their wares to anyone willing to stick around and listen. Just outside the gates is a mare dressed in a robe cut from gold and blue fabric, preaching from atop a barrel to all who pass by.

"Gather, gather my brothers and sisters! Come, warm yourselves by my fire. Hear what I have to say. The two sisters are not gone, my friends! Equestria and the Crystal Empire are not dead! They rest in each of our hearts. A city is its people and it's people are its heart. As long as you and I still believe in Harmony, it does not matter what our houses look like or how many holes our clothes have. As long as we have each other."

"Yeah?" a mocking voice calls from the crowd. A group of armed mercenaries leer at the mare, led by a brawny unicorn stallion twirling a pistol. "You won't mind if I add a few more holes to that fancy gown, then, right?"

He lowers his pistol at her and she freezes, like a deer caught in the headlights. But then, he raises the pistol toward the sky and fires off three shots. The mare yelps and dives behind cover, much to the amusement of the mercenaries. However, the town guards are already on their way over towards them, weapons drawn. The instigating stallion holsters his pistol and raises his forehooves, smirking.

"Just a bit of fun, officers," he says.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-12-20 at 12:02 AM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Bloody frown ever more.
    Excuse me a moment.' she jump off, and dissapear into a mist

she try to sneak into the mercnary group in her mist form.

Spoiler: roll
    Show

MW
    stealth..
    I think.. 15?
    punish me later if I am wrong
    (3d6)[3][5][1](9)

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #774

Spoiler
    Show
    Well I would, but Oddy enjoys 'punishment'.

Oddy slips away, sneaky in the mist, before anyone can tell her not to. As she slips over to the commotion, she hears the guard demand, "Alright, fine. Give me your name and where you'll be staying. Then, you can be on your way for now."

The stallion smirks. "I could lie, but I got a good feeling about this. Name's Brute Squad. This here's Brute's Squad." The other mercs jeer.

"Riiiiight," the guard says, "Well, no one was injured, so that'll be a ten cap fine. Pay at the entryway there."

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Oddy walk on air, and getting near "Brute Squad", trying to memorize his features- his cutie mark if possible.
    She levitate her knife to screech over her antler, and wishper.
    "...I am a messenger of Iremia, the princess of metal k'hope, the heir of Luna and the wileder of Nightmare Moon k'helmet. She k'has seen your k'heart. She is displeased. And insulting a k'holy pony..... bow your k'head and ask for her forgivness- this is the only thing between you and Iremia's final judgement. She is near. VERY near.'

----

Spoiler: Intimidation
    Show

Ehhhh.... I think 14?

(3d6)[4][2][4](10)

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #776

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Excuse me a moment.' she jump off, and dissapear into a mist
    "We really don't have the... time..."

Doc turns to Golden. "I'd find a leash for that mare, but she'd probably think it's foreplay."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #777

Golden makes a very unhappy face. "She better end up helping more than hurting," she says, "Or I may just not hire her on for the second phase of this plan."

Meanwhile, the stallion seems a little unnerved by Oddy's 'disembodied voice' act, but he seems like the sort of pony that hears voices all the time. Probably from drug-induced hazes. He taps a hoof against his ear and says, "Huh, that's funny. Didn't think I was high. One of you bozos stick somethin' in my coffee again?"

The other ponies deny any involvement. Unfortunately, that seems like all Oddy can accomplish at the moment, however this stallion is in for a shock when Iremia reveals herself.

Meanwhile, the 'holy pony', as Oddy called her, shakily resumes her position on her impromptu stage. "The sisters have space in their hearts even for the likes of you," she says to the stallion, a mixture of warmth and wariness in her voice, "It is not too late."

The stallion stares stupidly at her for a moment. Then, he shrugs and turns towards the gate, leaving her behind.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Bloody sign "Brute Squad'" in her memory.
    The bill wasn't paid yet.
    She pass by the "holy pony' and wishper softly, smell if sugar powsr and mint.
    "The Princess Of Night is near.' She wishper and get back to the wagon, reapering, silent and frowning

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #779

Doc sees Oddy back on the cart. He turns to Golden. "Let's move before something else interrupts us," he suggests.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

Once they are set to leave, Rime walks next to Oddy out of the shop and out of the city.

The guards are free to inspect Rime's luggage. The most suspicious thing on her person is a bunch of weird sticks in her saddlebag. If there is a unicorn among the guards they will probably at least detect a magic item on Rime considering the volume she is carrying. Rime would love to window shop the stalls outside the city walls but she does not have the time or the caps.

Rime does not pay much mind to the religious mare or her attacker, but she does pay attention to Oddy. When Oddy leaves the group, Rime says, "I will follow her and bail her out if she gets into trouble." She will follow Oddy from a distance and listen in on her adventure.

Rime returns to the group when Oddy returns to the group (or a little earlier if she has enough warning). Rime was standing next to Oddy so they could talk while traveling but she might also be standing next to her now so she can keep a close eye on her. "We need to get farther away from the city before I cast my spells. I do not want to draw undesired attention to us."