Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Only War - Newbie Friendly

Can I get an updated Table of Interest please? this time with the right sheets linked the right places? I suck at tables myself so... whoever makes it gets a browniepoint. Can be exchanged by half a Ration Bar of undefined thickpasty non-flavor.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Player Character
    Janwin Curtis "Eyes" Llagwelian
    Etherion Sergeant Grim
    Wyndeward Heinrich Mahler
    Stromwulf69 Robertus, Edmund Blackadder
    DrK Vin Nukeit
    tigerusthegreat Daryon

Also, I was under the impression that barring exceptional circumstance, anything on the regimental list can be found with no modifiers? And obviously stealing and trading gear is frowned upon, and sometimes a capital offense, but going through proper channels to request, say, extra grenades for a mission is fine, no?
    Last edited by Etherion; 2019-11-15 at 10:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

That's correct Etherion. Regimental Gear can be Requisitioned without issue. It needs exceptional circumstances to require a roll.

and yes that is also correct, normal requisitioning of gear is fully legal and is weighted on the need and capabilty of doing so. It's when you begin using blackmarket channels or literally STEAL from other regiments or from munitorial supply areas that it gets Commissar-involvement issues to it.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2019-11-15 at 01:52 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    That's correct Etherion. Regimental Gear can be Requisitioned without issue. It needs exceptional circumstances to require a roll.

and yes that is also correct, normal requisitioning of gear is fully legal and is weighted on the need and capabilty of doing so. It's when you begin using blackmarket channels or literally STEAL from other regiments or from munitorial supply areas that it gets Commissar-involvement issues to it.
    Oh no! The Commissar thought he was becoming corrupted by chaos and took his own life....with an m34 shell.....to the back.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Oh no! The Commissar thought he was becoming corrupted by chaos and took his own life....with an m34 shell.....to the back.
    Nonono, with a mini-impact rocket to the cranium fired from a boltpistol.

No commissar would be caught using something as crude as an M34 Autocannon to instill the Emperor's Justice.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

ok given that I have a luncher do you think 2 Krack Grenades clips. I think may be the best to go with what do you think?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf69 View Post
    ok given that I have a luncher do you think 2 Krack Grenades clips. I think may be the best to go with what do you think?
    My m34 has good armor pen if that helps your decision.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The grenade launcher gets regular frag grenades only as clips, not a krak, vortex or any other type. You can find other types for the launcher, yes. but to start with, the regiment's Grenadelaunchers get Frag Grenades for it.
    I do hope that's alright.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Also, please remember everyone, your regiment is a drop trooper regiment and you're designed to be a support regiment to be rapid deployed at emergency situations, or as a deep strike force ontop of the enemy in like, cityfighting or to land and be able to flank the enemy effectively.
    Hence why your gear is more lined towards mobility and lightweight armor-piercing weaponry.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Also, please remember everyone, your regiment is a drop trooper regiment and you're designed to be a support regiment to be rapid deployed at emergency situations, or as a deep strike force ontop of the enemy in like, cityfighting or to land and be able to flank the enemy effectively.
    Hence why your gear is more lined towards mobility and lightweight armor-piercing weaponry.
    How much weight can a grav chute safely handle? My gun alone is 40kg. Might be a good candidate for the Reduced Weight modification (which would shave 8kg off the weight).
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2019-11-15 at 10:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

WolfInSheepsClothing

Q = ANyway I can get a requisitioned roll for a metla gun before the mission starts ? or do I have to keep an eye out for one.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

How much weight can a grav chute safely handle? My gun alone is 40kg. Might be a good candidate for the Reduced Weight modification (which would shave 8kg off the weight).
    It can handle a trooper and his weapon loadout. Remember you have a comrade that might carry the heavy weapon down for you, or he holds a lot of your other gear to balance out weight.
    It's no jetpack so it cannot really help negate gravitational pull, but it can help mitigate it so you land safely. think quickfall with a rather effective break system when near the ground to help avoid being a big target for enemies to shoot at, a la WW II paratroopers in the open. You can actually even descend with weapon ready and even fire, if you don't fail your aeronautica test. and failing it means you fall an equivalent of 2 meters per DoF. And that's prior to calculating your catfall talent. This means Droptroopers are rarely, if ever, hurt during their drops due to their level of effective training in using the gravchute.

Q = ANyway I can get a requisitioned roll for a metla gun before the mission starts ? or do I have to keep an eye out for one.
    Prior to mission start, after i've given you all the Mission Assignment Gear (which can be anything such as heavy weapon implacement you need to bring to entrenched forces, to heavy explosives to use against tanks or other vehicles in heavy cover.)
    Once that's done, THEN you can roll the requisition rolls. Requisitioning stuff takes a while and with the way the Munitorum works, errors happen and things need to be filed in duplicates before being handed on to the next bored clerk.
    Hence why such rolls only can be done as part, and prior of a mission deployment, since once on the frontlines, you don't really have the chance to sent such requisition orders, except for gear already part of the Regimental Gear List, since that's fairly easy to ferry through the system since it's already an official item for the regiment to carry. Same with ammo, etc. (unless stuff like ammo supplies are running low, which requires Requisitioning rolls to be done to see if there's even the right ammo type available. It's rare, but can happen... ie. read Gaunt's Ghosts and see how bad such a thing can be).
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

WolfInSheepsClothing

As to things being hard to come by I have read all the grants ghosts and the new Honourbound (not a bad book by the way I liked the story of Titans Bane better) Hell the chose solders had better gear then them.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As to things being hard to come by I have read all the grants ghosts and the new Honourbound (not a bad book by the way I liked the story of Titans Bane better) Hell the chose solders had better gear then them.
    Good then you recall the book where they assault some, havenholm or some such (I dun recall fully here tho), where the Munitorum has sent the Ghost a bunch of ammo for a Type 5 Lasgun, where as the Ghosts use a Type 3 Chargepack for their own Lasguns, so they only have around a 2-clips per man of ammo, rather than plenty ammo for all, with no time to re-requisition more, at all.

Oh btw, everyone, I had totally forgot to ask you all about this: Do you all want a few of your items to be Variant Equipment Patterns? Like, I can imagine the Gravchutes possibly having been produced with the regiment's homeworld in mind, perhaps even the Survival Suits since they might be a more utilitarian type of gear that a lot of parachuters of the world use to deal with the heavy winds and to help a more streamlined jump a glide until the parachute is pulled?

Just asking here cuz I'm more than happy to do a few Variant Pattern roll for a few of the equipment items. Fair warning tho, if you get unlucky with more bad than positive effects, then so be it, not gonna go wishywashy on this.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well, It is ok with me. Also, I know this will be very different from my last two only war campaigns (like coming to a game with 50 characters for the Death Core campaign. )

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Iím down for pattern variants, sounds fun

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, It is ok with me. Also, I know this will be very different from my last two only war campaigns (like coming to a game with 50 characters for the Death Core campaign. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Etherion View Post
    Any gear preferences you all would prefer being the Variant Pattern? oh and you can all get to name the pattern yourself of course cuz that's the whole fun of it.

Rather than an Icarus-Pattern Gravechute, it could be called anything like the Featherfall Pattern Gravechute, or the Bullpup Lasgun could be a nearby forgeworld's pattern cuz closeness and ease of supply and production, etc.
    I'll do the rolls, you can all name them afterwards.

But I wanna make sure you all want this, cuz if just one person is against it, i'd rather we NOT enforce the use of Variant Pattern rules. FOr those that are lost about this, it's an optional rule found in Hammer of the Emperor where you roll to see how many positive and negative traits the item gets and then you roll on the relevant tables depending on the type of thing it is... a weapon or some non-weaponry piece of gear.
    Ps: I'd recommend not choosing the primary regimental weapon for this, since it can gain anything from Recharge Quality (which sucks and require it to recharge after every shot), to being just very bad in terms of damage.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm ok with it

19. - Top - End - #169

Beholder

Same here... sounds like a good time to me.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Same here... sounds like a good time to me.
    Turns out our grenades repair enemy tanks (but not our own) and our bullets cause us to go insane.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Turns out our grenades repair enemy tanks (but not our own) and our bullets cause us to go insane.
    Hey it's not Black Crusade we are playing here!

In that case, you can all vote for up to three items and any that gets a majority of votes will be rolled for.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Joke vote cause itíd only effect me: chainsword
    Real vote for first: grav chute
    Second: flak armour
    Third: bullpup lasgun

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Joke vote cause itíd only effect me: chainsword
    Real vote for first: grav chute
    Second: flak armour
    Third: bullpup lasgun
    I'm good with these votes, but would also be ok with the m34 getting a pattern.

24. - Top - End - #174

WolfInSheepsClothing

You know instead of a variant we could just make an upgraded standard. like the chain attachment or that ould be to gears of war with the chain saw bayonet.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You know instead of a variant we could just make an upgraded standard. like the chain attachment or that ould be to gears of war with the chain saw bayonet.
    Actually that'd cost more regimental Gear points, and there's not enough points for that at all.

It's why Variant Patterns exist if you want something that is a bit more unique pattern-wide, rather than having just a specfic item have an extra buff.
    No matter what, a Variant Pattern weapon will at minimum have 1 positive trait and up to 2 negative traits.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground

Still here! Just having a busy weekend.
    I'm down for a varient pattern, maybe for armor?
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

I like the idea of variant pattern equipment. Always entertaining, but perhaps not the lasgun!

Regarding the lanuchers is it only Frag? I had asked on Jan earlier page and it was more open? As I was going to request 1 frag and 1 incendiary (fire bombs) as our regiment load out.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I like the idea of variant pattern equipment. Always entertaining, but perhaps not the lasgun!

Regarding the lanuchers is it only Frag? I had asked on Jan earlier page and it was more open? As I was going to request 1 frag and 1 incendiary (fire bombs) as our regiment load out.
    Regular Frag Grenades for standard loadout. Other variants needs to be requisitions for a mission, or be part of a mission-given set of gear.
    You can designate any starting types of grenades as Grenadelauncher ammo, but will not be usable as normal handgrenades if so.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

List of items you all seem interested (to some degree) in possibly being Variant Patterned items.
    --------------

Gravchute x2
    Imperial Guard Flak Armor x3
    Bullpup Lasgun x1
    Maybe the M34 Autocannon x1

So that tells me you'd all like some Variant Pattern for at least the Imperial Guard FLak armor and the Gravchute.
    What do people think of the M34 Autocannon? I've heard people being against it being the Bullpup Lasgun, so that one will NOT be Variant Patterned.

Anything else? It can also be non-important Gear like your Respirator, your Frag Grenades, etc.

But it's up to you all, I'll only allow one more item to be Variant Patterned, beyond the Flak Armor and the Gravchute.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Frag grenades would be fine, though I'd prefer not to mess with the respirator. I say after being fine with messing with the grav chute.