For some context: I'm someone who, for the longest time, hasn't enjoyed running or preparing dungeons in almost any capacity. The way dungeons are presented in official books just irk me, they're unfun to run and prepare at least on my end. However ever since trying out Isometric Dungeons (2.5D Dungeons with a side view) that fit in a single page with information either on the page itself or in a 2nd page next to it I've found a form of adoration for their simplicity and ease of use especially in fitting a consistent 4 combat encounters (usually 1-2 hard with another hard encounter and then a deadly with a ''boss'' at the end) in that fill up a typical adventuring day budget.

The ability to run a dungeon in just 1-2 sessions and then being able to have a roleplay session right after where the characters enjoy the fruit of their labor is just amazing and works far FAR better than the slog that official dungeons tend to be. This, as I've been experiencing for around 12 sessions deep into this campaign, feels like i'm running actual Dungeons and Dragons without any added issues that burn me out or make either myself or the players not enjoy the game.

Isometric Dungeons add a level of visual depth to the game and makes handling mechanics like flight make far more sense that I honestly feel like I can never go back to playing on a flat 2D map anymore.

Have any of you ever tried Isometric Dungeons before? If so, do you prefer them over flat 2D maps?