Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Did about the same and got a bunch of event CEs and nothing else.

Still, since this is my first time doing this event and there's going to be rerun in two years anyways I'm glad I did get those CEs to make these missions much quicker. I do wish I could MLB the Gil CE though.
    Bad news: This is the rerun. In 1-2 years there will be a way to play the main story missions and get BB by spending Rare Prisms, but there is no shop or missions. This event is basically one of the Arc 1.5 stories, along with Shinjuku, Agartha, Shimosa and Salem. It came out May 2019 between Shinjuku and Agartha. They had some fun at the time by pretending it would be a light fluffy spring break event like a mini summer event, only to spring a dark main story arc on us. But the point is, this is the rerun, and the only way to see it later is to spend a pretty rare resource.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, I see.

Oh well. Can probably MLB the the 5* CE if I keep some tickets the next time the CCC banners are up.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah three 10 rolls and nothing but a smattering of Event CE's
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

ok, unlocked bond 11 for waver... barely use him... unlock bond 11 for tamamo... use her a bit more... unlock bond 11 for squirtoria. use her situationally.... unlock bond 11 for SR nero saber... Use her virtually every fight weather she is event or not...

also finally an NP battery. now we just need to upgrade imperial privilege somehow even though it is a pretty good skill already.

edit: i think its cause i've played since pretty much the beginning and most things seem to be beatable with 3 AoE class advatage servants with NP batteries and 50% charge CEs... and anytime i am wrong if i have nero she just wins anyway unless archers.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-02-20 at 01:12 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

They are not kidding when they say the detour fights leading to KP are extra hard. I only just got past the third one with about 60 turns of Jeanne/Merlin NP spam.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    They are not kidding when they say the detour fights leading to KP are extra hard. I only just got past the third one with about 60 turns of Jeanne/Merlin NP spam.
    Tell me about it. KP herself is an absolute beast - you either need enough ST damage - with NO CLASS ADVANTAGE - to drop her in one round, or you need to stall long enough (20 turns) to remove her buffs and THEN spike your ST damage.

I don't have an anti-Divine with enough spike to hurt her, so I've been trying to cheese it with Instant Death NPs. No success so far.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I'm stuck on the 5th one. I've gotten really close, but the crit up damage is just murder.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm up to the KP fight myself, but will wait for my command seals to replenish before I try fighting her.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

So, I wandered into the Kingprotea fight. Just to test the waters with a Jeanne/Waver/Merlin stall comp, nothing hugely inventive.

I learnt, about two dozen turns in, that what I should have done was exit the fight, come back, and equip the plug-suit to swap in Jalter to come out when KP loses steam, then strike her down with Merlin & Jeanne's plentiful stars. It might've taken a bit of RNg luck to get a brave chain on the right turn, but certainly doable.

What I did instead was kept going for about a hour and a half, lose everyone on my team except Jeanne, and then proceed to infinitely loop Jeanne's NP until she single-handedly killed her remaining 12 million HP with NP brave chains. It only took one art card to entirely bring back Jeanne's NP after some nebulous point in the battle when KP had so many defense debuffs that it couldn't help but refill.

It was a very Zen experience.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I was lucky enough to get Kingprotea without spending too many quartz on her! Just two 10-pulls!

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I was lucky enough to get Kingprotea without spending too many quartz on her! Just two 10-pulls!
    Same, with two 10 rolls as well, and I'm loving her animations. They both convey her scale, yet also childishness. Its like a child tossing her toys around or throwing rocks, yet said rocks are as big as a house and the toys are 6 foot tall monsters.

Edit: its also hilarious having 40k+ HP on a servant. Like, its beyond silly how little the bar moves when you get attacked.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-02-23 at 03:48 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Same, with two 10 rolls as well, and I'm loving her animations. They both convey her scale, yet also childishness. Its like a child tossing her toys around or throwing rocks, yet said rocks are as big as a house and the toys are 6 foot tall monsters.

Edit: its also hilarious having 40k+ HP on a servant. Like, its beyond silly how little the bar moves when you get attacked.
    Congrats on KP! She is a precious bean.

Sadly, I did not get KP. I spent all of my SQ, but did not get KP.

I got spooked, a lot. Got Gawain, that's new. Pretty solid KotR cast now. Got a second Gawain. Got a second, third, and fourth Tristan.

I did get some 5-star spooks. As in, multiple. Drake and Vlad. So I can't feel too bad that I didn't get Kaiju Daughteru. These two are pretty awesome.

But yeah. Salt.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

As lovely as KP is, I only gave a single ten pull for her, as I'm saving for Kama.

Factotum Variants!

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I did get some 5-star spooks. As in, multiple. Drake and Vlad. So I can't feel too bad that I didn't get Kaiju Daughteru. These two are pretty awesome.

But yeah. Salt.
    268 rolls since last SSR for me. Got Anne and Mary NP2 (they're even in this pool? NP2 makes them kinda tempting to level, though. I only have Ushi for good ST Riders right now), Suzuka and my very first Kaleidoscope, so I'm not exactly... Displeased. K-scope opens up a whole new world of possibilities. At this point, hitting 300 with no SSR is looking very likely, and I'll probably have a good chuckle when I get there. Fingers crossed it doesn't get to 400, though.

Yep, still a bit of salt.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    268 rolls since last SSR for me. Got Anne and Mary NP2 (they're even in this pool? NP2 makes them kinda tempting to level, though. I only have Ushi for good ST Riders right now), Suzuka and my very first Kaleidoscope, so I'm not exactly... Displeased. K-scope opens up a whole new world of possibilities. At this point, hitting 300 with no SSR is looking very likely, and I'll probably have a good chuckle when I get there. Fingers crossed it doesn't get to 400, though.

Yep, still a bit of salt.
    Harsh, though honestly at this point, I might prefer the Kaleidoscope personally. That's likely one of the outright best CEs in the game.

I'm still debating if I should go for Kingprotea or not. I really want Cu Alter which is only three weeks away. And I've only got 98 SQ right now. But the giant Sakura is definitely the cutest and best of the Alter Egos, and I have finished leveling Sitonai so it's not like I'll be splitting the Embers needed to level her.

EDIT: Decided to go for it with 60 SQ at least. Got nothing but garbage. I mean, I did draw a Berserker of El Dorado but she's got the problem of not being crazy enough, and doesn't really appeal anyways. But seriously everything else was garbage. I didn't even get any good CEs.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2021-02-23 at 05:04 PM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

One Roll + 1 Ticket and a Gwain and the 5star event CE to show for it.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

And challenge KP is down. Took 120-something turns, but it's over, and after dealing with that freaking fight I felt a bit less bad about not rolling her.

Then, of course, comes the cutscene, and... argh.

Anyway, here's some basics for the fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay. So each turn, she gets a stacking HP buff. Meaning that if you want to kill her fast, you need to do it on turn 1. You should bring a single-target NP with anti-Divine, and a big stack of buffs.

Don't have that? Neither did I. So here's what happens next. She gains her stacking HP buff for 20 turns. All you have to do is survive the attacks until then. At the end of 20 turns, she gains the Clear Cache debuff, removes all stacks, and gains a permanent DEF Down debuff. This is your turn to strike.

Don't take it.

Instead, wait five turns. After this turn, she will regain her HP stacks, and continue for five turns. After five turns, she will Clear Cache again, and gain another stacking DEF Down. This will cycle again until you beat her - five turns of stacking HP buffs, Clear Cache and another DEF Down. What you want is to wait until she has a bunch of DEF Down on her, then make your attack.

I did not do this. I brought a stall team - Casko, Jeanne, and guest Merlin, with Waver and Summer Jalter in the back, and the plugsuit. My plan was to stall with the front line until weakness, then swap in Summer Jalter for a quick bit of murder. I did so too early, and everyone but Jeanne and Merlin died.

Then the waiting began. Over a hundred turns of waiting.

Jeanne and Merlin survived, between the plugsuit's Gandr, Jeanne's stun, Merlin's party Invincible, and Jeanne's NP, which I was dropping almost every turn. Finally, at 120-something turns, I saw my window. I threw out Merlin's buffs, plus the plugsuit's ATK Up, and went with a Jeanne chain - not an NP chain, just a regular BAA chain. It was extremely gratifying to see Jeanne do over 2mil in a single turn. Then it was over.

So, yeah. That was a bear. Now it's back to farming to finish off a certain Bodhisattva.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I myself beat her in 50 turns. Probably didn't have to wait that long before pulling Jerker to the frontlines, but I kept being scared of pulling her in too early and losing my opportunity since I'd be giving Jerker a command seal to get her to NP.

Otherwise, my team was Jeanne, Mash, Tristan, d'Eon, the aforementionned Jerker and a support Merlin. Mash was deleted by a freak crit on the turn KP changed the team debuff to the def down one, so Tristan jumped in and tanked like a boss for fifty turns.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

I threw 3 tickets and a 10-roll at Kingprotea, since that's all I've managed to build up. I got Atalante instead.

When it comes to the event, I seem to be lagging a bit behind everyone. I just rescued Passionlip recently and haven't gotten to play much in the last couple days. Hope I can still clear in time because I really want BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

And my streak ends at 269 rolls. Threw my weekly Summon Ticket at the Melt banner, see a silver Lancer card pop up, think 'blech, 3 more green cubes for me' and tap the screen... Leading into a new Servant cutscene. Enkidu joined the party. While he... They? Aren't my favourite Servant aesthetically (kind of simple and bland is all), they've got great animations and are overall a pretty fantastic Servant (debatably the best all-around ST Lancer in the game). Certainly Enkidu slots beautifully into the Cu Patrol for a tanky as hell squad of Archer killers, and they probably simply obsolete Summer Kiyohime as my premier ST Lancer in all circumstances (the only real advantage Kiyo has is Skill Seal on her NP. Even with her Buster steroids she struggles to outshine Enkidu's NP, and it takes her way more time to charge one up).

Would have preferred Melt, I actually really like her aesthetic and my Lancer game is by no means weak between the Cu Patrol, Kiyohime and Lalter, but I am by no means displeased with this result. Don't have any Lancer XP cards saved up thanks to my work on Cu number 2, but they can have anything left over after BB's levelled up and I might just spring for 50 from Da Vinci's shop to get Enkidu up to speed even faster.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I completed the Kiara boss fight. I think I was overestimating it in my head.

Reasonably speaking I think I only needed to remove the [5% NP down per turn] and [50% Arts resistance]. With Jeanne, Sitonai, and Merlin it was a moderately paced 30 turns, but with no real risk of defeat. Obviously with Jeanne there losing NP% at the wrong time would've screwed the whole pooch, much like the Raikou/Shuten Douji fight back in Shimousa.

Still, I really like this concept of being able to buy debuffs as a method to choose your own difficulty level, especially as there's only a trivially minor penalty if you want to reselect the debuffs so you can do a different strategy or just see what harder difficulty is like. It reminds me of that Airbuster boss in FF7 where you can do the steps to disempower it or not.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

So, we're reaching page 50, do we agree on Salty Theoretical Phenomenon? There's still time to change the thread's name~

I rolled 30 SQ and 14 tickets, I got no gaoo~, which is sad but I can't afford to go nuts on the gacha, Nobuvenger is right at the corner (not really) and I want to spend some rainbow apples on her before the big day all the way in halloween.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Beat Kingprotea! And it only took me about four tries too.

First Try: Learned about the health debuff, and thus it was really bad to have Support Merlin on the front line. Still played it through to see how things went before moving on.

Second Try: Learned that the health debuff could not be cleansed and thus I needed to switch to the plug suit.

Third Try: Forgot to rearrange my team, so I immediately withdrew.

Fourth Try: Rearranged my team to it was Mash - Chloe - Cu Classic - Merlin - Salter - Sitonai.

Made it all the way through to the first cache clear before dying. Looked at the time remaining in the event. Looked at my Command Seals. Decided what the hell, let's see how far I can go. Burned all three. Immediately burned all three NP. Realized that I didn't have 5 turns off 5 turns on, I had 1 turn off, 5 turns on. Oops. Still using the same strategy as the first time around, I went for 3 cycles, losing Mash and Merlin and in a super luck break, losing Mash early so Salter would take over just in time for the third cache clear. All CD are up. Three NPs standing ready. Did some rough math, double checked what everyone's NP did when supercharged. Decided to go for it, and if it failed, pray that Sitonai could do 2 Million damage on the fourth cache clear. Popped Attack up from plug suit, Salter. Popped Projection on Chloe. Popped Mana Burst on Salter. Order of NP: Chloe, Cu Classic, Salter. Chloe does just over a Million Damage. Cu does around 700 K. Kingprotea guards the defense down and my heart stops. Salter goes off, and I lose track of the ticks, can't tell how much it was. Dust clears, Kingprotea has 0 HP and Salter barely cleared 300 K damage.

Gotta say, this was a really fun boss fight. And now I really really want Kingprotea.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2021-02-26 at 04:54 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Completed the event at a nice relaxed pace, just need to finish the cage of the fallen and the bonus quest. Managed to get enough chips to buy everything in the shop besides materials be I have over 100 of, and about 6 mil qp before I stopped using event CEs and focused on fast clears for the last section.

Didn't pull KP but I did get Tristan which is the last knight for me besides lancertoria and Arthur

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

I'm 120 AP before I've cleared absolutely every last mission.

According to the wiki, clearing the shop - excluding the statues - is 5405 AP. Though that's ignoring event Servants and gacha CEs which would drop that somewhat. Natural regen during this event time is 5420 AP.

So, I'm pretty sure I can get away with foregoing Apples, or at worst using one or two Silver Apples. However weird and unnatural that may feel.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

There's one time in this event that I used a bunch of apples, and it was when all I had left to do was beat neutral servants. I would have had to farm the same mission for days since I had somehow not beat a lot of neutral servants, so I just used apples to get through it in one day and finish Kiara afterwards.

I'm done with the event now, only things in the shop are stuff I don't need, so I've moved on to other things, like the new rank ups.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm finding this event exhausting and many of the fights frustrating, and I cannot wait for it to be over.

I threw some summons at the Kingprotea banner, and while I did not get her I got both Tristan and Gawain instead. So my Round Table is starting to look pretty full, as just about the only one I'm missing is actual Artoria (but Arthur Prototype can fill in, I suppose).
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

I'm just farming shop currency now, and looking ahead to the Kama event.

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

So one of Cleopatra's attacks is moonwalking and than posing. That's just so utterly ridiculous. Why did no one warn me of how ridiculous that is?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

Cleo's mostly a Jojo reference. I mean, there are a number of Jojo references in FGO, but between the dramatic posing and her snake Stand she's especially Jojo.

On another note, I love the Saul Bass-inspired intro for the JP Chaldea Boys Collection event.