New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 25: Still making mortgage payments

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

"It might be." Wenomir runs his hand through Cass' hair in thought. "I don't want to tell you what you should do with those memories. But I feel like hiding them in the back of your head and pretending they're not there won't work in the long run."
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Cass nods into Wenomir's lap, sighing deeply.
    "I... should probably go downstairs," she says, sounding regretful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra's smile at Cass goes to one of dumbfounded surprise in the blink of an eye as the cat speaks. There's embarassment there, too, subtle at first, but her cheeks go quite red quickly. She didn't realize the cat could talk, much less was sentient. And that line about "mortals". Something's definitely not right here, but at the moment, she's a bit too startled to catch it completely.

"I-uh...." Is all she manages to stammer for a moment, red-faced, and a second thought tumbles out before she really has time to filter it. "M-maybe I should go?"
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

"No, please stay," says Cass firmly, giving the cat a glare. The cat gives a little shrugging sort of motion, then hops off the couch, trotting over to the stairs and bounding up to the next floor.

Cass crosses over to where Electra is.
    "Sorry, that was just... my new familiar," she says, sounding anxious. "Would you... like something to drink?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

The blush deepens as Fayyaad compliments both Electra and Cass. The former doesn't say anything for a moment, just smiles.

"Thanks." She takes another quick pull off her beer, and looks down at it when she finishes. She's obviously feeling very vulnerable, if her expression is any indication. "It's...it was...difficult to talk about, but...Cass understands it. Better than I thought she would. Better than I thought pretty much anyone would. That...makes it a bit easier. I told you about how my brothers and sister died, yeah? Well...there's a bit about it I didn't tell you. If you want to hear about it, I think....I think I can talk about it now."

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

By the time the cat's left the room, Electra's entire face has gone red with embarrassment. As soon as he's gone, she facepalms with both hands.

"Oh my god, I'm an idiot," she says quietly, clearly ashamed of herself. "If there's something you've got that will make me less of one, I'll have some of that."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Fayyaad considers this for a moment. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't curious. Besides, this clearly weighs heavy on Electra. He feels like he needs to know, as her friend.

"I remember you telling me about your siblings, yes. If you want to tell the rest, I'll listen."

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

"You probably should," Wenomir agrees, giving Cass a kiss on the forehead. "Though there's something else I need to ask you first. A Vigil matter, not a private one. Do you know what happened to the soul jars held in the old tower?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-11-29 at 12:42 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

To her credit, Ithuriel does have some experience as a mother. She is, thankfully, not entirely clueless about this. But she also didn't have to juggle a job requiring copious amounts of overtime previously, and there was considerably less risk of her getting severely wounded on a regular basis back then.

All in all, she's probably done an okay job?

These kids needs more than just "okay" though.

"Oh, that's an excellent idea, Ambriel. If you can set them up with a few more things to help keep them entertained, I'm sure that would help." She's not particularly confident they'll be able to find much based on Eliza's information, but she's not going to dissuade Ambriel from trying. She can't help letting a faint smile come to her face at how helpful Ambriel's being. Good ol' Wings. She could always count on him.

[Spako's Tower]

Sylvess looks sheepishly down at the ground as he's stared at. He's never been good at dealing with that kind of pressure. He's just on the verge of mumbling some sort of apology when Spako dragonifies and spares him any further awkwardness.

"O-oh, you have? Um, how risky a risk are we talking about?"
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2019-11-29 at 02:30 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Spako flips through the book.
    ”Well, one of us could just go to the potion store and find something that lasts a month, then you know, do that the old fashioned way.
    Otherwise we have to get help from an outside party. Which means talking to someone powerful enough to help out. Which is always risky even when they’re totally benevolent.”
    Of course, he looked into the latter purely because he felt like Sylvess wouldn’t want to do the former.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

By the time the cat's left the room, Electra's entire face has gone red with embarrassment. As soon as he's gone, she facepalms with both hands.

"Oh my god, I'm an idiot," she says quietly, clearly ashamed of herself. "If there's something you've got that will make me less of one, I'll have some of that."
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Cass starts, surprised that Electra is beating herself up so much about it.
    "What? No you aren't," Cass says, concerned. "Is everything okay?"

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

"You probably should," Wenomir agrees, giving Cass a kiss on the forehead. "Though there's something else I need to ask you first. A Vigil matter, not a private one. Do you know what happened to the soul jars held in the old tower?"
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Cass thinks for a moment, before nodding hesitantly. "I do... a little. Why?"

7. - Top - End - #127

NinjaGuy

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra doesn't say anything more for a moment, and takes a deep breath. Finally, she wipes her eyes a bit and blinks several times. She's still pretty red, but it seems to slowly be subsiding. Despite the embarassment, Cass can probably see that she's also very tired, the look of someone who hasn't been sleeping well, if at all.

"I wasn't expecting him to talk...or be sentient," she says finally. "I suppose I should have expected it, given Xun, and some of the other stuff running around, but still. I was almost baby-talking to him." The blush returns slightly. "So, other than feeling like a moron, I'm ok. How about you?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir considers his next words for a moment. How much should he tell Cass? He finally opts for being honest.

"They are our responsibility in general and we've lost them. But more specifically, Reinholdt wants to take them from us and either lock them up in a fortress he prepared or release them. I admit the second option is appealing, if we can be sure it'll work. This way we wouldn't have to worry about them again."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: Ithuriel's Demiplane
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Ithuriel's Demiplane

Ambriel pulls a phone out of his pocket, and starts tapping away at the screen with determination. He gets about a third of the way through one incredibly long text before he remembers that, oh yeah, he's in a magical demiplane detached from the cell networks, communications satellites, and internet tubes needed for this message to actually go anywhere.

"Lizard guy, Delilah, trying to fix things," Ambriel nods, making a few notes for later. If Delilah is talking to some lizard guy, she might secretly be working for the side of evil, seeing as Feia herself is some sort of dragon or whatever. Something to watch out for, if they get more involved in this doomsday business than Ambriel is comfortable with. Right here on the periphery is fine; the big battlefields and political intrigue and whatever else Magtok is involved with? Not how Wings intends to spends his free time. "We've done more with less, and I wouldn't be surprised if Magtok knows all about her already," he smiles, confident that, for better or worse, he will get results.

"In the meantime, do you have any games or toys here, Eliza? Ith mentioned it being boring here. I could set up a generator and a tv to keep you both entertained when you get tired of sledding and snowmen," Ambriel offers. He knows he might not be the best with kids, that his own family has never been known for being especially kind or nurturing, but when it comes to finding problems and identifying possible solutions to those problems, who better than a MagClone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Ithuriel's Demiplane]

To her credit, Ithuriel does have some experience as a mother. She is, thankfully, not entirely clueless about this. But she also didn't have to juggle a job requiring copious amounts of overtime previously, and there was considerably less risk of her getting severely wounded on a regular basis back then.

All in all, she's probably done an okay job?

These kids needs more than just "okay" though.

"Oh, that's an excellent idea, Ambriel. If you can set them up with a few more things to help keep them entertained, I'm sure that would help." She's not particularly confident they'll be able to find much based on Eliza's information, but she's not going to dissuade Ambriel from trying. She can't help letting a faint smile come to her face at how helpful Ambriel's being. Good ol' Wings. She could always count on him.

Well, at least talking about trying to find "Aunt Delilah" from a theoretically-reliable adult is buoying some small amount of confidence in Eliza.
    Enough for a vaguely more realistic smile on her face, at least.
    "It'd be pretty great if you-"

"She's still alive."
    Zane still doesn't seem to be paying much attention to the group, but he does have a...rather delayed response to Eliza's prior concern about Delilah's current life-status.

This random interjection splutters Eliza's comment out, but she weirdly chooses not to follow up on it and instead goes away from that line of talk entirely.
    There's probably a reason for this somewhere.
    "Um, uh, yeah a TV would be great? If we even get signal out here? I think we have some cards and board games, but the electronics side of things not so much. No offense, miss Ithuriel. You've done more than enough as it is...begging for more seems kind of wrong."

The reality of this situation is that Zane really hasn't been too into...most activities lately, which has been pretty wildly concerning for Eliza, but she's been trying to act cool and collected about it instead. Maybe getting more things here will find an outlet for the boy?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

10. - Top - End - #130

NinjaGuy

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

"Back home, my siblings and I all shared an ability to communicate mentally," Electra says slowly. "We were all in each other's heads a good bit of the time. It was unique to us, a new development. No other reploids could hear us, and the communications were entirely secure, which allowed us to have a tactical advantage working as a team."

She finishes off her beer, then stands looking at the empty bottle for a moment, before looking back to Fayyaad, her expression wistful and nostalgic at the same time.

"I was team leader. My sister was our scout, and my brothers were our long-range combat, and close-in elemental support, respectively. That's partly why I'm so fast; I was built to provide support both at long and short range, so I needed to be able to move back and forth as quickly as I could."

She pauses, closes her eyes, and takes a deep breath.

"That in itself is bad enough, when I lost them, but...I was...connected, mentally, with each of them...when they died."
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2019-11-30 at 05:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Fayyaad listens to Electra without interruption and with growing concern. This kind of technology is beyond his experience - he's just about learned how to use the everyday conveniences the Nexus has to offer. But he doesn't need to understand the technology in order to understand how it affected Electra.

"I'm... sorry," he says finally, unsure how to express himself. He puts his hand across the table closer to Electra, so she can take it if she wants. "I know what a hole someone you love can leave behind and experiencing it this way had to be even harder."

12. - Top - End - #132

NinjaGuy

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Electra smiles, a bit sad, but thankful, too, opening her eyes and taking Fayyaad's hand.

"Thanks. It's...a little easier to talk about now, but...the memories are always going to hurt. I've accepted that, and tried to focus on the happy memories we had before they passed, but it's so hard sometimes." She squeezes Fayyaad's hand gently, not saying more for a few minutes, just enjoying his company.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

"That's what everyone says... focus on the happy memories you had. Easier said than done, isn't it?" Fayyaad says. "I'm glad I can be of help, though. Thank you for trusting me with this." When Electra falls silent, so does he.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ithuriel's Demiplane

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    "Um, uh, yeah a TV would be great? If we even get signal out here? I think we have some cards and board games, but the electronics side of things not so much. No offense, miss Ithuriel. You've done more than enough as it is...begging for more seems kind of wrong."

The reality of this situation is that Zane really hasn't been too into...most activities lately, which has been pretty wildly concerning for Eliza, but she's been trying to act cool and collected about it instead. Maybe getting more things here will find an outlet for the boy?

As I've said before, Ambriel doesn't know how to nurture. All he can do is identify problems and devise plans full of actions and expenditures to solve those problems. He settles for just nodding politely for now, since he's contributed all the ideas he has and can work on obtaining a television that doesn't need a signal without too much fuss. I mean, how hard could it be to just download a week's worth of cable programming and shove it into a flatscreen with all the crazy futuretech and magic available in the Nexus? I'm sure there's something like that, he'll just have to look around online later.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2019-12-02 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

15. - Top - End - #135

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

Good, they have a plan, they have some faint lead to follow, some ways to keep Eliza and Zane placated for a little longer. All good things.

"Win- uh, Ambriel, I was wondering if it's worth getting in contact with one of the organisations as well. VIGIL helped out in Inside, but I don't know enough about them. Do you think they'd have the tools to keep the children s-"

Ithuriel cuts herself short and glances at Zane. He hasn't been saying much, and that feels like the sort of thing that could just be a child's words, or...who knows? Who knows what powers he has?

If anyone knows, it's Eliza, right? Fighting the knee-jerk reaction to question Zane, she searches Eliza's expression for any indication as to whether she thinks Zane's words are genuine, or just that of a hopeful child.

"...keep the children safe." Ithuriel rubs her forehead. "Sorry. Eliza, Zane, do you two mind going inside just for a minute or two? I have- a lot on my mind right now. Other important things I need to discuss. We'll sort you out with a tv, start looking around, see if one of the orgs can help, okay? I promise I'll get you out of here as soon as I can do so safely."

[Spako's Tower]

"I-if we're seriously going to do this, we- we need to make sure i-it works, a-and that's, um, that's asking a lot for a potion. A powerful being can, y'know, guarantee it works." That makes sense, right?

"I-I mean yes it has risks, but, um, there's gotta be someone safe out there who can help, right?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Spako looks like he disagrees, but decides not to argue the point. Sylvess clearly feels very strong about this.
    ”I had a spare couple of days and I looked into it. Cleo’s daughter has a god in her pantheon who’s all about change and growth and new life and such. Kind of vague but they’ve done stuff for having kids before. Guess that thing is valued on farms or whatever. Anyway, They have a mother and father aspect and we could talk to one of those if you really wanted to when you’re ready for that.” he says matter of factly, gesturing at the notes he took in the book.

17. - Top - End - #137

NinjaGuy

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Electra blushes after a few minutes, her smile turning from sad to shy.

"I kind of want to get Cass a present, but I'm not terribly good at finding magic shops. Do you happen to know any good ones?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

Searching Eliza's expression has...a lot going on in it. Probably not the things that Ithuriel is looking for. While mostly calm, the signs of strain and a multitude of other negative emotions can be picked out here and there. Tiniest little tremble in the corner of her mouth. Occasional, brief unfocusing of her gaze of towards whatever Zane keeps staring at. Deliberately slow and deep breaths.

Eliza is trying really hard to not feel like the hot potato being passed around during a out of control party. Moving from place to place, being a lethal inconvenience.
    It's not terribly easy. The past weeks (months?) have been an ongoing train-wreck of such proportions she'll probably still be crying about it in the middle of the night, years from now.

Ithuriel means well, clearly she does. She's clearly not really...prepared for this admittedly impossible burden she has taken upon herself.
    This is a large part of why Eliza simply smiles at her request and gives Zane a little tug on his hand, away from Ithuriel and Ambriel, off inside. No fuss, no venting of the boiling cauldron of growing unease, terror, and anger she can feel churning in her gut.
    It's not her fault. It's not Ambriel's fault. It's not Zane's fault.
    She doesn't know who's fault it is, but that wouldn't really help anyway.

It wouldn't make her feel less trapped and alone.

"Zane and I will get another fire going, for when you're done."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Fayyaad takes a few moments to answer. Magic shops... he doesn't know much more than Electra, really.

"There's always Erin's Emporium and Azik's Enchantments, which we have a discount with in MERC. I've heard about a magic jewellery store in Inside. And a store in Riverside, but that one seems more about alchemy than magic." He pauses. "Though this depends on whether you want magic items or accessories for practitioners of magic."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-12-05 at 10:19 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra doesn't say anything more for a moment, and takes a deep breath. Finally, she wipes her eyes a bit and blinks several times. She's still pretty red, but it seems to slowly be subsiding. Despite the embarassment, Cass can probably see that she's also very tired, the look of someone who hasn't been sleeping well, if at all.

"I wasn't expecting him to talk...or be sentient," she says finally. "I suppose I should have expected it, given Xun, and some of the other stuff running around, but still. I was almost baby-talking to him." The blush returns slightly. "So, other than feeling like a moron, I'm ok. How about you?"
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

"Also feeling like a moron," says Cass. "So we've got something in common," she tells Electra, giving her a mock scowl.

She stretches, ostentatiously cracking her shoulders and her neck. "It's been a rough little bit."

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir considers his next words for a moment. How much should he tell Cass? He finally opts for being honest.

"They are our responsibility in general and we've lost them. But more specifically, Reinholdt wants to take them from us and either lock them up in a fortress he prepared or release them. I admit the second option is appealing, if we can be sure it'll work. This way we wouldn't have to worry about them again."
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Cass nods, slowly. "They were sent to a vault in the Void," says Cass, hesitantly. "Kr... she had made it toward the... well, when she was getting more paranoid. She didn't trust Magtok or HALO, or DC as well, and she had begun to hoard material there..." Cass shakes her head.

"But I don't know if I can access it anymore. My memory of the thing is pretty fuzzy, and there's definitely defenses there that I won't be able to bypass, even if I remembered how."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-12-06 at 12:33 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir feels a strange mixture of frustration and relief. On the one hand, part of him hoped they'd be somewhere she can retrieve them from easily enough. On the other hand, they are accounted for and whatever defences Kr had cooked up should have kept them from falling into the wrong hands. So it could have been much worse. He did worry Cass simply wouldn't know or remember anything.

"At least we know where to look, then," he says. "We'll talk about it later, with Cessie and maybe also Reinholdt. Then we'll break into the place if we have to."

22. - Top - End - #142

NinjaGuy

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra moves over and wraps her arms around Cass, pulling her into a quick fierce hug.

"We can be morons together, then," she says with a warm smile. "If you want to talk about it, I'm here. But, I also brought you something."

She nods towards the box she had with her, now placed on Cass's coffee table.

"I thought you might like it."

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Electra's expression shifts to a thoughtful one.

"Well....I'm not sure, actually. The only places that I know of are the folks who made my protection amulet and they kind of specialize in that area. Either an accessory or a magic item might be ok. I guess it's one of those, 'I'll know it when I see it', sort of things? I've been to Erin's and Azik's, but neither really had anything that seemed appropriate. I suppose I could try that jewelry shop in Inside. I've been in the place in Riverside and you're right, they're more about potions and alchemy."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Fayyaad scratches his cheek in thought.

"'You'll know it when you see it' might be right here, yes. If I were to buy Cassandra something, I think I'd go looking for something interesting or unusual more than practical. She's very curious about magic in all forms. But that's just a feeling."

24. - Top - End - #144

NinjaGuy

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Electra nods.

"That was pretty much my thought, but I haven't run across anything particularly interesting yet. Maybe I should try in Skyside?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Fayyaad tilts his head in thought. His tail swishes from left to right behind him.

"Could be worth a try, but without a specific place to look for, it might be time-consuming. A specific and reputable place. If you don't know much about magic you want to be sure you're not being sold a fake."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-12-07 at 06:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ithuriel's Demiplane

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Ithuriel's Demiplane]

Good, they have a plan, they have some faint lead to follow, some ways to keep Eliza and Zane placated for a little longer. All good things.

"Win- uh, Ambriel, I was wondering if it's worth getting in contact with one of the organisations as well. VIGIL helped out in Inside, but I don't know enough about them. Do you think they'd have the tools to keep the children s-"

Ithuriel cuts herself short and glances at Zane. He hasn't been saying much, and that feels like the sort of thing that could just be a child's words, or...who knows? Who knows what powers he has?

If anyone knows, it's Eliza, right? Fighting the knee-jerk reaction to question Zane, she searches Eliza's expression for any indication as to whether she thinks Zane's words are genuine, or just that of a hopeful child.

"...keep the children safe." Ithuriel rubs her forehead. "Sorry. Eliza, Zane, do you two mind going inside just for a minute or two? I have- a lot on my mind right now. Other important things I need to discuss. We'll sort you out with a tv, start looking around, see if one of the orgs can help, okay? I promise I'll get you out of here as soon as I can do so safely."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Ithuriel's Demiplane]

Searching Eliza's expression has...a lot going on in it. Probably not the things that Ithuriel is looking for. While mostly calm, the signs of strain and a multitude of other negative emotions can be picked out here and there. Tiniest little tremble in the corner of her mouth. Occasional, brief unfocusing of her gaze of towards whatever Zane keeps staring at. Deliberately slow and deep breaths.

Eliza is trying really hard to not feel like the hot potato being passed around during a out of control party. Moving from place to place, being a lethal inconvenience.
    It's not terribly easy. The past weeks (months?) have been an ongoing train-wreck of such proportions she'll probably still be crying about it in the middle of the night, years from now.

Ithuriel means well, clearly she does. She's clearly not really...prepared for this admittedly impossible burden she has taken upon herself.
    This is a large part of why Eliza simply smiles at her request and gives Zane a little tug on his hand, away from Ithuriel and Ambriel, off inside. No fuss, no venting of the boiling cauldron of growing unease, terror, and anger she can feel churning in her gut.
    It's not her fault. It's not Ambriel's fault. It's not Zane's fault.
    She doesn't know who's fault it is, but that wouldn't really help anyway.

It wouldn't make her feel less trapped and alone.

"Zane and I will get another fire going, for when you're done."

Ambriel waits for a moment or two, for Zane and Eliza to turn towards the door. Maybe not as many moments as Ithuriel would prefer, because the first thing he does is spring a great big hug on her.

"Listen, no business stuff for a moment. I know you're not feeling it, but you're doing an amazing job right now, okay? We've got this under control, we can handle it. The kids are going to be safe and happy and everything's going to work out. Just hang in there a little longer. You're the best cop Intersection's got, and I'll be right here for you every step of the way," Wings promises. He actually sounds like he believes all of that nonsense too, like Zane's word on Delilah's safety can be trusted and all they have to do is call up that annoying little purple-robed egomaniac, explain the situation, and all their problems will be instantly solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir feels a strange mixture of frustration and relief. On the one hand, part of him hoped they'd be somewhere she can retrieve them from easily enough. On the other hand, they are accounted for and whatever defences Kr had cooked up should have kept them from falling into the wrong hands. So it could have been much worse. He did worry Cass simply wouldn't know or remember anything.

"At least we know where to look, then," he says. "We'll talk about it later, with Cessie and maybe also Reinholdt. Then we'll break into the place if we have to."
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

"Alright," Cass says, nodding somberly. A serious talk with Cessie Mithar isn't exactly an event that Cass is looking forward to... but she supposes it might be necessary.

She turns back and creeps down the stairs carefully, peeking down to see if Genevičve is still there... and then there's a sudden "oh!" and Wenomir may suddenly find himself immersed in a rich aroma of chicken, and wine, and herbs, and onions, all at once, as if someone had filled a balloon with all the smells of delicious things cooking, and popped it quite suddenly right in front of his head.

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra moves over and wraps her arms around Cass, pulling her into a quick fierce hug.

"We can be morons together, then," she says with a warm smile. "If you want to talk about it, I'm here. But, I also brought you something."

She nods towards the box she had with her, now placed on Cass's coffee table.

"I thought you might like it."
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Cass squeezes Electra tight, smiling happily as the hug breaks.

"Oh?" She says, tilting her head curiously at the package.

"Should I open it now?" She asks, already moving toward it to do that exact thing.

28. - Top - End - #148

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

Setting aside the momentary surprise at sudden Wings-hug, Ithuriel's response still probably isn't the one he's expecting.

No, no, scratch that, it's definitely not.

See, normally when it comes to Wings, she's a very huggy person, to say the least. Heck, half the time a hug leads straight into her picking him up, pulling him in for a kiss and...well, sometimes things go somewhere else from there.

Even accounting for the kids, it's very strange for her to be so very, very hesitant to put her arms around him in turn, almost reluctant to touch him for a moment, and-

"I-I've been having inappropriate thoughts about a woman!" she blurts out, restraining herself just long enough to make sure the kids are out of earshot.

Really, Ithuriel? You had a plan for this, didn't you? Something, anything more well thought out than just shouting it out loud like that! Well, nothing to do now but see how Wings reacts to that news, I guess.

[Spako's Tower]

Sylvess feels strongly about many things.

Sometimes it even takes whole sentences from Spako to break Sylvess's willpower and get him to change his mind on something.

'tis very kind of Spako not to be abusing this power right now.

"W-well, why not?" He asks, craning his neck around to peer at the notes. "We can, y-y'know, go introduce ourselves, explain our situation, see what they're like and, um, hear how they'd, uh, do it. A-and then we can just do it when we're a-absolutely sure we're ready!"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Spako raises an ear-fin.
    ”You want me to summon a minor god so you can introduce us and discuss...plans? What if they get offended and turn us both into goats?” That would indeed be rather unfortunate.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

[Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Fine food isn't something Wenomir smells terribly often. It's not something he expected to smell here, for certain. He steps behind Cass and peers into the kitchen himself, not certain what to expect now either.