New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1273
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

Dotti and Harmony

I am this courtier is very pushy and has orders to find infomation. Would a pinky swear to leave the city if I say so work? Could we add in violating this pinky swear would break the NAP.

Turning towards the Imperia force

Have Grim climb the wall to speak to the courtier.

Courtier Herin welcome to Fanon. His majesty will be here shortly to speak with you. However, seem to be missing some troops. Where did the rest of your forces go?
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-07-08 at 04:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

+1 on the dotti and harmony question. I'd rather resolve that before we start on anything directly interacting with the delegation though

3. - Top - End - #1113

Sure........

4. - Top - End - #1114

GnomeWizardGuy

Dotti and Harmony

”I am, this courtier is very pushy and has orders to find information. Would a pinky swear to leave the city if I say so work? Could we add in violating this pinky swear would break the NAP.” Erfman asks.

”If they were to make a pinky swear in advance that they would leave the city when asked to do so then yes that should work as a way to force them to leave the city...” Dotti begins ”However unless we were to modify the contract it would not result in a breach of the NAP if they resisted the compulsion to obey the pinky swear.” Dotti informs.

5. - Top - End - #1115

Erfman will step up onto the walls looking down on the Imperia Forces.

Good turn Courtier Herin. It seems some of your forces have gone missing. Where have the rest of your troops gone courtier?

Or other idea turn to Dotti.

Dotti, you have alot more experience and are more suited to these kind of things. I want to know where their other troops are. I also want a pinky swear that the Imperia Forces will leave the city when told to. They have sent a courtier on this mission would it be appropriate to allow Harmony to respond to them?

Erfman also sends an order to all uncroaked to head for the prison cells and to disarm the portal trap ( AC may be coming soon)
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-07-10 at 07:34 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Refined

In private, with Harmony present
    "Dotti, you have a lot more experience and are more suited to these kind of things, so it might be better for you to take point. Here are the side priorities:
    - We want to protect our troops and building secrets, thus we'd like to have a side NDA. Alternatively we could keep most troops out of sight, and all doors locked;
    - We want to be able to sortie on our turn, leaving the city empty during our turn, and thus not having to leave a guard for our guests if they stay in-hex. For that matter, a pinky swear that the Imperia Forces will leave the city when told to is seemingly a must."
    Erfman lists

"An alternative to both could be denying entrance and setting up a negotiation table and refreshments outside of the walls, but uncertain what will be more diplomatically damaging" Erfman worries

"As a plus, it'd be nice to know where the rest of their troops are." Erfman then complements

"They have sent a courtier on this mission would it be appropriate to allow Harmony to respond to them?" Erfman offers the idea

Erfman also sends an order to all uncroaked to board the Luggage and the portal trap disarmed as AC may be coming soon

"Also, can you think of a tactful way to keep Cadaver and Kelly out of their sight? Since they have demonstrated their displeasure with using Uncroaked" Erfman remembers
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-07-10 at 10:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1117

+1 to everything but cadavar and kelly.

Not willing to damage our relationship with them which hiding them might do.

Also going to be hard to get a NDA off turn

8. - Top - End - #1118

Easy to get an NDA from the MK, fruits already popped

and we're talking to Dotti and Harmony, Cadaver and Kelly are not present

9. - Top - End - #1119

GnomeWizardGuy

In private, with Harmony present

"Dotti, you have a lot more experience and are more suited to these kind of things, so it might be better for you to take point. Here are the side priorities:
    - We want to protect our troops and building secrets, thus we'd like to have a side NDA. Alternatively we could keep most troops out of sight, and all doors locked;
    - We want to be able to sortie on our turn, leaving the city empty during our turn, and thus not having to leave a guard for our guests if they stay in-hex. For that matter, a pinky swear that the Imperia Forces will leave the city when told to is seemingly a must."
    Erfman lists.

Dotti takes a deep breath before replying. ”I understand your desire to keep sensitive information secret your highness but I would advise against keeping all of your forces hidden behind closed doors. Certainly the ones you wish to keep secret keep out of sight but if you do not show any forces it would be suspicious and may even make you appear weak” Dotti replies. ”The pinky swear to leave when asked is a reasonable condition and I would be surprised if they did not accept it if they have any true desire to negotiate...” Dotti continues. ”We already have a NAP in place with a sizeable 100,000s penalty. If they were to attack us during our turn, they would immediately pay the 100,000s shmuckers penalty and they would only have two stacks of pikers to attempt to take the city with and then defend it as we would still have the move to return to the city and immediately retake it. “ Dotti explains.

"An alternative to both could be denying entrance and setting up a negotiation table and refreshments outside of the walls, but uncertain what will be more diplomatically damaging" Erfman worries

”That Ofcourse would be possible but would be a clear display that we do not trust them and would likely be taken as an insult. It could be also interpreted that we are fearful of two stacks of pikers...” Dotti adds.

"As a plus, it'd be nice to know where the rest of their troops are." Erfman then comments.

Dotti nods in agreement. ”That we can ask them” Dotti then replies.

"They have sent a courtier on this mission would it be appropriate to allow Harmony to respond to them?" Erfman offers the idea.

”For the initial greeting? yes that should be acceptable. However they are here to talk to the king of Fanon, they will expect to deal with you eventually...” Dotti replies.

Erfman also sends an order to all uncroaked to board the Luggage and the portal trap disarmed as AC may be coming soon. Erfman senses the Uncroaked within the city moving towards the luggage and after a short while he senses the trap in the portal room deactivate.

"Also, can you think of a tactful way to keep Cadaver and Kelly out of their sight? Since they have demonstrated their displeasure with using Uncroaked" Erfman remembers.

”Let me ask you this your highness... Do you wish to make Cadaver or Kelly part of the side?” Dotti asks. ”If so I would not hide them. Such an action suggests you are ashamed of them.” Dotti adds with a slight frown. ”And if you wish for a lasting peace with Imperia I would not lie to them, they will find out about Cadaver and Kelly eventually particularly if you plan to continue to use Uncroaked. Once they discover the truth that could sour any relationship we form this turn. Better to be honest from the start” Dotti declares.

Dotti then pauses and looks thoughtful for a moment before speaking up once again. ”I suggest we proceed as follows, we send Harmony out with an escourt of lets say two Stabbers to greet Courtier Henri and extract a pinky swear from him to leave the city when asked to do so. If you are concerned about the threat the pikers pose we can also get her to explain that Courtier Henri may enter but he is only allowed an honour guard of two units and the rest must remain outside the walls. In the meantime I will see about getting our troops looking presentable and have the infantry and the knights form up in the courtyard for an official greeting. First impressions afterall are important. We then have Harmony or possibly Grim escourt him directly to the negotiating room where you and I shall be waiting.” Dotti suggests. ”Now when negotiations truly begin we need to consider not only want we want from Imperia but what we are willing to give in return...” Dotti adds as she looks at Erfman.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-07-11 at 07:14 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1120

Im going to agree with everything Dotti said. In addition I say we have Cadavar, Kelly, Andy, Grim and Dotti at the negotiation with us. I see no reason to hide any of them and showing four casters plus ourselfs may give anyone pause.

Have strife keep an eye on the pikers. From the top of the tower.

I also agree with the honor guard. I also dont mind them being in the city off turn with only 2 pikers. Lets be honest stompy can handle 2 pikers and a courtier solo even with their stack bonus.

After Harmony announces the Courtier

welcome courtier Herin please have a seat. Now what can I do for you this fine turn?

As for what we want a long term NAP.. Help against the dark one would be great. Im not sure what we could give them in return besides infomation. We could give the location that an obilisk was. Info on the units the dark one has employed.

11. - Top - End - #1121

+1 to all except the speech to Herin

And adding more detail,

To Dotti:
    "Very well, those are very good points Dotti. With only the Courtier and his honour guard of two pikers we need not ask for the pinky swear (and weaken our negotiation position). Harmony, please go welcome the Courtier and bring him and his honour guard to the negotiations room after Dotti assembled our troops in the yard" Erfman agrees

Later sitting at the negotiations table, when the Courtier arrives with Harmony, "Courtier Herin, welcome to Fanon. Please have a seat, restate your case and let us begin."

12. - Top - End - #1122

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphermancer View Post
    Im going to agree with everything Dotti said. In addition I say we have Cadavar, Kelly, Andy, Grim and Dotti at the negotiation with us. I see no reason to hide any of them and showing four casters plus ourselfs may give anyone pause.

Have strife keep an eye on the pikers. From the top of the tower.

I also agree with the honor guard. I also dont mind them being in the city off turn with only 2 pikers. Lets be honest stompy can handle 2 pikers and a courtier solo even with their stack bonus.
    ”Very good your highness.” Dotti declares as she starts to get everything organised. Both Dotti and Harmony then hurry off with Dotti heading towards the courtyard while Harmony heads towards the gates.

The gates then swing open and Harmony strides through flanked by two Stabbers. As she does so the Imperia pikers seem to stand to attention. There is a brief round of discussion back and fourth between Harmony and the courtier before both step forwards and link fingers. The pikers then fallout out with two stepping forwards to flank Henri while the rest move back slightly from the walls and begin pulling equipment out of their packs as they seemingly start to put up a number of tents.

Dotti meanwhile has lined up all of the available infantry and knights in the courtyard and after carefully inspecting them (brushing down or straightening their livery when ever necessary) she hurries off to the negotiation room leaving Grim in charge.

Erfman is then forced to head to the negotiation room himself or end up being late. Reaching the negotiation room Erfman takes a seat flanked by Dotti, Cadavar, Kelly and Andy. After some time Harmony enters the room. [b]”Your highness Courtier Henri of Imperia”[b] Harmony announces before she and Grim both join the group on Erfman’s side of the table.

”Welcome Courtier Henri please have a seat. Now what can I do for you this fine turn?” Erfman greets.

”Thankyou your highness.” the Courtier replies as he takes a seat opposite Erfman with his two pikers taking up a standing position just behind. ”Thankyou for having me on such short notice. I must say, that is quite the impressive welcoming committee of casters you have there though I note that all but one of them are merely aligned with Fanon and are not actual members of the side.” The courtier adds as he seems to study each of the casters. ”I am afraid Imperia’s records must be a little out of date as I am not familiar with any of these casters...” he adds with a slightly raised eyebrow.

”Now I have brought some gifts... trinkets really but I am afraid I must get some unpleasantness out of the way first.” the Courtier then declares with a slight frown before fixing Erfman with a rather intense look. ”Let me be blunt. Is it true that you Erfman did conspire with outside parties to croak the former King of Fanon, King Headcannon so that you may become ruler in his place?” the courtier asked directly as he leaned forwards compelling Erfman to answer.

As for what we want a long term NAP.. Help against the dark one would be great. Im not sure what we could give them in return besides infomation. We could give the location that an obilisk was. Info on the units the dark one has employed.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-07-12 at 07:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1123

Erfman will let the suprise show on his face at the outrages acusation.
    Before responding

Courtier Herring I had nothing to do with the MURDER of my father. I will also pinky swear to that fact.

Erfmans tone goes cold during the sentence. Taking a deep breath before continuing. Trying to calm himself.

I know very little of how my father croaked. I do know that the dark one was involved. I also know my older brother redshirt was croaked and was turned into some kind of advanced uncroak by the dark one. He may have been involved in my father death. However, I am unsure of that. I do know that red shirt lead an attack on this city a few turns ago and was dusted during the attack. I have to ask courtier where did you hear such lies?
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-07-14 at 12:48 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1124

Sure

15. - Top - End - #1125

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman will let the suprise show on his face at the outrageous accusation before responding. ”Courtier Henri I had nothing to do with the MURDER of my father. I will also pinky swear to that fact.” Erfman’s tone goes cold during the sentence.

Courtier Henri’s eyes narrow as he stares directly at Erfman for a few moments before nodding to himself. ”No that will not be necessary I can see the truth in your words.” the courtier responds before leaning back in his chair slightly.

From her position at Erfman’s side Dotti then discretely whispers in to Erfman’s ear. ’Signamancy special...’

Taking a deep breath before continuing Erfman try’s to calm himself. ”I know very little of how my father croaked. I do know that the dark one was involved. I also know my older brother redshirt was croaked and was turned into some kind of advanced uncroak by the dark one. He may have been involved in my father’s death. However, I am unsure of that. I do know that red shirt lead an attack on this city a few turns ago and was dusted during the attack. I have to ask courtier where did you hear such lies?” Erfman responds.

Courtier Henri seems to study Erfman’s face and nods along as he speaks. ”I see...” Henri then responds when Erfman stops speaking. ”Well rumours have begun to spread amongst the local sides though most of what I have heard is second if not third hand. With no information coming out of Fanon though it was hard to ascertain the validity of the information...” Henri replies with a slight sniff. ”I must reveal however that none of it paints Fanon in a very positive light...” the courtier then reveals.

”This Dark One... Are you willing to share with us what intelligence you have on him?” the courtier then questions.

16. - Top - End - #1126

Erfman give Dotti a small nod after the whisper

After Herin finishes speaking. Erfman pauses thinking it over

I see no down side sharing infomation about the dark one and his side. However I will need to know who these 2nd and 3rd parties are. I have had no dealings with any local sides beyond the Dark Side. So anyone passing along this info to you is allied with dark one or on good enough terms to pass along misinfomation.

17. - Top - End - #1127

+11111111111111111111

18. - Top - End - #1128

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman gives Dotti a small nod after the whisper.

After Henri finishes speaking. Erfman pauses thinking it over.

”I see no down side sharing infomation about the dark one and his side. However I will need to know who these 2nd and 3rd parties are. I have had no dealings with any local sides beyond the Dark Side. So anyone passing along this info to you is allied with the dark one or on good enough terms to pass along misinfomation.” Erfman states.

”Well as I said these are rumours that have begun to spread but we have heard whisperings from Issryss aswell as the traders from The Fairwind Fleet.” Henri replies with a thoughtful look. ”I believe there was also a mercenary band that reported being attacked by Fanon’s forces while in the process of being hired...” Henri adds. ”I hope that answers your question?” Henri then asks.

”What I wish to know in return is how many of Fanon’s former cities does this Dark Side currently hold? Also any information on the types and number of units they have in the area would also be greatly appreciated...” Henri responds.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Erfman pauses to think over his answer

Im afraid I cant rwally answer about the cities. I don't know all of the cities my father use to own. We havnt been incontact in any way with those sides or the Barbarian company.

Sending a mental order for grim to come down to negotiation room if he isnt already there.

As for infomation on the dark one and his side im happy to share that information.

First off the dark one is a croakamancer, he also has some skill at carnymancy and maybe thinkamancy. He also has some obilisks. These seem to boost his power. They drain the energy from the very erf. Turning the land around it into a wasteland. We have destroyed the ones we have found. We do know they allow the darkone to cast croakamancy spells in the hex even if he isnt in the hex.

As for number of his units that tough to answer. The dark one uses alot of uncroaked. These uncroaked dont decay like normal uncroaked. In addition to that the dark one croaks members of his own side and uncroaks them. He can even uncroak some of his units over and over again. Since some of them dont dust.

As for his units. In addition to the common uncroaked the. Their most common unit are wavens. They are a small flying uncroaked the darkone uses for scouting. These units are popped and then uncroaked by the darkone. They have a mount version and a magenta version with a capture special.

They have a exploding skeletion capable of siege damage and destroying a stack of units. They also have a mummy knight that can release a spore breath attack. That can infect a target with a disease that resists healomancy.

20. - Top - End - #1130

+11111111¹11

21. - Top - End - #1131

GnomeWizardGuy

Erfman pauses to think over his answer

”Im afraid I cant really answer about the cities. I don't know all of the cities my father used to own. We haven’t been in contact in any way with those sides or the Barbarian company. Erfman replies.

Henri nods along as he listens before frowning. ”Well that is rather concerning it seems you are lacking in some rather important information” he declares before pulling out a slip of paper and giving it a quick read. ”Imperia’s last reports indicate that the side of Fanon consisted of the city of Fanon, Fanfic, Fanart, Fanboy and Fangirl. How many of these cities can you account for?” Henri then questions.

”As for infomation on the dark one and his side im happy to share that information.

First off the dark one is a croakamancer, he also has some skill at carnymancy and maybe thinkamancy. He also has some obilisks. These seem to boost his power. They drain the energy from the very erf. Turning the land around it into a wasteland. We have destroyed the ones we have found. We do know they allow the darkone to cast croakamancy spells in the hex even if he isnt in the hex.

As for the number of his units that’s tough to answer. The dark one uses alot of uncroaked. These uncroaked dont decay like normal uncroaked. In addition to that the dark one croaks members of his own side and uncroaks them. He can even uncroak some of his units over and over again. Since some of them don’t dust.

As for his units. In addition to the common uncroaked their most common unit are wavens. They are a small flying uncroaked the darkone uses for scouting. These units are popped and then uncroaked by the darkone. They have a mount version and a magenta version with a capture special.

They have a exploding skeletion capable of siege damage and destroying a stack of units. They also have a mummy knight that can release a spore breath attack. That can infect a target with a disease that resists healomancy.”
    Erfman reveals.

As Erfman speaks the courtier pulls out a small book and begins rapidly taking notes. Once Erfman finishes Henri looks up. ”Very useful information though without numbers it is difficult to know how to rank them as a threat...” Henri replies. ”We have noted the unusual increase in the amount of Waven’s about...” Henri then comments. ”Her majesty will not be pleased to learn that this new side seems to almost exclusively use uncroaked.” he then adds.

”Would you consent to a thinkagram?” Henri then asks. ”Queen Vicky would very much like to speak with you in person...” he adds by way of explanation.

22. - Top - End - #1132

While I have no problem with croakamancy. It is a branch of magic created by the titans just like thinkamancy, dollamancy, or signamancy. The croaking of your own sides units or captured prisioners is vile. Do you know the locations of these cities? Names may have changed.

As for the thinkagram, I would be willing to accept one.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-07-17 at 02:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133

"Do you know the locations of these cities? The names may have changed." Erfman chimes in as Henry lists Fanon's old cities

As the Courtier finishes speaking Erfman replies diplomatically
    "I am a relatively new ruler, and so far have no problem with croakamancy. It seems to be a branch of magic created by the titans just like thinkamancy, dollamancy, or signamancy. The croaking of your own sides units or captured prisoners however, that I cannot abide."

"As for the thinkagram, I do consent."
    Erfman finishes

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WurmD View Post
    "Do you know the locations of these cities? The names may have changed." Erfman chimes in as Henry lists Fanon's old cities

As the Courtier finishes speaking Erfman replies diplomatically
    "I am a relatively new ruler, and so far have no problem with croakamancy. It seems to be a branch of magic created by the titans just like thinkamancy, dollamancy, or signamancy. The croaking of your own sides units or captured prisoners however, that I cannot abide."

Erfman finishes
    I'm generally good with this, but I propose the following:

"Do you know the locations of these cities? The names may have changed. I cannot account for Fanboy or Fangirl."

"I am a relatively new ruler, and so far have no problem with croakamancy, nor any other Art granted us by the Titans. The Dark One, however, seems to be perverting the Art into something the Titans did not intend, by removing all cost to the Art, destroying the very Erf, and croaking their own units specifically for the purpose of uncroaking them, none of which I can abide.

edit: grammar
    Last edited by SomeGuy411; 2020-07-17 at 03:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135

K, +1'''''''''

26. - Top - End - #1136

GnomeWizardGuy

"Do you know the locations of these cities? The names may have changed. I cannot account for Fanboy or Fangirl." Erfman replies.

Henri studies Erfman for a second before nodding. ”I am aware of their location. If you were to take me to your map room I could quite easily point out which one is which.” the courtier replies

"I am a relatively new ruler, and so far have no problem with croakamancy, nor any other Art granted us by the Titans. The Dark One, however, seems to be perverting the Art into something the Titans did not intend, by removing all cost to the Art, destroying the very Erf, and croaking their own units specifically for the purpose of uncroaking them, none of which I can abide.” Erfman declares.

”Given the fact that you currently employ two croakamancers that statement does not surprise me...” Henri replies as he nods roughly in the direction of Cadaver and Kelly before slightly raising an eyebrow and looking at Erfman.

”...I am however not here to debate the ethical implications of the different schools of magic, I am more concerned about what threats they pose to Imperia...” Henri adds after a few moments of silence.

"As for the thinkagram, I do consent." Erfman then confirms.

”Very good one moment and I shall request a Thinkagram” Henri replies before a look of concentration spreads across the courtiers face. Henri is silent for a good few minutes before Erfman suddenly hears a voice in his head.

”King Erfman of Fanon this is Thinkamancer Sky Pee of the Thinkamancers guild. I have a request to connect you to Queen Vicky of Imperia by Thinkagram. Do you accept the connection?” the voice asks.

27. - Top - End - #1137

As the Courtier requests to move to the map room Erfman takes out the original ratty paper map and spreads it on the table. "Here, this is our current area of influence. Fanart is in the hands of a Barbarian group, and Fanfic is taken by the Dark Side" Erfman says pointing out the respective cities. "These two obelisk we've seeken out and destroyed." He indicates the outdated Obelisk markers, "We have learned there are more to the North. Do tell us where Fangirl and Fanboy stand in relation to this." Erfman finishes leaning back

Erfman replies to the suggestion Croakamancy can be a threat to the side "Schools of magic don't pose threats, units do. And Cadaver and Kelly here" Erfman says gesturing to the casters at his side "are good friends and have been a great help in the fight against the Dark One, who poses a grave threat to our side"

"Incoming thinkagram, I accept" Erfman says out loud for the benefit of his commanders
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-07-20 at 08:54 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138

+1 accept

We can see about the map after the thinkagram

Dotti could make a map with 25 juice.

Slight change from

And Cadaver and Kelly here" Erfman says gesturing to the casters at his side "are acting like valuable members of the side in the fight against the Dark One, who poses a grave threat to our side"

To

And Cadavar and Kelly are good friends and have been a great help against the dark one. Who poses a grave threat to our side.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-07-20 at 08:13 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1139

As the Courtier requests to move to the map room Erfman takes out the original ratty paper map and spreads it on the table. "Here, this is our current area of influence. Fanart is in the hands of a Barbarian group, and Fanfic is taken by the Dark Side" Erfman says pointing out the respective cities. "These two obelisk we've seeken out and destroyed." He indicates the outdated Obelisk markers, "We have learned there are more to the North. Do tell us where Fangirl and Fanboy stand in relation to this." Erfman finishes leaning back

Erfman then replies to the suggestion Croakamancy can be a threat to the side "Schools of magic don't pose threats, units do. And Cadaver and Kelly here" Erfman says gesturing to the casters at his side "are good friends and have been a great help in the fight against the Dark One, who poses a grave threat to our side"

"Incoming thinkagram, I accept" Erfman says out loud for the benefit of his commanders
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-07-20 at 08:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1140

+1...............