New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

I'd like Venus Nero personally, particularly for a Valentine's Day-kind of thing. It is her final super-form in Extella --

Spoiler
    Show

Though I'd make her a Ruler in FGO, as obviously another Saber Nero isn't necessary.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So more tales in rate up is a lie coming back in a really odd way just because it frustrated me so badly with pulls on the Nezha/Caster of Oceanos banner.

90 SQ in and I pull the following:
    My 8th Fragment of 2030
    2 Code casts
    Osakabehime
    Mordred
    Beowulf
    Assorted 3 stars

Seriously I just wanted 1 copy of each of the new 4 stars and I landed 2 new 5 star servants, a CE I've pulled too many of already, and some junk 4 star CEs. I'm torn between "just give me what I want!" and "Well I got 2 more 5 star servants out of 3 pulls". Also after trying other games where there's a Pity system for pulls (i.e. the "121 Club" for Epic Seven where you're guaranteed a banner 5 star) or FE Heroes upping rates with each non-5star hero (despite many other issues with that game that had me stop playing) I think FGO could stand to implement something similar.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Though I'd make her a Ruler in FGO, as obviously another Saber Nero isn't necessary.
    more Saberface Sabers are always necessisary!
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

I did a single ten-pull as soon as the new banner showed up. I was thinking "I achieved my goal of 300 SQ, I deserve at least one attempt at addictive mobile game gambling self-induced misery".

But lo, I was given Abby.

Spoiler: Pancakes for everyone!
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

I don't care what anyone says-

single > multi

48 tickets 290 sq

got abby right off the bat (first 5 tickets)

Sheba np 2

out of nowhere Jack (...and fionn)

ce's were unremarkable, i think i'll be able to mlb one of them.

All and all i'm left with 80 sq (i told myself i'd stop when i np2'd either one of the focus.)

I recorded the whole session, if i can be bothered to edit it, i'll upload to youtube... if anyone cares (lol).

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Did 2 10 rolls. Got Sheba. Now to wait for Eresh to do a 10 roll or two then wait for Hokusai to drop all my leftover SQ on as well as maybe spend a little of my year end bonus on. Just hope I don't have a repeat of last new years where Ozy comes out of nowhere.

EDIT: Did some crazy single rolls, hoping for Abby. Didn't get Abby. Did get a second Sheba, as well as a random Spook by Nightingale. However, I basically burned what I was saving for Eresh, so I'm 100% not getting her unless one of the event summon tickets works a miracle. Then after that I'm basically forced into Whaling for Hokusai. Had 130ish SQ before the banner dropped. Used 60 on 10 rolls, and the remaining 70ish on singles. Now I'm at 0. So, yeah, Single Pulls got me good stuff. But as I barely had anything its not like I saved anything, heck, I basically threw away SQ I should have been saving for other better things.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-12-09 at 02:03 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. First, some non-spoiler thoughts on Salem.

I really liked how story-driven it was. Commenters are correct, there's a lot more fluff than combat to this one, which means that for people with an itchy Skip Button finger it'll pass very quickly, but the story does an amazing job of creating powerful atmosphere. What Agartha failed to accomplish, this succeeded at wonderfully.

On a related point, it was comfortably easy. As long as you don't focus too hard on the Bond boost - I kept three Casters on my back row, but upfront was Mash and Heracles (except for at one point) - the Power Down debuff is manageable. I never needed Command Seals. To be fair, I have three max-level Alter Egos - not that I needed more than one, Lip is a tank - so I had a bit of an advantage at that one point.

Onto pulls. I allowed myself a single 30-SQ pull, because everything else is For Eresh. I expected nothing.

I got MidCas. Now, I need more Casters like a hole in the head, and MidCas is story pool, so it's not like she's impossible to get otherwise, but she's a solid support Caster, and my first ST Buster Caster, and I really like her aesthetic. Even if she does go full-on World of Warcraft garish wardrobe by her final Ascension. So I was pretty happy.

Then, on a lark, I decided to blow a couple of tickets. Not all of them, just a few.

I have an Abby now.

I wasn't planning to whale for Hokusai. I get why people like her - two Arts cards and an Arts NP means plenty of Arts chaining, plus that third skill is legitimately nuts. But if I'm getting a Foreigner for gameplay reasons, I want one who can take out Berserker targets one-on-one, hard. Abby's ST Buster NP does that. Further, her kit is extremely solid, providing team buffs and decent debuffs, and her NP has a buff eraser that triggers before the damage - meaning it's a great way to hit, say, a Berserker with Dodge.

Also, she's adorable. I know it's not the same Abby we met in Salem, but I want to give her headpats.

So, yeah. I probably blew all my Eresh luck, but I'm still gonna aim for that gold ring as well. Best of luck to anyone else whaling on this banner or the next few.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

I enjoyed Salem well enough, it was nice not having any battles that made me use my Command Seals, unlike Shimousa. And I am lucky enough to have Nitocris, who makes a mockery of a lot of the fights.

It was also really fun fighting the final boss with Melt, Mehca Elly and support Kiara. It was a very "You came to the wrong neighborhood" moment.

I had tossed a couple tickets at the first banner, for laughs and got nothing. But every last SQ and ticket I have now is going for Eresh, sorry Abby.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I had to use my command seals only at the final battle because I insist on using story support when they're there.

I regret nothing.

My quartz and tickets remain for Eresh only. Even if getting the new class would be nice, I'm prioritizing Eresh.

Besides, there will be other foreigners, and I think I'd prefer MHXX, although I'm going to prioritize Jeanne Archer for that summer event.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-12-09 at 02:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Besides, there will be other foreigners, and I think I'd prefer MHXX, although I'm going to prioritize Jeanne Archer for that summer event.
    I'll be prioritizing who I didn't get last summer this summer, since you know, they won't come back again. That mostly means Saber Fran, Caster Umu and Maid Alter.

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

I almost always use the story Servants, and have tried to ween as much Bond as possible in these Remnants. I had to use seals twice so far in Shinjuku, once for the very angry puppy (I'd have been fine had I brought Mash to tank the NP, or put stronger Servants in the support slots) and once again in the second-to-last battle (because Emiya Alter was next to useless there in terms of DPS, mostly).

I don't mind waiting for the seals to come back. I still have 20 or so free missions to clear, so if I lose my command seals now I can just do those quests for a while.

I used Abby in Arash's interlude, it's really nice to have something reliable against those high-HP Chimera waves -- and even at level 57 she can already do that shockingly well. Especially when the Chimera are placed in the middle wave, where I want to keep up my NP charge for the final battle but at the same time I don't want to have my health chunked down by Berserker crits while I'm racing down their HP. I mean, it's not the biggest thing in the world, but it comes up plenty of times in Events especially.

12. - Top - End - #162

NecromancerGirl

The nice thing about this coming summer is all the characters I want are on one banner. BB, MHXX, and Medb. Though Ibaraki and Ushi are highly tempting. Don't care for Archer Jeanne at all, Tsundere Chuuni JAlter is all the Jeanne I need. But man, it will be a gauntlet for me before then. There's a whole pile of characters I want before then though. A second try at Fran as well as Skadi being right before BB is super rough. And Okita Alter as well.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

So, how much do I really need the new class? I'm not really excited about Abby as a character, and I'm generally of the opinion that the Fate series was better when they just had the seven basic classes and before they started adding all these other ones. But I also know that's clouding my thinking a bit in terms of whether it's actually a good idea.

So how important is it to have a Foreigner in my lineup?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

14. - Top - End - #164

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    So, how much do I really need the new class? I'm not really excited about Abby as a character, and I'm generally of the opinion that the Fate series was better when they just had the seven basic classes and before they started adding all these other ones. But I also know that's clouding my thinking a bit in terms of whether it's actually a good idea.

They are a Berserker Counter. The only class that Resists them, with the usual bonus damage to them. Pretty niche, but a bit more useful then a Moon Cancer or Avenger who only really hurt one rare enemy type. Abby is better for killing Zerker bosses or single enemies, Hokusai is better for clearing waves of them. And then in summer 2020 there's a single target 4 star Saberface Foreigner if that's more your fancy.

The Extra Classes are generally seen as, you know, Extra. They are nice to have as they make some things easier, and sometimes its simpler to just slap a dedicated counter in then build a team that meshes well, but if you have a solid enough roster, you usually have enough options that a dedicated counter isn't entirely needed. And for Foreigners in particular, they do something that most long time players have already found ways around. Zerkers tend to take more damage then they give out, so a solid team can usually blitz them down quite well. But on the other hand, its super satisfying seeing that jerk Chimera do blue numbers and barely scratch you with their super annoying crits that one shot other classes. So, I would rank Foreigners as a little more useful to the average foe then Moon Cancers the Avenger counter or Avengers the Ruler counter.

However, BB stands solidly on her own despite her class, and Rulers are quite common on higher end event quests making Avengers worthwhile, not even counting JAlter who basically does Effective damage numbers based purely on her super high attack value. On that hand, Abby is a solid support, not counting her Zerker Boss killing power, making her semi worth it outside her class as long as you have characters who could take advantage of her skills.

But yeah, if you can kill Zerkers dead easy enough, Foreigners aren't going to do anything too special for you. And there's 2 others coming up in the next year who might strike your design interest more then Abby, those being a Japanese Painter with Octopus motif and a Mecha Girl Saberface. If those sound more interesting then a Gothic Lolita girl, save your SQ for later.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-12-09 at 07:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Short version? Not very. Foreigner is an extremely niche class with basically one function - they are anti-Berserkers. They deal extra damage to, and take less from, Berserkers. They also deal bonus damage to a future boss, but that's a way out yet.

In game terms, Foreigners are just not that useful. But you don't roll for the meta. You roll for love. This is a waifu battle simulator.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Short version? Not very. Foreigner is an extremely niche class with basically one function - they are anti-Berserkers. They deal extra damage to, and take less from, Berserkers. They also deal bonus damage to a future boss, but that's a way out yet.

In game terms, Foreigners are just not that useful. But you don't roll for the meta. You roll for love. This is a waifu battle simulator.
    Not everyone cares about waifus/husbandos, some of us just like anime and history/mythology.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I'll be prioritizing who I didn't get last summer this summer, since you know, they won't come back again. That mostly means Saber Fran, Caster Umu and Maid Alter.
    The only servant I wanted from that summer was Berserker Nobu, which I thankfully got, so although those others would be nice (caster Umu especially since she's probably the strongest AoE caster of the game), I can do without.
    I want Jeanne archer because I want to grail every Jeanne in the game to 100 and make a team of Jeannes.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

well, i do like abigail so i gave into the urge for one ten pull. also i need to represent the ten pull gang.

Spoiler: 10 pull hype!
    Show

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    well, i do like abigail so i gave into the urge for one ten pull. also i need to represent the ten pull gang.

Spoiler: 10 pull hype!
    Show
    This is the kind of pull that is just trying to tempt me into making bad decisions.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

The only servant I wanted from that summer was Berserker Nobu, which I thankfully got, so although those others would be nice (caster Umu especially since she's probably the strongest AoE caster of the game), I can do without.
    I want Jeanne archer because I want to grail every Jeanne in the game to 100 and make a team of Jeannes.
    Last year I got the servants I wanted the least, Lancer Raiko and Archer Helena. I just already have better Lancers and Archers.

But Caster Umu is Umu. Plus her, Saber Fran and Maid Alter are all super robot references, which is half the reason I play the game. *laughs in Mecha Eli-chan*
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2019-12-10 at 08:06 AM.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Not everyone cares about waifus/husbandos, some of us just like anime and history/mythology.
    It's essentially the same thing - rolling for love. You're just rolling for love of lore, instead of love of waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Last year I got the servants I wanted the least, Lancer Raiko and Archer Helena. I just already have better Lancers and Archers.

But Caster Umu is Umu. Plus her, Saber Fran and Maid Alter are all super robot references, which is half the reason I play the game. *laughs in Mecha Eli-chan*
    I'll be honest, in terms of meta, I really want Caster Umu, but in terms of more general wants, I could pass on pretty much all of them. I mean, Berserker Nobu is freaking awesome, but I could save that SQ for, say, Avenger Nobu. Eventually.

But yeah. Caster Umu is amazing. Objectively better than Foreigner, for three turns anyway.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

When I do a 10-pull, I tend to get one or two 3* servants and then the rest are all CE's, and usually nothing noteworthy. I think my first 5* Servant Orion came from a 10-pull, as did Stheno during my guaranteed pull at the start of the game, but otherwise all my good servant summons have come from single summons.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna pass on Abigail and wait for something more exciting. Thanks, all.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

23. - Top - End - #173

Same! But mostly because I need my Skadi and my Hokusai.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    But yeah. Caster Umu is amazing. Objectively better than Foreigner, for three turns anyway.
    As someone with a Caster Umu, it's up and down. Her ability to spend three turns not getting killed by Riders and Zerkers is real nice, but it only actually protects her from attack, it doesn't buff her own attacks. She still can't actually hurt Riders, which was a sad shock when I tried to take her farming.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    As someone with a Caster Umu, it's up and down. Her ability to spend three turns not getting killed by Riders and Zerkers is real nice, but it only actually protects her from attack, it doesn't buff her own attacks. She still can't actually hurt Riders, which was a sad shock when I tried to take her farming.
    But she is the best when there is a difficult assassin wave after a rider wave. Or other tough fights where you need a faster to survive riders and do damage. I used to pack zhuge, am assassin and a combat caster for that, now I can drop the zhuge.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Wow, that's really disappointing... I guess I never read her skill that closely.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

27. - Top - End - #177

NecromancerGirl

Her third skill is incredible as well. A 1hp Guts as well as a 50% attack boost which is targetable. Give anyone survivability as well as a massive power boost. Not as good as merlin's crit boost attached but that one is buster only, while nero's applies to any card. The super fun is when you use both on someone like hijikata, get the guts to save him, then he NPs.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, yes! I don't want to suggest that she's not a very solid character, and she's especially good at busting bosses with retinues, or at being friends with Berserkers by giving them an extra buff while also sitting around and spamming her Noble Phantasm through Fight 2/3 of any given battle. Running through Salem with her, Merlin, and a support Alter Ego was basically playing on Easy Mode.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I snagged a devilish Bodhisattva and b Halloween princess but I'm confused which is better on Arash.
    I thought 300 overcharge would deal more than 20% np damage. Test is with Helene maxed skills.
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2019-12-11 at 06:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, yes! I don't want to suggest that she's not a very solid character, and she's especially good at busting bosses with retinues, or at being friends with Berserkers by giving them an extra buff while also sitting around and spamming her Noble Phantasm through Fight 2/3 of any given battle. Running through Salem with her, Merlin, and a support Alter Ego was basically playing on Easy Mode.
    I'm looking forward to that myself, if I ever get around to clearing Babylonia. Merlin and Caster Umu are two of my favorite Servants in my toolbox.