Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Return of the MTG: Vanishing Three Card Blind - Once upon a time there was a 3CB

Getting close to the deadline but it's being extended because so far only 2 decks have been submitted.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Return of the MTG: Vanishing Three Card Blind - Once upon a time there was a 3CB

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Getting close to the deadline but it's being extended because so far only 2 decks have been submitted.
    What deadline? I don't think you ever told us what the deadline was. And to what is it extended.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Sorry, deadline was going to be a week, same as last time.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I sent mine, or at least I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #635
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Yep. Got that one. Had one more submission since the extension but that still means we're just at 3.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Up to 4 now. If/when we get to 5, I'll close submissions and post the decks.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Had another one come in so here are the round 32 decks

Bucky: Swarm Shambler, Evil Presence, Llanowar Wastes
    Laughing Dog: Swamp, Cauldron Familiar, Witch's Oven
    TiaC: Swamp, Cruel Sadist, Funeral Charm
    b_jonas: Sandstone Needle, Cleansing Wildfire, Veteran Brawlers
    ben-zayb: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Bottomless Vault, Davriel, Rogue Shadowmage, Sideboard: Obosh, the Preypiercer

I think Laughing Dog beats everyone but TiaC - with a cat funnily enough given both their usernames and I think that's enough to get them over the line.

Given a fair chunk of the decks this round seemed to be mainly to help get to the 5 so that we had a playable number, do people still want to continue?

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Given a fair chunk of the decks this round seemed to be mainly to help get to the 5 so that we had a playable number, do people still want to continue?
    Probably no. I'm submitting decks, but I'm not really spending any time thinking about them and the meta and reviewing the rounds, so my heart is currently not in it. Perhaps we should take a hiatus with a definite period, like twelve months, then put out another call whether there's interest continuing this game.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Let's see:
    I WW vs Bucky. He can't get past cat, and evil presence does nothing to me. I LL to TiaC. Funeral charm wins the game for TiaC. I WL vs bjonas. He can get Cleansing Wildfire out in time if he is on the play, removing my ability to play the Oven, and then just wins the damage race. I barely WW vs ben-zayb, with Obosh T18 (with ben-zayb on the play) bringing things to a very near loss for me.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

I decided to skip a round for IRL reasons, but that round didn't happen due to non-participation.

I'm LL vs. Swamp (Laughing Dog and TiaC), WW vs. Sandstone Needle (b_jonas) and DD vs. Tabernacle (ben-zayeb)
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

vs b_jonas: DD by holding onto the Tabernacle until the Brawlers get played
    vs Bucky: DD by holding onto the Tabernacle until the Shambler get played
    vs Laughing Dog: LL
    vs TiaC: Cruel Sadist has already been banned

I'd probably be much busier for the next few weeks, but I'll be fine with either continuing or going on a hiatus.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.
    Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    vs TiaC: Cruel Sadist has already been banned
    Oh crap. TiaC vs b_jonas would have been an actually interesting match if it weren't for that.
    Bucky vs b_jonas: WW, because Bucky brought first turn land destruction, so I can't cast anything.