New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Threw one ticket down at Jeanne Archer and Ushi banner and got my most sought after Lancer.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I wonder if it'd work with BB's card lock ability? I suppose it wouldn't... but it would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I can see it locking those particular cards, while her skill overwrites them to be buster. So they would for example be like, the two arts cards and a buster, BB would lock them in, then Artoria would swap them to be all Buster, but the turn after they would be back to the Arts cards they were before, but still in the hand.
    That's my presumption too, as BB doesn't literally lock the cards on the screen so much as prevent them from being reshuffled each turn.

Still, this is a new mechanic as far as I'm aware, worth testing how it's programmed.
    I had a friend testing this, and yes, the cards return to their normal type the round after, even if locked after using the swap ability.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Quick Heracles note:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Spoiler: Brief summary of FSN Buffs
    Show
    Heracles: ----___--- got his own version of Guts stacking by improving his Battle Continuation into a 20% buster buff for 5 turns if it is ever procc'd. Now, considering Castle of Snow, big boi just got so much stronger. I'm not sure if his skill guts activates before his bond CE's buffs, but it should, so he's even better now~
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've got a max bond Heracles, so I can answer this one - if you have Castle of Snow, activating Battle Continuation currently doesn't do anything; the game checks and sees that you already have Guts, and triggers NO EFFECT. And since you start the fight with your Castle of Snow buffs active, you won't be able to get access to that skill until the very end.
    Last edited by Friv; 2020-08-11 at 06:43 PM. Reason: formatting error
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Quick Heracles note:

Spoiler
    Show
    I've got a max bond Heracles, so I can answer this one - if you have Castle of Snow, activating Battle Continuation currently doesn't do anything; the game checks and sees that you already have Guts, and triggers NO EFFECT. And since you start the fight with your Castle of Snow buffs active, you won't be able to get access to that skill until the very end.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In JP? The new skill notes it should be stackable. Which is the first big part of the buff. The buffed skill explicitly points out the new guts effect can be stacked with existing Guts effects.

Currently in NA yes, you are right in that they don't stack. But in JP they buffed Battle Continuation A to become Indomitable A which gives a Stackable Guts and a Buster boost for each Guts effect that triggers. Which means he can get 4 Buster boosts if all his Guts get consumed. At 20% each, that's a LOT of damage. But yeah the question is which Guts goes first: the 5 turn Indomitable one, or the permanent Castle of Snow ones.

So yes, Battle Continuation doesn't stack with Castle of Snow. But Herc doesn't have Battle Continuation anymore. He has Indomitable now. Which is better.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    In JP? The new skill notes it should be stackable. Which is the first big part of the buff. The buffed skill explicitly points out the new guts effect can be stacked with existing Guts effects.

Currently in NA yes, you are right in that they don't stack. But in JP they buffed Battle Continuation A to become Indomitable A which gives a Stackable Guts and a Buster boost for each Guts effect that triggers. Which means he can get 4 Buster boosts if all his Guts get consumed. At 20% each, that's a LOT of damage. But yeah the question is which Guts goes first: the 5 turn Indomitable one, or the permanent Castle of Snow ones.

So yes, Battle Continuation doesn't stack with Castle of Snow. But Herc doesn't have Battle Continuation anymore. He has Indomitable now. Which is better.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, is that how it works? It's way better than I though then, Heracles already getting a 20% Buster buff was big enough, as he's pretty good in the damage department with his Valor A skill, so a 20% Buster grants a big boost to his NP>B>B>Ex or B>B>B>Ex chains.

If he's getting a 20% per Guts triggered, a possible 80% (of course, having him survive, and probably having a Romulus or Quetzalcoatl apply even another Guts for a potential (yet dangerous and improbable) 100% is crazy. This is theorycrafting, of course.

"**** if I know."

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ohhhhh.

That is freaking amazing and I can't wait.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Summoning results are up!

I rolled in total 600 SQ expecting at least 1 copy of XX, and I got more than I was expecting~!

x2 MHXX
    Altera (for NP2)
    Jack the Ripper (New)
    Nezha (for NP2)
    Hessian Lobo (for NP2)
    Plus a lot of event and non-event CEs.

Overall, this was a good roll, and I'll keep it as a daishori!
    Now, I'm going full powersaving mode for next-next halloween event to get certain tsundere avenger (which is not JAlter).

"**** if I know."

8. - Top - End - #908

Summer BB, NP2 MHXX, Achilles and Rama along with an nice assortment of CEs from four rolls on the banner. Now back to the grindstone to try and maybe get halfway before the event expires...
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

I got MHXX in my first 10-pull, and went for a few more. Only servant of note was NP3 Liz, which is fine by me. And a bunch of event CEs I barely need now.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I rolled the final 156 quartz (+5 tickets) I had.

Got BB on my first 10-pull. Got XX on the final quartz I owned.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, despite the fact that I really need to be saving for Sintonai, I decided to throw 90 quartz split between the BB and Dantes banners. I wasn't expecting anything from such a small amount of quartz, but I was hoping for MHXX (cause I don't have a foreigner) and/or Dantes (because I have Skadi and ya'll know what Skadi-Skadi-Dantes does). I ended up getting BB and an NP up for CasGil.

Now, I will never complain about a five-star... But it's interesting that I got the 5 star servant from the banner where I was aiming for the 4-star, and the 4-star from the banner where I was aiming at the 5 star. I also got two copies of Lancer Vlad, when I already had two I haven't even leveled because I'm busy with other servants. So overall I've been very lucky, even if the luck manifests in weird ways.

Now I need to decide if I want a NP4 Vlad or if I should start looking at the rare prism shop. And I need to level BB... Good thing I hadn't used those embers from the event shop yet.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

12. - Top - End - #912

Well, burned most of the rest of my stash on various summer banners and wound up getting Summer Jeanne, which is nice - she and Ushi were my favorite characters out of the story. No BB, but I suppose I'll live. Saving two last 10-pulls for the Squirtoria banner, which probably isn't enough to make anything happen, but I'll give it a shot.

Final total for the event out of roughly 200 pulls is 6 4* (including duplicate pulls) and one 5*. Not a very good ratio, but I suppose I had to pay for all those times I got a winner on a handful of pulls sooner or later.

Though I really miss having two shop phases to the summer event like last year - I've now got a bunch of folks that need exp and Fous.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2020-08-15 at 09:11 PM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

I really hate it when people switch back to their non-event support setup while the event is still going on. Some of us are still working on it and could really benefit from those event bonus servants CE's people don't have up anymore.

This is exactly why I was so frustrated about the raids and final farming areas being progress-locked, because I was too buy to play much earlier this week and now fully half my friends list seems to have switched off their event supports.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2020-08-16 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

14. - Top - End - #914

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I really hate it when people switch back to their non-event support setup while the event is still going on. Some of us are still working on it and could really benefit from those event bonus servants CE's people don't have up anymore.

This is exactly why I was so frustrated about the raids and final farming areas being progress-locked, because I was too buy to play much earlier this week and now fully half my friends list seems to have switched off their event supports.
    Especially annoying now that you can totally have two support lists set up at a time now: one for event nodes, one for non event nodes. Also people who have zero clue what CE to put on what role. Its understandable for the Archer class as there's a Saber node for each points ladder. But when there's a single node you would want to use Riders for, yet friends list riders have a full spectrum of CEs that it becomes obvious no one has any clue what CEs are for what class/node.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Troll in the Playground

I finished up the point ladders today, now I can just poke at the currencies. I got the most important stuff, but its hard to say no to more class gems.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

I'm 70k from finishing my final ladder. I've tried to refrain from using Apples as best as I could, though it is admittedly hard to not just muscle through especially when I'm this close.

It'll be nice to be able to use any Servant I want for farming going forward, as I haven't really been able to for over a month now. I've more or less been doing Mash-Ushiwakamaru-Guest Jeanne/BB for the last week outside of the raids and challenge quest.

17. - Top - End - #917

Finally into the raids... and i'm just so over it that i will do one just to get NP2 and the rest can go jump. It prob doesn't help that Rulers are scare it seems atm to make all the Moon Cancers easier, found one after a number of refreshes to use on BBhotep and even then had to use Command Spells to get through it since it wasn't a friends one so no NP
    Last edited by Leon; 2020-08-18 at 10:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

This is important news for those not living in the US or using a JP account.

QooApp is, starting today, not supporting Fate/Grand Order in any of its servers anymore. This means the app will no longer be updated from that app. Luckily, there's other ways around it. For us not in the US, a VPN can help with that and use the playstore as normal, the same goes for JP. APKpure seems to still be updating the game, but because of their ToS, they will probably drop the game too.

I'll go and investigate which other site can be useful~

Just in case, everyone who uses QooApp should Issue their Transfer Number just to be safe.

"**** if I know."

19. - Top - End - #919

Is there a way to see what Command Codes i have without unlocking a card and then choosing one for that card? My profile says i have 18 of them but i cant find any way to look at them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #920

Formation -> Spirit Origin List now has a tab for command codes.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

21. - Top - End - #921

Awesome, Thankyou.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

22. - Top - End - #922

RedWizardGuy

Was struggling with the challenge quest, but I had things to do, so I just gave up and use 3 command seals to finish them. =(

23. - Top - End - #923
    Troll in the Playground

The Challenge Quest took me three attempts.

I tried it with Skadi + Parvati + Skadi at first, and it went well enough until my Parvati's buffs ran out and she started to seriously lack for damage. If had her at NP3 or more I think she would've easily won, but the weakness against Sabers proved too much for her when she's not supercharged.

Then I went with Waver + Kiyohime + Merlin but that's when I learnt about Nobbu's instant NP mechanic. Parvati just happened to have charmed her in my first run so she never got it off, but without that Nobbu decided to insta-murder my Kiyohime and it ended the run there.

Lastly, I thought "I'm overthinking this" and went with Artoria + Ereshkigal + Waver. I used the Plug Suit stun on turn-one to stop Nobbu from killing anyone, then after that it was relatively easy. The enemies' HP was low enough that a single Brave Chain from Waver was enough to kill the Assassins, which was my only other concern.

I imagine you could probably win easily with Cu, somehow.

24. - Top - End - #924

RedWizardGuy

The Challenge Quest took me three attempts.

I tried it with Skadi + Parvati + Skadi at first, and it went well enough until my Parvati's buffs ran out and she started to seriously lack for damage. If had her at NP3 or more I think she would've easily won, but the weakness against Sabers proved too much for her when she's not supercharged.

Then I went with Waver + Kiyohime + Merlin but that's when I learnt about Nobbu's instant NP mechanic. Parvati just happened to have charmed her in my first run so she never got it off, but without that Nobbu decided to insta-murder my Kiyohime and it ended the run there.

Lastly, I thought "I'm overthinking this" and went with Artoria + Ereshkigal + Waver. I used the Plug Suit stun on turn-one to stop Nobbu from killing anyone, then after that it was relatively easy. The enemies' HP was low enough that a single Brave Chain from Waver was enough to kill the Assassins, which was my only other concern.

I imagine you could probably win easily with Cu, somehow.
    My lineup was Arash, Merlin, Support raikou berserker, and my back line was gilgamesh with Art of death, Mash & Herc last stand. The first set was easy, but I should have stunned nobu, but I used merlin invuln, which was worse. I couldn't NP fast enough for the 2nd wave, so I blew 3 command seals to end it.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Something else came up, apparently a japanese VTuber hacked into FGO and got access to all the public profiles of Masters (including Support Servants, last connection, and Friend Code), so this may or may not escalate as DW/Aniplex still make no statement about it.

We'll see how this develops.

"**** if I know."

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

So, for obvious reasons I'm looking to fill out Rank Up quests this week. Any suggestions for a 1-3 star with... good mileage?

I started with Kojiro and Medusa who have 2 Strengthenings available and I was already levelling, I'm nearly done Shakespeare, and now I've got to look for another applicant.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2020-08-24 at 10:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Spartacus has three strengthenings.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

black beard has 2 stengthenings
    sansan has 2 strenghtenings
    eric bloodaxe has 2
    ushiwakamaru has 2
    caster cu has 2
    jing ke has 2

edit: also, while she is a 4 star, if you have a rider martha, level her she has 3 strengthenings and 2 sq giving interludes
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-08-25 at 02:00 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

Finished Spartacus. Once I finish Cu lily, Shakespeare, Cursed Arm Hassan, and Mata Hari I'll have reached another mission milestone.

I'll do Black Beard, Sanson, Bloodaxe, Caster Cu, and Jing Ke whenever I have the mats and time... and by mats I mean goddamned bones.

30. - Top - End - #930

NecromancerGirl

Got over 250 Bones, but what I'm lacking is Dust. So many bronze servants need Dust, and I'm fresh out after Skadi.

In other news, Skadi has finally proven herself not a total waste of a servant, as my Dantes DSS is working full time now. So that's embers sorted for a good long while. Between Dantes for Embers and Mordred for QP, I'm pretty set for farming teams of the basic dailies.

Looking ahead to the end of the year, there's only like 4 banners I want to roll on. GilFes, 14(12)Mil, Christmas, and LB4. Would only put a roll or two on each, as for at least some of them I just want an event CE or two to help the grind. So I think I might be able to survive this year with what I can save.

Then next year hits me like a truck with Illya followed by Shikibu, followed by Kingprotea, followed by Kama. Rough first 3 months of the year with 4 SSRs I want. So here's hoping I can save up at least something.