New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: What was your first forum or online community?

The Age of Chaos MUD was my first online community. It was still running the last time I checked, although I haven't played in years.

My first forum was either a hockey forum for my local team or the WotC D&D boards, can't remember which I joined first.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm never quite sure about what comes first with past events when it isn't clear but I think some german forum which name I can't remember. But the first where I really stayed a long time was a german ultima online freeshard, where I do remember the name but just don't mention it because I don't like connecting my online accounts and with pretty small communities mentioning them does that to a degree. A bit silly perhaps I am not even using the same name.

Anyway as player run server it was expected to RP and it was a fun time. (Not my first mmo that was everquest but I never got really involved with the community in everquest.)
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2020-01-09 at 07:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

To date myself, probably the 'Federation Space Trading Game' on AOL back in the mid-90s, though I eventually graduated to the Non-Affiliated Gaming Forum (NAGF) there.

Probably my first real regular forum interaction, though, came nearly a decade later with the Northern Virginia Anime Association. It's a shame those boards are down.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Official forums for the Quest for Glory games. It must've been 2000 or 2001 when I joined, but maybe it was as far back as 1999?

Yeeesh, it took me a solid minute to actually remember that. Actually, come to think of it, I think it was via a link on that board first discovered The Order of the Stick!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    The Official forums for the Quest for Glory games. It must've been 2000 or 2001 when I joined, but maybe it was as far back as 1999?

Yeeesh, it took me a solid minute to actually remember that. Actually, come to think of it, I think it was via a link on that board first discovered The Order of the Stick!
    Oh, man, I can talk me some Quest for Glory.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

6. - Top - End - #66

ClericGirl

Oh wow, something has now cued in me memories of my actual first online community: KidPub. 1996. Prime hangouts: KidMUD, and a train wreck of a "collaborative story" called "Gary And Liz: The Return to Gateway Mansion" that reset every month, maybe. Not only my first online community, but the era of my great experiment with troll accounts. In second grade. Don't remember what I did but I do remember it was villainous and leaves me with an inward cringe to this day.
    Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Quake II forum regarding new levels. It was more like amateur developers community. Ah. Nostalgia

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It was a Brazilian forum focused on fighting games, all the way back in the early 2000's.

I don't even remember its name.
    Homebrew Stuff:

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

My first forum was the AOL message boards. But my first proper one was GameFAQs. I hung around on the UK board/313 a lot, but eventually I left for...reasons.

After that I moved to here, TV Tropes and most recently Discord servers.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

10. - Top - End - #70

Flumph

It was a Harry Potter RPG forum.