New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

looks like i won't be getting MLB shop CE this year. ah well. and now that i have eresh i don't think i really have any servant i am particularly looking forward to except jeanne alter, and the still unreleased in JP lost belts assassin. i am looking forward to zerker jeanne too but she's free. i won't be able to save enough for the rerun for jeanne alters next banner but i might be able to save up a decent amount for next year's new year's campaign.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm very conflicted. Eresh came home in the final hours of the event, but it came at a terrible cost. 400sq and 25 tickets. And several mlb currency CE. Not even the good CEs either.
    Saving up for jalter is my next goal for now. Though I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of good stuff coming that I can't afford to get.
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2019-12-26 at 09:44 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Without any announce, we got the Cosmos in the Lostbelt prologue (part 2 of the main storyline, excluding Epic of Remnant).

Be sure to complete the quest before Jan 07, 2020 to get that juicy reward of 30 SQ (plus a commemorative CE of the Moonlight/Lostroom OVA).

To access part 2, Solomon must be completed, so there's still time, if you're stuck in any Singularity, feel free to ask for help of us Masters in the Playground.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

I like that they have character art for the Chaldean employees now -- very Star Trek too.

As far as I can recall they've only been represented by text boxes with names on them -- usually Chaldean Engineer #1 or whatever. Always felt like they should've had something visual there for them, even if it was just a mostly faceless person in a uniform kind of stand-in.

5. - Top - End - #245

Spoiler: Proglogue Spoilers
    Show
    So, the new director is pretty clearly a pawn. I mean, he could secretly be a competent villain, but he seems too lame for that. The question is, is our main villain Mapo Tofu, Russian Totally-Not-A-Tamamo, both working together, or both working on separate agendas?

Also, I've heard spoilers about Team A, which makes me sad because I'd have liked to learn about them in the breadcrumb style we've gotten so far.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

gonna yolo everything until new year rolls around, currently got:

Yagyū Munenori
    Medusa lancer
    martha

that medusa almost gave me a heart attack, eresh would've been nice, but i really don't want more stake farming...

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    gonna yolo everything until new year rolls around, currently got:

Yagyū Munenori
    Medusa lancer
    martha

that medusa almost gave me a heart attack, eresh would've been nice, but i really don't want more stake farming...
    Grats on Yagyu, he's kinda boss. As much as I'd like to yolo some things, I plan to save for some upcoming banners. (Especially Kingprotea.)

That said, I am setting aside one pull for tomorrow. December 28 is Kotomine Kirei's birthday, and apparently it is something of a tradition to offer a single pull and see if The Priest Smiles.

Also, apparently we should get some success rate ups around New Year's, so if you're farming embers, you might want to save them up for a few days. On the other hand, if you're farming mats (especially stakes)...

... well, good luck.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Grats on Yagyu, he's kinda boss. As much as I'd like to yolo some things, I plan to save for some upcoming banners. (Especially Kingprotea.)

That said, I am setting aside one pull for tomorrow. December 28 is Kotomine Kirei's birthday, and apparently it is something of a tradition to offer a single pull and see if The Priest Smiles.

Also, apparently we should get some success rate ups around New Year's, so if you're farming embers, you might want to save them up for a few days. On the other hand, if you're farming mats (especially stakes)...

... well, good luck.

i need like 72 for Sheba... if it was for an ascension i'd go the extra mile but since it's just skills i'll wait for event shops (it'll make me more invested into the event anyway ).

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    i need like 72 for Sheba... if it was for an ascension i'd go the extra mile but since it's just skills i'll wait for event shops (it'll make me more invested into the event anyway ).
    Oh, tell me about it. Eresh's smile may be heaven, but her mats are stake hell. And that's on top of Abby, who - while she doesn't need as many stakes (only 10 total, versus Eresh's 216) - is still going to set me back.

Have mercy on my Waver. He will die of overwork.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Oh, tell me about it. Eresh's smile may be heaven, but her mats are stake hell. And that's on top of Abby, who - while she doesn't need as many stakes (only 10 total, versus Eresh's 216) - is still going to set me back.

At least you can get her to rank 8 on her skills pretty easily, so you're not locked at low levels skills.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Don't forget the magatamas. We might have just had a decent hall ha them from the last event but it still might not be enough depending how much you ground a certain node. But the stakes are definitely the worst.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Finishing the prologue for the Lost Belt.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was under the - apparently - mistaken impression that we knew we were on Antarctica from the very beginning.

I'm also kind of surprised they had Servants already mapped out for the next... what? Three years?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

We're getting no maintenance it seems, so for those rolling for Hokusai, good luck getting best Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

And if no other announcement is made, happy new year, masters of Chaldea :D

"**** if I know."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Whelp....

Spoiler
    Show

I'm actually being smothered under my pile of Lancer's. I would have been happy with anything but a Lancer...

But i'm still pretty happy.
    Last edited by Leecros; 2019-12-31 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The GSSR on my side was Saber Shiki.

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    The GSSR on my side was Saber Shiki.
    Are you kidding me? The one Servant I wanted most from the GSSR and someone else gets her. Meanwhile I get a dupe Scathacth.

I also pulled classic Liz, Medusa Lily, and Fionn on the GSSR pull. Lots of lancers I guess? Too bad none of them are new for me and I've never used Fionn.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Got Gil from the GSSR then during rolling for Hokusai I pulled Drake and Arjuna as well. Along with piles of 4 stars, mostly dupes. No Hokusai yet, but I still got a little left in me, so here's hoping.

EDIT: Whaling failed. No Hokusai. Am sad.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2020-01-01 at 03:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

I won't roll in the GSSR, but rolling in the Hokusai banner I got a Nursery Rhyme, an Avenger of Shinjuku and a Parvati, for which I will have to spend 1k Mana Prisms to get her costume dress.

"**** if I know."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

got karna from the gssr, not particularly thrill but he isn't bad. i've been getting so many lancers lately...
    got a k-scope from a single yolo pull on the story banner for fun.
    kinda want to save my sq for musashi but musashi has last years ces so i wouldn't have a chance for this year's ces. the only other banner servant i am at all interested in is the new foriegner but i have abby so i don't especially need her... i'm probably gonna roll on the foreigner banner...

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

I tried using all my summon tickets for Hokusai's banner. I decided just to spend tickets when I happen to get them to fulfill any pent-up gambling urges I may have and while I don't really feel any crushing desire to obtain her especially with having Abigail, Hokusai does have some of the best art in the game -- for both her character design and her NP.

Anyways, I mostly got 3-star mana prism fodder and a kind-of-nice 5-star CE - that I think is new to this update - which appears to be the Arts version of Aerial Drive.

As to the GSSR, I don't feel comfortable spending money unless I can actually pick said SSR, I guess. I don't mind paying for specific in-game content like your typical micro-transaction, but I can't bring myself to gamble on what it will be at the end of the day.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm not going for the GSSR either. As much as I want to support the devs - and I do, game is awesome - I just can't get behind the gambling element.

Anyways, some of y'all are gonna hate me.

Spoiler: Do not read if you are prone to salt
    Show

So, I decided - especially with the New Year's SQ - to allow myself one 30-SQ pull on Hokusai's banner. I have Abby, so I'm good, but I thought I'd indulge myself just a little. And I got a bunch of good CEs.

And Hokusai.

I was kind of in shock over that. Anyhow, then I decided to use a couple of tickets - I have an uneven number and it bothers me - on the story banner. And I got another Caster Cu, which finally puts him at NP5. So that was pretty great.

Then, after finishing Hokusai's little adventure, I got another ticket. Well, I felt it only fair that I use it on Hokusai's banner. And then those orbs started to sparkle.

No, it wasn't another Hokusai.

It was Mochizuki Chiyome. Our little Orochimaru.

So, in short, I had some really, really, really good draws.

Happy New Year, folks.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

I'll wait for next year to do GSSR when it's half the price in paid quartz. Meanwhile I had bunch of tickets, threw a total of ten at Hokusai and came away with nothing. No Hokusai, no 4* servants, not even any good CEs. Ah well.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

I succumbed to peer pressure and paid for the GSSR, which gave me Sherlock Holmes. While I'm still a little annoyed at myself for breaking my usual F2P-only rule, at least it didn't backfire and give me something I didn't want. Now I've just gotta figure out what kind of team comps I can make with him.

I also threw a bunch of tickets and SQ at the Hokusai banner just in case, but alas all I got out of it were some CE's and Vlad Extra, who I'm sure I'll build eventually but isn't a top priority for me at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I succumbed to peer pressure and paid for the GSSR, which gave me Sherlock Holmes. While I'm still a little annoyed at myself for breaking my usual F2P-only rule, at least it didn't backfire and give me something I didn't want. Now I've just gotta figure out what kind of team comps I can make with him.

I also threw a bunch of tickets and SQ at the Hokusai banner just in case, but alas all I got out of it were some CE's and Vlad Extra, who I'm sure I'll build eventually but isn't a top priority for me at the moment.
    Holmes is a great unit, he is in some sort of advanced teambuilding gameplay, but in the end it is worth it as a support~

Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I'll wait for next year to do GSSR when it's half the price in paid quartz. Meanwhile I had bunch of tickets, threw a total of ten at Hokusai and came away with nothing. No Hokusai, no 4* servants, not even any good CEs. Ah well.
    If I recall correctly, the 15 PSQ GSSR will be this year, during the 3rd anniversary celebration. I may be wrong though.
    Last edited by Yael; 2020-01-01 at 08:36 PM.

"**** if I know."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Reporting my rolls for the GSSR: Abby and K-Scope. Because I don't have enough Foreigners in my life.

As for Hokusai, I got her to NP2 in 180 SQ and 1 ticket. Feel pretty good about that, though considering how much I chanted R'lyehian during the summoning process as a catalyst I'm slightly concerned that I may have sold my soul to an Outer God by accident.

26. - Top - End - #266

Devil

As for my GSSR i got King Hassan, which is really awesome, and Marie Antoinette who i almost immediately burned.

I then spent 17 summon tickets on the Hokusai banner and got nothing of value, ill be saving my quartz for sigurd/valk and Skadi.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

GSSR got me Cleopatra and Hokudai came in 20 rolls. It's a good start to the year.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well I have to say I'm a bit jealous since I pulled Caster Nero and Melt from the GSSR, both of which I already had (but I'm not NP3 and 2 respectively) and I was hoping to fill some of the gaps I have (like maybe Jack, who I've wanted for about forever but still evades me). Hokudai took about 400 SQ and made me sad that it took so much and it really didn't fill in much else but I had enough luck elsewhere that I was probably due something like that. I'm also HORRENDOUSLY behind on filling out/leveling servants so maybe I need to take some time to focus on that rather than just using my tried and true teams to keep grinding events and to take advantage of the general craziness that some of the teams I can probably run now will give me. I'm looking forward to the KNK rerun (only for assassin Shiki) since I missed it originally but I think the next servant I'm going to really push for is Skadi though Anastasia could be fun just from the story angle which leads to...

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy crap the prologue event and the Lost Belt setup was not what I was anticipating but I will for certain note that ANYONE with the name "Kotomine" in a Fate story is going to trip my "Kill him before he gets me" switch. Neat use of Gordes since the backstory pretty soundly trounces Ygddmillinia as a thing. I know Caules and Shishigo showed up in the El Melloi case files and I kinda have to wonder where else we may see them scatter around.

Da Vinci as the girl in the tube for the Shadow Border is fun and the whole setup really puts Chaldea back in the lurch like they started grand order with but in a different manner so I'm curious how it'll turn out. The talk of proper human history and the harsh conditions of the lost belts have me interested (calling Antarctica a mild climate compared to the cold of her home made me bwah a bit, also didn't realize that was a big secret) and the Shadow Border itself is just a cool mobile base. Probably the biggest thing I want to know now though is who the heck was that weird masked guy popping around Chaldea while everything was going down. It seemed like they were looking for something but simultaneously out of phase or hidden from everyone else. Really have to give credit where it's due for the writing in FGO since it really picks up some fun plot points. I'm wondering what's going to come near the end of this story and if it'll top the raid on Solomon and the servant hordes vs demon pillars scenes.

29. - Top - End - #269

A new year in the Gacha down, another year to go. This is is looking to be a lot gentler to me than last year, I only have two major targets. Last year was... Rough. Still! I hit -almost- all of my targets. GSSR treated me really well (Got a triple SSR on it, all of them new!) and now it is time to raise the roster up and save. You all getting set for the Da-Vinci Lotto coming up shortly? Lots of good stuff and only 10 days to get it!
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

30. - Top - End - #270

Wound up choosing the knight GSSR. There was some cool stuff on the other one but I ultimately decided I really didn't want to chance another Berserker. Got Scathach and Nezha. Cool picks, though I kind of wish to get a 4* of a different class so she isn't outshone by my new 5*.

Was tempted to pull on the new year banner, but I already have Abby so I think I'd rather hold on for Jeanne Alter in a week or so. Not sure who I want after that, but I'm sure opportunities to spend my SQ will keep presenting themselves.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.