New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Prison Escape IC

Of the three likely-wolves, I lean towards BoP as my last post shows, but I'm willing to change based on arguments and any evidence that the new day brings.

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Also you called me “him” when my pronouns are they/them.
    I didn't know. My apologies, and no offense was intended.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

See, I always thought that was just because BoP was plural. Multiple puppies and all that.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    See, I always thought that was just because BoP was plural. Multiple puppies and all that.
    That’s a happy coincidence; I made this account before I cracked my egg.

What can I do to dissuade your lynching me tomorrow?

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

I've always found that the best way to avoid a lynch (irrespective of alignment) is to convince everyone that someone else needs lynching more. So if you don't want to get lynched, do some analysis to find a better candidate.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

5. - Top - End - #125

Unavenger’s votes were RNG and then jumping on a wagon. They’ve interacted, but the only thing of note I saw was asking Caerulea about an odd vote.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Unavenger’s votes were RNG and then jumping on a wagon. They’ve interacted, but the only thing of note I saw was asking Caerulea about an odd vote.
    But they did tip the Elenna wagon into the lead from a tie. Do you think wolf!unavenger would have been premptively bussing by then already?

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    But they did tip the Elenna wagon into the lead from a tie. Do you think wolf!unavenger would have been premptively bussing by then already?
    If Elenna hadn’t gotten lynched yesterday, they would’ve gotten lynched tomorrow. Having a fellow wolf swing a bandwagon on you when you’re already doomed is a great way to get the town to trust them.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-08 at 05:48 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

If Elenna hadn’t gotten lynched yesterday, they would’ve gotten lynched tomorrow. Having a fellow wolf swing a bandwagon on you when you’re already doomed is a great way to get the town to trust them.
    What makes you think that? It seemed to me like the lynch on Elenna was in large part motivated by her not being JeenLeen or Libro, and if all that had happened earlier in the day the lynch could have swung on other people as well, I think.

Just for the record, I'm not trying to talk down your suspicion or convince you that you're wrong. Instead, I'm trying to get you to convince me you're right.

9. - Top - End - #129

Just for the record, I'm not trying to talk down your suspicion or convince you that you're wrong. Instead, I'm trying to get you to convince me you're right.
    You’re good, it’s a good way to make analysis occur.

- - - Updated - - -

Elenna flip-flopped votes on d1, which isn’t particularly wolfish, but also is t particularly helpful. She had 2 analysis-y posts d2, one of which used a lot of words to say very little (decently wolfish- making noise) and the second one being an attempt to save her skin. Maybe I was being too hyperbolic when I said she’d be lynched tomorrow, but probably would’ve bitten the bullet soon. If I was a wolf in that position I’d have another wolf tip the scales to my lynch. I’d rather have my death have use.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

End Of Night 2

As the power flickered again, several screams and shots were heard. From the looks of it, a shootout occurred in the dark - one side attempting and succeeding in taking out Xihirli and Caerulea, with somebody else shooting back blindly and hitting flat_footed by mistake! As you all go through the deceased's possessions, you come to realize flat_footed was attempting to do away with documents proving he'd been committing mass fraud against the state!

Xihirli died. She was the Blood Brother.

Caerulea died. She was the Blood Brother.

flat_footed died. He was the Accountant.

Spoiler: The Accountant
    Show
    Accountant - you've been a mostly-dutiful member of the prison here for quite some time. Sure, you've been skimming a bit from the budget here or there, but that's not enough to really justify an audit, surely? Well the higher-ups disagreed and you got word someone from Internal Affairs came by. The riot gives you a chance to get away clean with your stolen fortune, but you've gotta make sure that whatever notes the auditor's taken never see the light of day.

During Night Phase, you can select one person. You know who they targeted (if anyone) and anyone who targeted them.

WIN CONDITION: survive + the Internal Affairs is killed.

Day Three Begins

- - - Updated - - -

After a moment's thought, I've decided to add a player table.

Player Role
    BasketOfPuppies ?
    Caerulea Blood Brother
    DeTess ?
    Elenna Inside Man
    flat_footed Accountant
    flyinglemur ?
    JeenLeen ?
    Justicar Innocent
    kgato503 Corrupt Guard
    Libro ?
    The Outsider ?
    Unavenger ?
    Xihirli ​Blood Brother
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-11-09 at 12:17 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well then. Good luck murdering the innocent, hardworking guards y'all.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

See you at the winners' circle, town!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, is that a thing?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #133

I can’t say I’m surprised. I’m sorry to see you two go.

I’ll go with Unavenger for the reasons listed last night.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-09 at 04:23 PM.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to start with a vote on flyinglemur for starters. Flyinglemur, who is your main suspect, and why? And who do you suspect most after that?

@basketofpuppies, who would be your second suspect after Unavenger?

edit: I might as well give a quick update regarding my thoughts on unavenger and basketofpuppies. I'm not convinced that Unavenger is evil, but basketofpuppies has made a good enough argument that I'm tentatively putting them back on my list of suspects. I do think it should be noted that basketofpuppies decided to go after a suspect among those that had gotten some credit for the Elenna lynch. It makes me more inclined to trust them, though it could also mean that both basketofpuppies and flyinglemur are wolves, so wolf!puppies could not stick with the easier targets.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-11-09 at 04:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Libro has made one post with analysis; they also had a 2 posts hopping on a bandwagon and a joke post.

Flyinglemur has made 3 total posts (unless I missed something). One to try to get a discussion, one defending that action, and one apologizing for inactivity because of school and hopping on a bandwagon.

I’d say that they’re both about as suspicious as each other. Hopefully that changes today.

Also: I’m on mobile, which doesn’t show gender. I’m sorry if I misgender anyone!
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-09 at 05:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'll admit my posts have been sparse, although I didn't really think there was much left to analyze after you made your posts DeTess. The first day was a weird kerfuffle, especially since while Caerulea turned out to be town Elena was a wolf. I honestly don't know what that means about the kgato503 wagon.

I'd like to say Libro is more suspicious than me, although that may be biased for obvious reasons. He did vote for Elena, although that was after the tie had already been broken, and before that he was pretty clearly the one on the chopping block. That seems like it could be a tactic. Kill one wolf, but save the other, maybe the one with the more valuable power. And it would certainly make Libro seem more trustworthy. It's a tactical move.

The outsiders mysterious suspicious are, well suspicious. But he also pushed the Elena vote forwards when it only had one vote, and I don't see a wolf motivation for that. Still wondering about the suspicions though, especially when he called himself shifty. It's like the old trick from the Nostalgia Critic Cat in the Hat video, "If you point out that what your doing is evil, then it's immediately no longer evil."

Jeenleen seems pretty honest. I mean he basically spelled out his role, and certainly acted in a neutral way when he assured the wolves he wouldn't be a threat to them.

For now, I'll put my vote on Libro.

Edit: I forgot about you yourself Detess. You seem pretty towny with all the analysis, and you've basically made yourself the defacto leader, which would be pretty bold for a wolf, unless this is all a long con.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2019-11-09 at 06:23 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137

WolfInSheepsClothing

Screw it, gonna power move. DeTess, Libro, flyinglemur, basketofpuppies. Turns out kgato was coming down off a helluva high. Also like pretty sure that BoP is trying to kill me 'cause they already worked out who I am. Armed rioter, please win the game for us once we lynch one of these wolves.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

I can back Unavengers claim, having borne witness to their N1 scry that got them in touch with the Blood Brothers. For those who may not get the hint, I’m placing my cards on the table as well: I’m the Snitch.

Can also say that whoever targeted the Blood Brothers last night must’ve gone for Caerulea, since Xihirli wasn’t targeted by anyone other than myself.

Now to put my money where my mouth is: BasketofPuppies

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for that reveal, Unavenger. (BasketOfPuppies). Just to make it clear, who have you scanned exactly?

20. - Top - End - #140

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thanks for that reveal, Unavenger. (BasketOfPuppies). Just to make it clear, who have you scanned exactly?
    I've only actually scanned Xihirli as town, DeTess as town, but the other info I seem to have come into suggests BoP and lemur are evil.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    I've only actually scanned Xihirli as town, DeTess as town, but the other info I seem to have come into suggests BoP and lemur are evil.
    Yeah, I just went over it again. The remaining players are BasketOfPuppies, DeTess, flyinglemur, JeenLeen, Libro, The Outsider and Unavenger. With the two claims today (Libro as snitch and Unavenger as corrupt guard) and Jeenleen's claim from yesterday that just leaves BasketOfPuppies, flyinglemur and the outsider, and the outsider's vote was in a really weird place for him to be wolf, so it's probably one or both of BoP and Flyinglemur.

22. - Top - End - #142

Turns out that Libro and Unavenger were bad reads, so I’m gonna swap to flyinglemur.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-09 at 04:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Or just consider the more likely possibility that Libro and Unavenger are both wolves just confirming each other’s untrue role claims.

24. - Top - End - #144

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglemur View Post
    Or just consider the more likely possibility that Libro and Unavenger are both wolves just confirming each other’s untrue role claims.
    Sure, go ahead and lynch me. We have a nightkill and you have no nk-immune or rb, so when I flip you have a 1-for-1 at night and then whichever of you two survives gets lynched by the two remaining town and one remaining neutral. But we both know that isn't going to happen - we're gonna lynch your friend, and then the AR's going to kill you. If there's still wolves left then, we'll know who they are.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Well, this got real fast. I'd like to make my claim as the last neutral role and put my vote on BasketOfPuppies.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    I can back Unavengers claim, having borne witness to their N1 scry that got them in touch with the Blood Brothers. For those who may not get the hint, I’m placing my cards on the table as well: I’m the Snitch.
    Voting Libro in case any vote-lessening powers can put him at the top. Seems likely BasketOfPuppies will get the hit today, regardless, though.
    In-character, I was put away due to Libro snitching on me to the authorities. Freedom is nice if the rioters win, but him dying is what really matters.

I can also confirm that flyinglemur is not the Snitch, as that is my nightly scry. (I also saw Elenna wasn't it before she died, but that didn't seem helpful to share.)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

End Of Day Three

With the inmates rallying and announcing their affiliations, it was almost inevitable that the jaws of death starting sneaking shut on one of the hidden guards. When all was said and done, all that was left of the auditor's affairs was a blood-soaked basket.

BasketOfPuppies was lynched. They were the Internal Affairs.

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show
    Libro: flyinglemur, JeenLeen
    BasketOfPuppies: Unavenger, Libro, DeTess, The Outsider
    flyinglemur: BasketOfPuppies

Start Of Night Three

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

In retrospect, I probably should have let the Blood Brothers get lynched early in game instead of caring so much about seeming Town instead of Neutral. Well, I learn.

Being upfront since there seems no reason not to be: I'll scry Libro tonight to confirm he is the Snitch.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

First of all, I'd like to say I think basketofpuppies did a very good job trying to frame Unavenger. The roleclaim undermined it, unfortunately, but it was a good attempt nonetheless.

Looking at the votes, I think it's also fairly cut-and-dried who the remaining wolf is, namely flyinglemur. So, armed rioter:

30. - Top - End - #150

Thanks DeTess, I tried. I also briefly considered throwing the other wolf under the bus to try to seem towny, but there was a not insignificant chance y’all would’ve seen through that and just killed both of us.

Extended Sig