New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Erfman the Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphermancer View Post
    Alright so we have 1250 shmuckers worth of gems. Here is what I suggest.

Dotti: using the juice in the tower (75 )and AC juice (25) to have dotti use her juice to modify our portal room during the upgrade. Desk, chair, nice carpet, drapes, good lighting, and maybe a fire place. This is done in the hopes to improve future negotiation with mk casters. This has my vote. Kind of a building slot without using one.
    "AC, would you deposit the last of your Juice in the tower, to make it available during the Capital upgrade?" Erfman requests.

AC deposits the last of his juice in to the tower and then turns to face Erfman. ”Well I think that’s it for me for the turn... I’m going to head back to the MK and get some rest...” The Shockamancer declares before heading back through the portal.

Convert 500 shmucker worth of gems. Then upgrade the city.
    Erfman then heads to the gem store and immediately converts some of the gems boosting the treasury by 500 shmuckers.

(Going to process running expenses for the turn now and will handle the upgrade in my next post)

Give 750 shmuckers worth of gems to Bowie. Have him pop 3 new gobwins ( assuming 250 shmuckers for each gobwin)
    The rest of the gems are then given to Bowie for more Gobwins. The Gobwin chief grunts in acknowledgement as he accepts the gems before turning and heading for the tunnels.

Units with Move to put into WatchTower construction:
    - Erman 2
    - Mahogany 1
    - Strife 1
    - Bob 2
    - Stompy 4
    - Alleria 1
    - Fletch 1
    - Pierce 1
    - Robin 1
    - Bowie 1
    - Lizer 14
    - Scout G 14
    Reserve
    - Dotti
    - AC
    (Huh I had missed that Lizer and Scout G still had move. I had thought all scouts had already used up their move)

"No sense letting Move go to waste. Let us see how far we get in this watch tower's construction" says Erfman prompting his still-with-Move side members to methodically do what needs be done, in the numbered sub-tasks specified in the watch-tower design he and Dotti came up with.

Recruiting a couple of scouts to help with the construction project the work force are able to make a little more progress and the wooden walls of a somewhat crude tower begins to rise up though by the time the scouts can make no more progress for the turn it is still far from complete.

[Watch tower ~20% complete]

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy411 View Post
    Gobwins can mine. Can that be used to tunnel under walls, and maybe even undermine them? What would the tactical implications be, good and bad? slow? limited zone access? unit size restrictions? limited units at a time entering?
    edited for clarity
    Yes it can. It allows Gobwin’s to bypass the walls (and therefore tower defences aswell) and instead enter the city via the tunnel zone. Gobwins can lead other light units in to a tunnel zone but heavy units may not go with them.
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-02-28 at 03:05 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

W23. How much move was spent by whom?
    W24. Does it seem only fresh units can participate in building construction?

3. - Top - End - #243

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WurmD View Post
    W23. How much move was spent by whom?
    W24. Does it seem only fresh units can participate in building construction?
    Both scouts used their full move, no other units used any move.

"And Dotti, how about improving the Signamancy of the Portal room to give it a warm and welcoming feeling, and give us a definite bonus on negotiation with Barbarian casters?" he asks cupping his chin and looking up eyes unfocused. "Is this something you believe you could make happen with your Juice? And it would be enhanced by being done during the Capital upgrade?" he turns focusing on her with an intense gaze
    *Tomorrow we'll have Kelly over and she will name her terms to work with us; plus if all goes right, we could even negotiate something long term with Trixie* Erfman thinks as Dotti starts to respond.

”I will do my best your highness...” Dotti replies ”but we will have to relocate to the tower so that I can utilise the juice stored there...” Dotti adds before heading up to the stairs. Once in the tower Dotti waits for Erfman to join her and then holds out her hand. ”This will allow us to both direct aspects of the upgrade...” Dotti explains. ”I will focus in particular on the portal room while you may direct the rest of the upgrade...” Dotti then declares.

With a mental command Erfman then wills the city to be upgraded. The treasury suddenly plummets by 6,000s shmuckers and the entire city begins to shake. In the next moment all the juice in the tower is drained away to nothing

[City upgrade underway...]

[You may upgrade one city zone for free during upgrade please choose Walls, Tower, tunnels/dungeon, garrison or city]

4. - Top - End - #244

Hmm guessing walla will increase thier height and strength. Tower will increase the height and power of our town. Dungeon/ tunnels will give us an expanded tunnel area and maybe more cells. Does erfman know what the city and garrison upgrade will do?

5. - Top - End - #245

Indeed

Innate Knowledge! Does erfman have an inkling of what the city and garrison upgrade could do?

Garrison:
    Armoury (provides no bonus)
    Basic Barracks (provides no bonus)
    Basic Stables (allows the popping of riding goats. 1 building slot used)
    Basic library (provides no bonus)
    City Zone:
    Dwellings (provides no bonus)
    Storehouse (provides no bonus)
    Larder (provides no bonus)

Both are currently just a collection of buildings. Perhaps a possible bonus of one of them is increased building slots?

EDIT: Stompy all had his full move available (his total move was artificially lowered to 4). Did he really not spend any Move in construction? Does Erfman have an inkling as to why?
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-02-29 at 02:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246

GnomeWizardGuy

Indeed

Innate Knowledge! Does erfman have an inkling of what the city and garrison upgrade could do?

Garrison:
    Armoury (provides no bonus)
    Basic Stables (allows the popping of riding goats. 1 building slot used)
    City Zone:

Both are currently just a collection of buildings. Perhaps a possible bonus of one of them is increased building slots?
    You are not certain however you suspect a city upgrade may affect buildings in some way and a garrison upgrade will boost the defences of the garrison itself and may affect your units in some way.

7. - Top - End - #247

Stompy also had his full move available (his total move was artificially lowered to 4). Did he really not spend any Move in construction? Does Erfman have an inkling as to why?
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-02-29 at 02:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248

My vote is garrison. Chance of boosting our units, the buildings, and enhancing the defenses there.

9. - Top - End - #249

My first preference would be tower. But I don't object to Garrison :) and thus let's go with Garrison so we may advance ^_^
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-01 at 04:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250

GnomeWizardGuy

Stompy also had his full move available (his total move was artificially lowered to 4). Did he really not spend any Move in construction? Does Erfman have an inkling as to why?
    That is correct. For some reason he did not meet the required conditions.

The city continues to shake for a good few minutes before Dotti’s grip on Erfman’s hand suddenly falls slack and she collapses to the ground in exhaustion. Once the shaking finally comes to a stop the passageway in the tower that they are standing in seems a little wider and glancing out of the window they seem a little higher up. Erfman also immediately becomes aware that he has more options with regards to what units he can pop.

Capital City: Fanon City (00.00) Level 2 (20,000 to upgrade to level 3)
    City Zone upgrades: 3/4 (Walls lv1, Tower lv1, Garrison lv1)
    Building Slots: 2.2/8 (Basic stable, Workshop, Watch tower (~20%))
    Income: 2000 (3000 Managed)
    Production: ?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Production capacity: Scouts (4/turn)
    Pikers (4/turn)
    Stabbers (2/turn)
    Archers (2/turn)
    TrapSmith (1/turn)
    Negotiator (1/turn)
    Riding Goat (1/turn)
    Racing Goat (1/turn)
    War Goat (1 per 2 Turns)
    Knight "champion" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Knight "Lancer" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Knight "Sniper" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Knight "Far strider" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Heavy "Twoll" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Warlord (1 per 4 turns)

Tower: Level 1,0/200 (Raw juice:0)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dollamantic converter: The tower is able to convert juice to power Golems. Dollamancy Golems may pay upkeep in schmuckers or juice.
    Caster Bonus: Spells cast while in the tower are cast at caster level +1
    Arrow slits: The tower is lined with enough arrow slots to allow 16 single stacked archers to fire at once.
    Workshop (1 building slot used. Provides a bonus to crafting and spell research.)
    Watchtower (1 building slot used. Allows 3 hex view from tower)(20% built - all construction materials provided)

Garrison:Level 1 (reinforced structure)
    Spoiler
    Show

Tinker’s Armoury (provides advanced equipment for 8 units, equipment can only be used in the city)
    Advanced Stables (allows the popping of riding goats, racing goats and Wargoats. 1 building slot used)

City Zone:
    Spoiler
    Show

Walls: Level 1
    Tunnels/Dungeons: Level 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    Portal room: (luxurious, provides access to magic kingdom, guest suite, conference room, grand doors.)
    Cells: 1 (crude cavern, low security) Capacity 1/2

11. - Top - End - #251

Very good.

First off help dotti to her feet. Making sure she is ok.
    ( carry her is need be)

Taking her down to the portal room to check out her work

" dotti wow you have really out done yourself! This is even better than I hoped for thank you!" Allow Dotti to rest in her/ guest room.

Assign two units to look after dotti

Next head over to the new armory reviewing what the city can now pop on the way.

At the armory check on the gear seeing what the advanced gear can do!

12. - Top - End - #252

..........+1
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-03 at 09:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253

GnomeWizardGuy

Reaching down Erfman helps Dotti back to her feet, she is a little pale looking and a little unsteady on her feet but she is able to stand. ”Thankyou your highness...” Dotti declares softly. Heading down from the tower Erfman finds that all the stairways and passages that he passes are somewhat larger than they were before. Descending down to the dungeons Erfman finds that they are just as crude as they were before however a rich mahogany door now marks where the portal room begins. Stepping towards the doors they then silently swing open revealing the portal room beyond. The room itself is completely transformed. The floor itself is now a dark and polished wood and a red carpet runs the length of the room from the glowing yellow portal to the mahogany double doors. On the walls are a number of tapestries depicting King Erfman himself or the units of Fanon. To the side of the room are two smaller doors one leading to a room with a rich carpeted floor and four poster bed while the other leads to a large wooden table with a number of leather upholstered chairs. At the far end of the room is a small desk filled with parchment, quills and ink.

"Dotti wow you have really out done yourself! This is even better than I hoped for thank you!" Erfman then declares before leading the Signamancer to the new guest room to get some rest. Dotti weakly protests but eventually gives in and retires to get some rest.

Heading to the armoury Erfman mentally reviews what the city can now pop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Production capacity: Scouts (4/turn)
    Pikers (4/turn)
    Stabbers (2/turn)
    Archers (2/turn)
    TrapSmith (1/turn)
    Negotiator (1/turn)
    Riding Goat (1/turn)
    Racing Goat (1/turn)
    War Goat (1 per 2 Turns)
    Knight "champion" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Knight "Lancer" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Knight "Sniper" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Knight "Far strider" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Heavy "Twoll" (1 per 2 Turns)
    Warlord (1 per 4 turns)

Reaching the armoury Erfman finds that is now larger than it was before but more importantly he finds eight life sized mannequins fully dressed with armour and equipment. Strangely when he looks at the mannequins he can see they are well equipped but he can not pick out individual pieces of equipment.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Could we get trapsmith and Twoll stats, if innate knowledge will now allow that? I recall twolls having fabrication, but I suspect the trapsmiths will have something similar. pairing that with our dollamancy promises to drastically increase our crafting effectiveness.

Also, does the advanced equipment include tools, or is it strictly weapons and armor that automagically suit the unit that's using it? Does it have to be a garrison unit that claims the equipment in the city, or would they just be prevented from taking it outside the city? What happens if erfman tries to equip himself off one of the slots?

15. - Top - End - #255

+1

EDIT: if needed to ascertain effects of the advanced equipment, let's have 1 of each type of unit try them on after Erfman. Gobwin, Piker, Stabber, Archer, Alleria, Bob, Strife. (If trying one on uses it up for the day, we also test on a Scout tomorrow, and Chief Bowie)

Oooh, Negotiator! + Portal room bonus! For Kelly and Trixie tomorrow!
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-03 at 06:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256

For one we are not sure if the armor in the armory will bond to the unit. So I suggest this. We have rex (our one remaining stabber) try on the equipment. After we learn the effects. We have him put the equipment back if able or see if the equipment will return to the armory on its own at start of turn. We just try the one set of armor this turn.

Next while the negotiator, trap smith or twoll would be nice we need numbers. I suggest we still go for four pikers. Make them garrison.
    Last edited by Cyphermancer; 2020-03-03 at 08:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257

GnomeWizardGuy

Could we get trapsmith and Twoll stats, if innate knowledge will now allow that? I recall twolls having fabrication, but I suspect the trapsmiths will have something similar. pairing that with our dollamancy promises to drastically increase our crafting effectiveness.
    (I was going to wait until you popped one but I guess it can’t hurt)

Twoll
    5 / 4 / 12 / 8 / 100s
    Special: Heavy, Fabrication

Trapsmith
    0 / 0 / 4 / 8 / 30s
    Special: Trapper

Fabrication: Unit may spend 4 move to attempt to make an item out of raw materials. (Depending on the complexity of the item some items may require more than one successful attempt). If the unit is involved in building construction it makes double the progress of a regular unit.

Trapper: Unit may attempt to set set, disarm or activate traps. Unit may also spend 4 move to attempt to make a trap out of raw materials.

Also, does the advanced equipment include tools, or is it strictly weapons and armor that automagically suit the unit that's using it? Does it have to be a garrison unit that claims the equipment in the city, or would they just be prevented from taking it outside the city? What happens if erfman tries to equip himself off one of the slots?
    You can’t clearly make out the equipment but you believe it will most likely be weapons rather than tools.

As for the other questions you will have to try.

if needed to ascertain effects of the advanced equipment, let's have 1 of each type of unit try them on after Erfman. Gobwin, Piker, Stabber, Archer, Alleria, Bob, Strife. (If trying one on uses it up for the day, we also test on a Scout tomorrow, and Chief Bowie)

For one we are not sure if the armor in the armory will bond to the unit. So I suggest this. We have rex (our one remaining stabber) try on the equipment. After we learn the effects. We have him put the equipment back if able or see if the equipment will return to the armory on its own at start of turn. We just try the one set of armor this turn.
    (Since both plans use a Stabber we will start with that)

Summoning Rex the Stabber to the armoury Erfman has him equip himself with the equipment from one of the mannequins. The first item that Rex removes from the mannequin is a steel breastplate and set of bracers which he quickly puts on followed by a helm. Next he picks up a yellow metal kite shield and a fine looking Longsword. Finally he pulls on a yellow tabard.

Rex Level 1 Stabber
    2(3) / 2(4) / 6 / 8
    Equipped: Tinkered outfit
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-04 at 03:57 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258

(Oops, Rex was incapacitated XD. Retcon that to an Archer?)

and then ask
    "Very nice." says Erfman nodding appreaciatively. "Can you remove the Tinkered outfit?" he then asks thinking if it would be somehow bonded to the unit.

19. - Top - End - #259

GnomeWizardGuy

(For simplicities sake let’s say Rex has recovered enough to try on the armour but not do much else. Next time I will remember to check if the unit is actually conscious)

20. - Top - End - #260

"Very nice." says Erfman nodding appreciatively. "Can you now remove the Tinkered outfit?" he then asks thinking if it would be somehow bonded to the unit.

EDIT: *mental order for Scouts to help Stompy remove armor and store it in Armory* That +1 to defense really isn't worth the 2 move penalty, thinks Erfman
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-04 at 12:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

GnomeWizardGuy

"Very nice." says Erfman nodding appreciatively. "Can you now remove the Tinkered outfit?" he then asks thinking if it would be somehow bonded to the unit.

Rex nods and carefully removes the outfit replacing it on the mannequin. When Erfman looks at the equipment now it has retained it’s form and he can pick out and identify each individual piece of equipment.

EDIT: *mental order for Scouts to help Stompy remove armor and store it in Armory* That +1 to defense really isn't worth the 2 move penalty, thinks Erfman
    (Will just wait to make sure there’s no objections)

22. - Top - End - #262

AssassinGuy

Heavy armor seems best for garrison and cavalry. We need a mobile force at the moment, so I think the 2 moves counts for more than the 1 defense

23. - Top - End - #263

New standing order: - Arm each ranged unit with melee weapon from armoury as soon as they join the side

Yes?

And have conscious archers go pick weapons for their unconscious buddies and equip them

EDIT: And we're done :) we can end turn
    Set popping order to Negotiator

-- Next dawn (before next turn starts [we have ferals wandering in our reach, so they take their turn first]) --
    Collect Capital fruits (+18 fruits), Give 20 to Dotti, and to catch casters at the earliest in the turn possible, Ask Dotti to seek Rand Conversions,
    To Offer, in order of desirability: 1 fruit per 3 Rand Convertions; 2 fruit per 100J; 3 fruit per 100J; 2 Rands per 100J (with 3 fruit eating)
    Use only the 20 fruits for 4->3 instant conversions; line up rest for after start of turn, around noon (to give us time for unhurried scout reports, fruit gathering, and breakfast)

Remember AC, Dotti and Cadaver we'll gift them breakfast fruits after turn start and scouts collect fruits and scout reports.
    Also remember Trixie and Kelly when they arrive we'll gift them breakfast today
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-04 at 02:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

Lets go for it +1

25. - Top - End - #265

AssassinGuy

Ah, compromise. I third this motion.

26. - Top - End - #266

GnomeWizardGuy

(So just to confirm you want to pop a negotiator not pikers)

27. - Top - End - #267

Yep negotiator

28. - Top - End - #268

GnomeWizardGuy

[Turn processing underway... it may take some time...]

Who is being given rations?
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-05 at 05:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269

redface Re: Erfman the Barbarian

Hmm, everyone's upkeep was marked [paid] bc everyone during the turn ate a fruit?
    That's what we need to process turn start?

This new turn will start with everyone's upkeep not being charged to the treasury, and then during the turn proper we'll collect hundreds of fruits again and have everyone eat one again? (So then we can write [paid] in front of each unit's upkeep again)

EDIT:
    - have Jessie lie down next to Woodie and Julienne, and await the start of turn. We will not be paying her upkeep in shcmukers or Juice

Erfman wakes up before dawn with a troubled feeling and confusing thoughts 'Are there barbarians out there without the comfort of paid upkeep this night? Are there casters right now with a red flashing light in their purse senses right now?' thinking back to his first meal as a Barbarian, and the only time he felt that red, even if only momentarily.

Erfman gets up and walks the darkened halls of his Capital until he is at the guest suite's door. He opens it just a crack and then lightly knocks and faintly calls "(Dotti? Are you awake?)"

"I woke up troubled, may I come in?" he asks before stepping in and leaving the door slightly ajar. "Are there barbarian casters about to depop? We had two fruits leftover, and I would gift it to them if I only knew where they were..." he then shares, really thinking of asking nothing in return
    Last edited by WurmD; 2020-03-05 at 09:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

GnomeWizardGuy

The paid status was for turn 16, turn 17 is about to begin and if they do not eat rations their upkeep will come out of the treasury.

Edit: you may choose to withhold upkeep from a unit (or all units) but if you do not give them a ration before the end of turn they will depop
    Last edited by _Wiz_; 2020-03-06 at 02:42 AM.