New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Strange, according to the info I've seen, the single chimera in Des Moines in America puts out more claws. Don't need a dragon fang though, got that from an event stage, just need some more dragon clears, the claw, a few forest clears Andi think that's all I got left after I played catch up on the event and doing the fuyuki stages and crab hunt.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-11-01 at 12:36 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Getting Dragon Fangs through the event seems pretty easy. I got one in the Burial Chamber mission without even knowing I needed one.

I got a Chaos Claw in Des Moines after three or four tries.

I'm not at Babylon yet, so I got the Shell in Okeanos' Archipelago after about three attempts.

I did the Great West Pillar in the event to get the Ghosts finished quickly.

I did the Britannia quest in Septem to complete the Beast quest without spending much AP.

...and then at the recommendation of the wiki I did the Thiers free quest in Orleans four times, completing the Dragon and Forest quests together.

All this together took about my whole day's AP.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

For now I'm a bit more focused on doing the event than getting the quartz. I'll probably set aside a few apples this weekend to get whatever I couldn't get.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

my good luck from the dark forest grinding days has been canceled out by the 400 ap claw from des moines, in the dark forest days when that would be a normal amount of ap i usually got one in a single ap bar...

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    There are several options for efficiently farming Claws. Don't bother doing it in the event stages, they're terrible. But if you run Ur in Babylonia, you can get Wild Beasts and Forest clears while trying to get your Claws - and there are three Chimeras there, so that's three chances. You can also try Underground Plains in Agartha, which also gives you Dragon clears and a chance at Dragon Fangs. I went with Ur, personally.

Rather ironically, the only mission I completed with event stages was the ghosts - and the event was actually perfect for that, because I could tweak spawn rates. The rest I completed elsewhere, either in Orleans, America, or Babylonia.
    Any suggestions on where to farm the Claws if I haven't unlocked Babylonia yet? I'm early in Camelot, if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Any suggestions on where to farm the Claws if I haven't unlocked Babylonia yet? I'm early in Camelot, if that helps.
    Have you tried Des Moines? According to the wiki, the Chimera there has a 20% drop rate for Claws.

It's also only 18 AP and pretty easy to clear.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nightwyrm, can you upgrade your tamamo maid skills? Trying a final Halloween Sprint, and your level 4 attack makes me sad.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Nightwyrm, can you upgrade your tamamo maid skills? Trying a final Halloween Sprint, and your level 4 attack makes me sad.
    Lv 8 now. Don't have the hearts and lore for lv 10.

What CE do u want for her?
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-11-04 at 04:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Lv 8 now. Don't have the hearts and lore for lv 10.

What CE do u want for her?
    Any + currency will do, I don't think anyone spent a lot of tickets on CEs. + Beam cookie or missile ramune if you have it.

10. - Top - End - #70

Devil

Just beat the Final Singularity thismorning, that second to last fight was a bitch and as always in tough fights like that i was carried by Jeanne.

it occures to me only now i havent put my friend code out there.

Zander 656.067.621
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2019-11-07 at 09:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

So, due to my very busy recent school weeks, I wasn't able to play any FGO save from the login. When I noticed (yesterday, to be precise), the event was 1 day away from finishing, and I was 4 misions in.

So there I was, with a full event to grind and basically no time. I grabbed my apples and desire for that kawaii welfare Eli, so I somehow played through the whole thing, within 23 hours of semi-continuous gameplay (minus 6 hours of sleep and two for school), and I managed to get the 100 missions, MK.II, the Golden Fous, and a lot of relief, as I managed to pull it off within 4 hours of it ending.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

12. - Top - End - #72

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    So, due to my very busy recent school weeks, I wasn't able to play any FGO save from the login. When I noticed (yesterday, to be precise), the event was 1 day away from finishing, and I was 4 misions in.

So there I was, with a full event to grind and basically no time. I grabbed my apples and desire for that kawaii welfare Eli, so I somehow played through the whole thing, within 23 hours of semi-continuous gameplay (minus 6 hours of sleep and two for school), and I managed to get the 100 missions, MK.II, the Golden Fous, and a lot of relief, as I managed to pull it off within 4 hours of it ending.
    Congrats, your dedication is incredible. I too am desperately trying to empty out the goodies in the shop, at least the non monument ones.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

I cleared the whole shop out two or three days ago. I was considering grinding for QP which I lack, but I don't think the AP spent on getting Beam Cookies would be dramatically more efficient than clearing Treasure Vault missions. Even if it were at the moment I just want more embers. I have six SR/SSR Servants - including Mecha Liz - who need them.

After getting crushed in Camelot twice now, I'd like a beefier roster if nothing else.

I do have a level 70 Euryale now though, who's supposed to be useful in this Singularity. I could've used her against Gawain.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

i feel we may have entered the generous age of type moon. where they realize they have the most profitable gotcha game and start handing out lots of stuff to keep the game popular cause even that barely dents the whale money supply.

Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    i feel we may have entered the generous age of type moon. where they realize they have the most profitable gotcha game and start handing out lots of stuff to keep the game popular cause even that barely dents the whale money supply.
    If they truly felt generous they would up the drop rates.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Madness. You might as well ask them to portray characters as their canonical or historically accurate gender.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Yeah, but the would actually much more than make a small dent int the whale money

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, but the would actually much more than make a small dent int the whale money
    Exactly my point.

Though, I did just have an idea for a 'Platinum Ticket', an item you get a single pull with that's guaranteed to pull a servant. Not necessarily a banner servant or even a 4* servant, but it would eliminate all the CEs from contention when you pull. Would be nice, but it'll never happen.

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #79

Well, I just spent 160k FP and turned it all into CE bombs. CE bombing is so tedious.

Oh, but the grind's not over yet, because for a limited time I don't have the "It's the wrong day" excuse for embers and gems! I should get all my servants skills to 6 and level all my four and five stars to max. Whether I will actually do so is dubious. Especially since I'm almost out of QP again so I'll need to grind for that too if I push far enough (If I had infinite QP there's like a dozen different servant skills I could get to 10).
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Well, I just spent 160k FP and turned it all into CE bombs. CE bombing is so tedious.

Oh, but the grind's not over yet, because for a limited time I don't have the "It's the wrong day" excuse for embers and gems! I should get all my servants skills to 6 and level all my four and five stars to max. Whether I will actually do so is dubious. Especially since I'm almost out of QP again so I'll need to grind for that too if I push far enough (If I had infinite QP there's like a dozen different servant skills I could get to 10).
    After the extra load of items in the mana prism shop, i need to farm prisms myself, so no embers for me, unless 48 ones drop in the 3* nodes...

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

this has allowed me to finish my lancer gem farming. now i need to choose between leveling servants to farm their rank up SQ, or farming a ton of magatamas, cause the 20 from the last event is not enough.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

I completed the Final Singularity, after starting last Friday and playing through from near the beginning of Camelot and on through Babylonia.

Playing without worrying about AP and just going through the story was really fun. I understood more of the intended structure of the campaign, Babylonia was in particularly well-crafted with lighter missions and story breaks to keep the sense of flow and tension somewhat more reasonable.

I was also able to just keep retrying missions with impunity with the reduced AP cost, so I could rethink my line-up a couple of times. Which was particularly hard in Camelot because I wanted to use Guest Servants as much as possible for the FPs - especially with the x2 bonus - but it just made the more difficult missions tedious if not near impossible. Which wasn't an issue for all of Babylonia, the Servants were all about as useful as the ones on my friends list and they usually didn't throw them into situations where they had an obvious class disadvantage.

I ended up using my seals on the battle with Quetzalcoatl, I simply couldn't fulfill the necessary damage output with Carmilla and no one else did anything at all, so I just wanted it to be over. Thus I didn't have my seals in place to beat the Final Singularity and that second-to-last fight seemed designed for you to waste them. I beat the Singularity literally only with Mash-Waver-Jalter up until then -- with Martha occasionally being swapped in for White Magery purposes. Being Mash-less there really got under my skin.

Anyways, now I can get the rest of the 8 Million Downloads missions done and go farm Caster gems as I wanted to do before I saw 30 SQ tantalizingly dangled before my eyes.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-11-11 at 09:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

mega maintenance... neat.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #84

RedWizardGuy

mega maintenance... neat.
    Now I don't feel so bad about not emptying my AP pool.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Now I don't feel so bad about not emptying my AP pool.
    I feel bad for not having emptied my AP pool.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

I never got those Caster gems, and I just got another SR Caster with Gil from the banner. Though I will say, despite the cost this will exact on my Caster Mats, it's still nice to actually have another male SR/SSR Servant outside of Waver.

Still need to finish the [Grassy Field] mission. Which is total BS because there are numerous free missions on grassy fields - especially in France - but apparently you need to go to specific missions in Babylonia. The [Burning Field] mission thing from before is one thing, but how was I supposed to know that beyond the wiki?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

So the maintenance ends at 18:00 PST and the game day resets at 20:00 PST, you have 2 hours to login to maintain your streak, good luck everybody.

For our European brothers/sisters, set your alarms for early morning.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    So the maintenance ends at 18:00 PST and the game day resets at 20:00 PST, you have 2 hours to login to maintain your streak, good luck everybody.

For our European brothers/sisters, set your alarms for early morning.
    Maintenance is extended to 20:00 PST. Streak will be impossible to keep.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Maintenance is extended to 20:00 PST. Streak will be impossible to keep.
    Well, ****.

I was a week and a bit until I got the bonus.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Well, ****.

I was a week and a bit until I got the bonus.
    They'll surely make up for it with a lot of quartz and giving us back lost time. They usually do.

Also that long login streak does not get broken by unlogged days, only the weekly streak does.