New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Well, new banner is up. Rolled a bunch, came away mostly happy. My real goal never showed up, but I got some very good consolation prizes.

I wanted Yu Mei-ren, but came out of 6 Ten Rolls with two more Scopes bringing my total to 3, as well as Qin Shi Huang, which is very much a better deal.

What order should I level his skills in, if I was to devote to one of them first? I'm thinking his 3rd, as it has the NP Battery, but maybe his second with its Attack Up, or his first with it's Defense Down. Tough call.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

Did I miss the part of the story where the captain of the guard's identity was revealed? I knew who it was because people in another forum I post in talked about it, but I don't remember it actually coming up in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Well, new banner is up. Rolled a bunch, came away mostly happy. My real goal never showed up, but I got some very good consolation prizes.

I wanted Yu Mei-ren, but came out of 6 Ten Rolls with two more Scopes bringing my total to 3, as well as Qin Shi Huang, which is very much a better deal.

What order should I level his skills in, if I was to devote to one of them first? I'm thinking his 3rd, as it has the NP Battery, but maybe his second with its Attack Up, or his first with it's Defense Down. Tough call.
    Congrats! I'm a bit jealous though. I dropped 7 tickets and 360 quartz (including 60 of my paid quartz stockpile) pursuing QSH. I didn't get him, but I did get Zerkerlot, Carmilla, 3 copies of Yu Mei-Ren, another Fragment of 2030, and enough copies of Origin Bullet to MLB mine. Then I bought some quartz, summoned again, and... got a 3rd 2030, Carmilla NP2, 2 more copies of Mei-Ren, but still no QSH.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2020-12-03 at 02:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Did I miss the part of the story where the captain of the guard's identity was revealed? I knew who it was because people in another forum I post in talked about it, but I don't remember it actually coming up in the story.
    Nah, I believe he's only called Captain of the Guard. Though his NP is named almost the same as his Lancer's counterpart, and Bajiquan is mentioned among his skills, and overall he's pretty similar to his Lancer form albeit with some improvements. So it's not too difficult to deduce his identity, if you've fought him at least.

Regardless, he's going to be a New Year's Servant next month, so anyone reaching LB3 after that point will know anyways.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, at least he looks cooler than his Lancer version. I think it's the glasses.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Troll in the Playground

5 Tickets. Gold Sparks. Welcome to Chaldea, Emperor Qin. Call me a Confucian again and it's into the Archive with you.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

I had the opposite problem - I wanted Shi Huang, but got Yu instead. She gave me attitude when she showed up, and all I could think was, "Yeah, it's mutual." I did get Red Hare, though, so that was a nice treat.

In terms of leveling Qin's skills, I'd recommend the third first. Yes, it has his NP battery, but more than that, his NP contains most of his functionality. Need him to stall/taunt? His NP. Want him to crit? His NP. So definitely that one first. After that, I'd actually recommend his first skill over his second. The ATK up on his second is okay, but not amazing, and the AoE stun - while great if it connects - has a chance to miss. By contrast, his first skill contains a DEF down - a force multiplier and functionally the same as a (weaker) ATK up - and an NP gauge down, which is great for stalling. So I'd probably focus on his skills in the 3 > 1 > 2 order.

I'm trying to decide if I should use any more of my SQ to try for Qin... I think no. As much as I like the guy, there's just too much in the coming year to worry about. There's a certain sparrow around New Years, and I could really use a good 5-star Saber; Prisma Codes rerun in January-February, in case I decide I need another chance at Illya; another event in February with a chance at a famous author; the SE.RA.PH rerun, with a chance at Kaiju Daughteru... and that's all within the next couple of months. So I'mma hold off.

For Kaiju Daughteru.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

I went on to spend my budgeted SQ between the banners...and got Artemis. I think I just spent the rest of my luck for the year.

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

My friend bought me some Google Play gift cards as a late birthday present (like, 4 months late) so I threw down one more time, and this time my results were very different:

Osakabehime
    Yu Mei-Ren #6 a rare prism
    Qin Shi MF'n Huang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had enough quartz left for one last 10-roll, so I threw it at the other banner. Got Xiang Yu on the very first roll.

Time for me to stop summoning for the rest of the year.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was stuck on Verse 12 of S.I.N. up until now. This Lostbelt feels like a massive difficulty spike, it's Camelot all over again.
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2020-12-03 at 01:48 PM.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rolled for the ruler, got the assassin, to archives with yu.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Rolled for the ruler, got the assassin, to archives with yu.
    Yeah, Yu is definitely more waifu-bait than solid servant. I'm building mine, but that's because I got her all the way to NP5. I actually summoned 6 copies of her before finally getting my Peacock Emperor Boi. Between her pathetic attack stat and the fact that she strips off buffs before her NP (unless her 2nd skill lets her keep them), she's kinda tricky to use.

Still, I'm glad to finally have another AoE assassin option besides summer Scathach or borrowing someone's Shuten-Douji.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Blegh. I don't know how to beat Xiang Yu and Yu Mei-Ren. The two of them together just do... Way too much that is basically impossible to counter.

13. - Top - End - #1243

NecromancerGirl

You need to max Yu's second skill to get the most out of her NP. Doing so negates the Buff Removal part of her NP. Very tricky to use, but AoE assassins are few and far between so getting any is still a step up from none. And lore wise her being Waifu bait works, as that was most of her goals. Reunite with her loved one, with no care what happens to the rest of the world.

I'd like to think the reason for her being such a weak character as a servant is she is so disinterested in the battle she barely even tries. Which given shes in theory a scary boss fight(magifender shuten nps twice, easy win) shows she can be super dangerous if shes putting in effort.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

You need to max Yu's second skill to get the most out of her NP. Doing so negates the Buff Removal part of her NP. Very tricky to use, but AoE assassins are few and far between so getting any is still a step up from none. And lore wise her being Waifu bait works, as that was most of her goals. Reunite with her loved one, with no care what happens to the rest of the world.

I'd like to think the reason for her being such a weak character as a servant is she is so disinterested in the battle she barely even tries. Which given shes in theory a scary boss fight(magifender shuten nps twice, easy win) shows she can be super dangerous if shes putting in effort.
    Yeah, I'm working on her 2nd skill but I'm currently stuck in QP hell, especially since I just got a truckload of new servants to build. Even when that skill is maxed though, it only lasts for 1 turn which means you won't have it again for another 5 turns. I've heard she gets an upgrade down the line somewhere which mitigates that, but for now it limits her. I don't think she's terrible, but I also don't think she'd be a priority to invest in if I only had her at NP1.

Her dialogue when summoned and during ascensions does support the idea that she's not really invested in helping, especially given who she got summoned by.

But since I also got Xiang Yu (I like to think Mei-Ren served as a catalyst since I literally got him in my very first roll on his banner after summoning her), I also want to see if they're effective together. Eventually. Because I have to build QSH first.

15. - Top - End - #1245

NecromancerGirl

Well, finished the lostbelt.

Yu was actually super easy. Medea Lily, Shuten Caster, and Support Merlin made it done in like, 5 turns.
    White Lancer was a joke, Best Boy Bediviere slapped her down.
    The big wave was slightly harder, but I borrowed my brother's strategy and brought Double Skadi Summer Ushi, along with Medea, Okita Alter, and Mecha Eli, with as many Sure Hit CEs as I could fit in.
    Old Man Li was rough, he packs a serious punch. Had to use revives on him.
    The Lovers fight was harder, but MHXX won the battle for me. Her ability to nuke Berserkers while not instantly dying is super good.
    The Emperor of Mankind was tricky, took a few tires but two Ice Goddess' taking their big fluffy dog for a walk along with JAlter having gotten some Attila brand chocolate took him down fast.
    The tree was super easy, Shuten and Melt cut it down super fast.

All in all, not the most fun, and definitely a difficulty spike. And likely the last one I will do for a while. Going to take the next while to restock QP, and grind out the items needed to Max my upcoming goals as soon as I roll them. And OH BOY I got a list, and its a rough one. But its for most if not all of 2021, so I should be able to make it work.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Bugbear in the Playground

Christmas event page is up for NA - https://fate-go.us/christmas2020/sp/
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2020-12-09 at 04:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Yeah, Yu is definitely more waifu-bait than solid servant.
    I have a couple of average Assassins that ive invested into and like as Characters and have no need for another one, a lippy one at that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Christmas event page is up for NA - https://fate-go.us/christmas2020/sp/
    Sees Bradamante

Oh no she's cute

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Sees Bradamante

Oh no she's cute
    Sees Bradamante

Why doesn't her dress cover her crotch?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #1250

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Sees Bradamante

Why doesn't her dress cover her crotch?
    Cause its not a dress, its a coat. She normally wears a leotard, and as she ascends she adds a coat to it. And if just that little bit that puts you off her, don't watch her NP. It gets worse there. Poor camera angles do her no favours. Or, given how bland a character she is, focuses on the one thing of note about her. Poor girl is just walking fan service, and they never do much with her. There are far better lancers out there, notably 4 stars, shes very skippable.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

Cause its not a dress, its a coat. She normally wears a leotard, and as she ascends she adds a coat to it. And if just that little bit that puts you off her, don't watch her NP. It gets worse there. Poor camera angles do her no favours. Or, given how bland a character she is, focuses on the one thing of note about her. Poor girl is just walking fan service, and they never do much with her. There are far better lancers out there, notably 4 stars, shes very skippable.
    The fan service aspect is always annoying, but can be ignored if they have something else going for them. From that sounds of it, she doesn't. So yeah, very skippable. I'll keep building up Cu instead. I've gotten his Prototype version to Level 50, and have stalled due to lack of Acorns. I'm debating if I should take this opportunity to start on Classic Cu, or if I should wait until I max out Prototype first (at least until the first time I need to use a Holy Grail on him)

But the end goal is certainly to have a team that is all the versions of Cu + Scarthath.

EDIT: Also yes, I am annoyed that she takes off her coat in order to use her NP. The *** shot is just the cherry on the cake.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2020-12-10 at 03:56 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

Oh~

The Child of Atlas CE is pretty great. 35% Special Attack on Berserkers and Ignore Defense. I don't have Ignore Defense on a CE - if such a CE existed prior to this I do not possess it - I certainly could've used it in Gilfes for that Leonidas fight... or any other occasion with similar stacking defense buff.

Also, considering how often Berserker bosses pop up to terrorize me since the end of Part 1 -- that special attack is most welcome.

I didn't even know they had technical issues with the Thanksgiving summon banner, I guess it's technically fair since I did roll on it and it was promised to be there in the background.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Oh~

The Child of Atlas CE is pretty great. 35% Special Attack on Berserkers and Ignore Defense. I don't have Ignore Defense on a CE - if such a CE existed prior to this I do not possess it - I certainly could've used it in Gilfes for that Leonidas fight... or any other occasion with similar stacking defense buff.

Also, considering how often Berserker bosses pop up to terrorize me since the end of Part 1 -- that special attack is most welcome.

I didn't even know they had technical issues with the Thanksgiving summon banner, I guess it's technically fair since I did roll on it and it was promised to be there in the background.
    small note about ignore defense type things. they only ignore up to 100% of defense buffs so if a challenge has say 200% defense, then you still need something like a charisma buff or something to do some damage. not sure if the CE stacks with a servant who has ignore defense on their NP or something. also flat damage always goes through % defense. not sure how ignore def interacts with damage cut if it does.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-12-11 at 12:10 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #1254

Two Utterly useless 10 rolls on the Martha banner got me nothing and then 5 tickets heralded two Martha Rulers...
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #1255

NecromancerGirl

Rolled a bunch for Bradamante. Got 3 copies of Martha Ruler bringing mine to NP5, 2 regular Martha bringing mine to NP4, 4 of the Ana CEs, 8 Ring the Bell, and Sanzang! Super happy about that last one, though it might make me rework my entire rolling plans for next month as I'm not sure if I still will want/need Illya. The lack of a 5th SSR CE annoys me, as I would have Loved to MLB it. But I might try again come Quetz and Brada's dual day.

Fighting Rulers has gotten super fun now that I have Lobo. Two Skadi take their Fenrir puppy for a walk. Its a great image.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

I just got some event CEs, which is slightly disappointing for 7 tickets and two 10-rolls. Still, not terrible. I was hoping for a Martha Ruler or just another plain Martha to get mine to NP5 for the sake of completion, but I'll gladly take the CEs anyways.

I believe I shall save for Kama's banner in March, though I am tempted to roll for the Beni-Enma and Tamamo banner for New Years.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I just got some event CEs, which is slightly disappointing for 7 tickets and two 10-rolls. Still, not terrible. I was hoping for a Martha Ruler or just another plain Martha to get mine to NP5 for the sake of completion, but I'll gladly take the CEs anyways.

I believe I shall save for Kama's banner in March, though I am tempted to roll for the Beni-Enma and Tamamo banner for New Years.
    Yeah, I'm mostly doing the later. I did a single ten-roll and my weekly ticket, only got a handful of event CEs but that's fine. But i want Birdon Ramsey and Kama.

Honestly after pulling QSH without trying, I'll be shocked to get anything the rest of the year.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

What kind of deal with the devil did I do to get Bradamante, Ruler Martha and Xiang Yu in the same roll?! My first 10-roll too.

And then while continuing to roll for CEs, Bradamante NP2.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

No rolls on this banner for me - my SQ supply is too depleted from my expensive pursuit of QSH. I'm going to be very dependent on friend supports for CE bonuses this event.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, this will be a tricky one. Usually, it's a case of "grind hard on the first run-through, easy street on the rerun," but there has been no rerun of this event.

Once more, for the people in the back: There has been no rerun of this event.

For some people, that means "attack the gacha for CEs." In my case, it means "don't bother with gacha CEs, you will not use them a second time." So I'm just charging the event headfirst.

Keep in mind that for the first couple of days we only have zones with low drop rates. After later zones unlock, the drop rates will be much better.

So yeah. Put event bonus Servants in your team, and hope your friends list has some people with event CEs. That's basically how it goes for this one.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!