New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

After seeing the new interlude for Gorgon, I must say she is positively adorkable

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Finished Salem. Originally I was planning on pulling heavily for Abby, after finishing the story decided to limit myself to around half of my stash, upon actually getting in the Skinner Box wound up spending nearly all of it. Got Abby, NP2 Sheba, and a second Wu Zetian. So Eresh is off the table, (though I did manage to get Osakabehime with a few tickets near the end of Halloween, so that was cool.)

Spoiler: Psuedo-Singularity thoughts
    Show

The weakness field thing could be frustrating when it threw off my estimated damage, but the fights weren't too tough overall and I suppose it was necessary to explain why my servants couldn't just smack around Hopkins and the mob before things got out of hand. The story was great, though it was a bit amusing following up the grim darkness of the far future Salem witch trials with double rocket punch action from Passionlip and Mecha Elly. And I almost thought it would make more sense for Lavinia to wind up as the Foreigner than Abby
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    After seeing the new interlude for Gorgon, I must say she is positively adorkable
    That really feels to be a trend with the Avengers. Really trying to hype themselves up as hateful monsters, yet come across as giant dorks who cant hide/admit to their actual liking of the player. The one who doesn't fully fall to that is Dantes, but I haven't seen enough of his dialogue to be fully sure that isn't the case for him as well.

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    That really feels to be a trend with the Avengers. Really trying to hype themselves up as hateful monsters, yet come across as giant dorks who cant hide/admit to their actual liking of the player. The one who doesn't fully fall to that is Dantes, but I haven't seen enough of his dialogue to be fully sure that isn't the case for him as well.
    If his actions during Shimousa weren't obvious enough, he VERY clearly cares for you.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

I need to up Gorgon's bond to see her Interlude, but the Minidusa one where Euryale and Stheno were bullying her made me bring Minidusa and Gorgon to the fight because I was all 'Don't talk to me or my cute monster ever again!'
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

But she is the best when there is a difficult assassin wave after a rider wave. Or other tough fights where you need a faster to survive riders and do damage. I used to pack zhuge, am assassin and a combat caster for that, now I can drop the zhuge.
    I mean, yeah, she's great when there's a difficult Assassin wave after a Rider wave. But you know who's better at that? Alter Egos. Seriously, Lip is a tank.

Those of you who missed the SE.RA.PH event, love your Mecha Eli. She's pretty boss.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    I snagged a devilish Bodhisattva and b Halloween princess but I'm confused which is better on Arash.
    I thought 300 overcharge would deal more than 20% np damage. Test is with Helene maxed skills.
    Overcharge and NP level aren't quite the same thing. The NP level - that is, how many times you boosted the NP (for Arash, that should be 5) increases the base effect. On Arash, that's his base damage. Overcharge just increases the Overcharge effect - which, yes, on Arash is more damage. But given that his post-interlude NP5 has a base damage of 1200%, tacking on an additional 200% from each Overcharge level may not seem like all that much.

Honestly, for Arash, I'd skip both of those and go straight for a Kaleidoscope. With Arash, you're not there to boost his damage - it's already massive. You're bringing Arash as a nuke. You want him armed, or as close to it as possible, upfront. So bring a CE that maxes out his NP gauge, or gets you as close to it as possible.

If Ruler is the kickboxing class, Avenger is the tsundere class. Prove me wrong.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Overcharge and NP level aren't quite the same thing. The NP level - that is, how many times you boosted the NP (for Arash, that should be 5) increases the base effect. On Arash, that's his base damage. Overcharge just increases the Overcharge effect - which, yes, on Arash is more damage. But given that his post-interlude NP5 has a base damage of 1200%, tacking on an additional 200% from each Overcharge level may not seem like all that much.
    This is why welfare servants can sometimes outdamage 5* servants with their NP, because Welfares are usually at NP5. I'll have to actually do some of the math on that sometime, not sure who to check it against though to be honest.

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Dantes sort of goes the Wolverine route instead of being a dorky tsundere - he's definitely not a dork, but he also doesn't at all hide that he cares for the MC once he signs up. Instead, he goes the "I am the dark shadow that must protect you using methods you do not approve of" route.

His Interlude is about how he spends a bunch of his free time inside your dreams, in order to burn away the nightmares that you would have otherwise from your more unstable or evil servants' memory-connections.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Fundamentally, avengers are not monsters, they're people whose emotions were twisted to make hate omnipresent. But their other emotions are still present underneath, and the main character is uniquely skilled at bringing those good emotions back.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Fundamentally, avengers are not monsters, they're people whose emotions were twisted to make hate omnipresent. But their other emotions are still present underneath, and the main character is uniquely skilled at bringing those good emotions back.
    It's all part of the main character's Harem Protagonist EX skill.

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    It's all part of the main character's Harem Protagonist EX skill.
    Seriously, I know we joke about this, but have you seen the anime? He basically activates this skill against Jaguar Man. They use metaphorical imagery, but the effect is... easily understood.

Harem Protagonist EX. It's canon.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Seriously, I know we joke about this, but have you seen the anime? He basically activates this skill against Jaguar Man. They use metaphorical imagery, but the effect is... easily understood.

Harem Protagonist EX. It's canon.
    Oh i saw it. That was...something all right.

It's a running joke on the subreddit too.

Factotum Variants!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Like I know all avengers are like that to some degree, but Gorgon has zero social skills and ability to hide emotions. With jalter, she tends to have many layers of anger displaying a majority of the time. But Gorgon doesn't seem to have a straight face, and her anger talk is pretty laughable.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Like I know all avengers are like that to some degree, but Gorgon has zero social skills and ability to hide emotions. With jalter, she tends to have many layers of anger displaying a majority of the time. But Gorgon doesn't seem to have a straight face, and her anger talk is pretty laughable.
    Yeah, but ultimately they boil down to "I will burn you! . . . b-baka," and "I will eat you! . . . b-baka," respectively. Just saying, it's not exactly groundbreaking original writing.

Still adorable, though.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

It's cute to see that despite being a man-eating giant snake monster, Gorgon still gets bullied by her sisters and can't do anything about it.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-12-13 at 11:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

RedWizardGuy

Honestly, for Arash, I'd skip both of those and go straight for a Kaleidoscope. With Arash, you're not there to boost his damage - it's already massive. You're bringing Arash as a nuke. You want him armed, or as close to it as possible, upfront. So bring a CE that maxes out his NP gauge, or gets you as close to it as possible.g.
    Hmm, I didn't realize it was additive with his np5 damage. So it's actually like + 25% additive vs 20 multiplicative
    I only have 1k scope. With Helena and I can use 50np to get there with Helena and Arash at skill 10.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of, I need to do the strengthening quest for Arash to get his last skill. I was kind of hoping there'd inevitably be a campaign where the AP's reduced by some fraction, but I don't believe that's come up yet.

I kind of forget he's there since I levelled him so gradually, but then I recall Youtube videos where he's - mostly - soloing million-life bosses and my memory is jogged.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

I got eresh in one 10 pull... i saved so many SQ and grinded so many servants interludes and rank ups... I now have a pile of 200+ SQ... maybe i should go for some even CEs? or an NP 2?

I'm happy, I just don't know what to do since i was gonna possibly dolphin for eresh... welp time to see how high i can get her skills!

Summoning catalyst nendroid confirmed!
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-12-16 at 03:25 AM.

Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

I got Eresh in 3 10-spins then did another spin for the helluvit. Also got another NP level for my Minidusa and assorted Event CEs, not much else though.

I'm happy enough with just under 200 SQ remaining.

I'd like to save up for a Ruler or an Avenger now -- preferable Jeanne... either one.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-12-16 at 03:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

So I was thinking not rolling hard for Ereshkigal, but in the end I yielded and went full on gacha mode. I spent 200 SQ and got her, after getting spooked twice by Ana, once by Gilcas, and another time by Medulily. I don't even have enough EXP to get her up anyway.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

as is no surprise, I can't get past the incredible lv 8 skill barrier, and while i might get one skill past it during the event (probably red button mana battery) it will be some time before eresh's skills are maxed. if i do up eresh's skill, i will have to put abi's leveling on the back burner.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-12-16 at 04:16 AM.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

35 Tickets and 450 SQ got me 2 CasGils and 2 Minidusa, but no Eresh. It is a sad day.

Factotum Variants!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

I got eresh in one 10 pull... i saved so many SQ and grinded so many servants interludes and rank ups... I now have a pile of 200+ SQ... maybe i should go for some even CEs? or an NP 2?

I'm happy, I just don't know what to do since i was gonna possibly dolphin for eresh... welp time to see how high i can get her skills!

Summoning catalyst nendroid confirmed!
    That might have been what did it for me, too. It took me 150 SQ, and aside from 3-star Servants I got no spooks - both a good and a bad thing - but a lot of event CEs, and one Eresh.

Seriously, though, that Nendoroid is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    35 Tickets and 450 SQ got me 2 CasGils and 2 Minidusa, but no Eresh. It is a sad day.
    Sympathies, friend. The gacha is not kind.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I had 510 quartz to roll. Felt pretty good with my chances.

510 quartz and 20 tickets later, I had nothing to show for my efforts. ;_; After getting King Hassan in 60 quartz, it's obvious that someone wants to be the only underworld servant in my team.

I'll try rolling whatever quartz and tickets I get during the event, but it's pretty obvious I'm not getting Eresh this year. Maybe next year...

Now I've got to save up for Summer Jeanne though.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Sympathies, friend. The gacha is not kind.
    Gacha is Badciv. I realized I never bought this month's tickets, and that I had enough fragments to trade for one more ten pull. I got a rainbow summon...only for it to be bad doggo, a servant I have zero use for, what with already having Gorgon and better sources of instant death in Nito and Shiki.

Ah well, time to save up for summer I guess.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

I cracked and decided to roll for Eresh with the 7 tickets and 90 SQ I had accumulated. And I did not get her.

But I did get Xuanzang Sanzang, Enkidu, 2 copies of Caster Gil, and Nezha, all of which are new to me, as well as a few event CE's, so I feel like it was still summons well spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

27. - Top - End - #207

Was pretty much running on empty after the Abigail banner, but with one 10-pull and 2 tickets got a second CasGil and some event CEs. Underwhelming, but at least I walked away with something for the trouble.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

28. - Top - End - #208

BlackDragon

Eresh finally came home after 11 tickets and 660 SQs. Also got Drake and NP9 Ana along the way.

The nodes in this event are a giant pain though.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-12-16 at 03:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

OH MY GOD!!!

The one quartz that I got from master missions! I have Eresh!!!

30. - Top - End - #210

RedWizardGuy

200 quartz spend, no eresh. I think I'm done, and will just spend a ticket or 10 until the banner is over.

Is it true that an upcoming update will retroactively convert your extra welfare servants into rare mana prisms? If so, I need to gather & save all my welfare clones.