New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Empires 5] The Dragon's Gauntlet

The Conclave

As long as I remain the leader of this nation I will not see us turn and run. I have no fear. I would rather die than run. I think I speak for all of my kind when I say this. He turns to his troops, they salute and respond. "We would die than run." They salute. The king general takes the scroll. "Tell your leader that we will not strike the first blow, if he still wishes for war we will not deny him. Krazkuls voice changes, taking on a menacing tone, you can feel the fire in his words. If it is war you want then let it be known that we will deliver with the force of a thousand suns. If you dare cross us we will show you are true steel. When we come, we will bring with us a fire that will raze all that stands before us to the ground. By the end of his speech the already hot air around him ripples with heat, you know this is not an empty threat.
    Come to the dark side; we have pop-tarts.
    "Is no fun. Is no Blinsky" "He is... FIZBOP THUNDERTOES!!!!!"

Spoiler: The Night of the Living Thread
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DivisibleByZero View Post
    We, as humans, have incisors. Those are made for tearing flesh and meat.
    Meat tastes good.
    If we aren't supposed to eat people, then why are they made of meat?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Arrival to the Kronin homeworld

The Tezh Consensus arrives in orbit over Kroznar in typical fashion; empty space one moment, occupied the next. The sleek non-reflective diamond shape of Garrote simply appears outside the defensive perimeter and immediately begins broadcasting clearance codes, diplomatic identification credentials, and a passenger list.

Upon being vetted and given directions to land, the delicate looking space frame descends through the atmosphere in a steep plunge that doesn't begin to slow until a good 80% towards the surface has been traversed, after which there is a tight radius turn as the 'nose' of the frame pulls up and shoots flatly over the landscape towards the event grounds at rapid speed. Banking to the left, Garrote pulls an even tighter turn which bleeds speed and drops elevation even more to reach a final stop over Their designated pad, holding position four meters above the ground in silence as the lower portion of the hull opens and debarking steps drift down to the ground.

Talotius exits first, the 'cloak' of the shoaling sub-frames drifting in the heated wind and steaming briefly as the humidity from the passenger cabin burns off by the time they reach the ground. The head of state turns after reaching the bottom and turns back towards the steps as another figure emerges, feet lightly touching each step as they descend rapidly. Hopping off the last one into a crouch as if to kiss the ground and then leaping up to slap four hands on the hull with a whoop of exhilaration.

"Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!" exclaims the Stozudal female as she lands again and turns to face Talotius with a broad fanged grin "Space travel is so damn boring that I don't know how people who can't 'turn off' do it, but the descent can be worth the wait. Thanks for indulging me, Talotius" she looks up to the frame and laughs "And of course you too, Garrote."

The gangway raises out of sight and the hull closes silently behind it "No problem, Brigid. It's been pleasant to serve the Consensus and see so many new things, but We look forward to our future travels and having a little.. fun.. now and again. No offense, Talotius."

The Speaker is silent the whole time but the motes twinkle briefly as They are addressed "None taken, We look forward to all the things that can be accomplished with new perspective and even a bit of.. fun." While the delivery is completely deadpan, Brigid's ears flick and lip curls up in amusement as the notoriously dry head of state pokes fun at themselves.

"SO" clapping all four hands together in a single moment "Shall we get under way? After being cooped up in the passenger cabin I'd love to see the local color!" and the two figures make their way off towards the arena

Garrote's meta-material hull ripples silently as the Tezh adjusts it to the local world's heat and begins running diagnostics on equipment "We will be here."

Spoiler: Attendee appearances
    Show
    Brigid, aka ‘Spokelse’ - Exceptionally tall for a Stozudal, at almost three meters, she comes off as distinctly Tezh-like what with being slender and lithe, more than likely easily underestimated when it comes to physical prowess. She walks with the upright ready posture of someone tuned into their surroundings at all times, all four of her arms moving freely rather than having the lower two clasped across her midriff as most tend to. Of those four, both left arms are prosthetic - the upper being replaced entirely including the shoulder and the lower being artificial from just above the elbow. They are clearly high tech synthetic limbs without effort to make them look biological.

She wears a sleeveless jumpsuit with a short non fold-down collar, fastened from groin to neck and festooned with pockets - some appearing more packed than others. The tendrils sprouting above her scapula just behind the neck drape down her back serenely, and her tail curves up just before touching the ground. All three exit the jumpsuit via a horizontal flap in the fabric. On her chest to the left of the zipper are an array of small multi-colored strips and a few uniquely shaped pins; if there was any need of clearer indication that this woman is a veteran warrior, this is it.

Her body is covered in a silken silver-grey coat of fur, with striking feline features starting at the black tips of her ears and bright blue eyes with vertical slit pupils, below which sits an expressive set of whiskers and a blunt muzzle filled with sharp predator's teeth.

Talotius, Speaker for the Tezh Consensus - The Tezh currently serving as prime leader for the Consensus is back to Their normal polished perfection. The dust, burns, dents, and damaged/destroyed sub-frames have all been restored or replaced. The 12 sided Aether stone that makes Talotius' head hovering about two meters above the ground, with the myriad of parabolic disc sub-frames shoaling around the stone and settling into place to give the traditional appearance of a scaled cloak draped around humanoid shoulders. The sub-frames pick up the light of the environment, with reds, tans, and other colors from the landscape almost making the Speaker appear almost draconic themselves.

Kronin
    Talotius and Their taller companion pass through various checkpoints and make their way towards the King. When they are granted an audience and acknowledged the Speaker opens first "We offer greetings Grazkul, King-General of the Kronin. We are Talotius, Speaker for the Tezh Consensus. It is Our pleasure to make your acquaintance in person."

Brigid, standing tall off of Talotius' right 'shoulder' clasps her four arms across her chest and tilts her head forward in a gesture of respect. One of the apparently 'decorative' pins on her chest begins speaking in the local tongue in smooth tones as the Stozudal's throaty growling language is spoken quietly so as not to overlap and confuse things

"Greetings, King-General Grazkul. I am Brigid, and it is my honor to receive the mantle of Speaker in the near future. I understand that there is business to be conducted between Tezh and Kronin nations, and I requested to join Talotius for this gathering so that They and I may work together during transition and so that the efforts of our two nations could hopefully be the first of many points of respect and prosperity moving forward.

If you have a few spare moments to conduct business while we are in attendance, it would be very much appreciated. Until then, I have heard tell of 'dragons'?"
    There is a bit of predatory spark in her eyes at the mention of sport and the foreign word is audible from her throat clearly with a rumble of anticipation.

UPT
    In the course of meandering through the halls, greeting the various representatives and making introductions, they come across the UPT envoy. Talotius' motes glimmer briefly among themselves before Their choral voice speaks politely, the sub-frame cloak shifting slightly to give a perception of addressing each member of the group for at least a moment.

"We offer greetings to the Unified Public Trust. We are Talotius, Speaker for the Tezh Consensus. This is Brigid, Transitive Speaker."

The cloak sweeps towards the Stozudal female as if an arm was gesturing beneath it, but when the 'cloak' parts there is no body beneath it. Brigid clasps arms across her body and tips her head respectfully, but does not speak as Talotius continues

"We are pleased to have the chance to make introductions in person, and hope that the Revolution has not placed too much strain on Our fellow siblings."
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-10-29 at 08:55 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Shashagoona, tentacles regrown, and two other Rocthurhi disembarked from their landing craft, and were grateful for intervention of the Etherites. One of the Shu archmages had given them a blessing that allowed them to not lose the moisture from their skin that a place this hot and dry would normally extract. This was turning into a positive working relationship for the Rocthurhi.

The Iteans
    After greeting the Etherites the Rocthurhi delegation searched for a representative of the Itean people. Upon seeing the Archdeacon, all three Rocthurhi approached, tentacles pulled close so they were only 3 meters tall, and Sashagoona bowed before speaking.

Greetings, Archdeacon <a firm handshake>. This one is Shashagoona, representative of Faugloglys <an image of the Faugloglys imitating a bow> and the Rocthurhi people <many Rocthurhi swimming in the ocean>. Would you have a moment to talk of the space between our peoples <an image of nebulas, solar systems, comets, and empty blackness>?

The Lyrae
    Shashagoona is pleased to see Ool again, and approaches him with congratulations.

Greetings, friend <a memory of them talking at the coronation>. It has been many years <missing someone gone too long>. I hear tell that you bested a dragon today <Ool riding a winged dragon to the ground while standing on the back of its neck>. Has the rest of the galaxy not learned that they stand no chance <a congratulatory pat on the back>? But, How fare you and yours <Ool with his family>?

Shashagoona reaches out a tentacle for a pawshake.
    Last edited by DionysisReborn; 2019-10-28 at 04:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor_The_Mad View Post
    The Conclave

As long as I remain the leader of this nation I will not see us turn and run. I have no fear. I would rather die than run. I think I speak for all of my kind when I say this. He turns to his troops, they salute and respond. "We would die than run." They salute. The king general takes the scroll. "Tell your leader that we will not strike the first blow, if he still wishes for war we will not deny him. Krazkuls voice changes, taking on a menacing tone, you can feel the fire in his words. If it is war you want then let it be known that we will deliver with the force of a thousand suns. If you dare cross us we will show you are true steel. When we come, we will bring with us a fire that will raze all that stands before us to the ground. By the end of his speech the already hot air around him ripples with heat, you know this is not an empty threat.
    The draconic individual's personal shield ripples slightly in the heat produced by the King-General, but overall he does not seem too impressed.
    "We have weathered forces more powerful than your kind and we will weather this storm as well," he said with his own menacing tone, "Our fleet will meet yours in battle and though your treachery and dishonour will mean our deaths we will fight 'til the last."
    He placed the ruined and broken remnant of his sword back in its scabbard and bound his hands in golden cord.
    "As an agent of a foreign adversary you had best place me under arrest Your Majesty."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #35

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    RMT and UPT

As soon as the Urthuun is sighted, the trio hastens to her side from across the arena. In that time another human seems to have taken up conversation, though during a lull the Archdeacon speaks up. "Apologies for the intrusion, Urthuun. I an Archdeacon Provis of the Church of Iteus. On behalf of the Pontiff, I wish to thank you for your representative's generosity at the Zara auction. The services of the Church are at your disposal."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Hermicus View Post
    UPT:

<The Eye are our allies and our friends-in-arms against the Same. It would be foolish to attack them now. But they are no true Nephret Pact members. They are untrustworthy and hypocritical, and our commitment to them is nothing near our loyalty to the Syndrome or the Church of Iteus.>

ITS:

<You are welcome to it, Archdeacon. As a protectorate of the Rothuun Galactic Holdings, you can expect such benefits. Welcome to our honorable nation.>
    RMT/UPT
    Archdeacon Provis bows his head. "I am sure the Pontiff would extend her well-wishes." He then turns to the Symbraum delegate. "I apologize for my interruption, fellow dignitary. What brings you before the Urthuun today?"

RTH/RGH & ITS
    Fex examined the minotaur and the Itean closely during their exchange as he simultaneously turned over what the Urthuun had said about the Wardens. As it became apparent something akin to a formal pledge of vassalage was being thrown on the table the UPT representative sharpened his attention.

"Forgive our intrusion Archdeacon, we sought only to speak of petty concerns unbefitting the attention of the mighty Urthuun from whom we beg forgiveness for our bold assumptions. We are glad to hear the bonds of Iteus are strong in your part of the galaxy and they stand stronger than any bonds with the Wardens at World's End. We shall leave you to private conversations as to befit the Nephret Pact, no?" the human eye winked conspiratorially, "We do enjoy reading alien treaties and contracts forgive again our boldness."

With that the representative extricated themselves from the conversation seeking to return to the crowd. The politics around the "southeast" of the Core were highly complex and it certainly appeared the many players were all playing different games but ones that could at any moment spark into conflict. Iteus had interested some of the minds deployed among the psychic web to seek a new truth by the Transcendence Head as a path towards the godhood the Kamasati had promised in the now but failed to deliver. It had seemed however before departing for Kronin space that favor among the Head's elect few "chosen" was favoring the Nine Lights. The virtues of the Nolkir's Sphinx Gods had shined clearly to the truth in Shimmering Light and it was the most natural Symbraum policy; don't beat them, join with them.

Quote Originally Posted by KriegTiger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    UPT
    In the course of meandering through the halls, greeting the various representatives and making introductions, they come across the UPT envoy. Talotius' motes glimmer briefly among themselves before Their choral voice speaks politely, the sub-frame cloak shifting slightly to give a perception of addressing each member of the group for at least a moment.

"We offer greetings to the Unified Public Trust. We are Talotius, Speaker for the Tezh Consensus. This is Brigid, Transitive Speaker."

The cloak sweeps towards the Stozudal female as if an arm was gesturing beneath it, but when the 'cloak' parts there is no body beneath it. Brigid clasps arms across her body and tips her head respectfully, but does not speak as Talotius continues

"We are pleased to have the chance to make introductions in person, and hope that the Revolution has not placed too much strain on Our fellow siblings."
    Fex, whose eyes were Laurice's, examined the floating elements of the Tezh with an analytical glaze as the Speaker introduced themselves. Wordlessly through their mind Fez instructed Nuk to examine the floating pieces which sent the furry blue alien scurrying around to all sorts of angles. Fex could examine those memories later to create a detailed memory portrait within the web. He addressed now the Speaker through a spoken language.

"Tezh you say? Yes, we've read about your kind. Highly unusual. Forgive my manners, we are Fex K'bit hosted by Laurice of Port Klein, a human," the word was said almost contemptuously and perhaps it was as Fex did find other species more appealing for being bonded with, "You are not beings of flesh nor, as we are led to believe, of artificial construct?"

Quote Originally Posted by Moriko View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Mier Formica vessel approached the hostile planet the Kronin called home and halted in orbit for a moment to calculate the losses that could be occurred attending this gathering, after all the last one proved to be more hostile than anticipated and that had no mention of combat against dragons. In the end the risk was worth it and the ship set course for the newly build arena.

Arriving in the docking center the Mier Formica set down and any that had observed the previous two gatherings could tell the ship was significantly smaller than at those times. The reason for this was that only Mier Formica ants made up this ship and the representatives from other races were left at home for their own safety. As the envoy was created from the ants aboard the ship it was clear that this envoy was build different from the previous ones, its skin had a more metallic shine and the glow of small energy discharges could be seen within the arms that formed. One thing was clear this envoy was better prepared for combat than the last one was. After the first one finished forming a second one formed with the same specifications and then finally an envoy was created that looked more like the normal envoy who would be the diplomatic face of the gathered party.

Walking through the halls of massive arena the Mier Formica found several representatives of other galactic power and would attempt to communicate with each of them. The conversations would start always start the same way. For any party not encountered before it would be "Greetings we are the Mier Formica we have not met yet but i am sure we could find a common ground to build on, who do i have the pleasure of speaking to.".

As it would seem no previous acquaintances of the Mier Formica are present par the Kronin themselves the greetings for previously encountered races are as follows "Greetings representative of the Kronin, we have not forgotten the kindness you showed out kind during the auction not to long ago. We are honoured to attend your event and have prepared this more combat attuned envoy to participate in the festivities. We would like to register for the dragon hunt and the Bracketed Battle to ensure that your event is as spectacular as possible." the two envoys that were more prepared for battle stood at attention behind the diplomatic envoy awaiting a response.
    Klo J'van had been quietly observing through his host body's Catarin sharp eyes when he was made aware of the Mier Formica's arrival. The small insects had taken over nearly ten times their original territory since Maturation and people higher up than Klo spoke in hushed whispers about the psychic capabilities of Aptinoma Mier. Klo and his fellows in Protection however were far more concerned with the shapeshifting ant swarms so when a representative of the Formicans approached him he bowed and introduced himself as Klo J'van bonded with Delrik of Polisto before asking hesitantly.

"How large do the Mier Formica plan to grow? Will you one day rule the entire galaxy as the Callers once did?"

Klo was not a licensed diplomat and clearly should not have been left alone. He was here to provide protection to the Ambassador and represent Protection Division interests. The size of the Formican empire was certainly of interest to Protection.
    Thanks Gengy for the avatar!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sleek modified patrolcraft touched down smoothly on the 2nd floor of the Arena. Four figures emerged; Marius, hair beginning to cop streaks of grey, in sharp naval dress. He took in the sight, eyes narrowed in the heat. Jack, his bodyguard, in drab, functional body armour, two plasma pistols at his side. He kept a watchful eye on their surroundings. A step behind, Officers Victoire & Gladien, in similarly sharp naval dress, exited the craft. The four strode forth, Gladien drifting just above the surface, and entered an elevator. Arriving at the 5th floor, they paused overlooking the Arenas just in time to catch the tail end of the King-General's announcement.

Marius turns to Jack. "Well, that gives you something to do other than worry about me. Honour to the 'Dominion and all that. Do me proud." Jack looks a little hesitant. "I still think your security should be our first-" Marius claps Jack on the shoulder, interrupting him unceremoniously. "Look around. If anything goes wrong, there's little you'll do the Kronin won't do first. Go on." Jack sighs, salutes, and strides off to join the bracket matches.

Marius looks to the Officers with him. "Now; to business."

Spoiler: Characters Present
    Show

Marius Thresher Nox, Master of the Order of the Dawn and thus Leader of the Dawnstar Dominion.
    Jack Ackar Silver, Longtime friend of Marius and his bodyguard. Former Officer of the Dawnguard Brigade until his resignation last year.
    Victoire Valar Khorre, newly appointed Officer of the Dawnguard Brigade. Young and inexperienced, she is rumoured to have been chosen as a concession to the Valar family, who have grown rapidly in influence since Victoire's uncle Khorus was appointed Officer of the Aurelian Order 9 years ago.
    Gladien Xareia Bladed-One, Officer of the newly formed PsiCorps, following overtures with the Mindbreakers of U7. Pale-skinned with electric blue lines coursing with energy cris-crossing from crystal-gem to crystal-gem embedded in her flesh, Gladien's loosely humanoid form bears four sleek, sharp appendages that curl from her upper back, currently undulating slowly by her side, but clearly razor-sharp. The tips crackle intermittently with blue energy. She does not appear to have a mouth.

The Rothuun

Marius moseys on over to Urthuun Krazna. "Honoured friend of the 'Dominion, I have a proposition to make. I believe you have recently acquired an area of space in a position that... interests our interests, as it were. I've quite an offer for you, if you'll permit 'Dominion forces to peacefully occupy the region. If we might more privately discuss this arrangement..."

The Federated Churches of Origins End

Officers Victoire and Gladien approach the delegation from the Church of Rust. They bow, Gladien gracefully, her unblinking solid-white eyes fixed on Cold-Storm-Rider's suited form, Victoire keeping her eyes downcast. Gladien tilts her head slightly forwards, and Speaker Feminine-Glitter-Fruit-Blossom feels in her mind a sharp voice, echoing faintly, say \\We come in peace, honoured one. Long have the Eris sensed the faint disturbance your Revered Ones cause in the Lines. It is good to come face-to-face with their people. In the name of the Master's Dasari, and all Eris, I request an audience with your Godspeaker.//
    "Into the Jaws of Death, into the Mouth of Hell;" (Tennyson)
    So shall you tread, once you pass the precipice of villainy.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rolepgeek View Post
    The behemoth of the group pauses for a few moments as a ring around the uppermost portions of the suit swivels, before turning and stomping towards the Lyraen Delegation. When they spoke, the light showing through their viewports changed colors, intensities, and polarizations rapidly, though the level to which this was visible to unaided eyes was minimal. The voice itself was artificial sounding, though deep, booming, and very much fitting their apparent size as they loomed over Tra Gutri, extending one massive mechanized claw and bending over to touch the ground with it. Fortunately, the damage to the Kronin's floor is minimal.

" >>> I give greetings! I find good in meeting you, if you will find it in me. I am told that you are like me adjacently, and live by the grace of Great Stars! I am Cold-Storm-Rider - " a pause as a loud hissing accompanies venting gases - " - First Void Speaker of my people. May I ask to speak with you concurrently? <<<"
    Tra takes a few steps back as the behemoth approaches. He scrutinizes the stranger, someone he has not seen before, and raises an eyebrow. He signals his guards to stand at ease. "Indeed. I am Tra Gutri, lord of House Gutri."

He stands upright, or as upright as a male Lyraen can. The males do have a bit more of a natural stoop to them compared to the females. "Yes. I will speak with you. Your power seems...admirable." He extends his paw as if to shake. "Cold-Storm-Rider. It is good to meet you. I am glad to see that Ool has not entirely dissuaded other nations from wanting to interact with us."

Quote Originally Posted by DionysisReborn View Post
    Shashagoona, tentacles regrown, and two other Rocthurhi disembarked from their landing craft, and were grateful for intervention of the Etherites. One of the Shu archmages had given them a blessing that allowed them to not lose the moisture from their skin that a place this hot and dry would normally extract. This was turning into a positive working relationship for the Rocthurhi.

The Lyrae
    Shashagoona is pleased to see Ool again, and approaches him with congratulations.

Greetings, friend <a memory of them talking at the coronation>. It has been many years <missing someone gone too long>. I hear tell that you bested a dragon today <Ool riding a winged dragon to the ground while standing on the back of its neck>. Has the rest of the galaxy not learned that they stand no chance <a congratulatory pat on the back>? But, How fare you and yours <Ool with his family>?

Shashagoona reaches out a tentacle for a pawshake.
    Ool, shirtless and panting after his time in the heat, grins up at Shashagoona and eagerly takes their tentacle. "Shash!" he says, shaking it vigorously, "Good to see you, good to see you!"

He laughs. "Yes! I did capture a dragon, no less! And, as far as I know, it's the biggest that's been brought in. Though I must admit, I've been having too much fun to pay too careful attention." He releases their tentacle and stands proud. "And I believe the implants have, once again, proven their usefulness."

He looks Shashagoona over. "How are things back home?"

8. - Top - End - #38

UPT - The Nature of Tezh
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    Fex, whose eyes were Laurice's, examined the floating elements of the Tezh with an analytical glaze as the Speaker introduced themselves. Wordlessly through their mind Fez instructed Nuk to examine the floating pieces which sent the furry blue alien scurrying around to all sorts of angles. Fex could examine those memories later to create a detailed memory portrait within the web. He addressed now the Speaker through a spoken language.

"Tezh you say? Yes, we've read about your kind. Highly unusual. Forgive my manners, we are Fex K'bit hosted by Laurice of Port Klein, a human," the word was said almost contemptuously and perhaps it was as Fex did find other species more appealing for being bonded with, "You are not beings of flesh nor, as we are led to believe, of artificial construct?"
    Brigid's ears and tail flick in discreet amusement as Talotius fields the questions from the UPT envoy.

"That is correct" the Speaker's choral voice responds "We Tezh live at the fundamental harmonic of physicality. In order to interact with Our siblings in Axiom, we require a frame - a 'vehicle' as it were - to traverse and communicate through physicality at a scale that is relevant. We are capable of inhabiting biological ones, but found that Our siblings are disconcerted at having Tezh inhabit such frames, as it required supplanting the sibling that was inhabiting it prior to the Tezh."

One of the sub-frames lifts away from the cloak to hover quietly in the air between them, patiently allowing inspection by the creature scurrying around the Speaker curiously.

"So instead, Tezh participate and contribute alongside Our siblings by inhabiting technological frames which can be built to suit whatever task is needed. Our task as Speaker is social and requires adaptability to the various conditions and habitability profiles of Our siblings, so Our frame is capable of adopting many shapes and sizes and resisting the influence of many hostile environments."

"We recently suffered damage during a conflict when We decided to intervene and prevent the destruction and death of other siblings. The impairment has since been corrected, but We do not bear ill sentiment towards the other party in the conflict; We were the one to place Ourselves in harms way and take responsibility for Our losses, wishing them a safe return to the fundamental harmonic."

Brigid's eyes and ears had been tracking the little blue creature constantly as it scurried about, the Stozudal language rumbling quietly underneath the translator when she speaks up "The Stozudal were developing 'smart computing' at the time of First Contact with the Tezh, it took almost a generation before people finally stopped considering Tezh to be AI. We do still have some of those computing systems but there is no longer interest in exploring full Artificial Intelligence as the Tezh have been able and interested in taking up those tasks that would have needed it."

"I rather enjoy having conversations with the vacuum frames as they keep my quarters tidy" Brigid continues with a grin "And being able to converse with your translator on an otherwise long and boring journey around the cosmos of Axiom is a sanity saver." The pin at the top right of her decorated chest panel twinkles briefly as if in recognition to the friendly commentary but remains silent as it is dedicated to the importance of its duty.

Rocthurhi - Hugs all 'round!
    Talotius and Brigid are making their way across a large hallway when the Stozudal woman suddenly perks up, her ears flicking radially trying to pin down the sound "You didn't say anything about the akkar being here too, Tal" she remarks informally a moment before zeroing in on the tall shape of the Rocthurhi delegation just entering the passage. The three meter tall forms of Shashagoona and company bring a smile to her face, turning smartly on the spot and leaving the Speaker's side to close the distance quickly.

"Friends!" she roars, drowning out the translator on her chest and using all of her arms and both tendrils to grab multiple tentacles from each of the Rocthurhi delegation and draws them against her body in a giant communal hug "So good to see you! I was worried it would be all formality and bowing but your presence here lifts my spirit."

After a few more moments of reveling in the bodily contact Brigid releases them and takes a step back, nearly as tall as the stooping dodecapods "I am Brigid, Transitive Speaker. Talotius and I are here on business with the Kronin. I hope the conditions indoors are enough to keep you comfortable, I would be happy to wrangle some personal humidifiers from Garrote if they are needed."
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-10-29 at 12:19 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The Gelean Ambassadorial ship touched down, the heat shielding flaring. The Kronin homeworld was hotter than anything it'd been rated for, and some hasty upgrades had been made for this particular excursion. The suits of those aboard had similarly been upgraded with stillsuit layers for a high-heat environment, a far cry from the subzero temperatures of Aurgelmir and many other Gelean Core Worlds. Eight figures emerged from the saucer, foremost among them recognizable as once-Admiral, now just Elizabeth. Beside her was a hulking woman with skin of silver, not like an android but like a canvas painted with mercury. Of the other six, two were Geleans wearing military-grade suits and clearly serving as bodyguards; the other four were Grays, presumably Auroran.

Though she did not choose to approach or provoke any of the other delegations, she soon found her way to the seating to watch the Arena games. The stoic silver woman with her and the rest of the procession followed, as if daring others to approach.

10. - Top - End - #40

The Dawnstar Dominion:

Extricating herself from the Archdeacon of Iteus, Kzarna nods to Marius. <Yes, I hear you are interested in purchasing the region? I will be happy to acquiesce to your request. In exchange, would you mind looking into this for me? Your scientific resources would be well used to produce a new technique, which we have been working on for a while.>

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    DSD creates one Military and one Economy tech, results to be determined by RGH, and will give them to RGH once they have been created. In exchange, RGH gives DSD control of region D24.

Played as New Bhule in Empire!4
    Played as the Rothuun Galactic Hegemony in Empire!5
    Played as the United Blemmyae Tribes in Empire!6

11. - Top - End - #41

UPT
    Trask approaches Fex K'bit. "I was hoping to take a moment of your time. While I am not a diplomat in any real sense of the word, my government was hoping to open something of a dialog with the peoples of the Unified Public Trust and come to some form of understanding regarding territory and economics in the space between our peoples."

RMT
    Trask later approaches Autha nodding up at the larger Rothuun. "My name is Trask Shu'Petarn, let us know if you need any medical attentions here at the event. I did receive a missive while in transit that to help protect our holding we were looking to acquire access to some of your Takhaun to help us continue. With your people's endorsement of course."

12. - Top - End - #42

Brigid's Dragon Hunt - Talk about 'fun'!

The guide led Brigid through the halls to the transportation yard, calling an attendant over to have them bring a vehicle around.

The Stozudal had donned a thermal suit and goggles to deal with the heat, a near-full-body affair that was insulated with Tezh metamaterials. The deserts back on Yutov were brutal in their own way, and the cooling system was running just under maximum limits - well beyond where it would have to work back home - but the system could keep her uncooked (if a bit overly warmer than usual) for at least a few hours in this hellscape.

“You guys have quite the world, here! The view was pretty intense when we were coming in to land” she says over the sound of wind and engines as the transport arrives to take them into the field and she clambers into the open deck nimbly and looks over the equipment.

“Now that is a damn big gun, but I suppose the critters we’re going after require that kind of kit. Shall we be off?”

With extensive military service under her belt, Brigid was no stranger to large caliber weapons - still, something not quite as long as she was tall and a reinforced bi-pod deserves healthy respect; as does the target it’s meant for. It also meant she was no fan of extraneous safeguards, let the celebrities and rich folk use those so they could ‘feel’ dangerous while living in a bubble. She was also not doing this for bragging rights among the other nations present - having waived any hint of reward and competition away when offered, this hunt was for her.

Spoiler: The hunt
    Show
    The little bit of exposure the environment suit left around her neck and face meant that the hot wind blasted her senses mercilessly and would have dried her eyes out if not for the goggles as the vehicle traveled away from the complex and skimmed the ground carefully searching for sign of quarry. Her nostrils flared and whiskers blew in the breeze contentedly for the experience of it all as her eyes darted back and forth searching for the signs her guide had commented about, wanting to contribute to the hunt.

She spotted some marks and called attention to them, garnering praise from the guide but unfortunately they were old enough to not be useful, but on his way back to the prow of the skiff the Kronin called her over and pointed “There 300 meters, it’s likely the same one that made the tracks you found - they don’t like sharing territory.”

“Excellent” Brigid says, the growling chirp from her throat betraying her eagerness as she took up the weapon and laid out on the near-searing deck for a long range shot.

“C’mere, big guy.” adjusting the optics focus and dialing in the crosshairs, something didn’t feel right. “Hey - you said these were pretty territorial, right?”

“Yes. Why?

“Well.. it’s looking right at me and doing nothing but trying to be scary from way over there.”

“That’s not good..” the guide suddenly starts calling out orders to the crew of the skiff and everyone is scanning for another dragon. They don’t have to search long as the vehicle suddenly veers wildly to one side, voices call out in alarm, and the engine starts revving fiercely to get them under way; it’s not fast enough.

Lying prone is great for target acquisition but when the whole world moves out from under you there’s not much you can do about it. The steep bank of the skiff as it was struck from below and then swung around to recover tumbled Brigid right up to the edge of deck where she managed to get a tenuous grasp on hull mounted railing probably used for rapid boarding mesh, her body cartwheeling over the edge and giving her a good look at the dragon that decided to hunt her instead.

“Grab her!” shouts the guide as the rattling of the gun across the deck lets him know his charge is not where she needs to be - ie ‘safe’ - and just as one of the crew comes to help her back onto the skiff the dragon strikes again.

At first it was going to drive away this hovering interloper, but now there was a possible snack to be had and it was very interested in getting to it. With a great leap the giant creature lunges at the skiff with jaws wide, but in the moments of stability Brigid managed to get a couple more hands on the railing. Unfortunately she was in no position to clamber up and avoid being a mouthful, which only left one option; the crewman got to the edge of the deck just in time to see her draw her legs up and shove.

She vaulted away from the skiff and down towards ironically the safest place that wasn’t the skiff: the dragon’s big body. Since touching the ground meant lava that would turn her to a crisp in an instant, Brigid’s entire chance for survival meant maintaining her position on the creature itself. At first it seemed like the beast wouldn’t notice that her slight weight had hitched a ride, but when it did not see anything interesting up above, and nothing was on the ground, it soon caught onto the ploy and began thrashing around trying to get at her.

“Get clear!” she roars at the skiff, the crew having attached a rope ladder to the railing and trying to maneuver nearby for her, but the dragon’s flailing and general hostility made it far too dangerous to get close enough to help. With great effort she manages to not get thrown into the lava, maneuvering over the expansive body rapidly as it suddenly rolls and tries to squash her with its armored bulk “Hah, you’re too slow, bastard!”

As the dragon goes through its roll she is able to look up and locate the skiff still circling nearby; too far to make a direct leap and too much lava for any chance of a run for safety. She ponders calling them over if the dragon rolls again when suddenly the head comes up right next to her and allows barely enough time to dive to the side as the jaws snap shut where she used to be, now grasping one of the horns extending from its head with her both her right arms.

Feeling the imbalance the dragon begins to thrash its head back and forth violently, slamming her body against the armored plates again and again with every back and forth motion and Brigid feels things start to give. Breath knocked out of her, hands beginning to slip, and help now completely off the menu she desperately makes a grab under the Dragon’s chin with her lower left arm, gripping the chitin so hard that the prosthetic claws find a fraction of purchase in the rock hard hide.

From the skiff’s perspective Brigid is flung about like a rag doll, miraculously keeping her grip and in a moment of reprieve reaching under to cling to the monster and avoid getting tossed around more. Then she reaches up with her free upper left hand and touches the great beast behind it’s jaw and there is a blinding pulse of light, the dragon bellows in rage and pain for a moment before there is a great concussive blast of pressure and it falls silent. As everyone’s eyes recover from the burst of light they find the armored behemoth dead on the ground with half its head missing. Brigid was apparently thrown off by the collapsing spasm but landed on one of the clawed legs a few meters above the intense heat of the ground, where she lays motionless for a few moments before showing signs of life.

The skiff warily starts coming closer and the crew and guide all start yelling at her, calling her name as she staggers to her feet and looking around dazedly. Her environment suit is fairly well shredded from being battered against the harsh scales of the dragon, her right arms hang limp and the left are completely exposed from where the prosthetic arm discharged at point blank range into the beast - waving at them unsteadily. The crew brings the vehicle in low while keeping a wary eye out for the other dragon and the guide hops down next to her as she turns and kneels on the creature’s elbow and lays the exposed mechanical hand - no longer glowing - against its flank.

“Well fought, brother. Safe return to the fundamental harmonic” the Stozudal murmurs quietly to herself before getting shakily to her feet, steadied by the guide “So… that went well. I trust the Kronin will not let this carcass go to waste?”

The guide looks at her incredulously “You’re insane..” he mutters “but yes, since you weren’t after a trophy we have other things that can be done with the remains.”

Brigid chuckles at the commentary “Not the first time I’ve been called that, to be honest. But that’s a story better told over a drink. For now… I think a trip to the infirmary is in order” wincing as she cradles her useless arms to keep them from swinging painfully with every motion.

Etherites - 'Hey Doc, fix a girl up?'

The trip back was uneventful, if really painful and really REALLY hot now that the environmental suit had been all but destroyed. The crew had tried to make Brigid comfortable while the guide supervised the rest and then they set off back to the vehicle depot. Upon arrival, Talotius stands silently waiting at the berth for her.

"Don't give me that look.." she says quietly as she is helped off the skiff and an attendant arrives to lead them to the infirmary "I'm still upright. More than can be said for the other guy."

The motes within the Aether Stone glimmer erraticly for a few moments before the Speaker's choral voice chides her "The risk was unwarranted, you must think beyond yourself. You know this."

She nods with a grimace of discomfort and guesses how many cracked - if she's lucky - ribs there are. "Yes, I do. But you know the full story, so I'd appreciate a little breathing room." Hah.. breathing.. yeah that hurt. Definitely at least one broken bone. "I'll be fine - made it back in one piece after all."

They arrive at the medical wing and are greeted by the very non-Kronin Etherites and the Stozudal woman blinks in confusion for a moment "Uh.. hi. I'm Brigid, Transitive Speaker for the Tezh. Who do I speak to for first aid?"
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-10-29 at 04:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: The Kronin
    Show
    The King-General saluted the Mier Formica as they came in. "We are glad you have decided to attend our competition. I shall send for a group to aid you in finding one of our dragons." He turns and beckons to a solder standing by the elevator. "The Mier Formica would like to hunt a dragon." She nods and walks off.
    The diplomatic envoy returns the nod and turns to the soldier

"One of our envoys more prepared for combat will hunt the dragon"

One of the more armoured and clearly weaponized envoys steps forward.

"We are in your care please direct us to the location of the hunt." The envoy follows the soldier leaving the other two behind. (i will write up the dragon hunt in a later post when i have some more time)

Quote Originally Posted by Reggiejam View Post
    Spoiler: Unified Public Trust
    Show
    Klo J'van had been quietly observing through his host body's Catarin sharp eyes when he was made aware of the Mier Formica's arrival. The small insects had taken over nearly ten times their original territory since Maturation and people higher up than Klo spoke in hushed whispers about the psychic capabilities of Aptinoma Mier. Klo and his fellows in Protection however were far more concerned with the shapeshifting ant swarms so when a representative of the Formicans approached him he bowed and introduced himself as Klo J'van bonded with Delrik of Polisto before asking hesitantly.

"How large do the Mier Formica plan to grow? Will you one day rule the entire galaxy as the Callers once did?"

Klo was not a licensed diplomat and clearly should not have been left alone. He was here to provide protection to the Ambassador and represent Protection Division interests. The size of the Formican empire was certainly of interest to Protection.
    This was one of the first replies the envoy had gotten all night, other parties had made efforts to avoid it when making contact. It quickly replied with what could be interpreted as a sigh of relief and said

"We will only grow as large as we need to be. We initially aimed to have a defensive ring around our home world as a buffer for those that would do us harm. We were then invited to govern C19 by our halfling friends and now we grow to assist the galaxy against the threat of the same. We have no indention of ruling the entire galaxy we would much rather see one where all of our neighbours can live alongside each other, we have also already learned that this is not possible so we aim to make sure our direct neighbours are as friendly as possible."

After giving Klo J'van a moment to absorb the answer it follows up with

"The public trust occupies region far to our south but these regions are next to our vassal the Melfynians so we have to ask what drives you and yours?"

Speaking with some of the other races the Mier Formica had learned that most are driving by Greed, violence, entertainment or a combination of the three and would be very interested in the answer given by Klo.

Quote Originally Posted by KriegTiger View Post
    Arrival to the Kronin homeworld
    Spoiler: The Tezh
    Show

The Tezh Consensus arrives in orbit over Kroznar in typical fashion; empty space one moment, occupied the next. The sleek non-reflective diamond shape of Garrote simply appears outside the defensive perimeter and immediately begins broadcasting clearance codes, diplomatic identification credentials, and a passenger list.

Upon being vetted and given directions to land, the delicate looking space frame descends through the atmosphere in a steep plunge that doesn't begin to slow until a good 80% towards the surface has been traversed, after which there is a tight radius turn as the 'nose' of the frame pulls up and shoots flatly over the landscape towards the event grounds at rapid speed. Banking to the left, Garrote pulls an even tighter turn which bleeds speed and drops elevation even more to reach a final stop over Their designated pad, holding position four meters above the ground in silence as the lower portion of the hull opens and debarking steps drift down to the ground.

Talotius exits first, the 'cloak' of the shoaling sub-frames drifting in the heated wind and steaming briefly as the humidity from the passenger cabin burns off by the time they reach the ground. The head of state turns after reaching the bottom and turns back towards the steps as another figure emerges, feet lightly touching each step as they descend rapidly. Hopping off the last one into a crouch as if to kiss the ground and then leaping up to slap four hands on the hull with a whoop of exhilaration.

"Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!" exclaims the Stozudal female as she lands again and turns to face Talotius with a broad fanged grin "Space travel is so damn boring that I don't know how people who can't 'turn off' do it, but the descent can be worth the wait. Thanks for indulging me, Talotius" she looks up to the frame and laughs "And of course you too, Garrote."

The gangway raises out of sight and the hull closes silently behind it "No problem, Brigid. It's been pleasant to serve the Consensus and see so many new things, but We look forward to our future travels and having a little.. fun.. now and again. No offense, Talotius."

The Speaker is silent the whole time but the motes twinkle briefly as They are addressed "None taken, We look forward to all the things that can be accomplished with new perspective and even a bit of.. fun." While the delivery is completely deadpan, Brigid's ears flick and lip curls up in amusement as the notoriously dry head of state pokes fun at themselves.

"SO" clapping all four hands together in a single moment "Shall we get under way? After being cooped up in the passenger cabin I'd love to see the local color!" and the two figures make their way off towards the arena

Garrote's meta-material hull ripples silently as the Tezh adjusts it to the local world's heat and begins running diagnostics on equipment "We will be here."

Spoiler: Attendee appearances
    Show
    Brigid, aka ‘Spokelse’ - Exceptionally tall for a Stozudal, at almost three meters, she comes off as distinctly Tezh-like what with being slender and lithe, more than likely easily underestimated when it comes to physical prowess. She walks with the upright ready posture of someone tuned into their surroundings at all times, all four of her arms moving freely rather than having the lower two clasped across her midriff as most tend to. Of those four, both left arms are prosthetic - the upper being replaced entirely including the shoulder and the lower being artificial from just above the elbow. They are clearly high tech synthetic limbs without effort to make them look biological.

She wears a sleeveless jumpsuit with a short non fold-down collar, fastened from groin to neck and festooned with pockets - some appearing more packed than others. The tendrils sprouting above her scapula just behind the neck drape down her back serenely, and her tail curves up just before touching the ground. All three exit the jumpsuit via a horizontal flap in the fabric. On her chest to the left of the zipper are an array of small multi-colored strips and a few uniquely shaped pins; if there was any need of clearer indication that this woman is a veteran warrior, this is it.

Her body is covered in a silken silver-grey coat of fur, with striking feline features starting at the black tips of her ears and bright blue eyes with vertical slit pupils, below which sits an expressive set of whiskers and a blunt muzzle filled with sharp predator's teeth.

Talotius, Speaker for the Tezh Consensus - The Tezh currently serving as prime leader for the Consensus is back to Their normal polished perfection. The dust, burns, dents, and damaged/destroyed sub-frames have all been restored or replaced. The 12 sided Aether stone that makes Talotius' head hovering about two meters above the ground, with the myriad of parabolic disc sub-frames shoaling around the stone and settling into place to give the traditional appearance of a scaled cloak draped around humanoid shoulders. The sub-frames pick up the light of the environment, with reds, tans, and other colors from the landscape almost making the Speaker appear almost draconic themselves.

The Mier Formica had seen Androids and Robots before but when spotting the Tezh they knew that were different. Approaching the speaker it said with an almost curious voice

"Greeting we are the Mier Formica and are intrigued. You walk around in this metallic form but that is not you it seems more like an anchor to the here and now. Would you be willing to explain how this works?"

There were plenty of rumours floating around about the Tezh but those could be exaggerated or just outright untrue. It was always better to learn about your neighbours face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Spoiler: The Gelean Empire
    Show
    The Gelean Ambassadorial ship touched down, the heat shielding flaring. The Kronin homeworld was hotter than anything it'd been rated for, and some hasty upgrades had been made for this particular excursion. The suits of those aboard had similarly been upgraded with stillsuit layers for a high-heat environment, a far cry from the subzero temperatures of Aurgelmir and many other Gelean Core Worlds. Eight figures emerged from the saucer, foremost among them recognizable as once-Admiral, now just Elizabeth. Beside her was a hulking woman with skin of silver, not like an android but like a canvas painted with mercury. Of the other six, two were Geleans wearing military-grade suits and clearly serving as bodyguards; the other four were Grays, presumably Auroran.

Though she did not choose to approach or provoke any of the other delegations, she soon found her way to the seating to watch the Arena games. The stoic silver woman with her and the rest of the procession followed, as if daring others to approach.
    When the Envoy walked into the arena to watch the games it was hard to miss the gathering of Gelean force. The Gelean were one of the main forces when it came to containing the same in the north western region of the galaxy. Having a conversation was a must. The envoy walks up to what seems to be the woman in charge and says

"Greeting, mind if we watch the game with you?"
    Empire 4 played the Council of Jintha
    Empire 5 played the Empress of the Mier Formica
    Empire 6 played the Kingdom of the Sewune.
    Empire 7 Gm together with LapisCattis Empire 7: Into the Depths

14. - Top - End - #44

Curious Mier Formica
    The Mier Formica had seen Androids and Robots before but when spotting the Tezh they knew that were different. Approaching the speaker it said with an almost curious voice

"Greeting we are the Mier Formica and are intrigued. You walk around in this metallic form but that is not you it seems more like an anchor to the here and now. Would you be willing to explain how this works?"

There were plenty of rumours floating around about the Tezh but those could be exaggerated or just outright untrue. It was always better to learn about your neighbours face to face.
    Talotius faces the being asking questions and bows slightly "We offer greetings to the Mier Formica, it is good to greet our stellar neighbors once more. We regret not being able to spend more time with the Mier Formica which we met at the Pan Galactic Auction, although we understand the extenuating circumstances of that gathering."

The choral voice pauses to consider the best way to answer the question, the multicolored motes twinkling among themselves during the quiet until they all settle to a smooth glow.

"You are correct that We are not the construct present before you. Tezh are beings of energy, who exist natively in reality alongside quanta - packets of information that make up matter and photons - a place we call the fundamental harmonic. We cannot perceive this scale of reality - which We call physicality - without an interface, a frame. Some frames are inhabited by few Tezh, some are inhabited by legions. The difference in numbers that inhabit any frame is usually dependent upon the complexity and capabilities of the frame itself - from simple machines up through deep space war frames."

The Speaker gestures to Brigid, standing next to Them "It was through pure chance that the Stozudal and Tezh ever began to communicate, and later cohabitate in physicality with the development of frames and materials that allow us to migrate out of the Conflux. We Tezh that inhabit this frame - known as Talotius - could be considered as pilots."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler: The Mier
    Show
    When the Envoy walked into the arena to watch the games it was hard to miss the gathering of Gelean force. The Gelean were one of the main forces when it came to containing the same in the north western region of the galaxy. Having a conversation was a must. The envoy walks up to what seems to be the woman in charge and says

"Greeting, mind if we watch the game with you?"

Elizabeth turned to the mass of ants, a susurrus of psionic noise emanating from the pendant about her neck. Her encounter suit gleamed orange, the photium steel fishbowl helmet twinkling slightly in the light. She stared for a long moment while the rest of the group looked around uncomfortably, before a smile graced her lips.

"By all means. I take it you represent the, ahm-" Ants, she thought with suppressed distaste, though the proper name was on the tip of her tongue. "-the Mier. I am Elizabeth of Rios Arcology, a prominent citizen in the Gelean Empire. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DionysisReborn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

The Iteans
    After greeting the Etherites the Rocthurhi delegation searched for a representative of the Itean people. Upon seeing the Archdeacon, all three Rocthurhi approached, tentacles pulled close so they were only 3 meters tall, and Sashagoona bowed before speaking.

Greetings, Archdeacon <a firm handshake>. This one is Shashagoona, representative of Faugloglys <an image of the Faugloglys imitating a bow> and the Rocthurhi people <many Rocthurhi swimming in the ocean>. Would you have a moment to talk of the space between our peoples <an image of nebulas, solar systems, comets, and empty blackness>?
    Archdeacon Provis' lips purse in annoyance at the telepathic imagery, but he elects to say nothing of how intrusive an effort it was. "In the past the Church has been very accommodating of potential neighbors, though I will say that it has never been as... personal... a conversation as this. May I ask, dear representative, for what reason do you seek dominion over the sector between us?"

17. - Top - End - #47

The Conclave

The King-General looks at the draconic figure. "I have no need for prisoners of war yet. You are just a messenger. Go if you can or join in the games if you wish to do so. If you are still here at the end we will arrest you.

The Tezh

He nods as Brigid comes up. "Off to kill a dragon are you? A few have already returned with some catches. Think you can match the dragon the Lyreans caught? I wish you good luck."

Nozdak was walking through the hangers, looking at the catches people brought in when the door opened and the small group came hauling the carcass of a dragon behind them. The group looked like they had taken quite a beating. Kzhel, the Tezh's guide walked up to him, "Crazy. The lot of them." he walks away shaking his head. Nozdak was quite confused by the officer's remark until he saw the other side of the dragon, or what was left of it. Almost the entire left half of its head had appeared to have been blown off. "What the hell did you do to it? shoot it with an anti-ship missile? He laughed, "I have seen someone blow the head of one of these without some very large guns. I am impressed." He walks away laughing to himself.

Mier Formica

Nozdak nods as the King-General returns from his diplomatic escapade. He stepps aside so that the King-General may take his place. Krazkul greets the Mier Formica delegate. "Good to see you join us for the festivities. I shall find you a guide so you may partake in the hunt." An old soldier named Nyx comes up. He is getting on in his years and like most older kronin, joined the front lines. He salutes the delegate as they come up. "Ready?" he beckons them to follow as he gathers a few more troops and hops in the transport with the humanoid pile of ants. He would be quite curious to see how this will go. He had never seen a pile of ants fight before.

Everyone

The King-General stands up on his podium of sorts and addresses the crowd. I am glad all of you could make it to our event. I hope you all are finding the climate suitable. I would just like to announce the beginning of the tournament. You still have time to join if you wish.

OOC
    If you want to join I have changed the rules slightly. You no longer need an action to attend but the people who do attend will still win the prize as normal. If you attend and you come second to someone who won first but didn't attend you still win the prize. If you want to enter, with or without an action please inform me somehow by noon (EST) tomorrow. Thank you!

Show

Meat tastes good.

18. - Top - End - #48

The Tezh

He nods as Brigid comes up. "Off to kill a dragon are you? A few have already returned with some catches. Think you can match the dragon the Lyreans caught? I wish you good luck."

Nozdak was walking through the hangers, looking at the catches people brought in when the door opened and the small group came hauling the carcass of a dragon behind them. The group looked like they had taken quite a beating. Kzhel, the Tezh's guide walked up to him, "Crazy. The lot of them." he walks away shaking his head. Nozdak was quite confused by the officer's remark until he saw the other side of the dragon, or what was left of it. Almost the entire left half of its head had appeared to have been blown off. "What the hell did you do to it? shoot it with an anti-ship missile? He laughed, "I have seen someone blow the head of one of these without some very large guns. I am impressed." He walks away laughing to himself.
    Brigid is making her way slowly away from the hunting party with the attendant when the question is heard behind her. She pauses long enough to turn to Nozdak with a battered grin and raises her upper-left arm with palm pointed away from anything like one would do with a properly handled weapon, the Tezh-tech prosthetic is pristine and unblemished compared to the rest of her as the lower-left arm still works to cradle both her limp right arms against her body

"That dragon was a crafty one, had to use the very last trick I had - literally up my sleeve. Only the full combat frames tend to do it at point blank range because of the conversion blow-back, but I didn't have any other options. Please let the King-General know that I will still make our arranged audience time to discuss business."

With that she continues on towards the infirmary with Talotius at her side, feeling much better already having returned to a cooler setting where - so far - nothing is out to kill her.

19. - Top - End - #49

The arenas are cleared, the dragons are prepared and the stands of the largest arena fill. The King-General stands on a platform on the center island of the arena.AND NOW, TO CLOSE OFF OUR EVENT, THE GRAND TOURNAMENT!.

IN THE FIRST ROUND, THE ROTHUUN WILL FACING OFF AGAINST THE LYRAE!

He steps down and walks to his spot in the stands. 5 kronin race around the arena setting up the weapon racks, and preparing the arena for the fight. The 2 contestants stand at either end of the arena. Choose your weapons!

Let the games begin.
    Winner of round 5 faces

Round: 1 Gaius vs Milt
    Winner: Gaius
    Round: 2 Tent vs Role
    Winner: Tent
    Round: 3 Blade vs Moriko
    Winner: Blade
    Round: 4 Ausar vs Ty-Rone
    Winner: Ausar
    Round: 5 Aed vs Moos
    Winner: Aed
    Quarter-Finals: Aed vs Ausar
    Semi-Finals: 1 Gaius vs Tent
    Semi-Finals: 2 Blade vs Ausar
    Winner: Blade
    Finals: Gaius vs Blade
    Last edited by Ivor_The_Mad; 2019-11-01 at 05:55 PM.

Show

Meat tastes good.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Firbolg in the Playground

In the first round, Tra Gutri, head of House Gutri faces off against Herthaela the Strangler. The Lyraen takes a few moments before the battle to adjust his battledress in the mirror. Out of the corner of his eye, he spots the terror of every warrior in his own reflection. A patch of grey fur clings to the end of his muzzle. He stares at it, frozen. A snarl crawls over his face and his fist goes through the glass.

"Ool," the growls, "You'll see how a true Lyraen carries himself!" He turns on his heels and storms into the arena.

Herthaela is already in the ring, snorting impatiently and stalking up and down her side of the line. When she sees her opponent, a vicious grin splits her face. Tra Gutri regards her, the picture of discipline and proper decorum. The perfect vision of a Lyraen officer. He slips his paws into dulled 'cyberclaws', a pair of gauntlets designed for the Lyraen form of close combat. Herthaela needs no weapons.

At the signal, they charge towards each other. Wind swirls around Tra's footpaws, boosting his speed. In a moment, he crosses the distance and slams his shoulder into Herthaela's gut. Yet, for all the force in the blow, he bounces off. Herthaela takes a single step back and bellows. She lowers her upper body into a crouch and lunges forward, massive arms reaching for the Lyraen.

Tra leaps back and curses. Now, his shoulder throbs and she seems none the worse off. Didn't even manage to drive the wind from her lungs. He looks into her eyes. He's looked into the eyes of many opponents throughout his life. They've held everything from fear to righteous zeal to sullen resignation. Her eyes, though, are filled only with a mixture of rage and joy. Suddenly, the battle is no longer about winning. The battle is about surviving.

"Too slow," Tra spits. He circles her, that patch of grey at the forefront of his mind. "Too old. Stupid old wolf. Duels are a younger pup's game."

Unfortunately, she thinks he is taunting her. Her fists slam into the ground, denting it, and she gallops forward, rampaging towards him. Winds surround his leg, and he whips it upwards. His knee catches her on the side of the face and snaps her head to the side. Her horn, however, catches the armor on his chest and yanks him off balance. Old instincts take over and he rolls backwards.

Pain lights up his brain as her foot slams down on his tail. With one meaty fist, she hauls him into the air by his tail and swings him once around her head. The centrifugal forces claw at the edge of his vision, threatening to force him into unconsciousness. She lets go. Like a slingstone, she sends him flying into the wall.

Stunned, but conscious, he staggers to his feet and tries to crouch into a fighting stance. Like a bulldozer, she slams into him. With one arm, she pins him by his neck to the wall. Her other fist draws back and piledrives into his stomach. The breath leaves his lungs. With her arm around his neck, he cannot get more. The darkness at the edge of his vision takes him entirely and he slumps down, unconsciousness.
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2019-10-31 at 12:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

Round 1: Telescopic Radiance vs Sorren Caxton Elien

As both Sorren and Telescopic Radiance enter the arena for their fight, each selects their weapons. Sorren selects a combination of a double-barreled trivolver with a hand-peeler. Radiance takes no weapons, already carrying all it needs. They both take to their seperate sides.

At the signal, neither charges in, both taking to circling around to test the other's defences. Sorren lets off her first shots to test how thick Radaince's plating is, as well as landing a flashbang shot next to it. The flashbang goes off, but Radiance is entirely unaffected. Radiance takes this opportunity to close, slamming into Sorren's chest and knocking her back a good few metres. With a graceful flip, Sorren activates her anti-grav boots and regains her footing, firing off explosive buckshot to retaliate. She curses under her breath as she sees Radiance shrug it off with its thick microplating.

While Sorren changes cylinders, Radiance stays unusually quiet, saying nothing at all, only occasionally letting off a slight "bzzt."

Sorren can see how the fight is progressing, and takes the initiative to stop the relentless Duen. She launches a charge of his own, firing off two more shots, one cryogenic, the other incendiary. Both bounce off of Radaince's armour, doing little more than leave a dusting of frost. Sorren curses a lot more audibly this time. She had forgotten to properly align her EMP rounds, a critical mistake against her electronic opponent. This does however allow Sorren to close, and she nimbly jumps on the backside of the Duen, and begins to cut away with the hand-peeler. "Sorry about this, but that's game," she smirks, as the plasma arc makes contact with Radiance's top-plating.

It's at this point that Radiance ran an electric current through itself.

Stunned and shocked, Sorren reels, but is thrown fowards as her boots short circuit and drive her legs backwards. Her head slams into Radiance's armour. Luckily for her, her helmet prevents more than a concussion, but it's little consolation as she is pulled around by her feet.. Radiance pulls her down easily with this distraction and pins her to the ground, an appendage for every limb. With a far more considerate electric current, it fully short out the boots, preventing them from driving her legs about any further.

"QUESTION, bzzt," says Radiance. "Do you submit?" holding a clasper near her neck.

Sorren hisses, craning her head back against the sand. "Blinding...yes, I submit! Rotten oaths, my head..." she spits after a second, her boots smoking slightly.
    King of Caligonia in Empire 3. Crusaded into the sunset

Played as The Whitefeather Kingdom in Empire 4. Flew too close to the sun

Played as the Duenem in Empire 5. Ordered a God to stand down, and kept a contingency ready...

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

(OOC: Ivor has requested that I submit a combatant to allow Aed to enter the fray of the competition, so I'm adding a character to this event)

As the Grand Tournament is announced, a new electronically projected voice begins speaking to the arena. "You are fools! The lot of you!" The voice can be traced back to a far wall of the arena, where a man wearing charred garb of the Church of Iteus has taken to standing on the railing. "My kindred sought ascendance by looking to a long-dead creature polluting the oceans with its seed, but BEHOLD!" He tears off the outer robe, revealing a disturbing mechanization of his flesh. "I have tread the path they will not! THE SAME ARE ASCENDANCE!" He points across the arena to where Archdeacon Provis is spitting out his drink in shock. "That FOOL and his lackeys would see us chase the Callers, but they knew not true greatness! THE SAME IS TRUE GREATNESS!" A variety of weapons sprout from his body as he laughs at the Archdeacon. "I AM CARANUS, ARCHDEACON OF THE SAME! SEND FORTH YOUR CHAMPIONS, AND SEE THEM RUINED!"

By the time Caranus finishes his speech, Provis and his henchmen are sprinting as fast as possible to the Kronin leader. If only the knowledge parasites boosted endurance in addition to intelligence! Quite exhausted by the time he arrives, the Archdeacon breathlessly attempts to explain. "Caranus... had a scheme... to convert the Same..." Provis coughs profusely, silvery phlegm splattering on the floor. "He was supposed to be dead... don't let him leave alive... give us the body..."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack Ackar Silver vs Ty-Rone

Jack stepped into the arena, rolling his shoulders back, surreptitiously switching his pistols to 'stun'. Looking across at his opponent, he sees... a rodent? Ty-Rone, the horned capybara, crawls towards him. He glances around, but no-one seems to be stepping into fight him instead. He turns back to Ty, just as the little rat springs forth with alarming speed, right at his face! Jack rolls left, as Ty goes flying through where his head used to be.

Shrugging, Jack whips up his right pistol, and fires twice at the capybara. There is a slight crackle of energy as Ty shivers, and as the second bolt hits, jerks back three feet, falling still at the edge of the arena, seemingly unconscious. Jack drops the pistol back into his holster, and walks out, shaking his head, hoping for a more normal opponent next time.
    Last edited by Ausar; 2019-10-31 at 09:03 PM.
    "Into the Jaws of Death, into the Mouth of Hell;" (Tennyson)
    So shall you tread, once you pass the precipice of villainy.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

The Guide nods to the Ninurtine. "Let's see what we can find." After a little while longer the Transport comes up to another lair. "Judging by the tracks and the claw marks on the walls, I would say we got one about 27Kg
    "Cheers, let's see whit he can dae," said Dub, as he stepped into the lair. "Whaur ur ye, ye great beastie?" As he looked around, his axe purred into life, a power field crackling along the blade edge.

The attack came suddenly, as the dragon lunged at him. "Och, yoo're faster than Ah thooght!" Dub cried, as he just leapt aside from the dragon's jaws. "Eh'd raither ye come back in one piece, but if yoo're gonnae be loch 'at-"

The head followed him, and he bashed it on the snout with the butt of his axe. Undeterred, the dragon lunged again, and he stepped aside before stepping back in at the base of its skull. Apparently realising what he was trying to do, the dragon twisted, but he managed to retain a decent grip, and hauled himself up until he was aside the dragon's neck.

"Quieten yerself doon," he said, and brough the axe down on the dragon's head, ending its struggles.

"Aye, nae bad," he observed to the guide as he emerged, "but ah daresay someain will hae taken a bigger un".
    (OOC: Ivor has requested that I submit a combatant to allow Aed to enter the fray of the competition, so I'm adding a character to this event)

As the Grand Tournament is announced, a new electronically projected voice begins speaking to the arena. "You are fools! The lot of you!" The voice can be traced back to a far wall of the arena, where a man wearing charred garb of the Church of Iteus has taken to standing on the railing. "My kindred sought ascendance by looking to a long-dead creature polluting the oceans with its seed, but BEHOLD!" He tears off the outer robe, revealing a disturbing mechanization of his flesh. "I have tread the path they will not! THE SAME ARE ASCENDANCE!" He points across the arena to where Archdeacon Provis is spitting out his drink in shock. "That FOOL and his lackeys would see us chase the Callers, but they knew not true greatness! THE SAME IS TRUE GREATNESS!" A variety of weapons sprout from his body as he laughs at the Archdeacon. "I AM CARANUS, ARCHDEACON OF THE SAME! SEND FORTH YOUR CHAMPIONS, AND SEE THEM RUINED!"

By the time Caranus finishes his speech, Provis and his henchmen are sprinting as fast as possible to the Kronin leader. If only the knowledge parasites boosted endurance in addition to intelligence! Quite exhausted by the time he arrives, the Archdeacon breathlessly attempts to explain. "Caranus... had a scheme... to convert the Same..." Provis coughs profusely, silvery phlegm splattering on the floor. "He was supposed to be dead... don't let him leave alive... give us the body..."
    Against the bluster of Caranus, Ayaka stepped into the arena silently. Humiliated at Nera, this was her people's first chance to demonstrate the value of the Tabine on the galactic stage, and to regain honour for the House of the Unconquered Crane. She discarded her hooded cloak, revealing her horns, and took what appeared to be a short rod from her belt before bowing to her opponent.

Then she moved. The rod extended into a flickering spear, which she launched at the priest of the Same even as he began to train his weapons. Without pausing to see whether she had struck home, she drew her sword and charged, coming just within range of Caranus's melee weapons before dropping to one knee and sliding to evade his counterattacks.

The Same priest was faster than she had thought - much faster. Two blades found their target, slashing her sleeve and cheek. But it was clear that for all his augmentations and enthusiasm, the priest had no true martial ability, and neither wound was sufficient to incapacitate. She lashed her own blade to the back of his legs and sprang to her feet. In a moment, she stood above him, sword raised over her head.

"Do you yield?"
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2019-11-01 at 05:58 PM.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Bizarre Battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Against the bluster of Caranus, Ayaka stepped into the arena silently. Humiliated at Nera, this was her people's first chance to demonstrate the value of the Tabine on the galactic stage, and to regain honour for the House of the Unconquered Crane. She discarded her hooded cloak, revealing her horns, and took what appeared to be a short rod from her belt before bowing to her opponent.

Then she moved. The rod extended into a flickering spear, which she launched at the priest of the Same even as he began to train his weapons. Without pausing to see whether she had struck home, she drew her sword and charged, coming just within range of Caranus's melee weapons before dropping to one knee and sliding to evade his counterattacks.

The Same priest was faster than she had thought - much faster. Two blades found their target, slashing her sleeve and cheek. But it was clear that for all his augmentations and enthusiasm, the priest had no true martial ability, and neither wound was sufficient to incapacitate. She lashed her own blade to the back of his legs and sprang to her feet. In a moment, she stood above him, sword raised over her head.

"Do you yield?"
    The sword held above her head was her great mistake. Rocket thrusters emerge from Caranus' mechanized shoulders, and in the time it takes Ayaka to swing the blade downwards the lunatic has jetted away on the floor. "USELESS! You are no match for my power!" Caranus' thrusters take him up into the sky, a missile launcher emerging from his chest. "Your blood will stand as a testament to TRUE GREATNESS!"

A gust of smoke sputters out of the launcher, sparks flying from the damage Ayaka has done. "WHAT?!" Suddenly one of his thrusters explodes, the other one spiraling him out of the arena uncontrollably. "You fool! You only delay your demise at the hands of the Same!" He quickly falls outside of the arena, and it is well apparent that Ayaka is the victor.

As soon as Caranus is out of view, Archdeacon Provis has also vanished in pursuit.

26. - Top - End - #56

Mechanically Minded - Dawnstar Dominion

Feminine-Glitter-Fruit-Blossom EdgeSkimmer TwinFords, nineteenth Speaker of the Church of the Balanced Edge, and a Once-Proven Saint, was comfortable here. It wasn't the tournament that made her feel at home - though such contests were certainly familiar, EdgeSkimmers more pitted their Creations, not themselves, against each other. No, it was the slow tension in the air, sharp as a spring morning, that put her at ease. She'd made her way to Speaker through such affairs as this, and she wore the role of 'beleaguered diplomat' like a second coat of scales. So her cheeks lift as the Dasari approached with...she remembered reading about them. The Errys? Something like that. The Dasari officer appeared to be the less dominant of the pair, which was certainly unusual.

And then she heard a voice, without seeing any corresponding movement from the Dasari. Immediately, it sounded...wrong, somehow. Her scales itched. It was the Eris, speaking, then - she spoke as though she were subservient to the Dasari, at least, calling them 'Master'. She glanced at her companions - Sorren appeared unimpressed, and Feminine-Glitter-Fruit-Blossom was accustomed enough to tell that she was hiding both impatience and curiosity. A good trait, the latter, but in this case it told the Speaker, to her concern, that the Dasari general had not heard the same thing Glitter-Fruit-Blossom had, at the very least. Grace was, of course, the picture of propriety, meanwhile. As the traditional representative of the God-Speaker, she would be obliged to be the one to respond if she'd heard what Glitter-Fruit-Blossom had. The Eris could speak directly and selectively, then, without letting others hear. And with a cowed Dasari officer...it set her on edge.

Very well. This conference had been too comfortable for her liking anyway.

"Unfortunately the God-Speaker was unable to accompany us here, but if you'd like to arrange transport to Rhosh, I'm sure she would be happy to meet with you. Though it is not my place to say, the Revered Ones would almost certainly be happy for the opportunity as well."

As she'd thought, Grace's head turned very slightly towards her, with one eyebrow raised. The EdgeSkimmer pretended not to notice, but was pleased, on some level, to see her theory proven correct so rapidly. Someone with these abilities wouldn't be meeting her God-Speaker in unfamiliar territory if she had anything to say about it. Sorren, on the other hand, was distracted by the call to the tournaments beginning.

Children Of Stars - Lyraens

">>> Your name is a good name, Gutri-House-Lord, and my gratitude is given for your admiration! <<<"
    Cold-Storm-Rider extended one arm in a similar fashion to the Lyraen, though with their significantly greater height, it was nowhere near enough to shake Tra Gutri's paw. Perhaps, given their size and apparent temperature, this was the better option?

">>> The Rust-Speakers of my Hosts have much illuminated me of your people, Gutri-House-Lord! I have been hopeful to meet one like you throughout our journey to this planet! They have told me - " another pause as more gases are vented, before they continue. The residual heat is almost oppressive, offset only by the robot(?)'s very apparent good cheer. " - that your people are born of the Stars, as are mine! Is this Ool you speak of also born of Stars? Into your birth-star, may I inquire? Never have I tasted the ground of any star but my people's - would a visit to Lyrae be conceived? <<<"

As they speak, their form gradually got closer; the viewports brighter, their posture more looming, until they were practically crouched over Tra Gutri like a child over a new toy. The climate control did not keep it from being sweltering, in such close proximity to their suit.
    Sincerely,
    Role P. Geek

27. - Top - End - #57

Tezh - 'Well, that's unique'
    Taking note from doing general care from the partying around the festivities as the Tezh delegation approaches, Brigid in the fore her body showing obvious injury. "Hello Brigid, my name is Trask, and I would be happy to help you out. Let me just take a look at what is wrong, just stand there for a moment and let me get a full look at what's wrong."
    In comparison to Brigid the just over one meter tall Shu, snaps a pair of goggles down over his eyes and mutters a few words and then a holographic representation of Brigid's internal systems appears next to her, mirroring her moves.
    "Well, Transative Speaker, I must say that you did quite a number on several things here. I see 2 broken ribs with several others fractured, a broken arm, in a way that I must say, you are a very tough female to even be alive after, bruising over, well, let's just say extensive bruising and what I would normally judge to be a concussion, but I'm never truly certain with alien anatomy. The left arm, I will leave to the Tezh as that kind of prosthetic is outside my direct abilities to adjust. Now, just hold still here for a moment, and do try not to itch."
    Trask tabs some of the blood from an exposed cut and puts it into a compartment on his gloved hand then looks to concentrate. Brigid feels her ribs moving slightly and then snap back into place, with an intense itching sensation following. Looking to the image shows the fractures and break to be completely healed. His hand then moving over the right arms make quick pulling motions and put them back to rights with itching to follow. A nearby floating drone then mists a light glowing liquid over the back and side where all of the bruising was present and while not healed, the pain and heat from them die down.
    After completing an assistant hands both Trask and Brigid a cup of a lightly glowing liquid. "To your health, " Trask says raising his cup and starts to drink. Sitting down on a nearby stool he looks up to the looming figure with a smile, "So, tell me a story."
    As they talk all materials with any trace of blood or bio matter are visibly destroyed with any other tools cleansed within the sight of Brigid.
    Last edited by Electriccat; 2019-11-03 at 09:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Wait.. what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Electriccat View Post
    Tezh - 'Well, that's unique'
    Taking note from doing general care from the partying around the festivities as the Tezh delegation approaches, Brigid in the fore her body showing obvious injury. "Hello Brigid, my name is Trask, and I would be happy to help you out. Let me just take a look at what is wrong, just stand there for a moment and let me get a full look at what's wrong."
    In comparison to Brigid the just over one meter tall Shu, snaps a pair of goggles down over his eyes and mutters a few words and then a holographic representation of Brigid's internal systems appears next to her, mirroring her moves.
    "Well, Transative Speaker, I must say that you did quite a number on several things here. I see 2 broken ribs with several others fractured, a broken arm, in a way that I must say, you are a very tough female to even be alive after, bruising over, well, let's just say extensive bruising and what I would normally judge to be a concussion, but I'm never truly certain with alien anatomy. The left arm, I will leave to the Tezh as that kind of prosthetic is outside my direct abilities to adjust. Now, just hold still here for a moment, and do try not to itch."
    Trask tabs some of the blood from an exposed cut and puts it into a compartment on his gloved hand then looks to concentrate. Brigid feels her ribs moving slightly and then snap back into place, with an intense itching sensation following. Looking to the image shows the fractures and break to be completely healed. His hand then moving over the right arms make quick pulling motions and put them back to rights with itching to follow. A nearby floating drone then mists a light glowing liquid over the back and side where all of the bruising was present and while not healed, the pain and heat from them die down.
    After completing an assistant hands both Trask and Brigid a cup of a lightly glowing liquid. "To your health, " Trask says raising his cup and starts to drink. Sitting down on a nearby stool he looks up to the looming figure with a smile, "So, tell me a story."
    As they talk all materials with any trace of blood or bio matter are visibly destroyed with any other tools cleansed within the sight of Brigid.
    Brigid shrugs as she looks down at the comparatively short Shu, the tatters of her environment suit shifting as she makes the unconscious movement and then immediately regrets it as everything hurts "A healer and a sweet talker, you are.." the translator talks over her growling feline voice then stops as the woman chuckles "Yeah.. that dragon gave me what-for, alright - though I've had worse. And don't worry about this thing, it's practically indestructible - far more than I am" raising her still pristine looking Tezh-tech prosthetic left arms slightly to illustrate the point.

Nodding slightly at the instruction to hold still, she draws herself up to a neutral pose, right arms dangling limply - still useless - while her left rest comfortably. As Trask starts to work, her eyes squint and she grits her teeth from the weird sensations as things are put back in place. As bones are knit it's more a bizarre kind of tickling than itching and she can't help but draw a deep breath as her short pelt stands on end and whiskers bristle, gasping like she was just dunked in cold water. Tail and tendrils all writhing slightly at the intensity and uncontrollable adrenaline surge, all four hands clenching and clawing the air at her sides as the effect ends.

Pulse racing, pupils dilated, tail thrashing, she looks down at the Shu and growls impishly as she takes the offered cup "Normally there's dinner and other adventures involved before someone gets under my skin and sets my heart racing like that." knocking the drink back in a gulp and licking her lip to clean a spot before handing the vessel back with her now functional hand "To health."

She looks the Etherite doctor up and down as if considering and then begins unfastening the remains of the environmental suit. The fastener gets stuck about a third the way down her chest and she growls in irritation, getting a grip on the material with all four hands and ripping it open with a violent jerk, shredding the suit to below her waist. Shrugging out of the damaged gear and shucking it down to her feet she steps to the side and kicks it away a short distance, now fully unclothed. Looking down to find herself still grungy and caked with dried blood though thankfully no longer losing any of the precious substance, muttering something in the throaty Stozudal language - something that doesn't get translated.

Right as she shifts her glance back to Trask, an oblong object floats into the room about hip height to Brigid. It is about half a meter on it's longest edge with overall 2:3:5 proportions and the Consensus Diplomatic seal glowing softly on the flat top, with a soft hum of energy systems it moves over to the Stozudal woman and waits.

"Thank you, perfect timing" she says politely to the apparent Tezh service frame and lays a palm to one side of the top surface, which prompts a panel to pop open. Reaching inside she pulls out a garment that she snaps in the air to unfold before bending over to don the replacement clothes - a comfortable looking loose BDU style jumpsuit with no arms.

Looking back to the Shu "A story, huh..? Maybe a meal to go with that drink, as well" Brigid flashes a fanged devilish grin at him "As long as we're all out of whack on the order of things, why not add a shower too.." tail flicking with mischievous amusement.
    Last edited by KriegTiger; 2019-11-04 at 11:58 PM.