New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Arkum Game Thread

Order Bill home (after managing farm if he has not already done so) [Also collect the wood at the farm with hobby horse and wagons if we have the move to do so or Wurms suggestion of Krippen and his men carrying it]

Edit: our newly Uncroaked dire woof likely has the move to pull the wagon.

Once Bill and everyone is in the capital;

Summon Crud to join the discussion. ”Crud I realise you are out of move and can therefore not use fabrication for the turn but do you think if you had as many units as you need to help you and used the wood in our stores you could reinforce the city gates somewhat? It would only have to be a temporary reinforcement that lasts the turn...” Harley asks.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-12 at 06:18 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

+1

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by WurmD View Post

I was going to suggest that you take some magic items from our armoury as collateral though I am confident we will still be here to pay you next round”Harley replies.

Herring will take the helostaff as collateral

Multi-tasking Harley calls to Krippen "Krippen! Care to stretch your legs? Would you please take your men and help Bill bring back the 3 wood at the Farm?" asks Harley thinking that with the new road, the round trip only takes 3 Move, and Krippen still has 4.

Krippen will nodd he heads out returning a short while later will bill and the 3 woods.

EDIT:
    Then she turns back to Herring again "Oooh rations into Rands? And 1 Rand pays for 1 upkeep, just like a ration, but it doesn't go bad? (like a ration)" she inquisitively asks

They do not go bad, but have to be used in the mk to pay upkeep

(after reply) "Hmm, I don't think I will spend my whole Juice in the battle tomorrow, I could try and make some, is it hard?" she asks scratching her head

Nope just eat an extra rations and convert it into a ration while using 10 juice

(after reply) "And how much are these Rands worth? If instead of 500s you wanted Rands, how many would you ask?" wide eyed
    three Rands would cover

4. - Top - End - #154

Summon Crud to join the discussion. ”Crud I realise you are out of move and can therefore not use fabrication for the turn but do you think if you had as many units as you need to help you and used the wood in our stores you could reinforce the city gates somewhat? It would only have to be a temporary reinforcement that lasts the turn...” Harley asks.

He shruggs
    could try

5. - Top - End - #155

"WoooooOooooOoh, really??" She exclaims slack jawed, "That's a much more efficient use for the rations than what we've doing so far! Awesome! 500s or 3 Rands tomorrow! No doubt about it!" She finishes beaming ^_^

EDIT:
    Then she turns to everyone else, "Okay! We're all here, and have no more places to be this turn, so I think all of us with Move can pitch in and help barricade the gates under Crud's direction!" she bellows, and immediately sets the example by going to get a Wood unit with the help of one of the Woof soldiers.
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-12 at 11:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A ration a rand? thats pretty nice. I wonder how much juice it costs to convert, if it does here.

Another question for herring-"You said half your pool....I don't suppose you could, say, make it so I personally can't miss with spells, but be entirely unable to hit with anything else for the rest of the turn? Also, if immunity causes vulnerability, could the inverse also be true? Could you make a unit vulnerable to something in exchange for resistance to other things? Would that be easier or harder than just making them immune?"

7. - Top - End - #157

GnomeWizardGuy

(Cypher said it’s 10 juice to make a rand the same as in Erfman)

+1 to Wurm and Someguys question.

8. - Top - End - #158

[QUOTE=WurmD;24396357]"WoooooOooooOoh, really??" She exclaims slack jawed, "That's a much more efficient use for the rations than what we've doing so far! Awesome! 500s or 3 Rands tomorrow! No doubt about it!" She finishes beaming ^_^

Herring nodds

EDIT:
    Then she turns to everyone else, "Okay! We're all here, and have no more places to be this turn, so I think all of us with Move can pitch in and help barricade the gates under Crud's direction!" she bellows, and immediately sets the example by going to get a Wood unit with the help of one of the Woof soldiers.

You start barricading both of arkums gates ( one on each road) the work is slowly and crud is obviously frustrated that it isnt going better. The wood is piled up against. You think it will add some hp to the gates but not alot.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy411 View Post
    A ration a rand? thats pretty nice. I wonder how much juice it costs to convert, if it does here.

Another question for herring-"You said half your pool....I don't suppose you could, say, make it so I personally can't miss with spells, but be entirely unable to hit with anything else for the rest of the turn? Also, if immunity causes vulnerability, could the inverse also be true? Could you make a unit vulnerable to something in exchange for resistance to other things? Would that be easier or harder than just making them immune?"
    Herring

always hitting is more a form of luck or predictamancy than carny. It hard to explain its not immunity to archery its more your not a valid target for archery. ( only reason i did the arrows is because its in cannon) I could for example break the rule that says infantry cant fight from a mount, that a heavy cant be screened by a non heavy, that a heavy cant ride a monut, or that archers provoke when in melee combat.

10. - Top - End - #160

"Okay, I think we're almost ready to end turn." She declares thinking up if anything else needs doing

"Tower is full.." she says raising one finger
    "Hammer is full.." while raising another finger
    "Dee is to wait turn start next to portal.." third finger going up, but she pauses, looks at Dee and Herring "Lets recap the plan to see if it makes sense spoken out loud." she says with a small nod and frown "So Dee, since we expect you to be refreshed at dawn, and that might clear Herring's spell, you two agreed to be near our Portal before Dawn, so that Dawn comes, Dee yells 'I got Juice!' prompting Herring to cast, and then you run into the Portal and all the way to the top of the tower where I'll be waiting. Sound okay? Do you see any holes?" She then asks

"If you don't regain Juice at Dawn, then this (straightforward application of a barbarian's turn start ability) failed, and you don't want to wait until you get Juice (our own turn start), so you're to run here anyway, you'll have 4 combat rounds of Hoboken from the Hammer and 1 casting the Mass Uncroak scroll, yeah?"

"Which means, Herring, as soon as you see Dawn break, and thus your experience as a barbarian tells you your turn would have started if you were not with us, cast. No waiting for Dee's prompt."

"If we were in battle it would be:
    - Round 1! Dawn breaks! Herring casts! Dee runs!
    - Round 2!"
    She chants with a enthusiastic smile "we'll see how far Dee can run" she finishes with a wink

11. - Top - End - #161

Alright

There are seven zones or areas of the city

North walls
    East walls
    West walls
    South walls
    Garrison
    Tower bottom
    Tower top

Decide where your troops will be stationed and stack order.

It will take atleast one round to move between zone. The gates are on the east and west walls. The top of the tower can see the entire. Ferals and heavies can not be moved on or off the walls quickly.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-13 at 02:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Walls connected to each adjacent wall and to garrison
    Garrison connected also to tower bottom
    tower bottom also connected to tower top

What's our expectation of travel time in battle between portal room (tower bottom) to tower top?
    What's our expectation of travel time in battle between tower top and Garrison (2 zone crossings) ?
    And 3 zone crossings (Tower top to a wall section)?

EDIT:
    "Hmm, if the Juice refresh at dawn doesn't happen, perhaps we should have more Hoboken scrolls at hand.. Herring, with half your Juice pool how many Hoboken scrolls could you write up?"
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-13 at 02:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

GnomeWizardGuy

(Conferring with Wurm over stack positions)

Question: Does a hobby count as a feral?

14. - Top - End - #164

Or, instead of Feral, did you mean to say "Quadruped" ?

15. - Top - End - #165

GnomeWizardGuy

And I presume spidews don’t count as they should be able to climb on and off walls quickly

16. - Top - End - #166

[QUOTE=WurmD;24397684]Walls connected to each adjacent wall and to garrison
    Garrison connected also to tower bottom
    tower bottom also connected to tower top

What's our expectation of travel time in battle between portal room (tower bottom) to tower top?
    What's our expectation of travel time in battle between tower top and Garrison (2 zone crossings) ?
    And 3 zone crossings (Tower top to a wall section)?

If a unit takes no other action ( attacking, casting, ect) it take one full round to cross a zone. If the unit casts attacks ect it takes two round to cross a zone

EDIT:
    "Hmm, if the Juice refresh at dawn doesn't happen, perhaps we should have more Hoboken scrolls at hand.. Herring, with half your Juice pool how many Hoboken scrolls could you write up?"

I could make four scrolls if you dont want my juice for other options. However I should point out that My juice will be set to refresh at start of your turn otherwise. You may lose any buff I place on you.

Quadraped or heavies take take twice the time to cross the walls. Spwiders can move right down the walls.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-13 at 06:47 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167

As the gates are barricaded, she claps Crud on the arm "It is what it is big man. If it stops 1 extra hit, and lasts 1 extra round, it will have been worth it."

Then Harley inspects the difference in the precarious stairs up to the wall battlements comparing to the hallway stairs of the tower that don't impede quadruped movement. "In a future turn, do you think we can make better stairs to the walls so that you and the Woofs can climb up and down as quickly as me?" she asks Crud and ponders it herself

18. - Top - End - #168

GnomeWizardGuy

(While were continuing to plan stack composition and positions can I ask if the poison that we have is any good for coating arrows?)
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-13 at 09:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

"Okay! So positionings! I think in the top of the tower we'll have:"

(Tower top)
    Harley (front)
    Dee (front)
    Uncroaked Woof (front)
    Krippen
    Uncroaked Woof
    Uncroaked Woof
    Uncroaked Woof
    Uncroaked Woof

"Krippen, having you with me maximises the caster's to hit. The front uncroaked woof will screen you. They have high Def plus they get +3 from you, +2 from Dee and +1 from Spike's CW bonus, and we'll cycle the damaged Woof each round. For the first few rounds you should also be firing your Ki blasts with us while you can. We shall see if we deal a decisive blow in the first 3 rounds"

20. - Top - End - #170

AssassinGuy

A question for Herring: "Are you able to cast on non units? Say...removing the penalty for firing multiple shots in one round from the tower itself? It has it's own juice stores, and it's own spells, just waiting on orders to guide it, so in theory it should be doable..." A pause, then "Alternatively, would the penalty be applied to the directing unit, and could it be removed from me instead?"

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by WurmD View Post
    "Okay! So positionings! I think in the top of the tower we'll have:"

(Tower top)
    Harley (front)
    Dee (front)
    Uncroaked Woof (front)
    Krippen
    Uncroaked Woof
    Uncroaked Woof
    Uncroaked Woof
    Uncroaked Woof

"Krippen, having you with me maximises the caster's to hit. The front uncroaked woof will screen you. They have high Def plus they get +3 from you, +2 from Dee and +1 from Spike's CW bonus, and we'll cycle the damaged Woof each round. For the first few rounds you should also be firing your Ki blasts with us while you can. We shall see if we deal a decisive blow in the first 3 rounds"
    Only thing units can only get one command bonus so they wpuld only get the +3 from krippen and the chief warlord bonus.

22. - Top - End - #172

GnomeWizardGuy

(I’m pretty sure in canon the croakamancy was a caster bonus and it stacked with leadership bonus. I am looking for the relevant page)

23. - Top - End - #173

AssassinGuy

(I thought in canon cwl stacked with regular warlord bonuses too. gotta find the battle of the pass page to verify)

edit:

https://archives.erfworld.com/Book%201/125

chief bonus stacks on top of warlord bonus

edit2: Aren't caster bonuses just leadership bonuses for specific unit types?
    Last edited by SomeGuy411; 2020-03-13 at 12:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Are we following canon? In which the CWL bonus in-hex is half?
    https://archives.erfworld.com/Book%202/12

In that link, Wanda's caster bonus to decrypted stacks with the Warlord's. So not conclusive for generic Croakamancer and Uncroaked. Perhaps in Book 0

EDIT: "And Wanda's Fellows did benefit from a powerful combination of bonuses when she and Tommy led them together. "
    https://archives.erfworld.com/Book+0/11
    K, found it :)
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-13 at 04:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

I was going to have the system be one leadership bonus per stack plus chief warlord. But with a little cannon back up here what i will put in place

1 warlord/ NA chief bonus per stack
    1 caster bonus per stack
    And chief warlord bonus

Novice caster 1/2 level
    Adept full level
    Master can dance fight with unit types

Casters that can grant bonus

Croakamancer: uncroaked
    Dirtamancy: dirtamancy golems
    Turnamancy: turnamacy constructs
    Hat magic: hat magic golems
    Dollamancy: dollamancy golems
    Dateamancy: natural allies
    Flower power: plants

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy411 View Post
    A question for Herring: "Are you able to cast on non units? Say...removing the penalty for firing multiple shots in one round from the tower itself? It has it's own juice stores, and it's own spells, just waiting on orders to guide it, so in theory it should be doable..." A pause, then "Alternatively, would the penalty be applied to the directing unit, and could it be removed from me instead?"
    I think its the focus of the caster not the limit of the tower. The caster is aiming at several targets in short order. So that not really a rule I could effect. This is where a luckamancer would thrive make half the shot hit and half miss. And I would advise not casting on towers. Tower are special building in a city. I have heard of great and scary results of actions like that. I could for example make it so you could target one stack with several shots from the tower. What I cant effect is why that rule is in place. I could just let the tower fire.

27. - Top - End - #177

"Oy!?" Harley visibly perks up "Make it so I could target one stack with several shots from the tower?" She says almost visibly salivating at the idea, and with a glint in her eye that you can almost see the world burning behind them
    She then shakes herself and focuses "One stack? One particular stack? Wouldn't you have to cast on that stack to make it so?
    Or you mean casting on me, so that I have the option of releasing several tower blasts 1/stack normally OR release several blasts at a single stack, per combat round."
    She grills him

EDIT: Are we following canon? In which the CWL bonus in-hex is half?

MISSED: Then Harley inspects the difference in the precarious stairs up to the wall battlements comparing to the hallway stairs of the tower that don't impede quadruped movement. "In a future turn, do you think we can make better stairs to the walls so that you and the Woofs can climb up and down as quickly as me?" she asks Crud and ponders it herself
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-13 at 06:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

[QUOTE=WurmD;24398845]"Oy!?" Harley visibly perks up "Make it so I could target one stack with several shots from the tower?" She says almost visibly salivating at the idea, and with a glint in her eye that you can almost see the world burning behind them
    She then shakes herself and focuses "One stack? One particular stack? Wouldn't you have to cast on that stack to make it so?
    Or you mean casting on me, so that I have the option of releasing several tower blasts 1/stack normally OR release several blasts at a single stack, per combat round."
    She grills him

Thats a limit built into the tower a rule of the tower. So it would be cast on the tower
    However i dont know why that rule is in place. How to explain this...
    Herring ponders for a moment then snaps his fingers

Alright aquatic units cant leave water hexes. This rule is in place. Because they will croak because they breath water. Now I could break the rule that allows the unit to leave the hex, but the unit would still croak because it cant breath. Understand I could break the rule that allows more than one shot on a stack. But if that rule is there for a reason....

EDIT: Are we following canon? In which the CWL bonus in-hex is half?

Yes all units will have a +1/+1

MISSED: Then Harley inspects the difference in the precarious stairs up to the wall battlements comparing to the hallway stairs of the tower that don't impede quadruped movement. "In a future turn, do you think we can make better stairs to the walls so that you and the Woofs can climb up and down as quickly as me?" she asks Crud and ponders it herself

Crud nods sre it jst stairs

Right now its ladders up to the walls rather than stairs

29. - Top - End - #179

"Ah..!" she exhales clearly deflated "We can't test that in a Capital battle.. Titan's testes! Do you have a Mathamancer contact Herring? Next turn we need to have a chat and pay for a Mathamancer's Juice answering questions, this is beyond vexatious! Bah!" she expletes

She then focuses and tries again "How about, could you make Shadow, or Shadow's bow ignore the Damage Reduction given by the Heavy special?"

"And People! It just occurred to me that we don't have a developed dungeon zone in this hex, do you know if Sappers can come from underground and pop directly into the Garrison? Don't the walls extend underground?" she prompts everyone

30. - Top - End - #180

"Ah..!" she exhales clearly deflated "We can't test that in a Capital battle.. Titan's testes! Do you have a Mathamancer contact Herring? Next turn we need to have a chat and pay for a Mathamancer's Juice answering questions, this is beyond vexatious! Bah!" she expletes

She then focuses and tries again "How about, could you make Shadow, or Shadow's bow ignore the Damage Reduction given by the Heavy special?"

Herring shakes his head No the heavy rule I would have to cast on the heavy

"And People! It just occurred to me that we don't have a developed dungeon zone in this hex, do you know if Sappers can come from underground and pop directly into the Garrison? Don't the walls extend underground?" she prompts everyone

Spike, Krippen, and the other casters shrug.

Spike
    The wall does extend below ground but not forever... no experience with sappers. But it seems they would have to come through the wall. If the dont have a tunneling special or something