New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Adventurer doll maker

So, my party has so far been using monopoly pieces to represent our characters on-table, and I had the idea of making paper printouts + standies in their stead. To demonstrate, I want to use generators online, but all the ones I can find are the text-based ones for inspiring design, instead of directly designing one, similar to the ever popular doll maker flash "games". Does anyone know of a good, succinct one that has a wide range of use for high fantasy & D&D?

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurer doll maker

Quote Originally Posted by stewstew5 View Post
    So, my party has so far been using monopoly pieces to represent our characters on-table, and I had the idea of making paper printouts + standies in their stead. To demonstrate, I want to use generators online, but all the ones I can find are the text-based ones for inspiring design, instead of directly designing one, similar to the ever popular doll maker flash "games". Does anyone know of a good, succinct one that has a wide range of use for high fantasy & D&D?
    Try Heromachine? It has a bit of a learning curve, especially the 3rd edition, but you can make quite a diverse set of characters with it. In fact, I'd often use it to rough out character design before I'd draw them myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Try Heromachine? It has a bit of a learning curve, especially the 3rd edition, but you can make quite a diverse set of characters with it. In fact, I'd often use it to rough out character design before I'd draw them myself.
    yea I checked out heromachine, and 3 is definitely confusing just to launch. My only real gripes with it are that it's a bit more super-hero-y and less high fantasy-y (albeit those have a lot of overlap so that's not a huge detriment)

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was looking for some similar resources not so long ago.

I found this, which is $1 for each set: https://papercraftdungeon.com/

It's pretty cheap if you find a set you like and then you just need to print and put on the stands.

These ones are free, but a bit less variety: http://zenseeker.net/PaperMiniatures/Fantasy.htm