New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    200 quartz spend, no eresh. I think I'm done, and will just spend a ticket or 10 until the banner is over.

Is it true that an upcoming update will retroactively convert your extra welfare servants into rare mana prisms? If so, I need to gather & save all my welfare clones.
    I've seen this mentioned, and I think that it's only the future ones that get converted, not any past ones. Unless they're making another, separate update from that.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Did maybe 55 to 65ish rolls, mostly 10 rolls. No eresh, but on the second 10 roll a gold caster appeared. "A goldie is fine too" I thought. Instead a Birb spooked me. Goldie was two 10 rolls later. So of all that sq spent, I got 2 of each of the gold event CEs, 2 more 4 star casters, and 10 snow pirates. Only saw ushiwaka like, twice for all the silver servants I pulled.

So once again, rate up is a lie. It really feels that way when Abby's banner spat out 2 5 stars at me, neither of them Abby, while Eresh's banner with 4 characters on rate up only gave me 3 of said rate ups, when one of said rate ups was silver and thus should have been flooding my rolls.

In event grinding, I love the mono enemy type nodes. Means for a slight decrease in farming abilities I can use the front line for the actual attackers who are effective and stuff the back line with the event servants, and of course everyone has the event CEs. The turkey fight is super easy with Double Jack and Osakabe-hime.

3. - Top - End - #213

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    200 quartz spend, no eresh. I think I'm done, and will just spend a ticket or 10 until the banner is over.

Is it true that an upcoming update will retroactively convert your extra welfare servants into rare mana prisms? If so, I need to gather & save all my welfare clones.
    Starting with Santa Altera, future welfares will give you a RP if u gets extra copies when you already have NP5.

4. - Top - End - #214

NecromancerGirl

Did one last yolo 10 roll. It lagged for an oddly long time at one point before a silver lancer appeared. It then crackled. I now have the little snake sister. I do believe she puts me at all Gorgon sisters, in all their forms, though I still need to level Rider and Assassin, as well as the new Lancer.

In farming news, it super annoying how many people on my friends list put the bronze drop CE on their Assassin. I figure its "I'm not sure what each class needs, and I have so many Snow Pirates, might as well put them on everyone until I know" and then forgetting to swap out the CEs when the new nodes unlock. Cause I'm sure there's a lot of players who refuse to look at the wiki, even to know which nodes drop what, for fear of Spoilers. Heck, I bet there's players who think looking at what nodes drop what IS spoilers.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

I get that the game wants me to feel sorry for Eresh, but my mountain of salt is blocking it from happening.

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    In farming news, it super annoying how many people on my friends list put the bronze drop CE on their Assassin. I figure its "I'm not sure what each class needs, and I have so many Snow Pirates, might as well put them on everyone until I know" and then forgetting to swap out the CEs when the new nodes unlock. Cause I'm sure there's a lot of players who refuse to look at the wiki, even to know which nodes drop what, for fear of Spoilers. Heck, I bet there's players who think looking at what nodes drop what IS spoilers.
    Speaking of, if you want a relatively non-spoiler overview of the event, with tips, Kscopedia has you covered here. I admit, I'm still fine-tuning my supports. For instance, when the Caster node dropped, I switched the CE on my Santa Alter, because oh, now it makes sense.

The event is understandably tough, given the prerequisite. Thankfully, since the nodes are single-type, you could build single-type parties and dominate them, but doing so means you miss out on bonus drops, so some diversification is recommended. Thankfully also, bonus drops are sprinkled among rare and common Servants alike, so you're probable to have something that gets you bonuses, even if that something is Mash and the Christmas Welfare Squad (now featuring Altera).

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I get that the game wants me to feel sorry for Eresh, but my mountain of salt is blocking it from happening.
    Honestly, the thing this event is doing is making me like Altera, which I didn't expect. I mean, sure, she's been a chuckleworthy deadpan at times, but I've never considered her cute until now. Apparently, this version is closer to the green facet of Titan Altera - that is, more "cute" and "girly" than "fierce warrior" - whereas the Saber version is closer to the red facet. I gotta say, the sneezes are inexplicably adorable to me.

The sheep help too.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I figure its "I'm not sure what each class needs, and I have so many Snow Pirates, might as well put them on everyone until I know" and then forgetting to swap out the CEs when the new nodes unlock.
    I can't remember if I have you on my friends list or not, but guilty as charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

8. - Top - End - #218

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    The event is understandably tough, given the prerequisite. Thankfully, since the nodes are single-type, you could build single-type parties and dominate them, but doing so means you miss out on bonus drops, so some diversification is recommended. Thankfully also, bonus drops are sprinkled among rare and common Servants alike, so you're probable to have something that gets you bonuses, even if that something is Mash and the Christmas Welfare Squad (now featuring Altera).
    That's the thing. Besides Mash, the Welfare Duo, a level 80 Jaguar Warrior, and a level 70 Ushi, I had no leveled event characters. A level 25 Leonidas, a level 1 Hohenheim, and a level 12 Benki were not going to contribute at all. I did get lucky with a Gil and a Medusa being pulled, but at level 1, they are not at all going to help in fights. I would rather stuff the back line with them, and have the front line be characters who can handle the fight themselves. Unless you think you would totally use a level 1 GilCaster from your support list, I don't think I will be putting him in my front line for a while. When the Ifreet can nearly kill the high level riders I bring to fight it, I don't think a non rider would ever live that part of the node. Especially when the only non event servant on my team for the caster fight is a NP 4 Ozy, with event CE cause of course, I don't feel slapping a level 1 into the front line would be that good of an idea.

Also, if you didn't notice, this event has nodes that drop only one of the shop items. So you can very much run out of relevant event characters to put on a team and still have plenty of space for non event powerhouses to carry you.

But yeah, I will totally bring a level 1 Gil and Hohenheim to the eventual Silver Drop Grind. I'm sure they will totally be able to handle the assassins with 200k HP. Or I could just bring Mash, support Merlin, and use my own Nero(with event CE cause of course) to one shot the bosses while the two level 1 guys hide in the back line. Cause that would be the only way I could fill the team slots with event servants. Cause if you didn't notice, there's only 4 event servants who boost silver drops. And then when the Gold Grind Node opens, my back line is obviously going to be Ushi, Artoria, and Altera, with the front being Lily and support Enkidu. But that still leaves me with one open slot, and I'm out of event servants to put there. So it would clearly be filled by a non event Lancer. And then the Sand grind is open season for any archer you have, cause Sand is only boosted by the CE, so event servants don't matter in the slightest there. The fun one will be the Berserker filled Bronze node, as I only have a single one of those leveled, and unless you think Leonidas taunting for a single hit is going to sway the whole battle in my favour, I'm going to bring support Altera, Jaguar, with the three low level lancers in the back, then find some powerhouse to add in for the last slot. Likely Nero Caster, as her Second skill will be super good there.

But yeah, that "bring more event servants" thing only matters early event. Once the big nodes open up, unless you have all of the event servants, and have them all max level, I don't think most people will be able to make teams with only event servants. Especially not the Silver node. Only 4 there, and support only lets you double one of them.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah I'm just doing the back line of event servants. At least my attempts to summon Eresh got me a ton of CEs, so I've got several MLB for the bronze and silver drop CEs, and one MLB of the gold drop CE.

Factotum Variants!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I just chime in here about how incredibly bad design it is to have a limited time event that is gated and requires completing the final singularity before you're allowed to even participate in it?

I'm blazing my way through Babylonia as fast as I can, and having to fast forward and sometimes outright skip story cutscenes in the process, in hopes that I'll finish quickly and have enough time to do the event. I've already lost at least two days already. This is blatantly unfair and if I were earlier in the game, I would have no chance of participating in the event at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Can I just chime in here about how incredibly bad design it is to have a limited time event that is gated and requires completing the final singularity before you're allowed to even participate in it?

I'm blazing my way through Babylonia as fast as I can, and having to fast forward and sometimes outright skip story cutscenes in the process, in hopes that I'll finish quickly and have enough time to do the event. I've already lost at least two days already. This is blatantly unfair and if I were earlier in the game, I would have no chance of participating in the event at all.
    I would advise not to do that. Babylonia's the best experience in FGO - at least that I've had - and you'll get a re-run for this next year.

Plus it's a lot of AP to grind for the shop currencies, and as it uses the same random roulette mechanics as the last Christmas Event it'll take a while to clear out each prize pool to get Altera's ascension mats and NPs. Comparatively speaking the free missions themselves are much more of a slog as well.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Bugbear in the Playground

What's frustrating me is the lack of starting NP on the shop CEs. I've got the firepower to handle these guys, especially with Merlin on the bonus list, it just takes forever clawing my way to 100% in the first two waves. Particularly while trying out Abby against the berserkers - for someone with a triple arts deck her NP gain leaves something to be desired.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2019-12-19 at 05:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Yeah I'm just doing the back line of event servants. At least my attempts to summon Eresh got me a ton of CEs, so I've got several MLB for the bronze and silver drop CEs, and one MLB of the gold drop CE.
    This.

Fact is, Saambell's right, not everyone has max-leveled every Servant available, and thus not everyone can pick and choose whenever event Servants are a thing. But even if you can't really field any strong event Servants, you can put a few weak ones on your back line and lead with a strong non-event option. Heck, most of the guest Servants I'm bringing aren't event Servants at all - they're just really strong and have event CEs equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I would advise not to do that. Babylonia's the best experience in FGO - at least that I've had - and you'll get a re-run for this next year.

Plus it's a lot of AP to grind for the shop currencies, and as it uses the same random roulette mechanics as the last Christmas Event it'll take a while to clear out each prize pool to get Altera's ascension mats and NPs. Comparatively speaking the free missions themselves are much more of a slog as well.
    Pretty much this. Yes, it's frustrating to newer players - or those taking a leisurely pace - that the event is gated behind such a late chapter. But the fact is, this event is hard - people fresh out of Fuyuki would be hard-pressed to clear it even with a stable of event Servants.

But Babylonia is totally worth pacing through. The story is some of the best writing in the game thus far, the fights are really good - tough, but not in the bashing-my-head-against-a-wall way a certain Camelot fight was - and it's a pretty amazing experience overall. (There's a reason, I think, that the anime chose to jump in there, rather than, say, America.) Also, storywise, this event only makes sense - as much as any of them do - if you've followed the events of Babylonia.

Anyway, this event will be back next year - and it will be lighter and easier, and you'll probably be better situated to crush it. So don't sweat it too much. Besides, Santa Altera is good, but she's not the best a welfare Servant can be. I mean, she's solid, but she's no Chloe. So don't worry if you miss her this go-round.

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    What's frustrating me is the lack of starting NP on the shop CEs. I've got the firepower to handle these guys, especially with Merlin on the bonus list, it just takes forever clawing my way to 100% in the first two waves. Particularly while trying out Abby against the berserkers - for someone with a triple arts deck her NP gain leaves something to be desired.
    Part of the challenge, isn't it? You could take an absolute force of non-event Servants and non-event CEs and pretty much crush every node. Or you could take non-event Servants with event CEs for a solid advantage, with a slightly improved reward. Or event Servants with non-event CEs just to push your edge a bit, while enjoying greater rewards still. Or if you're brave, event Servants and event CEs, the combination of which is definitely less than optimal, and test your skills for maximum reward.

I actually kind of appreciate it. Unlike specific challenge levels - where you basically have to push yourself or fail completely - this event lets you scale your play level to your desired rewards. Play easy mode and enjoy leisurely farming, or play hardcore and rack up the drops.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #224

Devil

For that Berserker fight i bring Mash Iskandar and borrow an Abby, that makes it pretty easy.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Too late. It had to be done. Besides, I liked Camelot better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Pretty much this. Yes, it's frustrating to newer players - or those taking a leisurely pace - that the event is gated behind such a late chapter. But the fact is, this event is hard - people fresh out of Fuyuki would be hard-pressed to clear it even with a stable of event Servants.
    Doesn't matter, they should still be allowed to try. I struggled a lot with the Onigashima event too because I was a new player at the time, but I still managed to get most of what I needed from there.

But Babylonia is totally worth pacing through. The story is some of the best writing in the game thus far, the fights are really good - tough, but not in the bashing-my-head-against-a-wall way a certain Camelot fight was - and it's a pretty amazing experience overall. (There's a reason, I think, that the anime chose to jump in there, rather than, say, America.) Also, storywise, this event only makes sense - as much as any of them do - if you've followed the events of Babylonia.
    I was most of the way to the end before I started skipping cutscenes, and I can safely say that I liked Camelot more.

Anyway, this event will be back next year - and it will be lighter and easier, and you'll probably be better situated to crush it. So don't sweat it too much. Besides, Santa Altera is good, but she's not the best a welfare Servant can be. I mean, she's solid, but she's no Chloe. So don't worry if you miss her this go-round.
    I know you don't mean it this way, but saying "just wait til next year" comes off as more than a little privileged and condescending. With all due respect, it's quite easy to dismiss the problem when you weren't affected by it.

If the rerun were in say, January or February rather than a whole year away, this might be a reasonable argument. But even then I'd be missing out on the stuff everyone else gets from the rerun (which is... a rare prism I think? Quite a prize for someone mostly F2P like myself).

Anyway, I did what I had to do to finish Babylonia so I could join this event with hopefully enough time to get the most important stuff. I shouldn't have had to skip most of the climax, but there it is.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2019-12-19 at 11:18 PM.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    I can't remember if I have you on my friends list or not, but guilty as charged.

I just spammed the lotto ce for my list... i figured everyone would only care about the lotto. :D

for someone with a triple arts deck her NP gain leaves something to be desired.

I've been running her with casters and i don't even notice it. Arts chain for np, first skill, and by the second turn she is usually at max.

I shouldn't have had to skip most of the climax, but there it is.
    correct me if i'm wrong but you can replay (cut scenes) the entire story in "your room". so there's that.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

17. - Top - End - #227

NecromancerGirl

Anyone know when the next batch of soundtrack songs will release in My Room? Looking at the section, it looks like a yearly thing, so Im hoping this new years will see the release of Spinal Coaster and BB Channel. But can anyone confirm this belief before I end up disappointed?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but you can replay (cut scenes) the entire story in "your room". so there's that.
    Can you? Good to know. I must confess I haven't explored the room menus very much. Pretty much just long enough to figure out how to change a Servant's active skin.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

I am thinking about farming the fifth gate node for the lotto cause eresh needs magatamas like sabers need dragon fangs or saber biscuits. If only a node dropped witch spikes... Those level 10 skills seem as far away as they did back near the beginning.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

So I beat the story, and used my summon ticket on the banner.
    Silver Lancer...but wait, a flash? then...another Minidusa. Sadness.
    BUT!
    BUT I had ten quartz!
    One more summon, a CE, whatever.
    One more...a silver lancer...gold flash...and ERESH CAME HOME!
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2019-12-21 at 01:07 AM.

Factotum Variants!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

It occurred to me while doing this Event, after doing hundreds of Friend Point summons and I don't know how many SQ/Ticket spins, I still don't have Gilles de Rais -- Caster Gilles that is, I have Saber Gilles.

He exists in the game, obviously, I've pummelled him countless times in the Caster Training Grounds and I think I saw him once or twice among my Friends' Servants during the Christmas re-run. I have every other 3-Star Caster at NP 5 (except Cu, who I've only gotten twice since Fuyuki) and I have every other 3-Star or below Servant currently available on NA except Angra Mainyu technically and... Christopher Columbus as I've yet to do Agartha.

I don't even want him really, because ya'know, he's Gilles de Rais... but I'm just bereft of an explanation here. It's not like I haven't beaten Orleans or anything.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

It occurred to me while doing this Event, after doing hundreds of Friend Point summons and I don't know how many SQ/Ticket spins, I still don't have Gilles de Rais -- Caster Gilles that is, I have Saber Gilles.

He exists in the game, obviously, I've pummelled him countless times in the Caster Training Grounds and I think I saw him once or twice among my Friends' Servants during the Christmas re-run. I have every other 3-Star Caster at NP 5 (except Cu, who I've only gotten twice since Fuyuki) and I have every other 3-Star or below Servant currently available on NA except Angra Mainyu technically and... Christopher Columbus as I've yet to do Agartha.

I don't even want him really, because ya'know, he's Gilles de Rais... but I'm just bereft of an explanation here. It's not like I haven't beaten Orleans or anything.
    Caster Gilles is story-locked. It means he only appears in the story gacha after you've completed Orleans or other gachas where he's available.

It's the same thing for Bedivere. Neither of them will ever appear in the friend point gacha.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Caster Gilles is story-locked. It means he only appears in the story gacha after you've completed Orleans or other gachas where he's available.

It's the same thing for Bedivere. Neither of them will ever appear in the friend point gacha.
    Oh~ Okay. You need to do the Story Gacha specifically and can't get him from any old rate-up banner. I just assumed he was in the general pool after Orleans.

I guess Cu Caster was on a banner where he was also included and I didn't notice, along with Artoria Lancer Alter who I believe is also story locked.

24. - Top - End - #234

BlackDragon

Oh~ Okay. You need to do the Story Gacha specifically and can't get him from any old rate-up banner. I just assumed he was in the general pool after Orleans.

I guess Cu Caster was on a banner where he was also included and I didn't notice, along with Artoria Lancer Alter who I believe is also story locked.
    You do get a Caster Cu as part of finishing Fuyuki.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

aha, i have gotten level 10 of the Atlas institute uniform!

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    You do get a Caster Cu as part of finishing Fuyuki.
    I know, but I have him at NP 3 I believe. So that must've come from somewhere. I probably rolled the story banner near the very beginning and forgot, in retrospect. I wasn't aiming for specific Servants or worrying about limited rate-ups when I only had a Carmilla, Martha, and Marie Antoinette -- I just wanted something to cover the classes. I still don't have a SR Berserker technically, though I grailed Kiyohime to 80 for her ability to farm Events with Mash's extensive protection and the Chaldean Uniform.

It does explain why I haven't gotten any other Bediveres or Jaguar Warriors though. I just assumed they were slightly more rare - like how I very rarely get a Kid Gil or Hundred Personas - but I definitely haven't done the story banner since beating Camelot.

I would like more Bedivere NP levels, he's a solid Servant judging by using him with maxed-out abilities and a couples of grails. I don't want to leave him in my Second Archive really, I'm just not sure if the SQ is worth it now that I know what banners are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    aha, i have gotten level 10 of the Atlas institute uniform!
    Congratulations. I've been switching between them and raising them individually one level at a time, I expect to be done by Christmas 2021 maybe.

I'm glad the additional mystic codes seem to have a much lower XP bar. If they were all like that there would be a degree of "why bother" at some point, as experimenting with new ones would feel terrible.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-12-24 at 03:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237

Yeah, Caster Cu, Caster Gilles, Bedivere, Jaguar Warrior, and Rider of Resistance are all story-locked. Which seems like a bit of a weird selection. Bedivere is a cool dude and probably the best non-Gold Saber at NP5 and Jaguar Warrior is waifu material and pretty solid mechanically. Caster Cu is sort of underwhelming mechanically, and probably outshone by lancer Cu for doggo fans. Rider is so-so in a class that has several great 3* options, and is a terrible person. Caster Gilles is arguably the worst servant in the game and is, well, Caster Gilles.

Speaking of locked servants, we should have another GSSR roll up in a few days. This time it includes all event and story locked servants, as well as the general pool, divided across two banners (link). Knights, rulers and avengers in one banner, cavalry, berserkers, alter egos, and Abby in another. It's 30 paid SQ, and you can only choose one banner. I think I'll give it a shot, while I'm pretty leery of throwing real money at the regular banners, I don't mind supporting the game occasionally when I'm guaranteed to get something. Not sure which banner I want to roll on, though, banner 2 has more ups and downs, while banner 1 seems more even for me. Anyone else thinking of having a go?
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2019-12-24 at 10:16 PM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, Caster Cu, Caster Gilles, Bedivere, Jaguar Warrior, and Rider of Resistance are all story-locked. Which seems like a bit of a weird selection. Bedivere is a cool dude and probably the best non-Gold Saber at NP5 and Jaguar Warrior is waifu material and pretty solid mechanically. Caster Cu is sort of underwhelming mechanically, and probably outshone by lancer Cu for doggo fans. Rider is so-so in a class that has several great 3* options, and is a terrible person. Caster Gilles is arguably the worst servant in the game and is, well, Caster Gilles.
    Yeah, but outside of a "gotta catch'em all" mentality I'm deeply repressing, any 3* or below is welcome for potential interlude SQ. After doing a few of them I've noticed you need barely any investment to unlock those, and they often have great drops. Raising Blackbeard in particularly to first ascension + Bond 1 took about 5 minutes and 3 Rider Pieces, yet his interlude yielded 10 guaranteed Cursed Pages and a SQ. The only downside is it's Blackbeard.

Plus, as every Event aside from Nerofest has demonstrated, having non-SR Servants around just to stuff into support slots for additional currency at lower costs is definitely a use.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of locked servants, we should have another GSSR roll up in a few days. This time it includes all event and story locked servants, as well as the general pool, divided across two banners (link). Knights, rulers and avengers in one banner, cavalry, berserkers, alter egos, and Abby in another. It's 30 paid SQ, and you can only choose one banner. I think I'll give it a hot, while I'm pretty leery of throwing real money at the regular banners, I don't mind supporting the game occasionally when I'm guaranteed to get something. Not sure which banner I want to roll on, though, banner 2 has more ups and downs, while banner 1 seems more even for me. Anyone else thinking of having a go?
    I'm on the fence as to whether to participate. On the one hand, I don't like to spend money on freemium games like this, and I know myself well enough to know that if/when I get tired of this game in the future, having money invested in it will make me reluctant to walk away even after it stops being fun.

On the other hand, the prices are much more reasonable than in other games of this type that I've played, and the last time I did one (with a birthday gift card given to me for this specific purpose), I rolled Arthur Prototype and I've been quite happy with him. I guess I've still got a little time to think about it.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

I'm on the fence as to whether to participate. On the one hand, I don't like to spend money on freemium games like this, and I know myself well enough to know that if/when I get tired of this game in the future, having money invested in it will make me reluctant to walk away even after it stops being fun.

On the other hand, the prices are much more reasonable than in other games of this type that I've played, and the last time I did one (with a birthday gift card given to me for this specific purpose), I rolled Arthur Prototype and I've been quite happy with him. I guess I've still got a little time to think about it.

You don't need to spend any money, I've gotten along pretty well being f2p.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.