New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Huh, this was the first day of the banner, but I tossed 9 tickets and got 4 Ibaraki (Lancer) copies. I was totally expecting something, like dissapointment, but not this. I understand she is by no means bad, but anyone has some feeback on (summer) banana oni loli?

Also, this event is hilarious, but very time-consuming if you are rushing it. I have done 10 loops up until now and just got the best kohai CC (which places my points at 500k each, at least). I'm just bracing myself for the day of truth next week (I'm actually gonna wait for the rotation to have only BB and MHXX to go all in, I don't like Medb in the slightest even in her rider form).
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Firbolg in the Playground

That's what i'm waiting for. BB and MHXX
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

I was talking to my friends when I got the 30th quartz for one last 10 pull. After going 120 quartz in for Jeanne and not getting anything I was expecting nothing. I waffled a bit between saving it and going for Jeanne but I realized I like Jeanne better than xx and bb. So I just went for Jeanne.... And miraculously I got Jeanne now with 100% more dophines!

The down side is that she is soaking up the skill materials for skadi and Valkyrie. But that is a small price
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-08-07 at 01:13 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the FGO gacha is nowhere near as bad as the game I used to play, Summoners War. Chance for 5* summons in that game is ~1/200, and there is a) no rate-up for specific summons, b) significantly less benefit to summoning duplicates, c) a heavy PVP and therefore P2W aspect to the game (though not the worst I've seen).

I get frustrated as hell with the summons in this game sometimes, such as when I failed to get Skadi after dumping hundreds of SQ and dozens of tickets and coming up empty-handed, but it doesn't compare to summoning for 6 months straight in SW and getting nothing, quitting the game for a month before hearing about a guaranteed 5* event, and getting a useless 4th copy of a monster I barely used anyway.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I've thrown some tickets and SQ at the current banners, but I think I'm going to stop and wait for either MHXX or BB. I don't care for Jeanne archer (the dolphins thing is kinda neat but she seems weak and I don't like her as a character), have little interest in assassin Ushi or lancer Ibaraki, and actively despise Medb.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, I've thrown some tickets and SQ at the current banners, but I think I'm going to stop and wait for either MHXX or BB. I don't care for Jeanne archer (the dolphins thing is kinda neat but she seems weak and I don't like her as a character), have little interest in assassin Ushi or lancer Ibaraki, and actively despise Medb.
    yeah... that attack stat is pretty low, she definitely needs her skills at a high level to do good damage on that NP. on the bright side, her skills are all damage buffs. though they are relatively selfish. though the charisma is a more generic version of avenger jeanne alter's.

also the 5 star rate is a constant 1/100 in this game which is kinda bad but not the worst and theser days banner 5 stars are .7% with .3% being generic 5 stars. so that's alright.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-08-07 at 06:18 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

It's a very minor spoiler depending on whatever pace you're doing the event at but...

Spoiler
    Show
    I was surprised to see Gareth pop up for a...cameo, I guess.

I know she's coming next year, but I really didn't expect her of all the many Round Table Servants to be there buying doujin.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's an interesting conundrum. My number one priority here is BB, but I actually like the 4*s on the first banner better. And Archer Jeanne is definitely growing on me. On yet another hand, the 14M downloads campaign shortly after the summer event has Squirtoria, who's much better at her job than Jeanne (and I could really use a 5* ST archer.) Though I actually think I like Medb better than XX - her animations are cool, if nothing else. I've got 537 SQ and 21 tickets left after my initial push (which got me Assassin Ushi and a pile of event CEs) so I can probably get some of what I want, but I'm going to have to figure out my priorities and make my bets.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2020-08-07 at 09:50 PM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've hit 500,000 in Technique and inspiration, and decided to throw another two summon tickets on the fire, just in case I rolled Dantes. Instead, I got a fifth Caster Gil. This makes him my only NP5 in the gold rarities.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    It's a very minor spoiler depending on whatever pace you're doing the event at but...

Spoiler
    Show
    I was surprised to see Gareth pop up for a...cameo, I guess.

I know she's coming next year, but I really didn't expect her of all the many Round Table Servants to be there buying doujin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it was a surprise a couple of years ago when she was teased in Summer 3 JP.

I'm hoarding FP just so I can powersummon some of the new low-rarity servants that are coming~

Reached 800k, 600k and 500k, and just now I was told raids gave more points. Ah well, time to wait.

"**** if I know."

10. - Top - End - #880

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Reached 800k, 600k and 500k, and just now I was told raids gave more points. Ah well, time to wait.
    *pained groan *
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2020-08-09 at 03:15 AM.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I hit 500k on each track and slowed down my grinding because the raids give more points, I just wanted all the other bits out of the way before part two.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #882
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I hate how there's like, 3 of each class in terms of nodes, and my friends list is always filled with the ones for the other 2. I just want to grind Motivation and Gil Bills, and all the Archers are set up for grinding Imagination or Technique. Then I want to farm Technique and Gil Bills, and all the Sabers are set up with Imagination CEs, despite the only Lancer node being Technique only. But for some reason Sabers are the go to class to fight Berserkers I guess. Either way, its near impossible to find the right class with the right CE. Either that, or no one ever looks at what class is for what drop, and simply goes for which character gets the best boost from the CE with zero consideration for the drops.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

I decided to see if I could get BB, I don't have a Moon Cancer and she's the best option between herself and Jinako/Ganesha so It was worth a shot as I have no intention of rolling into next year anyways. So I spent about a 10-roll less than half of the SQ I had and didn't get her, unfortunately.

Though I got MHXX, NP2 Medb, NP2 Tomoe Gozen, and finally a K-Scope. Really happy about the K-Scope.

I'm not going to try for more. as I already went slightly deeper into my SQ supply than I was intending to.

Anyways, the raids were fun. I went into them blind and was quickly trounced by Kiara, then by her again when she suddenly goes for a turn-1 NP. I decided to give Jalter the CE with +20% NP damage and automatic 1HP guts, since Kiara never attacks anyone other than the one she's got her target on it makes it perfectly safe for Jalter to attack her with impunity. Even at then NP1 and at pretty low skill levels she can still do a lot of damage if she's left alone for three turns or so, those burn debuffs really begin to stack at a certain point.

After that I was fine except I lost the battle against the Foreigner BB as... I honestly didn't notice she was a Foreigner and brought Jalter to fight her. I tend to not to consciously register the Class icons when it's the extra classes, they just don't read as easily.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2020-08-10 at 05:20 AM.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

i fought kiara during the day while she was at full power. i do not recomend this. i barely managed to defeat her on the last turn with just a 4 star nero left. while i know defeating her isn't necessary i really need imagination points. i only have a quarter million.

Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

I decided to see if I could get BB, I don't have a Moon Cancer and she's the best option between herself and Jinako/Ganesha so It was worth a shot as I have no intention of rolling into next year anyways. So I spent about a 10-roll less than half of the SQ I had and didn't get her, unfortunately.

Though I got MHXX, NP2 Medb, NP2 Tomoe Gozen, and finally a K-Scope. Really happy about the K-Scope.

I'm not going to try for more. as I already went slightly deeper into my SQ supply than I was intending to.
    I did four 10-pulls. Which was about three more than I wanted to. But I wanted to have more than one MoonCancer. BBasic is good, but BBasic and BBeach would be BBetter.

No dice. No Foreigner either, although to be fair, my Abby and Hokusai are more than sufficient in that department.

I did, however, get a Saber Medb, which I am very tempted to burn out of spite, because there is nothing redeeming about Medb. I mean, even Kiara is scary evil - Medb is just petty.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I did four 10-pulls. Which was about three more than I wanted to. But I wanted to have more than one MoonCancer. BBasic is good, but BBasic and BBeach would be BBetter.

No dice. No Foreigner either, although to be fair, my Abby and Hokusai are more than sufficient in that department.

I did, however, get a Saber Medb, which I am very tempted to burn out of spite, because there is nothing redeeming about Medb. I mean, even Kiara is scary evil - Medb is just petty.
    That's why I'm waiting for MHXX to have a solo rate up. I need my mecha-saberface.

In other news, Raids are dead. The only moderately hard one is Kiara, doubly so if you fight her in the daytime.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm waiting to roll until XX is on her own banner. I ain't letting Medb taint my chances of rolling the servant I really want.

18. - Top - End - #888

NecromancerGirl

Haven't started the raids yet, due to poor timing of the Day/Night cycle I have to do a couple of quests to unlock them. BUT I did do 3 Ten Rolls on the banner, using the last of my SQ. I don't actually hate Medb, so I wasn't going to be sad if I got her. First 10 roll was a bust, maybe a few event CEs. Second got me MHXX, on the 4th card. Third and last one before I broke out my Wallet contained, with no sparkles of any kind, BB! Got both of them, in a few Ten Rolls, with no Medb. Had the materials to get MHXX to 5/5/5, before hitting the Aurora Steel roadblock. Had the materials to get BB to 10/10/6, but had to stop at 8/10/6 as I ran out of QP having miscalculated how much I actually had.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    yeah... that attack stat is pretty low, she definitely needs her skills at a high level to do good damage on that NP. on the bright side, her skills are all damage buffs. though they are relatively selfish. though the charisma is a more generic version of avenger jeanne alter's.

also the 5 star rate is a constant 1/100 in this game which is kinda bad but not the worst and theser days banner 5 stars are .7% with .3% being generic 5 stars. so that's alright.
    Yeah, Summoners War is 1/200 for 5* summons, though you also get a lot more summon chances in that game.

Anyway, I got XX in just 2 tickets, and she's my first Foreigner, so I'm glad for that. Doesn't make up for my salt about missing out on Skadi, but it's nice at least. I still would like to get summer BB, but I actively do not want Medb because she's annoying and I don't need her.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

Oh~

I heard Artoria (Caster) was revealed earlier today, I didn't realize her details were out there. She's... well.

Skill 1 - 20% damage buff for 3-turns, 30% NP gauge increase team-wide. 6-turn CD.

Skill 2 - 30% NP gain team-wide, 20% NP gauge increase for a single ally. 5-turn CD

Skill 3 - Arts Card effectiveness 50% and an additional buff of 50% to Threat to Humanity enemies for a single ally for three turns. This also applies invincibility for one turn. 6-turn CD.

NP - Increases the team's damage between 30-50% depending on level, cleanses debuffs, and provides a buff that prevents Ignore Invincible from working which also stacks with overcharge.

Throw in Tamamo and any of the stronger Arts damage dealers and you can do the kinds of damage you'd normally only see in events with damage-up Servants and CEs, and do so consistently for multiple turns.

21. - Top - End - #891

NecromancerGirl

After Merlin happened for Buster, Skadi for Quick, and Arjuna Alter revised Buster, Arts had become the weakest card, resigned to being stall only, and having lost Mash for all story fights. Its nice to see them stapling Nero Bride, Tamamo, and Merlin together to bring attention back to the little blue cards. Little annoyed they tied it to Artoria, but I will survive.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

I can't help but feel that rather than tamamo, double castertoria is gonna be better cause more np battery and just as good arts buff for looping. It's gonna be skadi all over again but with much more substance outside of pure looping.

The only reason you might use tamamo if you can use double castertoria is for more damage or more sustain if you have say a mega salter fight.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-08-10 at 07:11 PM.

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

Forget about Castoria, have you seen the FSN cast buffs?! DW, just give best doggo his 4th star already!

Spoiler: Brief summary of FSN Buffs
    Show
    Cu Chulainn: Ransa ga shinda got a buff to his Battle Continuation skill, enhancing it by reducing its CD by 1 (which is big already), and adding an attack buff on top of it, granting 20-50% attack depending on remaining HP (the less HP, higher the buff), and considering Irish Heracles isn't uncomfortable at low health (due to his Protection from Arrows, Disengage and his Battle Continuation), he is just nuts. He was already one of the best solo options, now he's just even better.

Heracles: ----___--- got his own version of Guts stacking by improving his Battle Continuation into a 20% buster buff for 5 turns if it is ever procc'd. Now, considering Castle of Snow, big boi just got so much stronger. I'm not sure if his skill guts activates before his bond CE's buffs, but it should, so he's even better now~

Emiya: Actually Satan's Projection skill got a buff (second time it seems), that increases the 40% buff into a solid 50%, and on top of that, Unlimited Budget Works' card type is changed from Buster to Arts for 1 turn. This helps a lot on his chain, and considering the amount of hits on his NP, he's gonna go full NP Spam at least 2 turns in a row if you can crit with Hawkeye. Looks like he's going to love the company of Caster Gil and Castoria~

Arturia: Seiba got a pretty interesting buff to her Mana Burst. Now it grants 30% NP Strength for 1 turn, but wait, there's more! For 1 turn, all her cards are changed from their original card type into Buster. This is big, and a change I expected in FGO a lot sooner, since card manipulation should have been in the game a long time ago. Seiba's gonna hit like a truck more consistently, which is great!

"**** if I know."

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

Forget about Castoria, have you seen the FSN cast buffs?! DW, just give best doggo his 4th star already!

Spoiler: Brief summary of FSN Buffs
    Show
    Cu Chulainn: Ransa ga shinda got a buff to his Battle Continuation skill, enhancing it by reducing its CD by 1 (which is big already), and adding an attack buff on top of it, granting 20-50% attack depending on remaining HP (the less HP, higher the buff), and considering Irish Heracles isn't uncomfortable at low health (due to his Protection from Arrows, Disengage and his Battle Continuation), he is just nuts. He was already one of the best solo options, now he's just even better.

Heracles: ----___--- got his own version of Guts stacking by improving his Battle Continuation into a 20% buster buff for 5 turns if it is ever procc'd. Now, considering Castle of Snow, big boi just got so much stronger. I'm not sure if his skill guts activates before his bond CE's buffs, but it should, so he's even better now~

Emiya: Actually Satan's Projection skill got a buff (second time it seems), that increases the 40% buff into a solid 50%, and on top of that, Unlimited Budget Works' card type is changed from Buster to Arts for 1 turn. This helps a lot on his chain, and considering the amount of hits on his NP, he's gonna go full NP Spam at least 2 turns in a row if you can crit with Hawkeye. Looks like he's going to love the company of Caster Gil and Castoria~

Arturia: Seiba got a pretty interesting buff to her Mana Burst. Now it grants 30% NP Strength for 1 turn, but wait, there's more! For 1 turn, all her cards are changed from their original card type into Buster. This is big, and a change I expected in FGO a lot sooner, since card manipulation should have been in the game a long time ago. Seiba's gonna hit like a truck more consistently, which is great!
    All this makes me think the game difficulty will increase in response. Either that or this is in response to the level of difficulty the game is already at in Japan.

25. - Top - End - #895

Burned the bulk of my stash - about 300 SQ and 20 tickets - on the new banner and no dice. Ended up with two Medbs, one XX, and Stheno for my trouble. At this point, I'm not sure if I want to keep going on that banner (probably waiting until a XX-only day, two Medbs is plenty,) redirect to the first banner (Archer Jeanne seems cool, and I like the 4* options better) or hold out and try for Squirtoria (probably the most actually useful option, since my archer game is weak and I already have standard BB.)

I also underestimated the event requirements - I've got about 200-some k of each type. The guide was a little unclear of what the unlock requirements were, guess I should have hunkered down and worked through some apples.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Burned the bulk of my stash - about 300 SQ and 20 tickets - on the new banner and no dice. Ended up with two Medbs, one XX, and Stheno for my trouble. At this point, I'm not sure if I want to keep going on that banner (probably waiting until a XX-only day, two Medbs is plenty,) redirect to the first banner (Archer Jeanne seems cool, and I like the 4* options better) or hold out and try for Squirtoria (probably the most actually useful option, since my archer game is weak and I already have standard BB.)

I also underestimated the event requirements - I've got about 200-some k of each type. The guide was a little unclear of what the unlock requirements were, guess I should have hunkered down and worked through some apples.
    You still have time, and part 2 is actually pretty quick and very light on ap.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #897
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Rolled twice fully expecting to get some free gold cubes but thankfully she didn't tarnish my rolls but neither did the two i wanted so i am going to wait for the banner with only BB and MHXX before i roll again. Did reach the point on a couple of CEs where i want to roll more so i can maybe MLB them as a couple are up to three now.

Till now i have enjoyed resource track events, this one not so much since its three tracks and the story is locked behind a lot of resource, so onerous...
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Forget about Castoria
    Never.

, have you seen the FSN cast buffs?! DW, just give best doggo his 4th star already!
    Yeah, it's just that unlike with Castoria me knowing they're coming doesn't change that it's still two years away. While what SQ I'll have in the summer of 2022 is very much a question I'll be asking myself after every time I spin the gacha from now on.

I was thinking - like a lot of people, apparently - that Artoria would get some kind of Avalon-themed survival buff, but turning all her cards Buster is a much more interesting development for what is such a profoundly vanilla Servant.

I wonder if it'd work with BB's card lock ability? I suppose it wouldn't... but it would be cool.

29. - Top - End - #899

NecromancerGirl

Never.

I was thinking - like a lot of people, apparently - that Artoria would get some kind of Avalon-themed survival buff, but turning all her cards Buster is a much more interesting development for what is such a profoundly vanilla Servant.

I wonder if it'd work with BB's card lock ability? I suppose it wouldn't... but it would be cool.
    I can see it locking those particular cards, while her skill overwrites them to be buster. So they would for example be like, the two arts cards and a buster, BB would lock them in, then Artoria would swap them to be all Buster, but the turn after they would be back to the Arts cards they were before, but still in the hand.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I can see it locking those particular cards, while her skill overwrites them to be buster. So they would for example be like, the two arts cards and a buster, BB would lock them in, then Artoria would swap them to be all Buster, but the turn after they would be back to the Arts cards they were before, but still in the hand.
    That's my presumption too, as BB doesn't literally lock the cards on the screen so much as prevent them from being reshuffled each turn.

Still, this is a new mechanic as far as I'm aware, worth testing how it's programmed.