Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Return of the MTG: Vanishing Three Card Blind - Once upon a time there was a 3CB

I think I draw with Tom this time around? Tom scores a WW against everything but Barren Glory, Barren Glory scores a WW against everything except Phyrexian Revoker, and everyone else has two LL rounds.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2020-09-28 at 03:21 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

2. - Top - End - #572
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Return of the MTG: Vanishing Three Card Blind - Once upon a time there was a 3CB

I think it's a 3 way tie with plopfill who beats everyone but me. It's close against b_jonas but even though the boar goes back to the library after the ratchet bombing, it takes long enough to store up the mana again that lethal damage can get through.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-09-28 at 04:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #573

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    I think it's a 3 way tie with plopfill who beats everyone but me. It's close against b_jonas but even though the boar goes back to the library after the ratchet bombing, it takes long enough to store up the mana again that lethal damage can get through.
    Oh, shoot. Yep, somehow I thought that Revoker was a 1/1. Three-way meta it is.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Table for Return Round 27
    Show

FW TM pf bj LD
    Fable Wright -- WW LL WW WW 18 CardnameIrony
    Tom the Mime LL -- WW WW WW 18 SoldierExile
    plopfill WW LL -- WW WW 18 RevokeBomb
    b_jonas LL LL LL -- WW 6 OHKOlossus
    Laughing Dog LL LL LL LL -- 0 WardAngel
    Unless I'm missing something critical, it looks like Laughing Dog can't stop a Blightsteel Colossus to the face. The matchups this round are pretty straightforward, so I think it's safe to call the round.

Final Results for 27
    Gold: Fable Wright, plopfill, and Tom the Mime
    Offboarded: b_jonas
    Stepped Backward: Laughing Dog

Everyone, please send in your decks for Return Round 28. Click. I will accept decks until the end of Wednesday, the 7th.

Ban list for Round 28
    Spoiler: Ban list for Round 28
    Show
    Land: Ancient Tomb; Bayou; Blackcleave Cliffs; Blooming Marsh; Boros Garrison; Botanical Sanctum; Celestial Colonnade; City of Traitors; Dark Depths; Dryad Arbor; Field of Ruin; Forbidding Watchtower; Geier Reach Sanitarium; Ghost Quarter; Hall of Heliod's Generosity; Hickory Woodlot; Inkmoth Nexus; Irrigation Ditch; Karakas; Maze of Ith; Mishra's Factory; Mishra's Workshop; Peat Bog; Shelldock Isle; Strip Mine; Taiga; Tolarian Academy; Tropical Island; Waste Land (Mystery Booster playtest); Wasteland; Watermarket.

Artifact/Colourless: Black Lotus; Blacker Lotus; Chronomaton; Dispatch Dispensary; Emrakul, the Aeons Torn; Hangarback Walker; Karn, the Great Creator; Lion's Eye Diamond; Liquimetal Coating; Lodestone Golem; Lotus Bloom; Lotus Petal; Lupine Prototype; Mana Crypt; Mirrored Lotus; Mox Emerald; Mox Pearl; Mox Sapphire; Natural Unity; Ornithopter; Phyrexian Revoker; Ratchet Bomb; Sol Ring; The Rack; Time Vault; Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre; Voltaic Key; Weight Advantage.

White: Barren Glory; Cenn's Tactician; Chancellor of the Annex; History of Benalia; Path to Exile; Serra Ascendant; Thalia, Guardian of Thraben; The Cheese Stands Alone.

Blue: Cryptic Command; Decorated Knight; Errant Ephemeron; Force of Negation; Force of Will; Gilded Drake; Jace, Wielder of Mysteries; Laboratory Maniac; Leyline of Anticipation; Mental Misstep; Misthollow Griffin; Piracy Charm; Sea's Claim; Thassa's Oracle; Time Sidewalk; Time Spiral.

Black: Blackmail; Cabal Therapy; Cruel Sadist; Mind Swords; Nether Spirit; Spike, Tournament Grinder; Street Wraith; Thoughtseize; Vampire Hexmage.

Red: Alpine Moon; Burning Inquiry; Raze; Wrench-Rigger.

Green: Channel; Collector Ouphe; Crashing Footfalls; Durkwood Baloth; Hexdrinker; Living Wish; Llanowar Mentor; Mayor of Avabruck; Skyshroud Cutter; Thallid; Young Wolf.

Gold: Gyruda, Doom of Depths; Kaheera, the Orphanguard; Lurrus of the Dream-Den; Lutri, the Spellchaser; Meddling Mage; Research // Development; Umori, the Collector; Zirda, the Dawnwalker.

That's a lot of new banned cards with pretty significant ones in the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Revealing the decks for Round 28

b_jonas: Saprazzan Skerry, Denied!, Phantasmal Bear
    Fable Wright: Underground Sea, Evil Presence, Wind Zendikon
    plopfill: Pendelhaven, Swarm Shambler, Lush Growth
    Quiddle: Swamp, Dark Ritual, Phyrexian Crusader
    Tom the Mime: Balance, Plains, Dunes of the Dead
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #576
    Pixie in the Playground

My results:
    plopfill vs b_jonas: WW -- Lush Growth stops everything.
    plopfill vs Fable Wright: WW -- Swarm Shambler builds up to 5/5 and then starts attacking, and wins on turn 9.
    plopfill vs Quiddle: WW -- Same as above.
    plopfill vs Tom the Mime: LL -- Balance wipes out everything I have.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

As far as I can tell:

b_jonas: LL to Fable Wright and plopfill by being crippled by land disruption. LL to Quiddle with Denied! being too slow and the crusader outmatching the bear. LL to Tom the Mime because by the time I play Balance, I have no cards in hand and it can't be denied and the bear is either sacrificed or discarded leaving nothing against the new zombie. 0

Fable Wright: WW against b_jonas, LL to plopfill due to both the growing shambler outracing them and not caring about mana color once it's out (they might not be able to make the first move either if lush growth cancels out the zendikon but it doesn't change the result), LL to Quiddle due to infect and first strike on the crusader, DD with Tom the Mime because evil presence forces the dunes to be played first so I lose my chance for a creature but I can still cast balance so they lose either their creature or their potential for one. 8

plopfill: see above post - WW against b_jonas, Fable Wright and Quiddle. LL to Tom the Mime. 18

Quiddle: WW to b_jonas and Fable Wright, LL to plopfill, LL to Tom the Mime with balance wiping things out from field or hand without targeting. 12

Tom the Mime: WW to b_jonas, plopfill, Quiddle, DD with Fable Wright. 20

Denied! has the issue that a lot of counterspells have in that you need to go shields down to play your threat (unless it's a memnite) so it would end up giving more draws than wins. The tapland also hurts given that you can't counter T1 and an odd choice as it would only protect against a spell cast in the same phase as the bear, which would basically be limited to a counterspell.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-10-08 at 06:38 AM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Return round 28 evaluation.
    b_jonas vs Fable Wright: LL. Evil Presence blocks my land.
    b_jonas vs plopfill: LL. Lush Growth blocks my land. Oops.
    b_jonas vs Quiddle: LL. The deck isn't slow enough that I could counter (I thought we'd get more slower decks). Then Quiddle can attack freely with the Crusader, since it has first strike, and kills me in five attacks with poison counters.
    b_jonas vs Tom the Mime: LL. Oh I hate Balance. It was banned in the original series, so I didn't meet it there, but apparently it's not banned yet in Return. I'm not getting my revenge this time, because Denied! can't counter Balance, and Balance kills my Bear either from the battlefield or from my hand.
    Fable Wright vs plopfill: WW. An interesting mirror match. The player that goes first will get a creature in their first turn. The player that goes second can then choose between ruining the other's land or getting a creature. If they choose to get a creature, the opponent could still ruin their land, and for Fable this is worth because the Pendelhaven Swarm token combo would be dangerous. But as plopfill points out, even with the Evil Presence they can pay for the Swarm Shambler's growth effect, so they win against the 2/2 flying animated Underground Sea.
    Fable Wright vs Quiddle: LL. Evil Presence is too slow to do anything. Phyrexian Crusader kills faster and can defeat the awakened land in combat.
    Fable Wright vs Tom the Mime: LL. Tom has to play Dunes first turn, Plains and Balance second turn to avoid Evil Presence. The Balance kills he Zendikon no matter whether it's on the battlefield or in hand.
    (The rest of matches and/or table perhaps later.)

9. - Top - End - #579
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Fable Wright vs plopfill: [. . .] the Pendelhaven Swarm token combo would be dangerous.
    It doesn't do that.
    "Whenever a creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it becomes the target of a spell an opponent controls,"

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Thanks to y'all for breaking down the matchups.
    Spoiler: Table for Return Round 28
    Show

TM pf Qd FW bj
    Tom the Mime -- WW WW DD WW 20 Balance
    plopfill LL -- WW WW WW 18 LushShambler
    Quiddle LL LL -- WW WW 12 RitualCrusader
    Fable Wright DD LL LL -- WW 8 EvilZendikon
    b_jonas LL LL LL LL -- 0 CounterBear

Final Results for 28
    Gold: Tom the Mime
    Silver: plopfill
    Bronze: Quiddle
    Underground: Fable Wright
    Denied: b_jonas

Everyone, please send in your decks for Return Round 29. Click. I will accept decks until the end of Wednesday, the 21st.

Ban list for Round 29
    Spoiler: Ban list for Round 29
    Show
    Land: Ancient Tomb; Bayou; Blackcleave Cliffs; Blooming Marsh; Boros Garrison; Botanical Sanctum; Celestial Colonnade; City of Traitors; Dark Depths; Dryad Arbor; Dunes of the Dead; Field of Ruin; Forbidding Watchtower; Geier Reach Sanitarium; Ghost Quarter; Hall of Heliod's Generosity; Hickory Woodlot; Inkmoth Nexus; Irrigation Ditch; Karakas; Maze of Ith; Mishra's Factory; Mishra's Workshop; Peat Bog; Shelldock Isle; Strip Mine; Taiga; Tolarian Academy; Tropical Island; Waste Land (Mystery Booster playtest); Wasteland; Watermarket.

Artifact/Colourless: Black Lotus; Blacker Lotus; Chronomaton; Dispatch Dispensary; Emrakul, the Aeons Torn; Hangarback Walker; Karn, the Great Creator; Lion's Eye Diamond; Liquimetal Coating; Lodestone Golem; Lotus Bloom; Lotus Petal; Lupine Prototype; Mana Crypt; Mirrored Lotus; Mox Emerald; Mox Pearl; Mox Sapphire; Natural Unity; Ornithopter; Phyrexian Revoker; Ratchet Bomb; Sol Ring; The Rack; Time Vault; Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre; Voltaic Key; Weight Advantage.

White: Balance; Barren Glory; Cenn's Tactician; Chancellor of the Annex; History of Benalia; Path to Exile; Serra Ascendant; Thalia, Guardian of Thraben; The Cheese Stands Alone.

Blue: Cryptic Command; Decorated Knight; Errant Ephemeron; Force of Negation; Force of Will; Gilded Drake; Jace, Wielder of Mysteries; Laboratory Maniac; Leyline of Anticipation; Mental Misstep; Misthollow Griffin; Piracy Charm; Sea's Claim; Thassa's Oracle; Time Sidewalk; Time Spiral.

Black: Blackmail; Cabal Therapy; Cruel Sadist; Mind Swords; Nether Spirit; Spike, Tournament Grinder; Street Wraith; Thoughtseize; Vampire Hexmage.

Green: Channel; Collector Ouphe; Crashing Footfalls; Durkwood Baloth; Hexdrinker; Living Wish; Llanowar Mentor; Mayor of Avabruck; Skyshroud Cutter; Thallid; Young Wolf.

Gold: Gyruda, Doom of Depths; Kaheera, the Orphanguard; Lurrus of the Dream-Den; Lutri, the Spellchaser; Meddling Mage; Research // Development; Umori, the Collector; Zirda, the Dawnwalker.
    Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Everyone, please send in your decks for Return Round 29.
    29 already? Then we'll have to talk about the special rule for return round 30 as well.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

I will reiterate this suggestion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Token Round - Each player begins the game with a monocolored 1/1 creature token whose creature type and color can be submitted with the deck but default to, say, white Soldier.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Revealing the decks for Round 29

b_jonas: Remote Farm, Stonecoil Serpent, Heroic Defiance
    Bucky: Deputy of Detention, Chancellor of the Tangle, Aether Vial
    Fable Wright: Hex Parasite, Death's Shadow, Mox Jet
    plopfill: Pendelhaven, Swarm Shambler, Lush Growth
    Quiddle: Dark Ritual , Urborg, Liliana, the Last Hope
    Tom the Mime: Greater Gargadon, Restore Balance, Undiscovered Paradise

I will reiterate this suggestion:
    Token Round - Each player begins the game with a monocolored 1/1 creature token whose creature type and color can be submitted with the deck but default to, say, white Soldier.
    I like the idea of possibly building around a creature type/color, though I'd like having this theme have greater significance. Using the same idea (including the default white Soldier tokens), I'm thinking... Darien?

Special Round 30: Vicious Circle
    Each player can submit a creature type and color, which defaults to white Soldier. Whenever a player is dealt damage, that player may create that many 1/1 creature tokens of their submitted type and color.
    Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #584

Let's see here...

Spoiler: Fable with 30 points
    Show
    Fable vs b_jonas: With b_jonas on the play, he gets a 2/2 on turn 2, I get a 5/5. Next turn, he makes it a 5/5, but can't swing because Fable can block with a 7/7. Next turn, Stonecoil is a 4/4 and Shadow is a 9/9; 9/9 Death's Shadow swings. If it blocks, b_jonas loses; if he swings back, Hex Parasite brings Fable to 2 and chumps, and b_jonas takes 11 for a total of 20. I think Fable WWs.

Fable vs Bucky: Hex Parasite just eats the charge counter each turn while Death's Shadow swings. WW.

Fable vs plopfill: Mox Jet comes in clutch. Fable on the play ensures that Swarm Shambler can't survive; Fable on the draw means that the shambler is capped at a 2/2 that can't do much.

Fable vs Quiddle: Liliana kills Hex Parasite when it comes down, but the life loss is accomplished and she can't ult before Death's Shadow kills her.

Fable vs Tom: Fable has a 4-turn clock and Tom wins on turn 6.

I think this is a sweep.

Spoiler: b_jonas: 12 points
    Show
    b_jonas vs Bucky: WL
    I can use the Deputy to eat the aura if it's played on schedule, which would result in an easy win. He can hold the aura until I tick the vial up to 4; if he does, I stabilize at 1 life on the play but lose on the draw.
    b_jonas vs Fable: LL
    b_jonas vs plopfill: LL; Lush Growth kills the land.
    b_jonas vs Quiddle: Liliana can't kill the serpent or ult before it takes her out. WW
    b_jonas vs Tom the Mime: Both have a 6-turn clock. WL

Spoiler: Bucky: 15 points
    Show
    Bucky vs b_jonas: WL
    Bucky vs Fable: LL
    Bucky vs plopfill: WW; Shambler can't kill before Deputy comes out.
    Bucky vs Quiddle: WW; Deputy always comes before Lili gets ult off
    Bucky vs Tom: LL; Clock not fast enough

Spoiler: plopfill: 6 points
    Show

plopfill vs b_jonas: WW; land kill
    plopfill vs Fable: LL
    plopfill vs Bucky: LL
    plopfill vs Quiddle: LL; Liliana kills Shambler T1 every time
    plopfill vs Tom: LL; clock not fast enough

Spoiler: Quiddle: 12 points
    Show

Quiddle vs b_jonas: LL
    Quiddle vs Fable: LL
    Quiddle vs Bucky: LL
    Quiddle vs plopfill: WW
    Quiddle vs Tom: WW; Liliana beats Greater Gargadon every time

Spoiler: Tom: 15 points
    Show
    Tom vs b_jonas: WL
    Tom vs Fable: LL
    Tom vs Bucky: WW
    Tom vs plopfill: WW
    Tom vs Quiddle: LL

I like the idea of possibly building around a creature type/color, though I'd like having this theme have greater significance. Using the same idea (including the default white Soldier tokens), I'm thinking... Darien?

Special Round 30: Vicious Circle
    Each player can submit a creature type and color, which defaults to white Soldier. Whenever a player is dealt damage, that player may create that many 1/1 creature tokens of their submitted type and color.
    Time for Illness in the Ranks!
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2020-10-23 at 10:52 AM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    ]
    If you could fix the mana could be fun with hissing iguanar (why did they spell it like that) even if it's not the quickest combo. Don't think multicolored past 2 cmc is doable without taking 2 slots for it though.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Re Return round 28. It was about time for a Hex Parasite deck to win. Bucky: that's an interesting deck, I think it's mostly new.

Wow, there's a plain Urborg that is not Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth?

Fable vs Bucky: Hex Parasite just eats the charge counter each turn while Death's Shadow swings. WW.
    Correct. You need two turns when you can't eat a charge counter, but even if Bucky starts, you can keep him from reaching three counters.

Wait, I get 15 points and a shared second place? I thought this deck would be worse. But yes, the protection from multicolored happens to be relevant against Bucky, and while he has a mono-colored creature as a backup strategy, it's too slow. And from as much as I've seen, Fable's results are right, though I didn't check everything.

-----

ben-zayb: Oh wow, that Return round 30 is crazy. There are a lot of ways to deal damage to yourself. Will it be a competition between fast but fragile decks that create a large number of tokens quickly, combo decks that deal infinite damage but take a turn or two longer, and control decks that just try to break whatever other people come up with?

Update:
    I tried to kill all the tokens in the food fight round (Return round 25). Didn't work.

Update: Has anyone volunteered to host any rounds after Return round 30? Oh yeah, we do.
    Has anyone volunteered for the next 5 rounds? I'll volunteer for 31-35.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2020-10-23 at 09:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Bucky Vs. Tom is WL.

I can use the Deputy to eat the aura if it's played on schedule, which would result in an easy win. He can hold the aura until I tick the vial up to 4; if he does, I stabilize at 1 life on the play but lose on the draw.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2020-10-23 at 09:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #588

Bucky Vs. Tom is WL.

Are you sure that you're referring to the right deck? That looks like the b_jonas matchup you're referring to.

That said, you're correct; for that match I forgot Deputy can target non-creatures. Updating.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I think I'm LL against b_jonas as restore balance resolves T7 not T6 so it's just a bit too slow.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2020-10-23 at 05:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Table for Return Round 29
    FW bj Bu TM Qd pf
    Fable Wright -- WW WW WW WW WW 30 Counterstrike
    b_jonas LL -- WL WW WW LL 15 ColorcodeSerpent
    Bucky LL WL -- LL WW WW 15 BanisherVial
    Tom the Mime LL LL WW -- LL WW 12 DoomsdayClock
    Quiddle LL LL LL WW -- WW 12 LilianaRitual
    plopfill LL WW LL LL LL -- 6 Gro-Tall
    Feel free to correct anything. As always, leave 24 hours for disputes, and then we'll move on to the next round.
    Wow, there's a plain Urborg that is not Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth?
    I thought I had to correct the name, then I clicked on the link and did a double-take.
    I think I'm LL against b_jonas as restore balance resolves T7 not T6 so it's just a bit too slow.
    Yup, this has been included.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2020-10-25 at 01:38 AM. Reason: I'm so good at English
    Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

I prefer my original version of the bonus round to this one. The purpose was to eliminate the requirement to spend a card slot on a threat, allowing decks to focus entirely on answers, and maybe buffs, if they chose. The new version is inherently stalematey, but also high-grade combo fodder to the point where it's only a question of which variety of broken comes out on top, the hilarious or the lame.

Bucky: that's an interesting deck, I think it's mostly new.
    Vial/Tangle has been on my to-do list for at least 10 rounds; I'm a sucker for getting two different uses out of the same card like the Chanceller here. This was the first time I actually had a reason to run it, with land destruction back in the meta and the competing Companion archetypes out. Unfortunately, I ran straight into an otherwise unanswered combo deck that incidentally hated it out.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2020-10-25 at 11:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Vial/Tangle has been on my to-do list for at least 10 rounds;
    Nice. The Double Cross surprise was on my todo list for 30 rounds.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Final Results for Return Round 29
    Gold: Fable Wright
    Silver: b_jonas, Bucky
    Off-balance: Tom the Mime, Quiddle
    Still growing: plopfill

Special Return Round 30: Vicious Circle
    Each player can submit a creature type and color, which defaults to white Soldier. Each player has an emblem with "Whenever you are dealt damage, you may create that many 1/1 [COLOR] [TYPE] creature tokens."

Everyone, please send in your decks for Special Return Round 30. Click. I will accept decks until the end of Monday, the 2nd.

Ban list for Round 30
    Spoiler: Ban list for Round 30
    Show
    Land: Ancient Tomb; Bayou; Blackcleave Cliffs; Blooming Marsh; Boros Garrison; Botanical Sanctum; Celestial Colonnade; City of Traitors; Dark Depths; Dryad Arbor; Dunes of the Dead; Field of Ruin; Forbidding Watchtower; Geier Reach Sanitarium; Ghost Quarter; Hall of Heliod's Generosity; Hickory Woodlot; Inkmoth Nexus; Irrigation Ditch; Karakas; Maze of Ith; Mishra's Factory; Mishra's Workshop; Peat Bog; Shelldock Isle; Strip Mine; Taiga; Tolarian Academy; Tropical Island; Waste Land (Mystery Booster playtest); Wasteland; Watermarket.

Artifact/Colourless: Black Lotus; Blacker Lotus; Chronomaton; Dispatch Dispensary; Emrakul, the Aeons Torn; Hangarback Walker; Hex Parasite; Karn, the Great Creator; Lion's Eye Diamond; Liquimetal Coating; Lodestone Golem; Lotus Bloom; Lotus Petal; Lupine Prototype; Mana Crypt; Mirrored Lotus; Mox Emerald; Mox Jet; Mox Pearl; Mox Sapphire; Natural Unity; Ornithopter; Phyrexian Revoker; Ratchet Bomb; Sol Ring; The Rack; Time Vault; Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre; Voltaic Key; Weight Advantage.

White: Balance; Barren Glory; Cenn's Tactician; Chancellor of the Annex; History of Benalia; Path to Exile; Serra Ascendant; Thalia, Guardian of Thraben; The Cheese Stands Alone.

Black: Blackmail; Cabal Therapy; Cruel Sadist; Death's Shadow; Mind Swords; Nether Spirit; Spike, Tournament Grinder; Street Wraith; Thoughtseize; Vampire Hexmage.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Each player can submit a creature type and color, which defaults to white Soldier. Each player has an emblem with "Whenever you are dealt damage, you may create that many 1/1 [COLOR] [TYPE] creature tokens."
    Emphasis added. There goes my Rampaging Ferocidon+Gut Shot deck.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2020-10-28 at 11:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emphasis added. There goes my Rampaging Ferocidon+Gut Shot deck.
    I had to ask myself, "What would Darien do?" And it looks like he isn't into forced recruitment. That's also one less infinite combo to worry about, which is a good thing I think.
    Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey! After Black Lotus, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lotus Petal, Blacker Lotus, Lotus Bloom, Mirrored Lotus, Wizards is finally releasing an overpowered lotus that won't be good in 3CB. Jeweled Lotus.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh hey! After Black Lotus, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lotus Petal, Blacker Lotus, Lotus Bloom, Mirrored Lotus, Wizards is finally releasing an overpowered lotus that won't be good in 3CB. Jeweled Lotus.
    Put some respect on Mox Lotus. 'twas a valiant effort.

Three more days for submissions, and the entries are looking good so far.
    Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Three more days for submissions, and the entries are looking good so far.
    Do you mean that everyone is sending disruption that kills all the tokens, so we won't have to spend days to figure out the optimal play for thirty difficult aggressive token growth mirror matches? :)

I wonder if anyone's making exotic tokens like black eyes or bluebirds, rather than more traditional soldier armies or zombie masses.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2020-10-30 at 02:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599

Do you mean that everyone is sending disruption that kills all the tokens, so we won't have to spend days to figure out the optimal play for thirty difficult aggressive token growth mirror matches? :)

I wonder if anyone's making exotic tokens like black eyes or bluebirds, rather than more traditional soldier armies or zombie masses.
    They're all 1/1 Sliver Tokens, all the way down, to steal opposing sliver buffs.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

They're all 1/1 Sliver Tokens, all the way down, to steal opposing sliver buffs.
    Nah, I just use Plague Sliver to hose the slivers… oh wait.