Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1456
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    The real hell is grinding the mats to level up skills.

    I hit the QP cap multiple times during Quetzmas, and had to level skills to keep going.
    I wasn't even aware there was a QP cap. You magnificent monster you.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Hunter Noventa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I wasn't even aware there was a QP cap. You magnificent monster you.
    999,999,999.

    My second archive is also stuffed with gold embers waiting for a new servant to gobble up. But I got pretty unlucky in that regard on the GSSR and event banners. I picked up Nezha, who is new, but the event and New Year's embers were enough for her.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

    Factotum Variants!

  3. - Top - End - #1353
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    So, one last go at the New Years banner, and I got so lucky. I rolled for Shishou, and a double sided silver lancer appeared. It was Valkyrie. Feeling my luck was up, I watched 3 CEs come through, then suddenly a second double sided lancer appeared. SHISHOU!!! Getting 2 gold lancers, both off double sided silvers was an amazing surprise.

    So now my question is: What order to level her skills in? I have enough to max all 3, but it would leave me quite low in hearts until Summer, which is when I need another big batch of them. Good news is, by that time I would have rebuilt my supply, and using the two shops of hearts would very much have enough. So I guess I'm just going to go for it, and let future me find the hearts for Merlin.

    In other news, some friends pointed me to a very questionable thing called Fate/Grand Order Dual. Basically a tabletop version of FGO, which uses figures sold in blind boxes to play an almost X-Wing like game apparently. But the real reason is each set has 5 possible figures to get, and due to me having crazy luck with Ramses they pushed me to buy a box of that set. Since the set also contained Nero, Nitocris, Ushiwakamaru, and Benki, I said sure, as all of those are ones I would like. The issue then is I looked at another set, and saw another figure I wanted, this time with 2-3 duds, and I stupidly bought one of those as well. Only 15$ each, and I get an actual physical product, but its still a bit of a risk. So those are coming in the mail in a few weeks, will post an update when I get them. Here's hoping I get Summer Raikou in that risky box.

  4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    So, one last go at the New Years banner, and I got so lucky. I rolled for Shishou, and a double sided silver lancer appeared. It was Valkyrie. Feeling my luck was up, I watched 3 CEs come through, then suddenly a second double sided lancer appeared. SHISHOU!!! Getting 2 gold lancers, both off double sided silvers was an amazing surprise.

    So now my question is: What order to level her skills in? I have enough to max all 3, but it would leave me quite low in hearts until Summer, which is when I need another big batch of them. Good news is, by that time I would have rebuilt my supply, and using the two shops of hearts would very much have enough. So I guess I'm just going to go for it, and let future me find the hearts for Merlin.

    In other news, some friends pointed me to a very questionable thing called Fate/Grand Order Dual. Basically a tabletop version of FGO, which uses figures sold in blind boxes to play an almost X-Wing like game apparently. But the real reason is each set has 5 possible figures to get, and due to me having crazy luck with Ramses they pushed me to buy a box of that set. Since the set also contained Nero, Nitocris, Ushiwakamaru, and Benki, I said sure, as all of those are ones I would like. The issue then is I looked at another set, and saw another figure I wanted, this time with 2-3 duds, and I stupidly bought one of those as well. Only 15$ each, and I get an actual physical product, but its still a bit of a risk. So those are coming in the mail in a few weeks, will post an update when I get them. Here's hoping I get Summer Raikou in that risky box.
    An X-Wing style FGO game sounds really cool. I'd be pretty interested in that, and maybe I should look to see if there is a mod for Tabletop Simulator that'll let me try it. Sadly I strongly doubt that I could actually find enough people in my community to give it a shot though.

    Anyways, I decided to take another shot at getting Scatharch. And I got so lucky. I didn't get her, but instead I picked up both Saber Diamund, and more importantly Fran, who is quite possibly my favorite Berserker. Feeling lucky, I threw 5 Summon tickets in, and got Berserker Lancelot as well!

    So sorry, Ibaraki, but you've been replaced twice over. I'm going to need to grind out a lot of Berserker embers, so you've got some time, but it's time I got some real Berserkers.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    In other news, some friends pointed me to a very questionable thing called Fate/Grand Order Dual. Basically a tabletop version of FGO, which uses figures sold in blind boxes to play an almost X-Wing like game apparently. But the real reason is each set has 5 possible figures to get, and due to me having crazy luck with Ramses they pushed me to buy a box of that set. Since the set also contained Nero, Nitocris, Ushiwakamaru, and Benki, I said sure, as all of those are ones I would like. The issue then is I looked at another set, and saw another figure I wanted, this time with 2-3 duds, and I stupidly bought one of those as well. Only 15$ each, and I get an actual physical product, but its still a bit of a risk. So those are coming in the mail in a few weeks, will post an update when I get them. Here's hoping I get Summer Raikou in that risky box.
    FGO Duel is a thing that has been around for a minute. The figurines are apparently quality and the rules are available online.

    I do not like blind boxes, though.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    I saw some once on sale and they did look good but the chance of getting a lemon was too high when you were hoping for a good character.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  7. - Top - End - #1357
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    So I've got a question about Summoning. If one banner has Illya & Miyu drop chance up, and another banner has Illya & Miyu & Lily Medea drop chance up, does the banner with Lily Medea have less of a chance of getting Illya or Miyu? Or to put it another way, does increasing the number of characters with a chance up to be drawn decrease every other character?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  8. - Top - End - #1358
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So I've got a question about Summoning. If one banner has Illya & Miyu drop chance up, and another banner has Illya & Miyu & Lily Medea drop chance up, does the banner with Lily Medea have less of a chance of getting Illya or Miyu? Or to put it another way, does increasing the number of characters with a chance up to be drawn decrease every other character?
    The chances for a 5 star compared to a 4 star remain the same. The chances that said 4 star will be Miyu or Lily is what changes by rate up. So an Illya + Miyu banner will have the same chance for Illya as a Illya + Miyu + Lily banner, but the chance that a 4 star will be Miyu is smaller in the second then the first. You can check the actual rates in the Summon Info button on the banner page. Be warned, they are depressingly small, but VERY honest, unlike some other games, which claim high odds, but then hide the actual odds in the fine print.

    "We have a 6% chance for a SSR!"
    *fine print says that half of that is for the horribly weak power creeped starting cast. The actually good stuff is half the claimed odds. The sad truth of a game with a PvP arena...

  9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    The chances for a 5 star compared to a 4 star remain the same. The chances that said 4 star will be Miyu or Lily is what changes by rate up. So an Illya + Miyu banner will have the same chance for Illya as a Illya + Miyu + Lily banner, but the chance that a 4 star will be Miyu is smaller in the second then the first. You can check the actual rates in the Summon Info button on the banner page. Be warned, they are depressingly small, but VERY honest, unlike some other games, which claim high odds, but then hide the actual odds in the fine print.

    "We have a 6% chance for a SSR!"
    *fine print says that half of that is for the horribly weak power creeped starting cast. The actually good stuff is half the claimed odds. The sad truth of a game with a PvP arena...
    Okay, so going by the current banner, if I get a 5 Star it's almost guaranteed to be Illya, but the odds of getting a 5 Star remain the same.

    Illya is the main one I want, but I do like both Miyu and Lily Medea too. Of course with all of them being Casters, it'll be a long time before I'd use either Miyu or Lily M, so maybe I just shouldn't worry about it. I mean, the current leveling list would go like this: Illya->Lord El Melloi->Miyu/Lily Medea.

    Though of the two, I think Lily Medea might be better. Am I wrong about that?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Okay, so going by the current banner, if I get a 5 Star it's almost guaranteed to be Illya, but the odds of getting a 5 Star remain the same.
    "almost guaranteed" seems a bit optimistic. I'd go with pretty likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Illya is the main one I want, but I do like both Miyu and Lily Medea too. Of course with all of them being Casters, it'll be a long time before I'd use either Miyu or Lily M, so maybe I just shouldn't worry about it. I mean, the current leveling list would go like this: Illya->Lord El Melloi->Miyu/Lily Medea.
    Waver's probably better to level his skills than Illya, assuming you need to make a choice between them.

    Having 10/10/10 skills for Waver means a much lower downtime for all of his buffs and having that team-wide NP battery available as quickly as possible, besides making all those buffs more potent.

    While of course having her skills at 10/10/10 would be preferable to not doing that, Illya doesn't necessarily need them there to do work. Her main purpose is to burst down a single-target with Buster damage, and for that the second and third skills are only marginally as useful since they don't really scale that well. Her third skill especially is underwhelming, as its chance to activate its additional buffs are static regardless of level, you'd just be slightly increasing the HP healed... and an additional 2000 HP isn't terribly significant in the late game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Though of the two, I think Lily Medea might be better. Am I wrong about that?
    Miyu has a very strong NP - Merlin's essentially - with a terrible demerit that can't really be mitigated unless you get her to NP5, and skills that unfortunately largely work to get her NP off as much as possible and little else. She's a "you really need to work around her"-kind of Servant, and works well for farming within certain team compositions since she can offer a lot so long as you don't reasonably expect her to take much damage.

    Medea Lily's great for the first couple of singularities where healing is more effective (since the HP bars are all relatively low) and works for certain challenge quests where her skills are useful, but lacklustre for the endgame generally. She doesn't do any damage or provide any stars or damage buffs, she just heals & cleanses.

    I think the biggest argument for Miyu is she has direct synergy with Illya and Sitonai. She can remove the chance of failure on their third skill's buffs, give them NP charge both directly and through her NP, and more crit stars to work with. Plus she's limited, as opposed to Medea Lily.

    The biggest argument for Medea Lily would be she is a White Mage as advertised, and that can be very useful when you really need it.

  11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Miyu has a very strong NP - Merlin's essentially - with a terrible demerit that can't really be mitigated unless you get her to NP5, and skills that unfortunately largely work to get her NP off as much as possible and little else. She's a "you really need to work around her"-kind of Servant, and works well for farming within certain team compositions since she can offer a lot so long as you don't reasonably expect her to take much damage.
    This is putting it charitably. She's not "Merlin essentially but with a terrible demerit," she's actually more like "Merlin but terrible." Her stats are solidly average, her skills are mostly selfish aside from a targetable NP charge, they're also bad for a support Caster - I mean, Arts up and crit damage up for a class not known for its damage? - and her NP is...

    Okay. On the one hand, it's a buff on her, which means that it benefits Servants that swap in. That's useful. On the other hand, it is just a knock-off Merlin NP, and losing 3000 HP every time you cast it - that's 1/4 of her HP before Fous or Grails - means that while it's spammable, it's also pretty lethal. And again, if she dies - which is more likely thanks to the 3000 HP hit she took - the buff vanishes for everybody.

    She's a precious cinnamon roll, and importantly, to our knowledge she is at Fujino levels of rarity, so if you roll for love, this is definitely the time to do it. But if you care about meta or saving your SQ, the general consensus is that Miyu is... well... pretty bad. Really, disappointingly bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Medea Lily's great for the first couple of singularities where healing is more effective (since the HP bars are all relatively low) and works for certain challenge quests where her skills are useful, but lacklustre for the endgame generally. She doesn't do any damage or provide any stars or damage buffs, she just heals & cleanses.
    Lily is specifically a heal Caster. These aren't particularly common, because healing isn't generally useful, but yes, there are times that it is, and in those times she's great. She is also sometimes an Event Servant, which is more than I can say for Miyu, and that makes her useful even on the backline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I think the biggest argument for Miyu is she has direct synergy with Illya and Sitonai. She can remove the chance of failure on their third skill's buffs, give them NP charge both directly and through her NP, and more crit stars to work with. Plus she's limited, as opposed to Medea Lily.

    The biggest argument for Medea Lily would be she is a White Mage as advertised, and that can be very useful when you really need it.
    Pretty much this. Miyu has one skill that benefits Illya directly - her third, which increases NP and buff success rate. This is good for Illya to be better able to spam her NP, and it boosts the otherwise 70% success rate of Illya's third skill. These are both things Illya needs - she lacks an NP charge button (although she does have an NP gen up button), and she needs her third skill to offset the demerits of her NP. So that synergy is somewhat valuable, if you are building a team around an Illya-continental ballistic missile.

    Medea Lily, on the other hand, is a white mage with a niche and the occasional event bonus.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    I'd say that debuff cleanse is getting more and more valuable due to a lot of boss gimmicks involving debuffs on your team. So at the very least, there's always a place for her in tricky fights.

  13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    "almost guaranteed" seems a bit optimistic. I'd go with pretty likely.



    Waver's probably better to level his skills than Illya, assuming you need to make a choice between them.

    Having 10/10/10 skills for Waver means a much lower downtime for all of his buffs and having that team-wide NP battery available as quickly as possible, besides making all those buffs more potent.

    While of course having her skills at 10/10/10 would be preferable to not doing that, Illya doesn't necessarily need them there to do work. Her main purpose is to burst down a single-target with Buster damage, and for that the second and third skills are only marginally as useful since they don't really scale that well. Her third skill especially is underwhelming, as its chance to activate its additional buffs are static regardless of level, you'd just be slightly increasing the HP healed... and an additional 2000 HP isn't terribly significant in the late game.



    Miyu has a very strong NP - Merlin's essentially - with a terrible demerit that can't really be mitigated unless you get her to NP5, and skills that unfortunately largely work to get her NP off as much as possible and little else. She's a "you really need to work around her"-kind of Servant, and works well for farming within certain team compositions since she can offer a lot so long as you don't reasonably expect her to take much damage.

    Medea Lily's great for the first couple of singularities where healing is more effective (since the HP bars are all relatively low) and works for certain challenge quests where her skills are useful, but lacklustre for the endgame generally. She doesn't do any damage or provide any stars or damage buffs, she just heals & cleanses.

    I think the biggest argument for Miyu is she has direct synergy with Illya and Sitonai. She can remove the chance of failure on their third skill's buffs, give them NP charge both directly and through her NP, and more crit stars to work with. Plus she's limited, as opposed to Medea Lily.

    The biggest argument for Medea Lily would be she is a White Mage as advertised, and that can be very useful when you really need it.
    Sitonai remains a black hole of skill upgrades, eating up all my available tokens. So Illya will likely remain at 1/1/1 for quite some time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    This is putting it charitably. She's not "Merlin essentially but with a terrible demerit," she's actually more like "Merlin but terrible." Her stats are solidly average, her skills are mostly selfish aside from a targetable NP charge, they're also bad for a support Caster - I mean, Arts up and crit damage up for a class not known for its damage? - and her NP is...

    Okay. On the one hand, it's a buff on her, which means that it benefits Servants that swap in. That's useful. On the other hand, it is just a knock-off Merlin NP, and losing 3000 HP every time you cast it - that's 1/4 of her HP before Fous or Grails - means that while it's spammable, it's also pretty lethal. And again, if she dies - which is more likely thanks to the 3000 HP hit she took - the buff vanishes for everybody.

    She's a precious cinnamon roll, and importantly, to our knowledge she is at Fujino levels of rarity, so if you roll for love, this is definitely the time to do it. But if you care about meta or saving your SQ, the general consensus is that Miyu is... well... pretty bad. Really, disappointingly bad.



    Lily is specifically a heal Caster. These aren't particularly common, because healing isn't generally useful, but yes, there are times that it is, and in those times she's great. She is also sometimes an Event Servant, which is more than I can say for Miyu, and that makes her useful even on the backline.



    Pretty much this. Miyu has one skill that benefits Illya directly - her third, which increases NP and buff success rate. This is good for Illya to be better able to spam her NP, and it boosts the otherwise 70% success rate of Illya's third skill. These are both things Illya needs - she lacks an NP charge button (although she does have an NP gen up button), and she needs her third skill to offset the demerits of her NP. So that synergy is somewhat valuable, if you are building a team around an Illya-continental ballistic missile.

    Medea Lily, on the other hand, is a white mage with a niche and the occasional event bonus.
    Alright, sounds like Medea Lily would actually be useful, so I'll roll on that banner, but I certainly wouldn't be complaining if I got Miyu, I do like her as a character and I'd want her if I'm making an Illya team.

    For Illya though, I think I'll normally pair her with regular Medea, and just use the Debuff removal skill. Also I do like Medea for just getting rid of annoying buffs.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Hunter Noventa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Alright, sounds like Medea Lily would actually be useful, so I'll roll on that banner, but I certainly wouldn't be complaining if I got Miyu, I do like her as a character and I'd want her if I'm making an Illya team.

    For Illya though, I think I'll normally pair her with regular Medea, and just use the Debuff removal skill. Also I do like Medea for just getting rid of annoying buffs.
    Medea Lily is great, and I was able to do that gimmick fight against Yu without cheese thanks to her debuff cleansing, which is the more important part of her kit in recent times.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

    Factotum Variants!

  15. - Top - End - #1365
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    I was able to use Medea Lily to great effect in the final boss battle of Agartha. Her, Mash, and a Support Jeanne were literally unkillable. Took 108 turns, but it worked amazingly.

    Miyu often gets called "worse merlin" but people also tend to compare her to Hans. Yes, the 2 star caster. And sadly, Hans more often comes out on top. You dont even need to roll for Miyu if you want buff chance success on Illya or Sitonai. Chloe the gift archer has that effect on one of her skills after you upgrade it. So I say roll for Illya and Medea Lily, then spend some time upgrading Hans for Merlin Lite abilities, and use Chloe for the Illya buffs.

  16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I was able to use Medea Lily to great effect in the final boss battle of Agartha. Her, Mash, and a Support Jeanne were literally unkillable. Took 108 turns, but it worked amazingly.

    Miyu often gets called "worse merlin" but people also tend to compare her to Hans. Yes, the 2 star caster. And sadly, Hans more often comes out on top. You dont even need to roll for Miyu if you want buff chance success on Illya or Sitonai. Chloe the gift archer has that effect on one of her skills after you upgrade it. So I say roll for Illya and Medea Lily, then spend some time upgrading Hans for Merlin Lite abilities, and use Chloe for the Illya buffs.
    While that's true, a Chloe + Illya &/or Sitonai team is pretty awkward in terms of Class. Are you going to bring Chloe who does neutral damage to Assassins, Riders, and Casters just so you can win against the RNG?

    Plus Chloe's skill only works for odds on Illyas, whereas Miyu will help any RNG-based skill activation. At 40% increased buff odds, that's sufficient to guarantee any kind of Imperial Privilege gets activated.

    Edit: I spent the single ticket I got from Miyu's trial quest. Gold Caster card shows up, and of course it was Miyu.

    I just wanted one more 3-star CE so I could MLB it, honestly. I got nothing from over 20,000 FP summons and kind of got sick of spinning for more. I can't really afford to level her skills now anyways, I'm pretty poor in Caster Secret Gems and Void Dust.

    Still, I'll now have the whole Illya line-up. I mean, technically, via Sitonai.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2021-01-20 at 03:36 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    So I burned 90 SQ and about 24 Summon Tickets, but I scored big. I got both Medea Lily and Miyu, but more importantly, I got two Illyas!

    Plus I got Medusa up to NP level 5, and Cu Classic up to NP level 4. So that's a really nice bonus to boot.

    I also got Osakabihime, who looks to be a support assassin. I'm not sure how I feel about them though. If I'm reading their card right, they actually look pretty strong, but I don't think I really need a support assassin? I think Mash already basically does most of what she does anyways.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  18. - Top - End - #1368
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I also got Osakabihime, who looks to be a support assassin. I'm not sure how I feel about them though. If I'm reading their card right, they actually look pretty strong, but I don't think I really need a support assassin? I think Mash already basically does most of what she does anyways.
    Osakabehime is a pretty solid Quick and Buster support with her NP. Also has a form of healing, as well as a giftable NP Charge. Her damage isn't too bad for an assassin, especially a support assassin, so for a bunch of the early game she can be very solid. And she makes any of the many quick assassins hit a lot harder if you combo her NP with theirs. And if you can get her NP upgraded, she does the same for any buster character too.

  19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Osakabehime is a pretty solid Quick and Buster support with her NP. Also has a form of healing, as well as a giftable NP Charge. Her damage isn't too bad for an assassin, especially a support assassin, so for a bunch of the early game she can be very solid. And she makes any of the many quick assassins hit a lot harder if you combo her NP with theirs. And if you can get her NP upgraded, she does the same for any buster character too.
    My big problem with her is Mash. Mash also has a target NP charge, but better because it give invincibility. A non-selfish defense boost, that also almost blocks all the damage from a single attack, and her NP not only boosts defense more than Osakabehime's, but boosts attack for the exact same amount, but for all attacks, not just Quick and Buster.

    So I really am not sure what she brings to the table that Mash doesn't bring. While Mash also has more advantages in costing 0, already being leveled up, and never being at a disadvantage against any opponent.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  20. - Top - End - #1370
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    My big problem with her is Mash. Mash also has a target NP charge, but better because it give invincibility. A non-selfish defense boost, that also almost blocks all the damage from a single attack, and her NP not only boosts defense more than Osakabehime's, but boosts attack for the exact same amount, but for all attacks, not just Quick and Buster.

    So I really am not sure what she brings to the table that Mash doesn't bring. While Mash also has more advantages in costing 0, already being leveled up, and never being at a disadvantage against any opponent.
    And that is very true. But a team is more then just one or two, its a full three. So there's always the option to bring both Mash and Osakabehime, and use them to support a buster or quick character, for full survival and power. Which early on, using your own supports to boost a friend list powerhouse, is a very viable strategy. The real issue long run is Osakabehime isn't nearly as good as either Skadi or Merlin, splitting the difference yet never matching either. But in the few times you want/need all three of Merlin, Mash, and Skadi, yet can only fit one in, Osakabe can possibly fill that role. Its rare, but she has a use. Personally I just like her cause shes just a shut in nerd who only puts effort into drawing manga and finding ways to avoid work, who basically got drafted to save the world and wants very little of it. Her idle animation in battle is her starting to fall asleep cause she stayed up late browsing twitter/pixiv or reading manga. I just find her very relatable that way.

  21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    And that is very true. But a team is more then just one or two, its a full three. So there's always the option to bring both Mash and Osakabehime, and use them to support a buster or quick character, for full survival and power. Which early on, using your own supports to boost a friend list powerhouse, is a very viable strategy. The real issue long run is Osakabehime isn't nearly as good as either Skadi or Merlin, splitting the difference yet never matching either. But in the few times you want/need all three of Merlin, Mash, and Skadi, yet can only fit one in, Osakabe can possibly fill that role. Its rare, but she has a use. Personally I just like her cause shes just a shut in nerd who only puts effort into drawing manga and finding ways to avoid work, who basically got drafted to save the world and wants very little of it. Her idle animation in battle is her starting to fall asleep cause she stayed up late browsing twitter/pixiv or reading manga. I just find her very relatable that way.
    I'm curious what you consider to be early game. Anyways, Osakabehime's NEET tendencies are kinda why I don't want to use her. Not because that particularly bothers me, but more that I don't want to force her outside.

    Speaking of animations though, I'm pretty disappointed in Fran's. Her animations are pretty basic, and she doesn't even have three distinct Buster animations. Worse, one of them is just the second half of her Arts animation. So really, she has 1.5 Buster animations. Her Noble Phantasm is pretty basic too. She just taps her weapon on the ground and than we get lightning strikes on the enemy squad.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NeoPhoenix0's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cloudcuckooland

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Sadly Fran is in an awkward position for animation. She came out after a lot of the early servants who were extremely lackluster, but before they put a ton of effort into a majority of servants. The best we can hope is that if they do an event that has her as one of the more prominent characters and they update her event either on that release or the rerun of it. Or that on one of the anniversaries they run out of older servant animations to update and decide to update hers. Though leonidas still needs an update if I remember correctly.

    Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

  23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tijuana, México.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Forgot to post this, but I rolled a ticket I got from defeating the first World Boss in the event, and got Miyu! Sadly, unless you can hyperheal her, she constantly drops to critical HP levels when spamming her NP.

    Still triggers Illya's best dialogue so she's fine.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

    "**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

    Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

  24. - Top - End - #1374
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    I put 4 10 rolls into the banners, 1 on the first, and 3 on the second. First ten roll pulls Miyu and my 3rd D'Eon. Then a few days later I try for Illya. No Illya, but I got a 2nd Magical Girl of Sapphire CE, a few more 4 Star CE so I can MLB it, and my 4th copy of Medea Lily. Guess I need to find time to invest in Miyu, then run Mash, Medea Lily and Miyu for some fun crazy stall.

  25. - Top - End - #1375
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Spent more of my SQ stash than I planned on the banners, got two Miyus and a second Fran, out of four 10-pulls and some tickets. I also got three Magical Girl of Sapphire CEs, which is a little awkward because it seems pretty questionable on its own - not that much stronger than MLB Jeweled Sword for a much higher cost - but would be pretty good if I could MLB it. I got enough early on that I kept thinking I could swing it if I just summoned a few more. Unfortunately, I think it's time to step away from the summon button for my own good.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2021-01-24 at 12:48 AM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

  26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Sadly Fran is in an awkward position for animation. She came out after a lot of the early servants who were extremely lackluster, but before they put a ton of effort into a majority of servants. The best we can hope is that if they do an event that has her as one of the more prominent characters and they update her event either on that release or the rerun of it. Or that on one of the anniversaries they run out of older servant animations to update and decide to update hers. Though leonidas still needs an update if I remember correctly.
    They did just redo Euryale's animations, and I don't think she was involved in any of the recent events. I don't know where she falls along the age of released servants though.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Euryale was released with the game. Frankenstein was late 2017.

    Still, the good news for Frankenstein is - admittedly a ways away for NA - the welfare Servant Santa Karna. His third skill can give three stacks of debuff immunity and 20% NP charge to an ally. So, one vanilla K-Scope. your typical double Skadi setup, and a plug-suit = 3T farming with one of the highest damaging aoe NPs in the game without a Nightingale or a MLB K-Scope.

  28. - Top - End - #1378
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    So I have new D'Eon and a Medea Lily sitting in my inventory, when I already have them leveled. Or rather, I pulled a third D'Eon and a fourth Medea Lily. Is it worth NP Level Up or would it be better to Rare Prism them? If they were damaging NPs then clearly. If it was just a second copy then clearly. But as a third and fourth copy of support NPs, I'm not so sure.

  29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    So I have new D'Eon and a Medea Lily sitting in my inventory, when I already have them leveled. Or rather, I pulled a third D'Eon and a fourth Medea Lily. Is it worth NP Level Up or would it be better to Rare Prism them? If they were damaging NPs then clearly. If it was just a second copy then clearly. But as a third and fourth copy of support NPs, I'm not so sure.
    For Medea Lily you are 500 HP away from hitting the max, and each one gives you another 250 HP. At the level you are at, does her NP giving another 250 HP actually matter? Or rather, 500 HP matter, because if you aren't going to do it now, you'd basically never go for it.


    Also, I can't figure out how to get to Miyu's Trial quest. Am I missing something? I click on Chaldea's Gate where it's advertised, but I can't find it anywhere. And it doesn't seem to be in the shop either. So I'm pretty confused at this point. Does she need to be a certain level or something?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2021-01-26 at 04:31 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  30. - Top - End - #1380
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    So I have new D'Eon and a Medea Lily sitting in my inventory, when I already have them leveled. Or rather, I pulled a third D'Eon and a fourth Medea Lily. Is it worth NP Level Up or would it be better to Rare Prism them? If they were damaging NPs then clearly. If it was just a second copy then clearly. But as a third and fourth copy of support NPs, I'm not so sure.
    I'd say the real question is whether there's something in the rare prism shop that you actually want. Most of the stuff in there isn't actually that great, besides Chaldea Teatime and Mona Lisa, and the occasional RP from welfare reruns can get you those.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •