New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WindStruck and Zene's The Haunting IC

"On second thought, when we go to see about the police report, maybe we all should be present for that..."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Wait. If there's another newspaper company nearby such as the Advertiser, wouldn't that be a better option?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    "On second thought, when we go to see about the police report, maybe we all should be present for that..."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Wait. If there's another newspaper company nearby such as the Advertiser, wouldn't that be a better option?
    Another newspaper of course could be an option, but the content might be of less quality, or just lacking when compared to the scope of the Boston Globe. You also all might be able to go over there tonight. It's close enough that it shouldn't be too dangerous, and it's (obviously) open all night.
    Also, Izzy decided to head to the Library.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Deirdre
    Show
    Considering how busy everyone looks and moreover, how organized the place is, Deirdre looks for any signs that may merely point to where the "morgue" is. Or perhaps another word to look for is "archives". For once, perhaps Deirdre didn't want to be noticed by anyone, given the whole incident of knocked over boxes.

(Is there some kind of receptionist or place where visitors are supposed to obviously wait? If possible, Deirdre would rather slip by and just try to find the place with old issues without bothering anyone or attracting attention.)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Deirdre McCoy
    Show
    You do notice a receptionist. A woman with a done-up bun with a decently-sized pile of work on her desk, but she'd probably more than willing to help out with what you need. Nevertheless, you're going to try and access them on your own.
    ----

Nevertheless, if you're looking around for what might be the archives without any assistance please give me a Spot Hidden roll, and then if you're going to try and sneak over there, please give me a Stealth roll. I'm questioning giving you a Penalty Die because you have a 90 APP, but that seems... a bit cruel.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Deirde notices the receptionist. Her gut seemed to think that she may actually be helpful, though at the same time... subconscious stubbornness? She looked to be really busy, anyway. Yeah, that's it. Don't bother her.

spot hidden: (1d100)[59]

Just act natural, Deirdre tells herself. Acting like you're just some other worker here or someone that knows what they're doing is the key to just traipsing past all these busy workers!

stealth: (1d100)[40]

penalty: (1d10)[8] That bright lime green hat is a homing beacon. Hit me!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Deirdre begins to wander around somewhat aimlessly, struggling to try and find where they'd place their archives. Sadly it does not seem like they have a bold sign that says "Archives" anywhere, and not knowing the workings of a newspaper, Deirdre has absolutely no idea where such a thing would be. This all comes to a head when, during her meandering a typist happens to look up and notice the beautiful young woman trying to find her way around. "Excuse me ma'am, can I help you?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Deirdre is a bit surprised that someone finally noticed her and stopped their work just to talk to her. Still, she smiles and says, "Oh! I was, uh.. just looking for the lady's room..."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    They point out a small side door, smile, and return to their work. "Good day, ma'am."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Deirdre giggles a bit and says, "Oh! Right there! Haha, thank you..." Then she looks a little flustered and says. "Um.. sorry. I have a really bad sense of direction, and I'm afraid I got turned around. I had come from the 'morgue'. Just so I don't wind up wandering around again, which way were the archives, again?"

Deirdre flashes the typist a winning smile, hoping that she was totally oblivious to the fact that someone wrecked the archives yesterday.. or perhaps, that she wouldn't give her trouble since it might be assumed she was already let in.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    That sounds like a Charm roll to me!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I cast Charm Person on the typist!

(1d100)[8]

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    It was super effective! Whoops wrong game....
    ----

The typist immediately gets up, "Oh! Oh! You must be part of the cleaning crew, here, I'll help you out. We had an absolutely horrible time yesterday, a group of ruffians just game in and trashed the archives, but I'm sure that you're amazing at organizing things." He looks over your carefully curated clothes. "It's right over here, my friends always say that I've got the best sense of direction in the bunch!"
    He quickly leads you to another side of the room with a blank door.
    ----

Please give me a Luck roll.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    uh oh?

luck: (1d100)[22]

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Turns out the archives are still unlocked, it seems nobody decided to lock them given all the chaos. As you enter, you sorta see why. One of the shelves on the wall has collapsed sending newspapers and reports crashing down to the ground. However, despite this, much of the other files surprisingly still seem intact.
    ----

Because it was a Hard Success any documents you're looking for also happen to be not the ones that are spilled out all around the floor in a mess.
    ----

The typist smiles. "Hope that helped, good luck ma'am and try not to get lost again!" He then returns to his work, slightly dreading his boss's response to his break.
    ----

What would you like to do?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    (So the guy mentioned a cleaning crew). Is.. anyone actually here?

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Surprisingly, no. It seems you were just lucky enough to miss them and not have to come up with some quick excuse. You are alone in the morgue.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Welp, let's just try a library use roll then and try to find any stories regarding the chapel of contemplation and Michael Thomas from June 1912 to ... 1900?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Indeed it would be! Also, please give me a Combined Luck and Spot Hidden roll, but where both must succeed (so in your case: Spot Hidden).

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show
    Boston, 4:54 PM, Wednesday, November 2nd, 1921

You've been searching for several hours, and to be honest, your search does not seem to have borne fruit. Neither the church nor the pastor it seems were in the news, at least, not that you could find. However, it is beginning to get late, and you did all discuss that you would be back at the hotel by five.
    ----

Don't forget the combined roll; but nevertheless, would you like to head back now?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Let's just try that combined roll and see what we get, then guess I'm heading to the hotel either way.

(1d100)[61]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Boston, 5:01 PM, Wednesday, November 2nd, 1921

The three intrepid investigators return to the Parker House Hotel to go over what they know, plan for the following day, and discuss. This is all done over a nice meal of roast beef and green beans. "So, turns out the Councilman? Dead. Was one of tha' youngest councilman n' kept on doin' it way beyond 'is years, but 'e died in 1912, 'parrently afteh he dismissed tha' case 'e up n' died. Though almost no information otherwise... 's all strange really, like someone doesn't want us investigatin' all of this. What'd you all find?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Deirdre shakes her head with a frown. "I couldn't find anything..."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

"I didn't find much myself at the library. A couple documents confirming what we already knew. I did find out that the Corbitt lawsuit with his neighbors -- or at least one of the lawsuits-- was them trying to prevent him being interred on the Sheafe St property. And, that he had no living relatives at the time of his death."

"I did get in touch with the sanitarium earlier, though. They have two patients named Marconi. I've set up a visit to meet them at noon tomorrow. I think that could be really helpful. Other than that, though, is there anything else we still want to chase down?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lois thinks for a moment and has an Idea (apparently I only roll well for Idea rolls with Lois XD). "Well, we got tha' police report, we got tha' address a' the chapel. We could investigate s'more, but to be honest. I think tha's it." She looks outside. "Saw the department on a walk earlier, they'd probably still be open, do ya' all want ta' try and see if we can find that report?" She eats a bit of the roast, "'S not too late."

25. - Top - End - #295

DruidGirl

”I can’t imagine we could convince the police to hand over a classified report,” Izzy says, “But if there’s nothing else to do tonight, we might as well try.”

He looks over at Deirdre. “And, well... a night shift station manager might be happy just to have someone of your...“ he blushes, “star power... stopping by. Maybe that could work in our favor.”

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lois nods, "'Course, I just figured we didn't have much else to do tonight, so why not?"

27. - Top - End - #297

DruidGirl

"In that case, Deirdre, unless you have any objections, let's all head over after dinner."

Something occurs to Izzy as he reviews his notes: "Hmm. We know Corbitt passed ownership of the property over to the Chapel when he died. But do we know how the property got from the Chapel's hands into Mr. Knott's? I wonder if he knows the chapel..."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Successful Intelligence (Idea) Roll
    Show
    If the Chapel was closed, the property probably would've passed on to the bank, someone else most likely picked it up during the Marcario's stay and from there, Mr. Knott purchased it somehow.

29. - Top - End - #299

DruidGirl

Idea roll: (d100)[76]

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

"W-well.. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask.." Deirdre says. "Maybe since it's been a while, it'll no longer be classified?"