New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Spoiler
    Show

NP2 off some initial rolls. Waiting until friday for the deep dive. After seeing this comic though a long time back, there was no way I couldn't give him the grails. He deserves them.
    Last edited by DrakeRaids; 2020-06-03 at 10:22 AM.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

2. - Top - End - #662
    Firbolg in the Playground

Picked up a Avenger i have never heard of ~ Angra Mainyu, supposedly the weakest servant. Also NP 2 Emiya which was nice and on the Third and final roll i acquired my first Alter Ego.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Picked up a Avenger i have never heard of ~ Angra Mainyu, supposedly the weakest servant. Also NP 2 Emiya which was nice and on the Third and final roll i acquired my first Alter Ego.
    Also seemingly the rarest servant

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #664

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Also seemingly the rarest servant
    And like all the other curio's he will get to sit in the Archive till the end of days.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

And like all the other curio's he will get to sit in the Archive till the end of days.
    I highly suggest using him. He has a secret interlude at bond 10.

6. - Top - End - #666

If i can ever find space for dead weight in a party maybe. But i have many servants i actually like and want to use before that happens. Leveling the Three Star Avenger currently and if it were not for its apparent rarity i would have likely fed this new one to him as part of his only spare servants diet (Lvl 47 by one, two and three stars servants so far)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

I don't care about it too much but by this point I estimate I've spent millions of FP without getting him.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

The thing I didn't know and was pointed out to me here was that while Angra Mainyu has the cost of 2-star his bond rewards are equivalent to a 4-star.

As I usually have Bunyan, Arash, or Mozart around to fill the last slot during Events when deployment costs get especially tight, if I could get tangible SQ rewards for them at the same time I would... prefer that.

Though working towards Arash's Bond CE is worth it for its own sake.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Funnily I think the only bond 10 that I have and sometimes use is tamamo no Mae's but then again the only servants I've used enough are primary damage dealers who are usually better off with something else and supports who need something worth more than a Prisma cosmos or fragment of 2030, which is a tall order.

Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I wasn't going to keep rolling after a 10-roll and twenty-ish tickets. But as my brother got Okita Alter today, I figured that we always tend to pull the same servants, so I made another attempt.

Lo and behold, Okita Alter.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Funnily I think the only bond 10 that I have and sometimes use is tamamo no Mae's but then again the only servants I've used enough are primary damage dealers who are usually better off with something else and supports who need something worth more than a Prisma cosmos or fragment of 2030, which is a tall order.
    I have the bond 10 CE for Heracles, because as soon as I learned about it I put him in my party pretty much permanently until I got it. I also have Merlin's which I've used a few times, but not sure yet if I like it. I'd probably give him A Fragment of 2030 if I had it, but I don't.

Currently working on Wu Zetian's bond 10 CE, which looks pretty good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

NP2 off some initial rolls. Waiting until friday for the deep dive. After seeing this comic though a long time back, there was no way I couldn't give him the grails. He deserves them.
    I liked him from the comics on the subreddit that depict the various Servants as cute animals. Izou was depicted as a small, yappy, fluffy, angry-looking dog. And while Cu claims the title of Best Doggo (and Lobo gets Fluffiest Doggo), Izou is easily Second-Favorite Doggo.

I ended up going a lot harder on this banner than I anticipated. (I really wanted that doggo.) I ended up with several Izou, which made me happy. Also got my EMIYA to NP5, which is neat. And I got two copies of Li Shuwen, so that makes two new Servants, yay! And I got copies of, I think, basically all of the event CEs? Also, while grinding the FP gacha for more copies of the Izou CE (let's MLB that sucker) I got my first Avicebron, so that's pretty great.

New event has given me a lot. Not an Alter, but I wasn't going too hard for that.

He is an obnoxiously weak Servant. But...

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I highly suggest using him. He has a secret interlude at bond 10.
    This. Also, as mentioned, his SQ rewards are solid. Also also, his Bond CE is one of the "this is actually worth holding onto" ones, because it gives him advantage against Beasts. Like, all of them. For obvious reasons, that's fairly unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I wasn't going to keep rolling after a 10-roll and twenty-ish tickets. But as my brother got Okita Alter today, I figured that we always tend to pull the same servants, so I made another attempt.

Lo and behold, Okita Alter.
    Grats!

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I have the bond 10 CE for Heracles, because as soon as I learned about it I put him in my party pretty much permanently until I got it. I also have Merlin's which I've used a few times, but not sure yet if I like it. I'd probably give him A Fragment of 2030 if I had it, but I don't.

Currently working on Wu Zetian's bond 10 CE, which looks pretty good to me.
    Most Bond CEs aren't all that special. Party buff, blah blah. A few are considered truly unique must-haves. Heracles' is one of them, for obvious reasons - it's so weird to me when I deploy Heracles with an event CE, because suddenly I remember that he's not completely unkillable by default. Georgios has a pretty unique one, actually - when he dies (which he will, he's a taunter) he grants 1-hit Invulnerable and Damage Cut to the whole party, lasts 3 turns or until used. And Angry, but again his is only really good if you end up grailing him (because his base stats are so bad, so very bad). But that's mostly it - other Bond CEs tend to be pretty meh.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

13. - Top - End - #673
    Dwarf in the Playground

I did a single ten-pull, hoping for event CEs, got the new Assassin and Alter Ego, plus one of the Detective agency, so I'm calling it a good one and stopping there.

Leveling Sakamoto first, since my usual Rider is AOE.

Event in general is reminding me to go back and watch Kenshin sometime.
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2020-06-04 at 02:35 PM.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TherianTheorist View Post
    I did a single ten-pull, hoping for event CEs, got the new Assassin and Alter Ego, plus one of the Detective agency, so I'm calling it a good one and stopping there.

Leveling Sakamoto first, since my usual Rider is AOE.

Event in general is reminding me to go back and watch Kenshin sometime.
    Between his style and his extremely awesome sidekick, Ryouma is a fast favorite for me. Also, definitely level him first, because increasing his Bond and Ascension are both missions for this event. So definitely do that.

Also, be advised that you will most certainly need to use some apples to clear the entire event. So if you haven't been grinding, find some time to start.

Also also, grats on Alter.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

I noticed this time they added the raise bond, reach ascension 3, and have Ryouma in your party for X number of battles at the very beginning

I remember back with the Halloween Event finding out I needed Mecha Liz at a certain Bond and Ascension level only after clearing 90 some-odd missions since those objectives were hidden, and this coming already having used the shop embers to level up someone else. I had to go out and grind embers for several apples worth and do some campaign missions just to clear the Event's mission board before the event ended.

On another note, this Event is closer to a regular singularity story-wise then what I'd expect from GUDAGUDA. Sort of a combination of Shimousa with the duels for territory with relatively hard boss battles and Shinjuku for a city-under-siege from Servants and Ryouma as a stand in for Holmes.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2020-06-04 at 11:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Bugbear in the Playground

No Alter, but Izo is NP5, so I'm content.

Also have more cute content about Ryoma and Oryou.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't care about it too much but by this point I estimate I've spent millions of FP without getting him.
    I used to be on the same boat, but then I took an arrow on the kn-
    I got him about 2 million FP later, and only one copy. His Bond CE is worth and he can be pretty good to strategize with (especially with certain quick support comming up soon).

I rolled the gacha and got another Emiyan for a healthy NP4, another Marie, and a 5* Event CE (which I like the art, GudaGuda CEs tend to have a pretty nice artwork without lewding too much, which is appreciated~) Also, only one copy of Izou, but that'll do. 15 tickets and 30 SQ was enough for one banner.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

I want Izo, and I wouldn't say no to Okita Alter either, but I'm saving up for something else so I'm going to skip this banner.

Also, I keep waiting for Ryouma to ask Annie if she's okay.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

19. - Top - End - #679

Decided to use my single use tickets on the banner as well and picked up NP 3 Emiya and 2 of both the Assassin and Alter Ego as well as the 5 star CE (Q/B CE's are thin on the ground for me so its really nice to have)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

i'm not complaining but the stray dogs are counting as humanoid enemies for me for the weekly missions... wierd

edit: wait i forgot that nobbu ufos are humanoid...
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-06-09 at 01:04 AM.

Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #681
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Been a bit busy to properly grind the event but did ticket/SQ pulls for Okita and after 15 tickets and 60SQ I landed her. Got NP2 for Okada and actually landed Jack from my first SQ 10 pull so overall pretty happy with the results.

I usually try for limiteds because they're a pain in the mixed bag pulls (though I landed Melt and Nero caster in the last one) and I'm still super sad I haven't pulled King Hassan. Looking forward to trying for Skadi and hope she doesn't eat too much to land her.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

i'm not complaining but the stray dogs are counting as humanoid enemies for me for the weekly missions... wierd

edit: wait i forgot that nobbu ufos are humanoid...
    As they couldn't make event-specific weekly missions because the entry restrictions would lock out anyone who hasn't beaten Solomon, they designed them so that you could still clear them all without leaving the event.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

Is it just me or is this event especially grindy for a mission based event. I'm closing in on the finish but still it's been a grind and a half taking advantage of most of this events apples, which is something I almost never do.

In other news I've been considering saving SQ from now until summer next year... Which would mean no more trying to get okita alter or any servants from this summer... Thankfully this summer I am only really interested in marine biologist jeane and maybe saber Fran second chance but I really want westiboo musashi especially since I have failed to get saber musashi so far.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Is it just me or is this event especially grindy for a mission based event. I'm closing in on the finish but still it's been a grind and a half taking advantage of most of this events apples, which is something I almost never do.
    Yes, this event definitely requires apple use to go through the missions in a timely manner. I've only just now beaten the second part and gotten the Grail.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

The grindy-ness is why I spent summon tickets to get event CEs. After the painful crawl at the start to get the shop CE to MLB, I was far more disposed to burning through some of my savings. I also got EMIYA to NP2 and a Lu Shuwen, so that's good.

Still, I am done now. I also have a net gain of 20-something apples, I only effectively spent the apology apples for the emergency maintenance.

Anyways, I wanted to see how well Jeanne + Merlin would work in the challenge quest. Turns out they're effectively unkillable without pierce invincibility or a Berserker/Avenger boss. Though it did ultimately take me 37 turns, so there's that.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2020-06-13 at 12:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Anyways, I wanted to see how well Jeanne + Merlin would work in the challenge quest. Turns out they're effectively unkillable without pierce invincibility or a Berserker/Avenger boss. Though it did ultimately take me 37 turns, so there's that.
    i am trying to remeber the event quest where i used jeane and tamamo. it was years ago but i remember the turn count was in the 60s... it was a very active battle too cause i also had the code with the skill cooldown button so i was constantly using NPs and skills all the time.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-06-13 at 01:20 AM.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #687
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I still remember my fight with the ruler demon pillar at the end of Agartha. The one where it has effectively 750k health. Brought Mash, Medea Lily, and Jeanne. Took 106 turns. Full stall and a Lot of healing.

Event was fun, Okitan was great. Got her on my first ten roll so i had her the whole event. Havent done the challenge mission but im not lacking lores as i rarely get my skills much past 6. I like how this event just gave us the 5 star event ce mlb instead of relying on luck to get a drop. The call back to the Illya event with Medea building models was nice, and the bait and switch seven "spears" assassin was fun.

Next up apparently is Ragnarok if their Twitter is to believed. Expect news in app in a few days.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

It's always more of a slog when they have these event CE's that spawn more enemies instead of giving us a CE that increases item drops. I'm all for varied mechanics from one event to the next, but this is one that I'd like to see go away.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Part of a complete Arts stall team, yep. I've seen Arts stall compositions that can clear all sorts of challenges... in about 300 turns...

So, I loved this event. Quite possibly my favorite GUDAGUDA so far. Part 1 was fantastic, great writing and amazing characters. I love Ryouma and Izo, and especially Oryou (who is apparently my spirit animal, yaay). Part 2 brought all the humor I've come to expect from a GUDAGUDA. The localizers outdid themselves with the references, too. I caught too many to count, and more that I probably missed. Also, you might not have noticed if you play with the volume muted, but the specialist Nobus - HeraNobu, MedeNobu, etc. - all use the voice actors for the characters they're based on. Hearing EMIYA saying "Nobunobu... nobu" will never get old for me.

And with the challenge quest done, I have completed the event, except to clean out the shop. While I do that, here are my dominant strats for the challenge quest.

Spoiler: The Challenge
    Show
    For those who don't know, the challenge quest is NOBU with four health bars. First, she's an Archer, then Assassin, then Rider, then Caster. She starts with three buffs worth 25% DEF each, which are removable. Each time you break her, she loses one and debuffs your team. If you remove her buffs, however, she gains permanent and non-removable ATK and crit buffs, so you can deal more damage but it becomes a DPS race. She'll still debuff your team regardless.

Spoiler: The Strats
    Show
    First, my team:
    • MC: Atlas Institute Uniform.
    • Jack, with MLB One Summer.
    • Waver, with MLB Projection.
    • Guest slot, featuring Guest Okita Alter.
    • Jeanne, with Light of Wisdom.
    • Lip, with Fang-Sharp Shadow Blade.
    • Herc, with Bond CE.

You may be thinking, Light of Wisdom? Shadow Blade? Projection? What's with the crap CEs? Well, with Jack, Waver, and Jeanne in my team, costs were running high, so I had to cheap out on CEs. Turns out it didn't hurt all that much.

My strategy was simple - burn through the first two phases as quickly as possible. Archer and Assassin have 3-bar NP gauges, and I wanted to minimize NOBU's NP use. Particularly her first phase, because Guest Okita wasn't going to be much help against an Archer. Fortunately, I opened with Jack at 50%, two Jack Quick cards in my hand, and Waver ready to go. So Jack erased NOBU's DEF buffs and dropped her NP right out of the gate. Between her and Okita Alter, Archer and Assassin forms were done within four turns. No NP fired yet, thanks to Waver's NP.

Then, as expected, things started to go south. Jack did a great job putting a dent in Rider form, but with those permanent ATK buffs and the debuffs NOBU had laid down, Jack was finished. Okita followed shortly after. This brought me Jeanne and Lip, and phase two of my strategy - stall for Herc. The goal of this stage was to stay alive long enough to whittle her down to final form, and thankfully I was very successful at that. Somehow, Waver managed to survive Rider form - I hadn't expected that - but got eaten by Caster. And finally, it was down to her final form and my last three Servants. We put some dents in her, but after all the delays - including a stun from Jeanne - NOBU was able to drop her first and only NP of the fight. Foolishly - but in retrospect, not so much - while I had used Herc's Evade, I had not thought to use my MC's Invulnerability on Lip, so the NP ate both her and Jeanne. But Herc had returned fire with his own NP, which - on an NPBB chain - was pretty darn effective. And as I used the Invulnerability button on Herc next turn, he was able to BBB chain NOBU into oblivion.

Honestly, that fight was almost easier than my fight with Yodo. And I had a BB to bring to Yodo. Go fig.

Now for some leisurely farming before the next event drives me insane.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Part of a complete Arts stall team, yep. I've seen Arts stall compositions that can clear all sorts of challenges... in about 300 turns...
    This is why a balanced arts stall no spam team is preferable. A good spammable arts damage np preferably with np charge down is required for a good efficient time. My personal favorite defensive version is archiria, tamamo, waver. As waver is an excellent defensive member with tamamos skill cool down reduction while also increasing the attackers damage and no charge rate even more. Though I have also done double attackers. A more budget friendly but slower and less damaging version would be tamamo, euryale and Anderson. With the archiria version I have gotten it to the point where she fired her np off 5 out of 7 turns.

Current avatar by me