Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: CAVE: Conquering Alliance of Villainous Evil!

[HQ Cafeteria]

Nemo does, in fact, finish her meal!

"Oh?" she asks. "Th-that's good." She stands up as well. "It sounds nice."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Headed South

"Of course." The windcaller bows, as the other officers of the vessel climb back aboard. She doesn't climb; she spreads her arms and flies up to the ship's deck as it gets back on the move. Her magic fills the sails and her apprentices join her, moving the sand under the landship's wheels to give it better traction. Ierek the halfling is short even for a halfling, and stands on the railing dripping blood from a cut on the back of his hand onto the ground below.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

3. - Top - End - #123

NinjaGuy

[HQ Cafeteria -> Red Quarters ]

Kaydara nods as she starts leading Nemo away from the cafeteria, into a larger hallway. Down a few stairs, across a rather large atrium, filled with bustling soldiers, both android and organic, and finally into a deeper area of the base, clearly dwarven architecture at one point, but re-purposed. A number of doors stretch across the hall, and nearby, there seems to be a library of sorts, an open area filled with documents, books, and computer equipment. Kaydara reaches the second door, and removes a small tube from a device next to the door, and hands it to Nemo. The door hisses open.

"Here we are. I think you'll find this suitable. The cafeteria is nearby, along with one of our data archives, so you can indulge your bookworm. And inside," she says, gesturing for Nemo to follow her through the door, "Enough space to spread out in." And indeed there is; the room is set up like a large studio apartment, with a small kitchen in one corner, a bathroom in the opposite, and enough living space that both a bed and a couch fit neatly into the space. The entire thing is airy enough that Nemo can stretch her wings to the fullest and not hit anything with them, but cozy enough that it doesn't feel empty.

"What do you think?"

[Red Base]

Kaydara nods, filing the data away.

"Of course. Most of the jobs we would need shouldn't require that sort of....moral quandry, that would require you to turn them down. In fact, I do have something you could help us with right away, if you're interested."

Headed South

Kaydara simply watches as the ship gets underway once more, before she herself rockets back into the sky. Balthius can deal with the pirates when they arrive; they're his problem now.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Base]

"What is it?" Emily asks with a frown. Something immediate? Huh. She leans forward, watching Kaydara's eyes; being a robot she may not have normal tells, but her neural mapping is clearly based on a humanoid, so maybe...
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #125

NinjaGuy

[Red Base]

"We'd like a better picture of the current factions in Riverside," Kaydara says. She seems to be being honest, for whatever that's worth. "We've not had time to do much scouting there yet, and we'd like to have a better picture overall of what's going on there, and who's making what happen."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [HQ Main Building - Meetings]

There's a stillness for a moment, as the dragons seem to be considering. Then, all at once, there are dozens of deep voices laughing in amusement. They must have been able to pick up on what Malice and Rasputin were saying to each other, even though they made no indication to stop it. Even Kaydara, Balthius, and Chaeron look amused, though they do not speak. Finally, the din dies down, and what is clearly the red dragon speaks.

"This one has spirit! Good! We approve." Kaydara herself nods at Malice, but still does not speak. The black dragon above Balthius speaks next, instead.

"He is amusing. We have no objection." Balthius's head doesn't move, but he raises an arm, and gives Malice a thumbs up. Chaeron himself speaks next, though his mouth never moves.

"The Well approves." He makes no gesture one way or the other, but finally, the blue speaks once more.

"We can move forward, then. We have an offer to make you, Malice." No more the address as "mortal", or the attempt to intimidate. The image of the sickly blue dragon drifts down to address Malice from an "even" footing, at eye level. "Use your knowledge and power to repair me. This much you have probably surmised. In return, I will bond with you, and grant you my power, knowledge, and control over all of the forces I create. We will be true allies, both strengthening the other, a symbiosis, neither controlling the other, but both aiding one another, my goals will be your goals, and you will represent me in all things going forwards. What say you?"
    "A much better offer than the one I was about to reject, thank you," Malice answers, sliding back into his usual self-absorption now that he's being afforded the respect he thinks he so richly deserves. A glance is shot towards Rasputin, who stares down at the floor rather than meet Malice's gaze. Time...there was a disturbance in time just now. The very universe itself shook, and no one here seems to realize. Is this an omen, a warning of what is to come if he allows his pupil to carry on down this road? The dragon promises unimaginable power and resources, but a dilution of purpose, a diminishing of Malice's true potential. He should speak up now, warn Malice against such a decision, but-

"Your peers will come to envy you, Blue," Malice warns, the smuggest of smirks dancing across his lips. "In time, we would rise to be first among equals. Are you prepared for that kind of risk?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    The Original Hooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi
    You can find me (and people almost as great as me) on the Nexus Server For Cool Attractive People! Come join us!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Base]

Emily will reach under the red cape that covers her waist and draw out a massively oversized pen - a tool that'd be a novelty item for any other person - and a notepad. As she brings her hand with the pen back up towards the table, however, she bangs it on the underside of the table with a "Woop," as if she didn't have the spatial awareness to avoid it. In reality, this is to leave a small extra item on the underside of the table, where it should adhere to the wood of the table. The thing she was worried about in the case of a security check. Hopefully, Kaydara doesn't notice.

Once her notebook is on the table, she lays it out and begins writing, starting the page with "Riverside political situation" and starting to lay down points where she can write such, "Yeah, that shouldn't be too hard for me. When do you need this by?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #128

[Red Quarters]

Nemo follows.

She notices the library, looks at the architecture, tries to remember her way around and the path they took, and finally...

She grabs the tube.

"Oh! It's great!" she says, after walking through it. She looks around. It's really nice. "And...and it's just for me?" she asks to verify. "Is there anything I have to do to pay for it, or...?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

[Laboratories]

In a somewhat secluded part of the laboratory complex, Larukh is waiting with one of the automatons under his command, a few of his cultists and one of his robe-clad assistant sorcerers. He has taken his helmet off and he peers at the motionless suit of power armor with a grim expression. Then again, his expression is almost always grim and no one in CAVE can say to have seen him smile.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #130

NinjaGuy

[Laboratories]

Balthius Volgin sweeps into the lab with a pair of assistants, his smile a stark contrast to Larukh's grim expression. The two following in his wake are obviously of some sort of sorcerous bent. Both are female, one elf and one human, both carrying several wands. The elf carries a large tome with her, while the human has a bandolier filled with flasks containing various substances. Both are dressed in black lab coats, with simple outfits underneath of black pants, grey shirts, and wide leather belts, somewhat matching their master's own attire. They nod to Larukh while Balthius expounds.

"You said you had something you wanted to experiment with, Larukh? Let's see what you've got so far."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

[Laboratories]

"It is merely an idea of an experiment for now," the hulking sorcerer responds. He's not wearing his armor for this, which makes him tower over the surrounding people somewhat less. "I have told you that these automatons I have with me have no minds of their own. They only act at my command. But it might be... convenient if they could listen to someone else here, if I'm not present to instruct them."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #132

NinjaGuy

[Laboratories]

"Oh, indeed, it would be useful," Balthius says, nodding, "But do you have an idea of what it might take to get them to respond to the commands of others, or are we starting from scratch, here?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

[Laboratories]

"'Starting from scratch' would be indeed accurate, unfortunately," Larukh says, the idiom rolling off his tongue strangely. "The Rubric Marines normally respond to commands from sorcerers of the Thousand Sons legion, like myself. No one has ever considered even trying to subvert this, to my knowledge." He stands in front of the armor and looks into its dead eyes. "We may need to teach someone some measure of Warp sorcery. That is where their souls would go if they were not trapped in their armor. And that is where the spell that did this to them originated."