New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Home 25: Still making mortgage payments

[Carousel Court - Down's Lair]

The gift sits heavily in Down's hooves.

"Don't worry about it!" Morning Glory replies brightly. "I've brought enough gifts and treats for everypony."

Then she trots inside.

She frowns at the bottles a bit, scooting them away, before giving her cart a little kick! It unfolds dramatically, splaying open to reveal a few bottles for making mixed drinks.

But more importantly?

Treats!

Brownies and candies and chocolates oh my! Candy canes and sugar plums and fruit pattes!

"Since you didn't come to the Thanksmas party I decided to bring the Thanksmas party to you! Merry Thanksmas, Down Feather, from one friend to another. And a very happy Hearth's Warming!" Morning says, just positively gushing with holiday cheer.

She's doing other things, too. Every now and again she sort of... jitters a little. Always just out of the corner of the eye without really moving. Each time it happens another bottle has been deposited in a recycling bin across the street or some rubbish tossed into the dumpster.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Wenomir does look impressed at the sight of all this. So much magic, just to cook a meal quickly? Almost as if she were showing off. Which the warrior deep down knows he can hardly fault others for.

"I believe I will. It'd be just plain rude not to after so much effort," he says with a smile.
    [Cass' Tower - Wenomir]

Cass walks over to the table, sitting down. Wenomir will likely have to be the one dishing out the stew, since Cass only has one hand. Regardless, they almost certainly have a pretty dang good lunch, barring any more serious topics of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra smiles mysteriously.

"It's....a little more than that. You might want to have a look at the scroll."

The ring, when Cass picks it up, seems to almost hum with ingrained magic. The tiny runes shimmer ever so slightly. A closer inspection reveals some of the same sorts of magic runes that are on the doll, along with what might be runes that link the ring's magic to something else. There's also some telepathic, or perhaps, telekinetic magic here, but it's hard to tell how any of it ties together.

If Cass takes Electra's suggestion, the scroll will provide the missing link. The doll itself is a tiny golem, exquisitely made, and quite special. The ring is a control device for the doll. It allows the wearer to not only control the doll's movements, but also to share senses with it, and change its form to one the wearer desires, with a few restrictions (mostly that the form needs to be humanoid, and any special features, like wings or so forth, are merely decoration), and albeit, at the doll's size. The ring requires the wearer to attune to it, after which, the doll can be controlled by thoughts, and senses shared whenever the wearer desires. The doll can also be set tasks mentally, which it will carry out to the best of its abilities without further input from the ring-wearer. Ending attunment to the ring makes the doll inert once more. An odd, but interesting device.
    [Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Cass does indeed look at the scroll, reading through it quickly, before putting it back and picking up the doll again, turning

"I've... never had a doll like this, before." Cass says, sounding slightly... wistful. "Well, I've never had a doll."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Well that sounded like a very Lucky reason for falling off the face of reality and leaving her alone.
    But she's not bitter. Haha. Ha.

"Well, good to...see...you...hey, what the heck."
    There goes Morning Glory, just walking right on like she owns the place, swiping Down's around and then dropping down a- okay forgiven.
    She dropped a mini-bar. This is probably the greatest thing Morning Glory has or ever will do in her unfathomable existence.

"Okay. 'Party at Down's place, woo' I guess."
    She doesn't seem entirely hateful of the idea (unusual by Morning's usual interactions), and she moves the rest of the way to the side to wave Dawn and Lucky in.
    "Sorry about the mess, I don't really get visitors."
    The rapidly, mysteriously diminishing mess.

The place is simple. Table there, couch there, kitchenette over there, little TV-stand over there without a TV on it and some empty flower vases, and a staircase over there leading to the upper level. Her room and restroom lurk up there.
    Not very large, but good enough for her (and Persimmon, when he's around).

It's not going to take long for Down to exist in the imminent vicinity of the new alcohol, setting her gift on the nearby table to be opened after she has some more booze in her blood.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Carousel Court - Down's Lair but with more booze now]

Dawn flashes another meek smile. "Don't worry about the mess, silly. We're just happy to see you."

And then Dawn's eyes widen as Morning Glory unleashes the snack cart. "Oh wow," she mumbles in awe, gaze locking on the various sweets. "I want to try everything."

Lucky, meanwhile, grins eagerly at the booze. However, his grin fades a little, and he gets an inquisitive look on his face as he watches Morning Glory for a bit. He can't help but notice the strange shudder or flicker at random, and his gaze briefly travels over to the trashcan occasionally becoming more full. His eyes narrow for a moment, before he shrugs to himself, and trots over to the cart.

He's known enough "party ponies" in his strange life to recognize, if not expect, a certain degree of... oddity. But Down seems to at least tolerate her, so he doesn't seem inclined to mistrust her or otherwise create conflict. "Thank you kindly for bringing all this and lettin' us have some," he says with a pleasant, lazy smirk. "And thank you for keepin' an eye on Down and lookin' out for her. Our little group has been separated for... awhile," he sighs softly. "It's nice to know somepony has been trying to help her while we weren't around."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #245

"Well, helping people I meet is kind of what I do," Morning Glory admits as she sets out a few bottles of alcohol along with the various other ingredients that go with them. "That's part of the reason why I work over at Trog's Tavern. It's one of the most common places for newcomers to pop up, so it gives me a chance to give them a warm Nexus welcome!"

Honestly...

Morning Glory does have something of a party pony vibe going on. Even if her mane is done up in a pretty utilitarian pony tail instead of being a giant frizzy mess.

Hmm...

It smells nicer in here all of a sudden.

Is that a fresh evergreen garland draped across the room? With cheerful red holly berries and little lace snowflakes hanging off it?

That's sure what it looks like.

"So, first thing's first! Try some goodies, then the drinks. Drinking on an empty stomach or a stomach full of nothing but healing potion isn't good for you after all."

Honestly everything here looks and smells wonderful. Brownies? Chocolates? Candies? Which one first?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Down is not really sure how to respond to most of this, still.
    There's her usual impulse to just be a huge grouch about it, but to be honest. She's tired and there's enough of a voice in her that wanted to see these people that she doesn't have the heart.
    Maybe later.

"Ugh, we're probably going to have to do that whole 'catching up' thing, aren't we? This is going to take all nigh-hey! Whoa! I am not drunk enough for those to be up in my house yet!"
    Oop, wait, found a tiny little trace of that grinch after all, jerking a hoof up accusingly at the garland with a bit of a look at Morning Glory.
    "Give a girl like...ten minutes first."
    Ten minutes to take whatever is in this glass right here, that she is currently preparing to just down a copious amount of.

She'll leave a bit for everyone else probably.
    A brownie did already disappear into her mouth. You all saw nothing. Those are not crumbs on her face.
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #247
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"They're safe here, but not happy here, Wings. And among the many things I can't do, one of them is providing appropriate care and emotional support for kids who have been through what they went through. I'm not just going to wander over to VIGIL and say "Hey take these kids", I'm going to sit down and have a long talk to make sure they would be just as safe there." Ithuriel glances back at the cabin behind her and tiredly runs a hand across her brow. "And if I'm being completely honest, I don't know how safe they are here. I'm concerned about keeping them in any one place for too long. Sure, things have quietened down a bit in Inside, but I'm not convinced that's the end of it. If anything ever found a way to breach this- well, it'd be something beyond my capabilities, and I can't exactly call in backup here at a moment's notice. If an org can take the kids in safely, they'll at least have the resources to deal with anything that does find its way in."

[Spako's Tower]

"O-oh, um, do you prefer horse? We could, um, try again maybe?" Sylvess blinks, pauses, and looks round at Spako. "Um, c-could we? Can we try to aim for a- for a specific, uh, um..."

Goddess, meet Sylvess. He is an awkward dragon who is bad at talking. Expect more of this.

"Oh, um, is shiny bad? W-we could make ourselves, uh, less shiny?"

He is very bad at this.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

”Sylvess, we are not going to waste her time by re-summoning her.” Spako says quietly, though he knows she can hear him.
    ”Aw, you remind me of a silvery fellow I helped once. No, hun. Your shine is fine. Though both of you could use some meat on your bones. Mostly him.” she smiles at Spako, who squirms self-consciously.
    ”But I’m sure you didn’t call me just for some bulking up. What was it now?” Spako looks at Sylvess pointedly. This was his goal. He has to spit it out.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Carousel Court - Down's Festive Lair]

Dawn's eyes are wide and sparkly at all the food and drinks and holiday cheer. Lucky's eye twitches a bit as the garlands and decor mysteriously appear, and he tries not to think too hard about it and the implications.

Dawn bounces over to the snacks and immediately starts to fill up a plate with various sweets and snackies. Lucky takes his time, lazily sauntering over, eyeing the offerings with a mix of curiosity and wariness. Years of survival in the unforgiving wastelands had left him suspicious of everything, especially shiny free stuff. "Yeah, lot's of catching up to do, but it can wait," he muses aloofly. "It seems like good company and holiday cheer are the most important thing to focus on right now, eh Miss Glory?" he asks with a lazy smile, as he extends a wing to poke at a few bottles. "I wonder what-"

"Just test your luck," Dawn grins deviously, before plucking a random bottle off the cart with her wing, and shoving it into Lucky's mouth, tilting the bottom up and giggling deviously at his shocked expression.

Hopefully a little misfortune for Lucky will brighten Down's mood. And hopefully that was something sweet or syrupy, and not concentrated hot sauce or something.

10. - Top - End - #250

Ithuriel's Demiplane

Ambriel frowns, not liking where this is going, but not really having any viable alternatives. No one in Casa Faction is even remotely qualified to babysit, and putting his whole family at risk like that sounds extremely unappealing when there's a whole bunch of designated heroes right over there in their magical fortress waiting for something to do.

"...Fine. You think you can convince them to let Vlad or Haz watch the kids too? I really don't like leaving this entirely in the hands of people we don't know, and those guys are the best fighters Faction's got." Needs doesn't really count because he just sorta floats in and out of both Faction and the MagCave whenever he pleases. He doesn't really belong to any side in the dumb MagClone civil war. It's all meaningless, petty mortal squabbling to Dr. Maghattan, really.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2019-12-23 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #251

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, Down," Morning Glory replies innocently.

There comes a soft jangling sound as a fresh evergreen wreath covered in little brass bells appears on her door, gently swinging back and forth a bit.

And then?

Bottles are grabbed!

"Wait that's-"

Too late. A bottle of chocolate liquor that's mostly just for mixing into drinks. Vodka, syrup, and of course chocolate. It tastes VERY sweet and VERY chocolatey with a decent little kick to it. It can be drank straight, sure, but that isn't what it's strictly for. The sight of Down drinking right from the bottle causes the poor drink-mixing mare to pull a scrunchy face.

Then?

Lucky gets fed a bottle, too.

"NO! That one isn't even-!" ugh! Morning rubs her hooves down her face in exasperation.

Lucky just chugged a bottle of red chili sauce. It isn't even alcoholic. It is just straight up hot-sauce. Morning Glory uses a dash of it in one of her signature drinks, the Torchlight. Perfect for keeping you warm when delving into the darkest of dungeons!

Dawn is a little more fortunate with her selection of goodies. She's got a few sugar plums which, despite the name, don't always have plum in them. Should she try a few she'll find that they have a nice little colorful crunchy candy shell with a bit of dried fruit paste mixed with shredded almond for body and spices for extra pizazz. Each one of them tastes wildly different and is like a tiny flavor explosion when she bites into them.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Carousel Court - Down's Reluctantly Festive Lair]

Down smacks her lips a bit in confusion, as she stairs at the bottle for a minute afterwards.
    "...not the worst thing I've ever tossed back."
    Definitely way too sweet for her liking, but not awful...awful is a particular sub-type of backyard moonshine she's regretted not dying from afterwards.

But she does gingerly set the bottle back down on the table, before she takes away all of Morning's utensil there.
    "Maybe with 70% more actual alcohol, be pretty good."

She tries pretty hard to not twitch at the jangling on her door, which is pretty easy when she can spend the next several moments working out all the syrupy chocolate flavor in her mouth.
    All in all, probably a better experience than what Lucky is about to have.
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Carousel Court - Down's Festive Lair]

To his credit, Lucky doesn't scream or panic or die instantly on the spot. His face goes a deep red, sweat beading on his brow and dampening his mane, as his eyes dart around the room. "hot" is all he manages to squeak, before he begins to stagger towards what he hopes is the kitchen, wings buzzing anxiously as he tries to keep ahold of his senses and self-control and not just throw himself bodily out the nearest window and go find a lake.

Dawn, meanwhile, just smirks mischievously, before going back to enjoying her sugar plums, savoring their almost unnatural deliciousness before reaching for more snackies.

Hopefully Down doesn't mind Lucky raiding her kitchen, or at least trying to find the sink and guzzle directly from it.

14. - Top - End - #254

[Carousel Court - Down's Fantastically Festive Lair]

Morning Glory casually passes Lucky a bottle of milk. Yes, that's for mixing drinks too. And considering that the pegasus is probably about to chug it, that's another type of drink that she won't be fixing this evening.

"That's chocolate liqueur. It's for mixing with other stronger drinks to flavor them," Morning Glory explains. "That's the whole art of mixed drinks. You add good flavors together to make something even better! Sure you can drink the liqueur straight, but that's not quite the same. Do you want to try one of my favorite drinks that uses the chocolate liqueur? Or maybe just something with a little more kick?"

As Down noticed, now that her mouth tastes very strongly of sweet chocolate syrup.

Also?

A reflective glass tube full of holes and filled with light is now hanging from the ceiling, slowly rotating and wobbling back and forth. It casts little glittering points of light around the room reminiscent of drifting snowflakes.

"The hot sauce is just a garnish, it isn't even alcoholic," Morning says a bit apologetically. "I've got some habanero liqueur if you want to try that; it's even hotter than the sauce BUT it does in fact contain alcohol."

That sounds good, right Lucky? Drinking something even more spicy than what you just had?

Dawn discovers a plate full of chocolate covered fruit patte. Wonderful chocolate on the outside, something akin to a softer gumdrop on the inside. Orange, cranberry, fig, raspberry, apple, each with a fantastic fruity or floral flavor in case of the licorice ones.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Carousel Court - Down's Dismayingly Festive Lair]

This place is starting to look less terrible and more actually pleasant.
    It's freaking Down out a bit. For a variety of reasons she doesn't really want to think about right now.

Instead, she's going to smirk at Lucky when he aims himself off towards her kitchenette. Although it looks like Morning Glory is going to nix that particular entertainment short here...ah well.
    At least she can still imagine in fine. Dummy.
    "Lucky still doesn't know how to live up to his name, that's comforting."

And then an offer for fanciness.
    Down has never really been one for mixed drinks, never seeing them as especially practical. Military-time only allows for the basics that you can forage or carry, which usually does not include fully stocked mini-bars.
    Thus, she is somewhat skeptical here. Skeptical, and yet, what else is she supposed to be doing here? They just barged right in for forced socialization, so might as well take advantage of some of it here and maybe find a new drink to get at a bar.
    "Eh, what the hell. Yeah, go ahead and show me how that stuff's supposed to go."
    The chocolate stuff, specifically.
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Dawn continues to munch on snackies cheerfully, delighting in the different tasty creations and trying to expand her palette. At this talk of chocolate makes her want to peruse the selection of brownies and snack cakes, though.

Lucky, meanwhile, drinks about half the milk but is polite enough to not chug it completely. Setting it down, he curls up on the floor for a moment, shivering and shuddering as his stomach tries to figure out how to handle the sudden influx and combination of horribly contrasting things. "Uggggggh... Nope, that's me. Delightful irony and contradiction..." he grumbles with a pained grin over at Down, sweat soaking his face.

He then grimaces at Glory. "Yeah, uh, I'll pass on the spicy drink. I think I'm good on heat for awhile. But the chocolate drink sounds like, uh, a nice change of pace..."

17. - Top - End - #257

[Carousel Court - Down's Fantastically Fun Festive Lair]

There's a pretty little snow-globe over there on that table now. Like many snow-globes it is ALSO a music box and it is now busy plinking away a festive holiday tune. All the garbage is cleaned up at this point and a second garland has been draped, this one made of shiny tinsel and GLITTER.

At this rate Down's lair will actually look like something other than a depressing hole.

"Okay, two brandy Yezekiel coming up!" Morning Glory announces as she takes a pair of martini glasses out. First some apple brandy. Then chocolate liquor. Then a bit of cream. And finally garnished with a dash of cinnamon. The two pegasi are offered the drinks with a smile! They certainly SMELL really good. "This is a personal favorite of mine. As you might imagine I've picked up quite a few different ideas for mixed drinks over the years given the range of clientele that Trog's Tavern gets. Everypony should stop by some time, it's a fun place!"

Hmm.

Fancy looking glasses.

There's not THAT much in them. But it isn't a shot glass, either, so you're probably not supposed to just hammer it back.

The drink tastes rather like chocolate milkshake with side of apple. Chocolate and apple go together pretty well.

Dawn will find that there's a wide selection of brownies. Morning Glory's special of course, apple cinnamon brownies. Seems to share a theme with that favorite drinks of hers. There are also double fudge, peppermint, and butterscotch. By the time Dawn is done she'll probably be craving something to drink. It actually looks like Morning Glory came prepared with several bottles of milk.

What kind of crazy person wouldn't bring extra milk along with brownies.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Cass' Tower - Gifts]

Electra smiles gently as Cass examines the doll and the scroll.

"I doubt many have had something like that particular one, but...when I found it, it made me think of you. I think whoever made it must have cared very much about the person they were making it for, to inscribe so many of those tiny little runes to make it work."

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

Electra nods again, looking a little surprised.

"Antique stores....that's something I wouldn't have thought of, but you're right, that might be a good avenue, come to think of it. I haven't been antiquing here in the Nexus yet, I've probably missed a lot of good stuff."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

[Feelings with Fayyaad]

"I haven't done it in the Nexus yet, but I have visited some back home. It's a matter of finding a diamond in the rough, but you can find one," Fayyaad says. "Nexus being what it is, it might be easier here. People here treat as commonplace what would be a wonder to behold in Moran-Ir." He looks at his bottle again. "I'm afraid I've only got one more bottle left..."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Carousel Court - Down's Festive Almost-Home-Like Lair]

Oh weird, a pillow of some kind has ended up on top of that snowglobe, muffling its plinking.
    Weird. Wonder how that got there.

Entirely unrelated to that incident, definitely, Down gingerly takes the proffered chocolate-booze and gives it a sniff or two.
    "Certainly smells like the sort of thing this endless pit of positivity would eventually create."
    She somehow manages to make a commentary about Inside being relatively happy sound just a touch bitter.

"Better drink up, Lucky, or I'm going to take yours as punishment. Or Dawn will because she's eating everything and is probably going to be thirsty."
    This seems like a mostly idle threat, since she's making a point of not guzzling this one instantly. More of a tentative couple of tests, before she takes a proper drink and stares thoughtfully at a wall for a minute.
    Judging.
    Certainly isn't bad, but...hmmm. She is not sure how to feel about this beyond that.
    Down doesn't spend a lot of time with "nice things".
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Dawn has forgotten about drinks. She's too enamored with the brownies. She's taking her time, nibbling them and enjoying them bit by bit, savoring the flavors. In fact, she eventually retreats to Down's sofa, lounging back like some sort of royalty enjoying an opulent lifestyle, but with sweets instead of wine and grapes. A bottle of milk has managed to sneak away though, clandestinely hidden in the plumage of a wing.

Lucky, meanwhile, eyes his drink with inquisitive curiosity. When Down threatens to steal it though, he plucks it up with a wing, holding it aloft. He flashes a goofy, lopsided grin at her. "Cheers?"

He'll try to clink their glasses together, and assuming she doesn't pull hers away and send him toppling into some furniture or something, he'll then take a savoring sip of the boozy beverage. His eyes close, and he lets out a happy hum of enjoyment. It's nice to try an actual proper drink instead of old whiskey and questionable moonshine for once...

22. - Top - End - #262

[Carousel Court - Down's Increasingly Warm and Festive Lair-like Home]

Oh goodness.

Is that a Thanksmas tree standing up over there, all covered in lights and baubles and candy canes?

That's sure what it LOOKS like. There's even a little angel tree topper! Morning Glory didn't even pick out a terrifying looking one!

"Cheers!" Morning Glory agrees, drinking from her own glass. She allows a few moments to pass in silence and then says, "See? Isn't this nice? Friends spending time together on a cold Hearth's Warming night."

Honestly it is a wonder that the windegos haven't frozen the Wasteland solid. Brings to mind the one that she saw buried under thousands of tons of rubble.

"The City isn't perfect by any means, but it's a home. A home full of people who care about each other and look out for each other. And I think that's something we can be thankful for."

And then?

She turns to the watermelon colored pegasus.

"What about you, Down? What are you thankful for?"

Oh no.

Holiday traditions.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

[A far too small apartment]

Valerie has been chatting with her parents on the phone in the master bedroom for the last hour at least. Astrana has been in charge of watching the kids quadruplets, while Maha is with Valerie. The girls are pretty content at the moment. All four of them are busy at the kitchen table with a pile of paper that's they're steadily making paper airplanes out of. The room is littered with them now.

Not too long later Valerie comes out of the bedroom with Maha held against her shoulder. "Well, that was interesting."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

[Jim's Place]

Batu has arrived there with Div. He hasn't seen much of Jim lately, though the faun no doubt knows about Div, since Batu can't help but talk about him.

"I'm still really not sure about the karaoke thing," he admits to Div. "But if Jim and Syela are there too, I think it should be fan. You'll like her."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jim’s Place]

There’s a muffled call from inside the apartment. A minute later, the door opens. Jim Puck is his usual broad, well-muscled self, noticeable today as he’s only wearing a short kilt and an open flannel shirt. It’s green, but there’s something slightly off about it that can’t quite be defined. His horns are just as pointy, his hair just as curly, and his goatee just as well-trimmed as always.
    ”Oh. Hey Batu. What’s up?” he asks, surprised to see the hobgoblin and who must be the famous boyfriend.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Spako’s Tower]

”Sylvess, we are not going to waste her time by re-summoning her.” Spako says quietly, though he knows she can hear him.
    ”Aw, you remind me of a silvery fellow I helped once. No, hun. Your shine is fine. Though both of you could use some meat on your bones. Mostly him.” she smiles at Spako, who squirms self-consciously.
    ”But I’m sure you didn’t call me just for some bulking up. What was it now?” Spako looks at Sylvess pointedly. This was his goal. He has to spit it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Ithuriel's Demiplane

Ambriel frowns, not liking where this is going, but not really having any viable alternatives. No one in Casa Faction is even remotely qualified to babysit, and putting his whole family at risk like that sounds extremely unappealing when there's a whole bunch of designated heroes right over there in their magical fortress waiting for something to do.

"...Fine. You think you can convince them to let Vlad or Haz watch the kids too? I really don't like leaving this entirely in the hands of people we don't know, and those guys are the best fighters Faction's got." Needs doesn't really count because he just sorta floats in and out of both Faction and the MagCave whenever he pleases. He doesn't really belong to any side in the dumb MagClone civil war. It's all meaningless, petty mortal squabbling to Dr. Maghattan, really.
    [Spako's Tower]

Oh dear. Are we sure it's a good idea to let Sylvess do any of the talking here?

"Well, um, I-I-I don't know a-about bulking up. I make sure to keep myself within a-a very specific weight range for, um, optimal flying. B-but his wings are different, so um- uh, hey Spako, how difficult do y-you find doing consecutive aileron rolls?" Wait, Sylvess knows that word?

He blinks and shakes his head. He's getting distracted. This isn't about gettin Spako's flying form up to snuff!

"Right, no, th-that's not why we- he- we called you." Sylvess shuffles a little closer to Spako and puts a wing around him, leaning against the dragon. "Um. W-we want to have children."

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"Wings, please, don't worry." Ithuriel grasps his shoulders, leaning in to rest her forehead against his. "As long as the kids are in my care, it's my decision, and I won't be sending them anywhere unless we're completely happy it's safe to do so. And part of those conditions will be ensuring that you and me and all the Faction has access to the kids whenever we want, okay?" She'll lean in closer still to give him a quick kiss. "I appreciate all the help you're giving me on this. After I go have a word with someone in VIGIL, I won't make any decision on it before consulting with you. Now, let's get moving. We've got work to do."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Spako blinks. “Um, well it’s fairly hard. I can never quite keep up with you. Are you saying I need to be bigger to do that?” he asks, apparently just as easy to distract when it comes to flying. Spako likes flying.

Winry smiles at them, perfectly patient.
    ”Oh, is that it? That would be an issue with you two like that. Are you looking for me to change one of you to be compatible or just want both of you to do the whole...parent thing as you are? Because I don’t really do zapping kids into being. Not how it works.”
    ”Sylvess has already said he doesn’t want to just get a potion to make one of us female.” Spako tells her helpfully.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Skullfort]

After a long period of research, training, and weird monsters turning up around the fort, Koshal has been called outside to be introduced to his new mount.
    Various Leahs stand besides a giant curtain, which is to be whisked away for dramatic effect once the squire is here.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skullfort]

Koshal arrives promptly, dressed in his squire uniform. Not to be confused with his dress uniform, for Lady Danir's appearances at fancy parties. Or his armor, which is just his armor. Faye follows behind him, sniffing at the air.
    "Good morning, Lady Danir. And Lady Danir, and-" Koshal makes sure all of them get a greeting and a bow, because that's how a squire greets his Lady and also all of her sisters who are also the same person except when they aren't.

30. - Top - End - #270

Ithuriel's Demiplane

"Alright," Ambriel answers, most of his concerns swept away in an instant. She's Intersection's best cop, she's a literal angel, she's dealt with VIGIL before. Ithuriel has got this, Wings! She's going to make this all work, and you can count on her to do an amazing job at it!

"See you when I have good news later. I love you," he adds, since it's probably going to be a while before he gets a chance to say that again. Any number of horrible dragon monsters or Feiadyne goons might come after him or Ithuriel, so just in case we die out on the battlefield later, our last words to our girlfriend should be something other than serious business apocalypse stuff. A simple 'I love you' might not be that creative or poetic, but it'll have to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi