Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords (PF1)

Hey, this went on fast!

I think I will be submitting either a human archer ranger or an unchained monk. I think it will complement the existing submissions nicely.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

WIP sheet for Elsbeth the Apothecary. Will post backstory once I finish it.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ylvathrall View Post
    Posting interest as a LG aasimar swashbuckler. Is variant multiclassing allowed? It's not a big deal if not, the character is the same either way.
    I don't think so, not without good reason.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Hey don't forget about me! I'll post my character once I fill the mythweavers sheet, it's kind of annoying to fill from my phone x.x

I finally decided to play a Half Elf Occultist who is studying Varisia's ancient stuffs, looking for new implements and so on, is that okay? If not I've a few other ideas that I might play but this is the one I like the most.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister VII View Post
    Hey don't forget about me! I'll post my character once I fill the mythweavers sheet, it's kind of annoying to fill from my phone x.x

I finally decided to play a Half Elf Occultist who is studying Varisia's ancient stuffs, looking for new implements and so on, is that okay? If not I've a few other ideas that I might play but this is the one I like the most.
    I definitely didn't forget about you. The Occultist is fine by me.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

The reason is primarily that I want to play a paladin-type character for once, but I don't actually like the paladin chassis very much. Paladin VMC gets me the things I like from it. But like I said, it's not a big deal if the answer is no - swashbuckler is fine on its own merits.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Mechanical outline of Carreau is here. I still have to do equipment and fluff.
    Please don't capitalize my name.

Cho avatar by Noel. Thanks!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... If uncommon races are allowed then I might actually have a tiefling rogue/hunter that could readily fit in. Looking at the map I also seem to recall making a gnome sorcerer (or was it druid?) for a game that would have been in the same area so might dig him out.
    Living right smack center of all the Power Safety Shut Offs in California. Still can make posts just might be slow from time to time.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

PhyrexianShovel can I ask a question?

I plan to submit ba ranger as I said, and I would really like to start with a composite now. Do you allow off scree crafting? If my character has the Craft (Bower) skill and pays 100 go out of his starting funds, can he stay with the composite bow he had made himself?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ProudGrognard View Post
    PhyrexianShovel can I ask a question?

I plan to submit ba ranger as I said, and I would really like to start with a composite now. Do you allow off scree crafting? If my character has the Craft (Bower) skill and pays 100 go out of his starting funds, can he stay with the composite bow he had made himself?
    I assume you're talking about the +1 strength rating bow? I would rather you didn't at first level, but if you really want to, I suppose you can. I don't tend to like pre-game crafting, but during the game is fine (as in, you could do so once we have started and you have some downtime).

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Hrm can't find that gnome which rather frustrates me but that may be a situation where I made the fluff but didn't make a sheet to throw it on so now it's buried somewhere in my post history. Anyway I think at the moment I'll either do my tiefling rogue/bounty hunter or a shoanti brawler (possibly shield champion) as that klar intrigues me.
    Living right smack center of all the Power Safety Shut Offs in California. Still can make posts just might be slow from time to time.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

How is this idea:

Eminem is a strix unchained rogue who is a refugee from Cheliax, who has come to see the festival since they are a follower of Desna, which is banned in Cheliax. Eminem fled Cheliax after the rest of his tribe surrendered to infernal forces, and has been a drifter for some time now.
    DnD Alignment: Neutral Evil
    M&M 3e Character Thread
    Spoiler: Dare you stare into Abaddon?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    How is this idea:

Eminem is a strix unchained rogue who is a refugee from Cheliax, who has come to see the festival since they are a follower of Desna, which is banned in Cheliax. Eminem fled Cheliax after the rest of his tribe surrendered to infernal forces, and has been a drifter for some time now.
    Sounds good!

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Mechanics done: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2039468

It's still missing a trait that I'll pick from the player guide, I still gotta read it in order to make a fitting backstory, please point out any mistake.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show

Noctis is a disregarded scholar who hails from Korvosa where his psychic gifts were disregarded as nothing but cheap divination magic by the wizards of the Academae.
    She firmly believes that the ruins and the ancient relics these hide hold the key to a great discovery about the ancient Tassilion and to a better understanding of her psychic magic and as such she's always getting in problems while looking for ancient items with strong psychic impressions or tied to the spirits of long forgotten heroes or powerful individuals to use these as implements to cast her psychic powers but delving into ancient dungeons and dealing with haunts has proven to be more deadly than what she thought so after a couple of fumbles as wannabe adventurer she is currently looking for new implements in less dangerous places and this has lead her to Sandpoint where she hopes to find something useful but so far she has no luck and is considering going adventuring again but hopefully as part of a party in order to not be killed while channeling a haunt or interrogating a ghost.

Edit: Backstory added! I also moved a skill rank from diplomacy to knowledge history as it's more befitting and I at last pick a campaign trait n.n
    Last edited by Aleister VII; 2019-10-21 at 05:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is Tefkros Fogscar, the human ranger scout. He is not done yet (only mechanically), but I already like him.

History and personality will be done by tomorrow. However, the basic idea is that he is initially from a small village in the Fogscar Mountains which got raised to the ground by a giant attack. He ended up in Sandpoint, and now he works as a guide to the wild places around Sandpoint.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ProudGrognard View Post
    Here is Tefkros Fogscar, the human ranger scout. He is not done yet (only mechanically), but I already like him.

History and personality will be done by tomorrow. However, the basic idea is that he is initially from a small village in the Fogscar Mountains which got raised to the ground by a giant attack. He ended up in Sandpoint, and now he works as a guide to the wild places around Sandpoint.
    Adaptation (from the infiltrator) doesn't really work for you, as you traded out favored enemy with the guide's ranger's focus. Also, I didn't agree to the bow being masterwork.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Doesn't the Rich Parents trait give enough dosh to afford everything encompassed by the Friends and Enemies trait, plus a masterwork longbow, plus some more after that? Why not just stack that on Giant Slayer if that's what the trait selection is oriented towards

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well provisioned adventurer is probably the best trait for a starting mount.

I'm working on a human cartomancer witch.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

The beginnings of Nakan as a human shield champion brawler.

Right now though I'm trying to figure out the best way to integrate him... Hawk or Spire would be the most logical in terms of getting along with outsiders. I'm really leaning towards Axe clan though as they are along the lines of how I want to play the character. Thinking the best way to play it is taking the Monster Hunter trait and he's ventured afar in search of glory thus having to put up with outsiders. Friends and Enemies is also tempting but that would only feel appropriate if going Hawk...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Starting mount? Taking care of a horse sounds like a lot of unpleasant work. Karina tends to focus on convincing someone to give her a ride. ^_^

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Interested, but after reading through the RotR Player's guide, there is a noticeable lack of campaign traits. Did you perhaps mean we get a bonus feat from those chosen from the book? Or am I looking at the wrong place?

EDIT: Are these the ones you meant?
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-10-20 at 06:28 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

You're looking at the original, not the anniversary edition.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    Interested, but after reading through the RotR Player's guide, there is a noticeable lack of campaign traits. Did you perhaps mean we get a bonus feat from those chosen from the book? Or am I looking at the wrong place?

EDIT: Are these the ones you meant?
    Yes. I'm sorry, I forgot to check if I was linking to the right player's guide. Here is the correct one.
    Last edited by PhyrexianShovel; 2019-10-20 at 06:34 PM.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jak View Post
    You're looking at the original, not the anniversary edition.
    Well, it's the one linked in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyrexianShovel View Post
    Yes. I'm sorry, I forgot to check if I was linking to the right player's guide. Here is the correct one.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2019-10-20 at 06:36 PM.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Well, it's the one linked in the OP.
    The OP and my previous post now have the correct one, sorry for the inconvenience.

Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

None right now!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhyrexianShovel View Post
    The OP and my previous post now have the correct one, sorry for the inconvenience.
    No worries! It happens.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

After some deliberation, I will be making an Order of the Paw Halfling cavalier with a wolf buddy, likely in Sandpoint to warn others of the encroaching giant threat.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

After some deliberation, I will be making an Order of the Paw Halfling cavalier with a wolf buddy, likely in Sandpoint to warn others of the encroaching giant threat.

PUPPY! Kerina's familiar would love another canine to play with.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm currently working on a whip-wielding warpriest (alliteration's always awesome) of Kazutal called across the Arcadian Ocean by visions that the word of the Jaguar Mother was needed in Varisia. She's a nice lady, if a little brusque.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jak View Post
    PUPPY! Kerina's familiar would love another canine to play with.
    Fluff-wise, it's a Maned Wolf, but using the normal wolf Animal Companion stats. She's very friendly!

Spoiler: Her name is Antigone
    Show