Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 751 to 780 of 902
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Which trade fleets Magos are present at the table?
    Which ones do you want to talk to? Assume they're there.

    Also, I don't know what you're inputting to your binary, but I'm just getting gibberish back from the translators I've run it through. Is it supposed to say something in particular, or is it just random characters?
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Its random. I just want to know so i can maybe have some more directed discussions or find out anything that maybe useful. So get a feel of how they feel towards the respective ships captains and such. Since we are nominally neutral some maybe more open (knowing that some may be less so as well) as well as any information that circumspectly be gathered for sourcing more supplies for the on going projects as well as Ravia's Interests and contacts
    Last edited by Leon; 2021-01-20 at 01:41 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Away till Monday
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Away till Monday
    Copy that, thank you. In regards to the Mechanicus, I don't suppose you could give me a couple specific questions, directed at the Mechanicus types for one or two of the captains the party has met? It's a lot of work to come up with stuff when the answer to 'who do you want to talk to' is 'all of them, about everything.' I'd appreciate some direction on where exactly you want to go.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    I'm sorry this took so long. I've discovered the wonders of Dyson Sphere Program, and it has eaten my life. Just reiterating, I don't have much more for the NPCs to talk about, so unless you have more things you want to talk about, questions you want to ask, etc, I think I might wrap this soon.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I'm sorry this took so long. I've discovered the wonders of Dyson Sphere Program, and it has eaten my life. Just reiterating, I don't have much more for the NPCs to talk about, so unless you have more things you want to talk about, questions you want to ask, etc, I think I might wrap this soon.
    Well that's going on the wishlist.

    I'm probably ok to move on. If I think of something later I can always call one of them. As long as we're making friends and allies.

  7. - Top - End - #757
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Sure, I could move on

  8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    will try to gwt something thought up soonish
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Ok, I've skipped through a couple things here that I feel wouldn't exactly make for rivetting storytelling, and taken you up to the point of departure from the world. Last chance to talk to any of the traders, or do anything, before you take your leave.

    Not counting Charlabelle Armelan, of course. Her pirate hunt is next up on your list of adventures, and you'll be travelling alongside her ship for the next while.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    im going to pass on any details with the admech, we will just keep it free from trader politics at that table

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Notable among those so snubbed was Captain Quinn. He wasn't present at the official closing ceremony, and it was reported that he had departed in ill temper, his ship breaking orbit earlier that day.
    A Quinn Exit was an oft used to refer to a rage quit there after.
    Last edited by Leon; 2021-01-31 at 12:16 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  11. - Top - End - #761
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Ok, I've skipped through a couple things here that I feel wouldn't exactly make for rivetting storytelling, and taken you up to the point of departure from the world. Last chance to talk to any of the traders, or do anything, before you take your leave.
    In summary, Kennoch:

    1. Follows up on the Crimson Malverine, if the curator was able to get one in time. I'm curious what it looks/acts like; hopefully it gets along with the acid-eyed lizard from Viatrames. ...Might want separate pens, actually. On this subject, do I need to wait until we get to a good port to buy the cybernetics to turn them into familiars? Do I get a discount on the Acquisition roll for already having the animals, or is the price mainly dependent on the tech, do you think?

    2. Sends Lorenzo some pieces of his notes, as promised. Not any navigational data that would pinpoint Viatrames, and certainly not Port Davis. Kennoch has lost most of his earlier suspicion and genuinely likes the guy, but those aren't his secrets to give.

    3. Sends the full Warp chart of Port Davis-to-Viatrames to Remalia. We discussed this via PM a while back, but to clarify, this is within reasonable behavior for allied Navigators, yeah? Warp charts are valuable, and Kennoch is giving a copy to a member of another House before he's even managed to report it to his own elders, but, I'm sure you said that Kennoch wouldn't see it as a betrayal or anything. I think we also discussed the +1 PF it gives: I believe you said we don't get that until we actually hand over the chart to his House. Which is cool, but, I do reiterate that very few Castermires operate in the Expanse, and most of the family are cautious traders who wouldn't want to take this kind of risky journey anyway. I actually prefer the idea of adding any PF from relevant Warp charts to the profit we get from Port Davis as it develops. Then there's still a delay and something to work for, so I'm not really getting it any faster, but the mechanics of it would reflect Kennoch and Remalia's side-project of mapping the surrounding space to benefit the colony. Helping to make it into a proper port someday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Not counting Charlabelle Armelan, of course. Her pirate hunt is next up on your list of adventures, and you'll be travelling alongside her ship for the next while.
    Pi-rate hunt! Pi-rate hunt! Pi-rate hunt! [/wild cheering]

    Oh, and just as a heads up, if we're doing a whole adventure with Armelan and cultivating her as a long-term ally, Echo's sure to inquire about her Navigator and suggest a meeting when possible. Or at least start exchanging letters. I hope it's not annoying that I keep bringing up that question with each Captain we spend significant time with (I'm still really curious about who serves Quinn's flagship), but every Navigator I meet ends up being useful and interesting, so you've conditioned me to care.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2021-01-31 at 01:20 AM.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

    ~ Sophistemon

  12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    1. Follows up on the Crimson Malverine, if the curator was able to get one in time. I'm curious what it looks/acts like; hopefully it gets along with the acid-eyed lizard from Viatrames. ...Might want separate pens, actually. On this subject, do I need to wait until we get to a good port to buy the cybernetics to turn them into familiars? Do I get a discount on the Acquisition roll for already having the animals, or is the price mainly dependent on the tech, do you think?

    2. Sends Lorenzo some pieces of his notes, as promised. Not any navigational data that would pinpoint Viatrames, and certainly not Port Davis. Kennoch has lost most of his earlier suspicion and genuinely likes the guy, but those aren't his secrets to give.

    3. Sends the full Warp chart of Port Davis-to-Viatrames to Remalia. We discussed this via PM a while back, but to clarify, this is within reasonable behavior for allied Navigators, yeah? Warp charts are valuable, and Kennoch is giving a copy to a member of another House before he's even managed to report it to his own elders, but, I'm sure you said that Kennoch wouldn't see it as a betrayal or anything. I think we also discussed the +1 PF it gives: I believe you said we don't get that until we actually hand over the chart to his House. Which is cool, but, I do reiterate that very few Castermires operate in the Expanse, and most of the family are cautious traders who wouldn't want to take this kind of risky journey anyway. I actually prefer the idea of adding any PF from relevant Warp charts to the profit we get from Port Davis as it develops. Then there's still a delay and something to work for, so I'm not really getting it any faster, but the mechanics of it would reflect Kennoch and Remalia's side-project of mapping the surrounding space to benefit the colony. Helping to make it into a proper port someday.
    1: Given that the availability is based on the familiar's craftsmanship, and has little to do with its basic creature template, I'd say it's more a matter of the tech and upgrades. You need to find somewhere to source the cybernetics from, but it doesn't necessarily need to be a good port.

    3: That's an interesting idea, and we could do it for charts relevant to Port Davis, for sure. Any others you make, though, it doesn't make a ton of sense to do it that way. We can do it that way for Port Davis charts, though.

    Oh, and just as a heads up, if we're doing a whole adventure with Armelan and cultivating her as a long-term ally, Echo's sure to inquire about her Navigator and suggest a meeting when possible. Or at least start exchanging letters. I hope it's not annoying that I keep bringing up that question with each Captain we spend significant time with (I'm still really curious about who serves Quinn's flagship), but every Navigator I meet ends up being useful and interesting, so you've conditioned me to care.
    Hah! Fair. I'll work on that, I need to do some prep work for the upcoming adventure still, and that includes details of Charlabelle's command staff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    The relatively simple gift basket puzzled him a bit, compared to all the previous vast riches demonstrated here, but Winterscale's parting gift could've been a slap across the face and it still wouldn't overbalance the perks he'd already received.
    While Kennoch might not necessarily know this, (Common Lore (Imperium), at +0, if anyone does care to know) it's actually an enormously expensive gift. The cheese is trivial, as is the knife, well-made though it is. The Whiskey is 44 years old at this point, and represents a decent chunk of money, especially on this scale. Calligos would be able to sell it otherwise, and 772.M41 was an especially good year. Quite apart from that, though, is the cutting board: Nalwood is a notably strong and durable wood only found on Tanith, and Tanith was destroyed by a Chaos invasion around the year 765.M41. Anything made from it these days...
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2021-01-31 at 02:13 AM.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    Pi-rate hunt! Pi-rate hunt! Pi-rate hunt!
    So we need to capture or kill 3.14 then
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  14. - Top - End - #764
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    1: Given that the availability is based on the familiar's craftsmanship, and has little to do with its basic creature template, I'd say it's more a matter of the tech and upgrades. You need to find somewhere to source the cybernetics from, but it doesn't necessarily need to be a good port.
    Makes sense. It's not a huge priority (I mostly just think familiars are cool, and I like the mental image of Kennoch eventually having a crowd of weird little alien cyborgs following him around, playing and arguing with each other like a crazy voidborn family), so I'll probably wait until we get back to Footfall. A faithful friend of the Mechanicus would prefer to buy from them rather than some shady alternative, after all. Then I can meet up with Factor Ignatius again. Yay for building NPC relationships!

    Related to this, I still hope Ravia can do the actual work. Seems cooler to me that way--and then the random traits that I have to roll for, can actually be her "choice" as part of her mysterious experiments or just whatever she felt like adding in at the time. She'll be able to keep whatever bits she chops off for xeno research samples, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    3: That's an interesting idea, and we could do it for charts relevant to Port Davis, for sure. Any others you make, though, it doesn't make a ton of sense to do it that way. We can do it that way for Port Davis charts, though.
    Right-o. Should I keep track of the charts, or do you want to make a note of that in your Dynasty Holdings section, so we don't forget by the time it actually comes into play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    While Kennoch might not necessarily know this, (Common Lore (Imperium), at +0, if anyone does care to know) it's actually an enormously expensive gift. The cheese is trivial, as is the knife, well-made though it is. The Whiskey is 44 years old at this point, and represents a decent chunk of money, especially on this scale. Calligos would be able to sell it otherwise, and 772.M41 was an especially good year. Quite apart from that, though, is the cutting board: Nalwood is a notably strong and durable wood only found on Tanith, and Tanith was destroyed by a Chaos invasion around the year 765.M41. Anything made from it these days...
    Huh, that's cool. I actually don't seem to have that skill trained (although I assume Common Lore is a basic skill), but it's fine, because I love the idea of Kennoch assuming that the cutting board is just a trinket and letting it end up back in the Sting's kitchens. Some lowly cook is gonna have an amazing piece of equipment, whether they know it or not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So we need to capture or kill 3.14 then
    Capture. I need it for interrogation.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2021-01-31 at 03:36 AM.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

    ~ Sophistemon

  15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Ok, I've skipped through a couple things here that I feel wouldn't exactly make for rivetting storytelling, and taken you up to the point of departure from the world. Last chance to talk to any of the traders, or do anything, before you take your leave.

    Not counting Charlabelle Armelan, of course. Her pirate hunt is next up on your list of adventures, and you'll be travelling alongside her ship for the next while.
    Goody! Time to give Hannabel a swift kick and get her back into the action.

  16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    I remember offering to go to Winterscale's library for Echo but I couldn't remember why until I reread some things.

    Scholastic Lore (Archaic) to research The Sword of Tabur
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[61]

    Also I need to let Sun Lee know that she can have Anika's copy of the book if she still wants it. Anika will skim it beforehand. She's already agreed to help us with the Saynay clan at some point, so I thought I could pass it on for a possible favour to be named later.

  17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    Capture. I need it for interrogation.
    Well more ships for the fleet and more servitor fun times.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    Right-o. Should I keep track of the charts, or do you want to make a note of that in your Dynasty Holdings section, so we don't forget by the time it actually comes into play?
    I've made a note. Working on the update now.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Ok. I have update the game, added some more people to the Dramatis Personae section of the first post, and realised that this is the start of a new chapter, and I therefore owe you XP.

    Which should probably be substantial. This was a long episode, covering 20 pages of IC and almost a full year of real time by itself. You also didn't earn any PF on this adventure, but it wasn't really about that - though I think that means I should probably offer a little bit of extra XP, if only to compensate.

    800XP for everyone.
    100XP to Macharius, for networking, running about, generally being social and making lots of friends
    100XP to Echo, for cultivating Lorenzo as a contact and chasing leads on Alessaunder
    50XP to Anika, for helping out with information gathering and generally running good support for the others

    I think that's everything. You can spend that whenever you like. Also, though I hesitate to hand Macharius and his absurd Fel score yet more bonuses, I would like to offer you all the chance to purchase any one Peer talent of your choice for 300XP, to represent connections made during the party.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Whee, XP! What was the rule we're using for buying skills from the regular advance scheme when we've taken an alternate career rank instead?

  21. - Top - End - #771
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Woo! Now, what Peer would cover Navigators? I would assume Peer (Nobility), and if I just wait another rank, I'll be able to get that for a bit cheaper. Still worth considering, so I'll think about it.

    More importantly, do you think Echo's various Memorance Implant hijinks have justified buying Trade (Remembrancer) as an elite advance? What would that cost me?
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

    ~ Sophistemon

  22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    There ought to be a Peer (Navigators) really. Especially if they have one for Astropaths. I think Anika has everything I could plausibly pick up here already.

    Might have to do book keeping tomorrow. Definitely need to take an exotic weapon proficiency for one of Anika's various xenos guns.

  23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    Woo! Now, what Peer would cover Navigators?
    Peer (into the warp)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Whee, XP! What was the rule we're using for buying skills from the regular advance scheme when we've taken an alternate career rank instead?
    +50XP is what I usually go with. That's a holdover from Dark Heresy, though - I just looked, and Into the Storm says it should be double base. That strikes me as a little bit excessive. What do you think we should do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    Woo! Now, what Peer would cover Navigators? I would assume Peer (Nobility), and if I just wait another rank, I'll be able to get that for a bit cheaper. Still worth considering, so I'll think about it.

    More importantly, do you think Echo's various Memorance Implant hijinks have justified buying Trade (Remembrancer) as an elite advance? What would that cost me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    There ought to be a Peer (Navigators) really. Especially if they have one for Astropaths. I think Anika has everything I could plausibly pick up here already.
    FFG editing strikes again. There's an Enemy (Navigators), but not a Peer (Navigators). How strange, I wonder what could have caused this...

    *checks Dark Heresy 1E core book*
    *Peer exists, list in Rogue Trader is a copy-paste. Enemy doesn't exist*

    Well that explains that, then. Go ahead and add Peer (Navigators) to the list.

    As to Trade (Remembrancer), I think 300XP would be sufficient for that as well, if you want it. I guess Echo's specialty would be photography?
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  25. - Top - End - #775
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Also, though I hesitate to hand Macharius and his absurd Fel score yet more bonuses, I would like to offer you all the chance to purchase any one Peer talent of your choice for 300XP, to represent connections made during the party.
    You wound me, sir! Although it's fine, he already has Peer (Nobility and Military) which covers most people worth talking to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Peer (into the warp)
    This made me chuckle out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    +50XP is what I usually go with. That's a holdover from Dark Heresy, though - I just looked, and Into the Storm says it should be double base. That strikes me as a little bit excessive. What do you think we should do?
    Just checked and we've previously done +50% cost- Macharius picked up a few advances that way.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2021-02-03 at 10:21 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Pistols at dawn, I say! For I shall surely never win an argument against anyone with a Fel score that high

    And yeah, +50% sounds reasonable, and if that's what we've done in the past, that's what we'll keep doing.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  27. - Top - End - #777
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Also remembered why I hadn't posted yet, because I had a question for you all. Any opinions on how many/which ships to bring?

  28. - Top - End - #778
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    +50% lines up with these Peer and Trade prices already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Well that explains that, then. Go ahead and add Peer (Navigators) to the list.

    As to Trade (Remembrancer), I think 300XP would be sufficient for that as well, if you want it. I guess Echo's specialty would be photography?
    Yup yup. I assume photography would run off of Intelligence; the rulebook lists this Trade as either Ag or Int, I believe, but since Kennoch isn't actually drawing anything, Int makes more sense to me. Let me know if you disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    You wound me, sir! Although it's fine, he already has Peer (Nobility and Military) which covers most people worth talking to.
    I'm surprised to see that Macharius doesn't have Peer (Ecclesiarchy). Given all the time he spent at prayer and talking to Saul, that one might make sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Also remembered why I hadn't posted yet, because I had a question for you all. Any opinions on how many/which ships to bring?
    Looks like the Talon is down to 8 Hull Integrity, so I'd leave it behind. Unless it's been repaired during our last two adventures?

    Anyway, I'll buy both of those, plus the first advance for BS, on the grounds that Kennoch finally got to shoot his gun once. Better aim might come in handy for this next chapter.

    Peer (Navigators) (300)
    Trade (Remembrancer) (300)
    Ballistic Skill +5 (250)
    With 50xp left over.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

    ~ Sophistemon

  29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Destro_Yersul's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    sector ZZ9 plural-z alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    I think you left the Talon at Port Davis for repairs, but I don't remember if they already got rolled for. Either way, feel free to do another round of rolls, and remember you get a discount since you own the place.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

    My Youtube Channel

    The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by Vael

    My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

    We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

    Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

  30. - Top - End - #780
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

    Can Macharius also make Commerce checks against his own employees?

    The Fury is also damaged, and reading back through the thread, it looks like we sent her ahead of us to Port Davis with the supplies from Viatrames. So hopefully we can roll for those repairs too. Furthermore, the Sting is lightly scuffed--just missing one point of Hull Integrity--so if we have a day to spare when we regroup back at base, I think we might as well try to top her off too. Move ahead with as much strength as we can.

    Related question: are we letting Armelan follow us to Port Davis, or do we want to meet her somewhere else once we're ready?
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

    ~ Sophistemon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •