New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: So how is Batwoman?

I stuck with Supergirl for two and a bit seasons but I have to admit some choices and outright flaws in the show drove me away, even though Supergirl is one of my favourite characters and I think Melissa Benoist is all kinds of wonderful and I actually went to school with Katie McGrath.

Still, I'm considering watching this since I sort of like the Batwoman from the comics. If anything the fact that I don't have any pre-existing sacred cows might even help. How does it compare with Supergirl?

2. - Top - End - #122

Honestly? About the same. It's a Berlanti-verse show and they don't even try to hide the formula.

Reminds me I need to catch up again.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So, as expected, the first part of Crisis On Infinite Earths has definitively stated that Batwoman takes place on Earth-1.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Conroy (from the Batman animated series) finally making his appearance as a live-action Bruce Wayne, and I'm wondering about the possibility of him sticking around in some kind of limited advisory role for Batwoman (similar to the limited appearances of Superman on the Supergirl show)? Would be cool.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

4. - Top - End - #124

Especially if they find an excuse to let him sing. That was an awesome episode of JLU.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well, Batman turned out to be a huge jerk and tried to kill Kara. He's dead now.

I wonder what Kate is planning to do with that kryptonite she swiped from him?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    Well, Batman turned out to be a huge jerk and tried to kill Kara. He's dead now.
    Please calm down,i believe batman will be back.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Just being practical.
    They just skipped to a version of a bad and broken Batman, so preparing for an option of a similar Superman is acceptable.
    Not to mention that Superman has the tendency of being mind-controlled every other Tuesday.
    And as a bonus, it can stop the other Kryptonians who apparently didn't hear that Superman and Supergirl are supposed to be the last ones.

With all the reasons, I don't even think it needs to be kept as a secret.
    All Kate has to do is to ask Kara "if you are being controlled to kill people, will you want me to stop you?"
    But of course it's a CW, and keeping secrets is pretty much the default setting.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post

With all the reasons, I don't even think it needs to be kept as a secret.
    All Kate has to do is to ask Kara "if you are being controlled to kill people, will you want me to stop you?"
    But of course it's a CW, and keeping secrets is pretty much the default setting.
    It was sorted out in this episode of Crisis.
    "I pulled this off Batman just in case, but I trust you now, take it."
    "No, I trust you, keep it."

Probably gonna be used sometime in the last two hours.
    Now with half the calories!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

TBH if Kara was acting anything like she was in the middle portion of the last season I watched (the one with Manchester Black; I dropped it around the time he formed the Elite) then I'd probably try to kill her too.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

As I always suspected, they're planning on collapsing all of the Earth-whatevers into one!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    As I always suspected, they're planning on collapsing all of the Earth-whatevers into one!
    I mean, that was kind of the point of these Crisis events in the comics, as well. It's DC's classic "We have too many universes" solution.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

So I ended up dropping the show after 3 episodes like I thought I would. And then after writing off basically all of Arrowverse DC I hear my Batman, the one and only Kevin Conroy is getting a chance to play Bruce live action. And by Jove I went and watched it.

Man. Seeing him get villainfied kinda stung. Hope he comes back as a proper Bruce sometime. When that happens I’ll tune in again. Basically like I did for Hamill as the Trickster.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bruceski View Post
    It was sorted out in this episode of Crisis.
    "I pulled this off Batman just in case, but I trust you now, take it."
    "No, I trust you, keep it."

Probably gonna be used sometime in the last two hours.
    I still think there is a difference between "I trust you, you can have it" to "I have it, but it is not intended for you, I trust you enough to let you know about it".

Kara's reaction to someone else having Kryptonite always seem to be like a point of view of an entitles person.
    She doesn't like it when even someone she trusts has the means to stop her as a safeguard, but her mere existence is the means to stop pretty much anyone else if he goes bad.
    The weapon can be stolen, but she can be brainwashed, mind-controlled or simply manipulated just as easily.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    So I ended up dropping the show after 3 episodes like I thought I would. And then after writing off basically all of Arrowverse DC I hear my Batman, the one and only Kevin Conroy is getting a chance to play Bruce live action. And by Jove I went and watched it.

Man. Seeing him get villainfied kinda stung. Hope he comes back as a proper Bruce sometime. When that happens I’ll tune in again. Basically like I did for Hamill as the Trickster.
    Ep 3? The one where
    Spoiler
    Show
    Batman made a lethal gun
    ?
    Yeah, that was upset with canon Batman, I could have seen a sleep dart/knockout bullet instead.

I'm watching on CW AP due to Crisis got me interested, but this seemed worse than Green Arrow first season issues.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Batman on her earth was thinking of being a killer (even as a last resort)... then the Keven Conroy version seems to be her future not alternate timeline.

15. - Top - End - #135

The gun was to kill him, not other people. Bat-Kryptonite, if you will.

As later episodes showed, he was hardly the only one with that idea.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

What really bugged me about the gun episode was that this money-guy's master plan was to shoot Batman with a gun!? And his back up plan was to punch him!? That hasn't worked in 80 years! Is that more insane or inane?
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

I go back and forth on that.

Spoiler: Batman and guns
    Show

This universe's Batman seems to rely on his invulnerable armour a bit more than usual, so a Bat killing gun isn't necessarily a bad idea...but if Batman knows you have his Bat killing gun, he probably doesn't fight head on.

On the other hand, Batman has also developed a kill switch for his Anti Bat gun, which doesn't make it especially useful if he goes rogue. Someone could steal the suit, but it already comes with a remotely activated defibrillator, so you could just disable the thief with that.

Is there a bat rogue that's a really good hacker, who might be able to disable the defibrillator?

I think Tommy must have been panicking a bit, Kate had just discovered him so he had to act fast.

I wonder how Catherine pitched her Batman killing gun to her investors. Batman isn't a threat to her, the police wouldn't want it and couldn't afford it if they did, and he's been missing for years by now. The only people that would need it are his rogues, who are unlikely to walk into her company and while Jacob doesn't like the Bat, I don't think he'd be on board with killing him outright. So who was she going to sell it to?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    I go back and forth on that.

Spoiler: Batman and guns
    Show

This universe's Batman seems to rely on his invulnerable armour a bit more than usual, so a Bat killing gun isn't necessarily a bad idea...but if Batman knows you have his Bat killing gun, he probably doesn't fight head on.

On the other hand, Batman has also developed a kill switch for his Anti Bat gun, which doesn't make it especially useful if he goes rogue. Someone could steal the suit, but it already comes with a remotely activated defibrillator, so you could just disable the thief with that.

Is there a bat rogue that's a really good hacker, who might be able to disable the defibrillator?

I think Tommy must have been panicking a bit, Kate had just discovered him so he had to act fast.

I wonder how Catherine pitched her Batman killing gun to her investors. Batman isn't a threat to her, the police wouldn't want it and couldn't afford it if they did, and he's been missing for years by now. The only people that would need it are his rogues, who are unlikely to walk into her company and while Jacob doesn't like the Bat, I don't think he'd be on board with killing him outright. So who was she going to sell it to?

There are 2 uses that I see. First, wanting to stay ahead of the curve; tech that only Batman has today, others will have tomorrow. Second, shooting people and things that are on the other side of walls that normal armor piercing rounds can't go through.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I agree that while it may have been designed to penetrate the Bat Suit, a gun that can shoot through almost anything has a much wider array of uses than just killing Batman.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

You can just use ordinary heavy weapons for most of that, though.

21. - Top - End - #141

The rail gun pistol is more portable than that stuff, though.

22. - Top - End - #142

The show was renewed (as I think about all of us expected). After the Crowes went full-on secret police hit squad, though, I realized I had hit my limit on trite plot points and was done.

Ruby Rose is done too. I haven't been able to parse out the PR speak yet for why, but I remember back in s1 of Supergirl Melissa Benoist was about to the point of quitting because of the weather in Vancouver (in case you were wondering why she doesn't wear the canon skirt, insulated leggings was part of the deal to get her to stay). I imagine being from Australia, RR likes the cold even less.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: This thread is as dead as Thomas and Martha Wayne.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2