New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Arkum Game Thread

To breaches stackmates, absolutely. The dorf I'd still like to support asking the other questions at least. If nothing else, that will teach us about that particular natural ally, if they choose to talk

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by _Wiz_ View Post
    Harley steps forwards and returns the prisoners glare though her look is more intense and there appears to be fire in her eyes. ”Cut that out!” Harley barks with the force of an order behind her words. ”I have only ever offered you peace and friendship yet you were the ones who attacked my home. If anyone has reason to resent the other then it is me!” Harley declares firmly.

”Now I am not an unreasonable ruler and I understand that you were merely following the orders of the warlord that you were popped with. You can not be blamed for doing what you were popped to do, it was Breach made the decision to attack and it was Breach who got your stack mates and so many others croaked yet you have still croaked good loyal units of Arkum and you now owe Arkum a debt. I will put this bluntly. You will turn to Arkum and repay your debt or this cell will be the last place you see before you croak. “ Harley declares ominously.
    Both the piker and archer stare at you. Seeming to have a hard time. Keeping up with Harleys speech. They continue to stare, but do not answer back.

3. - Top - End - #423

GnomeWizardGuy

Harley sighed slightly at the lack of response from the prisoners, if anything they now looked a little confused. ’Infantry... they can be so simple at times...’ Harley thought to herself with some resignation.

”You will turn to Arkum!” Harley declares with the force of an order deciding to keep things simple. After waiting a moment to see if they would comply Harley then spoke once again. ”If not now then soon. Perhaps some time in the cell will convince you to turn...” Harley then declares before spinning on the spot and marching out of sight.

Harley then goes over to the cell holding the darfs. Approaching the cell she moves close enough so that she can be seen and waits to see how the darfs will react to her presence.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-04-06 at 07:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

+1

5. - Top - End - #425

Harley sighed slightly at the lack of response from the prisoners, if anything they now looked a little confused. ’Infantry... they can be so simple at times...’ Harley thought to herself with some resignation.

”You will turn to Arkum!” Harley declares with the force of an order deciding to keep things simple. After waiting a moment to see if they would comply Harley then spoke once again. ”If not now then soon. Perhaps some time in the cell will convince you to turn...” Harley then declares before spinning on the spot and marching out of sight.

Harley then goes over to the cell holding the darfs. Approaching the cell she moves close enough so that she can be seen and waits to see how the darfs will react to her presence.

The infsntry doesnt respond turning around Harley faces the darfs. The one who surrendered before for stares at Harley waiting.

6. - Top - End - #426

"Hello, I am Harley, Queen Shockamancer of Arkum. Would you tell me your name?" she calmly starts

EDIT

"First, let me say 'no hard feelings' from our part. Your Chief choose to attack us and he paid the ultimate price." she matter-of-factedly continues

EDIT2
    "I'm curious, I noticed you brought just enough rations to make it here. Was conquering Arkum a 'do or croak' mission?" She politely inquires

EDIT 3
    "As we currently have two Natural Ally alliances we won't ask for your allegiance, but we don't seem your annihilation either. Would you help me understand how Darfs usually survive when unallied?
    - If we release you here, can you survive?
    - If we release you in a hill hex can you mine? (Enough for upkeep? Do you need Move to mine)?"
    She slowly asks
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-04-07 at 01:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #427

GnomeWizardGuy

[I’d suggest changing the wording very slightly so it reads as follows]

"I do not believe we have ever been properly introduced I am Queen Harley Tesla, Shockamancer and Queen of Arkum. Would you tell me your name?" Harley calmly starts.

"First, let me say I do not blame you for your part in the attack. Your Chief choose to attack us most likely under the poor advice of Warlord Breach and they both paid the ultimate price." Harley matter-of-factedly states.

"I'm curious though, I noticed you brought just enough rations to make it here. Was conquering Arkum a 'do or croak' mission?" Harley politely inquires.

"As we currently have two Natural Ally alliances we won't ask for your allegiance, at this time but we don't seek your annihilation either.”Harley declares. ”Would you help me understand how Darfs usually survive when unallied?
    - If we were to say release you here, could you survive?
    - If we release you in a hill hex can you mine? (Enough for upkeep? Do you need Move to mine)?"
    Harley slowly asks.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-04-07 at 07:12 AM.

8. - Top - End - #428

+1, just changed a comma for clarification

"I do not believe we have ever been properly introduced I am Queen Harley Tesla, Shockamancer and Queen of Arkum. Would you tell me your name?" Harley calmly starts.

"First, let me say I do not blame you for your part in the attack. Your Chief choose to attack us most likely under the poor advice of Warlord Breach and they both paid the ultimate price." Harley matter-of-factedly states.

"I'm curious though, I noticed you brought just enough rations to make it here. Was conquering Arkum a 'do or croak' mission?" Harley politely inquires.

"As we currently have two Natural Ally alliances we won't ask for your allegiance at this time, but we don't seek your annihilation either.” Harley declares. ”Would you help me understand how Darfs usually survive when unallied?
    Harley slowly asks.

9. - Top - End - #429

GnomeWizardGuy

A sleepy +1..........

10. - Top - End - #430

Flinn of the shatter stone tribe

Not a do or croak. You were just underestimated. The tribe was trippled in size just before the attack

"As we currently have two Natural Ally alliances we won't ask for your allegiance at this time, but we don't seek your annihilation either.” Harley declares. ”Would you help me understand how Darfs usually survive when unallied?
    Harley slowly asks.

We mine, we hunt, we forage. Same as most tribes. A reation of two wouldnt go unwelcome if your release us. There is only four of us. Finding enough rations shouldnt be to hard. I thank you for not deciding to whip out my tribe.

11. - Top - End - #431

"I'll let you know I'm sending out a force to clear out and build up the ruined city near the Mine; later I'd take control of the Mine as well. Are there any of your brothers left at the Mine? Will you be able to mine in a Mine hex that is sided? *Are* you able to mine in simple hill hexes?" She asks with a frown of concern

"Also, if there are no Darf Riders left in a tribe can a Darf Warrior become Chief? Does it take Schmuckers for it?"

12. - Top - End - #432

GnomeWizardGuy

(+1 let’s do the talky talky)

13. - Top - End - #433

"I'll let you know I'm sending out a force to clear out and build up the ruined city near the Mine; later I'd take control of the Mine as well. Are there any of your brothers left at the Mine? Will you be able to mine in a Mine hex that is sided? *Are* you able to mine in simple hill hexes?" She asks with a frown of concern

Flinn looks back at his tribe mates before answering

The rest of our tribe is at the mine. For sparing us I will give yoi a warning. We have sent several stacks into the haunted city none have ever returned. While we know there are uncroaked there we are unsure of how many. We will be moving on from the area. Im sure the tribe will be moving on soon. There are mountains to the north we can mine therenis peace.

"Also, if there are no Darf Riders left in a tribe can a Darf Warrior become Chief? Does it take Schmuckers for it?"

A chief doesnt have to be a rider. If a chief is lost the highest level of the tribe normally becomes the next chief.

14. - Top - End - #434

GnomeWizardGuy

”Thankyou Flinn that warning could save good units from croaking” Harley replies with a look of gratitude.

”Perhaps it won’t be necessary for your people to move away completely... we might be able to work out something via Signamancy for an enforceable peace at the very least.” Harley replies. ”And if your tribe are able to make things like those impressive arrows we may be able to support you via trade” Harley suggests. ”We will ofcourse need to speak with your new chief. “ Harley adds.

”I’m afraid we are not in a position to release you this turn but until we are able please consider this a guest suite rather than a prison. I will have some units bring you some better beds and blankets and if there is anything else you need please ask” Harley then declares.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-04-08 at 10:26 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435

a diplomatic +1

16. - Top - End - #436

We forgot Scout J
    Here, I say we move him over there, which enables him to start a repeating circuit next turn that covers the final hole in the 11-move radius of our capital

EDIT
    Stepping out of the dungeon Harley collects her Commanders for a strategy meeting.
    “So! Recapping what is known:
    - The ruins city contains an uncertain number of uncroaked, Howie detected at least 20, 1 Heavy;
    - The ruins city contains an uncertain number of Traps
    We plan on being able to take these 4 stacks to assault it next turn
    ” Harley instructs pointing at the battle map “which will include 7 uncroaked infantry, and likely myself to be decided tomorrow after the scout reports” she enumerates
    Plan A would be, attire Scout Knight Howie with a magical armor (for the +1 against traps), the amulet of healing, the ring of slow falling, and climbing gear. Then we would stay outside the city gates while he would pull unlead units to us: sneak in, spot an uncroaked, reveal himself at a distance and run back to us” she elaborates
    Plan B, if no more units detected, but still hex contested, we move in, single file behind Scout Howie, towards the Garrison of the city, and attempt to capture the city that way.” she finishes
    Finally, my battle power increased exponentially with my level up. When before I could deal 2d6+3 to a single target, now I can deal 2d6+6 to all 8 units of a stack (1d6+3 on a miss), with a +14 bonus to hit over the normal combat, stack and leadership bonuses. To top it all off, with an extra 50 Juice saved in my Hammer, I can discharge two of those blasts a round, for 2 rounds. So while protected by all of you, I can croak 4 stacks at a distance.” she concludes
    Thoughts everyone?” she then prompts

{also lets not forget our standing order - Units with upkeep over 99 that are to spend the turn in field take rations}
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-04-08 at 03:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437

GnomeWizardGuy

+1 to scout J

(I suggest the following slight additions / modifications)

Stepping out of the dungeon Harley collects her Commanders including Spike, Bill, Krippen and Shadow for a strategy meeting. ”Herring you are also more than welcome to join us, your advice on magical matters would be much appreciated” Harley declares.

”Now the reason I have gathered you all together is to discuss our plans and strategy for claiming the city ruins in the hills next turn” Harley begins.

- The ruins city contain an uncertain number of uncroaked, Howie detected at least 20, 1 of which was Heavy;
    ” Harley instructs pointing at the battle map “which will include 7 uncroaked infantry, and since we are now able to field a decent force likely myself aswell to be decided tomorrow after the scout reports” she enumerates. ”Hopefully next turn we will pop another Pudgie and we can use it to scout both the route to the city and the city itself. If we don’t pop a second pudgie we may need to Carny the first against ranged attacks so we can use it to scout with little risk of it being croaked” Harley begins.

Plan A would be, attire Scout Knight Howie with a magical armor (for the +1 against traps), the amulet of healing, the ring of slow falling, and climbing gear. Then we would stay outside the city gates (but inside the hex itself) while he would identify any traps within aswell as to lure any unlead units to us if he can do so safely: sneak in, spot an uncroaked, draw it’s attention or reveal himself at a distance if necessary and run back to us” she elaborates
    Plan B, if no more units detected, but still hex contested, we move in, single file behind Scout Howie, towards the Garrison of the city, and attempt to capture the city that way.” she finishes
    Finally, my battle power increased exponentially with my level up. When before I could deal 2d6+3 to a single target, now I can deal 2d6+6 to all 8 units of a stack (1d6+3 on a miss), with a +14 bonus to hit over the normal combat, stack and leadership bonuses. To top it all off, with an extra 50 Juice saved in my Hammer, I can discharge two of those blasts a round, for 2 rounds. So while protected by all of you, I can croak 4 stacks at a distance. My presence therefore could reduce the casualties we take from any engagements with Uncroaked significantly which I believe makes it worth me being there. ” she concludes
    Thoughts everyone?” she then prompts looking to her Chief warlord Spike in particular.

{also lets not forget our standing order - Units with upkeep over 99 that are to spend the turn in field take rations}
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-04-08 at 08:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438

+1

EDIT:
    Struck by a sudden inspiration Harley quickly pens a note and sends it to Howie
    'Did you spot any Darf uncroaked in the ruins?'
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-04-08 at 05:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439

Farstrider Howie

'Did you spot any Darf uncroaked in the ruins?'

I did see a few darfs as well as a few woofs, a hobby horse and several infantry.

Stepping out of the dungeon Harley collects her Commanders including Spike, Bill, Krippen and Shadow for a strategy meeting. ”Herring you are also more than welcome to join us, your advice on magical matters would be much appreciated” Harley declares.

”Now the reason I have gathered you all together is to discuss our plans and strategy for claiming the city ruins in the hills next turn” Harley begins.

- The ruins city contain an uncertain number of uncroaked, Howie detected at least 20, 1 of which was Heavy;
    ” Harley instructs pointing at the battle map “which will include 7 uncroaked infantry, and since we are now able to field a decent force likely myself aswell to be decided tomorrow after the scout reports” she enumerates. ”Hopefully next turn we will pop another Pudgie and we can use it to scout both the route to the city and the city itself. If we don’t pop a second pudgie we may need to Carny the first against ranged attacks so we can use it to scout with little risk of it being croaked” Harley begins.

Plan A would be, attire Scout Knight Howie with a magical armor (for the +1 against traps), the amulet of healing, the ring of slow falling, and climbing gear. Then we would stay outside the city gates (but inside the hex itself) while he would identify any traps within aswell as to lure any unlead units to us if he can do so safely: sneak in, spot an uncroaked, draw it’s attention or reveal himself at a distance if necessary and run back to us” she elaborates
    Finally, my battle power increased exponentially with my level up. When before I could deal 2d6+3 to a single target, now I can deal 2d6+6 to all 8 units of a stack (1d6+3 on a miss), with a +14 bonus to hit over the normal combat, stack and leadership bonuses. To top it all off, with an extra 50 Juice saved in my Hammer, I can discharge two of those blasts a round, for 2 rounds. So while protected by all of you, I can croak 4 stacks at a distance. My presence therefore could reduce the casualties we take from any engagements with Uncroaked significantly which I believe makes it worth me being there. ” she concludes
    Thoughts everyone?” she then prompts looking to her Chief warlord Spike in particular.

Spike

It would help to know which stack your planning on bringing. Our intel on the city is spotty at best. Letting Howie pull some units seem like it will work. Little more concerned about moving in on the city with so few stacks.

Edit: Krippen and Shadow both nodd.

Herrin

very little in the way of magic advice I can offer. Does seem to be a big risk.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-04-09 at 12:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440

GnomeWizardGuy

”The suggested stacks are recorded right here...” Harley declares pointing to a particular area of the map. ”But would consist of Spike, Shadow, 3 Shaddys, a Stabber, 6 pikers, 2 uncroaked woofs, 1 Uncroaked antz, 1 Uncroaked Anhog, an Uncroaked dire woof, an Uncroaked stone bull, an Uncroaked hobby warhorse, 6 Uncroaked hobby horses, 6 hobby horses and likely myself and 7 units to be Uncroaked next turn most likely woofs and darf crossbowers” Harley lists. ”Oh and we would meet up with Howie ofcourse” she adds.

”I understand your caution Spike, Herring would you be able to check if Spi Glass the lookamancer is available to hire next turn and what his range is with a level two tower” Harley asks. ”Also do you know if Lookamancers or Findamancers or any class of caster have a spell to locate traps?” Harley then asks.

”If the ruins look like they are an unviable target then we may need to switch our attention to the ratz and deal with the threats that are closer to home first” Harley then comments.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-04-09 at 02:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441

+1

22. - Top - End - #442

”The suggested stacks are recorded right here...” Harley declares pointing to a particular area of the map. ”But would consist of Spike, Shadow, 3 Shaddys, a Stabber, 6 pikers, 2 uncroaked woofs, 1 Uncroaked antz, 1 Uncroaked Anhog, an Uncroaked dire woof, an Uncroaked stone bull, an Uncroaked hobby warhorse, 6 Uncroaked hobby horses, 6 hobby horses and likely myself and 7 units to be Uncroaked next turn most likely woofs and darf crossbowers” Harley lists. ”Oh and we would meet up with Howie ofcourse” she adds.

”I understand your caution Spike, Herring would you be able to check if Spi Glass the lookamancer is available to hire next turn and what his range is with a level two tower” Harley asks. ”Also do you know if Lookamancers or Findamancers or any class of caster have a spell to locate traps?” Harley then asks.

”If the ruins look like they are an unviable target then we may need to switch our attention to the ratz and deal with the threats that are closer to home first” Harley then comments.
    Spike

I dont like that a third of our power is hobby horses and another stack is just infantry. We only have three heavies and only one or two counters to heavies I would advise against this attack until we can bring more units and some way to find traps. We could also bring Krippen.

Herring

Herring

Writes two quick notes

Spi glass says with a level two tower he should be able to scan out to 18 hexes. His is avaliable for next turn. He says he can do a deep look of the city for three rands.

Findamancer says there are three options one you could hire him to find traps. He could cast a buff on a unit that would increase thier chance of finding traps. Third a magic item for locating traps.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-04-09 at 03:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #443

Titanic retcon

Shockamancy special ( novice): caster level is doubled for all shockamancy spells when applied to damage of the spell. Shockamancers may fire into melee with no penalties. Caster can also overcharge city towers. An extra 100 juice per level of the tower. This over charge must be in the form of hung spells not raw juice.

Shockamancy special ( Adept): caster level is Tripled for all shockamancy spells when applied to damage of the spell. Shockamancers may fire into melee with no penalties. Caster can also overcharge city towers. An extra 100 juice per level of the tower. This over charge must be in the form of hung spells not raw juice.

Croakamancy Special (Novice): Caster may add thier level ×2 to the duration of any unit uncroaked. Provides a leadership bonus equal to Half caster level to uncroaked in casters stack.

Now why am I doing this. Before the retcon Harley had a +18 to hit with no stack bonus. This is almost double what spike your chief warlord has to hit with an axe. After the change Harley will still have a +10 ( or 8 with area effect spells) still higher than than spike before you factor in his leadership bonus and equal if you do add his bonus. This doesnt effect Harley damage. Harley will still outright destroy most unled stacks.

24. - Top - End - #444

GnomeWizardGuy

”Thankyou Chief, if you feel that strongly I fear we may have to postpone the attack” Harley replies with a thoughtful look.

”Please inform Spi, that we would definitely like to hire him next turn. Also could you ask if he is able to perform two deep looks a turn? If necessary we can provide extra juice if he is a little short” Harley then replies to Herring.

”Please let the findamancer know that in the coming turns we would definitely want to hire them for one of the three options. Would he need to be present in the trapped hex to detect them or could he cast at range?” Harley questions. ”Could he also provide the price of all three options...” Harley then asks.

25. - Top - End - #445

+1

26. - Top - End - #446

”Thankyou Chief, if you feel that strongly I fear we may have to postpone the attack” Harley replies with a thoughtful look.

”Please inform Spi, that we would definitely like to hire him next turn. Also could you ask if he is able to perform two deep looks a turn? If necessary we can provide extra juice if he is a little short” Harley then replies to Herring.

”Please let the findamancer know that in the coming turns we would definitely want to hire them for one of the three options. Would he need to be present in the trapped hex to detect them or could he cast at range?” Harley questions. ”Could he also provide the price of all three options...” Harley then asks.
    I will answer this one since it has not direct commitments

Spike will nod lookong pleased. You also notice Krippen give him a slight nodd of approval.

Herring

Spi Glass says he can do up to three deeplooks a turn out of his own juice.

Findamancer options

Direct intervention: will use a summon with trap finding abilities. Its effectiveness will depend just how far the summon will have to move. Price 7 rands

Buff: will have to be cast on the unit(s) cast four minor buffs on four units or 1 major buff on one unit: price 2 rands

One time use item: will give a bonus to trap finding for one turn: 3 randa

Item: price will vary but atleast 10 rands half up front. Price will depend on how effective the item is. This will take a few turns to craft so need to know up front.

27. - Top - End - #447

GnomeWizardGuy

”Herring can you please thank the findamancer for their time and let them know we will confirm which option we would like to go for next turn.” Harley requests.

Harley then suppresses a shudder. ”I guess we must deal with the dirty dirtamancer now...” she declares with a look of dread. ”Herring if it wouldn’t be too much of an imposition would you mind taking another 15 rations in to the Magic Kingdom and having them converted to rands?” Harley asks as she mentally orders Crud to harvest the last two soldier antz for rations and their chitin. ”And then would you confirm with the dirtamancer that we would like to hire him for the road this turn and if possible get him to sign one of our NDAs before coming through the portal” Harley asks with an apologetic look.

Returning her attention to her commanders Harley then grins. ”Ok if we’re not attacking the ruins next turn I suggest we make use of our forces elsewhere!” She declares. ”I suggest we hunt the monkeys that we scouted in the heavy forest. Once the road is built we should be able to bring the majority of our forces on the hunt and still get them back to the city or the farm afterwards... any objections?” Harley then questions. ”Krippen you are more than welcome to join us if you would like to try out your new ability against a relatively soft target...” Harley then offers.

28. - Top - End - #448

+1

29. - Top - End - #449

”Herring can you please thank the findamancer for their time and let them know we will confirm which option we would like to go for next turn.” Harley requests.

Harley then suppresses a shudder. ”I guess we must deal with the dirty dirtamancer now...” she declares with a look of dread. ”Herring if it wouldn’t be too much of an imposition would you mind taking another 15 rations in to the Magic Kingdom and having them converted to rands?” Harley asks as she mentally orders Crud to harvest the last two soldier antz for rations and their chitin. ”And then would you confirm with the dirtamancer that we would like to hire him for the road this turn and if possible get him to sign one of our NDAs before coming through the portal” Harley asks with an apologetic look.

Returning her attention to her commanders Harley then grins. ”Ok if we’re not attacking the ruins next turn I suggest we make use of our forces elsewhere!” She declares. ”I suggest we hunt the monkeys that we scouted in the heavy forest. Once the road is built we should be able to bring the majority of our forces on the hunt and still get them back to the city or the farm afterwards... any objections?” Harley then questions. ”Krippen you are more than welcome to join us if you would like to try out your new ability against a relatively soft target...” Harley then offers.

Herring gives a nodd

I fine with that however in the future it might raise questions if I keep going back several times a turn.

-15 rations
    + 12 rands

Krippen

I think I will remain. May step outside the city while you are out. Practice a bit there.

Spike looks resigned to his rulers actions. You see him glance at Krippen for support. Not finding any he signs but says nothing.

You recive a message from Herring. Just after recieving a new NDA for the side

I have dirtamancer Ding Dogg outside the portal he is insisting on a NAP before crossing the portal.

30. - Top - End - #450

GnomeWizardGuy

”I understand, in future we will try and limit it to a maximum of one trip to the bank a turn” Harley replies with a grateful smile.

”That’s fine Krippen but please could you manage the city before you go. I presume you will only be going one hex out and won’t require a mount or anything?” Harley then asks.

”Spike you are my Chief Warlord, I value your input if you have concerns please raise them” Harley declares as she turns to face Spike.

Receiving the message from Herring Harley sends a request for a NAP with Ding Dogg before rising to her feet. ”Spike, Shadow if you would join me at the portal room too meet the dirtamancer...” Harley then declares before heading down.