New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536373853 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Arkum Game Thread

I think I'd prefer to sit out on the first one, betting wise. If sir rush is an agility fighter, which is likely with a two weapon fighter, sir smash will just wear themselves out or get cut down bit by bit. I'd like to see how things are handled first, if we can bet on later fights after the first fight, anyway

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

While Harley declines betting on the first round. Dee pipes up

Two Rands on Sir Smash!

The waitress takes out a small signamancy booklet. Making a quick note of the bet and having Dee sign it. Dee is then handed a copy of the betting slip. As Dee tries to transpher her rands the woman holds up her hand

No need VIP guests handle their accounts at the end of the evening. I will be back over after the first round. It should be starting shortly. Enjoy the show!

As the pair wait Harley notices a caster standing towards the end of the second floor he has a small box in his hands with a clear glass orb in the end pointed down towards the fighting pit.

Harley then notices a caster step out into the ring. Who is clearly some form of stageamancer. As he steps out the lights dim. In the guest sections. Leaving only him illuminated.

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to fight night!

There is a loud cheer from below after the voices dim the caster continues.

We have quite a show for you tonight. Our first match presented to you by Master Carrion.

The caster raises his hand motioning to a private box on the second floor which light up to reveal master Carrion. Who stands and waves to the crowd. Harley then notices there are now over twenty caster on the second floor. As the light around him dim the stagemaster continues.

Our first is between Sir Rush

With a raise of his hand an area of the pit lights up revealing a knight wielding two hand axes the knight is walking the circle hopping from one foot to another spinning his axes as he goes. The knight is clearly an uncroaked, but acting much more like a showman than Harley would have thought possiable. There is also a limited foolamancy sheen to him making him seem much more alive.

And Sir Smash!

As the area around Sir Smash is light a Large Knight with a wicked looking axe steps forward bellowing up at the crowd. Again the uncroaked seems much more alive than it should. The rest of the pit lights up

Knights to your places. Lets get ready to rummmbbblllleeeeeeee!

The Knights charge as the Stagemaster steps out.

Smash lives up to his name smashing his axe into the floor with his first hit. While Rush dances about dealing light hits as he goes. The combatants dance around alot more than you would in a real fight. Playing off the crowd. But it is still a brutal fight. It all seems to be going Rushs way until a quick back hand from Smash sends Rush crashing into the wall. Smash moves in for the dusting, but with a quick flip. Rush ends up behind Smash removing the Knights head dusting him.

And our winner by dusting is Sssiiirrr Rush. Next match will be in twenty.

As Dee mutter under her breath
    Im never lucky at these things.

The lights come back up and the servers start making their rounds again

How did you like the fight, can I get you anything.

3. - Top - End - #813

GnomeWizardGuy

Harley smiles as Dee makes her bet idly thinking to herself that if she had made a wager she would have placed it on Sir Rush.

”This whole event is surprisingly well put together” Harley comments to Dee. ”Are there many other forms of entertainment in the MK?” Harley then asks curiously.

”Is that all foolamancy and stagemancy or is there anything different about their uncroaking?” Harley whispers to Dee when the two knights come out.

Harley then relaxes somewhat and let’s herself enjoy the show as the two Uncroaked clash. Part of her had to wander though was this actually a real fight or was it all a choreographed performance?

Once the battle was over Harley offered a polite round of applause before turning to look at Dee.

”Don’t worry Dee the night is young, I’m sure you will have better luck...” Harley declares patting the croakamancer on the shoulder.

”Speaking of luck... I think I’m going to back the luckamancer on the next one...” Harley then declares.

”It was very entertaining” Harley replies to the server. ”Could I put one hundred shmuckers on Lady Rollette please...” Harley then asks.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Bugbear in the Playground

+1-&_&56_£_&&'&

5. - Top - End - #815

Harley smiles as Dee makes her bet idly thinking to herself that if she had made a wager she would have placed it on Sir Rush.

”This whole event is surprisingly well put together” Harley comments to Dee. ”Are there many other forms of entertainment in the MK?” Harley then asks curiously.

Dee looks on sipping her drink
    Nothing like this. There are concerts, bars, debates, thing like that.

”Is that all foolamancy and stagemancy or is there anything different about their uncroaking?” Harley whispers to Dee when the two knights come out.

Harley then relaxes somewhat and let’s herself enjoy the show as the two Uncroaked clash. Part of her had to wander though was this actually a real fight or was it all a choreographed performance?

Carrion employs several other casters including a few croakamancers. I've worked a few turns for him. Those two are being puppeted by a pair of croakamancers. However, Master Carrion offers a bonus to the winner. So I dont think there is much chance of cheating.

Once the battle was over Harley offered a polite round of applause before turning to look at Dee.

”Don’t worry Dee the night is young, I’m sure you will have better luck...” Harley declares patting the croakamancer on the shoulder.

Dee shrugs ordering another drink before the next round starts.

”Speaking of luck... I think I’m going to back the luckamancer on the next one...” Harley then declares.

”It was very entertaining” Harley replies to the server. ”Could I put one hundred shmuckers on Lady Rollette please...” Harley then asks.

She writes Harley out a quick ticket handing her a copy. Dee passes on this round.

Good luck

The lights dim as as the stageamancer steps out again
    Ladies and Gentlemen. It is my honor to present a battle of Fate vs. Luck. May I present Master Horus and Lady Lottie!

Both caster are standing on the second floor directly across from one another. Their stacks directly below them. Master Horus is a well dressed man with a large necklace. His stack seems to be entirely made of melee four pikers and four stabber. Lady Lottie is a short woman with a sparkly Green dress. Her stack is a little different. Four pikers with large shields and short spears. With two stabbers and two archers.

AND FIGHT!

The stacks both charge. Harley can see the difference right away. Both stacks act more like normal uncroaked than the previous fight. However then the magic happens! While most of Horus forces act normal. One of them seems to more with unnatural grace always seeming to find it mark on the enemy. Lottie front rank is different while they cant seem to connect with the enemy. A shield or shaft of a spear always seems to block an incoming attack. Lottie seems to be focusing on her archers to deal damage. While Horus seems to focus on one focused attack each round. The battle seems even. After four rounds. Both side having lost two pikers each. Lottie maybe doing a little better with the two archers but not by much. Round 5 they both seem to cut loose. Both poaring juice into the battle. All of Horus front rank seem to flow past the front ranks defenses all scoring hits. Lotties forces however. Both archers and both stabbers score hits. While the remaining pikers seem to leap onto the enemies swords. When the dust clears Horus has a single stabber and piker remaining. While Lottie has a single stabber and two archers. Both caster seem low on juice. Casting very little in the three remaining rounds. Lottie wins with only a single damaged archer still on its feet.

Lottie give the crowd a big grin stoping to wave at the box and crstal ball. While Horus looks stunned

And the winning is Lady Lottie! Please give a round of applause for both casters what an amazing match! Next match in 15!

The servers again start making their rounds.

6. - Top - End - #816

GnomeWizardGuy

”Hmmm I wonder if we should think about putting on some forms of entertainment in Arkum...” Harley idly comments at the mention of the kinds of things you could do for fun in the magic kingdom.

”Really... have you ever done the puppeting during an event like this?” Harley asks.

Harley then returns her attention to the arena as the next battle begins finding the multi stack battle much more interesting due to the fact that she could compare the tactics used by both stacks to the ones her own forces used. ’I really should invest in some of those large shields...’ Harley idly thought to herself as the shield bearers fended off the attacks while the archers picked off their targets.

At the end of the battle Harley grinned. ”That was a close one but I guess I made the right choice Harley comments.

When the server comes back round Harley orders a chocolate before returning her attention to the list of matches. ”Hmmm I think I prefer the sound of Sir Step for this one. 100 shmuckers on Sir Step to win” Harley then declares.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-05-28 at 04:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #817

”Hmmm I wonder if we should think about putting on some forms of entertainment in Arkum...” Harley idly comments at the mention of the kinds of things you could do for fun in the magic kingdom.

”Really... have you ever done the puppeting during an event like this?” Harley asks.

Once Herring says I have real talent to. Its kind of fun, but not something I would wsnt to do full time.

Harley then returns her attention to the arena as the next battle begins finding the multi stack battle much more interesting due to the fact that she could compare the tactics used by both stacks to the ones her own forces used. ’I really should invest in some of those large shields...’ Harley idly thought to herself as the shield bearers fended off the attacks while the archers picked off their targets.

At the end of the battle Harley grinned. ”That was a close one but I guess I made the right choice Harley comments.

Dee gives you a nodd That was a good fight

When the server comes back round Harley orders a chocolate before returning her attention to the list of matches. ”Hmmm I think I prefer the sound of Sir Step for this one. 100 shmuckers on Sir Step to win” Harley then declares.

Dee I will put 2 rands on Sir slash

The server writes out the ticket and passes them both to yoe she return with your drink orders quickly.

Dee takes a deep drink of her third cup before giving Harley a big smile.

Whated to thank you Harley, never thought I would. Be up in the VIP section. I was suprised when you asked me instead of Herring. I know we get along and crack jokes. Like that one about you making me chief caster of your side. Harley just catches a quick nervous glance from Dee before she continuesAny way thanks.

Just then the stagenmaster steps out and the lights dim again

Ladies and gentlemen our next match is presented by the house of games. May I present Sir Step and Sir Slash!

With a wave of his hand lights appear around both knights. Again these uncroaked seem a bit more lively. Sir Step is wielding a spear. As the lights appear. He does a fancy little two step and a little spin using his spear as a brace. Sir slash is holding a large sword. He does a few fancy sword tricks. Before coming to rest facing Sir Step.

The winner of this match will face Sir Rush in game six! Fighters take your places. Ready! Let get it on!

Sir Slash charges in as Sir Step begins to dance fight. Stepping wide as sword comes in. Both knights exchange blows for several rounds but no one lands a hit. Step continues to dance around Slash delivering quick jabs with his spear but never finding a mark. While Slash's wide swings always seem to be in the wrong place. Finally slash manages to connecting. Taking a gash out of Step's arm. Step then drives his spear into the other knights chest.

Slash brings his sword down, but with a quick skip of his feet. Step ends up behind slash pining the other knight to the ground before dusting him!

Ans the winner is Sir Step. What an upset ladies and Gentlemen. Stay tuned everyone our dollamancer expedition is up next!

8. - Top - End - #818

At the mention of 'jokes' Harley takes Dee's forearm and squeezes it looking her in the eyes levely "It's no joke. Join the side and you'll have the autonomy of Chief Caster." She says seriously, releasing her with a little tap as the stageamancer shows up again "Uu It's starting again" she interjects excitedly, relieving the tension

9. - Top - End - #819

GnomeWizardGuy

”Dee you found me Master Carrion and that was why we got the tickets in the first place... who else would I have brought?” Harley declares with a grin before reaching out and putting a hand on Dee’s shoulder. Harley then lowers her voice so that only Dee can hear her. ”But I was deadly serious, I want you as Chief Caster but more importantly I want you as part of the side. Maybe you don’t realise but without you we would have been a lot weaker right about now...” Harley says quietly. ”Us naughties have got to stick together afterall, right?” Harley then adds with a grin.

”Don’t get me wrong I like Herring aswell and he has done a lot for the side too but I’m sure with his connections if he wanted to come he could have procured a ticket somehow...” Harley adds her voice returning to its normal level.

After watching the battle Harley then grins once again. It had been another close fight but fortunately she had picked the correct side once again.

”Hmmm I think we should show our support to May in this next one...” Harley comments.

”300 shmuckers on May Stitch to win” Harley declares as the server comes back round deciding to reinvest the money she had won so far.

10. - Top - End - #820

sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

11. - Top - End - #821

AssassinGuy

Sure, it's may's fight. I'll sign off on betting our winnings.

12. - Top - End - #822

b]”Dee you found me Master Carrion and that was why we got the tickets in the first place... who else would I have brought?”[/b] Harley declares with a grin before reaching out and putting a hand on Dee’s shoulder. Harley then lowers her voice so that only Dee can hear her. ”But I was deadly serious, I want you as Chief Caster but more importantly I want you as part of the side. Maybe you don’t realise but without you we would have been a lot weaker right about now...” Harley says quietly. ”Us naughties have got to stick together afterall, right?” Harley then adds with a grin.

Finishing her third drink.
    That true its nice to have a boss who is also a naughtymancer. So if I joined the side I would have a few conditions. My stuff remains mine. Second no more foolish risk Harley, third I want some kind of croakamancy focus at some point.

”Don’t get me wrong I like Herring aswell and he has done a lot for the side too but I’m sure with his connections if he wanted to come he could have procured a ticket somehow...” Harley adds her voice returning to its normal level.

After watching the battle Harley then grins once again. It had been another close fight but fortunately she had picked the correct side once again.

”Hmmm I think we should show our support to May in this next one...” Harley comments.

”300 shmuckers on May Stitch to win” Harley declares as the server comes back round deciding to reinvest the money she had won so far.

I think I will bet with you two rands on May

The server again takes your bids and bring another round of drinks.

Ladies and gentlemen we now bring you a show of craft and skill two Heavy golems of their own design. First we have May stitch.

May is standing at one end of the second floor waving. Below her is a large black scorpion. With what look like a large crossbow for a tail.

And Hemp Hill!

A well dress man in a very sharp suit stands on the otherside. Below him is a large green turtle. Its head almost completely in its shell.

Alright Dollamancers give us a show! Lets get it on!

The turtle lumbers forward. While the scorpion takes aim with the crossbow. As the bolt launches it ditto becoming two bolts. However both bolts bounce off the turtle shell. The turtle head snaps out cutting deep into the scorpion. The scorpion is able to attack with both claws each round. But the hardness and high defense of the snapping turtle is to much for Mays golem. After four round. May doll is destroyed having dealt some damage to the turtle.

13. - Top - End - #823

GnomeWizardGuy

”Dee none of those are even issues...” Harley replies with a smile before lowering her voice once again. ”Your things would ofcourse remain yours. I have no intention of taking any unnecessary risks now that we have a respectable army and I have already talked to Anna about making focus items and you would ofcourse be at the top of the list.” Harley declares.

14. - Top - End - #824

+11111111111111111

15. - Top - End - #825

Quote Originally Posted by _Wiz_ View Post
    ”Dee none of those are even issues...” Harley replies with a smile before lowering her voice once again. ”Your things would ofcourse remain yours. I have no intention of taking any unnecessary risks now that we have a respectable army and I have already talked to Anna about making focus items and you would ofcourse be at the top of the list.” Harley declares.
    Great, I just have to let Herring know. I dont think it will be a problem. However its still a courtesy. Dee takes a top hat oit of her bag and begins searching for a pen and paper. Because of this. Harley doesnt notice that someone has joined them at thier table until she hears them speak.

Queen Harley Tesla of Arkum, it so nice to meet you.

Sitting next to Harley, is a rather tall, very striking woman with flowing red hair.

My name is Mars I thought it was time for us to meet.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-05-29 at 05:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826

AssassinGuy

May I inquire into Mars' signamancy?

17. - Top - End - #827

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy411 View Post
    May I inquire into Mars' signamancy?
    Tall, long red hair, she carrys no weapon that you can see. You see no sign of scars or anything. Bright blue eyes. Her clothes give the illusion of being armored. Are tight but still give her full coverage.

18. - Top - End - #828

GnomeWizardGuy

Harley turns to face their uninvited guest and for a moment gives her a rather blank look. ”Please just call me Harley” the outed ruler responds politely. ”Is there something I can do for you or were you just hoping to share a drink?” Harley then declares.

19. - Top - End - #829

+11111111111111111

20. - Top - End - #830

Harley turns to face their uninvited guest and for a moment gives her a rather blank look. ”Please just call me Harley” the outed ruler responds politely. ”Is there something I can do for you or were you just hoping to share a drink?” Harley then declares.
    She gives you a big grin before answering

Now a few things before you worry to much. First I have placed a screen around us. To everyone else we are smiling, laughing, and drinking like old friends. Waving off an attendents. Second I'm a friend, well my king wishes to be anyway Mars pauses to take a long drink before speaking.

Anyway your existance has come to the attention of some very powerful sides. I'm sure you have heard the rumbles in the mk about you and felt thier first moves. Breach was only the start. I do know they have taken a city near you only a few turns ago.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-05-30 at 01:15 AM.

21. - Top - End - #831

GnomeWizardGuy

”I see...” Harley replies as she glances around to confirm that no one was paying them any particular extra attention.

”Well as a would be friend perhaps you would like to tell us who your king is, the name of his side, and why he has taken an interest in us...” Harley declares.

”And do these sides have names?” Harley questions ”And how close is this city?” Harley asks.

22. - Top - End - #832

+1.........

23. - Top - End - #833

”I see...” Harley replies as she glances around to confirm that no one was paying them any particular extra attention.

”Well as a would be friend perhaps you would like to tell us who your king is, the name of his side, and why he has taken an interest in us...” Harley declares.

”And do these sides have names?” Harley questions ”And how close is this city?” Harley asks.
    Well my Kings ia Flos ruler of Reimier. As for your enemies. Well a forest city was captured by the Empire of Motes a few turns ago. They captured two casters during the battle. Their ruled by an intellegent golem of some kind. Most of the sides troops are made up of these golems as well. Your mostly in their way, no real grudge beyond that. The other side that gunning for you is Winstrum. Their ruler is a natural caster that was promoted to Heir. His biggest issuie is he hate that you can enter the magic kingdom and he is still denied that right. His side has few actual casters, but he has alot of natural casters of all kinds.

24. - Top - End - #834

GnomeWizardGuy

At the news that pointed towards the frozen Barbarian city having been captured and therefore Burtrum having been taken prisoner for a second time Harley pinches the bridge of her nose. ”I believe I know what city you are referring to...” she replies slowly.

The empire of the Motes however did not sound as though they were targeting them in particular but merely expanding their borders. The news of Winstrum however made Harley scowl. ”That is the stupidest most petty thing I have ever heard...” Harley declares.

”Not that I do not appreciate having friends but where does Reimier fit in to all of this and how did you even know I was going to be here tonight?” Harley asks.

25. - Top - End - #835

+12357800hfjf

26. - Top - End - #836

At the news that pointed towards the frozen Barbarian city having been captured and therefore Burtrum having been taken prisoner for a second time Harley pinches the bridge of her nose. ”I believe I know what city you are referring to...” she replies slowly.

The empire of the Motes however did not sound as though they were targeting them in particular but merely expanding their borders. The news of Winstrum however made Harley scowl. ”That is the stupidest most petty thing I have ever heard...” Harley declares.

”Not that I do not appreciate having friends but where does Reimier fit in to all of this and how did you even know I was going to be here tonight?” Harley asks.
    Mar gives you a quick grin

Well I wont share all of a secrets, however Reimier has its own problems with both of those sides. My King decided to give you a warning. We do know that Winstrum and the Empire of Motes are allied. We belive that Winstrum sent a few stacks to assist. The empire in taking the forest city.

27. - Top - End - #837

GnomeWizardGuy

”Well then I guess you have our thanks for the warning...” Harley declares. ”If we do indeed share common enemies it would be good to stay in contact, do you have a preferred method of communication?” Harley asks. ”Also any information regarding their relative size, strengths and weaknesses would also be much appreciated.” Harley adds.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-05-31 at 10:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #838

+11111111111111111

29. - Top - End - #839

”Well then I guess you have our thanks for the warning...” Harley declares. ”If we do indeed share common enemies it would be good to stay in contact, do you have a preferred method of communication?” Harley asks. ”Also any information regarding their relative size, strengths and weaknesses would also be much appreciated.” Harley adds.

A way of contacting us will arrive next turn. As for strength and weakness. Well the Empire of Motes has atleast ten cities. While Winstrum has around five. We havnt directly engaged their sides yet. However they are backing other sides that are engaging us. Im sure the empire will march on you in a few turns.

Mars turns to glance at the fight.

sorry for making you miss the match looks like ot was a good one. Well it seems someone has notices you and is Approching. I will take my leave. Good luck.

Mars pops out of the chair and walks away. Harley notices that game 5 is nearing its end and that May is approching her table.

30. - Top - End - #840

GnomeWizardGuy

Harley frowns as she takes in the information, the prospect of facing two sides at once one with around ten cities and the other with around five while she currently held only one was not a good one. ”Thankyou for the information, you have given me much to think about...” Harley replies as Mars makes a move to leave.

Spotting May approaching Harley then does her best to smile. ”May that was an impressive golem you had down there!” Harley declares as the dollamancer approaches. ”It is a shame you lost but I could see that scorpion of yours doing heavy damage against regular infantry.” Harley adds with a smile.