New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by mjasghar View Post
    Personally I think the soul splice answer is important - it has been discussed repeatedly with regards to the age of this creation and with regards to survivors from previous creations. Especially with regards to the fiends knowledge of previous creations.
    That would be true, if Rich said anything, it’s possible these souls were from previous worlds, but Rich isn’t getting boxed in by it, because it might be important that they aren’t.
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    That would be true, if Rich said anything, it’s possible these souls were from previous worlds, but Rich isn’t getting boxed in by it, because it might be important that they aren’t.
    In my opinion, the ambiguity itself is helpful. It helps to know that The Giant wasn’t deliberately intending for it to be established either way.

If I can answer “Yes” to both of the following questions:

1) Can I expect this to come up in discussion?
    2) Would I cite this post if it came up?

then I typically vote to include.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, let's see how well this new way of tracking/displaying opinions works...Admittedly I was more thinking tracking actual votes with it; but at 32 questions and the possibility (however slight) of this volume being a monthly exercise, I figure I should work out bugs in advance....

In case anyone's missed it: The Giant's Patreon supporters can post questions over there, and the Giant will answer some of them monthly for everyone to see; we're currently going through the February 2020 questions.

Spoiler: Understandably it's rather big....
    Show

# Question In Favor Against Disposition Voters
    1 "May I use Elan for my Patreon avatar?"
    (Yes.)
    0 8 Exclude In Favor:

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure
    2 "Do you know how is it gonna end? If yes, since when?"
    (Yes, since the Scribble drawings.)
    4 4 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    3 "...will we actually get an answer to what the thing in the darkness is?"
    (Yes.)

4 "Why is Roy the only one who seems to have perspective-scaled footwear?"
    (He doesn't, it's just disproportionate.)
    5 2 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    5 "What inspired the idea of mummies repeating the words said around them?"
    (A desire to shock Vaarsuvius without in-world intent.)
    7 1 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Precure
    6 "Is there any chance V being genderqueer will be mentioned on-panel?"
    (Not really.)
    6 1 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure

Against: Doug Lampert
    7 "We've seen a lot about most characters' families. Are there plans to learn more about Belkar's?"
    (No.)
    6 1 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

8 "When you finish OOTS, will you go back and remaster the earlier comics?"
    (No.)
    3 4 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog

Against: Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure
    9 "Have you ever considered an animated series?"
    (“Considered” yes, “pursuing” no.)

10 "...do you have any ideas for future projects once OOTS wraps up? Some other writing ventures, perhaps?"
    (Yes, but haven't decided specifics yet.)
    3 5 Vote-able In Favor: Schroeswald, Personification, Zherog

Against: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure
    11 "Have you considered making a OotS campaign world supplement for D&D (or other games)?"
    (Yes, even started on it; but decided against it later.)
    2 6 Exclude In Favor: Personification, Zherog

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure
    12 "Have you ever considered (after OOTS is done) putting together some parts of your book commentaries and some new material for a book on writing fantasy sagas?"
    (No.)
    1 7 Exclude In Favor: Personification

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure
    13 "What can you share about future plans and upcoming sets of your "Monster for Every Season" minis?"
    (Starting on “Summer 2” now.)

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure
    14 "Will the setting that you submitted to WOTC for the Fantasy Setting Search ever come to light?"
    (Probably not.)

15 "Why is your silly stick figure parody one of my favorite fantasy stories of all time?"
    ((insert Giant Self-Deprecation(TM) here))

16 "Is OOTS based on a real table top game?"
    (No.)
    3 5 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Fyraltari

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Precure
    17 "When you first started writing OOTS, did you think you were signing up for a 17+ year journey? How much of the plot did you have in mind when you wrote the first strip?"
    (No, and none. (The Elven pantheon being an example of post-planning))
    7 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, hroţila, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

18 "What exactly was going on in Vampire Durkon's mind when he was a thrall?"
    (An impression of Malack's expectations.)
    8 1 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, hroţila, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

19 "Did you ever consider not restoring Durkon, so he would have remained as an undead for the rest of the story?"
    (Never.)
    5 3 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Precure
    20 "Are the three souls that were spliced to V when V fought the dragon from previous versions of the world?"
    (Maybe?)
    7 3 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, mjasghar, Emanick

Against: Schroeswald, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    21 "Do you still map out combat scenes like Miko's rumble in the rain?"
    (No.)
    5 3 Vote-able In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    22 "Do you handle XP according to DnD rules, or is it more about moving at the speed of plot? When you had Hilgya kill Durkon an extra time, was there an element of purposefully lowering his level? Or, his level set to whatever level it needs to be for him to have access to whatever spells & consistency the plot needs?"
    (No. Hilgya killed Durkon because it was funny and true to her character.)

23 "Do you have a home game currently?"
    (No.)

24 "You've done some writing for the actual canonical D&D books. Do you have a favorite piece of content that you contributed to the game rules?"
    (Chapters in Dungeonscape, and a table in Explorer's Handbook.)
    3 5 Vote-able In Favor: Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Fyraltari, Precure
    25 "Since you started and even prior D&D has changed a bunch (both rules and culturally as well). What is your opinion about the game and the direction it's taking?"
    (Bad person to ask.)

26 "Do you consume a lot / enough (for a fitting definition of that word) of webcomics of other authors and would you say it's imperative for "good" webcomic writing?"
    (“Webcomics” aren't a thing.)
    6 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Doug Lampert, Precure
    27 "Do serious "grim-dark" style bards exist as well in the oots universe?"
    (Nothing both grim-dark and serious exists in OOTS-World.)
    6 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

28 "What is Elan's mother's name?"
    (Deliberately undefined.)
    7 1 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

29 "Will it ever be revealed how Tarquin and Elan's mother managed to get married and have children together? I'm re-reading BitF and a line from Utterly Dwarfed stuck out to me too, about how it was an unresolved plot point. "
    (Potentially; but it isn't an unresolved plot point at all.)

30 "How do you manage pacing and timing of the story (and the humour) in such small pieces over so long a time?"
    (A panel structure, and a reason to exist, for each strip.)
    6 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

31 "Who is your favorite character to write? Whose arc has (thus-far) been the most satisfying to write?"
    (Favorite, whoever's been written. Most fun with Zhou Bo.)
    5 2 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

32 "Was there something in your work that you paid special attention to/worked hard, thought it was really cool or awesome, but the reception was totally different than what you thought it would be - maybe the audience ignored or hated it."
    (Most everything has at least one outlandish reaction.)
    5 2 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Voter 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
    Schroeswald
    hroţila
    Doug Lampert
    Gwynfrid
    Grey_Wolf_c
    Personification
    Zherog
    Fyraltari
    Precure
    mjasghar
    Emanick
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

I don’t get the smileys. What do they represent and why are they different sizes?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

I don’t get the smileys. What do they represent and why are they different sizes?
    They represent the individual yes( )/no( ) per person per question and...apparently the forum is shrinking some of them in a failed attempt to get all of them to fit on the screen, because I'm certainly not resizing them and they're all normal/correct size on the preview and on the "topic review" here on the posting screen....

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would say the table cell width is determined by the text content and the smileys are forced into that size. the small ones are all with the single digit numbered questions.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Peculiar. They're all the same standard small size to my visuals.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pearl jam View Post
    I would say the table cell width is determined by the text content and the smileys are forced into that size. the small ones are all with the single digit numbered questions.
    Looks like it's both....There's a CSS rule limiting image widths to the containing space, but that'll only come up if there's not enough room to size all the columns to fit all their content on one page width; and if that happens the browser'll try to squeeze it as much as possible...and since the images can be shrunk (because of the CSS rule) the text content is the defining factor. (Like, if I change the zoom setting on my browser enough to fit the table on one screen, it's all fine)

Guess I need to decide on some alternate symbols and/or if I should worry about it unless/until the next Q&A set has this problem.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I guess, in the interest of potentially moving some entries into or out of voting range, I’ll say that I’m against including 2, 3, 9, 10, 19, 24, and 29. and in favor of 8, 16

Peelee’s Lotsey

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Guess I need to decide on some alternate symbols and/or if I should worry about it unless/until the next Q&A set has this problem.
    Or put 01, 02,... in the first nine column headers?

Edit: my votes are include for 4-10, 17-22, 26-32 and exclude for the others.
    Last edited by Joerg; 2020-03-07 at 09:52 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post
    Or put 01, 02,... in the first nine column headers?
    I guess it'd be an improvement over what's happening to the smilies....

Spoiler: Let's See!
    Show

(Yes.)
    0 9 Exclude In Favor:

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg
    4 6 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg
    (Yes.)
    4 6 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg
    6 2 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

8 1 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

(Not really.)
    7 1 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg

7 "We've seen a lot about most characters' families. Are there plans to learn more about Belkar's?"
    (No.)
    7 1 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

(No.)
    5 4 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg

Against: Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure
    5 5 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor
    10 "...do you have any ideas for future projects once OOTS wraps up? Some other writing ventures, perhaps?"
    4 6 Vote-able In Favor: Schroeswald, Personification, Zherog, Joerg

Against: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor
    11 "Have you considered making a OotS campaign world supplement for D&D (or other games)?"
    2 7 Exclude In Favor: Personification, Zherog

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg
    12 "Have you ever considered (after OOTS is done) putting together some parts of your book commentaries and some new material for a book on writing fantasy sagas?"
    (No.)
    1 8 Exclude In Favor: Personification

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg
    13 "What can you share about future plans and upcoming sets of your "Monster for Every Season" minis?"

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg
    14 "Will the setting that you submitted to WOTC for the Fantasy Setting Search ever come to light?"
    (Probably not.)

15 "Why is your silly stick figure parody one of my favorite fantasy stories of all time?"

(No.)
    4 6 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Fyraltari, Jaxzan Proditor

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Precure, Joerg
    17 "When you first started writing OOTS, did you think you were signing up for a 17+ year journey? How much of the plot did you have in mind when you wrote the first strip?"
    8 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, hroţila, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

9 1 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, hroţila, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

19 "Did you ever consider not restoring Durkon, so he would have remained as an undead for the rest of the story?"
    (Never.)
    6 4 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor
    20 "Are the three souls that were spliced to V when V fought the dragon from previous versions of the world?"
    (Maybe?)
    8 3 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, mjasghar, Emanick, Joerg

Against: Schroeswald, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    (No.)
    6 3 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

22 "Do you handle XP according to DnD rules, or is it more about moving at the speed of plot? When you had Hilgya kill Durkon an extra time, was there an element of purposefully lowering his level? Or, his level set to whatever level it needs to be for him to have access to whatever spells & consistency the plot needs?"
    5 4 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

(No.)

24 "You've done some writing for the actual canonical D&D books. Do you have a favorite piece of content that you contributed to the game rules?"
    3 7 Exclude In Favor: Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Fyraltari, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg
    25 "Since you started and even prior D&D has changed a bunch (both rules and culturally as well). What is your opinion about the game and the direction it's taking?"
    (Bad person to ask.)

26 "Do you consume a lot / enough (for a fitting definition of that word) of webcomics of other authors and would you say it's imperative for "good" webcomic writing?"
    7 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

7 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

8 1 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

29 "Will it ever be revealed how Tarquin and Elan's mother managed to get married and have children together? I'm re-reading BitF and a line from Utterly Dwarfed stuck out to me too, about how it was an unresolved plot point. "
    5 5 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor
    30 "How do you manage pacing and timing of the story (and the humour) in such small pieces over so long a time?"
    7 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

31 "Who is your favorite character to write? Whose arc has (thus-far) been the most satisfying to write?"
    6 2 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

32 "Was there something in your work that you paid special attention to/worked hard, thought it was really cool or awesome, but the reception was totally different than what you thought it would be - maybe the audience ignored or hated it."
    6 2 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

Individual Votes
    Voter 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
    Schroeswald
    hroţila
    Doug Lampert
    Gwynfrid
    Grey_Wolf_c
    Personification
    Zherog
    Fyraltari
    Precure
    mjasghar
    Emanick
    Jaxzan Proditor
    Joerg

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

I guess it'd be an improvement over what's happening to the smilies....
    If I may offer my own suggestion, could you put each table in its own spoiler? That's a lot of scrolling through the question list to get to the votes.

Thanks,

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    If I may offer my own suggestion, could you put each table in its own spoiler? That's a lot of scrolling through the question list to get to the votes.
    'kay!

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    # Question Yes Votes No Votes Disposition Voters
    (Yes.)
    0 9 Exclude Yes Votes:

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg
    4 6 Vote-able Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg
    (Yes.)
    4 6 Vote-able Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg
    6 2 Include Yes Votes: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

No Votes: Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    8 1 Include Yes Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

No Votes: Precure
    (Not really.)
    7 1 Include Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg

No Votes: Doug Lampert
    (No.)
    7 1 Include Yes Votes: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

(No.)
    5 4 Vote-able Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg

No Votes: Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure
    5 5 Vote-able Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor
    4 6 Vote-able Yes Votes: Schroeswald, Personification, Zherog, Joerg

No Votes: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor
    2 7 Exclude Yes Votes: Personification, Zherog

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg
    (No.)
    1 8 Exclude Yes Votes: Personification

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg
    (Probably not.)

(No.)
    4 6 Vote-able Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Personification, Fyraltari, Jaxzan Proditor

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Precure, Joerg
    8 2 Include Yes Votes: Schroeswald, hroţila, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

9 1 Include Yes Votes: Schroeswald, hroţila, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

(Never.)
    6 4 Vote-able Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor
    (Maybe?)
    8 3 Include Yes Votes: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, mjasghar, Emanick, Joerg

No Votes: Schroeswald, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    (No.)
    6 3 Include Yes Votes: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

No Votes: Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    5 4 Vote-able Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure
    (No.)

3 7 Exclude Yes Votes: Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Fyraltari, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg
    (Bad person to ask.)

7 2 Include Yes Votes: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

No Votes: Doug Lampert, Precure
    7 2 Include Yes Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

8 1 Include Yes Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

5 5 Vote-able Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

No Votes: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor
    7 2 Include Yes Votes: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

6 2 Include Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

6 2 Include Yes Votes: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

Spoiler: Individual Votes
    Show
    Voter 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
    Schroeswald
    hroţila
    Doug Lampert
    Gwynfrid
    Grey_Wolf_c
    Personification
    Zherog
    Fyraltari
    Precure
    mjasghar
    Emanick
    Jaxzan Proditor
    Joerg

Anyway...here's my analysis of the ones that currently look unlikely to be excluded, mostly geared towards where we have similar entries already....

• #2 (Know About the Ending) seems like it'd go side-by-side with the "The Story is Still (Sort Of) Evolving" tweet.
    • #3 (Find Out What MitD is) is about analogous to the "The MitD ( ) Reveal is a Crucial Part of the Story" entry.
    • #4 (Roy's Incongruous Boots) is an art decision I don't recall hearing before (unless Roy hinting at it counts).
    • #5 (Mummy Mimic Inspiration), I believe is new.
    • #6 ('Vaarsuvius is Genderqueer' Acknowledged On-Panel) was from book commentary, which isn't eligible to be Indexed.
    • #7 (Belkar's Family?) was also from book commentary, which still isn't eligible to be Indexed.
    • #8 (Remastering) sort of ties into "The Giant on Doing Things Differently" where the Giant says he isn't a "'go back and change it' kind of guy"; but I think it's different enough to be distinct.
    • #9 (Animated Series) is new. I thought the Giant had commented on it before, but it turns out the subject was OOTS video games.
    • #10 (Projects in the Future) is on the line of Rule B's "other fiction works by Rich Burlew".
    • #16 (A Game Behind the Comic Curtain?) seems new.
    • #17 (How Much Planned at the Beginning) talks about stuff that was in the Dungeon Crawlin' Fools commentary (that is still not Indexable); and the example given of the odd treatment of the Elven pantheon is probably possibly noteworthy on its own.
    • #18 (High Priest of Hel as High Thrall of Malack) provides what's next to be added to Jaxzan Proditor's signature details on how vampire thralldom functions, while the other information we have on vampire is more about vampirism in general.
    • #19 (De-Durkonization?) seems like an odd question to ask, but the implication that Durkon might not be returning to the story did seem to come up in the comic discussion threads periodically....
    • #20 (Transworld Soul Splices?) ties into the "V's Splices" entry.
    • #21 (Combat Scenes by the “Rules”?) seems like it'd fit cleanly in the "Combat Scenes" section.
    • #22 (What's their D&D Experience?) seems relevant, as the biggest(?) deliberate example of how the comic "breaks" from D&D rules.
    • #24 (Favorite D&D Authorship) might fit with the "Acid-Born Shark" entry, as it came from one of the books the Giant mentioned.
    • #26 (All About Webcomicry) looks like an extension for "On Webcomics and Print as Mediums".
    • #27 (Grimdark Darkmans?) is a great excuse for a Dungeonmans reference a fit for the "The Story as a D&D Spoof" section....But I suspect the "you haven't seen this in the comic because I haven't thought of a good reason for it to be there" is a better reason.
    • #28 (Elan's Mother's Name) seems like an extension of with "On Open-Ended Characterization" and not deciding things; especially since it ties almost directly into the supporting link of not knowing Elan's parents' last names.
    • #29 (Tarquio and Someoneet?) looks more important for the tangent on plot points than for the question itself.
    • #30 (Masters Mastering Pacing) would fit well in the "Writing Process" category.
    • #31 (The Giant Favorite) seems rather weak to me; but that's how I usually feel about the whole "Reflections from the Author" section, so....
    • #32 (Author-Audience Disconnect) is a natural fit for the "Forum and Reader Reactions" section. (Anyone else remember Guy with a Halberd?)

14. - Top - End - #134

BardGuy

Your color-coding makes it simple for me.
    Green: Yes
    Red: No
    Yellow: No, except 29: Yes.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

I'm surprised that 20 got so many votes, considering it's just a no-answer.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Of the answers in the 2020-03-01 answer post on Patreon,
    I vote that we exclude questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32;
    I abstain voting on questions 5, 9, 11, 14, 16, 21, 26; and
    I vote that we include 6, 8, 18.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Official reminder that we're not actually voting (yet)...although I suppose this is what I get for keeping the "Yes Votes"/"No Votes" wording in the last time. (Note to self, put in a parameter for automatically renaming it).

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    (Yes.)
    0 11 Exclude In Favor:

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg, Throknor, b_jonas
    4 8 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg, Throknor, b_jonas
    (Yes.)
    4 8 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg, Throknor, b_jonas
    7 3 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

Against: Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, b_jonas
    9 1 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

(Not really.)
    9 1 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg, Throknor, b_jonas

(No.)
    8 2 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

Against: Precure, b_jonas
    (No.)
    6 5 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg, b_jonas

Against: Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure, Throknor
    5 6 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Throknor
    4 8 Vote-able In Favor: Schroeswald, Personification, Zherog, Joerg

Against: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Throknor, b_jonas
    2 8 Exclude In Favor: Personification, Zherog

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg, Throknor
    (No.)
    1 10 Exclude In Favor: Personification

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg, Throknor, b_jonas

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg, Throknor, b_jonas
    (Probably not.)
    1 9 Exclude In Favor: Personification

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Fyraltari, Precure, Joerg, Throknor

(No.)
    4 7 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Fyraltari, Jaxzan Proditor

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Zherog, Precure, Joerg, Throknor
    9 3 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, hroţila, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

11 1 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, hroţila, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor, b_jonas

(Never.)
    6 6 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Throknor, b_jonas
    (Maybe?)
    9 4 Include In Favor: Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, mjasghar, Emanick, Joerg, Throknor

Against: Schroeswald, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, b_jonas
    (No.)
    7 3 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

5 6 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Throknor, b_jonas
    (No.)

3 9 Exclude In Favor: Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Fyraltari, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, Joerg, Throknor, b_jonas
    (Bad person to ask.)

8 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

8 3 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

9 2 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

Against: Precure, b_jonas
    6 6 Vote-able In Favor: Gwynfrid, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

Against: Schroeswald, Doug Lampert, Grey_Wolf_c, Precure, Jaxzan Proditor, b_jonas
    8 3 Include In Favor: Schroeswald, Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

Against: Doug Lampert, Precure, b_jonas
    7 3 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

7 3 Include In Favor: Gwynfrid, Grey_Wolf_c, Personification, Zherog, Fyraltari, Joerg, Throknor

Spoiler: Individual Assessments
    Show
    Schroeswald
    hroţila
    Doug Lampert
    Gwynfrid
    Grey_Wolf_c
    Personification
    Zherog
    Fyraltari
    Precure
    mjasghar
    Emanick
    Jaxzan Proditor
    Joerg
    Throknor
    b_jonas

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

...and I really hope we're not going to have another batch of 32 next month, because I couldn't fit this into the last post due to post size limits....

Anyway.

While I'll still be tracking opinions on the including the responses, I guess it's (past) time to start putting potential entries together....Well, as long as Peelee is proposing a "pinebanana" in the current discussion thread, suppose I can mark entry mutations changes that way.
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2020-03-13 at 04:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

That looks good, just one thing though. Is ‘to mime’ the right word for what the mummies are doing? Mimes are silent. ‘To parrot’ would be more appropriate, yes?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

That looks good, just one thing though. Is ‘to mime’ the right word for what the mummies are doing? Mimes are silent. ‘To parrot’ would be more appropriate, yes?
    I can't see "mime" anywhere but I do see "mimic." Assuming I'm not missing anything, this may be a language issue, where "mimic" is different from "mime." Let me know if I'm wrong.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I can't see "mime" anywhere but I do see "mimic." Assuming I'm not missing anything, this may be a language issue, where "mimic" is different from "mime." Let me know if I'm wrong.
    It’s just there:
    🍌The Reason for the Draketooth Mummies' Miming
    "I needed a way to get it to say, 'Your fault,' without there being any meaning or intent on the mummy's part."
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-03-13 at 05:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

It’s just there:
    Dang, I completely missed that even with the search function highlighting it. My bad!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Mime can be a synonym for mimic, so it works. "Parrot" could work (The Giant used "parroting" in the Patreon post, after all), but it does have a connotation of intentional repetition that I feel runs against the lack of intent on the mummy's part and could be misleading.

I'm not opposed to going with "mimicry" instead, if you feel that's clearer.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Could “echoing” work? Or is that a bit too unintentional?

Peelee’s Lotsey

25. - Top - End - #145
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mime can be a synonym for mimic, so it works. "Parrot" could work (The Giant used "parroting" in the Patreon post, after all), but it does have a connotation of intentional repetition that I feel runs against the lack of intent on the mummy's part and could be misleading.

I'm not opposed to going with "mimicry" instead, if you feel that's clearer.
    For what it's worth, as a non-native English speaker I prefer "mimicry", a word I had read in a book before, to "miming", which after checking is indeed a word, but just feels strange.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    For what it's worth, as a non-native English speaker I prefer "mimicry", a word I had read in a book before, to "miming", which after checking is indeed a word, but just feels strange.
    Heck, I'm a native English speaker, and I prefer "mimicry" as well.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ella ventic View Post
    Heck, I'm a native English speaker, and I prefer "mimicry" as well.
    Alright then. That would make it....

Draft Tentative Entries for Index 6.3
    🍍🍌The Story is Still (Sort Of) Evolving
    "I'm trying to wrap up more than I add, but if there weren't room to add I would get bored before the end." See also here ("...the big questions of what's going to happen? ...locked that in around the time of the first crayon drawing scene in Paladin Blues.").
    #945 2014/02/17
    🍍🍌The MitD ( ) Reveal is a Crucial Part of the Story
    And we will actually get an answer to what he is.
    #980 2015/04/24
    🍌Roy's Boots are Intentionally Misproportioned
    "It just became one of the things that makes Roy look like Roy, so it stayed around."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌The Reason for the Draketooth Mummies' Mimicry
    "I needed a way to get it to say, 'Your fault,' without there being any meaning or intent on the mummy's part."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌Vaarsuvius is Genderqueer
    But "not talking about gender is just culturally part of being an elf".
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌We're Not Likely to Learn More about Belkar's Family #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌Order of the Stick Won't Be Remastered
    "...it is what it is, in all its deeply flawed glory."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌An Order of the Stick Animated Series?
    "It’s not a thing I’m pursuing at this time."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌The Giant on Future Projects
    "I 100% fully expect to continue writing after OOTS is finished....What form that writing takes is still uncertain."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌Order of the Stick Isn't Based on a "Real" Tabletop Game
    "I think I cribbed maybe three or four jokes from things that happened in a game session I played...."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍍🍌On Continuity from Comedy
    "A lot of the things that are crucial parts of the story were just random gags early on that I then had to work into a cohesive narrative without invalidating the earlier comics." Such as the Elven pantheon and swirly eyes showing domination.
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌Thrall-Durkon was like Malack's Puppet
    "...the thrall merely took on the personality that Malack wanted it to have".
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌Durkon was Never Imagined as Staying Dead
    "I'm not sure what the point of doing that might have been, but it wouldn't have helped me tell the story I was telling."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍍🍌V's Splices
    There won't be a prequel book about them, and the Giant hasn't developed a backstory for them; not even deciding if they're from previous versions of the world.
    #801 2011/08/21
    🍍🍌Miko's Fight
    How Miko defeated the OOTS off-panel and captured them; with a degree of detail the Giant hasn't done "before or since".
    #251 2005/11/30
    🍌Character Experience Isn't Tracked
    "Everyone should consider their character sheets to have the little shrugging emoji guy where their level should be listed."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍍🍌On Webcomics and Print as Mediums
    The webcomic is just a distribution method. "There are comic strips, and there are comic books, and there are hybrids in-between the two (like OOTS), and all of these things are published both on paper and on the internet".
    #980 2015/04/25
    🍌Characters Have a Specific Reason to be in the Comic
    "I'm telling a specific story, and if that character type doesn't have a role in the story then they won't be in it.
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍍🍌On Open-Ended Characterization
    "I don't really bother deciding things about the characters unless they have a purpose." Details like Elan's last name will be revealed if/when they become significant to the story; and details like Elan's Mother's name aren't given "on purpose".
    #980 2015/04/26
    🍌On What a Plot Point is Not
    "I don’t feel that it’s something that necessarily demands a more specific on-panel answer than that."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌How the Comic's Pacing Is Maintained Over Time
    "The first panel of every strip continues on from the previous one....The last panel has...a punchline or a reveal or a cliffhanger...All the middle stuff, that's the story."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌The Giant's Favorite Character to Write
    "My favorite character to write is whichever one I’m focusing on at the moment." "...the most fun I’ve had writing a character in a long time was actually Zhou Bo...."
    #1193 2020/03/01
    🍌The Giant is Always Surprised by Reactions
    "To some degree, every single thing I put in the comic gets at least one reaction that I could not possibly have predicted."
    #1193 2020/03/01

Still taking input on the entries and/or whether they should be included, if there was any question on that.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

No movement, huh? Okay then....

UPDATE COMING, CALLING FOR PMs TO REQUIRE VOTES

Anyone thinking any of the entries marked "Accepting PMs to require vote" should not be included in the Index should send me a private message, saying the entry should require a vote. (The default is to include, an item not voted on will be included in the Index.) If I get PMs from two or more people about a particular entry, it will be voted on to decide inclusion; the vote will be the next stage, and I'll announce it when the vote is ready.

The other quotes below reached strong consensus already. A vote is considered unnecessary in that case; they will be included.

Proposed Items for Index 6.3
    🍌An Order of the Stick Animated Series?(#9)
    "It's not a thing I'm pursuing at this time."
    #1193 2020/03/01 Accepting PMs to require vote.

PM threshold met, vote required.
    🍌Character Experience Isn't Tracked(#22)
    "Everyone should consider their character sheets to have the little shrugging emoji guy where their level should be listed."

Will be included.
    🍌Characters Have a Specific Reason to be in the Comic(#27)
    "I'm telling a specific story, and if that character type doesn't have a role in the story then they won't be in it."
    #1193 2020/03/01 No vote required, will be included.
    🍌Durkon was Never Imagined as Staying Dead(#19)
    "I'm not sure what the point of doing that might have been, but it wouldn't have helped me tell the story I was telling."

🍌How the Comic's Pacing Is Maintained Over Time(#30)
    "The first panel of every strip continues on from the previous one....The last panel has...a punchline or a reveal or a cliffhanger...All the middle stuff, that's the story."
    🍍🍌On Continuity from Comedy(#17)
    "A lot of the things that are crucial parts of the story were just random gags early on that I then had to work into a cohesive narrative without invalidating the earlier comics." Such as the Elven pantheon and swirly eyes showing domination.
    🍌On How Elan's Parents' Marriage Is Not a Plot Point(#29)
    "I don't feel that it's something that necessarily demands a more specific on-panel answer than that."

Will be included.
    🍌Order of the Stick Isn't Based on a "Real" Tabletop Game(#16)
    "I think I cribbed maybe three or four jokes from things that happened in a game session I played...."

Will be included.
    🍌Order of the Stick Won't Be Remastered(#8)
    "...it is what it is, in all its deeply flawed glory." See also here ("I could see myself doing clean-up on the odd mouth here or there, but probably not a full redraw").

Will be included.
    🍌Roy's Boots are Intentionally Misproportioned(#4)
    "It just became one of the things that makes Roy look like Roy, so it stayed around."
    🍌The Giant is Always Surprised by Reactions(#32)
    "To some degree, every single thing I put in the comic gets at least one reaction that I could not possibly have predicted."
    🍌The Giant on Future Projects(#10)
    "I 100% fully expect to continue writing after OOTS is finished....What form that writing takes is still uncertain."

🍌The Giant's Favorite Character to Write(#31)
    "My favorite character to write is whichever one I'm focusing on at the moment." "...the most fun I've had writing a character in a long time was actually Zhou Bo...."
    🍌The Reason for the Draketooth Mummies' Mimicry(#5)
    🍌Thrall-Durkon was Like Malack's Puppet(#18)
    "...the thrall merely took on the personality that Malack wanted it to have....Vampire Durkon, as we later got to know him, was inside DurkonÂ’s mind that whole time absorbing memories but having no (or very limited) control over the bodyÂ’s outside actions".
    🍌Vaarsuvius is Genderqueer(#6)
    But "not talking about gender is just culturally part of being an elf".
    🍌We're Not Likely to Learn More about Belkar's Family(#7) #1193 2020/03/01 No vote required, will be included.
    🍍🍌On Open-Ended Characterization
    "I don't really bother deciding things about the characters unless they have a purpose." Details like Elan's last name will be revealed if/when they become significant to the story; and details like Elan's Mother's name aren't given "on purpose"(#28).
    #980 2015/04/26 No vote required, will be included.
    🍍🍌On Webcomics and Print as Mediums
    The webcomic is just a distribution method. "There are comic strips, and there are comic books, and there are hybrids in-between the two (like OOTS), and all of these things are published both on paper and on the internet"(#26).
    #980 2015/04/25 No vote required, will be included.
    🍍🍌The MitD ( ) Reveal is a Crucial Part of the Story
    And we will actually get an answer(#3) to what he is.
    #980 2015/04/24 Accepting PMs to require vote.

Will be included.
    🍍🍌The Story is Still (Sort Of) Evolving
    "I'm trying to wrap up more than I add, but if there weren't room to add I would get bored before the end." See also here(#2) ("...the big questions of what's going to happen? ...locked that in around the time of the first crayon drawing scene in Paladin Blues").
    #945 2014/02/17 Accepting PMs to require vote.

Will be included.
    🍍🍌V's Splices
    There won't be a prequel book about them, and the Giant hasn't developed a backstory for them; not even deciding if they're from previous versions of the world(#20).
    #801 2011/08/21 No vote required, will be included.
    🍍🍌Miko's Fight
    How Miko defeated the OOTS off-panel and captured them; with a degree of detail the Giant hasn't done "before or since"(#21).
    #251 2005/11/30 No vote required, will be included.

PMs will be accepted until March 19th, 9PM EDT. I'll try to update the table if/when entries get sufficient PMs.

To send me a PM, click my username (The vaguely-pronounceable(?)-looking word above the spellcasting-and-invocation-using banana with purple hair) and select "Private Message". Or I guess you could click here. Anyway, include the titles of the entries you're nominating in the message. Mentioning something about "Index Nomination" in the subject line would be helpful.

A few final reminders:

• Don't post suggestions to require votes. They're sent by PM to avoid filling up the thread with them, posts will not be counted.
    • Only PM for entries you think should be excluded. They'll be included if they don't receive sufficient nominations.
    • We're not voting on the entries yet. The voting will be the next stage, assuming a vote is required; I'll call for the vote at an appropriate time.
    • We still have a banana in charge. Hi. (I neither confirm nor deny a zapped status.)

Further discussion of entries is encouraged at this point. In particular, recommendations for different titles and descriptions for the quote entries are things I'd be happy to consider.
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2020-03-20 at 01:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

For the Patreon answer 18 about Durkon as a vampire thrall of Malack, I think the entry should additionally mention that Greg was already in Durkon's head at that time, just as unable to control Durkon's body as Durkon was, but he could get information from Durkon during that time. I won't attempt to phrase the entry now.

Question. Do we have a previous word of the Giant covering the same thing as answer 8 ("Order of the Stick Won't Be Remastered")?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    For the Patreon answer 18 about Durkon as a vampire thrall of Malack, I think the entry should additionally mention that Greg was already in Durkon's head at that time, just as unable to control Durkon's body as Durkon was, but he could get information from Durkon during that time.
    Sounds good to me...done.

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Question. Do we have a previous word of the Giant covering the same thing as answer 8 ("Order of the Stick Won't Be Remastered")?
    It's sorta kinda like how the Giant said he's "not really a 'go back and change it' kind of guy"; but I feel it's distinct enough to warrant a separate entry.