New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I've never been good at this kind of mystery unless it's made super obvious, so usually if I figure it out at all it's immediately before the official reveal. As it is now I've already suspected three different people.

Until this latest chapter I was thinking it might be Stheno/Juliet herself, but now I don't think so anymore. I'm thinking it could be the mom (whatever Raikou's character is named), because she's already shown she values Juliet's happiness more than the business alliance and because Raikou is usually portrayed as psychotically overprotective. But I'm not at all sure.
    I think I've got it figured out.

Spoiler: Whodunit?
    Show

So, we have our alibis:
    Both family heads, the Doctor and Ann have an alibi in the form of a card game. This is confirmed by Wu, and I fully believe the Company people can be trusted in this case. So, that takes all of them out of the pool of suspects.
    Morris and Chris are dead.
    Juliet was in bed with her sister. I'm inclined to eliminate Juliet on principal, since it's made very clear by Adamska that he would not have gone through with this plan if she was not okay with it and thus she has no motive.
    Cain and Laurie were playing together when the murder happened, were caught by Dorothy and went back to bed. Holmes confirms it as the last piece of evidence he needs, and we see it on-screen so we can trust it. This eliminates all of them.
    Eva says she went to bed around 10, but that doesn't count if nobody vouches for her.

So, that leaves two people on the suspect list: Harriet and Eva. Well, and ourselves, but the detective can't be the killer so get us out of that old suspect list. Plus, unlike the rest of the cast, we didn't know what this was about before it happened and aren't a career criminal, so couldn't have planned things out and gotten our hands on the poison like everyone else.

Now, Chris' dying message clearly implicates a mother, and Juliet's alibi includes her sister. So, obviously that must mean Harriet's out and Eva is the killer... Right? Well, that would have been my conclusion, except that Holmes very carefully indicates that our perceptions of the characters are incorrect and we should challenge our initial assumption, so...

The mother of the Violet family is the killer. It can't be Juliet, we know that, but... Is it actually Eva, like our poor naïve eggplant records for us? Well, I don't think so. Eva blatantly flirts with young men, including the protagonist, right in front of Adamska (who we confirm loves his wife and is loved by her in return). She acts confused when we ask her for 'Mrs. Violet's' alibi. And, most damningly, Juliet specifically points out that she thinks she doesn't look anything like her sister at all... But is the spitting image of her mother. Eva's alibi isn't an alibi at all... Unless you pair it with Juliet's, in which case the two independently confirm each other's alibi. And, maybe just because this was a bit suspicious to me but Morris points out that Juliet's sister is more his type; Harriet and Juliet act pretty similarly over the course of the story while Eva acts like a wild party girl, which totally seems like Morris' type.

Without Mash's the assumption that Eva is the mother, Harriet has plenty of motive and no alibi. Along with Holmes' reminder that all is not as it appears, I'm fairly certain that Harriet, the mother of the Violet family, is the killer.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    before spoiling myself I had it narrowed down to Eva and Harriet. Based on the rules and alibis everyone else is pretty well excused. The clues were pretty well split between Eva and Harriet. Then I had to wrack my brain for ideas and came up with Harriet somehow disguising herself as Eva and a couple similar ideas. I ended up deciding it had to be Harriet then put some clues together. Figured Harriet had to be the mother and not Eva but that didn't make any sense to me.

The specific clues I focused on where Juliet's alibi, Eva's alibi, Harriet's seeming lack of an Alibi, and Juliet questioning if she really looks like her sister.

Spoiler: then I spoiled myseld.
    Show
    Then I spoiled myself on someone else's explanation with the clues from the event that I missed when reading through. Which clearly show the chart mash made was slightly wrong.

I think this story did an excellent job of turning us into Watson by reducing our "intelligence" via imagining all the characters as servants, and using previous bias.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-05-24 at 06:21 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

I went over the logs each time and formed a - what turned out to be correct - hypothesis for who the murderer was. Unfortunately I've thus spoiled myself just to see if I was right before the voting began. However, I didn't and to an extent still don't really know their motivation, just that they were the biggest suspect.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you go over the dialogue Eva is very forward in her sexual advances, even in front of Lancelot/Adamsk her supposed husband. Hell, she even comes onto you at the beach and is vexed that Juliet is getting in the way. Which, well, it's behaviour no one really comments on as... inappropriate for the supposed married mother with two children.

So I could see the family dynamic was messed up - especially in that beach scene with her just before they find the corpse - but some of that could just be normal rich family mystery story toxicity.

It was going back to the log of the interrogation scene in the hallway with Eva, where she's swimsuit Raikou for the first time. You ask for "The Madam's" location in polite terms and Eva replies that "Mother" was X during that time or something similar. Unless she suddenly developed a quirk for speaking in third person then the Violet's family mother was clearly someone else and it's your perceptions going in that were mistaken.

Which meant in all likelihood it was Eva or Harriet. Eva being the killer made no sense, she had no motive - especially to kill Chris - and then the "Mom" dying message sealed it that it couldn't be her. Thus Harriet was the remaining choice.

I'm sure there's a better explanation for why it's not Dorothy beyond that it's too obviously a red-herring on a meta-level, but that there's no perception-trick involved with the Goldie family makes it extremely unlikely from a story-telling perspective.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

Motivation theory spoilers, which I have read in a few discussions that I do not think were from people spoiled by Japan:

Spoiler
    Show
    When Aaron is speaking with you and Juliet, he says that Juliet reminds him of a woman he slept with a long time ago, to the point that he wonders if it might be her. He then says that no, it couldn't be, Juliet is much too young.

Harriet, though, looks almost identical to Juliet. (Which Juliet explicitly says is not true of her twin; they're fraternal, not identical.)

So if Aaron slept with Harriet, and Juliet is his child, then both Morris and Chris would be Juliet's brothers, and thus marrying them would be bad.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Motivation theory spoilers, which I have read in a few discussions that I do not think were from people spoiled by Japan:

Spoiler
    Show
    When Aaron is speaking with you and Juliet, he says that Juliet reminds him of a woman he slept with a long time ago, to the point that he wonders if it might be her. He then says that no, it couldn't be, Juliet is much too young.

Harriet, though, looks almost identical to Juliet. (Which Juliet explicitly says is not true of her twin; they're fraternal, not identical.)

So if Aaron slept with Harriet, and Juliet is his child, then both Morris and Chris would be Juliet's brothers, and thus marrying them would be bad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That fits. So Aaron doesn't actually know Juliet is his child or that Harriet was this lover from his past at all? I guess that's reasonably possible.

Huh, Harriet could've secretly explained the situation to Aaron and they could've married Morris to Eva - who I presume is really Adamsk's daughter and thus not a half-sibling - and the situation would've been over.

It's not like they really needed the eldest siblings to marry for their political needs. They were fine with an arrangement between Laurie and Cain in the future, and Juliet's antipathy to Morris and Eva being much more willing is enough to justify the change in partners.

Edit: Oh, it should also be pointed out that Harriet was the first to suggest Chris' dying message said "Morris", which, if she was confident his body wouldn't be found it would've neatly cleaned up both murders by pinning it on Morris and having him disappear right afterwards.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2020-05-24 at 08:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That fits. So Aaron doesn't actually know Juliet is his child or that Harriet was this lover from his past at all? I guess that's reasonably possible.

Huh, Harriet could've secretly explained the situation to Aaron and they could've married Morris to Eva - who I presume is really Adamsk's daughter and thus not a half-sibling - and the situation would've been over.

It's not like they really needed the eldest siblings to marry for their political needs. They were fine with an arrangement between Laurie and Cain in the future, and Juliet's antipathy to Morris and Eva being much more willing is enough to justify the change in partners.

Edit: Oh, it should also be pointed out that Harriet was the first to suggest Chris' dying message said "Morris", which, if she was confident his body wouldn't be found it would've neatly cleaned up both murders by pinning it on Morris and having him disappear right afterwards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Juliet and Eva are fraternal twins, Juliet mentioned it when everyone was at the beach i think? so Eva is also out of the running for marriage leaving cain as the only violet left for marriage.

Edit: oh right and tonight is the last chapters so i guess you can also get that info from those chapters. they seem to emphasize the word twin a lot there... including the scene i was thinking of... right, i am not needed here...
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-05-26 at 12:00 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Juliet and Eva are fraternal twins, Juliet mentioned it when everyone was at the beach i think? so Eva is also out of the running for marriage leaving cain as the only violet left for marriage.

Edit: oh right and tonight is the last chapters so i guess you can also get that info from those chapters. they seem to emphasize the word twin a lot there... including the scene i was thinking of... right, i am not needed here...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, they did the scene I was referring to as well. The focus on Juliet as Harriet's child made me forget Eva's relationship.

Also the Adam/Eve idea I thought was just the writer's naming gag so you'd remember - like naming the blond family Goldie and the purple-haired family Violet - rather than an actual clue to the identities.

That was nice. When I heard about the Holmes event and people speculating whether we'd get it at all, the image I had in my mind was more of a Doyle-like experience where you follow Sherlock around as a Watson-type in a pulpy theme-park kind of way. Which would've also excused introducing more fights, as the game is want to do.

This was more of an Agatha Christie-ish mystery or... rather, it was like a long-form riddle you get in those mind twist-style party games with logic puzzles or intentionally duplicitous language you have to puzzle out.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Firbolg in the Playground

Was hanging out for the 13m Banner because i liked the look of Anne Bonny and Mary Read Archer as i have come to quite enjoy their Rider version but i used a friends one and now not so much. Don't particularly like how they play (or animate ~ really big rifle that is used as a club more than its used to shoot with...) Will save my quartz for the next thing i guess. Would like Kiyohime Lancer but she is the only one and i can do without a chance of getting the rest that i don't want.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #639
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Wanted a second copy of Mordred Surfer, and thought NP 2 Anne wouldnt hurt though risking NP3 Kiyo was tricky. So i rolled. Gold lancer card made me think the stalker had came. Instead i got a fox wife. And 2 cards after my second Nightengale. Plan to do one more roll on the Mordred only banner, but now to focus on hunting.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Troll in the Playground

I went in pretty hard on this banner with everything I had saved-up. It's purely Servants I don't have and can't easily get normally on 4*+, not to mention attractive girls in swimsuits, so it seemed like a good call. Got Rider Mordred, which is excellent, but otherwise not much. I only had 30 SQ and 5 tickets, though, so it's not like I had a ridiculous amount to spend. I'll probably throw the 10 tickets you get from the master missions at it later, and possibly all the SQ I get as well. Lancer Tamamo would be perfect. Also, I got my hands on a google play card that I really don't have any use for other than funding SQ for an event that catches my eye at some point, so might as well go hard on banners that interest me in the mean-time.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

I wish I had more time today to farm the skeleton farm, it has helped me finish leveling okita but I need a ton of red gems and I want to level more servants so it would be perfect but there will only be an hour left for the quest when I get home from work. If only my day off was today instead of tomorrow.

Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #642
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    I went in pretty hard on this banner with everything I had saved-up. It's purely Servants I don't have and can't easily get normally on 4*+, not to mention attractive girls in swimsuits, so it seemed like a good call. Got Rider Mordred, which is excellent, but otherwise not much. I only had 30 SQ and 5 tickets, though, so it's not like I had a ridiculous amount to spend. I'll probably throw the 10 tickets you get from the master missions at it later, and possibly all the SQ I get as well. Lancer Tamamo would be perfect. Also, I got my hands on a google play card that I really don't have any use for other than funding SQ for an event that catches my eye at some point, so might as well go hard on banners that interest me in the mean-time.
    Save the Google Play card for a few months; the anniversary banner is coming up, and it features a paid-quartz only banner with a guaranteed 5* result.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Save the Google Play card for a few months; the anniversary banner is coming up, and it features a paid-quartz only banner with a guaranteed 5* result.
    Those banners are the only times I spend money on the game since it's the only time I'm guaranteed to get something for my money and it feels like it's the best way to support the devs.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2020-05-27 at 06:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not spending any SQ or tickets until Skadi comes. I took a somewhat calculated dip during the Fate/Apocrypha event and spent a half my tickets on Okita's banner but I'm now really, truly, honestly going to save for her banner. I should be around +400 SQ and +40 tickets by then. Even with that - and I have typically gotten the banner rate-up with that amount - I'm well aware it still could go disastrously pear-shaped, so I'm not lowering my odds at all. At least I can say it's the Gacha which screwed me over and not poor impulse control.

Besides, I've drawn 7 Servants in the last two months plus the two Welfares. From them I still have 3 to level and quite a lot of skills that need raising to get them to be usable beyond as bodies filling the back-line. Even capitalizing on the great success 2x boost, lots of XP from the events, and having spent the last weeks farming XP leading up to this -- having multiple SR and SSR Servants to max level is still so much work. Seeing twenty gold embers sunk into a single Servant and having their level go up by, like... one, is so disheartening.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

I second Friv's advice about using the Google Play card for the guaranteed 5* banner that will be coming up. However, if you want to have some SQ to throw at banners before then, you can go ahead and apply the card to your account now.

When you purchase SQ, it gives you X amount of "paid" Quartz as long as some bonus "free" Quartz along with it. The only real difference (as far as anyone knows, anyway) is that only paid Quartz can be used on the 5* banner. And the game does distinguish between the two pools of SQ, so you could use the card now, and use the free SQ that comes with the purchase whenever. Just be sure to save the paid SQ for that banner if you plan to roll on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I'm not spending any SQ or tickets until Skadi comes. I took a somewhat calculated dip during the Fate/Apocrypha event and spent a half my tickets on Okita's banner but I'm now really, truly, honestly going to save for her banner. I should be around +400 SQ and +40 tickets by then. Even with that - and I have typically gotten the banner rate-up with that amount - I'm well aware it still could go disastrously pear-shaped, so I'm not lowering my odds at all. At least I can say it's the Gacha which screwed me over and not poor impulse control.

Besides, I've drawn 7 Servants in the last two months plus the two Welfares. From them I still have 3 to level and quite a lot of skills that need raising to get them to be usable beyond as bodies filling the back-line. Even capitalizing on the great success 2x boost, lots of XP from the events, and having spent the last weeks farming XP leading up to this -- having multiple SR and SSR Servants to max level is still so much work. Seeing twenty gold embers sunk into a single Servant and having their level go up by, like... one, is so disheartening.
    Yeah. It's a funny thing and I don't much think about it, but once you have a pretty solid dedicated stable, you don't draw that much. Oh, there's hype, and there are waifus, and there's the shocking new thing and the exciting return of the old thing, but you get so inured to it. You basically just focus on the one (or ones) down the road that you're waiting for, and let the others pass you by. And somehow, it works.

I throw out the summoning tickets I get from time to time, but I've been sitting on my SQ awhile now. I know which Servants I'm waiting for, and I know I won't see them until at least the end of the year, more likely next year. And I'm not all that bothered, frankly.

Now, for those of you paying attention to JP, you may have already heard about the latest "I'm saving my SQ for the next two years for this" Servants from the collab that's hitting. Particularly amusing is Takahashi Rie's reaction to one of them. I may or may not be saving for that collab. Two years is a long time, and I held that vigil once already - I don't think I need to do it again.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't have the patience to save more more than a few months, personally. Certainly not for up to two years. I don't know if I'll even be playing the game after that long.

I've also found in games like this, Summoners War, and even Borderlands (pretty much anything that has random drops) that I need a regular influx of new toys to keep myself interested. I've quit more than one game because of bad RNG and going too long without another legendary/5*/whatever thing to keep me motivated. So far FGO has been better than most about that, but maybe I'll feel different at some point in the future.

Right now I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to roll for rider Mordred, because I am trying to save for a couple things coming up.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I second Friv's advice about using the Google Play card for the guaranteed 5* banner that will be coming up. However, if you want to have some SQ to throw at banners before then, you can go ahead and apply the card to your account now.

When you purchase SQ, it gives you X amount of "paid" Quartz as long as some bonus "free" Quartz along with it. The only real difference (as far as anyone knows, anyway) is that only paid Quartz can be used on the 5* banner. And the game does distinguish between the two pools of SQ, so you could use the card now, and use the free SQ that comes with the purchase whenever. Just be sure to save the paid SQ for that banner if you plan to roll on it.
    That's some good advice. I will do that. Guaranteed 5*s aren't guaranteed to be in the classes I still need higher-end Servants, or failing that Servants I just really want, but I'll still take that over the certainty of putting a bunch of money into a banner and getting nothing but 3* CEs and getting real sad about it.

On the other front... While true, I can't accidentally spend SQ that isn't on my account yet. I guess I could always throw a bit of real money in as well if push came to shove, but the exchange rate of money to things I actually want in this game is pretty awful most of the time, so I'm darned leery of spending $60-100 for a 50-50 shot at getting something kind of useful. I don't know that I'd be able to justify picking up paid quartz ever if I didn't occasionally get gift cards for stuff as a part of my work.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually, the GSSR that's coming up is class based - you choose one of eight banners (extra classes all go together.)

Here's the details. I'm thinking Assassin or Archer would be the most useful for me, though Extra is also tempting.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, this GSSR is the most generous one that Fate/GO has provided; it gives you class options, every Servant you get on the banner is guaranteed to be that class, and I saw someone write that every pull is guaranteed to be a Servant, but that last is not sourced so I cannot guarantee it.

If you want the full details, they are here.

I'm torn between Lancer and Berserker, myself, with a vague eye glancing at Riders. For Lancer, six of the seven are new, and four of them are single-target, which is what I really want. Plus I really like the thematics on Enkidu and Ereshkigal, so there's really only one I would particularly dislike getting. On the other hand, I don't really want a second Karna, and I don't want Artoria, so I've only got a 5/7 chance of getting someone I liked.

On the other hand, I have no 5* Berserkers, so I'm getting someone new no matter what. But I have Level 100 Heracles, so most of the single-target hitters are really going to be competing, and Zerker is the least useful class for most of the real challenging stuff.

For Riders, there's only one I have, and a few really fun or powerful ones. But I also grailed Astolfo just cause, so I have a farming Rider, and I don't much care for Achilles or Maid Alter, so it's five chances at someone I really want versus three chances at deep disappointment. The greatest risk, greatest reward.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm holding out for Izo. My goal is to NP5 him and I have the embers and mats put away to immediately take him to level 90 and 6/6/6 his skills.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Actually, the GSSR that's coming up is class based - you choose one of eight banners (extra classes all go together.)

Here's the details. I'm thinking Assassin or Archer would be the most useful for me, though Extra is also tempting.
    Interesting. If the implication that every drop is a Servant is correct, the Extra banner becomes pretty weird. Unless it has very different drop rates from other banners, other than just a guaranteed SSR, you'd be very likely to get 8ish copies of Salieri out of it, since he's the only 3* Extra around right now. Guaranteed NP5 on a specific Servant is definitely oddball.

It will depend on what happens between now and then, of course, but right now I'm pretty sure I'd be rolling Lancer or Extra. Much as I'd love to get Waver or Merlin to free up my Support Servant slots a bit, and Tamamo and Caster Nero would be great too, I'm just not a fan at all of the rest of the Servants there, so Caster seems like a high risk high reward thing. Same with Extra, to a slightly lesser extent; Jeanne, Holmes, Jalter, Okita (I just really like this design, okay?) and Kiara would all be great pulls, and Amakusa would be fine, but I really don't like the look of Dante and the rest are all both not really my favorite designs and very niche Servants in general. Saber and Rider are right out; I've already got tons of great Servants in those classes. And Assassin is a fairly low priority for me right now. I think the obvious call for me is either Lancer (I'd be very happy getting anyone there except Enkidu and I don't currently have a gold Lancer of any kind) or Extra (because having a Ruler or Avenger would be a huge boon and there's no good way to get there otherwise).

Lancer would be the safe bet, definitely. But there's also a much smaller difference between 'Guess I need to rely on the Cu squad' and having, say, Lancer Artoria than between 'I have an Avenger to kill Rulers' and 'I don't have an Avenger, Rulers are pain'.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing as I don't have a single 5* Rider, I'll be pulling on the Rider banner for the GSSR. Unless one falls into my lap during the summer events, then I don't know what I'll do.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

For me it's between the Assassin, Rider, and Extra banners.

I don't have any gold Riders except for welfares, so I'd be guaranteed someone new there. As much as I like Kintoki and Ishtar, I'd like to have at least one fairly unique Rider, and hopefully someone useful.

When it comes to Assassins I at least have summoned a few before such as Wu, and Chiyome, but I'd love to have a 5* and there are a couple I really want like Jack.

On the Extra banner I run the risk of pulling a dupe, but I wouldn't be unhappy with NP2 Jalter. Don't especially need Holmes NP2, but I guess it wouldn't be a disaster. Anyone else would be new and therefore welcome (though some are more interesting than others).

25. - Top - End - #655
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

6 Sabers, 3 Archers, 2 Lancers, 3 Riders, 2 Casters, 3 Assassins, 4 Berserkers, and 3 Extra. Numbers suggest rolling on Lancer or Caster banners, but I got the 2 big lancers I wanted being LArtoria and TamSum. Enkidu, Scathach, or Eresh would be nice, but not super needed, as in terms of 4 stars I'm swamped with Lancers, most being ST. Casters are an interesting bunch, and most of them I would quite like, with only Waver being a unwanted as hes one of the two I have and I would never turn down an NP Upgrade for Nero. But my current plan is leaning to Extras hoping for Hoku or Abi, with a bonus of Okitan if I fail to pull her in GudaGuda3. Though the risk of Amakusa, Holmes, and Jeanne are high, and getting another Kiara or Melt wouldnt be optimal, JAlter getting NP2 and the chance for an Old One are a fine reason to go with that one.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting. If the implication that every drop is a Servant is correct, the Extra banner becomes pretty weird. Unless it has very different drop rates from other banners, other than just a guaranteed SSR, you'd be very likely to get 8ish copies of Salieri out of it, since he's the only 3* Extra around right now. Guaranteed NP5 on a specific Servant is definitely oddball.
    Just a correction. You are only garunteed 1 servant, a 5 star of the class, the other cards can still all be CEs, though at least one additional card needs to be 4 star +, any additional servants should also be of the class for the banner.

I'm going for saber due to limited opportunities to get musashi. The next musashi banner is 2 years from now. And since I am one of the older players with a good stable of servants, I mainly look at waifus and for these banners especially the available limited servants. Though okita alter and Kiara are tempting from the extra one. This will be the best chance for me to pull musashi from a single 10 pull.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-05-29 at 03:19 AM.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, folks, the GUDAGUDA Imperial Capital event is coming up! Here's the non-spoiler version of what you might want to know!

First, gameplay. You complete missions to expand your territory. It's not complex.

Second, the event shop. You can get your typical selection of mats, as well as the new Sailor in White CE, which boosts Arts/Buster and Crit, and for this event increases Mini Nobu spawns.

Third, Servants. I'll put this in a spoiler tag for brevity's sake.

Spoiler: Introducing...
    Show
    • Sakamoto Ryouma: The Welfare Servant of this event. Ryouma is yet another 4-star Rider focused on party support. His first skill is a Charisma, his second is a party NP charge with debuff resist, his third is a party +Arts with crit stars. His NP is ST Arts damage with a chance to decrease NP charge. He's a decent supporter with average stats; a good contribution to an Arts team, but so-so on his own merits. That said, he is accompanied by one of the most delightful companions. But more than that would be a spoiler.
    • Okada Izou: A LIMITED 3-star Assassin, and surprisingly effective for a 3-star. His first skill is a crit booster with a massive (+50% at level 1, +100% at level 10) boost versus Humanoids; his second is Mind's Eye Fake, which means another crit boost; and his third increases his stargen, making the other two even more effective. Naturally, as an Assassin, he also has a passive boost to stargen. He crits like crazy, is the point. His NP is ST Arts damage with a boost to stargen - you get the idea. Basically, this guy plays like a poor man's Shiki, and if you have Shiki you know how good that can be. If you don't, well, this is the chance to get this guy, because as mentioned, he is a limited Servant - he doesn't go into the general pool after this.
    • ?!: I won't spoil the name of this Servant - not that it's hard to find out - but she's a LIMITED 5-star Alter Ego. Her first skill boosts Buster and Quick, her second charges her NP and increases her star gather rate, and her third boosts her NP strength and gives her a 3-turn-1-hit dodge. Her NP is Buster AoE damage that lowers the enemy's Buster resistance, which is great on a Buster-focused team. In terms of her stats, her ATK is excellent and her NP gen is solid - an NPQA chain will return a lot of NP gauge, making her almost spammable with the right supports. Yes, as an Alter Ego she's something of a mixed bag - reasonably effective against multiple classes, but not super effective against any one - but if you need an AoE Servant to work against Cavalry classes, she's solid.

Finally, bonuses. The following Servants will receive a damage bonus during the event:
    • 100%: ?!, Sakamoto Ryouma
    • 80%: Okada Izou, Okita Souji, Hijikata Toshizo, Nobunobu Nobu-Nobu, Chacha, Li Shuwen
    • 50%: EMIYA, Medusa, Medea, MHX, MHXA

So be sure to stock your support list accordingly. Unless you're a monster. Or Nobu.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

28. - Top - End - #658
    Firbolg in the Playground

I guess its a blessing in disguise i cant do this upcoming event, so over fighting tiny (any size actually) annoying nobu's.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #659
    Dwarf in the Playground

This event should be enough to finish off the lancer gems I've been farming. And I needed more riders, so a welfare one sounds good.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

I'm just happy to have a single target Rider. Outside of Ushiwakamaru I don't have a ST Rider, and I haven't pumped enough resources into her for her to work in more difficult content. He's also an Arts Rider. The only other ST Arts Rider is - I believe - Georgios. So it's not a niche that's competitive.

I could easily see using him in a Waver-Ryoma-Tamamo team. Lots of mutually beneficial buffing, and everyone's skill CDs are short enough and buffs last long enough that with Tamamo's NP I could keep them up indefinitely. Though it would be relying on stalling the enemy's NP progress for hard survival, and I'd need to go all the way in investing in Ryoma to get every CD down to 5.

Which is something of an issue as that's over a hundred Gunpowder there.