New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Anyway, what's everyone else think about these? Other than "we're not seriously going to have a vote on thirty entries, are we?". No. Twenty-nine, tops.
    Of course not. We're clearly going to have a vote on 32 entries.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

In a vaguely similar vein, the ones about Vaarsuvius being genderqueer, and not finding out about Belkar's family, are recurring questions that have required book cites (thus couldn't be Indexed) before now.

Anyway, what's everyone else think about these? Other than "we're not seriously going to have a vote on thirty entries, are we?". No. Twenty-nine, tops.
    All I know is my gut says "maybe."
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As a starting point, would this fall into the category of Q&As we’d transcribe and add? Because if so I could see us doing that and then maybe taking some particularly noteworthy questions and giving them entries, as we’ve done in the past.

Peelee’s Lotsey

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    As a starting point, would this fall into the category of Q&As we’d transcribe and add?
    I don't see what that would really get us, since it's already "transcribed" over there on Patreon for all to see.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I don't see what that would really get us, since it's already "transcribed" over there on Patreon for all to see.
    I guess I was thinking of our work with the tweets, although admittedly a bunch of tweets is a little messier than just a single post on Patreon. If our work has been done for us, we could just link to the post as a "transcribed Q&A" then, and port in the particular quotes we want. I understand that isn't really all that different from not linking anything at all, so I suppose it doesn't really matter either way. If not, then I guess we just see what people feel strongly about including? Certainly, there are some like 6) that feel worth including.

Peelee’s Lotsey

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    The Patreon answers are up! 32 of them, and a lot of them are pretty decent, summary of them (and what I think of them).
    No 1. That one is a no, only important for Patreon profile pics.
    No 2. The fact that the Giant has this whole thing planned, and had the basic beats of the ending since NCFPB’s ending, I’m pretty sure we have close enough info already that I am against this.
    No 3. Whether we’ll learn what’s under the Darkness, we already know this from several things on here.
    Yes 4. Why Roy’s shoes are weird, I’m not really sure whether I support this yet.
    Yes 5. Why mummies repeat stuff they heard, this is an interesting insight into his writing process imo so I support it.
    No 6. The use of genderqueer to apply to V, very interesting, I support it.
    Yes 7. We aren’t gonna meet Belkar’s family, I’m not sure yet.
    No 8. He won’t go back to remaster older comics, see above.
    No 9. On an OOTS animated series, I am against this except as an addendum to the above, doesn’t give any concrete information really.
    No 10. Rich will keep writing after OOTS, apparently a lot of people asked this so I support its inclusion.
    No 11. The OOTS campaign world, I think we already have information on this so I don't support it.
    No 12. He won't write a fantasy writing advice book, doesn't really seem important.
    No 13. Monsters For Every Season release stuff, not really OOTS, so I'd say no inclusion.
    No 14. We probably won't see the Fantasy Setting Search setting again, not really OOTS related.
    No 15. Rich tells people to read more fantasy to find fantasy better than OOTS, not really something important.
    No 16. Things based on table top games, not much too major here.
    Yes 17. Stuff about how the Giant had no clue where this would end when this started, including details about the Elven Pantheon, I think this is good.
    Yes 18. How Thrall Durkon worked, fairly informative, thumbs up.
    No 19. The Giant never always (oops) wanted to revive Durkon, not too important imo.
    Yes 20. The Giant has no clue if the three soul splice souls were from a previous earth, obviously not warranting inclusion.
    No 21. Why Rich did and doesn't map out fight scenes, I support.
    No 22. The Giant doesn't care a tiny bit about xp, also why Hilgya killed Durkon, both of which we sort of knew.
    No 23. Rich doesn't have a current game, more about his personal life than anything else.
    No 24. Rich loved his work on Dungeonscape and especially acid-breathing sharks, see above.
    No 25. Rich doesn't really know whats going on in the D&D world, see the last two.
    No 26. Rich's opinions on writing webcomics and comics and medium, this seems pretty good.
    Yes 27. X, Y or Z isn;t in the comic because the Giant hasn't thought of a reason to include it. Me likey.
    Yes 28. Some details aren't included because they aren't needed and its counterproductive to reveal them outside of the media (and Elan's Mothers name is one of them). I like this one a lot.
    No 29. Tarquin and Elan's Mother relationship doesn't need to be shown, because bad relationships are very common, I don't think this is needed.
    No 30. How the Giant paces comics, very good, informative, probably the best of these comments.
    No 31. The Giant favorite character to write is whoever he is currently spending a lot of time on the most (but his favorite character to write is Zhou Bo). I'm not really sure.
    No 32. How audience reactions surprise him. Not sure yet.
    Added 10 characters, because editing the post doesn't count.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

The whole Patreon post makes for an great read, some questions are more interesting than others but I much appreciate the Giant taking the time to write these answers.

I'm for inclusion by default, except for those entries that are about matters other than the comic (1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 23, 24, 25). We should also exclude what seems redundant with existing Index entries (2 and 3), although that might need to be checked : I'm pretty sure I knew about these things already but it might be from a book commentary rather than the forum, in which case it's good for inclusion.

@Jasdoif: good luck with tracking everyone's opinions, even before we get to voting

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

No 1. That one is a no, only important for Patreon profile pics.
    No, redundant 2. The fact that the Giant has this whole thing planned, and had the basic beats of the ending since NCFPB’s ending, I’m pretty sure we have close enough info already that I am against this.
    No, redundant 3. Whether we’ll learn what’s under the Darkness, we already know this from several things on here.
    No 4. Why Roy’s shoes are weird, I’m not really sure whether I support this yet.
    Yes 5. Why mummies repeat stuff they heard, this is an interesting insight into his writing process imo so I support it.
    Yes 6. The use of genderqueer to apply to V, very interesting, I support it.
    Yes, might as well, it's bound to come up again 7. We aren’t gonna meet Belkar’s family, I’m not sure yet.
    No 8. He won’t go back to remaster older comics, see above.
    No 9. On an OOTS animated series, I am against this except as an addendum to the above, doesn’t give any concrete information really.
    No 10. Rich will keep writing after OOTS, apparently a lot of people asked this so I support its inclusion.
    No 11. The OOTS campaign world, I think we already have information on this so I don't support it.
    No 12. He won't write a fantasy writing advice book, doesn't really seem important.
    No 13. Monsters For Every Season release stuff, not really OOTS, so I'd say no inclusion.
    No 14. We probably won't see the Fantasy Setting Search setting again, not really OOTS related.
    No 15. Rich tells people to read more fantasy to find fantasy better than OOTS, not really something important.
    No 16. Things based on table top games, not much too major here.
    No, redundant17. Stuff about how the Giant had no clue where this would end when this started, including details about the Elven Pantheon, I think this is good.
    Yes 18. How Thrall Durkon worked, fairly informative, thumbs up.
    Yes, might as well, it's bound to come up again 19. The Giant never always (oops) wanted to revive Durkon, not too important imo.
    No 20. The Giant has no clue if the three soul splice souls were from a previous earth, obviously not warranting inclusion.
    No 21. Why Rich did and doesn't map out fight scenes, I support.
    No 22. The Giant doesn't care a tiny bit about xp, also why Hilgya killed Durkon, both of which we sort of knew.
    No 23. Rich doesn't have a current game, more about his personal life than anything else.
    Yes 24. Rich loved his work on Dungeonscape and especially acid-breathing sharks, see above.
    No 25. Rich doesn't really know whats going on in the D&D world, see the last two.
    Yes 26. Rich's opinions on writing webcomics and comics and medium, this seems pretty good.
    No 27. X, Y or Z isn;t in the comic because the Giant hasn't thought of a reason to include it. Me likey.
    Yes 28. Some details aren't included because they aren't needed and its counterproductive to reveal them outside of the media (and Elan's Mothers name is one of them). I like this one a lot.
    No 29. Tarquin and Elan's Mother relationship doesn't need to be shown, because bad relationships are very common, I don't think this is needed.
    Yes 30. How the Giant paces comics, very good, informative, probably the best of these comments.
    Yes 31. The Giant favorite character to write is whoever he is currently spending a lot of time on the most (but his favorite character to write is Zhou Bo). I'm not really sure.
    Yes, this comes up a lot 32. How audience reactions surprise him. Not sure yet.
    GW c
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

9. - Top - End - #99
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

"All" being "everyone who is an OotS patron". Not everyone comes under that category.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    "All" being "everyone who is an OotS patron". Not everyone comes under that category.
    I never had a patreon account (although i consider creating one for OotS), and i can read the Answers post over there.

11. - Top - End - #101

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Werbaer View Post
    I never had a patreon account (although i consider creating one for OotS), and i can read the Answers post over there.
    Likewise...

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

From the news announcement:
    It's 100% optional, you're not going to miss out on any OOTS if you don't participate. I will be fielding questions from patrons over there every month, but even then, the answers will be free for everyone to see.
    ungelic is us

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    @Jasdoif: good luck with tracking everyone's opinions, even before we get to voting
    Admittedly, it was getting kind of boring without keeping track of a bunch of potential entries

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    As has been mentioned, the Q&A responses are free for everyone to see; if they weren't, not being legally accessible for free would preclude them being included, under Rule A3. (I suspect that's part of Patreon's model; they'll host "free sample" types of content so if someone likes it and considers paying for more, they're already on Patreon to pay)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Bugbear in the Playground

Admittedly, it was getting kind of boring without keeping track of a bunch of potential entries
    This edition of the thread isn’t going to last three years, that’s for sure.
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

15. - Top - End - #105

I will preface this with the fact that I am generally almost always for inclusion.
    The Patreon answers are up! 32 of them, and a lot of them are pretty decent, summary of them (and what I think of them).
    No1. That one is a no, only important for Patreon profile pics.
    Yes, but the redundance makes it less important2. The fact that the Giant has this whole thing planned, and had the basic beats of the ending since NCFPB’s ending, I’m pretty sure we have close enough info already that I am against this.
    ibid3. Whether we’ll learn what’s under the Darkness, we already know this from several things on here.
    Yes4. Why Roy’s shoes are weird, I’m not really sure whether I support this yet.
    Yes5. Why mummies repeat stuff they heard, this is an interesting insight into his writing process imo so I support it.
    Yes6. The use of genderqueer to apply to V, very interesting, I support it.
    Yes7. We aren’t gonna meet Belkar’s family, I’m not sure yet.
    Yes8. He won’t go back to remaster older comics, see above.
    Yes9. On an OOTS animated series, I am against this except as an addendum to the above, doesn’t give any concrete information really.
    Yes10. Rich will keep writing after OOTS, apparently a lot of people asked this so I support its inclusion.
    Yes, but the lack of relevance to the comic makes it less important11. The OOTS campaign world, I think we already have information on this so I don't support it.
    ibid12. He won't write a fantasy writing advice book, doesn't really seem important.
    ibid13. Monsters For Every Season release stuff, not really OOTS, so I'd say no inclusion.
    ibid14. We probably won't see the Fantasy Setting Search setting again, not really OOTS related.
    ibid15. Rich tells people to read more fantasy to find fantasy better than OOTS, not really something important.
    ibid16. Things based on table top games, not much too major here.
    Yes17. Stuff about how the Giant had no clue where this would end when this started, including details about the Elven Pantheon, I think this is good.
    Yes18. How Thrall Durkon worked, fairly informative, thumbs up.
    Yes19. The Giant never always (oops) wanted to revive Durkon, not too important imo.
    Yes20. The Giant has no clue if the three soul splice souls were from a previous earth, obviously not warranting inclusion.
    Yes21. Why Rich did and doesn't map out fight scenes, I support.
    Yes22. The Giant doesn't care a tiny bit about xp, also why Hilgya killed Durkon, both of which we sort of knew.
    sames as 11-1623. Rich doesn't have a current game, more about his personal life than anything else.
    ibid24. Rich loved his work on Dungeonscape and especially acid-breathing sharks, see above.
    ibid25. Rich doesn't really know whats going on in the D&D world, see the last two.
    Yes26. Rich's opinions on writing webcomics and comics and medium, this seems pretty good.
    Yes27. X, Y or Z isn;t in the comic because the Giant hasn't thought of a reason to include it. Me likey.
    Yes28. Some details aren't included because they aren't needed and its counterproductive to reveal them outside of the media (and Elan's Mothers name is one of them). I like this one a lot.
    Yes29. Tarquin and Elan's Mother relationship doesn't need to be shown, because bad relationships are very common, I don't think this is needed.
    Yes30. How the Giant paces comics, very good, informative, probably the best of these comments.
    Yes31. The Giant favorite character to write is whoever he is currently spending a lot of time on the most (but his favorite character to write is Zhou Bo). I'm not really sure.
    Yes32. How audience reactions surprise him. Not sure yet.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Lets not bother arguing about which ones to include, or not include. Just make a new section, following the Geekadamia interview and the Twitter Q&A, and post the whole lot. Or just include a link to the page.

It's what post#6 has been waiting for.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Thumbs up Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    Lets not bother arguing about which ones to include, or not include. Just make a new section, following the Geekadamia interview and the Twitter Q&A, and post the whole lot. Or just include a link to the page.

It's what post#6 has been waiting for.
    I second this suggestion (maybe post "February Answers," "March Answers," etc.). There are after all quite a few things in the Geekademia interview that wouldn't qualify for this thread on their own, and 10 posts at the beginning of this month will lead to a bit too much unwieldy argument for even this thread.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, count me in with Ron Miel as well. Just link the thing.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2020-03-04 at 05:48 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Lets not bother arguing about which ones to include, or not include. Just make a new section, following the Geekadamia interview and the Twitter Q&A, and post the whole lot.
    You are perfectly welcome to start a thread for such a purpose. Put the Geekadamia transcript and the Twitter Q&A compilation there too, if you like.

But the purpose of the Index of the Giant's Comments having categories is so the Giant's comments can be categorized; because e.g. that the Giant no longer maps out combats to the degree of detail he did the Miko-v-Order fight would be more easily found under "D&D Rules and Explanations, Combat Scenes" than it would under "Questions the Giant Answered While 1193 was the Current Comic", or "Answers to the Februrary 2020 Patreon Questions". So individual entries will be considered, either way.

EDIT TO ADD: In any event, current sense of direction seems to be....

# In
    Favor
    Against Tentative
    Disposition
    1 "May I use Elan for my Patreon avatar?"
    (Yes.)
    0 5 Exclude
    2 "Do you know how is it gonna end? If yes, since when?"
    (Yes, since the Scribble drawings.)
    2 3 Vote-able
    3 "...will we actually get an answer to what the thing in the darkness is?"
    (Yes.)
    1 3 Exclude
    4 "Why is Roy the only one who seems to have perspective-scaled footwear?"
    (He doesn't, it's just disproportionate.)
    3 1 Include
    5 "What inspired the idea of mummies repeating the words said around them?"
    (A desire to shock Vaarsuvius without in-world intent.)
    5 0 Include
    6 "Is there any chance V being genderqueer will be mentioned on-panel?"
    (Not really.)
    3 1 Include
    7 "We've seen a lot about most characters' families. Are there plans to learn more about Belkar's?"
    (No.)
    4 0 Include
    8 "When you finish OOTS, will you go back and remaster the earlier comics?"
    (No.)
    2 2 Vote-able
    9 "Have you ever considered an animated series?"
    (“Considered” yes, “pursuing” no.)
    2 3 Vote-able
    10 "...do you have any ideas for future projects once OOTS wraps up? Some other writing ventures, perhaps?"
    (Yes, but haven't decided specifics yet.)
    2 3 Vote-able
    11 "Have you considered making a OotS campaign world supplement for D&D (or other games)?"
    (Yes, even started on it; but decided against it later.)
    1 4 Exclude
    12 "Have you ever considered (after OOTS is done) putting together some parts of your book commentaries and some new material for a book on writing fantasy sagas?"
    (No.)
    0 4 Exclude
    13 "What can you share about future plans and upcoming sets of your "Monster for Every Season" minis?"
    (Starting on “Summer 2” now.)
    0 4 Exclude
    14 "Will the setting that you submitted to WOTC for the Fantasy Setting Search ever come to light?"
    (Probably not.)
    0 4 Exclude
    15 "Why is your silly stick figure parody one of my favorite fantasy stories of all time?"
    ((insert Giant Self-Deprecation(TM) here))
    0 4 Exclude
    16 "Is OOTS based on a real table top game?"
    (No.)
    1 3 Exclude
    17 "When you first started writing OOTS, did you think you were signing up for a 17+ year journey? How much of the plot did you have in mind when you wrote the first strip?"
    (No, and none. (The Elven pantheon being an example of post-planning))
    5 1 Include
    18 "What exactly was going on in Vampire Durkon's mind when he was a thrall?"
    (An impression of Malack's expectations.)
    6 0 Include
    19 "Did you ever consider not restoring Durkon, so he would have remained as an undead for the rest of the story?"
    (Never.)
    3 2 Vote-able
    20 "Are the three souls that were spliced to V when V fought the dragon from previous versions of the world?"
    (Maybe?)
    3 2 Vote-able
    21 "Do you still map out combat scenes like Miko's rumble in the rain?"
    (No.)
    3 2 Vote-able
    22 "Do you handle XP according to DnD rules, or is it more about moving at the speed of plot? When you had Hilgya kill Durkon an extra time, was there an element of purposefully lowering his level? Or, his level set to whatever level it needs to be for him to have access to whatever spells & consistency the plot needs?"
    (No. Hilgya killed Durkon because it was funny and true to her character.)
    2 3 Vote-able
    23 "Do you have a home game currently?"
    (No.)
    0 4 Exclude
    24 "You've done some writing for the actual canonical D&D books. Do you have a favorite piece of content that you contributed to the game rules?"
    (Chapters in Dungeonscape, and a table in Explorer's Handbook.)
    1 3 Exclude
    25 "Since you started and even prior D&D has changed a bunch (both rules and culturally as well). What is your opinion about the game and the direction it's taking?"
    (Bad person to ask.)
    0 4 Exclude
    26 "Do you consume a lot / enough (for a fitting definition of that word) of webcomics of other authors and would you say it's imperative for "good" webcomic writing?"
    (“Webcomics” aren't a thing.)
    4 1 Include
    27 "Do serious "grim-dark" style bards exist as well in the oots universe?"
    (Nothing both grim-dark and serious exists in OOTS-World.)
    4 1 Include
    28 "What is Elan's mother's name?"
    (Deliberately undefined.)
    5 0 Include
    29 "Will it ever be revealed how Tarquin and Elan's mother managed to get married and have children together? I'm re-reading BitF and a line from Utterly Dwarfed stuck out to me too, about how it was an unresolved plot point. "
    (Potentially; but it isn't an unresolved plot point at all.)
    2 3 Vote-able
    30 "How do you manage pacing and timing of the story (and the humour) in such small pieces over so long a time?"
    (A panel structure, and a reason to exist, for each strip.)
    4 1 Include
    31 "Who is your favorite character to write? Whose arc has (thus-far) been the most satisfying to write?"
    (Favorite, whoever's been written. Most fun with Zhou Bo.)
    3 1 Include
    32 "Was there something in your work that you paid special attention to/worked hard, thought it was really cool or awesome, but the reception was totally different than what you thought it would be - maybe the audience ignored or hated it."
    (Most everything has at least one outlandish reaction.)
    3 1 Include
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2020-03-04 at 07:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

You are perfectly welcome to start a thread for such a purpose. Put the Geekadamia transcript and the Twitter Q&A compilation there too, if you like.

But the purpose of the Index of the Giant's Comments having categories is so the Giant's comments can be categorized;
    So, you'll be deleting the entire text of the Geekadamia interview, and putting various comments in the specific categories?
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

So, you'll be deleting the entire text of the Geekadamia interview, and putting various comments in the specific categories?
    Everyone is free to suggest entries sourced from the interview transcript, as they have been for the past several years, and as has been done with individual questions from the Twitter Q&A compilation. The only reason I keep dragging the transcript around in the Index thread is because it was here when I took over for ThePhantasm, no one else has been willing to create a thread to host it since then, and unceremoniously dropping it from the forum's active threads seems rude at best.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think it's comparable, even if it had been Jasdoif's doing. The Geekadamia Interview was a one-off thing, while the Patreon Q&A is going to be a monthly event. Logistically, it poses a completely different challenge.
    ungelic is us

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

I am a "Yes, Include" for the following questions:

2-11, 17-22, 24, and 26-32

That would mean, I am a "No, exclude" for:

1, 12-16, 23, and 25

In addition to the specific questions, however, I am also in favor of maintaining links to the Patreon Q&A posts, either in the same post as the "Twitter Q&A" or in the next. I'm not at all suggesting a full transcript is warranted here; just the date and link. If you wanted to do a bit more typing /copy/pasting, you could also include the questions themselves. But I don't at all find that necessary.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zherog View Post
    I am a "Yes, Include" for the following questions:

2-11, 17-22, 24, and 26-32

That would mean, I am a "No, exclude" for:

1, 12-16, 23, and 25
    For the record (and in case anyone finds coming up with 32 opinions daunting), providing a full and/or numbered list isn't required. It's perfectly fine to only have an opinion on some of the responses, like Personification did; and to describe responses by content instead of by number, like hroþila did.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Been thinking here that a great question to ask Rich would be something in the lines of "Do the 9 sides the demon roaches refer to have already been all presented in the strips?", and, if he answered with a simple "Yes", that would make the Forum go full bananas (pun intended ).
    Last edited by D.One; 2020-03-05 at 03:09 PM.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Include: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32.

Yes I know we're not voting yet. I just started with an include and an exclude list and realized it was redundant.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-03-05 at 06:22 PM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

27. - Top - End - #117

For the record (and in case anyone finds coming up with 32 opinions daunting), providing a full and/or numbered list isn't required. It's perfectly fine to only have an opinion on some of the responses, like Personification did; and to describe responses by content instead of by number, like hroþila did.
    Actually, by ibid, which I know I used wrong, I meant "see above." I had an opinion on all of them.
    I like opinions.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

No to all of them, except the explanation about Vaarsuvius's genderqueerness.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Actually, by ibid, which I know I used wrong, I meant "see above."
    The Latin word you need is "idem", then.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

30. - Top - End - #120

SolithKnightGuy

Personally I think the soul splice answer is important - it has been discussed repeatedly with regards to the age of this creation and with regards to survivors from previous creations. Especially with regards to the fiends knowledge of previous creations.
    'Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! “The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered, crying:'Auta i lómë!" The night is passing!"