New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    is it just me or is the CE drop rate much higher this rerun? i haven't even been spending all my AP and i already have 2 drops from quests.
    I haven't gotten a single CE drop from running quests. On the other hand, I got 4 copies of the same event CE from a single 10x friend summon.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

so many tickets and SQ lately. it's like a flood. and english speaker specific qol stuff like subtitles too. this is all very strangely generous relative to how things have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I haven't gotten one yet. Supposedly the last free mission has a 2% drop rate for it, so I'm hoping for that to change my luck.

Incidently, I just realized that the Amakusa Shirou bit in the story is a Tuxedo Mask reference. At least I'm pretty sure it is.
    the mask is a running gag in events. it could be a tuxedo mask reference as well, they like making multiple references at once. actually which event is the first one with the mask gag? was it the first summer event? i can't remember.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Really like the subtitles. It makes the NPs feel even more epic because they've only used them for the very rare in-battle cut-scene before, and while I can generally understand the Japanese there are a lot of esoteric and non-Japanese words in some of those.

Also, I tend to play with my sound down, so that's cool.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I love the subtitles. I don't speak a word of Japanese so it's nice to know what all that talk before Noble Phantasm names is all about.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I love the subtitles. I don't speak a word of Japanese so it's nice to know what all that talk before Noble Phantasm names is all about.
    Technically you can see the lines in the profiles of each servant, but it's very nice to get the subtitles during NP use.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Technically you can see the lines in the profiles of each servant, but it's very nice to get the subtitles during NP use.
    Somehow the subtitles make the NPs feel more cinematic. Which, given that they're unskippable cinematic clips, feels entirely appropriate.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

I stopped playing for like 6 months as I got a new job and moved 3000 miles, and just... Needed to spend time doing other things. Playing again now though!

Add me!

Spoiler
    Show

This is my "standard" support setup.
    Last edited by Manticoran; 2019-11-19 at 10:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    I stopped playing for like 6 months as I got a new job and moved 3000 miles, and just... Needed to spend time doing other things. Playing again now though!

Add me!

Spoiler
    Show

Sent you a request! Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

In the end, the promised tickets were delivered!

And I also enjoy the subtitles. Believe it or not, this is kinda the way I learned basic English way back while playing Ocarina of Time and Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64 (yeah, that last one was probably not a great example for a 9 year old to follow, but I was learning at least n_nU), so as a japanese student myself it is a great help to get used to some words and their meanings.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

To easily clear some of the new thanksgiving master missions, run Montgomery in America once, and Jura in Orleans twice. After that it's just ember and QP farming.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

and i finish the final lotto box as the event wraps up. got the important bits out of the shop, only used apples to make up for not using all my naturally generated ap. still have a ton of bronz and silver apples.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pff I have 280 golden apples. I can never use them faster then I get them.

For this event, I managed to clear 9 lotto boxes, 5 of them were done during the last 12 hours of the event. I'm tired.

Also, I noticed I had 13 tickets today and tossed them all at various banners. Pulled King Hassan on the last ticket. That's really good for me, assassins are one of my few remaining weak points, and I have 400 quartz saved for Ereshkigal, so farming assassin embers for King Hassan also gets me lancer embers I can save for her.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

I just did not have the time or energy to farm the event, which is more or less fine as I got Smolter last year. Now to take advantage of this Half AP bonus so I can rebuild my prism stock.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

14. - Top - End - #134

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post

Add me!

Spoiler
    Show

Request sent.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

first time i've seen the "you didn't get the event servant" screen...

even though i have her i still freaked out a little when i noticed the event was over. it went so quick.

figured we'd get salem right after but i guess a dead week it be.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

16. - Top - End - #136

NecromancerGirl

"Dead week" with some of the best grinding time ever. Im drowning in low level low rarity servants as well as a few low utility golds I haven't bothered with. I also need a poop ton of pages and lanterns. I also am super behind on Shimosa still at the Archer Inferno fight, so a dead week is highly welcome. I refuse to believe anyone could actually have literally no need for embers, gems, or qp. I am ALWAYS in high need of all 3.

17. - Top - End - #137

As I stopped playing around agartha, I'm pretty happy for the opportunity to catch up on the singularities.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    "Dead week" with some of the best grinding time ever. Im drowning in low level low rarity servants as well as a few low utility golds I haven't bothered with. I also need a poop ton of pages and lanterns. I also am super behind on Shimosa still at the Archer Inferno fight, so a dead week is highly welcome. I refuse to believe anyone could actually have literally no need for embers, gems, or qp. I am ALWAYS in high need of all 3.
    Agreed. We need those so-called dead weeks. Especially after a grinding-heavy event like Christmas. Let me enjoy a few days of relaxing farming.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

i guess i'm the only one hyped for a certain banner.

quite frankly, i'd take another back-to-back like summer (?), but the monthly reset tickets will be a nice addition.

20. - Top - End - #140

NecromancerGirl

That's the weird thing of the FGO fans. They will complain of back to back events and stories due to burn out and fatigue. Then the instant they have a quiet moment they complain of dead weeks.

I will admit, I would rather have Hokusai then Abi, not that will stop me from one or two 10 rolls on Abi's banner.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

That's the weird thing of the FGO fans. They will complain of back to back events and stories due to burn out and fatigue. Then the instant they have a quiet moment they complain of dead weeks.

I will admit, I would rather have Hokusai then Abi, not that will stop me from one or two 10 rolls on Abi's banner.

I was originally shooting for "Kat Usa" but after chickening out on Osakabehime (whoever was brave enough to pull on that banner for her has my respect) i had to readjust my sights.

being close was a perk but with Abby's banner. you get a chance at her and a single target caster (queen of sheba). The only thing that could make it better would be an exclusive ce.

It all works out better as i want to pull heavy during next summer and i can get a head start on saving.

plus gameplay wise

Kat usa's skills do nothing for me. I was always just into here for the design and Np animation.

While Abby and Sheba have great designs and skills i like using (party buffs).

22. - Top - End - #142

I'm very much enjoying the dead week, personally. It gives me time for qp farming and days where I just log in and do nothing. Great for recovering from grindy events.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

As someone who is still progressing through the singularities and who has lost out on several event quests that are locked to me because of it, I absolutely love having a dead week. However, I could also have benefited from another day or two of this last event. I didn't quite clear the lottery, and there were a few other things I wanted to buy in the event shop that I didn't have time to get. I still got over 90% of it all, but even one more day would have been appreciated.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

I got my Parvati, Lancer Artoria Alter, and Sanzang to max level with the 1/2 off ember grinding. Also went through the extremely tedious process of grinding Caster gems. After, like, 80 times through the Novice Caster training ground I'm still only around 60% done.

Generally though, now that I've had a chance to get some of that heavy lifting out of the way I do feel much better. Rolling for a new Servant at least feels much more reasonable.

25. - Top - End - #145

I'm in the Bone Zone right now, looking forward to Salem and Xmas.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I've mostly just been using the 1/2 AP dailies to refill my mana prisms. Aside from that, just leveling some 4-stars to 80. Not a lot of rush, really. Kind of enjoying the low-pressure of dead week.

While it lasts.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

It seems as though Padoru has broken into fgo na headquarters.

May we all pray she's successful in her 25 day siege.

(They're not messing around, starting this advent calendar off strong. I don't want to get too hyped for day 25 but...)

28. - Top - End - #148

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    It seems as though Padoru has broken into fgo na headquarters.

May we all pray she's successful in her 25 day siege.

(They're not messing around, starting this advent calendar off strong. I don't want to get too hyped for day 25 but...)
    And yet we STILL haven't had a Santa Nero, despite being the primary source of Christmas Memes in the Fate community. Or a Nero Alter for that matter. Heck, all the other Saber Clones have had Alters, besides Nero and Mordred. And there has yet to be a Padaru joke in the FGO Christmas Events. Heck, even Mash has a sort of Alter in that her fused spirit has an Alter form in one of the other series.

Basically, I just want another Nero. I got all 3, now I wish for more. If Nero Rider is actually a thing, and not a fake, then I really hope she gets adapted as Nero Alter.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

And yet we STILL haven't had a Santa Nero, despite being the primary source of Christmas Memes in the Fate community. Or a Nero Alter for that matter. Heck, all the other Saber Clones have had Alters, besides Nero and Mordred. And there has yet to be a Padaru joke in the FGO Christmas Events. Heck, even Mash has a sort of Alter in that her fused spirit has an Alter form in one of the other series.

Basically, I just want another Nero. I got all 3, now I wish for more. If Nero Rider is actually a thing, and not a fake, then I really hope she gets adapted as Nero Alter.
    I hear there was a bit in FGO NP where Nero was seen in a scene with a bunch of Alter Servants, and when someone asks why she's the odd duck in the group, Nero implies that she, in a sense, may already be the Alter version of Heroic Spirit Nero Claudius.

The "Alter" heading is an 'alternative version' of the hero in question, but it doesn't inherently mean a darker or more evil alternative.

As it is, there's been a lot of hints circling around Nero, but few concrete answers.
    Last edited by Tsuzurao; 2019-12-01 at 04:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuzurao View Post
    I hear there was a bit in FGO NP where Nero was seen in a scene with a bunch of Alter Servants, and when someone asks why she's the odd duck in the group, Nero implies that she, in a sense, may already be the Alter version of Heroic Spirit Nero Claudius.

The "Alter" heading is an 'alternative version' of the hero in question, but it doesn't inherently mean a darker or more evil alternative.

As it is, there's been a lot of hints circling around Nero, but few concrete answers.
    Which just goes to show that Imperial Privilege is a freaking broken skill.