New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Arkum Game Thread

Question 1: As a third level Shockamancer how many spells can we fire from the tower in a round?

Question 2: What is the caster bonus of our tower?

My counter suggestion;

Herring my friend. I trust your opinion and as such I would prefer to hire someone that you trust rather than someone that you do not. If your novice contact knows any spells more damaging than Fire Blast or Energy Shot then consider her hired!

Thankyou

Harley

2. - Top - End - #92

Question 1: As a third level Shockamancer how many spells can we fire from the tower in a round?

As Harley examines the tower she learns a few things.

She could release every spell stored in the tower in one round. However for each spell beyond the first that is released there is a reduction in accuracy. Also it seems she cant target the same target more than once a round.

Question 2: What is the caster bonus of our tower?

+2 on caster level check

Since two of you seem divided I will wait for a consences or for some guy to make the call.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well f*k

We were assuming 2 spells per round at the same target

Then we don't need tower charging at all. What we need is another caster throwing hobokens (or better) at the same target.

What we need is battle pay.

Herring my friend, sorry for asking to talk to casters without having a definite yes for them :(, this looming Capital fight has me forgetting what you taught me about being tactful with MK people.
    Not only that, I just realized I'm already flush for Juice! What I need is more casters willing to accept battle pay.

We only currently have 1977s in the treasury. And we need to hire Dee for the battle, she was invaluable last time, and this time she should be even more useful (against easy to uncroak humanoids). But last time she asked for 500s plus loot, so I'm thinking we may only have 1477s leeway.

She does not know us, so she can't trust us. But does she trust you? (Can you help her believe that we're good on our word?)

We're willing to have her (and others) on permanent contract similar to you, Dee and Anna:

- Upkeep for all turns while we may live
    - 250s if lvl1, 300s if lvl2 for all turns where she wishes to be hired and we have need of her

If she accepts that, then we'd pay whatever we can in battle pay. Double pay and a share of the loot (there is a Barbarian warlord and a Chief Darf coming) would be ideal, but you have all our treasury and larder (18 farm rations) [and 2 shockamany scrolls] as leeway.

You may slot some of that for Signamancy contracts if helpful.

hug,
    H ⚡

PS: (It occurs to me that I should also guarantee we won't block exit to the MK at any time. Battle pay casters we trust have the trust to make their own judgement in regards to when the risk to their persons has become too great)

Hopefully Herring truly likes us, and believes our survival is in his best interest

And with the Hammer to transfer Juice between casters, extra Juice in slow turns will always be useful

EDIT: W77 Harley imagines herself targeting a tower spell at a mount, and another at the mounted unit, at the same time. Does she feel she could pull that off, or does she feel the targets would be too close together for the needed fine tower control?
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-07 at 12:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by WurmD View Post

EDIT: W77 Harley imagines herself targeting a tower spell at a mount, and another at the mounted unit, at the same time. Does she feel she could pull that off, or does she feel the targets would be too close together for the needed fine tower control?
    Harley is unsure it more an overload of firing arcs than a targeting problem. She is leaning towards no but will only really know at the time of battle.

Harley to master Herring

Herring my friend, sorry for asking to talk to casters without having a definite yes for them :(, this looming Capital fight has me forgetting what you taught me about being tactful with MK people.
    Not only that, I just realized I'm already flush for Juice! What I need is more casters willing to accept battle pay.

We only currently have 1977s in the treasury. And we need to hire Dee for the battle, she was invaluable last time, and this time she should be even more useful (against easy to uncroak humanoids). But last time she asked for 500s plus loot, so I'm thinking we may only have 1477s leeway.

She does not know us, so she can't trust us. But does she trust you? (Can you help her believe that we're good on our word?)

We're willing to have her (and others) on permanent contract similar to you, Dee and Anna:

- Upkeep for all turns while we may live
    - 250s if lvl1, 300s if lvl2 for all turns where she wishes to be hired and we have need of her

If she accepts that, then we'd pay whatever we can in battle pay. Double pay and a share of the loot (there is a Barbarian warlord and a Chief Darf coming) would be ideal, but you have all our treasury and larder (18 farm rations) [and 2 shockamany scrolls] as leeway.

You may slot some of that for Signamancy contracts if helpful.

hug,
    H ⚡

PS: (It occurs to me that I should also guarantee we won't block exit to the MK at any time. Battle pay casters we trust have the trust to make their own judgement in regards to when the risk to their persons has become too great)

Well Harley I talked with Dee she is will to accept a contract of 500 shmuckers, 3 rations and her choice of 1 loot. However since your fighting a warlord she is unsure if there will be loot she would want. In that situation she would like for you to pay for a custom item made by May or Anna for her. If you can agree to that she is willing to accept the contract assuming it isnt a hopeless battle.

As for Lee Bolt the shockamancer I told you about she is unsure of taking a combat role on such short notice. However she mentioned she has a few spells she could teach you ( I mentioned that the sides caster is a shockamancer) that could help with the up coming battle she is firm on the 1k however. ( I did the best I could, but could only push so far without knowledge of what your facing)

I also have a few spell that may assist in the battle if your intrested

5. - Top - End - #95

W78. What level will a Fireblast in the tower have? The caster level at charging, or caster level at discharging?

W79. Will a Fireblast cast by Harly in tower deal 1d6+5 on hit?

6. - Top - End - #96

W78. What level will a Fireblast in the tower have? The caster level at charging, or caster level at discharging?

The stored tower spells seems to be at the level of when it was stored.

W79. Will a Fireblast cast by Harly in tower deal 1d6+5 on hit?

Yes

7. - Top - End - #97

In the meanwhile

"Crud, where did you get the metal in your club from? Can you fabricate raw materials?" Harley offhandedly asks

8. - Top - End - #98

In the meanwhile

"Crud, where did you get the metal in your club from? Can you fabricate raw materials?" Harley offhandedly asks

"Croaked so green guis took thier axes" to the second question he shrugs. Like maka iron? No need stuf to maka stuf"

9. - Top - End - #99

Okay, shall we meet Lee? And plan the battle with Dee?

Come along with them both and bring a NDA for Lee, will you Herring?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Given we can't get direct firepower...what about other options? Mass buffs? debuffs? I still would like to know if we can simply make all dorfs in hex a little weaker with a hex rule. A rhyme or change for squad or hex wide buffs to us would be pretty good too

11. - Top - End - #101

GnomeWizardGuy

Question: If Dee was to use her juice now would she get it back at dawn and therefore have her juice back ready for the barbarian’s turn?

I’d suggest;

We’d like to hire both Dee and Lee and we would also like discuss what spells you personally have to offer (and maybe other options). Could the three of you meet us in Arkum to discuss preparations and plans for the battle.

Thanks

Harley

12. - Top - End - #102

+1

We asked before, when do their turn starts, and they said they can *choose* to start their turn with ours
    https://forums.erfworld.com/viewtopi...254909#p254909

W79. A missed Fireblast by Harley on tower will deal 1d3+2 or +3?

It would be nice to know more about Rhymeomancy options, but how to find out given the present conversation?
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-07 at 05:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

You get a message frok Herring

Coming through now. I will take a scroll or 3 rations for the NDA.

Both Dee and Herring walk through giving you a small bow. Behind them is a young looking woman with short electric blue hair. Her clothes almost seem to be armored. She is carrying a large spear.

Herring

" Queen Harley may I present Shockamancer Lee Bolt"

Lee also gives you a small bow.

W79. A missed Fireblast by Harley on tower will deal 1d3+2 or +3?

Damage is rolled normally then rounded down to half.

It would be nice to know more about Rhymeomancy options, but how to find out given the present conversation?

Seems like something you should ask Herring about :)
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-07 at 07:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

W80. Do you confirm that Harley felt, that when she unleashes more than one spell from the tower, *the first spell is accurate* while the rest have accuracy penalties?

- 50 Juice or 3 rations for the NDA? I say Juice
    - Do we give 1 free ration to Lee, as if she had taken our contract? I say yes

We only have 18 rations and we might not get farm rations tomorrow, and we have
    ten >100s upkeep units,
    five 40s units
    and then a boat load of 35s units

"Greetings!" Harley steps forward to clasp Lee's forearm "A pleasure to finally meet another member of team Shock!" she then motions backwards to the 'breakfast' table "Come everyone, let us make ourselves comfortable. Thanks for coming Dee, Herring" Harley says with a nod and a smile of gratitude for each while looking each in the eye

"First things first!" She then claps her hands as Farm rations are brought up "Here are your daily rations Dee, Herring." she continues passing 1 ration to Dee and another to Herring

She then slowly slides one ration to Lee stating solemnly while holding her eyes "And this is for you, no strings attached. As long as we stand, you shall find upkeep with us. Do you accept my offer of a Non Aggression Pact?" she pauses

"And Herring, here" she gives him the NDA payment "The NDA if you will" she says ready to sign

As Lee signs she immediately turns upbeat again "Okay! Now to the FUN stuff" she belts smiling widely "Me in my short 3 levels have researched a spell to give Fire damage to magical arms, and a Lightning jolt that gives no damage just incapacitates my foe!" eyes twinkling with excitement for her accomplishments "And I've been ruminating on how to make a stronger Fire Blast. What about you!? What do you have for me?" smiling widely with expectation
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-08 at 01:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105

GnomeWizardGuy

Missed Question: If Dee was to use her juice now would she get it back at dawn and therefore have her juice back ready for the barbarian’s turn?

If all goes well we will have goat rations next turn and what ever the enemy army were paying their own upkeep with. But I guess we could spare 50 juice if you really don’t want to spend the rations to pay for the NDA.

(I’m pretty sure we already gave Dee and Herring their daily rations at the beginning of the turn unless these rations are for them in advance for next turn? Other than that I’m happy with what Wurm has put)

16. - Top - End - #106

In the side stats

Running expenses for the turn

Minus
    2 woof hides
    -500 shmuckers meta
    -300 shmuckers anna
    1 farm ration

We didn't give them rations

In the turn above, we haven't talked with Dee or Herring today

17. - Top - End - #107

GnomeWizardGuy

It’s calculated as part of our upkeep here;

Master Heering carnymancer "140 upkeep"
    Anna Meta Changeamancer "Upkeep 120"
    Dee Ceas Croakamancer "Upkeep 120"
    Krippen Lv 3 warlord “Upkeep 150”
    X2 Archer Upkeep 14
    X1 Piker ”Lance” Upkeep 12
    X1 Stabber “Upkeep 14”

And at the end of last turn we specified;

Assign rations to all units of 35s and above.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-08 at 03:50 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

This is confusing

19. - Top - End - #109

Dee and herring have already given thier rations. As for the questions so far it been ideas with no comfirms from the other facets.

Dee juice:

But yes you think that trick might work with Dee. But it might not as well. The rules of erfword are mystery and trying to get around the rules.... well thats up to you to try.

20. - Top - End - #110

Clarifying:
    - if we stockpile rations the turn before, and assign them, there is no question that at the start of turn those units need not receive upkeep in shmuckers
    - we may assign farm rations that are about to pop
    - we assigned farm rations to our caster friends last turn (and had them discounted from the larder at turn processing)

However, at turn start it was not described that the casters came and collected and left again, so it's fine to describe as that happening now

21. - Top - End - #111

I have stated that herring and the others arrive before the start of turn. However a moot point. So what are you asking or just going with the statements from before

22. - Top - End - #112

Going with this, also, missed question
    W80. Do you confirm that Harley felt, that when she unleashes more than one spell from the tower, *the first spell is accurate* while the rest have accuracy penalties?

"Greetings!" Harley steps forward to clasp Lee's forearm "A pleasure to finally meet another member of team Shock!" she then motions backwards to the 'breakfast' table "Come everyone, let us make ourselves comfortable. Thanks for coming Dee, Herring" Harley says with a nod and a smile of gratitude for each while looking each in the eye

"First things first!" She then claps her hands as Farm rations are brought up "Here are your daily rations Dee, Herring." she continues passing 1 ration to Dee and another to Herring

She then slowly slides one ration to Lee stating solemnly while holding her eyes "And this is for you, no strings attached. As long as we stand, you shall find upkeep with us. Do you accept my offer of a Non Aggression Pact?" she pauses

"And Herring, the NDA if you will? Let me know what spell you'll want scrolled"" she says ready to sign

As Lee signs she immediately turns upbeat again "Okay! Now to the FUN stuff" she belts smiling widely "Me in my short 3 levels have researched a spell to give Fire damage to magical arms, and a Lightning jolt that gives no damage just incapacitates my foe!" eyes twinkling with excitement for her accomplishments "And I've been ruminating on how to make a stronger Fire Blast. What about you!? What do you have for me?" smiling widely with expectation

23. - Top - End - #113

GnomeWizardGuy

(I’d suggest modifying to as follows;)

"Greetings!" Harley steps forward to clasp Lee's forearm "A pleasure to finally meet another member of team Shock!" she then motions backwards towards a large table where Spike, Krippen and Shadow are already sitting. "Come everyone, let us make ourselves comfortable. Thanks for coming Dee, Herring" Harley says with a nod and a smile of gratitude for each while looking each in the eye ”Lee this is my Chief Warlord Spike, Chief Shadow chief of the Nightshade Shady elf tribe and Krippen a trusted warlord.” Harley introduces before taking a seat.

"First things first!" Harley then claps her hands as Farm rations and a single scroll are brought up "Herring here is your scroll as agreed for the NDA and the promised rations for your service next turn Dee" Harley continues passing 3 rations to Dee and a rolled scroll to Herring.

Harley then slowly slides one ration to Lee stating solemnly while holding her eyes "And this is for you, no strings attached. As long as we stand, you shall find upkeep with us. Do you accept my offer of a Non Aggression Pact?" she pauses

"And Herring," she adds as she holds her hand out. "The NDA if you will" she says ready to sign

As Lee signs she immediately turns upbeat again "Okay! Now to the FUN stuff" she belts smiling widely "Lets start with Lee. When we have more time I’d love to discuss some Shockamancy research I have been doing with you but for now if you wouldn’t mind sharing the details of the spells that you can offer us so that between us we can pick the best spells to hang on our tower.” Harley declares.

24. - Top - End - #114

sure
    ......+1

25. - Top - End - #115

"Greetings!" Harley steps forward to clasp Lee's forearm "A pleasure to finally meet another member of team Shock!" she then motions backwards towards a large table where Spike, Krippen and Shadow are already sitting. "Come everyone, let us make ourselves comfortable. Thanks for coming Dee, Herring" Harley says with a nod and a smile of gratitude for each while looking each in the eye ”Lee this is my Chief Warlord Spike, Chief Shadow chief of the Nightshade Shady elf tribe and Krippen a trusted warlord.” Harley introduces before taking a seat.

"First things first!" Harley then claps her hands as Farm rations and a single scroll are brought up "Herring here is your scroll as agreed for the NDA and the promised rations for your service next turn Dee" Harley continues passing 3 rations to Dee and a rolled scroll to Herring.

Harley then slowly slides one ration to Lee stating solemnly while holding her eyes "And this is for you, no strings attached. As long as we stand, you shall find upkeep with us. Do you accept my offer of a Non Aggression Pact?" she pauses

Dee accepts the rations with a smile and Herring accepts the scroll.

"And Herring," she adds as she holds her hand out. "The NDA if you will" she says ready to sign

Lee signs the NDA and accepts the NAP

As Lee signs she immediately turns upbeat again "Okay! Now to the FUN stuff" she belts smiling widely "Lets start with Lee. When we have more time I’d love to discuss some Shockamancy research I have been doing with you but for now if you wouldn’t mind sharing the details of the spells that you can offer us so that between us we can pick the best spells to hang on our tower.” Harley declares.

Lee smiles.

A caster ruler those are rare enough, only heard of one of those....

Well moving. Well I work mostly as a body guard. However I have created three unique spells. While I wont give the full details of the spell I can give a basic run down of them.

The first is a direct attack spell I call tri beam. It fires a blast of fire, cold, and electric shockamancy at a single target. While each shot is weaker than a normal energy shot spell the over all damage is higher. Designed it to overload a targets defenses. Uses 50 juice

The 2nd spell is an upgraded version of resistance. I use to defend my contracts. It protects against all forms of shockamancy rather than one. Uses 40 juice

The 3rd is an area spell i call frost nova. Does the same damage as fire blast, but also slows the target and affects thier stats. Uses 50 juice
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-08 at 06:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Frost nova sounds rather useful for this fight. Slows just move, or does it reduce combat and defense as well, due to reduced effective agility? Given the wording, I'd expect the latter, but I still feel the need to ask.

27. - Top - End - #117

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy411 View Post
    Frost nova sounds rather useful for this fight. Slows just move, or does it reduce combat and defense as well, due to reduced effective agility? Given the wording, I'd expect the latter, but I still feel the need to ask.
    " A direct hit will slow thier movement and reduce thier stats. An indirect hit will only reduce thier stats slightly.

28. - Top - End - #118

"That is very good Lee, now we must plan around our Juice limitations. How much Juice can you give us?" she asks pointedly, thinking of the Tower, Hammer and scrolls

29. - Top - End - #119

Lee

Well 350 for 100 juice, 700 for 200 juice, and 1000 for 300 juice. However if you want scrolls of my custom spells I would want scrolls of a custom spell in return. I would be fine getting the scrolls next turn if need be however

30. - Top - End - #120

GnomeWizardGuy

”Do you have any scrolls already made? we’d want our tower to be fully charged so I wouldn’t want to spend your juice for the turn on scrolls” Harley replies.