Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

Erfman will use 30 tower juice and 3 fruits to make 3 rands
    Cadavar will use 30 tower juice and 3 fruits to make 3 rands

-60 tower juice
    - 6 fruits
    +6 rands
    Erfman and Cadaver both collect some fruit and head up to the tower to perform rand conversions. Drawing juice from the tower they then begin the rand conversion process pausing every so often to eat another piece of fruit.

-60 tower juice
    - 6 deseeded fruits
    +6 rands

Trixy

”Good turn Trixy feel up for some work? Thank you again for that movement cast last turn it really helped. We would like to hire you again this turn and send you on a rand run. Hows that sound”

”Sure I don’t mind stretching my legs sugar...” Trixy replies with a smile ”Though I sure do hope luggin around all this fruit doesn’t start to change my signamancy...” Trixy comments as she takes a bag of fruit. ”Well I’ll be back soon...” she then declares before slinking off through the portal.

-24 deseeded fruit

AC

”I understand you plan on exploring the uses of your new steed this turn. However if your up for some training later let me know.”

AC gives a slight grunt and a nod as he finishes off his breakfast fruit. As soon as he is done he gives one more nod before heading back to the magic kingdom.

Dotti

”I think we should talk with the signamancers early this turn.
    Could you send them a message? Also I want to make a focus for you this turn. My general design involves turning a weapon into a focus. I was thinking a rapier shaped pen or a pen knife for you what do you think dotti? Also I want to hire Bea Nocular ideally before we go see the the signamancers. “
    Erfman instructs.

”Ofcourse your highness just give me one moment...” Dotti replies as she pulls out her guild scroll and carefully writes out a message. A short while latter she seems to nod to herself before looking up. ”We are expected. Master Wordsworth and Lady Penelope Penman senior representatives of the guild will get waiting for us.” Dotti informs.

Dotti looks thoughtful for a moment. ”I could see a pen working as a focus for signamancy however except for knighting ceremonies I couldn’t imagine how I would use a rapier in my spells...” Dotti replies. ”Also if I am ever required to take part in a battle I would certainly hope not to be wading in to melee.” Dotti adds. ”Perhaps a fountain pen with a razor sharp point?” Dotti then suggests.

”Without my bird I am going to have to go in to the Magic Kingdom to contact Bea but I could do that now if you wish?” Dotti replies.

Andy

”I’m sure you could have made the pack Andy. However I was thinking of having you make or atleast start on a focus this turn. Do you want to use your needle?” Erfman asks.

”Oh I just thought you wanted me to learn how to make the saddlebags... that’s why you were showing me wasn’t it?” Andy asks looking a little puzzled. ”Oh yes I’m most comfortable with a needle... that would probably be best...” the apprentice Dollamancer then adds.

Kelly

”Kelly congrats on your level! So I was thinking you could Harvest the brood mother with your spell and use its parts to mod the sloth bear. Also would you mind showing cadavar the spell? So he could do harvests in the field for your projects?” Erfman asks.

”Certainly your highness...” Kelly whispers. ”The brood mother should provide a number of useful resources. Would you like me to use tower juice or my own personal juice?” Kelly then questions.

Turning to the scouts

”Can you give us a better idea of what you saw with the ferals. Size, body type ect.” Erfman requests.

”The ferals in (-02,-02) were small... about knee height to your average unit. They had orange brown fur and a big fluffy tail. They moved about on four legs though they often sat up on two. When they attacked they puffed up their cheeks before pulling something out of their mouths which they threw...” the first scout reports.

”The Spidew in (-02,-03) was tiny. About the size of a hand. I was able to squash it underfoot.” the next scout reports.

”The feral in (-03,-01) was well hidden, it was under a bush and in a hole. It had a black and white face and it’s front legs had claws” Another scout adds.

”The lizard in (-04,-05) was roughly as big as a hobby horse. Shorter legs but longer body and tail. It was green with yellow eyes and blended in to its surroundings really well it. It appeared out of nowhere and quickly gave chase” the final scout reads from a report.

3. - Top - End - #1203

Dotti

I think that you and I could go to the lookamancers. Maybe we could bring Cadavar along. Im a bit worried about having you journey in the MK alone. Unless you think its safe to go see Bea alone?

Andy

Yes, the goal was to show you how to make the pack. Once we get the tower juiced up I think we will have you work on your focus.

Kelly

yes start with the tower juice. I want the tower drained. So
    start with the brood and maybe work an arc spidew next.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Bugbear in the Playground

+1'''''''''''''''''''''

5. - Top - End - #1205

GnomeWizardGuy

Andy

”Yes, the goal was to show you how to make the pack. Once we get the tower juiced up I think we will have you work on your focus.” Erfman explains.

”Oh ok...” Andy replies with a nod of the head.

Kelly

”yes start with the tower juice. I want the tower drained. So start with the brood and maybe work an arc spidew next. Erfman instructs.

”Very good your highness I shall start right away...” Kelly replies softly as she heads down to the morgue with Cadaver. Picking out the body of the brood mother and one of the Arc spidews she orders them dragged upstairs so that she can work on them.

Once she is done she has broken down the two bodies in to various parts.

Brood Mother Chitin
    Brood Mother Legs
    Large Web Gland
    Poison Gland
    Brood Mother eyes
    Brood Mother chelicerae (fangs)

Spidew Chitin
    Spidew legs
    Acid Web gland
    Spidew eyes
    Spidew chelicerae (fangs)

[23 Tower juice and 27 Kelly juice used]

Dotti

”I think that you and I could go to the lookamancers. Maybe we could bring Cadavar along. I’m a bit worried about having you journey in the MK alone. Unless you think its safe to go see Bea alone?” Erfman suggests.

”Ofcourse your highness I would be happy for the company” Dotti replies with a smile. ”I was thinking... for regular contractors it might be worth gifting them with a scroll or a hat so contacting them in future turns becomes easier...” Dotti suggests.

”Shall we?” Dotti then declares as she steps towards the portal.

Stepping through the portal and in to portal park Dotti then leads the small group towards the eyemancy Octant where Erfman previously visited the temple of the Thinkamancers. Instead of heading there however Dotti leads the group to a small collection of neat little wooden houses. Heading straight up to the door Dotti gently knocks before taking A step back. An eye opens on the door and seems to study the three casters for a moment before closing. A few moments later the door swings open revealing the Khaki wearing Bea.

”King Erfman... Dotti.... I was not expecting to see you this turn. Is there something I can help you with?” be asks in greeting.

6. - Top - End - #1206

Dotti

good idea Dotti. Message scrolls might be to expensive for all of our contractors. However for the ones we hire every turn or even every few turns it might be worth it.

Bea

Yes sorry for the suprise. I was hoping to hire you this turn. We have two targets we need a deep look done on. Also two targets we just need a slight look at.

7. - Top - End - #1207

+1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

8. - Top - End - #1208

GnomeWizardGuy

Dotti

”good idea Dotti. Message scrolls might be too expensive for all of our contractors. However for the ones we hire every turn or even every few turns it might be worth it.” Erfman replies.

Bea

”Yes sorry for the suprise. I was hoping to hire you this turn. We have two targets we need a deep look done on. Also two targets we just need a slight look at.” Erfman explains.

”Well you are in luck, coming so early I have not yet found employment for the turn. ”Bea replies. ”I should be able to do that. It will take most of my juice for the turn but is well within my capabilities...”Bea continues. ”Give me a moment and I shall get my things together” Bea then adds.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-08-06 at 08:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209

After returning to the capital. Have Bea deep look 03.03 and -06.-09. As well as scan fanboy and fangirl assuming they are in range. Use the rands the brought back by Trixy.

Erfman will also mentally order two no eye deer to move to the portal room.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-08-06 at 08:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1210

+1"”"""”"""""

11. - Top - End - #1211

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphermancer View Post
    After returning to the capital. Have Bea deep look 03.03 and -06.-09. As well as scan fanboy and fangirl assuming they are in range. Use the rands the brought back by Trixy.

Erfman will also mentally order two no eye deer to move to the portal room.
    Bea disappears inside her small house and is gone for a short while. In the meantime Erfman mentally orders two no-eye dear to move to the portal room.

Once Bea returns the small group then heads back towards portal park. Along the way Bea glances back before raising an eyebrow. ”I believe we are being shadowed by a unit under a veil...” the lookamancer comments quietly.

Cadaver also seems to be frowning as he glances about.

(Continue to Fanon’s portal?)

12. - Top - End - #1212

Erfman will give a nodd

Yes we figured. Our enemies have been following us in the magic kingdom and interfering with us here. Violating the peace of the magic kingdom.

13. - Top - End - #1213

+1 but add "when we're alone" in the end (to reassure)

Erfman nods "Yes we figured. Our enemies have been following us in the magic kingdom and interfering with us here. Violating the peace of the magic kingdom whenever we're alone." he says in a serious voice, not showing concern

14. - Top - End - #1214

+1...........

15. - Top - End - #1215

GnomeWizardGuy

As promised the locations of Fanboy and Fangirl;

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1216

GnomeWizardGuy

(OK you never really confirmed if you were continuing on to Fanon’s portal but I am going to presume you are since you don’t seem to be taking any other overt actions)

Erfman nods "Yes we figured. Our enemies have been following us in the magic kingdom and interfering with us here. Violating the peace of the magic kingdom whenever we're alone." he says in a serious voice, not showing concern.

”Ah yes I am afraid espionage is somewhat common in the magic kingdom, while most casters would not dare to truly breach the peace by attacking another unit within the confines of the magic kingdom war is rarely completely left behind at a sides portal” Bea replies.

Bea then continues on with Erfman and his group though she does seem more alert now as though she is continuing to observe something.

The group however are able to reach Fanon’s portal and pass through without obstruction. Erfman is greeted in the portal room by the sight of a couple of his golems and two no-eye deer.

Trixy then pokes her head in and grins. ”Hey there Sugar, job done” she then declares as she transfers over some rands.

[18 rands obtained]

Bea then heads up to the tower and without delay she removes a small device and begins to cast. ”So (03,03) first?” she questions as she brings the device up to her eyes. ”Ah yes a hill hex, level 5 mine no sign of any units on the surface but Ah what’s this?” Bea exclaims as she begins to study the hex. ”The are lots of purple serpentine creatures beneath the ground. I count yes 31 of them and one single much much larger variant. This one is easily the size of a Dwagon if not bigger. It’s buried deep below the ground and appears to be sleeping...” Bea reports.

”Shall I move on to (-06,-09) now?” Bea then questions.

Lookamancy report (03,03)

Level 5 mine
    1 x Dwagon Wurm
    31 x Wurmlings

17. - Top - End - #1217

"Yes please" Erfman replies

18. - Top - End - #1218

+1

yes can you show Dotti what you see in the mine?
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-08-10 at 08:52 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1219

Sure, refined

"Can you show Dotti what you'll see?" he then adds

20. - Top - End - #1220

GnomeWizardGuy

"Can you show Dotti what you can see?" Erfman then adds.

”It will take some extra juice but I should have enough if I am only doing the two deep looks and the two lesser looks this turn...” Bea replies.

(Assuming you agree)

Bea then reaches out and places a hand on Dotti’s shoulder. The Signamancer then pulls out a piece of paper and rapidly begins to sketch the Dwagon Wurm and the wurmlings.

”Now what do we have next...” Bea declares as she shifts her focus. ”Ah yes a level one city if I am not much mistaken. It has crude mud walls that could only be level 1 at most. Warlord, single stack of knights, stack of mounts one of which is heavy and about three stacks of infantry most of which are pikers....” Bea lists as she writes down the details. Dotti meanwhile is busy sketching out the same information in a much more visual form.

Fanart Lookamancy report

Lv 1 city
    Lv 1 walls

Warlord X1
    Knight Champion x3
    Knight Sniper x4

Wargoat x1
    Goats x7

Pikers x20
    Archers x5

21. - Top - End - #1221

Yes we agree to have dotti see the results

dotti go head and spend juice I want to see what we are up against with the wurms we need to take them out this turn.

22. - Top - End - #1222

+1**********

23. - Top - End - #1223

GnomeWizardGuy

Yes we agree to have dotti see the results

”Dotti go head and spend juice I want to see what we are up against with the Wurms we need to take them out this turn. Erfman instructs.

”Yes your highness, would you like me to cast on the small ones, the big one or both?” Dotti asks as she finishes drawing detailed sketches of the creatures.

24. - Top - End - #1224

"Both" Erfman says with an assertive nod

25. - Top - End - #1225

+1 both......

26. - Top - End - #1226

GnomeWizardGuy

"Both" Erfman says with an assertive nod.

Dotti nods and bites her lip as she begins to concentrate. ”The small ones have the signamancy of a high tier light feral though not quite knight class” Dotti begins. ”They certainly have a tunneller special and most likely some kind of tunnel fighting special. Based off the appearance of their skin and what we learnt from their hide I would be fairly confident they also have a Shockamancy resistance special. Lastly I believe they have an acid based attack either acid spit as a ranged attack or a breath weapon.” Dotti concludes. ”They also have the look of fairly recent poppings mostly level one I would estimate perhaps a few level two at most” Dotti adds.

”Now the Dwagon Wurm is quite clearly an Uber Heavy. As such I suspect it has both the Heavy Special and another Special to further increase it’s damage reduction. In all other ways it is a greater version of its lesser kin and I believe it would have upgraded versions of the same specials. Tunnel fighting certainly, likely greater shock resistance and a greater breath weapon. I believe Chief Bowie mentioned that it swallowed Gobwins whole, that may be a special aswell...” Dotti reasons. ”Note the scarred signamancy this feral is older than the smaller ones and has survived battles. I would not be surprised if the Dwagon Wurm was atleast level 3...” Dotti finishes.

27. - Top - End - #1227

Erfman will consider the numbers and infomation.

Thank you both. Thats more than I was hoping, but we will figure some.

Well lets continue with the reports.

28. - Top - End - #1228

refined

"Thank you both. That's more than I was hoping, but we will figure something out." Erfman says pondering the numbers
    "Please proceed with the normal scans now, to see which side controls Fanboy and Fangirl" Erfman asks "Their coordinates are -12.-15 and -02.-25 relative to our map" Erfman complements curious about the Lookamancer's max range with the tower and her focus

29. - Top - End - #1229

+1 if fan girl not in range scan 00.-10 lets see if its back

30. - Top - End - #1230

+1%%%%%%%%%%