New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Home 25: Still making mortgage payments

[Spako's Tower]

"Um, size s-sort of plays a part, I think? I-I mean reeeally big dragons seem to fly a little faster, um, but not much faster? A-and they can't turn a-as well so they sorta lose more than they gain."

They're getting sidetracked again. They're good at this.

"It's more about, um, working your wings out a-and keeping a healthy body weight. But, uh, your wings are kinda different and your body is a-a slightly different shape so, um, I don't know exactly?"

So good at this.

Sylvess blinks and refocuses on the literal deity in the room, instinctively cowering slightly as he realises he's not giving her his full attention.

"U-uh, right, yes. I-" He pauses and glances awkwardly at Spako. "W-we maybe should've figured out exactly how we'd like to do this. But, um, I think we want the change to be temporary. W-we would like to make sure it, um, works first time, a-and if possible I need to ensure there's one pure copper dragon in the clutch." He scratches his neck with a claw. "It's, um, more than any potion could really do a-and a lot to ask a deity to do, a-and I figured the only way to know if it's even possible was to...ask?"

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"I love you too, Wings." She chuckles, reaching back to brush his wings with one hand. "You're an absolute angel, helping me out with all this." And with that awful one-liner to end things on, she'll poof them both back out of the demiplane to get on with their respective tasks.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Spako nods, a little embarrassed as letting them get sidetracked, even though Winry doesn’t seem to mind.
    ”Well alright then boys, I can help you both be parents if that’s what you want. Now rules say I’m supposed to ask something of you in return...but I’ve never really needed much. So! How about you let me throw you an extra blessing or two or so while I’m doing this for you? I never get to flex my powers on people. I’ll even bless one of your hatchlings! No one ever wants nice things from me, it’s always just making crops grow and help with milking the goats.”
    Spako looks at Sylvess. That doesn’t...sound so bad?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Skullfort]

Koshal arrives promptly, dressed in his squire uniform. Not to be confused with his dress uniform, for Lady Danir's appearances at fancy parties. Or his armor, which is just his armor. Faye follows behind him, sniffing at the air.
    "Good morning, Lady Danir. And Lady Danir, and-" Koshal makes sure all of them get a greeting and a bow, because that's how a squire greets his Lady and also all of her sisters who are also the same person except when they aren't.
    The three Danir children who are all different people except for being aspects of the same person each greet the uniformed Minotaur.
    "Good morning, squire."
    Good morning, Koshal.
    "Hey kid. Hey Faye."

"Allow us to present to you with a noble steed!" says one of them, reaching out to grab the curtain and make it vanish.
    Behind the curtain stands a weird critter. You know how Leahs are with their weird animals. You're lucky you ever got something as normal as a blink dog, Koshal.
    It's big. And long.
    The reindeer and the yol make the largest contribution to its appearance, but it's not a half-and-half creature like a griffin. All six legs end in hooves, and most all of it is feathery. It has two tails (of course it does, with Leah involved, and Koshal even brought two two-tailed animals to start with), a short catlike face (very cute, right Koshal?), and an impressive set of antlers.
    I'm sure it's a good boy.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skullfort]

Truly, the one tailed denizens like Koshal, Faye, and Mist are outnumbered by their two-tailed compatriots.

Koshal grins immediately, going up to to big critter and trying to gently stroke its long neck.
    ”He’s adorable, does he have a name?” he asks the assembled Leah’s.

5. - Top - End - #275

[Jim's Place]

"Oh come on, Batu, it will be fun," Div tells the hobgoblin. He's holding his hand in the casual way they began to weeks or months ago. "I bet I'll like her too. She sounds like... me. And well, my mom always said I seemed to get along with girls better than I did boys..." Div rubs the back of his head in embarrassment.

He looks up when Jim answers. Another handsome young fella. "Hiii," Div just sort of pipes awkwardly, waving his hand. You know what else Div is? Bad at meeting new people!
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

[Jim's Place]

"Hi Jim," Batu begins brightly. "This is Div, my boyfriend that I've told you about. We've been thinking of going to a karaoke event and I thought we'd invite you and Syela." That was surprisingly smoothly said. Did he... yes, it's safe to assume he rehearsed this.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jim's Place]

Jim uncharacteristically breaks eye contact and even flushes a bit.
    "Oh, uh. That's nice of you, Batu. But um, Syela and I broke up a while back. So I uh, I wouldn't have a date." This sure is embarrassing. Jim hasn't been on this end of this kind of conversation in quite a while.

8. - Top - End - #278

Default [Skullfort]

Truly, the one tailed denizens like Koshal, Faye, and Mist are outnumbered by their two-tailed compatriots.

Koshal grins immediately, going up to to big critter and trying to gently stroke its long neck.
    ”He’s adorable, does he have a name?” he asks the assembled Leah’s.
    Hmm, Mist would look cute with an extra tail, wouldn't he?

I'm sure the big critter's first reaction is to lick the squire.
    "No, it's up to you to pick a name and teach it to him."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #279

[Jim's Place]

"Oh. I'm sorry. Uhm..." Div shuffles his feet his hand palm up. "We could just go with the three of us? It could be fun!" Though it even sounds a little less enthusiastic with Div saying it. He isn't much good at any of this, but even he can see the problem with Jim coming along and no date to accompany him.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #280

[Spako's Tower]

"O-oh, you mean it's something you can just, um, do right now?" Sylvess gives a rather anxious look at Spako. This had very quickly gone beyond just figuring out if it was something that could be done.

But if she's offering to be helpful and throw in bonus blessings without asking for anything in return, how could they possibly refuse?

Wait, what the heck is a bonus blessing? It has to be a good thing, right? It is a blessing, after all.

"I-I-I'm sorry, I-I just wasn't e-e-e-expecting it to be something that could just be done, y'know? I-I-I figured it might take a few tries to find someone who could do what we're a-a-asking for a-a-and then we'd have to do something for them and, um, sorry?"

Keep it up, Sylvess. You're doing great.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

”Well, that’s just the excellent service you get with me. Comes with the territory when you absorb the power of an ancient dead god but then end up a goddess so poorly known that you have a pile of divine juice to work with and nobody asking for anything. But anyway yes, I bop you two on the nose and then there’s just the doing the deed part. Bam, dragon parents. That’s it.” She winks at the two dragons.
    ”Well, that sounds easy. And...that second part wouldn’t be now.” Spako suggests.
    Winry laughs. ”Well of course it won’t be now, silly! I haven’t bopped you on the nose yet. I’m also still here. Even I’m not that prying.” Spako stammers something incoherent and turns away.

[Skullfort]

Koshal looks up smiling at the big chimeric creature.
    ”Okay. I’m gonna name you...Waves. Do you like that name?” he asks it.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

[Jim's Place]

Batu has the expression of someone who really wish the sky would open and send a bolt to strike him down where he stands. Then at least he wouldn't feel so intensely awkward.

"I... didn't know, sorry... but yeah, you can still come along with us if you want!" he says quickly. "If you need cheering up or something like that," he babbles.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jim’s Place]

Jim grins.
    ”Well, we can totally turn it from a double date to a boy’s night if you don’t think it’s a problem. Trust me, it was a while ago, I just didn’t tell you. It’d feel better with someone but it’s not like I can’t do anything on my own.” he assures them.

14. - Top - End - #284

[Spako's Tower]

Winry has successfully made two dragons both look very flustered.

"I- w-well if you're sure about it then, Spako, I guess I am too. So, um, yes?" Sylvess coughs. "Um, yes please Missus Goddess." He even managed to ask nicely!

Admittedly Sylvess hasn't managed to keep his bashfulness in control enough to take his gaze away from the floor for the past couple of minutes, but he's trying!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Sylvess gets a knowing smile.
    ”It’s Winry, dear. And I wish you the best with your upcoming parenthood. Boop!” She touches them both on the very ends of their noses. Both dragons immediately feel a sensation of warmth spreading throughout their bodies.
    ”Have fun you two!”
    Is the room spinning? It almost feels like it-

16. - Top - End - #286

[Spako's Tower]

Wow, yeah, the room is spinning, isn't it? And just look at Spako, he's practically glowing and-

And what time is it?

Why is everything sore?

What happened after the-

After-

Something with the goddess? There was a nice helpful goddess, right?

Sylvess groans and akwardly climbs to his feet. Huh. Spako's bedroom. When did they get here? Why does it look like a tornado tore through the room?

"Urrrrrrgh. Hey Spako? Y'awake?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako's Tower]

Sylvess hears a groaning and probably realizes that Spako is curled up next to him.
    "Uuugh. Yeah. Maybe." Spako stretches out, still flopped on the floor. He looks up at Sylvess, bleary-eyed.
    "Did you do something with your horns?" he asks groggily.
    Come to think of it, isn’t there something different about Spako as well?
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-01-05 at 11:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: Down's Lair of Moderate Festivity
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Carousel Court - Down's Lair]

Dawn has forgotten about drinks. She's too enamored with the brownies. She's taking her time, nibbling them and enjoying them bit by bit, savoring the flavors. In fact, she eventually retreats to Down's sofa, lounging back like some sort of royalty enjoying an opulent lifestyle, but with sweets instead of wine and grapes. A bottle of milk has managed to sneak away though, clandestinely hidden in the plumage of a wing.

Lucky, meanwhile, eyes his drink with inquisitive curiosity. When Down threatens to steal it though, he plucks it up with a wing, holding it aloft. He flashes a goofy, lopsided grin at her. "Cheers?"

He'll try to clink their glasses together, and assuming she doesn't pull hers away and send him toppling into some furniture or something, he'll then take a savoring sip of the boozy beverage. His eyes close, and he lets out a happy hum of enjoyment. It's nice to try an actual proper drink instead of old whiskey and questionable moonshine for once...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Carousel Court - Down's Increasingly Warm and Festive Lair-like Home]

Oh goodness.

Is that a Thanksmas tree standing up over there, all covered in lights and baubles and candy canes?

That's sure what it LOOKS like. There's even a little angel tree topper! Morning Glory didn't even pick out a terrifying looking one!

"Cheers!" Morning Glory agrees, drinking from her own glass. She allows a few moments to pass in silence and then says, "See? Isn't this nice? Friends spending time together on a cold Hearth's Warming night."

Honestly it is a wonder that the windegos haven't frozen the Wasteland solid. Brings to mind the one that she saw buried under thousands of tons of rubble.

"The City isn't perfect by any means, but it's a home. A home full of people who care about each other and look out for each other. And I think that's something we can be thankful for."

And then?

She turns to the watermelon colored pegasus.

"What about you, Down? What are you thankful for?"

Oh no.

Holiday traditions.

Oh boy they sure are pushing this hard, huh.
    It's with great reluctance that Down doesn't pull away from Lucky's clinking and greater reluctance still that she fails to burn that Thanksmas tree to the ground.
    Slightly less reluctance that she swipes a brownie, but it's also entirely possible she's eating that to buy herself some time away from Morning's question.

It's a rather good question.
    What is she thankful for?

There's the obvious and incredibly trite "my handful of friends not being dead", but she isn't nearly drunk enough to admit something like that. Not in front of Lucky, anyway.
    Could just be a butt and say "this alcohol", but she suspects Morning Glory wouldn't let her get away with that either.
    What then?
    After that little comment about how nice it is being with friends and how "home"y this forsaken city is, she's probably expecting something poignant.

She doesn't know how to do poignant.

"Am I allowed to be thankful that the snow here isn't radioactive or cursed?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #289

[Spako's Tower]

Sylvess blinks and rubs his eyes. Something different about his horns? Well he definitely felt weird...

"Did you, uh, did you do something to your butt?"

Wait, where did that come from?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Spako stands up, a little more awake.
    ”What in the Hells kind of question is that?” he asks, turning around a few times to try and figure out what Sylvess is staring at. Which will only prove to Sylvess that something is definitely different. Notably that Spako looks like he’s been on Sylvess’ flight training and diet regiment for fifteen years. And there have definitely been a few minor (and one major) alterations to his looks, starting on his nose and horns and going all the way back. He’d look quite stunning really, if he wasn’t sore everywhere and grumpy from Sylvess being crass in the morning.

21. - Top - End - #291

[Skullfort]
    Koshal looks up smiling at the big chimeric creature.
    ”Okay. I’m gonna name you...Waves. Do you like that name?” he asks it.
    Waves isn't as smart as Faye; he doesn't really understand the question. But Koshal is smiling, and the chimera bounces happily around the squire.
    "I think he does."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #292

[Jim's Place]

Div claps his hands together and grins earnestly. "Boys night out! Great!" He hasn't had too many of these in his short life.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #293

[Spako's Tower]

"Your butt. It's...bigger. A-and you also have, uh, I-I dunno how best to- th-there's just kinda more you, a-and it, um, y-you look really good." Which is a perfect cue for Sylvess to turn around and hide his face in embarrassment, giving Spako an excellent view of just how much Sylvess' figure has been "enhanced".

Although comparatively speaking, since Sylvess already had pretty good flight form, he probably ends up looking a little less athletic as a result of these changes, but considerably cuter.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skullfort]

Koshal smiles, bowing again to the assembled Leah’s.
    ”Thank you again, Ladies Danir. I should go get him situated with a spot in the stables...” Koshal muses as he sees if Waves will let himself be led around.
    [Spako’s Tower]

Spako stares at Sylvess for a few seconds before going over to his side.
    ”Yeah, well, yours too, mister.” he gives Sylvess a gentle hip-check.
    ”And I feel like our response to this would be different if I didn’t hurt everywhere and I wasn’t looking at my tower which resembles a war zone. Do you remember what happened?”

25. - Top - End - #295
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [A far too small apartment]

Valerie has been chatting with her parents on the phone in the master bedroom for the last hour at least. Astrana has been in charge of watching the kids quadruplets, while Maha is with Valerie. The girls are pretty content at the moment. All four of them are busy at the kitchen table with a pile of paper that's they're steadily making paper airplanes out of. The room is littered with them now.

Not too long later Valerie comes out of the bedroom with Maha held against her shoulder. "Well, that was interesting."

Astrana has bent down to put more of the airplanes into the big cardboard box she's been collecting them in and looks up as Val comes out of the bedroom. "Anything I can help with?" She offers.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

"My parents finally stopped waffling. They're going to move here. To the Nexus. They found a buyer for their house and everything." Valerie explains. "They're probably going to need to stay here for a little bit until they can move into a place of their own."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

[Jim's Place]

"A boys' night out sounds pretty great. I've never had one," Batu admits. They can clearly feel his relief over getting past the awkwardness. "We can still go to the karaoke. It's not just a couples' thing. And if we get bored with that we can just find someplace else."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jim’s Place]

Jim nods, grinning again.
    ”Sure, let me just put some real clothes on.” he tells them, shutting the door and returning a few minutes later in a green shirt and kilt and a small satchel.
    ”So, where are we going?”

29. - Top - End - #299
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"My parents finally stopped waffling. They're going to move here. To the Nexus. They found a buyer for their house and everything." Valerie explains. "They're probably going to need to stay here for a little bit until they can move into a place of their own."

"For how long?" Astrana immideately sounds hesitant about this deal, her tail suddenly held low while flicking in small curls like a tapping toe.

30. - Top - End - #300

[Skullfort]
    Koshal smiles, bowing again to the assembled Leah’s.
    ”Thank you again, Ladies Danir. I should go get him situated with a spot in the stables...” Koshal muses as he sees if Waves will let himself be led around.
    [Spako’s Tower]
    You've earned it, Koshal.

It seems Waves mostly wants to run around and play.
    But I'm sure Koshal will rein him in eventually.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine