Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,103 of 1103
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Well I guess we can now say that Anika remains cool under fire.

I'll see myself out.
    *Snigger*

That went as well as can be expected. Anika is bad at Ag and Wp so there's no way that should have worked.

Jumping around on my Rogue Trader PDF so I'm checking to see if I've missed anything. If I'm on fire I assume there's an extra -10 for Fatigue in both tests, but with those rolls it wouldn't matter. Not sure if the extra damage for being on fire would come in before that though so her attempt to put it out might be interrupted by an Energy crit first.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius

Ok, so Macharius is going to attack with two-weapon wielder. He only takes a -10, because he has Ambidexterity. Thunder Hammer first, if it kills the Nob the second swing is at the other ork in combat with him.

(1d100)[97] vs 56, damage (1d10+10)[14] and (1d10)[1] pen 10. Possible RF (1d10)[5] (1d10)[10]

Sword: (1d100)[78] vs 61, damage (1d10+11)[13], pen 5. Preemptive free reroll from Blademaster: (1d100)[62] vs 61. Possible RF (1d10)[7]

Preemptive Parry (1d100)[89] vs 71

Rosarius (1d100)[44] vs 45, shorts on 1-5; (1d100)[54] vs 45, shorts on 1-5; (1d100)[46] vs 45, shorts on 1-5;

Almagor

First, WP to act: (1d100)[3] vs maybe 50? Don't know if seeing Macharius helps. Technically, this isn't a test against Fear, but it seems like it should be given that you're trying to avoid succumbing to the terrifying nature of being on fire. Assuming Destro agrees, (1d100)[57] for Iron Discipline reroll.

Stop, drop, and roll (1d100)[100] vs 40. Macharius will use Exceptional Leader on this.

Other Praetorians

P3 and Flannery will Disengage and establish distance so they can shoot again, getting over by Anika. Murphy and Remaining Unnamed Praetorian will defend themselves, giving the orks -20 WS. I need to buy them power swords.

Question, in case this goes poorly: can Macharius spend fate on behalf of his Praetorians?

3. - Top - End - #1083

Lizardfolk

I'm a bit alarmed that we finally found an enemy Macharius can't easily one-shot. The difficulty of this combat is making me reconsider my willingness to storm the space hulk; if the average warriors are already this tough, then their boss might be beyond us. Especially if some of us end up heavily wounded and the Praetorians start dying.

Given the initiative order, it seems to me that Hannabel's the only one who can put down the squig in time. When my turn comes up, the squig will either be dead already, or have blown up the barricade. Is that a fair assumption? My actions will, obviously, depend on what happens there, so I think I need to wait a bit.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

If you don't want to wait and see what happens, you could always have Echo back away from the barricade for safety's sake. Prep a new defensive position further back, as it were.

Edit: Well, that sucked. Ace shot, nearly the crappiest damage possible. Everybody grab a Fate Point and hunker down!
    Last edited by rax; 2021-04-18 at 06:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1085

MindFlayer

Well, ****, this was a great time for the dice to betray me. I'll spend an FP to make the sword attack hit- at least dealing a couple more crit damage makes his right arm useless for a few rounds, which stops him removing my head. Can I spend an FP to reroll Almagor's on-fire-ness? If not, he takes (1d10)[5] fire damage.

Also, has any marine backup arrived yet? If not, do we know how far away they are?
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2021-04-18 at 01:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Anika doesn't take any energy damage, I do fire at the end of the round, so you only take damage if you fail to put it out. Almagor is also in a decent place due to the praetorians high stats. Toughness counts, so he takes no fire damage, but does gain fatigue. You can't spend fate to let your hirelings reroll, they have to deal with the dice falling where they may.

Re: Backup, you can assume it's on the way, and will arrive whenever is the most dramatically appropriate.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #1087

MindFlayer

Macharius stands by his decision to call all the orks attacking other people pansies. He intends to die as he lived, making snide remarks.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Lizardfolk

Alright, then. I guess that any Rings who survive this shrapnel surprise will fire again at the horde (should empty their shotguns, except for Isund), drop them, and draw their mono-falchions in preparation for melee. They'll hold position as long as they can; hopefully it's enough for Hannabel to retreat. Echo takes a half action to Aim his hellpistol, fires as a free action thanks to his MIU interface, and then retreats back down the corridor.

Question: can he shoot twice in a round if he wanted to? Once as a free action, and once again as the usual half action?

Isund (50 +whatever; he wasn't standing as close as the others, so I'm not sure if he counts as Point Blank): (1d100)[30] (1d10+4)[5]
    Lorl (50 +40 you said in your previous post =90): (1d100)[47] (1d10+4)[12]
    Zelle (90): (1d100)[65] (1d10+4)[9]
    Kip (90): (1d100)[96] (1d10+4)[14]
    Kimmet (90): (1d100)[76] (1d10+4)[13]

Echo (45 +10 MIU +10 Red-Dot +10 Aim +whatever for range, since he's the furthest back): (1d100)[81] (1d10+4)[13]

~ Sophistemon

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

@Blarghy
    Uh, your IC post is very colourful, but unless I've missed something Destro hasn't actually resolved the bomb explosion yet. It's still possible that it doesn't manage to do much damage at all.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    When my turn comes up, the squig will either be dead already, or have blown up the barricade. Is that a fair assumption?
    I never got any pushback on this, which I took as confirmation. If that's not the case, then I'm happy to delete my post and try again. But Destro has said in the past that he doesn't want us to wait on him/other people to detail each previous action in a round (this was a special case, since I couldn't decide what to do without knowing what happened ahead of me), if at all possible, and instead try to keep things moving. So that was my thought process. Please let me know if that's a problem, Destro.

Would be pretty funny if the bombs are duds, though.

~ Sophistemon

11. - Top - End - #1091

MindFlayer

The orks don't believe them to be, so they probably aren't. And I imagine given it's orks there's about 3x as many bombs as strictly necessary.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, I probably should have said something, yeah. Sorry, that's just me being slow and having other stuff on my mind. Hannabel did hit the squig, and did enough damage to overcome toughness, so given the sheer number of bombs on it (and that my dice were nice to you just now) she managed to cook the squig off early. It detonates in the middle of the friendly squigs, instead of at the barricade. I'll be doing a full update for you shortly, I was mostly waiting for Leon, but it's been a couple days so I really should get on this.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    The orks don't believe them to be, so they probably aren't. And I imagine given it's orks there's about 3x as many bombs as strictly necessary.
    Ork bombs containing no actual explosives

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hannabel did hit the squig, and did enough damage to overcome toughness, so given the sheer number of bombs on it (and that my dice were nice to you just now) she managed to cook the squig off early. It detonates in the middle of the friendly squigs, instead of at the barricade.
    Henceforth, Hannabel's carbine shall be known as "The Boomstick".

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so bomb squigs are blast 1d5, which matters because it will determine how much damage the squig horde takes: (1d5)[5] - lots, as happens. Big boom. That's 5 hits for blast plus one for explosive damage, 6 to the horde. There are significantly less of them now. A round of shooting from the Rings will likely finish them off.

That might be the only roll I need for the squig section of things just now.

Macharius hits the nob in the left arm with his power sword. 5 damage goes through, which is reduced to 3 by True Grit. 5 crit to the left arm... half WS and BS for one round, and (1d5)[2] levels of fatigue. The Nob probably can't hit back very well after that, but it tries: (1d100)[7] (1d100)[99]

just in case both hit: (1d10)[9](1d10)[8]
    (1d10)[9](1d10)[10]
    - one hit. Macharius is saved by his Rosarius.

The regular ork attacking Macharius does so: (1d100)[19](1d10+7)[10] They've no longer charged, so they don't get bonuses anymore.
    - That hits, but only has AP2. Low damage roll means it just bounces off the armour.

The one with the burna starts to disengage down the hall. The two fighting the praetorians...

One presses the attack on Murphy: (1d100)[16] - hit, even with -20.
    (1d10+7)[12]
    dodge: (1d100)[31] - but Murphy gets out of the way

The other responds to Macharius' taunting and turns to come fight him instead: (1d100)[40]
    (1d10+7)[9]
    - not a hit, and pathetic damage even if it was.

Anika is no longer on fire. Almagor still is. If you want, you can help him try to put it out.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2021-04-21 at 04:49 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #1096

MindFlayer

Aha! Macharius has them right where he wants them: surrounding him! I am actually very excited for this, because this is the perfect time for him to finally use Combat Flair. He's going to taunt them all to oblivion.

Macharius

Half action: Combat Flair. Opposed my Charm vs their WP for everyone in close combat with him (1d100)[2] vs 102. If he wins, they're at -10 WS, with an additional -5 for every additional DoS.
    Other Half Action: Chop chop goes the power sword, trying to stab the Nob. (1d100)[38] vs 71, blademaster reroll (1d100)[31], damage (1d10+11)[19], RF (1d10)[7]
    Free Action: Ask Almagor to stop burning to death with Exceptional Leader.

Reactive Stuff: two Parry attempts with Wall of Steel. (1d100)[94] (1d100)[28], both against 71. Rosarius saves: (1d100)[95], (1d100)[6], (1d100)[90], all vs 45 and overload on 1-5

Praetorians

Almagor: Try not to panic (1d100)[11] vs 50, (1d100)[78] reroll if Iron Discipline applies. Stop drop and roll (1d100)[33] vs 40+however much someone helping gives, can't find it in the book.
    Murphy continues to fight defensively and try to distract the ork, while the other nearby Praetorian tries to help Almagor,
    Flannery and Barak: Aim and shoot Burning Man. (1d100)[43] vs 70, damage (d10+4)[6], RF (1d10)[3]
    (1d100)[20] vs 70, damage (d10+4)[14], RF (1d10)[10].

17. - Top - End - #1097

MindFlayer

Holy ****, this round goes WAY better for Macharius and Co. That's 10 DoS on Combat Flair, so they're going to take a huge penalty to WS. He is untouchable this round. And finally got some decent damage- even with 8 TB and True Grit, that's 5 more Critical Damage.

Almagor puts himself out thanks to the helpful advice. But the true MVP here is Old Man Flannery, rolling a double RF. How much does he do? Needs more dice. (1d10)[10], (1d10)[7].

EDIT: Flannery does 41 damage at AP 7 to the Burna boy. I laughed just looking at those rolls. He did not appreciate the impromptu barbecue.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2021-04-21 at 05:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

5 more crit damage will put it up to 10 total, so wherever you hit you've killed the nob. Orks have really bad WP, and their mob rule bonus only applies to fear and pinning, it won't save them being taunted into oblivion.

Even if they roll a 1, Macharius still gets an 8 degree victory and reduces their WS by 50. Technically it is still possible for them to hit him, largely due to outnumbering bonus and the ability to All-Out Attack, but.... it's not likely. However, a failed first parry and a failed rosarius means that it is possible, however unliekly, that one of them could do something in return.

Also, by the Emperor, Flannery, what a shot. Righteous Fury normally isn't supposed to apply to NPCs unless they have a specific talent, but I think I'll make an exception for that.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #1099

MindFlayer

It was a real reversal of fortune from our last round of flailing around helplessly. Thankfully, as he was bound to take a klaw hit eventually and that would have gone poorly. I'm crediting our better luck this time around to his withering insults that go to the core of orkdom.

Ah, you're right, I'd forgotten that. This is like his one perfect shot to save the day and everyone's bacon. Or save us from being bacon. I'm buying him something nice in our next port.

20. - Top - End - #1100

Lizardfolk

Alright, in that case, the four at the barricade will shoot as normal instead. They can afford to take a half-action to Aim, which I think lets even Kip hit. Unless you want me to reroll? That still empties their shotguns. Are the marines willing to trade them fresh weapons so they can keep firing? If not, next round they'll likely switch to their laspistols.

Isund and Echo will continue to hang out for now. I guess they're Delaying for the time being, until they have something more pressing to do.

~ Sophistemon

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, oops. Overlooked that you had made those rolls. I'll edit. Squigs are all dead, or at least the Horde is damaged enough to be defeated/dispersed, Ravia could probably still take one alive if she wanted.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2021-04-21 at 07:38 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravia could probably still take one alive if she wanted.
    Yes she will.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

So the conversation about NPCs and righteous fury reminded me that the talent that allows them to benefit from it isn't something that only enemies can have. And you, of course, can't spend fate points on their behalf. Given Almagor's general heroics thus far, and Flannery's incredible shot just then, I'm going to award them both Touched by the Fates (1). I'll add it to the first post. The two of them each get one fate point, which works normally, and the ability to benefit from the Righteous Fury rules.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: