Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC II

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    I've ordered Eisenhorn and Ravenor, so that should keep me busy for a while.
    There's also 'Pariah' after that, which was supposed to begin a third trilogy. I have no idea if we're ever getting the rest of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    Maybe Anika and Ravia should take a stroll through the local markets and see what's available before we nail down any other plans.
    As long as there are people to trade with in the city. That is assuming we aren't looking to rob someone instead.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Away from the 23rd to the 3rd

Unless explicitly needed for things elsewhere Ravia will be spending time at the Forge Temple
    Last edited by Leon; 2019-11-21 at 10:06 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hmm. Think I'll use a Fate Point for +10 on that check, if I can. That way I get two degrees of success instead of just one.

Makin' new friends!
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

4. - Top - End - #94

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Leaning over to Anika, Hannabel whispers with a sly grin: "I wonder when the Lord Commander and our new Navigator are getting hitched? A perfect match, if you ask me."
    Kennoch seems to get a bit dramatic, yeah. =P But I'd say that's hardly unprecedented.

OOC: Might roll a Charm test in the OOC thread for this, but that'll have to wait until I finish work.
    Never thought I'd see Hannabel play the Good Cop.

Also, I forgot to roll Charmed for that last FP.

Charmed: (1d10)[4]

~ Sophistemon

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fair, but Anika is not particularly pious, so there may be some side-eye.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Never thought I'd see Hannabel play the Good Cop.
    Hannabel plays whatever part is required.

Right now, she believes de-escalation is preferable to a firefight. Who knows how long that will last?

Charm test (1d100)[33] vs. 54

FP re-roll if needed (1d100)[78]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Technically speaking, you normally wouldn't have to worry about Scorn of Dirt Dwellers or Ill-Omened on an Intimidate test, since it's Strength based. I think using Intelligence for this sort of threat makes sense, though.
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

8. - Top - End - #98

MindFlayer

Macharius is here to step in and diplomatize with some heathens. If there's two things he loves, it's the Emperor and giving speeches. Speeches about the Emperor are his jam.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'd like Macharius to weigh in, before I do another post for Moore.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Anika really can't be pro-Immortan Joe, but she isn't lying.

11. - Top - End - #101

MindFlayer

Sorry guys, I'll get a post up tomorrow night. This week is especially busy for me at work, so I'm getting in early and leaving late (and I'm not helping matters by going on a date tonight instead of staying even later). I can write something after work tomorrow.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2019-11-26 at 09:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

One of the interesting parts about Immortan Joe's character is that he does genuinely think he's helping the people. It's just his methods are suspect, and how much he actually is helping isn't clear. Moore is obviously based heavily off him, and it makes him somewhat challenging to write well.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #103

Lizardfolk

Immortan Joe was an autocratic monster who ruled through fear and control of resources--but Warhammer 40k is built on autocratic monsters. Echo isn't bothered by the brutality or the gibbeting; that's par for the course. However, he's very much bothered by Moore's lack of respect for the Mechanicus and, more broadly, the Imperium's structure and hierarchy, given that they threaten his personal authority here. As such, Kennoch would prefer to oust him, or at least humble him and empower the Mechanicus, before leaving. And then come back later and put this place on the right path again. Probably with a system that's just as cruel, if not worse, for the common person than what's already here. As Ravia of all people pointed out, the Ecclesiarchy is not a kind and gentle priesthood.

Still, Echo is willing to accept diplomacy for now, which is why he's not saying much; he already burned his bridges with the High Clanlord and is uncomfortable with land-dwellers even on a good day. Better to bide his time, think, and watch for opportunities.

~ Sophistemon

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

There's that line about the water, which is probably true but obviously really self-serving.

On the one hand Moore is a barbarian warlord that we should probably remove on general principle. On the other hand his rivals might actually be worse, so it's too early to tell.

In theory, any version of the Imperium still might mean a better quality of life, so Anika is in favour of uplifting the planet as much as possible as a long term goal. The details we can work out.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Eh, Hannabel doesn't see much difference between Moore and the ruling Imperial nobles she's encountered in the past, except maybe that the Imperials have better wigs. Other than that, they're just as much thuggish control freaks as Moore seems to be. Which is fine up to a point with Hannabel - she recognizes that the threats faced by humanity require "firm" leadership to deal with them. It's just a pity that many leaders can't manage the balancing act between "firm" and so oppressive they bring forth the very sedition and rebellion they're trying to prevent.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

I have returned
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

ALERT! ALERT! Hannabel is getting bored and...fidgety! Someone in charge had better start making decisions soon or she might end up provoking a diplomatic incident...

For instance, maybe Ravia would like to turn the local Mechanicus cult into her personal henchmen, conquer the world, and turn the place into her personal research lab? I mean, there's a planet full of desperate, hardened survivors here, just waiting to be turned into an army of fanatical super soldiers in her service, right?

18. - Top - End - #108

Lizardfolk

Hannabel plays whatever part is required.

Right now, she believes de-escalation is preferable to a firefight. Who knows how long that will last?
    Oh wow, you weren't joking.

For instance, maybe Ravia would like to turn the local Mechanicus cult into her personal henchmen, conquer the world, and turn the place into her personal research lab? I mean, there's a planet full of desperate, hardened survivors here, just waiting to be turned into an army of fanatical super soldiers in her service, right?
    I am...not entirely opposed to this. But more seriously, I've been thinking about something Destro said earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    It crossed Macharius' mind that the planet would likely make a fine penal world, a place to send all the dissidents and riff-raff, where the very act of living there seemed punishment enough in itself.
    That's my vote, especially if we work with the Mechanicus. We could bring them any prisoners who aren't bad enough to execute outright (or hold in the Cold Quarters of Port Davis--an idea I also like) for slave labor redemption through work, excavating Archeotech. In return, we could bargain for access to said tech, once the Mechanicus has studied it. Basically the same bargain between the Mechanicus and the Imperium at large, as I understand it, only on a smaller scale.

~ Sophistemon

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Oh dear, not bored Hannabel. Well, I was going to move this along anyways, so here, have a new guy to talk to.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

ALERT! ALERT! Hannabel is getting bored and...fidgety! Someone in charge had better start making decisions soon or she might end up provoking a diplomatic incident...
    I mean, if he responds badly that's on him.

Even if all else fails we still have a spaceship. If we ever need to blow up some desert just to make a point

Currently sick, so we'll see how long that lasts.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Oh dear, not bored Hannabel. Well, I was going to move this along anyways, so here, have a new guy to talk to.
    Hooray! Hannabel influences events once again!

On a more serious note, these discussions are interesting but OOC I feel that we need Macharius to be calling the shots for this to make much sense in game. No one but him can really decide on who we're going to treat with and why. Unfortunately, PotatoGolem seems to be dead busy, so that's not happening much...

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

Hooray! Hannabel influences events once again!

On a more serious note, these discussions are interesting but OOC I feel that we need Macharius to be calling the shots for this to make much sense in game. No one but him can really decide on who we're going to treat with and why. Unfortunately, PotatoGolem seems to be dead busy, so that's not happening much...
    We can influence Macharius though. And should, he really can't be expected to make sensible decisions on his own :p

Although I think Felidae can - at best - hope to push Macharius to decide the opposite of what she wants =)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

We can certainly provide suggestions, but when Macharius isn't there to make a decision, the conversations tend to end up with three or four people tossing out ideas at the NPCs with no one able to say "this is how it's going to be". And Hannabel has already made her position clear, so unless something really interesting happens, she's got little else to say that would add any real value ATM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

I do chase people down over discord and stuff to ask questions, so even if Potato is really busy he does still get input.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hannabel wants to know just how mad Max Stone is. Is he pliable or is he an idealist? Will he bend or will he break? And his is car cooler than Moore's?

26. - Top - End - #116

MindFlayer

So here's Macharius' current thoughts:

1. Get to know each clan's deal before making any alliances. He's an Imperial noble, he loves this political stuff but is always expecting to be betrayed.
    2. Current mood leans toward taking control and appointing a regent. That means winning the race and figuring out which local he can trust the most to hold up his end of the bargain.

As to 2, I'm assuming none of the PCs want to sit out the next chapter as regents of some backwater? That's several months of not playing. Realistically, Macharius has reservations about bringing Hannabel and Felidae to a formal event, but he's not very likely to leave them in charge of a planet either (especially not Felidae).

27. - Top - End - #117
    Banned

My plan would still be to find - or manufacture - some claim to the Urussalin name, and take over this, and all other, holdings. Potentially inserting Felidae, simply because her true bloodline is conveniently hard to trace, having spent 10000 years in a freezer.

No reason we couldn't do both, of course: Insert a regent now, and take our time figuring out how to make a claim for the Urussalin name =)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    My plan would still be to find - or manufacture - some claim to the Urussalin name, and take over this, and all other, holdings. Potentially inserting Felidae, simply because her true bloodline is conveniently hard to trace, having spent 10000 years in a freezer.

No reason we couldn't do both, of course: Insert a regent now, and take our time figuring out how to make a claim for the Urussalin name =)
    Yeah, can't say she isn't related. Maybe we should find out how old their warrent is. If that actually works though, doesn't that mean Felidae technically becomes a Rogue Trader? At least in official terms.

Any regent can obviously run things on Felidae's behalf when she's not here.

29. - Top - End - #119

Lizardfolk

I'm still in favor of basically leaving the Mechanicus to run this planet, myself, and just supporting them in exchange for trade and tech. That seems simpler and just as profitable, with a lower investment.

From an OOC perspective, I'm also starting to wonder if we could end up spreading ourselves too thin. We've got several unresolved plot hooks already. Viatrames is cool, and I'm open to revisiting it and spending time here, but we've also got Port Davis, the Terminus endeavor (maybe we could use tech and materials from Viatrames to rebuild the flagship, actually), Captain Misson (I, personally, am still quite interested in breaking up his operations; pirate hunting is a lot of fun and potentially profitable), that fish-xeno planet, and whatever new hooks we're bound to uncover at Winterscale's party.

So, I at least recommend that we look for ways to multitask. We could create a trade route between Viatrames, Port Davis, and Footfall (and ultimately Port Wander and the Imperium). We could try to use Viatrames for some points on the Terminus endeavor, or a staging ground to strike at any of Misson's bases in the Heathen Stars. That sort of thing.

~ Sophistemon

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Realistically, Macharius has reservations about bringing Hannabel and Felidae to a formal event, but he's not very likely to leave them in charge of a planet either (especially not Felidae).
    Awww, now you've gone and hurt Hannabel's feelings.