New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Also that long login streak does not get broken by unlogged days, only the weekly streak does.
    Oh, that's good to know. I've not had reason to break it thus far, but the holidays are coming and who knows if I'm sane or sober enough to login.

I don't really doubt we'll get those 10 summon tickets they promised - I mean, the climactic prize of the 8 million FGO download celebration cancelled by literal day-long maintenance would be somewhat poor optics - but I wasn't sure about the time left for vault farming or the streak bonus. Maintenance has never been this lengthy since I started playing again.

Did we get extra time back in the last Halloween rerun event for the bugged challenge missions?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

We didn't get extra time in Halloween for the bugged missions but the last time we had a 20+ hr maintenance in last year's nerofest, we got an extra day for the event.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-11-12 at 05:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Maintenance is extended to 20:00 PST. Streak will be impossible to keep.
    the website still says 18:00 PST, not sure where you are getting the 20:00 PST from. also 18 is when they will update us, not necessarily when it will end.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    the website still says 18:00 PST, not sure where you are getting the 20:00 PST from. also 18 is when they will update us, not necessarily when it will end.
    My bad, I got my information from someone who got mistaken.

5. - Top - End - #95

BlackDragon

Welp, maintenance got extended to 20:00 PST anyways. Impossible to not break everyone's login streak. Just relax and see how they'll deal with the compensation now.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

And also wait and see if apple app store cooperates. No wonder a lot of apps just let people sit through massive in game updates for new downloads instead of updating app in store regularly

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, here's the response for that dreaded streak-killer maintenance.

We'll get 34 SQ total, plus 30 Golden Apples.

For what's worth, it kinda covers what was lost, however it only grants 3 SQ as compensation (due to losing the 30 SQ worth of Summoning Tickets, and the 2nd day SQ for weekly login streaks). It was weak, unless the 10 tickets are also granted, in which case this was a great thing, as the cumulative Login bonus is not lost, only the weekly. It's gonna look pretty bad with a 1 / 700+ logins, but whatever, as long as those 50-day rewards aren't lost, I guess it's fine.

EDIT: I do believe the server is up, however due to the amount of people trying to get into the game, the server's very busy. Good luck on those rewards anyway~!
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-11-12 at 11:27 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

They're going to do an extra compensation for the lost streak of the 8 million campaign. They'll announce it later.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

they probably bumped the maintenance that extra 2 hours for the sake of making everyone on the same page so they can figure out an equal distribution and not worry about people being able or unable to login to claim it.

Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

I used 30 of that compensation SQ on a 10x roll on the new banner, and I ended up with 4 copies of the same 3* event CE, 1 copy of a 4* event CE, and my first Kaleidoscope.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I used 30 of that compensation SQ on a 10x roll on the new banner, and I ended up with 4 copies of the same 3* event CE, 1 copy of a 4* event CE, and my first Kaleidoscope.
    I did the same, got 3 copies of the 4* and 1 of the 3*. No Kaleidoscope of course.

Still, I now have something to give my Support Servants, as I don't have any of the Event ones levelled up besides Mash and Martha.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

a bit unfortunate but looks like anyone planning on using the 8 mil login tickets for event CEs for the rerun is mostly out of luck. since everyone will be getting them near the end of the event. at least we will be getting the rewards eventually. i plan on using them next month anyway.

Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I will never roll that many gold plated cards again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

14. - Top - End - #104

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I will never roll that many gold plated cards again.
    Cant do that with Single Rolls, that's for sure. Meanwhile I did 4 single rolls across 3 banners with some of the Sorry Quartz, and the game blessed me with 3 Star CEs.

I think the "luckiest" I have been was in the CCC event, with:

Spoiler: Whaling Ahoy!
    Show

Paid for this, way too much. And that was the very last roll of the near 600SQ spent. Not proud, and probably not worth it, but Kiara is one of my favourite villains.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-11-14 at 12:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Out of pure jealousy I decided to do another 10 Spin.

I somehow ended up with a Sanzang and an Emiya to boot.

No idea where that Sanzang came from. Probably the East.

16. - Top - End - #106

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Out of pure jealousy I decided to do another 10 Spin.

I somehow ended up with a Sanzang and an Emiya to boot.

No idea where that Sanzang came from. Probably the East.
    Nice, Bulma is one of the few 5 Star Buster Caster Powerhouses. Most others are known for their support abilities, but she along with Illya and Nero are the attackers of the class. Need assassin bosses dead? Ride the Flying Nimbus into melee combat and punch them into a mountain.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Nice, Bulma is one of the few 5 Star Buster Caster Powerhouses. Most others are known for their support abilities, but she along with Illya and Nero are the attackers of the class. Need assassin bosses dead? Ride the Flying Nimbus into melee combat and punch them into a mountain.
    Bulma was supposed to be Xuanzang? I suppose she'd have to be, just for lack of a better alternative among the Dragonball main characters.

While I've genuinely wanted her and have rolled for her banner when I got a spare ticket - mostly for her character from Camelot - I'm pretty heavy with un-levelled Casters at the moment. After getting Waver in Nerofest and devoting most of my resources to boosting him, at Halloween I suddenly got Nitocris and Helena Blavatsky in quick succession while looking for Event CEs, and finally I just rolled Caster Gilgamesh off the Babylonia banner.

I need so many Caster gems, so many.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Bulma was supposed to be Xuanzang? I suppose she'd have to be, just for lack of a better alternative among the Dragonball main characters.
    I mean, grounded, otherwise human character in a cast full of supernatural beings, unseals the monkey king and draws him into an adventure, restraining his more extreme impulses and acting as a moral center?

Seems legit.

While I've genuinely wanted her and have rolled for her banner when I got a spare ticket - mostly for her character from Camelot - I'm pretty heavy with un-levelled Casters at the moment. After getting Waver in Nerofest and devoting most of my resources to boosting him, at Halloween I suddenly got Nitocris and Helena Blavatsky in quick succession while looking for Event CEs, and finally I just rolled Caster Gilgamesh off the Babylonia banner.

I need so many Caster gems, so many.
    Thing to remember is that you don't need to level all of your casters - at least, not all at once. This is especially true if you have two 5-star Casters, and especially true if one of them is Waver and the other is Sanzang.

I've had an incomplete Nito sitting in my Chaldea for awhile now. And an incomplete Best Gil. After pouring resources into Waver and Casko - especially Waver - I'm pretty tapped out for awhile. So instead of leveling my Casters, I've switched to skilling up some of my other Servants. Like Quetz.

That's the trick to it. Don't sweat the classes you've tapped out on. Instead, focus on another class, and be pleasantly surprised when the resources gradually refill. For instance, focus on, say, Archers, and just let the Caster mats replenish on their own.

Or, you know, just scream into the unforgiving void of RNG. I do that too.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I mean, grounded, otherwise human character in a cast full of supernatural beings, unseals the monkey king and draws him into an adventure, restraining his more extreme impulses and acting as a moral center?

Seems legit.
    He's human, technically, but I remember Xuanzang having a whole host of supernatural abilities himself. I guess it's all relative, like being Captain America in the Avengers.

It feels like Xuanzang's character got mixed into Goku and then Toriyama gave some of Wukong's impishness to Bulma. Which is probably a better character dynamic admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Thing to remember is that you don't need to level all of your casters - at least, not all at once. This is especially true if you have two 5-star Casters, and especially true if one of them is Waver and the other is Sanzang.

I've had an incomplete Nito sitting in my Chaldea for awhile now. And an incomplete Best Gil. After pouring resources into Waver and Casko - especially Waver - I'm pretty tapped out for awhile. So instead of leveling my Casters, I've switched to skilling up some of my other Servants. Like Quetz.

That's the trick to it. Don't sweat the classes you've tapped out on. Instead, focus on another class, and be pleasantly surprised when the resources gradually refill. For instance, focus on, say, Archers, and just let the Caster mats replenish on their own.

Or, you know, just scream into the unforgiving void of RNG. I do that too.
    I am levelling them one at a time, it's more that Waver's been in my roster since Nerofest and I'm still working on feeding him materials and QP - especially QP - and I'm not super-looking forward to repeating it. Though this rerun event is making my life notably easier.

Incidently, what happens when two Servants use Target Focus in the same turn? If I had a Mash/Xuanzang party - which I will - do the enemies randomly choose between the two?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I am levelling them one at a time, it's more that Waver's been in my roster since Nerofest and I'm still working on feeding him materials and QP - especially QP - and I'm not super-looking forward to repeating it. Though this rerun event is making my life notably easier.

Incidently, what happens when two Servants use Target Focus in the same turn? If I had a Mash/Xuanzang party - which I will - do the enemies randomly choose between the two?
    For what it's worth, Xuanzang is less reliant on skills than Waver since she's less of a support. You can afford not to level her skills too much.

And yes, taunting with two characters makes the enemies attack either randomly.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

For what it's worth, Xuanzang is less reliant on skills than Waver since she's less of a support. You can afford not to level her skills too much.

And yes, taunting with two characters makes the enemies attack either randomly.
    Okay, I was assuming it was either that or the last one to cast it would take precedence.

'Cause I could see a situation where I want Mash's NP gain and Xuanzang's Damage Reduction when receiving an aoe attack.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Am i the only one who's drowning in mats and never really feels compelled to go hard on event shops...

(I actually like grinding but if it is to no end- why bother? I can usually pull through for bond points but everyone is in the hundred thousands, so no urgency. My only real motivation here is that i really like clearing lotto boxes.)

Though it has its perks, like not having to worry about your lackluster bonus servants. (40 ap battles are getting dicey)

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    Am i the only one who's drowning in mats and never really feels compelled to go hard on event shops...

(I actually like grinding but if it is to no end- why bother? I can usually pull through for bond points but everyone is in the hundred thousands, so no urgency. My only real motivation here is that i really like clearing lotto boxes.)

Though it has its perks, like not having to worry about your lackluster bonus servants. (40 ap battles are getting dicey)
    It highly depends on which servants you upgrade. If you have your small team of servants and don't really focus on others, you'll never want for mats. But if you try to upgrade many servants, you'll find yourself having some shortages.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

It highly depends on which servants you upgrade. If you have your small team of servants and don't really focus on others, you'll never want for mats. But if you try to upgrade many servants, you'll find yourself having some shortages.
    Even if I didn't need the mats - which I do, at least the feathers - I always want the Fous and as many Mana Prisms as possible.

Though I agree that the Roulette is my favourite event mechanic I've seen thus far.

25. - Top - End - #115

BlackDragon

You think you have a lot of mats and then you 10/10/10 a few SR or SSR servants and now you're back in mat hell.

The grind is eternal.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-11-15 at 06:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

I could only 10/10/10 a few Sr/ssr servants of I spent vlike 50 gold apples on vault farming. And tbh the skill gems are a much bigger problem than other mats for me. getting servants skills to 7 is a lot harder than getting them to 10
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-11-15 at 08:28 PM.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    You think you have a lot of mats and then you 10/10/10 a few SR or SSR servants and now you're back in mat hell.

The grind is eternal.

"Lean and mean" is my general approach but beyond efficiency-

If it's not a support skill, it just doesn't feel like you're getting your money's worth.

10/10/10 is an exclusive club for my grailed servants... makes the whole "ceremony" that much more special.

speaking of... they grow up so quickly, bond+ can't come any sooner.

my favorites are starting to all max out (currently at 3) and well... https://gamepress.gg/grandorder/manga/chapter-27-0 (it hurts but it's so true. how slowly the bp's rack up, i didn't even think maxing was realistic, but welp.)

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

is it just me or is the CE drop rate much higher this rerun? i haven't even been spending all my AP and i already have 2 drops from quests.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    is it just me or is the CE drop rate much higher this rerun? i haven't even been spending all my AP and i already have 2 drops from quests.
    I haven't gotten one yet. Supposedly the last free mission has a 2% drop rate for it, so I'm hoping for that to change my luck.

Incidently, I just realized that the Amakusa Shirou bit in the story is a Tuxedo Mask reference. At least I'm pretty sure it is.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

The slow pacing of this event is killing me.