New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

"Dorfs are particularly hairy? As in hair in the face?" he asks and as Chief confirms he glances questioningly at the Bird

EDIT:
    if it's not Dorfs
    "And Marbits are annoying? Any distinct facial traits that distinguishes them from you fine rugged green goblins?" (magenta skin?)
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-13 at 07:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright,

Well lets started with on the golems I want to take jessie and upgrade her. Giving her a shield raising her hit points and defense. Maybe give it the heavy special. Maybe upgrading woody would be better.

Erfman will ponder how much juice and materials would it take to upgrade woody and/ or jessie into a defense golem. ( high defense and hits low attack).
    Also could a heavy be posted in the tower.

2nd how is Cadavar doing after the near croaking.

Cadavar so pleased your ok. That was a close one. Could you tell us what happen?

3rd How is the newest addition to our side doing Harmony doing and what does her specials do.

Harmony welcome to the side. Very pleased to have someone with your skills join. Us could you explain your special and how best to utilize it?
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-13 at 06:46 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303

+1

Finessing the Cadaver speech

While talking to Bowie Erfman suddenly starts as he spots Cadaver finally showing up into the common room "Cadaver!" he calls while getting up and going to clasp the caster by the shoulders (the still unliveryed shoulders) "How are you feeling? What do you remember?"

(after replying)

"I must apologize my friend. We knew the Dark One could cause backlash again, and thus to minimise that risk the original plan called for surprising the Dark One, for the first ever interaction with the Dark One's forces (initially planned to be a raven), to be you casting a Seize Uncroaked spell." he recalls with chagrin "But amidst yester-turn's planning and excitement at the he possibly of striking the Obelisk we forgot that, and ended up attempting a Seize Uncroaked at the worst possible time, when we were absolutely sure the Dark One's attention was on us (he was talking to us for Titan's sake!)" Erfman recounts shaking his head annoyed at himself, and pauses for a deep breath
    "Will you wear the golden livery once more?" he exhales
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-13 at 07:24 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304

GnomeWizardGuy

"Dorfs are particularly hairy? As in hair in the face?" Erfman asks.

”Hmmm have hair on face like they being attacked by a small feral sheep that wants to eat their face...” Bowie replies. Erfman then glances questioningly at the Bird but only gets a shake of the head in return.

"And Marbits are annoying? Any distinct facial traits that distinguishes them from you fine rugged green goblins?" Erfman then asks.

”Big head, big nose. Pink skin” the Gobwin chief replies with a frown. The bird however once again shakes it’s head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphermancer View Post
    Well lets started with on the golems I want to take jessie and upgrade her. Giving her a shield raising her hit points and defense. Maybe give it the heavy special. Maybe upgrading woody would be better.

Erfman will ponder how much juice and materials would it take to upgrade woody and/ or jessie into a defense golem. ( high defense and hits low attack).
    Also could a heavy be posted in the tower.
    Woody already has the heavy special and has a fairly high Def and hits. What sort of stats were you aiming for?

Jessie is already carrying a shield. It was not built as part of her but she is carrying it.

Yes a heavy can go in the tower.

While talking to Bowie Erfman suddenly starts as he spots Cadaver finally showing up into the common room "Cadaver!" he calls while getting up and going to clasp the caster by the shoulders (the still unliveryed shoulders) "How are you feeling? What do you remember?"

”Better...” Cadaver replies though his head hung low and he stares at the ground.

"I must apologize my friend. We knew the Dark One could cause backlash again, and thus to minimise that risk the original plan called for surprising the Dark One, for the first ever interaction with the Dark One's forces (initially planned to be a raven), to be you casting a Seize Uncroaked spell." he recalls with chagrin "But amidst yester-turn's planning and excitement at the he possibly of striking the Obelisk we forgot that, and ended up attempting a Seize Uncroaked at the worst possible time, when we were absolutely sure the Dark One's attention was on us (he was talking to us for Titan's sake!)" Erfman recounts shaking his head annoyed at himself, and pauses for a deep breath
    "Will you wear the golden livery once more?" he exhales

”... it was not backlash damage...” Cadaver eventually replies. ”I did not manage to cast the spell... I was not able to convert the juice in the gem to form my spell...” he slowly explains. ”I... I was stabbed in the back... or more accurately my sides. My entire stack turned on me while I was trying to use the gem. I lost control and then they struck... that’s all that I remember....” Cadaver then trailed off.

At the mention of his livery Cadaver glances down and for the first time seems to realise that he is not in Fanon’s colours. ”H..how did that happen?” Cadaver then asks.

Heading to the portal room Erfman finds the newly popped Negotiator pottering around the conference room organising pieces of parchment.

Harmony welcome to the side. Very pleased to have someone with your skills join us could you explain your special and how best to utilize it? Erfman greets.

Harmony curtsies as Erfman approaches and offers a pleasant smile. ”Your majesty it is an honour...” She declares by way of greeting. ”Certainly your highness I have two specials. The first is non-combatant which prevents unled infantry from autoengaging me unless given specific instructions from a command unit.” Harmony begins. ”My second special is Negotiator. Negotiator grants me three things. First it allows me to form a personal non aggression pact that only affects myself and another side or unit. Second once per turn I may create a single simple contract. And finally I get a slight Dateamancy bonus to certain rolls” Harmony explains.

5. - Top - End - #305

> non-combatant which prevents unled infantry from autoengaging me unless given specific instructions from a command unit.

Nooooo our Etsies plan..!

Innate Knowledge! Can Erfman feel when an hex with a non scout unit of his in it becomes contested?

EDIT:
    Continuing with Cadaver
    "Well, as best as we can know, there was a Spook in hex and it (or the Dark One... (You know what, using this name gives him too much power, it's like a Signamancy attack on us without him even being present, for now I'm gonna call him D.O., but we need to find a mocking nickname for him)) cast Mass Seize Uncroaked, and took your whole stack. We then misted the Spook, but someone kept casting Mass Uncroak and the hex kept contested even after we dusted all enemy units, so I suspected the Dark One was possessing you and took you prisoner, and that was when the hex finally became ours and we got to Raze the Obelisk (and upgrade the Capital!!)" He finishes with a grin pointing around to the new Garrison

EDIT2:
    "Don't beat yourself up about the gem, we tried too and failed too! We only figured out later that the Gem contains Shockamancy aligned Juice, and thus can only be used to cast Shockamancy spells." He concludes a bit sheepishly

"And now we've already scouted a stack of Uncroaked 4 hexes from here, so we'll see battle again today." He pauses staring seriously at Cadaver "Do you feel willing to recommitting to our side?" he finishes solemnly

EDIT3: In Arkum, Heavies can now be carried in wagons and take 4 slots.
    Want to retcon Heavies in Luggage to take also 4 slots instead of 2?
    Or here we have 2 levels of Heavy/Large, the "long" (takes 2 slots, Billie) and the actual Large (takes 4 slots, Stompy, and don't fit into current Luggage entrance)?

EDIT4: Billie and Woodie in Heavy form have in the past fit into Luggage. Please confirm that is still the case

EDIT5:
    In the previous system, there was a max number of hits, and a unit had to be Heavy to have more.
    Does Erfman feel that is true of his Golem designs so far?

About upgrading Jessie to Heavy, this is what we've estimated in the past:
    Crude wood Golem: 3 Wood 75 juice. 1 / 1 / 6 / 8 / (10s upkeep)
    Special: Heavy-5 wood, 225 juice, +6hp (x2?), 70s upkeep

What we really want is a progressive estimation of new upkeep of:
    - extra +1hit to Crude Wood Golem
    - extra +1AC to Crude Wood Golem
    - combined extra +1/+1 to hits and AC
    So we decide on what the stats of our new "standard" screening design shall be, and then build one of them per critical unit of ours

EDIT6:
    This :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...TWw/edit#gid=0
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-14 at 07:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #306

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WurmD View Post
    > non-combatant which prevents unled infantry from autoengaging me unless given specific instructions from a command unit.

Nooooo our Etsies plan..!
    Ah I forgot I had already mentioned a non combatant special. This might not be the same special your theoretical etsies gain. They may gain the following.

Immobile: Unit is unable to move or attack.

Innate Knowledge! Can Erfman feel when an hex with a non scout unit of his in it becomes contested?
    You know when a site you own becomes contested such as a city or a farm. You have also been aware of when a hex you are in is contested however you are not sure about a normal hex that contains one of your units.

Continuing with Cadaver

"Well, as best as we can know, there was a Spook in hex and it (or the Dark One... (You know what, using this name gives him too much power, it's like a Signamancy attack on us without him even being present, for now I'm gonna call him D.O., but we need to find a mocking nickname for him)) cast Mass Seize Uncroaked, and took your whole stack. We then misted the Spook, but someone kept casting Mass Uncroak and the hex kept contested even after we dusted all enemy units, so I suspected the Dark One was possessing you and took you prisoner, and that was when the hex finally became ours and we got to Raze the Obelisk (and upgrade the Capital!!)" He finishes with a grin pointing around to the new Garrison

Cadaver quietly listens and nods along but he does not look particularly happy... not that Cadaver usually seems particularly happy...

"Don't beat yourself up about the gem, we tried too and failed too! We only figured out later that the Gem contains Shockamancy aligned Juice, and thus can only be used to cast Shockamancy spells." He concludes a bit sheepishly

"And now we've already scouted a stack of Uncroaked 4 hexes from here, so we'll see battle again today." He pauses staring seriously at Cadaver "Do you feel willing to recommitting to our side?" he finishes solemnly

”Oh... yes... the error was mine, not yours...” Cadaver eventually replies. ”I will serve you once again...” he adds with a bow as he realigns with the side and his livery shifts to one of Fanon.

In Arkum, Heavies can now be carried in wagons and take 4 slots.
    Want to retcon Heavies in Luggage to take also 4 slots instead of 2?
    Or here we have 2 levels of Heavy/Large, the "long" (takes 2 slots, Billie) and the actual Large (takes 4 slots, Stompy, and don't fit into current Luggage entrance)?
    The luggage is a special case due to the spells in effect on it. Heavies still take up 2 slots in the luggage and the main limitation as you have stated is getting a unit in through the lid as it is only the size of a normal chest.

Billie and Woodie in Heavy form have in the past fit into Luggage. Please confirm that is still the case
    Woody is rather small for a heavy. He is more dense and reinforced rather than large. (And if necessary you can remove his arms and reattach them afterwards. So yes Woody is fine.

Billie too is a little on the small side for a heavy mount. You can just about squeeze her through the opening but it is not easy. (Infact most of the quadrupeds have a hard time getting in and out of the luggage) You would not however be able to fit a heavy mount that has the passenger special.

In the previous system, there was a max number of hits, and a unit had to be Heavy to have more.
    Does Erfman feel that is true of his Golem designs so far?
    There does seem to be a point at which a unit automatically becomes a heavy. It might be possible however to get around this.

About upgrading Jessie to Heavy, this is what we've estimated in the past:
    Crude wood Golem: 3 Wood 75 juice. 1 / 1 / 6 / 8 / (10s upkeep)
    Special: Heavy-5 wood, 225 juice, +6hp (x2?), 70s upkeep

What we really want is a progressive estimation of new upkeep of:
    - extra +1hit to Crude Wood Golem
    - extra +1AC to Crude Wood Golem
    - combined extra +1/+1 to hits and AC
    So we decide on what the stats of our new "standard" screening design shall be, and then build one of them per critical unit of ours

EDIT6:
    This :) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...TWw/edit#gid=0
    I’ll take a look and get back to you
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-15 at 02:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307

Alright that works.

Now to see what we have to work with this turn

Dotti would you be willing to check the magic kingdom want to see how many casters we can hire this turn for rand conversion and/or tower charging.

I know were are hiring kelly and the carnymancer this turn, but I want to see how many rands we have to work with this turn. Since croakamancy spells are working on us I want to take care of the mummy rot before we move on to other projects. The a healomancy cure with carnymancy is in order.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-16 at 06:48 AM.

8. - Top - End - #308

EDIT: before the above
    Erfman takes a couple of fruits and gives one to Cadaver, "Shall we?" he asks as he casts to create a Rand and then begins eating
    Erfman and Cadaver create 6 Rands total.

Then, Erfman turns to Dotti, transfers 4 Rands to her, "Shall you reserve your many powers for our benefit today again my lady?" he says with an easy smile a small bow, re-confirming the request for her entire Juice pool he made yesterturn

----

+1 and add

"Please take as many fruits as you can carry and offer, in order of desirability: 1 fruit per 3 Rand Conversions; 2 fruit per 100J; 3 fruit per 100J; 2 Rands per 100J (with 3 fruit eatings). Please use your on-hand fruits for the instant conversions" finishes Erfman with confidence in Dotti's abilities
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-16 at 09:05 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309

GnomeWizardGuy

Rough estimates of golem upkeep costs;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jh29vw19ruoJIo

Please note just because there is an upkeep listed in the spreadsheet does not mean Erfman will necessarily be successful in creating a golem with those stats. He may need to increase his skill or use special materials.

10. - Top - End - #310

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman takes a couple of fruits and gives one to Cadaver, "Shall we?" he asks as he casts to create a Rand and then begins eating. ”Yes ofcourse your majesty:” Cadaver replies as he begins to hungrily tear in to the fruit only pausing between eating to create a rand. Erfman then joins in at a much more sedate pace.

Erfman and Cadaver create 6 Rands total. [6 fruit consumed]

Then, Erfman turns to Dotti, transfers 4 Rands to her, "Shall you reserve your many powers for our benefit today again my lady?" he says with an easy smile a small bow, re-confirming the request for her entire Juice pool he made yesterturn.

”Certainly” Dotti replies with a courtesy as she accepts the payment.

Dotti would you be willing to check the magic kingdom want to see how many casters we can hire this turn for rand conversion and/or tower charging. Erfman asks"Please take as many fruits as you can carry and offer, in order of desirability: 1 fruit per 3 Rand Conversions; 2 fruit per 100J; 3 fruit per 100J; 2 Rands per 100J (with 3 fruit eatings). Please use your on-hand fruits for the instant conversions" finishes Erfman with confidence in Dotti's abilities

”Ofcourse sire” Dotti replies with a smile before heading off to the larder to retrieve a bag of fruit and then head off to the Magic Kingdom.

Dotti is gone for a long time, so long infact that Erfman is just starting to worry when suddenly an alarm goes off in his head. The city is contested a non aligned unit has just entered the portal room unannounced. Erfman also quickly notes that he can sense that Dotti has returned to the city aswell.

11. - Top - End - #311

"Harmony you're up! Lets go meet a newcomer likely in need of a contract" he smiles walking rapidly, immediately shadowed by trusty Bob

EDIT:
    While walking Erfman questions Harmony on her abilities "Do you know of Non-Disclosure Agreements? Is making one simple enough for your Special? And is it *too* simple and you could write a contract that contained more than that?"
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-16 at 09:43 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well...I see no reason not to meet this mysterious caster. I'd like to know what we have to work with this turn. Anyone against?

13. - Top - End - #313

As we get to the conference room and see the new caster we greet him "Welcome" at the same time as we extend our hand for a hand shake and mentally offering a Natural NAP

14. - Top - End - #314

I can agree with this we were expecting two casters but this might be something else.

15. - Top - End - #315

GnomeWizardGuy

"Harmony you're up! Lets go meet a newcomer likely in need of a contract" he smiles walking rapidly, immediately shadowed by trusty Bob.

Harmony smiles and falls in to step with Erfman obediently following along one step behind the king.

While walking Erfman questions Harmony on her abilities "Do you know of Non-Disclosure Agreements? Is making one simple enough for your Special? And is it *too* simple and you could write a contract that contained more than that?" Erfman questions.

”Yes your highness I am well versed in non disclosure agreements and could easily pen one up if that is what you required.” Harmony replied politely. ”I am also capable of writing up most forms of nonaggression or alliance contracts however if the terms, clauses or conditions are too complex it may be beyond me I am afraid and you would require an actual signamancer or prewritten contract” Harmony explains.

Reaching the portal room Erfman is just about to extend a welcome to whoever is there but instead of finding a new guest he is instead greeted by the sight of a concerned looking piker glancing nervously at a rather disheveled looking Dotti who is being supported by another caster. The usually pristine looking signamancer’s hair is a mess and her clothes are ruffled and ripped on one side. As she looks up Erfman also notes that she has one black eye. The other caster supporting Dotti is actually familiar and it doesn’t take Erfman long to recognise the blonde haired Trixy McGee.

”Your girl here has had a rough time of it sugar...” Trixy calls out as she spots Erfman approaching. ”Got herself jumped by some lowlifes at the edge of the naughty corner, lucky for you I was close by and managed to get your girl to safety...” Trixy declares.

”I..I’m sorry your highness... they got the rations...” Dotti declares finally breaking her silence as she looks up. ”I still had half left... but they couldn’t get the rands...” Dotti adds as she transfers 9 rand to Erfman.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-17 at 03:39 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316

Erfman mentally offers NAP to Trixie as he steps forward with a concerned look in his face and moves to also support Dotti
    "Oh Dotti.. It's my fault for not anticipating this and having AC with you... Please could you message AC to come to us? and then we'll go immediately to the House of Healing to get you treatment" asks Erfman with sadness in his voice.

As Dotti pens the small missive to AC and sends it through the Portal Erfman helps her towards a chair.

As they sit, and Dotti rests. Erfman still by Dotti's chair motion Trixie to another chair, "Please, make yourself comfortable" he says as a Scout brings a fruit in a plate and puts in front of Trixie. "Here is our promised upkeep. It was not an empty promise" says erfman slowly nodding.
    "As long Fanon stands, you'll have upkeep here, and an open invitation to participate in our breakfast sessions where we listen to the scout reports and plan the turn. When AC arrives, are you ready to come with us to get rid of this carnied disease?" he then finishes preemptively transferring the agreed 4 Rands

Afterwards as an after-thought "Ah, Trixie McGee, meet Harmony, our newest Courtier" he introduces "If ever you need anything, and I'm not available, talk to her and she will take care of it" he says with a small nod towards Harmony

EDIT:
    when AC arrives "AC! Look at what happened to Dotti in the MK" he greets while still standing by Dotti's chair protectively "I think, if you're willing, you can count on being hired for all foreseeable turns" he says calmly but with an upset look on his face

(after his greeting),
    Erfman transfers 6 Rands and points to a fruit that is handed by a scout to AC and asks "Do you agree to be here near turn start, for the foreseeable future and receive upkeep and 6 Rands for your Juice and protection, with a bonus of 4 Rands if combat ever happens in the MK?" he solemnly intones

(after accepting)
    "Thank you, then please, turn these 3 fruits into Rands so then we can go to The House of Healing for Dotti and myself." he motions to the table with an empty chair as a scout puts another 3 fruits in front of that seat.

He then speaks softly to Dotti "Would you produce Rands as well?" touching her arm while the scouts brings forth three more fruits
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-17 at 07:08 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman mentally offers NAP to Trixie as he steps forward with a concerned look in his face and moves to also support Dotti
    "Oh Dotti.. It's my fault for not anticipating this and having AC with you... Please could you message AC to come to us? and then we'll go immediately to the House of Healing to get you treatment" asks Erfman with sadness in his voice.

Trixy accepts the offered NAP without a word and readily offloads some of Dotti’s weight on to Erfman’s shoulders.

”No your highness... it was my fault... I should have known better... almost as soon as I stepped through the portal I knew that I was being followed...” Dotti reveals. ”I thought that it would be ok and to begin with it was and I had some success in hiring some casters for rand production but while looking for more interested parties I was suddenly jumped from behind...” Dotti reveals looking rather downcast.

”Ah yes ofcourse...” Dotti then declares as reaches up and smoothed her hair down before brushing off her dress with her hands. Feeling more presentable Dotti then pulls out a piece of parchment and writes out a note in less than her normal perfect penmanship before posting it through the portal. As Dotti pens the small missive to AC and sends it through the Portal Erfman helps her towards a chair.

As they sit, and Dotti rests. Erfman still by Dotti's chair motions Trixie to another chair, "Please, make yourself comfortable" he says as a Scout brings a fruit in a plate and puts in front of Trixie. "Here is our promised upkeep. It was not an empty promise" says erfman slowly nodding. "As long Fanon stands, you'll have upkeep here, and an open invitation to participate in our breakfast sessions where we listen to the scout reports and plan the turn. When AC arrives, are you ready to come with us to get rid of this carnied disease?" he then finishes preemptively transferring the agreed 4 Rands.

”Thanks sugar” Trixy replies accepting both the fruit and the rands. ”Sure, sure. A deals a deal...” she then declares casually.

Afterwards as an after-thought "Ah, Trixie McGee, meet Harmony, our newest Courtier" Erfman introduces "If ever you need anything, and I'm not available, talk to her and she will take care of it" he says with a small nod towards Harmony. ”It is my pleasure to meet you caster McGee” Harmony declares as she offers a small curtesy.

”Well hello to you to!” Trixy replies with a smile but before she can say anymore she is interrupted as Dotti gasps our in surprise.

”My, my bird! It has suddenly deactivated...” Dotti declares in surprise.

18. - Top - End - #318

AssassinGuy

Deactivated, but not croaked?

19. - Top - End - #319

Erfman lip curls in anger "We have 11 Rands and a flush treasury. We'll get to the bottom of this." He growls. Erfman then puts a gentle hand in Dotti's shoulder and speaks in a softer tone as 3 fruits are brought to her "Would you produce three Rands for us before we go?"

As she eats he then calmly inquires "Before you had the bird, how would you find AC?"
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-17 at 04:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy411 View Post
    Deactivated, but not croaked?
    Yes

Erfman lip curls in anger "We have 11 Rands and a flush treasury. We'll get to the bottom of this." He growls. Erfman then puts a gentle hand in Dotti's shoulder and speaks in a softer tone as 3 fruits are brought to her "Would you produce three Rands for us before we go?" he asks.

Dotti nods selecting three of the nicest looking fruits before slowly and delicately tucking in to them while producing rands.

[3 fruit consumed, 3 rand obtained]

As she eats Erfman then calmly inquires "Before you had the bird, how would you find AC?"

”I know where he stays...” Dotti replies simply. ”I would walk there, the bird merely made it so that I would not have to walk back and fourth so much when delivering messages” Dotti explains. ”AC rents a room at the Dwunkern Dwagon, it’s a wooden building at the edge of the naughty quarter. “ Dotti then reveals.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-18 at 02:00 AM.

21. - Top - End - #321

Erfman focuses on contacting the thinkamancer Deanna in the MK requesting a thinkagram.

" greeting, Thinkamancer Deanna I am King Erfman ruler of the side of Fancon. I have a bit of a situation a contracted signamancer named dotti was mugged in the magic kingdom this morning. She is fine, thanks to another caster intervining on her behavior. Dotti then tried to contact another caster ive hired in the past using a message bird. The bird has been deactivated while in the mk. I belive both situations are connected to a group of shockamancers called the Blitzers in the employ of the dark one. I was hoping to hire a thinkamancer to put me in contact with shockamancer AC. He stays at the dwunkian dwagon on the edge of the naughty quarter. Also what can be done about this situation with casters ive hired and myslef being harassed in the mk?"
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-18 at 07:28 AM.

22. - Top - End - #322

Erfman nods and purses his lips deep in thought
    "I see. We could walk there ourselves in force.. But I think it's high time to start spending. Is it possible to hire thinkagrams without being in front of the thinkamancer?" he inquires to the casters present

(after affirmative)
    "Very well, then that is what I shall do, and have AC join us here." he states with his mind set. He then focuses on the named thinkamancer, Deanna was her name, and keeps focusing until he feels the unfamiliar touch of another person's mind, but Dotti's plight keeps him professional and to the point
    "Greetings" he intones, vocally for the benefit of his company "I am King Erfman, ruler of the side of Fanon. I'm faced with a situation and require your assistance. Contracted Signamancer Dotti Crosst was mugged in the Magic Kingdom this morning. She is still alive thanks to another caster intervening. Dotti then tried to contact another caster I've hired in the past using a message bird Golem, and felt it being deactivated while in transit. I believe both situations are connected to a group of shockamancers called the Blitzers in the employ of the Dark One of the Dark Side. I would like to hire a one-way thinkagram to inform Shockamancer AC of the matter and ask him to join me in Fanon. He currently resides at the Dwunkan Dwagon on the edge of the Naughty Octant. As a side request I'd also inquire with the thinkamancers what can be done about this situation with casters and myself being harassed in the Magic Kingdom. Thank you." he finishes with clear diction

A tho-way thinkagram was 2 Rands before, lets see if a 1-way is only 1 Rand
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-18 at 07:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman nods and purses his lips deep in thought "I see. We could walk there ourselves in force.. But I think it's high time to start spending. Is it possible to hire thinkagrams without being in front of the thinkamancer?" he inquires to the casters present.

”It is you highness, if you know the Thinkamancers name you merely need to concentrate on it and your desire to make contact. If you are fortunate the Thinkamancer will open a thinkagram with you” Dotti replies.

"Very well, then that is what I shall do, and have AC join us here." Erfman states with his mind set. Erfman is just about to start concentrating when the portal suddenly ripples and the white clad form of AC steps through the portal with a scowl on his. ”Sorry I’m late, ruddy carnies been wastin my time all morning...” he grumbles with a frown before noticing the presence of Trixy in the portal room.

24. - Top - End - #324

Erfman sagely nods and says for Trixie's benefit "I still plan on hiring plenty of 'ruddy carnies' in the future, but this turn, they were wasting your time on purpose." he then gestures to Dotti "Look at what happened to Dotti in the MK" he says while standing by Dotti's chair protectively "I think, if you're willing, you can count on being hired for all foreseeable turns" he says calmly but with an upset look on his face

Erfman preemptively transfers 6 Rands and points to a fruit that is handed by a scout to AC and asks "Let us make it official? Do you agree to be here near turn start, for the foreseeable future and receive upkeep and 6 Rands for your Juice and protection, with a bonus of 4 Rands if combat ever happens in the MK?" he solemnly intones

(after accepting)
    "Thank you, then please, turn these 3 fruits into Rands so then we can go to The House of Healing for Dotti and myself." he motions to the table with an empty chair as a scout puts another 3 fruits in front of that seat.

EDIT:
    As AC eats, Erfman gestures and says "Be right back, going to make a backpack, please help me Cadaver" motioning Cadaver to join him as he moves to the tower having the materials brought to him. Cadaver then deposits 50Juice into the tower and Erfman casts from Tower Juice to fabricate the sturdy backpack (48 fruit capacity, hands free)
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-18 at 10:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325

I will plus one with one change have cadavar drop 50 juice into the tower and use the stored juice to make the backpack.

26. - Top - End - #326

AssassinGuy

Immediate utility and long term utility. I'll support the crafting. Then we get to the hard part of the turn

27. - Top - End - #327

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman sagely nods and says for Trixie's benefit "I still plan on hiring plenty of 'ruddy carnies' in the future, but this turn, they were wasting your time on purpose." he then gestures to Dotti "Look at what happened to Dotti in the MK" he says while standing by Dotti's chair protectively "I think, if you're willing, you can count on being hired for all foreseeable turns" he says calmly but with an upset look on his face.

Dotti flushes in embarrassment at being the centre of attention and pointedly looks away while everyone looks at her.

”Hmmph happens sometimes...” AC declares with a shrug of his shoulders. ”You can get a lot of desperate casters in the MK...” he adds. ”I’ve always said Dotti needs to know how to defend herself but you know how hippies are...” the Shockamancer then comments.

Erfman preemptively transfers 6 Rands and points to a fruit that is handed by a scout to AC and asks "Let us make it official? Do you agree to be here near turn start, for the foreseeable future and receive upkeep and 6 Rands for your Juice and protection, with a bonus of 4 Rands if combat ever happens in the MK?" he solemnly intones.

”Hmmm I’m not gonna commit myself to anything long term!” AC declares bluntly. ”But I will do my best to be here at the start of your turn for the next ten turns atleast...” AC replies as he accepts the fruit and the rands.

AC sighs and gives the fruit a disdainful glance but he picks one up and takes a large bite none the less.

As AC eats, Erfman gestures and says "Be right back, going to make a backpack, please help me Cadaver" motioning Cadaver to join him as he moves to the tower having the materials brought to him. Cadaver then deposits 50Juice into the tower and Erfman casts from Tower Juice to fabricate the sturdy backpack. Using the two units of wool and a sword that a scout brought him Erfman is able to use 25 of the juice from the tower and create a simple but rather sturdy backpack.

[Reinforced knitted Backpack obtained]

28. - Top - End - #328

- load up 48 fruits
    - go to house of healing, heal Dotti and us
    (out of inspiration atm to type it out)
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-19 at 02:28 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329

We need trixy to come along as well.

30. - Top - End - #330

GnomeWizardGuy

Who is taking the trip to the magic kindgdom and are you taking any items other than the backpack full of fruit?